The Shadowside Play-by-Post Game has an enormous cast of characters exemplifying a variety that borders on absurdity. It is likely this list will never be complete, as the site exemplifies a truly extreme case of Loads and Loads of Characters, and more are constantly being added to the roster. The variety of proffessions, abilities, personalities, and even species is truly astonishing.
Characters can be created in most any way you can think, with three weak powers to start or one strong, though there are a few that have no powers at all and that somehow have survived to be in the campus. There are no predefined races, even the Evotellurics (Which are the most abundant race there, followed by werewolves/wolf-hybrids) have lots of diversity, from the ones with powers that deal with entropy, to powers that... Yeah, deal with the taste of the skin and being addictive. Abilities and skills range from Stock Superpowers to the creative to the batshit insane, with a surprisingly small number of BadAssNormals scattered about (although slowing becoming more prevalent). It is also possible to register a custom race if you want, to share it with the world or to keep it all for yourself.
Overall Arikarka, known by nearly all as simply Ari, is a wild child, a Wild Mage. With the mindset of herself coming first and everyone else second the redhead can be a strange one to be around. Usually with her best friend Nodi (a giant wolfdog) at her side and some sort of bird, mammal, or reptile always coming up to her for advice or help, hanging around Ari is never boring. From a tropes point of view, Ari is a merge of Firekeeper from the Firekeeper series, and Daine from the Immortals Quartet
- Daughter of A Whore - Only living daughter is more like it. Ari was born to her birth mother Vera Dita and has no idea who her father is. In fact Ari's surprise she's alive, seeing as she has no siblings.
- Animal Talk - Speaking it, body language-ing it, speaking mind to mind, yea, Ari's got it covered.
- Speaks Fluent Animal - Same as above.
- Non-Human Sidekick - Nodi is almost always at her side, so watch out. The 4 foot 9.5 inch tall and nearly 7 foot long wolfdog is quite intimidating.
- Wild Child - Having learned many of her skills and almost past human feats of amazement have been taught to her by many many species across the continent of Europe and Asia.
- Friendto All Living Things - Pretty much sums it up.
- Not Good with People - Ari is a mix of first type and second type. Being once a true second type, the time on campus has softened Ari's aversion with dealing with humans, though has a much stronger animal mentality when thinking and dealing with events in life.
- Fiery Redhead - Not an extreme redhead, but stir Ari up enough and she will let her opinion known.
- Animal Eye Spy - This is as easy as breathing for the wild mage.
- Healing Hands - Ari can heal any animal, magical or natural. Even shapeshifters if they are fully human!
- Voluntary Shapeshifting - Has the power to shapeshift into animal animal she chooses, be it full 100% animal or a hybrid chimera mix.
- Adorkable - He has a rather clumsy way about him, but mostly with women, children, animals... Pretty much anything he can't relate to forces him to be rather dorky and endearing all at the same time.
- Beware the Nice Ones - It is extremely difficult to anger him to the point of violence, which he hates in and of itself. But if you succeed... RUN.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome
- Parental Abandonment - It was clear his parents never really cared for him.
- Time Travel - Very mild cases of doubling the speed of time, and stopping time, for now, but his power designation is "Chronotracer".
Better known by the nickname "Tails," this young delinquent turned businessman has a modest reputation around campus as a member of the LoL Brigade — the Absurdly Powerful Student Council which isn't actually the student council. However, when he's usually skipping classes, this working young man finds gainful employment in an organization called Alquerque. After all, an independent young teen has his own bills to pay.
- Almighty Janitor - He can cook, clean, sing, dance, paint, play instruments, speak multiple languages, perform first aid and has many other practical skills, but among the super-powered campus students, he's just average.
- Badass Bookworm - And he doesn't just learn this stuff, he puts the knowledge to practical application.
- Combat Pragmatist - Tails isn't a fighter, so when he gets into dangerous situations, he'll do any means necessary to win.
- Conveniently an Orphan - He does sometimes talk about his adolescent years with a certain air of detachment.
- Damn, It Feels Good to Be a Gangster! - While he's mainly a delinquent on campus, his shady associations in the city puts him on a whole different level.
- Mysterious Past - However, it's not a complete mystery since all profiles require some explanations.
- Only Known by Their Nickname - While it's unclear where he got the nickname Tails, he still uses his real name during formalities such as signatures.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits - Together with the jokester Akihiko, the surfer girl Jamie, the knight Kaz, and the gunner Sybil, Tails leads this unorthodox team he calls the Rat Pack.
- Screw Destiny - A big believer in free will over fate, he'll go out of his way to prove anyone wrong if they so much as try to predict his future.
Casera is a combat android who, due to something Gone Horribly Wrong, had her ship crash onto the planet Earth, stranding her for the time being. She seems to be doing quite well despite that, although her actions may call into question whether sabotage or intentional re-programming are to blame for her dire straits. Currently resides with Michael Stevens, her current handler (person who fixes her up after things go boom). Possible future hilarity almost guaranteed to happen.
- A Mech by Any Other Name: Come on, you know it's only a matter of time before someone climbs into her.
- Arm Cannon: Yet another weapon at her disposal.
- Bottomless Magazines: Any projectile weapon Casera shifts her arms into, only limited by her use restrictions and cooldown periods.
- Call a Human a "Meatbag": Repeatedly, for her own entertainment, as well as expressing her contempt for "this backwards species".
- Deceptively Human Robot: Externally, at least. Internally, she appears like something out of an H.R. Geiger drawing.
- Embarrassing First Name: "Triande" is almost never used to address Casera, despite being her primarily designated name. However, it is not a Berserk Button for her.
- Emotionless Girl: Guess why. Well, kinda, sorta.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: A lot of her weaponry relies upon plasma as a
plot devicepower source, which is close enough - especially when concentrated.
- I Am Legion: Describes The Enemy, Casera's nemeses, fairly well. Also see Generic Doomsday Villain.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Reaction to any attempt to describe magic "logically". Ranging from simple confusion to complete meltdown.
- Gotta Kill Them All: Casera was created specifically to destroy The Enemy, and... almost nothing else, to be honest, forcing her to "adapt" her Prime Directive to fit "non-standard parameters".
- The Juggernaut: Casera will stop at nothing to complete her mission of eradicating The Enemy, short of wholesale slaughter and leveling entire cities. Not even getting shot in the face stops her; she shrugs off non-lethal damage like it doesn't happen, as she feels no pain. Attacking or otherwise antagonizing her is ill-advised.
- Robot Maid: Only at Michael's apartment, when she gets excessively bored.
- Robo Speak: How she starts out speaking.
- Selective Slaughter: To an extreme. Casera's mission is to protect organic life, not destroy it - even if she wants to at times. This rule doesn't apply to "Infected" individuals.
- Shapeshifter Weapon: Casera's arms (and body) can change into a variety of weapons, from repeating flechette launchers to plasma blades. At will.
- Sufficiently Advanced Aliens: Casera's Creators were one of these. Casera herself - less so.
- Super-Persistent Predator: Anything - or Heaven help, anyone - that gets in her way is liable to be tossed aside, if they're lucky. If they persist, its their funeral.
- Telescoping Robot: Subverted; while theoretically possible that her arms can become anything, they are limited due to 'reasons'.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill
- Uncanny Valley Girl: Cute, and not outwardly hostile (except vocally), but extremely unsettling to look at for long periods of time. Sometimes it's hard to remember that she's built to destroy an entire species. Plus, there's the obvious implications of what she does to those that get between her and her goals.
In short, Casimiro is a psychotic pervert. Based primarily on the idea that psychopaths can't feel empathy and some emotions on a very foundational level, he takes intense pleasure in taking what he wants and generally causing havoc, hopefully at the expense of someone. He's arrogant, violent, lustful, ego-centric, antisocial, and Chad's number one rival on campus.
- Axe-Crazy - Casimiro is definitely one of these, except with throwing knives and more rape-y. Don't expect to have any kind of non-confrontational, nonviolent interaction with him. Also, don't make any mention of all the "furries" running around on campus.
- At Least I Admit It - He takes great pleasure in pointing out the hypocrisies of the good guys and so-called "heroes" around him.
- Evil Feels Good - Duh.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars - He used to have a single vertical scar over his right eyes, but after the fight with Chad that resulted in the above quote, he now has three vertical scars that make up most of the right side of his face.
- Love Dodecahedron - Despite the inability to actually empathize, and subsequently love, Casimiro finds himself garnering favor with some girls and "falling for" Sybil Serel, which causes even more friction with Chad.
- Silly Rabbit, Idealism Is for Kids! - Casimiro revels in his cynical view of the world, people, and students trying to heroes; believing that idealists are in denial and will be the first to die once they actually go out into the real world.
- The Blade Always Lands Pointy End In - Hand waved with Casimiro's throwing knives by saying they use magnets and Yautja technology to always land with maximum penetration.
- The Hedonist - He lives to please himself. Usually at the expense of others.
- Training from Hell - His training typically involves full-on sparring and beatings. Expected when his mentor was himself trained by the greatest hunters in the galaxy.
- The Trickster: Definitely one of these, complete with Cheshire Cat Grin. Minus the part where he teaches any kind of good moral lesson.
Although she's 16, Catherine looks like a hormonally-challenged 12 year old, and carries herself like she knows what she's doing. Calm, mostly independent, and friendly, she hates fighting, and avoids it at all costs... unless you piss her off.
Then expect a world of pain. A very big world of pain.
- Aura Vision - Essentially, one of her powers, Mana Sight. Though instead of just life, it shows her what magic energy various individuals are using via "auras", if they use anything superhuman; if he/she/it is a normal human/humanoid, a normal animal, or normal object in the environment, it shows up as gray outlined in white.
- Berserk Button - Go ahead, make fun of her blindness or her boyfriend. Dooooo iiiiit....
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience - What she sees with her Mana Sight, essentially. Read above for explanation.
- Disability Superpower - Catherine was born with a genetic disease that rendered her completely blind by her third birthday. However, when Evo's Dawn happened, her first power was the gift of Mana Sight, though, it isn't exactly a perfect replacement. Though, in some ways, it's better than what most others have.
- Handicapped Badass - To a point, since her handicap has been sorta smoothed over by a certain power.
- It's All My Fault - When she killed her brother on accident about a year after Evo's Dawn happened. Or did she?!
- Little Miss Badass - See "Handicapped Badass" example. Namely when angry.
- Non-Elemental - Essentially, Catherine's base abilities are non-elemental, although they can be charged with a natural element.
- Power Incontinence - Most of her powers cause Cathy to lose consciousness if her concentration is broken. Or, at the least, get dizzy and light-headed.
- Squishy Wizard - For the most part, she is this (for now), kinda.
Against what that quote could lead most to think, Chad is a rather friendly wolf-human hybrid, what that quote does reflect though is just how passionate and fierce he can be, especially when some touchy topics are... touched.
- Anything That Moves - With very few limitations in the past, supposedly he's going to be loyal.
- Berserk Button - For your own safety... don't EVER mention hunting, or threaten his pack.
- Even the Guys Want Him - He has turned at least two other male, straight characters into bi.
- Feuding Families - Chad's long lost (he'd wish) family, also known as House of Tuvai.
- Guns and Gunplay Tropes - He has many of these, from Depleted Phlebotinum to Ate his Gun, it might be because the author does intend to fulfill several of these through the time.
- Hurting Hero - For most of his past, and after each death of a meaningful person.
- Love Dodecahedron - Again, Chad and his pack.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places - In the Gym with a Dragon and a whip user girl... And no, it's not a sexed up Clue game. Besides that first threesome, Chad has got it in locker rooms, caves, clubs, and so on.
- Our Werewolves Are Different - The "Anubis" race present wolf ears and tail, as well as transformations into hybrid and wolf.
- Shirtless Scene - He has quite a few of them, most often in his dorm with the excuse of "heat" (Regardless of the season.)
- Shock and Awe - Not extremely strong by itself, it can however call down lightnings and redirect them.
- "Shut Up" Kiss - Especially used with Sybil when she goes into her rant mode on him... Though he has used it with some others too.
- There Are No Therapists - No, and he needs one definitely
- Wolf Man - Wolf ears and tail, though eyes also present gold coloration and reflect light, and fangs are slightly longer than an average human.
- Young Gun - Chad is heavily focused in gun use, most notably a case of The Quick Draw and The Woo
Occasionally referred to as 'that flying kid', even if his flight spell isn't all that powerful. Often seen either in the Bushido Chambers, giving a new student a tour of the campus, or occasionally giving private Magic lessons.
- Chekhov's Gun / Improvised Weapon / Noodle Implements - A Rubber Chicken and a toilet lid were all he needed to create Awesome.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome - Probably the biggest case of it in the school.
- Flight - And he has a couple of ways of doing it.
- Genre Savvy - "Alright, here we are. Another adventure through a video game-ish world." In a storyline based off of MegaMan NT Warrior.
- Gratuitous Japanese - More along the lines of using the Japanese names for video games when there is a difference.
- I Know Mortal Kombat - Video games taught him quite a bit about the theory of fighting (such as the viability of using knee and elbow strikes)...
- Lovecraft Country - Or 'Western Gensokyo' as Chris would like to call it. Evo's Dawn + Type 2 Eagleland + Chris's hometown (and the weather thereof) prior to joining the Twin Campuses = This, very likely.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me
- Mr. Exposition - Chris tends to talk a lot at times to explain what may be going on...
- Playing with Fire
- Sentai - Playing the role of Tenjisei in one particular Sentai-based Storyline.
- Status Buff - Chris's initial spells, all Ability Up types.
- Under the Mistletoe - Chris tries to show James Geo how it works, but only ends up getting beaten up by his unwilling partner for it.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting - After putting some time into it, he is now Totally a Dragon, at least for up to twenty minutes per day.
"Ho hum. Whatever will a poor defenseless girl like myself ever do without the help of such a strong and handsome man such as yourself?"
What's to say about this pink haired pixie? She's got beauty, she's got brains, and she's got one hell of a bust. Needless to say she'll woo the pants off any guy with her disarming appearance and seductive pheromones. Did I mention this little temptress comes with her own fan service transformation?
- Big Breast Pride - She literally got into a contest to prove that she had the better breasts, among other qualities and assets.
- By the Power of Grayskull! - Or in Claire's case, Pink Prism Power!!
- Everything's Better with Spinning - Not only does she spin when she transforms, but she spins when she decides to go suicidal with her boom blocks.
- Love Is in the Air - Her main ability, she can woo the pants off most males thanks to her pheromones!
- Magical Girl - Pretty Obvious I think
- Mid-Season Upgrade - She became Sailor Claire for the first time in Trinida out of desperation.
- Ms. Fanservice - Get ready boys, a nose bleed is a coming.
- Transformation Sequence - Fanservice for the win!
- Technicolor Eyes - Thanks to Evo's Dawn, her eyes become Magenta.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair - Another effect of the Dawn, was that Claire's hair naturally turned cherry blossom pink.
Running away from home, Delilah reaches Azura thinking everything will be all right. Of course that was until the Zombies, and the kidnappings and the explosions, and that part where they entire campus shifted to another plane of existence for a while. Not to mention her recent addiction to a certain boy/virus. Yeah, things will be all right. Sure.
- Shock and Awe - Delilah's powers use electricity for all sort of things that probably break science
- Static Stun Gun - Her bolt power does just this, stunning anyone hit with it momentarily.
- Magical Defibrillator - When she brought the Gecko back to life during Limbus.
- The Nicknamer - Most everyone will get some form of nickname from her - whether she actually uses it is another thing all together.
"I dont like you! Youre going to get sick now. Teehee!"
Eury is an adorable fury-human hybrid whose blatant naivety and constant cheerfulness poorly hides her sociopathic tendencies and a horrible past.
- Cheerful Child - Eury is always happy...always. Whether she is meeting a new friend or telling strangers about how her father tried to drown her...okay by cheerful, I might have meant Creepy Child.
- Cute Monster Girl - Words should be invented to properly describe just how adorably this fury-human hybrid is and then theres her fury form.
- Love Freak Shes happy and wants to be friends with everyone unless she doesnt like you.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant - Whether shes talking about how she traps small animals so she could play with them (and) or eat them or simply looking at a person with her big black eyes and wide smile and saying these few terrifying words, "I don't like you very much," Eury is constantly providing horror.
- Selective Obliviousness - How does someone with such a sad past and clear cut issues stay so cheerful? Easy! Stay oblivious! Things would become very terrible indeed if this were to change.
- Shapeshifting - Aww looks how cute Eury...wait a minute...whats happening to her mouth? Is she getting taller? Oh s** t, run, I don't know what the hell that is but RUN.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial - Whenever People tell Eury that her daddy was anything but the best father, she launches into very specific scenarios that did not happen, missing the point entirely.
- The Pollyanna - Abuse, negligence, no school, no people, no problem! Eury will face whatever hardship comes her way with a warm smile and love...most likely.
- Trauma Conga Line Eurys life before entering the twin schools was marked by consistent negligence and abuse on her fathers part.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- Yandere - You will be Eury's friend whether you like it or not! ^^
Evy is an athletic 14-year-old Evo with a big smile and a bigger heart. Her powers let her vibrate, although she hasn't quite figured out how to best use them yet. She doesn't really know where she's headed in life, but she hopes it'll involve soccer...and Sevens.
- Earn Your Happy Ending - The path to Evy and Sevens' getting together is littered with rubble, at least one corpse and one broken heart.
- Everyone Can See It - From her first adventure with Sevens, everyone else has seemed to know theyre meant to be together.
- Girls' Love As mentioned above, shes Schoolgirl Lesbians with Sevens.
- Happily Adopted - Evy loves her foster parents, and misses them deeply.
- Ms. Fanservice - Evy and Sevens' "unintentional seductions."
- Oblivious to Love - For the better part of a SL, she remained totally oblivious to her roommates feelings for her and she remained oblivious to her own feelings for her roommate for even longer.
- Raised by Natives - After Evys parents died, she was raised by a religious and conservative Jordanian family.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend Her conservative upbringing has forced her to constantly deny her feelings for Sevens even going as far as to get a boyfriend to reassure herself she isnt gay.
- Tomboy - Evys favorite outfit is a baggy shirt and knee-length basketball shorts.
- Unkempt Beauty - despite putting no time and effort into her appearance, others still seem to find her beautiful.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway? Evy vibrates. Yes, thats her power. She vibrates.
A cynical freshman jerk. Eighteen years ago Hanzae's family disowned him, sold him to the government and from that point onwards Hanzae has been living a life of a medical specialist under the care of the Sasaki Household. He wanted to enter Azura and Avalon due to lack of privacy in his older life. but immediately regrets his decision doing so.
- Healing Factor
- Berserk Button - Do something evil.
- Deadpan Snarker - His automatic reaction to pretty much everything.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold - Despite his abusive nature, his alignment is Lawful Good
- Knight In Sour Armor - Hanzae personifies this trope.
- Good Is Not Nice
- Healing Hands - One of his power facets.
- Super Speed and Super Strength are other things he can mess with.
- Touch of Death - He can literally cause your skins cells to go necrotic.
- Lonely Rich Kid - Except that he has no parents.
- Sophisticated as Hell - His primary speech patterns border on this.
A cheerful, upbeat vampire. She's coming to the Dual Campus to finish her education, as her original academic career was cut rather short by the London Blitz, and that whole "dying" thing.
- Becoming the Mask - Harper forces herself to be outgoing and friendly with people, to help avoid seeing them as food. Over the decades, this has slowly become an integral part of her personality.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire - Self-explanatory.
- Genki Girl
- Healing Factor - Subverted. Harper can heal from anything that doesn't destroy her heart, but she heals at the same rate as a normal human.
- Older Than She Looks - Harper looks pretty good for someone who's pushing 80.
- Our Vampires Are Different - Kind of. If it's in Bram Stoker's book, there's a decent chance it applies to Harper.
- Shout-Out - Her last name is Anderson, a reference to the vampire-killing Alexander Anderson.
- Vegetarian Vampire - She rarely, if ever, feeds on human blood.
- Badass Family - His entire family is a group of well trained, diverse Magi.
- Knight in Shining Armor - Desires to be the epitome of this trope.
- Marionette Master - He's a doll mage with a collection of bizarre little plush toys, each with their own unique personality
- Robe and Wizard Hat - He's a mage... yeah... He doesn't have a hat though.
- Squishy Wizard - His dolls do all his fighting and he couldn't take a punch if he wanted to.
- Summon Magic - While he fights via the dolls, they are actually rather elaborate summoning vessels.
- The Napoleon - He's short, he knows it, he doesn't like it when you mention it.
A homunculus created by a Corporation of Alchemist using snakes and one of their own members.
- Artificial Human- To be fair, he's more snake than human, but you get the picture.
- Fan Nick Name - He has several of these actually. Including:
- Healing Factor - A small one, but he can heal in half the time it takes a human to do so.
- Hellish Pupils - It might have something to do with being a snake.
- Humanoid Abomination - If others are to be believed.
- If You're So Evil, Eat This Kitten - Played with. He has eaten both a kitten and a puppy, the canoncy of the former is under debate, but both times he was just hungry. Though, that still doesn't stop anyone from using it as an example of his evilness.
- Later parodied when he saved a kitten from a tree.
- Played with yet again when he got a pet kitten.
- Lack of Empathy
- Our Homunculi Are Different
- Scarf Of Asskicking - He has several in various colors.
- Scaled Up - He has the ability to turn into a white, python like snake and a Naga with similar coloring.
- Shout-Out - His name is a referrence to the musical term Legato, which comes from a term meaning to "bind togeather"
- When He Smiles
"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut
On the inside Leila is just a very sweet, but very scared 16 year old girl with the ability to sense Evos and their powers and be able to temporarily nullify them. what is she so afraid of? The other Evotellurics, or more specifically, their powers. This made her create a new facade. She needed to appear confident, aloof, and a little scary, not that that was hard for the 6'2 female. This version of herself may have had traits that Leila wished she had normally, but it was also meaner, and more violent. Unfortunately, the more she pretends, the more she changes, and not for the better.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl - Although Leila is more shy than aloof, she is how she tends to appear to strangers.
- Boomerang Bigot - Leila does not hate the Evotellurics, she does however fear them...a lot. This is not lessoned in the slightest by the fact this happens to be one as well.
- Huge Schoolgirl - At 6'2 Leila would even be considered tall for a guy, let alone a 16 year old girl.
- Oblivious to Love - Leila isn't just oblivious to love, she is oblivious being checked, to flirting, to blatantly being hit on, she's probably oblivious to near harassment. So long as they keep their hands off of her, it all goes over her head.
- Power Nullifier - Leila can form a field, where no Evos can use their abilities.
- Shipper on Deck - Leila is playing The Matchmaker for Sevens and Evy.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality - Despite the quiet, loner image she made for herself. Leila is really nice. Even to the Evos that she fears, she doesn't have anything against them, only their powers
- The Quiet One - Whether her lack of a social life early on made her quiet, or her silence made her unpopular, Leila does not talk a lot.
- Americans Are Cowboys
- Badass Gay - Yep, he's got a boyfriend, doesn't stops him from turning into a tiger or being able to punch you several times in a second.
- Berserk Button - Do whatever you want, just... don't mess with his sister, I warned you.
- Bulletproof Vest - On request of his boyfriend, Leo got himself a bulletproof vest.
- Determinator - Even when told it was futile, he kept trying to open a Nuke-proof curtain... And managed it.
- Cats Are Mean - Averted, even though Leo turns into a tiger, he's more on a playful side than intentionally being mean.
- Combat Pragmatist - Anything goes as long as it helps him get out of the fight alive and on top.
- Dumb Muscle - Averted, Leo can be often seen reading in his room and engaging in smart talks.
- Firing One-Handed - Unorthodox as it may be, he is used to do this to present a smaller target for his opponent.
- Fragile Speedster - His main ability makes him faster, however can't endure many hits.
- Gay Cowboy - Of the Manly Gay kind.
- Gentle Giant - Although there are bigger characters, and certainly stronger, Leo still has the looks to pull this role.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl - Leo and Jacey, even for being twins the difference is quite marked.
- Hunk - Just look at the picture please.
- I Know Madden Kombat - Extremely fast and extremely heavy football player... Yes, I'd fear a tackle from him.
- Invulnerable Knuckles - Justified in that his body has adapted to the speeds he can achieve.
- Long-Range Fighter - Type 2 specifically.
- Lovable Jock - Of the decently smart kind.
- One Thing Led to Another - With Gina Ulrica during their vacations at a Pacific island... Needless to say, their cuddle-friend relationship changed in no way.
- Panthera Awesome - Thanks to that Clingy MacGuffin, Leo is capable of turning into a Siberian White Tiger, and its Beast Man variant.
- Pants-Positive Safety - Justified in the fact that his jeans are designed to have dimensional pockets where the weapon is stored.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs - Extreme speed is his power, what exactly were you expecting here?
- Revolvers Are Just Better - And if they happen to be the Dirty Harry Kind? Even better.
- Shipper on Deck - He began suspecting Justin and Abigail were in love, and in a good part paid expenses to see them together... and coached Justin on what to do on a date.
- Shirtless Scene - He has had some.
- Technical Pacifist - Before a certain involuntary event where he made his first kill, Leo was more of a Thou Shall Not Kill kind of guy, death outside survival games is still not something he's likely to cause at all.
- The Gunslinger - Type D, though still not at the level of intercepting bullets mid-flight.
- Wallof Weapons - He's an avid firearms collector... And he knows how to use most of them.
A young looking ice mage who is actually older (and quite a bit stronger) than he looks. Just naive as hell.
- Abusive Parents - Alluded that his father isn't exactly the nicest of people.
- Break the Cutie - Will eventually happen, it's inevitable.
- Fish out of Water - Raised alone in a huge mansion that is antiquated, moving to the big city is definitely... interesting.
- Older Than They Look - Lore is actually 15, but looks like he's 12. Has the mentality of a 12 year old (sometimes) but the intellect of someone who is much older. It's due to a mana induced disease, but still.
- Raised by Grandparents - Not completely, as still had a mom, but grandmother dearest definitely was pulling the strings.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World - The basis of Lore's powers are, in essence, to create one and kick ass with it.
A snarky, scrawny bookworm who has yet to learn to keep his mouth shut around people capable and willing to beat him up.
- Berserk Button - The works of Christopher Paolini.
- Butt-Monkey - noted on the main page.
- Dark and Troubled Past - Lucas refuses to talk about what happened on The Dawn. Whatever it was, it involved lots of fire and left his sister badly scarred and wanting to kill him.
- Deadpan Snarker - when he's not too pissed to be coherent.
- Healing Factor - the result of Evo's Dawn.
- Refusal of the Call - Lucas has no interest in playing the hero. This hasn't stopped him from getting dragged into many life-threatening situations against his will, however. Slowly Edging towards Resigned to the Call.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss - With DJ.
- The Nicknamer - Lucas sometimes gives nicknames to people. He's getting better about it.
- Nyuu is "Pinky"
- Senkio is either "Red" or "Ender"
- Zieyad is "Bugzapper"
- DJ is sometimes "Skeeball"
- There Are No Therapists - Averted. Lucas called one back home after spending an evening locked in a dungeon with a psychopathic wolf-girl.
A 16-year-old potions master with an extreme phobia of all things canine.
- Badass Family - Her entire family consists of a wide range of magic users; of which, she isn't really considered one.
- Black Sheep - Mostly because she doesn't quite fit in with the rest of her family. She's always the odd gal out and (though her parents don't consider her such) something of The Unfavorite.
- Dumb Blonde - Averted. Her character page makes a strong point that her hair color is indicative of her hair color, not of her personality or anything else, for that matter.
- Healing Potion - One of her most-used recipes.
- Just Add Water - Her powers work like this... mostly because the writer is lazy.
- Robe and Wizard Hat - Her handmade "Magic Outfit"◊.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes? - She has a debilitating phobia of canines, which are everywhere on the Twin Campus.
Memphis"I'm just Old Grim's errand boy, ya see. He gave me a special body and some fancy powers, an' now I do whatever small jobs they tell me to. Sometimes he comes around and has a chat with me." -Memph explaining his job.
He's not kidding. Memphis is a ghost, who was "promoted" to serving as the Grim Reaper's apprentice. You'd never know it until he used his powers or told you, though. When he's not doing some odd job for Old Grim, he's socializing, or off on some job as a musician. More occasionally, he takes some covert mission as a mercenary. He also has to eat the life force of others to keep himself undead.
- Don't Fear the Reaper - Though he will gladly go after completely innocent and random people for their life force, the process is non-fatal (but extremely painful), and he isn't likely to go after you if he's been speaking to you for more than five seconds. (Unless he just doesn't like you...)
- Our Souls Are Different - Apparently, a ghost can be, at any moment, "promoted" by the so-called Grim Reaper. Go figure.
- Our Vampires Are Different - Technically, he is not in fact a vampire. But the similarities are obvious. He has fangs... that serve absolutely no purpose. He eats life force... via skin-to-skin contact. He can eat magic as a substitute, and light is only mildly annoying to him. He'sDracula.
Overall Nodi is a nice enough wolfdog, though he can act arrogant and snobbish at times. Deep down though he is very caring and loyal. Make a friend out of him and you have a friend for life. Don't try to flirt or get in cahoots with his Ari though. There will be problems if anyone tries to woo or otherwise become romantically involved in his human.
- Animal Talk Nodi understands all species of animals,and vice versa. Now if only the silly Two-Legs would learn to listen
- Big Badass Wolf Dog - Best of both worlds!
- Animals Not to Scale He's much bigger than a single Euorpean wolf or German Shephard dog.
- Happily Adopted Nodi was taken in by Ari, but Nodi sees it as he took Ari in under his paws.
- Shapeshifter Nodi can take on human shape.
- Deadpan Snarker Nodi is constantly make asides that rag on Ari, humans, other species, or anyone he really cares to quip on.
- Carnivore Confusion Nodi rarely is seen out hunting for his own food, though has happened on occation.
- Intellectual Animal Has the human intellect of a senior in high school.
- Non Human Love Interest Reversed in this case. Nodi has it bad for the human Arikarka.
"I hate this place."
An ostensibly normal teenager from Chicago who also happens to have the power to transfer momentum into anything he touches. Not exactly happy with his circumstances.
- Berserk Button - Insult him for being an Evotelluric and he will at least try to put a little pain into your life.
- Chivalrous Pervert - He does enjoy gawking at the ladies, but he will step up and defend them if things take a turn for the dangerous.
- Cluster F-Bomb - A staple of his speech patterns.
- Dark and Troubled Past - Or so he believes. Everyone he knew shunned him once they discovered he was an Evotelluric, leading him to a life of crime. Then, the gang he was running with screwed him over, cementing his belief that no one in the world is trustworthy.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Ulysses. Which makes his initials RUN.
- I Just Want to Be Normal - Oh boy does he ever...
- Le Parkour - His passion and only hobby.
- Naïve Newcomer - At first.
- No Honor Among Thieves - His former gang in Chicago screwed him over and left him behind after a botched robbery, leading to him getting sent to the dual campuses.
- Power Incontinence - His momentum transfer ability is always active, meaning that if he moves too quickly and accidentally touches something, stuff gets broken.
- Punched Across the Room - Due to his ability, proper application of momentum can send someone flying back a good distance.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man - His roommate is Chi.
- Troubled, but Cute - According to Cici
Please dont eat my kidneys!
Sam is quite easily one of the most paranoid, naïve and insane individuals in school. Incredibly timid, shes the kind of person you just want to hug and say everythings okay. She keeps an incredible collection of hats, which act as her security blanket. She is also an incredibly powerful telekinetic if she didnt let her neurosis get in the way that is.
- Achilles' Heel Sam is her own weakness. Shes mentally handicapped herself to the point that she only uses a small part of her powers potential.
- Cool Mask She cant use her powers unless shes cosplaying. Seriously.
- Cowardly Lion Sams well, shes afraid of everything.
- Distressed Damsel Due to the way her power works and the fact shes afraid of threats that arent really threats at all, she definitely comes off as in need of saving often.
- Kryptonite Factor - Watch what happens when you knock her headgear off.
- Lovable Coward You just want to protect her and give her a great big hug.
- Morality Pet - She's this to Miguel and Greg.
- Nice Hat About three fourths of her wardrobe is composed of nothing but hats in varying styles.
- Psychic Powers Sam has tactile telekinesis.
- Selective Obliviousness Try telling her that her father never loved her or that her best friends a monster
- Trauma Conga Line - Her life prior to attending Azura.
"Come closer, come closer, said the spider to the fly. The web has yet to weave, but the mind is ready to receive."
The new flirt on campus with a arrogant streak a mild wide, a butchered past, and a burdening curse. Oh, and he's hawt.
- Really Gets Around - However, he'll sell your body to himself for free. This time for a reason.
- The Hedonist - While not explicitly for his own pleasure, he does truly enjoy reveling in it, and it serves him well.
A small, cute, mute and physical mage. Its a bit hard to tell whats on her mind.
- Action Girl - This specifically.
- Back Stab
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander She brings candy everywhere and is prone to making decisions on a whim.
- Combat Pragmatist
- Cute Mute
- Dark and Troubled Past Her Parents were killed by an Evo for reasons unknown.
- Deus ex Machina - Sevens has a spell by this name. It's basically Plot Armor.
- Dynamic Entry - Her penchant for suddenly crashing into a scene has prompted people to joke that she has a thing against windows.
- Earn Your Happy Ending - The path to Evy and Sevens' getting together is littered with rubble, at least one corpse and one broken heart.
- Girls' Love She's Schoolgirl Lesbians with Evy.
- Knife Nut - Her alias? Count the number of knives she usually sports outside of the ones in the shoebox.
- Le Parkour
- Meta Fiction Her spells are names after literary devices and tropes.
- Ms. Fanservice - Around Evy. She even has a cheerleading costume.
- Old Master Cowl, the mage who adopted Sevens often tossed her in the wilderness to teach her basic survival skills.
- Only Known by Their Nickname Sevens is obviously not her real name.
- Sweet Tooth Some have speculated that theres a portal to Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory in her closet. The truth is a bit stranger than that though
- The Dragon - She's this for the anthromorphic personification of luck.
- The Fool She does practice Luck Magic after all. Not to mention who she has tea with on a regular basis
- Violently Protective Girl Friend - She has a Berserk Button and it has Evy written all over it.
- Waif-Fu Sevens fights with crazy acrobatic stunts coupled with knife combat based on Kali/Eskrima techniques that rely on killing an opponent quickly and efficiently.
- Weapon of Choice - See this. Swift, fierce and pragmatic describes her well. Ax-Crazy? Maybe a little bit.
- Your Door Was Open - Sevens has also made unexpected entrances that didn't involve breaking anything.
"To be honest, I haven't really thought about what I would do if I were free. I suppose it would be different if I were. Right now, I know everything— well, almost everything that I bother to remember— and I've seen everything directly through the cosmos itself. There isn't much I could think that I'd want to do. But... not being a genie anymore, I guess that would be a different thing in it's own right. All these things I know, I'd just forget. But then again— I'd have forever to learn them all over again and first hand. I bet that would be great."
- Benevolent Genie / Jackass Genie - There is a varied distinction between these two as Shireen tends to follow orders in accordance to her creator. This being said she can easily become one or the other based on the wisher, how they wish, and what they are wishing for. Normally, she proves to be the first, but it's hard to actually pinpoint due to the countless tragedies that have come about due to her wishing granting prowess.
- Blow You Away - Her Djinni powers give her limited control over Air, Wind, Atmosphere and what have you.
- Genie in a Bottle - She used to be a genie, but now she's a Djinni, but only because Our Genies Are Different.
- Heavy Sleeper - Genies don't really have much to do with all their free time. Command over the cosmos in a small area can only entertain someone for so long. They take up sleeping right quick— they do it so much it actually becomes something of an Achilles' Heel.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl - This is kind of how she wants to be around Tails (just don't tell him).
- Not a Morning Person - For obvious reasons.
- Our Genies Are Different - Explains itself.
- Reality Warper - Genies are the tinkers of the universe, able to make it bend and shape at the whims of their masters. Granted, controlling this power is another thing entirely.
- Really 700 Years Old - She was created in biblical times and is somewhere around 2,500 years old— and boy, does she not look it.
- Seen It All - With a connection to the cosmos, Shireen literally knew everything if she bothered to remember it, but after being freed and separated from the powers that be she only retained most of her mystical knowledge and now wants to actually SEE it all.
- Super Smoke - Genies can turn into smoke... That's it. She can turn into smoke. Nothing more to see here.
"You've gotta target on your back with my name on it. My advice? Ya better start bookin' it, ducky."
- Anti-Hero - Type IV... with a touch of outright Femme Fatale when necessary.
- Bastard Boyfriend - Yeah... and now he's a bit of a Stalker with a Crush who Also is responsible for her life changing personality flipping dramatic change
- Broken Bird
- Burn Baby Burn - Frequently burns things in effigy of Lucius, and recently has had something important to her burned.
- Duct Tape for Everything - Looking for the source of the running Duct Tape gag? This might be it. MAYBE.
- The Gunslinger - Loves her Guns Akimbo and peridiocally shocks people with her mini arsenal of doom
- Improbable Aiming Skills - One of her Evotelluric powers, though less dramatic than many examples of the trope.
- Knife Nut - There have been people honestly scarred for life. Quite the collection and she DOES know how to use them.
- Only Known by Their Nickname- Sybil isn't her real name but don't call her "Aurora." In fact, avoid using the word anywhere near her.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss - A favorite way to silence her. Frequently employed by Chad in the Past, but also employed by Casimiro.
- Spotof Tea - She's half British, and her favoritism shows...
- You Got Spunk
A guy who's just about hit ever alignment a character can have. Though his looks are princely, he hides the heroism and charming qualities beneath a layer of sarcasm.
- Battle Aura - When he goes level three, he becomes a super saiyin and he glows like a nightlight.
- Berserker Tears - He found his biological mother was alive and totally freaked when Chad shot at her.
- Born Lucky - Zieyad has managed to live and fight/talk his way out of scenarios people should have just perished in. For example he survived a bullet barrage from Chad Wulf.
- Burn Baby Burn - While nothing symbolic to Zieyad was burned, he did burn Lucas's book at the Yule Ball
- FaceHeel Revolving Door - "I think I'll be good today, evil tomorrow, and neutral the day after. Rinse, lather, and repeat". Seriously this guy goes back and forth between good and evil like an indecisive twerp in a toy store.
- Flash Step - Moving at speeds of 200MPH, yeah I'd say it's pretty darn close.
- Feuding Families - House of Tuvai, nuff said.
- Invulnerable Knuckles - For all the times he's fought with his fists, he has not once broken them.
- Lonely Rich Kid - Before he made his heel turn to good, Zieyad (then known as Cunningham) was a lonely, evil, rich jerk ass.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places - Most people lose their virginity in a bed, he lost his in the library with a Beast Man
- People Puppets - Yet again at another school function, Lucas finds himself at Zieyad's mercy when he gets attached to his electric puppet strings.
- Royally Screwedup - His biological parents were killed in a car crash caused by his evil androgynous and flamboyant cousin. His future step parents would treat him like he wasn't a human at all as well.
- Self-Sacrifice Scheme - The one time he dies, and he plans it.
- Shock and Awe - His powers are centered around electricity.
- Someone Has to Die - Who better than him right?
- Technicolor Eyes - Has purple eyes
- These Hands Have Killed - When he killed his school's principal he broke down, cried and stared into his hands saying he was no good.
- The Paralyzer - With his electric powers came the ability to leave people stunned in place and with limbs numb and useless.
Hailing from the desert of Namibia, Zuberi can be stubborn, revengeful, prejudiced and arrogant, or a true sweetheart, pending on how you fare on your first meeting.
- Becoming the Mask - Originally sent to kill Nyuu Tanaka, Zuberi soon grows fond of his new position as a student, and after a series of events culminating with his expulsion of the pride, he decides that he's better as a student.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl - Just when he thought he'd never have anything good happen, having lost his small job and fallen into poverty, Jacey came into his life and changed everything, needless to say they're dating now.
- Cats Are Mean - Played straight at first, though he's slowly growing out of it.
- Heel Realization - Thanks to the events of Becoming the Mask, and a few friends made during it, Zuberi realized that hunting other sentient beings wasn't right at all.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold - Much as he can be mean and arrogant, he's also very caring and loving with those that make it close to him.
- King of Beasts - Can shapeshift into a big white lion.
- Left for Dead - When he was a kid, after kidnapped and tortured he was left for dead in the desert... He got lucky.
- Magic Knight - As his quote reflects, Zuberi is capable of casting spells, most of them focused through his body as Super Strength or frost breath.
- Meaningful Name - Zuberi means "Strong" and Abyad is "Pure", a hint to his role as The Chosen One.
- Panthera Awesome - His whole kind manifests lion features, and in a reference to the Nemean Lion, he has a extremely enduring body.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy - Naturally being a race inspired in lions and going extinct, they are a very aggressive race, specially against the Bastet. Zuberi might have forgiven the Bastet, but his spartan-like training hasn't left.
- Shirtless Scene - Has a few.
- The Atoner - After his Heel Realization, Zuberi has been actively trying to find a way to stop the war going between his kind and the Bastet, going as far as getting into a tournament to win a free wish, even if this could cost him his life.
- The Chosen One - He's a white lion, and he's discovered a powerful entity that coexists within his soul... And has had it confirmed, he'll either merge or Hell will break open, perhaps literally.
- Troubled, but Cute - Likes leather jackets and bikes, gets in trouble daily, is arrogant and self centered, yet found himself a girlfriend he loves madly.
A timelord with a penchant for raising hell, causing destruction, and mind fucking the pubescent minds he comes across.
- Badass Longcoat - What's more badass than a black leather long coat?
- Cool Shades - Seldom does he ever take them off.
- Katanas Are Just Better - Especially when they exceed 7 feet!
- Made of Evil - He is literally the sin Wrath incarnate.
- Silly Rabbit, Romance Is for Kids! - He gave up his heart and any love he had epochs ago.
- Smoking Is Cool - You will never see him without a cigarette in his mouth.
- Time Master - He can bend the timestream and make it his biznitch!
- Winged Humanoid - His wings are black and feathery!
Lucas' Axe-Crazy sister.
- Break the Cutie - What happened on Evo's Dawn.
- Cain and Abel - With Lucas.
- Knife Nut - Her Weapon of Choice is a magic gauntlet that produces an endless supply of knives.
- Knight Templar - Sam has come to believe that Evotellurics and supernatural beings are a major threat to the world, and her stated goal is to wipe them all out, ending with herself.
- Scars Are Forever - The events of the Dawn left Sam badly scarred physically and mentally.