Character list for World's End Harem: Currently under construction, needs some wiki love.
Some trope titles are spoilers on their own, but according to the wiki rules they are not to be under spoiler tags, as such do proceed with caution.
Common to all:
- Beneficial Disease: Although not fully understood, either their Multiple Sclerosis, their time in cryostasis, the medical treatment that cured their MS, or some combination of the three makes them all immune to the gender-specific MK-virus which all but wiped out the rest of the male gender.
- Breeding Slave: Since the fate of humanity rests entirely on them producing the next generation, they have all been conscripted into siring as many children as possible. Some adapt to this better than others. No. 4 suffers the hardest; he was kidnapped by a cult village led by his former boss, gets tied up, branded as a "holy slave", and is repeatedly raped by a group of women so they can get pregnant.
Reito Mizuhara/"Number Two"
Voiced by: Yoshitaka Yamaya (Drama CD), Taichi Ichikawa (Anime)
- Above the Influence: Reito was raised as a proper gentleman, and is clearly not adapting to his role as a Breeding Slave very well.
- Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder: While he is otherwise very loyal to his girlfriend, he finds himself very strongly attracted to Suou who bears a very strong physical resemblance to Erisa. The only thing really keeping him from taking her up on her repeated offers to mate with him is that he's uncertain about Erisa's fate.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: As early as page 3. He confesses to his Childhood Friend that he's carried a torch for her ever since they were both children, but what actually convinced him to confess was finding out he had a disease.
- Attempted Rape: REPEATEDLY on the receiving end. He's quite reluctant to perform his "duty" of "repopulating the world by mating with as many girls as possible", but most of his handlers try to force themselves on him anyway.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: One mouthful of whiskey causes him to pass out. Then again, he was trapped in a bathtub, after an extended bath and pinned to the wall by a woman with Super Strength, as well as being force-fed said whiskey, mouth to mouth, from someone with a very high alcohol tolerance. There's also the fact that this all occurred as a prelude to Attempted Rape.
- Childhood Friend Romance: The primary reason he and Erisa always attended the same schools without fail is that they've been attracted to each other on some romantic level since they were both small children.
- Entertainingly Wrong: He gets his bodyguard and nurse confused with each other. In his defense, there was no formal introduction, and while his nurse has Super Strength, his body guard has the appearance and mentality of a pre-teen child, at least until she goes into "work" mode.
- Fan Disservice: Chapter 20 opens with him having an Erotic Dream that includes Akane and Suou, completely naked. Unfortunately, this dream is actually a PTSD nightmare that fuses a couple of near-rape experiences together. His look of sheer terror and screaming for them to stop takes a special kind of person to enjoy seeing.
- Find the Cure!: He seeks to find the cure for the MK-virus, not only for the sake of the men who escaped said virus in cryo-stasis, but to ensure the long-term survival of the human race.
- Foil: To make Reito stand out more, he has many.
- The first is Hino, who despite being a fellow male survivor, is completely polar opposite to Reito in every conceivable way.
- To the UW Minister of Technology, who shares his love of research (but nothing else). While Reito has ethics and strives to use his discoveries to help others, she, however, clearly does not.
- To Maria. While they both easily get driven to distraction over interesting research, Reito does manage to catch himself most of the time. In regards to her, she's completely oblivious to her surroundings, or even her wardrobe (or lack thereof).
- To Shota Doi, "number three," who is basically the same core character but developed in the exact opposite manner of circumstances. In fact, their biggest point of divergence is that while Reito has an inept handler who tries to model him to her preconceived protocols, and has to overcome a steep learning curve when that fails, Shota gets a scarily competent handler who clearly did her research, and tailored the protocols to fit Shota's personality, background, circumstances, and emotional needs to near perfection.
- To Zen, "number four". Like Reito, Zen had a sweetheart and a love life before being frozen, only to be forced into the hands of people who don't care one way or the other about his feelings. Unlike Reito however, Zen's "handlers" don't take "no" for an answer, and torture him and rape him for their own pleasure and needs.
- Geeky Turn-On: He gets very excited when introduced to scientific research. It's the primary reason he fell for Erisa, as she shares similar interests.
- He Knows Too Much: Invoked. He finds Erisa's assertion that the MK-virus was man-made, and gets attacked by a bear almost immediately afterwards. Later, Akane and Maria figured out that Reito found out something about the MK virus and sneaked into his bathroom to tell him that he might get killed soon for it.
- I Will Find You: To Erisa. He's determined to find her before even considering "mating."
- Killed to Uphold the Masquerade: Narrowly avoided, though Make It Look Like an Accident was strongly in play. As part of investigating Erisa's office to try and find her whereabouts, he comes under attack by a live bear that somehow found its way into the office building, despite no signs of forced entry, and during the fight, some figure whose face is off-screen runs away when his bodyguard steps up to the plate.
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: He hates it when women are overly sexually aggressive towards him. When Suou starts being more demure around him, he starts finding her more and more attractive, despite himself.
- Single-Target Sexuality: To everyone's chagrin, including his own, he only has eyes for his sweetheart, Erisa. The one thing the UW did right is to pair him up with an assistant that has a very strong physical resemblance to her, and as it turns out later, Suou was created for this specific purpose.
- Teen Genius: Right before going into Cryostasis, his attending physician makes pointedly clear that he was a prodigy in the medical field.
- Thanks for the Mammary: While Reito is in the bath, Akane turns off the light while barging in. In his confusion, reaching for the door, his hand winds up on her breasts. This gives Akane the wrong idea in several ways.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His hair is blue with black highlights.
Kyouji Hino/"Number One"
Voiced by: Tomohito Takatsuka (Drama CD), Takuya Eguchi (Anime)
- The Casanova: By his own admission, he takes to his Breeding Slave status when he wakes up from cryo-stasis with gusto because he gets to screw around without a care.
- Character Death: He is killed during the confrontation with Chloe's forces at the end of Part 1.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: He wears glasses, and before he Took a Level in Kindness, all that interested him is his own pleasure. In fact, his response to being informed that billions died while he was in cryo-sleep is "who cares."
- The Hedonist: The man lives exclusively for his own pleasure. He relishes his new role as a Breeding Slave, because he pretty much can get whatever he wants, whenever he wants, especially women. On several occasions, he's asked about being "introduced" to popular idols, just because he saw them once on television, and has been surprised and elated when they're delivered to him on a silver platter, for his perusal.
- Hidden Depths:
- Chapter 24.5 reveals that he's not quite the jerkass he appears to be, just clueless and inattentive to his surroundings, women, etc., so long as he remains entertained.
- He also genuinely thinks of Reito as a friend, despite their completely opposite life styles.
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You: All the women in the world he can have at his fingertips, and he's fixated on Mahiru, the one girl who doesn't care one way or the other about him.
- Ladykiller in Love: Downplayed. He really is serious about Yukari once he gets her pregnant, but that doesn't mean he becomes exclusive to her, nor is he expected to be.
- Lazy Bum: His life story, as he narrates himself in the bonus chapter, 24.5, is him indulging in his hobbies and fancies without a care in the world, only going in to his part-time job "when he felt like it." How he managed to remain employed with that attitude would be a mystery except that the very first chapter of the story highlights that employment was a hobby in and of itself.
- No Sense of Personal Space: His penchant for seeing women as nothing more than sex toys aside, on his latest appearance, he jokingly grabs Reito's crotch while mocking the latter's virginity.
- Papa Wolf: When he learns that the UW might be planning to kill his unborn son, he makes it very clear that he will not let that happen.
- Questionable Consent: Towards most of his conquests. By the time chapter 26 rolls around, he's so bored having girls delivered to him on a silver platter, that he gets his handler to have him and his security detail drive around and basically snatch women right off the street for his perusal. He is either unaware or uncaring that many of them accept purely because it means getting a better life
- Really Gets Around: Deconstructed. He's been shown with a lineup of women, a different taste for a different hour of the day, and since there's absolutely no emotional attachment, his staff of attendants constantly struggle with the fact that he's growing bored with the sheer ease of him getting what he wants when he wants.
- Skunk Stripe: Inverted. The mass of hair at the top-center of his head is considerably darker than the rest of his hair.
- Took a Level in Kindness: When he first meets Reito, he's quite a jerk. His most recent appearance has him perusing the ultrasound photos of his unborn children and admiring them with genuine fondness. Apparently, the prospect of becoming a father has got him to mellow. Further emphasized by his refusal to sell Reito to Chloe even though it puts himself in danger.
Shota Doi/"Number Three"
Voiced by: Yuki Yonai (Drama CD), Kazuki Ura (Anime)
- Awesome by Analysis: He saw through the "Truman Show" Plot in approximately two weeks, despite having only the most minimal information, being completely cut off from the outside world, and having little to no independent confirmation of his theories and suspicions.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: He falls for his piano teacher, hard, because she was nice to him, and at least tended to his wounds after he was bullied.
- Cosmic Plaything: How he felt about life. His entire school, minus his piano teacher, treated him with contempt, at best, then he learned he had a fatal incurable disease, his only hope being put in cryostasis for at least five years. He is so heartbroken, all he can do is cry his heart out going "Why me" upon hearing the news. He gets his answer when he wakes up, five years later, and everyone who was cruel to him has gotten a healthy dose of karma delivered unto them.
- Disease Bleach: His frail health turned his naturally dark hair pre-naturally grey. He received nothing but ridicule for it... until he woke up from cryostasis to a second chance at life.
- Drunk with Power: He begins acting like Hino after having so many girls throwing themselves at him.
- Embarrassing Nickname: His entire high school class called him "slow grandpa" to his face, due to the combination of his many pre-MS ailments and his disease-bleached hair.
- Entertainingly Wrong: When he hears the pain in the voices of Kanyu-sensei and Natsu-sama, he comes to the conclusion that they're being forced to be nice to him, and keep him happy by offering up their bodies. In truth, they're pained by the fact that they have to share, and are going to be separated from him, even though it's only for a short time. Considering how badly he was bullied and made to feel worthless, and for how long before his new lease on life, that level of self-deprecation is hardly surprising.
- Good People Have Good Sex: Maybe not in terms of technique, but at least in terms of affection. He puts all his focus on the girl he's sleeping with, doing everything in his power to make sure she's comfortable and content. This trope is further emphasized, but in the opposite way, when Shota's sex scenes become much less loving after he Took a Level in Jerkass.
- Covered with Scars: A good part of his torso is covered in the scars he got because of the horrific bullying he suffered before being put in cryostasis. The fact that he had a weak constitution to begin with did nothing to improve the situation, so he still carries the marks of his torture.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: When he finally meets Reito, he has combed his hair back and started wearing contacts, all to go with his newfound confidence.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: By the time he meets Reito, he's unrecognizable. He no longer needs glasses, has a completely new hairstyle, his clothes fit properly, and his posture's been corrected so he stands up straight instead of slouching in pain. In fact, if he didn't identify himself, fans would have presumed he was the #5 survivor.
- Hot for Teacher: His first and biggest crush is his gorgeous music teacher, as she's the only one of the faculty to do anything to address the bullying he received, even if it was only something so small as treating his wounds.
- Ill Boy: Even prior to being diagnosed with MS, he's had a poor constitution.
- Insecure Love Interest: By the time chapter 19 rolls around, he's come to believe the "Truman Show" Plot was designed to force women to be nice to him, while he was the guinea pig to try and find a cure for the MK-virus, and keep him unaware. Karen decides to give him The Reveal to show him that the girls' affection is genuine, by having them all strip in front of him of their own volition. He's too stunned and embarrassed to react when asked who his "first choice" is.
- Ironic Name: His name is Shota, and he's just barely of legal age before being groomed to be a Breeding Slave.
- Karmic Jackpot: Every last one of the horrific teen bullies, many of whom told him to his face that they wished he never came out of cryo-stasis alive, of both genders, are presumed dead, or worse, while he is now in a world surrounded by beautiful women who treasure him, personally, and honestly seek an emotional connection, in addition to a physical one.
- Lima Syndrome: In chapter 42, he begins finding Erica cute, at least in her sleep. Chapter 43 opens with the reveal that he was injured protecting her from a bomb blast with his own body.
- Love Confession: The first thing he does when his favorite piano teacher starts being intimate with him, is happily admit that he loves her. When she reciprocates, he's too happy for words.
- Megane: He wears glasses.
- Nice Guy: He's honest, sweet, sensitive, gentle, kind, highly observant, and very, very good with his hands. One more reason his harem wants to connect with him emotionally.
- In chapter 19, when confronting Karen about the "Truman Show" Plot he just saw through, he demands Kanyu and Natsu's liberation from the school in exchange for his full, no-conditions cooperation to the experiments against the MK virus (up to this point, he still believes that both are being forced to show interest in, and have sex with him just so the UW can keep him placated while they investigate his immunity to the virus).
- Over time, this becomes a downplayed trope after he Took a Level in Jerkass due to his grooming. He's still polite to his "classmates" but he becomes way more sexually aggressive with them whenever he feels like it, and is downright cruel to Erica.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: He rescues a kid being bullied, only for the bullies to turn their full wrath upon him. The rescued victim doesn't even give him a second look.
- Parental Abandonment: His father couldn't even be bothered to visit him when he got diagnosed with MS, despite the fact that the only viable treatment is at least five years in cryo-stasis. Never mind actually addressing the bullying Shota got. Shota doesn't miss him in the slightest when hearing about what the MK-virus did during those five years. His mother had to work after she and Shota's father divorced, and this is in a world where labor is considered a hobby due to the AI providing for everyone's personal needs.
- Perfectly Arranged Marriage: Invoked for all intents and purposes. His handler went to extraordinary lengths to make sure that the "Truman Show" Plot she set up was staffed entirely with women who wanted a deep emotional connection with Shota, for the sake of producing children via arranging a stable Exotic Extended Marriage.
- Prone to Tears: He spent a great deal of his introductory chapter crying. Considering the horrific bullying, his previous infirmity, and then being diagnosed with an incurable fatal disease, only for his entire class to, at best, ignore him, it's no wonder.
- Spot the Thread: To his eternal chagrin, he does eventually (and quite quickly) see through the "Truman Show" Plot due to one plausible but unlikely "coincidence" after another. In his defense, he did voice his suspicions in the correct and most viable way, to his handler directly, and in private. She responded by going The Reveal route, shocking him when his entire class of girls was ordered to strip before him, and they complied.
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome: What happens to a bullied young man who gets to live a Power Fantasy of unlimited sexual indulgence? He tries to be nice at first... then he gets bored and stops bothering to form any emotional connections with women, just seeing them as notches on his bedpost, and then he decides that just all the sex he could ever want isn't making him happy, and helps his manipulative handler scheme and plot her way to seizing power.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: When his MS started to manifest, and he complained of the associated pain, he, without prompting, specifically denied bullying injury was to blame.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: As the stress of his situation start getting to him, he becomes much more sexually aggressive and less caring towards the girls of his harem. He later joins Karen as she attempts to manipulate her way to the top of the government. In the last chapter of Part 1, he barely reacts to Hino's death, and dismisses Reito's depression over the fact as him being "emotionally weak".
- Trauma Button: Women who are too sexually aggressive and impatient set off PTSD flashbacks from his bullying past (specially guro girls' as one of them was a participant in the bullying). It's one of the few mistakes Karen made in the classmate selection: when it was Yanagi Rikka's turn, she pushed him a bit too hard and he freaked.
- "Truman Show" Plot: While he is given the general basics of the history of the MK-Virus, the fact that the high-school environment he finds himself in was set up explicitly for the sake of grooming him to be a Breeding Slave was completely hidden from him. This appears to have been the correct approach, as he and the completely willing women get to form strong emotional connections. They get the children and better life they want, and he gets the happy high-school life he dreamed of. At least for a while.
- The Unfavorite: When he is first diagnosed with MS, his entire class walks out on him when he's prompted to announce it. When he wakes up from cryo-stasis, his handler makes damn sure such an ordeal is permanently a relic of the past, as she carefully screens his harem to make sure they treasure him instead.
- What You Are in the Dark: Karen drugs Rena Kitamaya, and hands her off to Shota, presumably because Rena had failed to get pregnant by Hino. Seeing how he had just recently Took a Level in Jerkass, it really seemed like he was going to rape her, but at the last moment, he remembers Yuzuki Kanyu and backs away, horrified at what he almost did.
Zen Kinebuchi/"Number Four"
- Adult Fear: The guy woke up with no way to know what happened to his wife and child.
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: To his unborn child. Yes, being terminally ill and going into a coma is a very good reason.
- Double Standard: Rape, Sci-Fi: Combined with Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male. After being force-fed unnamed drugs while tied to a post for at least a week, then whipped until he's bloody, and having his head held underwater to the point that his "masters" fear they've drowned him to death, he has a psychotic break and goes into a fugue where he "fucks every woman in sight", waking up the next morning with no idea what happened and a massive migraine.
- Dramatic Irony: He goes to his girlfriend to tell her he's got MS, and she comes to him to tell him she's pregnant... He insists she break the news first...
- Fate Worse than Death:... Think Reito's got it bad? Think again. At least he is not being subjected to all forms of torture and drugs with the specific purpose of breaking his mind.
- Happily Married: For a full day, before he had to go into the stasis tank to treat his MS.
- Hope Spot: Calling his wedding day the happiest day of his life is no exaggeration. He gets married to his sweetheart, who loves him more than life, gets a very wealthy and influential hospital director as a father-in-law, and his wife's already got a baby on the way. All he needed to do is enter that stasis tank and get well... until he's forcefully woken five years later, enslaved, sexually assaulted, told he's one of only five men still alive, and then taken to a clearing to be gang-raped until he gets a village full of women pregnant or dies, and the cult doesn't care which comes first...
- Made a Slave: Literally, and for full horror effect.
- Sex Slave: His fate. Unlike the UW, the women who kidnapped him make no attempt to even pretend they care for him for any reason besides being one of the last men on Earth.
- Shotgun Wedding: He was initially opposed to marrying his girlfriend, until he found out she was pregnant.
- Slave Brand: He's branded with a hot iron across his forehead before he even finishes waking up from the stasis tank.
- Slave Collar: He's forced to wear a collar with a leash at all times, even in his cell.
- Something Else Also Rises: When he's in "Izanami" mode, all the hair on his head is sticking straight up, ala "Super Sayan" style.
Voiced by: Aimi Tanaka (Drama CD), Yukina Shuto (Anime)
Reito's younger sister and the only one of his relatives to survive the outbreak of the MK-virus while he was in cryostasis.
- Alliterative Name: Mahiru Mizuhara
- Big Brother Attraction: Hinted at some points. In her first scene her eldest brother asks if she isn't relieved when it seems Reito wouldn't get together with Erisa after all. There is also the bonus chapter 5.5: When Akane posited the question of what kind of erotic poses Reito likes most, she went first.
- Big Brother Worship: She lived for her big brother, Reito.
- Cheerful Child: She was a very happy and well adjusted girl.
- Girlish Pigtails: The one defining feature that stayed with her over the five year time skip.
- The Millstone: In the earliest chapters, she would put a grinding halt to what little success Suou had in attracting Reito.
- Put on a Bus: When Reito's existence goes public, she stops turning up at his place, or hanging out with him. Suou states that this is because if people found out Mahiru is a close relative, things could go very, very badly for Mahiru. Reito has no choice but reluctantly agree.
- Stripperiffic: That's her standard outfit throughout the series.
- Unprovoked Pervert Payback: When she shows up in Reito's dwelling, having been invited by Suou, but without any proper coaching, she catches Reito being shown "mating candidates," unsolicited, and beats him up for it, berating him as a "pervert."
- Vague Age: She looks like a tween (somewhere between 10 to 13 years old) both before and after the cryostasis induced time-skip. This means that either she was already past puberty at the very beginning of the story but with a seriously under-developed body, or something during the time-skip interfered with her natural aging and kept her in a prepubescent form. It's revealed in a late chapter however that she's 16.
- Wise Beyond Her Years: She spent the chaos of the MK-Virus rampage organizing a charity to slow the societal degredation and collapse, and even in the present, runs it in the refugee district, loved by all.
Voiced by: Kyousuke Kitayama (Drama CD)
Reito's elder brother.
- Cool Big Bro: His siblings certainly thought so.
- Convenient Coma: Much like his brother, he was put into stasis so he wouldn't be killed by the MK virus.
- Happily Married: He was quite happily married before the MK-virus outbreak.
- Shipper on Deck: He was very supportive of Erisa+Reito.
- A-Cup Angst: Played with. She's moderately well-endowed herself, but upon meeting Mira the first thing she does is ask to touch her body, and quickly note that her boobs are MUCH bigger than hers - indicating that she acknowledhes Mira has the better figure by far. She doesn't act bitter about it and even becomes enamored with the girl herself, to some extent.
- Dramatic Irony: She's the woman Reito held out for, but a preexisting condition renders her barren, and thanks to the breakdown of the AI because of the MK-virus, she can't get it addressed.
- Forced into Evil: Because the UW tried to kill or otherwise "silence" her concerning the MK virus, she winds up with an even worse group of people: terrorists who want to turn one of the remaining males into a Sex Slave.
- I Will Wait for You: Said word for word as Reito was being put under.
- Passing the Torch: She hides her findings where only Reito will find it, based on an event from their childhoods.
- The Revolution Will Not Be Civilized: As despicable as the UW's actions are, the cult she finds herself with is arguably worse. While the UW at least gives lip service to the idea of informed consent, no matter how questionable, the cult she's with doesn't bother to hide their desire to treat any of the five surviving men they capture as brood slaves, even going so far as to brand them across the forehead with a hot iron, along with everything else involved in legitimate slavery. She does join another, more moderate branch after a while.
- Samaritan Relationship Starter: Her romance with Reito pretty much begins when he promises to become a doctor along side her to help find a cure for her sick pet dog. It took an act of God, his MS, to separate them.
- Secretly Dying: The same condition that renders her barren is also slowly killing her. Injections of an unknown medicine is the only reason she's alive in the present.
- She Knows Too Much: She had to flee for her life and her office was ransacked because she realized that the MK-virus was man-made. Even in the present, she remains in hiding.
- Their First Time: She and Reito indeed have sex, trading virginities, before Reito gets shuffled off to the lab, to try and Find the Cure!.
- Tragic Keepsake: Reito gives her his necklace for safe-keeping as he's going into the cryostasis chamber. She's shown wearing it after he's revealed alive and well to the public.
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters: She's now part of a terrorist group of women who oppose the abuses of the UW.
Voiced by: Shizuka Itō (Drama CD), Haruka Shiraishi (Anime)
- Artificial Human: The reason she resembles Erisa so much is because she is Erisa's clone.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: She grows genuinely very fond of Reito because he sees her as a person, and treats her like one, as opposed to the sex-toy she markets herself as. In a later chapter, she comes to his defense, unprompted, when an acquaintance of hers launches an Abomination Accusation Attack within her earshot.
- Big Eater: The first time she's shown eating with Reito, she ate one full meal, orders seconds, and asks for a meal she originally ordered beforehand. And she asks for Reito's desert while he's distracted watching his sister storm off. Both Reito and Mahiru wonder how she's so slim. This is one of the "flaws" of the cloning process: she needs more calories than the average human.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: The more fond she becomes of Reito, the more modest and demure she acts. Paradoxically, this makes her more and more attractive to him.
- Clone Degeneration: Her body is unstable and needs a medical check-up at least once a week so she won't break down and die. Said medical check-up is done inside tanks only found in the headquarters of the Japanese UW branch, effectively meaning she is stuck there for life.
- Did Not Think This Through: Her approach to try grooming Reito into his new role as a Breeding Slave has to be among the worst ways. Granted, it's not entirely her fault as she didn't get to choose her aid staff nor the protocols by which she operated, but her inviting Mahiru to their dwelling without any coaching, and having the latter show up completely un-coached wasn't likely to end well even if Reito wasn't being shown potential "mating candidates" at the time.
- Do You Want to Copulate?: So frequently, it's almost constant. Her clinical detachment serves to make Reito find the idea creepy. As she begins to warm up to him, and become less insistent, his resistance to the idea crumbles, and physical attraction to her begins to grow.
- Emotionless Girl: How she introduces herself. After some Character Development, she moves into Sugar-and-Ice Personality territory.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Her eyes are pale blue, and represent her calm and even detached nature.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: As if she was ripped out of Evangelion. She's Erisa's clone, accelerated aging in a tank, programmed to be the main character's love interest for less than wholesome motives, and has a body that's falling apart precisely because of being a clone and the way she was aged up to maturity.
- Replacement Goldfish: What she ultimately wishes to become. The greatest attraction she has to Reito is that he's Above the Influence, and refuses relations with her only because he's pining away for someone else. She's desperate to give him closure one way or another so that he'll look at her, and maybe say "yes" to her advances at some point. She was in fact created to be this. She is a clone of Erisa rapidly aged to maturity.
- Three-Way Sex: Erisa, being unable to have children and recognizing that Mira has been robbed of the chance to be the focus of Reito's love due to waiting for her, proposes that Reito have sex with both of them. Mira gets to confess how much she loves him and lose her virginity, while Erisa takes the chance to be more bold to reassure Mira.
- Twincest: Played with. Because Mira is a clone of Erisa, they're genetically more like twin sisters than the same person. Despite this, they both have sex with each other and Reito at the same time, and even before this Erisa admires Mira's body and much bigger boobs.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: To her chagrin, the only frame of reference she has for what pleases a man is Hino, "the number one," who is a complete hedonist that only treats women as sex toys. This is the primary reason her actions and protocols were so ineffective at dealing with Reito, someone who is Above the Influence and treats women like people.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is naturally solid purple.
Voiced by: Yuu Asakawa (Drama CD), Yo Taichi (Anime)
- The Alcoholic: She always has a whiskey flask in hand. If she's not drinking out of it, she's already unconscious.
- Attempted Rape: On her introduction, she barges in on Reito while he's in the bath, physically destroys the door handle, to prevent escape, pins him to the wall, and force-feeds him whiskey mouth to mouth. The only thing that stops her is Reito fainting in sheer terror and alcohol intoxication.
- Boobs of Steel: She's very well endowed as well as having Super Strength.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: She can shatter a door-knob by crushing it, and easily lift Reito, who is a full-grown man, all one-handed.
- Hidden Depths: There's far, far more to Akane than meets the eye, and what meets the eye is plenty (no pun intended). She's actually a very, very skilled nurse and can tell just from life-support readings and clinical charts, without extensive blood-work, that someone's been poisoned.
- Hospital Hottie: She is Reito's ridiculously attractive nurse.
- Hypocritical Heartwarming: On her introduction, she saw nothing wrong with attempting to rape Reito. When the lead scientist of the UW ties Reito to a chair, and prepares to inject Reito with massive doses of what she claims are aphrodisiacs, so he's completely unable to resist being sexually ravaged by women who are already doped up to the point that they can't reason, Akane is livid, and on Reito's behalf.
- I Gave My Word: She promises to keep her hands to herself when she shoves her way into Reito's bed, and true to her word, she does.
- I Have Your Wife: On the receiving end. Turns out her little brother is a victim of the MK-virus and is in the custody of the UW Japanese directors. This puts her attempts to seduce Reito in a much darker and more ambiguous light.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her Impossible Hourglass Figure, large bust and penchant for nudity make her on.
- Naked First Impression: She's introduced barging in on Reito in the bath, wearing not a stitch of clothing.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: Said word to word to her by Reito when she shoves her way into his far too small bed, wearing only panties and a sports bra.
- Questionable Consent: Her little brother is in UW custody as a victim of the MK-virus, and the UW has tasked her with mating with Reito.
- Red Herring: Her insane levels of Super Strength lead everyone to believe she's Reito's bodyguard, not his nurse.
- Relative Button: Do not speak ill of her younger brother.
- The Reveal: Her mother is actually the Secretary of State and the head of UW Japanese branch.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She knows she's got the goods, and isn't afraid to show them off, at the slightest excuse.
- Spotting the Thread: When she learns that Granny Tamaguchi is in a coma, she immediately realizes something suspicious is going on.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's the same height as Reito, and if it wasn't clear already, a total stunner.
Voiced by: Tomoe Tamiyasu (Drama CD), Aya Yamane (Anime)
- Ambiguously Human: When she's in "work" mode, she speaks in Creepy Monotone, and performs feats of strength and agility far beyond what ordinary humans can.
- Bedmate Reveal: She's introduced when Reito wakes up and realizes she's snuck into his bed.
- Braids of Action: Has her hair in a braid that reaches her thighs and in "work" mode she's very action-oriented.
- Cheerful Child: Outside of her bodyguard tasks, she's a very happy and healthy child.
- Cute Bruiser: Despite looking like a child, she's strong and skilled enough to fell a full-grown bear with a single strike to the head.
- Navel Window: Her outfit comes with a small opening for her navel.
- Rapunzel Hair: Even braided her hair reaches her thighs.
- Split-Personality Takeover: In her "work" mode, she's an entirely different person, although both personalities are well aware of each other.
- Why Did It Have To Be: She's scared of ghosts, and can't stand being in abandoned buildings.
- Token Mini-Moe: She looks like a pre-teen and also gets her share of Fanservice.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The color illustrations reveal that her hair is neon-green.
Voiced by: Keiko Watanabe (Anime)
- Abomination Accusation Attack: When they first meet, she openly declares, in public, that Reito is a deviant who sexually assaults women while having absolutely no proof whatsoever, causing the women with whom he was happily chatting to flee in fear and disgust. To his horror, he later learns that she's been assigned to be his assistant in trying to cure the MK-virus.
- Big Damn Heroes: Saves her sister from another girl attempting to rape her by tazing the assailant - without hurting her sister, to boot.
- Brutal Honesty: While she's not above lying, she doesn't care enough about Reito to sugarcoat anything when talking to him either. She points out that the reason Suou's been reassigned is because it's her job to make Reito mate, and Reito's not mating.
- Bullying a Dragon: She deliberately pushes Akane's Relative Button despite being within easy reach of the latter, and knowing full well just how strong the latter is. She's lucky Akane just went with a Big "SHUT UP!".
- Does Not Like Men: She thinks very poorly of men in general, and Reito, in particular, quick to find them "guilty" of any and every horrific sexual deviancy that crosses her mind, little to no evidence required.
- Doublethink: She is constantly accusing Reito of being a sexual deviant, but she also criticizes him for not mating with women, because that was the reason for Mira's demotion. She doesn't seem to realize this little fact tears apart her accusations of Reito only viewing women as sex objects.
- Hidden Depths: Psycho Lesbian who Does Not Like Men? Yes. Saves Reito on multiple occasions out of loyalty to the woman she loves? Also yes.
- Hopeless Suitor: She fancies Mira. However, Mira's romantic interest in Reito, if not her possibly not being all that interested in other women, ensures that Rea has no chance.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Ironically, despite hating Reito, she still sends her sister to kill a hit-woman that was going after Reito, since his death would make Mira sad.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's a misandrist, but she's got some Hidden Depths. She saves Reito twice, and it turns out that she was also very kind and helpful to the refugee district that she'd been administering before being assigned to him.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Her careless accusation against Reito serves to make it very easy for him to fall into a trap. Namely, being caught alone by Chloe in Chapter 23.
- Psycho Lesbian: She's all the negative stereotypes of lesbianism thrown into a blender, set on frappe, and mixed for about 15 seconds.
- Sister-Sister Incest: Her younger sister greets her by kissing her on the mouth. Make that as you will.
- Unscrupulous Hero: She's a major-grade asshole who works for the UW, but she is on Reito's side...reluctantly. And while she's rather ruthless, she's using that ruthlessness to eliminate assassins and kidnappers sent after him.
- Tsundere: Subverted. She acts like this toward Reito, including insulting him regularly while helping him out. But it isn't an act - she doesn't like Reito, and he's not even her preferred gender. And when she says "I'm not doing this for you," which is a classic tsundere line, she means it. She's doing it for Mira.
Voiced by: Yurie Kozakai (Anime)
- Accidental Pervert: When she bumps into Reito, she knocks him over and winds up on top of him in a very compromising position. She runs away in a panic as a result.
- Butt-Monkey: If it's possible for her to be in an embarrassing accident regarding Reito, it will happen. He can't even wash her back without the tap water being at an uncomfortable level. (Note that she and all of Reito's assistants barged in on him and demanded it, bar Rea, who, while present adamantly refused.)
- The Cracker: She uses ancient computing equipment to help Reito with his research because it can evade UW surveillance.
- Does Not Like Men: She doesn't hate men. She's just scared because she doesn't know how to relate to them, and her best friend is Rea.
- A Friend in Need: How she sees the UW's "directors." They showed up and pulled her younger sister out of the slums, gave her an aptitude test and put her on the fast-track to high-school, even having the girl skip a grade.
- Hot Scientist: As expected of the world setting, she's very physically attractive.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Her normal attire consists of her lab-coat, a shirt, glasses, and nothing below her waist but panties. When she gets excited about scientific research, she could be stark naked in front of a guy without a care in the world.
- Mad Scientist: Give her something related to scientific research that she finds interesting, and her name might as well be Frankenstein.
- Meganekko: She's a cutie and wears glasses.
- One Degree of Separation: While that was implied early on, Chapter 49 comfirms that her younger sister is Chifiyu Ren Kuroda, one of the girls of Shota's harem.
- Shrinking Violet: When she's not engrossed with scientific research, she's painfully shy. The fact that every time she gets close to Reito results in an embarrassing accident doesn't help.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": She's downright giddy when she sees all the advanced facilities at the Rosania Duchy.
- Unkempt Beauty: She's definitely got a body that fits the ideal of beauty, but her hair clearly has a will of its own, with cowlicks all over the place.
Voiced by: Sarah Emi Bridcutt (Drama CD), Shizuka Ishigami (Anime)
- Animal Eyes: Her pupils are slitted like a cat, although there's no particular reason for it.
- Brainy Brunette: Brown hair and she knows what she's doing.
- Covert Pervert: While she keeps a more professional facade when working, she actually masturbated while watching Hino have sex with Rena, implying she would like to do it with him.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Brown hair and brown eyes. In the anime she has red hair and red eyes.
- Jerkass: Among other things, she calls Reito "spineless" behind his back because he won't screw on demand, and thinks nothing of employing coercion to get women for Hino.
Voiced by: Asuka Nishi (Drama CD), Satomi Amano (Anime)
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma!: Became the victum of this trope via a spiked drink planted by Karen during a dinner session between the two ladies and Doi, with Karen having all the intentions of her unknowingly becomming Doi's next bedmate. Thankfully, Doi remembers his better side before doing anything to her, and doesn't go through with it
- Famed in Story: She's a popular actress in the world setting.
- Questionable Consent: Despite "thanking" Hino for "choosing" her and saying she was "ready," her body-language strongly indicates that she was not happy being brought before him like a well-cooked steak for his consumption. He's so fixated on his own pleasure that he just pushes her unto his bed and pries her legs apart, despite her obvious discomfort, while repeatedly shouting how "this world is the best!"
- Subverted as of chapter 60, with her not only admitting she genuienly loves Hino, but misses him as well. Its to the point she gets nervous around guys that aren't him.
- Famed in Story: Even Shota's bullies know who she is, and like her music.
- Idol Singer: Her profession.
- Irony: Her music is about loneliness and hardship, and it gets played as Shota's being bullied and ordered by Takamatsu to masturbate, publicly, to a hologram of her.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Parodied. Since her very first post-MK-virus appearance, she's been trying to monopolize Hino's time. It's actually an act, and she's part of a conspiracy to keep him entertained by thinking girls are actively fighting over him.
- Mentor Archetype: She's the one who trained Hino to be a chef and waiter.
- Romantic Spoon Feeding: This is one of the activities she does to Hino in chapter 25.
- Sempai/Kohai: She's the sempai to Hino's Kohai.
- Supreme Chef: She's exceptionally skilled in the kitchen.
- And I Must Scream: The stasis tank is unable to return him to dormancy, once he's exposed to the MK virus. Karen states that he's semi-conscious as the virus ravages him, quickly resulting in his death. So he's aware of what's happening to him, and completely unable to do or say anything.
- Asshole Victim: What happens to him in chapter 64.2 would be horrific, if he wasn't such an entitled asshole.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: The way he bullies his victims is truly indistinguishable from torture. In fact, his favorite "finishing move" is snuffing out a lit cigarette on exposed skin.
- Condescending Compassion: His response to hearing about Shota's MS diagnosis is to "offer condolences" on the the belief that Shota would "die a virgin." To prove how insincere he is, he then goes and spits in Shota's direction immediately after saying it.
- Evil Redhead: His hair is red in color, and he's truly depraved.
- For the Evulz: He doesn't even have a reason to go around beating people up, he just enjoys doing it.
- Gonk: Look at all the other high-schoolers, look at Shota, then look at him. It's likely that the only reason Erica had anything to do with him is because he's "hired muscle." The reverse is true. He was Erica's "sugar daddy," hence why her life fell apart in those five years.
- Karmic Death: The last thing he will ever see? Erica cheating on him with Shota, the "slow grandpa" he loved to kick around.
- Kick the Dog: Often literally. He punches and kicks people for little to no reason.
- Laser-Guided Karma: He would always taunt Shota as "disgusting" and wishing the boy was dead. Shota quietly returned the favor. Shota's wish is the one that gets answered, thanks to the MK-virus. The way the virus is described as operating, it wasn't an easy death either.
- Shameful Strip: His favorite way to bully his victims, especially if they're male, is to have his gang drag them to the school bathroom, force them to disrobe (or have his gang pull their pants down) and then order them to publicly masturbate to a hologram of a popular music idol, and this is with Erica watching. If they couldn't or wouldn't comply, he and his thugs would brutally beat the target mercilessly, promising to "visit again" the next day.
- Uncertain Doom: Even Erica, his girlfriend, doesn't know if he survived the MK-virus in a stasis tank.
- Chapter 64.1 shows him in a stasis tank with Erica asking Shota if he wants her to "prove her resolve" that she loves him. Chapter 64.2 has him "accidentally" wake up, and the virus quickly sets in, stasis tank no longer effective.
- You Are Already Dead: Putting him back into stasis doesn't help once the MK virus sets in, and he is doomed to die, completely unaware, with the last thing he will ever see is proof that his "girlfriend" was only with him for money.
- Alpha Bitch: She pretty much ran the class with unparalleled cruelty.
- Beauty Is Bad: She was physically attractive, but her personality was twisted and cruel.
- Drugs Are Bad: Five years after the outbreak and she has fallen into drug abuse, which makes it easy for Karen to force her to comply.
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking: She smokes and she's part of a gang of delinquents that bullies people for fun, and then calls them "disgusting" for it.
- Insane Troll Logic: She decides to have sex with her Jerk Jock boyfriend in a public, high-traffic pathway, moaning loudly, and when a distraught Shota comes out of class, chancing upon them in the middle of the act, she angrily chastises him as a "pervert who wanted to peep" after her boy-toy beats him up.
- Kick the Dog: Combined with Kick Them While They're Down: She kicks Shota "for being a perv" after her boyfriend hits him in the stomach so hard he coughed up blood.
- Laser-Guided Karma: She's brought to Doi and he humiliates her by making her kiss one of the cigarette burns her boyfriend left of his leg. He also downright tells her she won't have sex with her.
- Rich Bitch: Her family had plenty of wealth, and she didn't hesitate to flaunt it as a justification for being cruel. Except it wasn't her family's wealth, but Takamatsu's. She hung out with him because he paid her.
- The Smurfette Principle: She's the only female in Takamatsu's gang of roving thugs.
- Stockholm Syndrome: Chapter 60 ends with The Reveal that Erica is genuinely grateful that Shota saved her life, getting injured in the process, and has fallen for him, after her little stint as his "pet."
Shota Doi's younger sister and the only relative who even thought of contacting him before he went into cryo-stasis.
- Big Brother Worship: She loved her older brother, Shota, and always treated him kindly.
- Ill Girl: She's every bit as sickly as Shota, if not more so. In fact, she's not shown going to school at all, just being bedridden and Shota wishing a cure is found for her.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Her fate is not revealed when Shota wakes up from his cryo-stasis. Even in-universe, her fate is not known due to the MK-virus completely disrupting international relations and communications. Note this is what Karen claims, and she is not the most trustable source.
Voiced by: Chinatsu Akasaki (Drama CD), Ayana Taketatsu (Anime)
Shota Doi's handler. She's the one who sets him up in the "Truman Show" Plot and did her absolute best to give him the happy highschool life he always dreamed of so he'd be content in his role as a Breeding Slave, completely unaware.
- Alliterative Name: Kamiya Karen
- Ambiguously Evil: While she's nothing but helpful to Shouta, she's also ruthless in getting him the women he wanted, and she's revealed that she's using him as a springboard to further power. How exactly she plans on doing that is a mystery for most of Part 1. Turns out she was using this trope to get into a position where she could throw a banana peel under Chloe and the UW. As she says, "to deceive your enemies, first deceive your friends." This more or less settles her into the "Good" territory, albeit with a strong Unscrupulous Hero vibe.
- Behind Every Great Man: In Chapter 85, she reveals that she's planning to use Shouta's popularity to rule Japan, and possibly the world, by his side. He's cool with it.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: The UW thinks that both she and her methods are completely bizarre, to put it mildly, but they can't help applaud her competence and skill in getting Shota acclimated to his role as a Breeding Slave.
- Cat Smile: Her default expression.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Yellow hair and eyes.
- The Fake Cutie: She only pretends to be cute and adorable to get people to lower their guard.
- Genki Girl: She's hyperactive and often clownish. This seems to be a real part of her personality, but it's hard to tell.
- Guile Hero: She's the most cunning of the handlers. She arranged the "Truman Show" Plot to ensure that Shota could have something resembling a normal, happy life while working as a Breeding Slave. While the deception doesn't work, Shota has no hard feelings and the end result was a complete success.
- Harem Nanny: She organized the "Truman Show" Plot to which Shota is subjected, not just to get him to mate, but ensure that everyone involved would be happy with the arrangement, including herself. If the UW's reaction to Shota's arc is any indication, it looks like she succeeded well beyond expectations.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: While her ultimate goal is uncertain, she keeps switching back and forth between helping Reito and hampering him. As of chapter 84, she's ratted out the UW world branch by catching Chloe brag about her nastiness on live TV while helping Reito and bringing in a legion Izanami armed troops.
- Les Collaborateurs: Immediately transfers her allegiance to Chloe after the Japanese UW is toppled, giving Shouta conditional permission to continue mating so long as he doesn't make any boys. Then she backstabs Chloe at first opportunity. Her goal is to become the new ruler of Japan.
- Manipulative Bitch: She plays people like fiddles in her quest for more power.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Her personal living quarters have a great many stuffed animals, that are horrifically deformed.
- Secret Test of Character: Maybe. She seemed quite pleased that Shota didn't give in to temptation to mess with an unconscious Kitamaya Rena, a girl she made unconscious herself.
- Shipper with an Agenda: Bordering on Stalker with a Test Tube. She specifically wants Shota and the high-school girls she's gathered to form deep, intimate, emotional connections with each other as a stable Exotic Extended Marriage, or close enough that the difference doesn't matter. She admits this is purely for the sake of producing as many children as possible to have a large sample size in hopes of finding a treatment, if not cure, for the deadly MK-virus.
- So Proud of You: When Shota eventually sees through her "Truman Show" Plot, she turns around and praises him for his intelligence and observational skills. Then she goes and "rewards" him by taking him back to his class and having all his "classmates" disrobe right in front of him.
- Tampering with Food and Drink: She drugs Kitamaya Rena's meal to hand her off to Shota for a bit of Date Rape. Luckily, Shota ultimately decides to not go through with it.
- Vague Age: When Shota asks her age, she responds that "it's a secret."
- Xanatos Speed Chess: When the situation changes, she's good at altering her previous plans to fit it on the fly. She levels with Shouta when he figures out the "Truman Show" Plot and gets his willing cooperation, and immediately switches allegiance to Chloe when the latter arrests the Japanese branch of the United World, becoming acting governor of Japan in the process.
- Yellow Eyes of Sneakiness: To highlight her shifty nature, she has golden yellow eyes.
Voiced by: Hitomi Nabatame (Drama CD), Marika Hayase (Anime)
Shota's homeroom and piano teacher, not to mention his first crush, who ultimately winds up taking his virginity.
- Christmas Cake: She's 27 on her character sheet, meaning that if if wasn't for Shota, and the circumstances of the MK-virus, she would have been mostly undateable by Japanese standards.
- Headbutt Thermometer: The first inkling Shota truly has that there's more wrong to him than his frail body and bullying is when she diagnoses his fever this way, and insist he go to the hospital after letting him leave school early.
- Hot Teacher: In a fourth-wall breaking segment on Kanyu's character sheet, Karen freely mentions Kanyu's got quite the sexy body.
- Improbable Age: She's the teacher of a high school class at 27, presumably after the five-year time skip. This means she originally taught high-school seniors at 22.
- Love Hurts: She's ultimately shown to be very fond of Shota, and relished the way he put her on a pedestal when the two of them started getting "intimate," but when it comes her turn to hand him over to the next haremette, knowing monogamy is not an option, she's clearly heartbroken.
- Meganekko: She wears glasses.
- Morality Chain: Though she wasn't aware of it, her kindness is the only thing that kept Shota from simply snapping and bringing an automatic weapon to school, in order to retaliate against all the cruel students who treated him with contempt or bullied his life into a living hell.
- Spanner in the Works: She's the one who ends up spoiling the "Truman Show" Plot by indicating to Shouta that something's up.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Her character sheet notes that she hates pigeons.
Voiced by: Haruka Michii (Anime)
- A-Cup Angst: On her character sheet, it lists that she's concerned about her breast size.
- Birds of a Feather: She is every bit the Otaku that Shota is, and they immediately bond over anime and the popular idol group "Q."
- Commonality Connection: Dear lord, she's got full body lasting trauma similar to Shota, and unlike Shota, she doesn't have "was stuck in cryo-stasis for years" as an excuse as to why it hasn't healed, and she presumably got it from bullies in middle school.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Her character sheet lists that she had a lot happen to her in junior high. "A lot happen" in this case means getting wounds all over her body with all the trauma that implies.
- Hypocritical Humor: In chapter 24.6, she starts groping the other girls in Shota's harem, immediately after they all came out of their communal bath, making comments about their breasts, and prepares to take photos of them in their underwear, explicitly for Shota's perusal (with varying degrees of consent and participation), but when Shota is literally shoved into their dressing room, by Karen explicitly against his will, while they're still basically nude except for their panties, she goes "Doi-chin, peeking isn't allowed, you know~~."
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted. She's got red eyes, but to date only seems to have a sweet and bubbly personality, especially when around Shota.
- Three-Way Sex: A fourthsome actually. Alongside Natsu and Akira she has one with Shota.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Her character sheet notes that she's repulsed by cockroaches.
- Wound That Will Not Heal: She reveals in chapter 27 that she's got full-body bruising and lasting trauma... from being bullied, and unlike Shota, she wasn't stuck in cryo-stasis for years prior to her appearance in the story.
Voiced by: Arisa Aihara (Anime)
- Clingy Jealous Girl: As listed on her character sheet, she likes to monopolize her favorite things, and this includes Shota.
- Covert Pervert: She's one of the most eager to mate with Shota after they have sex. She also comes up with more plans to compete with Koyuki.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She's blonde and an exceptionally sweet and sensitive girl, to Shota's delight.
- Love Hurts: When it was her turn to "let go" she was every bit as heartbroken as Kanyu.
- The Ojou: She was raised as the heiress of a wealthy and influential family, which has apparently collapsed as a result of the MK-virus.
- Perpetual Smiler: Her character sheet notes that she's almost always smiling because she genuinely feels like smiling, and this is her best feature.
- The Rival: She starts seeing Koyuki as her rival for Shota's attention.
- Three-Way Sex: A fourthsome actually, with Akira, Shunka and Shota.
Voiced by: Marie Miyake (VR), Riho Iida (Anime)
- The Ace: As officially listed in her character sheet, there is not a single sport where she doesn't dominate.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She is very reserved in her emotions, and is almost completely unflappable.
- Buxom Is Better: She has the biggest breasts among Shota's "classmates", which even Karen points out on the character sheet (an official G cup). The only one bigger in his harem is Kanyu (an official H cup by 3 cm). This is something Shota notices immediately but does not comment or act on.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Her official character sheet notes that her Sugar-and-Ice Personality makes her very popular with the girls in Shota's "class".
- Icy Blue Eyes: To complement her Sugarand Ice Personality, her eyes are blue and hard as ice... until she starts feeling affectionate.
- Statuesque Stunner: She towers over just about everyone, and she's gorgeous. For bonus points, Shota is genuinely stunned and awestruck the moment he sees her for the first time.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Sweet on one side, cold and aloof on the other. Karen officially lists this as part of her charm in her bio.
- Sweet Tooth: Her character sheet notes that crepes are her favorite food. Crepes are known for being sweets world-wide, but especially so in Japan, where the story takes place.
- Three-Way Sex: A fourthsome actually. Alongside Natsu and Shunka she has one with Shota.
- Weaksauce Weakness: She's allergic to pollen, as listed on her character sheet.
Chifuyu Ren Kuroda
Voiced by: Natsumi Takamori (Anime)
- But Not Too Foreign: The character sheet notes she's half-Japanese.
- Foil: To Touda. Their personalities and characteristics are polar opposites in just about every way, and they make each other's respective charm that much more attractive as a result.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: She feels very insecure about herself so she projects an aura of being the best... It doesn't last very long.
- Morality Pet: To Shota. Even when he was at his most Drunk with Power, he never failed to treat her kindly, and never exploited her...not even when she claimed she wanted him to.
- One Degree of Separation: She's Maria Kuroda's younger sister.
- Older Than They Look: While her exact age isn't given with the hint being that she skipped a grade, her petite build and youthful features betray the certainty that she's a teenager.
- Petite Pride: She loves to boast about having small breasts, and taunting Todou about her large breasts.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Subverted. She boasts that she can beat Todou easily despite her small size, but one headbutt of a volleyball later and she's on the ground, unconscious.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: As is revealed in chapter 24.6, she's outright eager to show off the goods, and actively wants Shota to see her naked.
- Teen Genius: She's skipped a grade to be in Shota's "class" so she's clearly of above average intelligence. Furthermore, she gets straight A's in all her academic courses.
- Vague Age: Her official character sheet lists her age as "???", but she's only listed as skipping one grade so it has to be around 16.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is "Puce" colored, something she shares with her sister.
- All Women Are Lustful: She throws herself at Shouta far quicker than any other of his love-interests.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Comes with her Gyaru Girl image.
- Girls Are Really Scared of Horror Movies: She's surprisingly scared of ghosts and ghost stories, clinging to Shouta in fear during a courage challenge.
- Lingerie Scene: She shows some sexy lingerie when trying to seduce Shouta.
- Affectionate Nickname: She calls Shota 'Sho-nyan'.
- Boyish Short Hair: She keeps it in a very short ponytail, which serves as contrast for Akira's long hair.
- Contortionist: Quite flexible.
- Only One Name: Her full name hasn't been revealed yet.
- The Tease: She has no problem smooching Shota in public, nor tease him with her flexibility.
- Workout Fanservice: She shows Doi how flexible she is to tease him.
Common to all
- A Lighter Shade of Black: As odious as they are (sans Kihara), the Japanese UW branch turns out to be a lesser evil when compared to the main UW branch based in the US as the former at least wants the male sex to continue existing, albeit as breeding stock in a matriarchal world.
- Despotism Justifies the Means: They like being in charge, and Reito suspects that they will do basically anything to ensure it stays that way. This is something they don't deny.
- Omniscient Council of Vagueness: Aside from setting up the Breeding Slave program, their ultimate goal is unclear.
- Pointy-Haired Boss: Collectively, they don't have a clue what they're doing with the Breeding Slave program. They've really only succeeded in managing Hino; their protocols completely failed with Reito, and would have failed with Shota if his handler hadn't chucked the rulebook out the window.
- The Starscream: Their leaders were trying to subvert the central leadership in America, before Chloe came in to clean things up.
- Take Over the World: Their parent organization succeeded at the task, as the sheer chaos in the aftermath of the MK-virus cleared away all resistance in the creation of a world government.
- Token Good Teammate: As mentioned by Akane, her mother Kihara was the only one in the council who actually tried to find a solution for the MK-virus instead of basking in her newfound power and turn into a dictator.
- Villain Has a Point: Their assertion that Reito's attempts to cure the MK-virus are highly unlikely to uncover any definitive answers is certainly valid, since he was an intern before going into cryo-stasis, and the UW has already been working on it for years. This only holds true if the "experts" actually wanted to succeed, however. As revealed later, they really did not.
The Minister of Technology:
A truly depraved individual, she has absolutely zero fucks to give about anything aside from compelling the survivors of the MK-Virus to mate and advancing scientific research, both by any means necessary.
- Asshole Victim: After being shot by Chloe and her agents, she's left to die and no one is particularly concerned about this.
- Attempted Rape: Combined with Rape by Proxy. She renders Reito unconscious with blunt-force trauma to have him wake up bound to a chair, and a pair of scantily-clad women, doped up on who knows what, to the point that they're just rabid sex-crazed animals, and a needle placed against his arm, supposedly full of high-powered aphrodisiacs so he can't resist the doped up women's "advances."
- Bad Boss: She has her secretary naked, pinned to the wall, and uses her as a dart-board for no real reason. On her first appearance, she brutally beats up women she's already doped up to the point that they're nothing more than living sex dolls, just to make a point to a Reito that's bound to a chair, about to be drugged against his will and savagely raped.
- Evil Redhead: Color illustrations show she has reddish hair, and is the most amoral of the directors.
- For Science!: All she cares about is advancing scientific research. Morals, ethics and consent be damned.
- It's All About Me: She finds Reito's genuine attempts to create a vaccine and cure for the MK-virus, not for his own generation, but the ones after, a distraction and annoyance, on a good day, because it interferes with her agenda of making every man on the planet nothing more than a mindless brood stallion, until they die.
- Lack of Empathy: As mentioned in her description, she has absolutely zero fucks to give anyone else.
- Mad Scientist: She's completely bat-shit crazy, and she's in charge of the UW's R&D department.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: She's got at least one Phd, but she's completely without morals or scruples of any kind.
- No Name Given: She's only ever referred to by her title.
- Sadist: Her greatest joy is tormenting people, especially other women.
- Slasher Smile: Whenever she thinks things are going her way, or she gets excited about something, she shows these. Otherwise, she looks completely bored.
- The Sociopath: She ticks off the entire checklist. While still legally sane, she is seriously mentally ill.
- The Starscream: She won't hesitate to betray the rest of the UW if she believes she can get away with it, and they know it.
- Virtue Is Weakness: She insists on calling Reito "Mr. Impotence" specifically because he's more than just a rutting animal in heat, looking to hump anyone and anything "female" available.
The Three SagesThe mysterious heads of the UW and the ones who want to ensure the world stays the same.
- Axe-Crazy: They not only try to launch nukes at countries that might have even a single man in them, and then try to pawn the blame off on Izanami, but one of them is on-screen licking an RPG launcher lecherously
- Does Not Like Men: Karen mentions their hatred for the Y chromosome is legendary.
- Eviler Than Thou: They sent Chloe to take down the Japanese branch in part because the Japanese branch were trying to restore the male gender through their Breeding Slave program. Their favored method is using artificial insemination to create only female children.
- Government Conspiracy: These guys give the old men of SEELE a run for their money. They are actually the ones who unleashed the MK virus in the world, and have been planning to turn the human race into a females-only species while pretending to be trying to restore the old world.
- Greater-Scope Villain: They are the ones who call the shots for the entire UW, making them this by default.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: Mentioned by the characters but their appearances are unknown.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Their names haven't been revealed yet.
- Straw Feminist: They seem to embody the worst stereotypes of feminism, particularly of the radical variety.
- World's Smartest Woman: It is claimed their intellegence is only rivaled by their hatred of men.
First appearing during the hot springs visit as a 'foreign exchange student', she's eventually revealed to be much more important: specifically the representative of The UW's main branch. And a commando at that. Her most noticeable feature is a heart tattoo above her left breast.
- Ambiguously Evil: She is an enforcer of the corrupt UW and her reasons to like Reito are ambiguous to say the least, but there's the whole "creating an utopia" thing, so she fits the description for now. As of chapter 80, the ambiguity vanishes. She's the hatchet woman of the UW, and her goal is to nuke Rosania to cover up the UW's crimes and then exterminate the Numbers, paving the way to a true Lady Land.
- Badass in Charge: She's the new director of the UW Department of Peacekeeping Operations, and she's certainly skilled enough to lead her women.
- Big Damn Heroes: She and her agents shoot the Minister of technology and her cronies when they try to kill Reito, Akane and Maria.
- Black-and-White Insanity: It doesn't matter even if there's informed consent, the only man worth keeping alive must be completely monogamous. If he so much as kisses another woman after losing his virginity, it just means All Men Are Perverts and have to die!
- Chekhov's Gunman: While it was easy to guess she would return, being an agent of the UW wasn't high on the list.
- Collared by Fashion: Wears a choker.
- Engineered Public Confession: In chapter 84 Karen and Izanami broadcast on Live TV, worldwide, her bragging about the UW's plan to kill all the Numbers, eliminate the male gender "for utopia" and shooting Hino in the heart.
- Foreign Culture Fetish:
- She claims to love Japanese culture, hence why she acted as a foreign exchange student. It's another lie. She actually hates Japanese people.
- When a Chinese woman asks her why she's wearing a Qipao, she answers she also loves Chinese culture.
- Gorgeous Gaijin: She's a busty, blue-eyed blonde American.
- Naked First Impression: Similarly to Akane, Reito first meets her while at a sauna when she's wearing only a robe. So of course she shows him the rest.
- No True Scotsman: She justifies the UW's Lady Land agenda by stating that all wars, crime, and despicable human behavior will somehow magically disappear the instant the Y chromazone is eliminated from the planet, as she and her bunch are wielding high-powered weapons on other women, and Izanami shows up wielding weapons as well. She also turns a blind eye to how totally Axe-Crazy her bosses are when she sees them treat RPG launchers like phallic lobjects with plenty of Lecherous Licking.
- Phenotype Stereotype: Like a number of portrayals of US nationals in anime/manga, she's a blonde and blue-eyed Caucasian.
- Rapunzel Hair: Long enough to reach her butt.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She doesn't mind showing everything to Reito in order to tease him. She actually seems to prefer being naked and only bothers to wear clothes when dealing with other people.
- Stripperiffic: There's not much difference between naked and what she wears next time she's seen.
- The Tease: Unsurprisingly she loves to flaunt her assets to tempt Reito.
- You Have Failed Me: In a non-lethal but still humiliating fashion: She punishes Pope for letting Reito and his friends escape by whipping her naked while tied in a dungeon.
- Cool Shades: Introduced wearing a pair of these.
- Last-Name Basis: Her first name hasn't been revealed yet.
- Number Two: For Chloe.
- Shameful Strip: For failing to prevent Reito and his friends from escaping, she gets tied naked and whipped in a dungeon by Chloe for her screw up.
- Statuesque Stunner: Even without her Combat Stilettos, she's a very tall woman.
- Token Minority: She's the first african-american character to appear in the series.
- Crime of Self-Defense: Zen testifies that she would, off-screen, brutalize him as punishment for any escape attempt.
- Cult: She's the leader, if not the founder, of the Japanese branch and is ultimately responsible for their depravity.
- Mean Boss: What she used to be before the MK virus outbreak. She's on-screen shouting at subordinates, including Zen, for failing to meet harsh and strict deadlines and goals, but she's at least reasonable about it and gives them help when they need it.
- Medical Rape and Impregnate: She repeatedly injects Zen with unknown drugs and injects ovulation drugs in her cult members before sending them off to rape him, with the express intent to impregnate as many of the village women as possible.
- Playing with Syringes: Literally. While Zen's in her custody, she repeatedly stabs him with syringes full of unidentified drugs, laughing like a loon all the while.
- The Revolution Will Not Be Civilized: She runs a cult in a back-water village, Zen is kidnapped while in his cryo-chamber, and put through a bunch of horrific atrocities, Doi was nearly kidnapped with the use of a bomb as a distraction, and she threatens Erisa with death for daring to try and ease Zen's trauma as she's giving him a medical checkup. But her organization is in rebellion to the UW who have taken over the world by unleashing the MK-virus with the aftermath of most of the male gender dead or in stasis.
- Sorting Algorithm of Evil: While the UW's actions are horrific, her cult's actions are worse!
- A Taste of the Lash: She's fond of whipping Zen bloody, either as punishment for daring to be traumatized, or attempting escape, or simply for her sick thrills.
- Dirty Kid: She's really aware of all the sex happening in the town. And her main focus when Zen was put to sleep was being old enough to have sex with him when he wakes up, which she makes good on. She's also dirty enough to have a threesome with him along with her mother, getting off in front of her and working together to use Zen. Later on, Koko also even shocks her own (equally dirty-minded mother) by having Zen lick her while restrained.
- The Jailbait Wait: She was actually rather excited that when Zen would wake up, she would be legal.
- Letting Her Hair Down: When introduced she wore her hair in a bun, but now she wears it loose.
- Parental Incest: Sort of - she has threesome sex with Zen along with her mother. While Koko and her mom don't do anything to each other, having sex together at all is already crossing this line.
- She's All Grown Up: Has become a very pretty young woman in the last five years.
- Three-Way Sex: She and her mother have (force) one with Zen.
- Parental Incest: With her daughter Koko, since they both have sex with Zen at the same time, They may not have done anything directly to each other, but getting off with each other during sex together still qualifies as this.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Her daughter looks just like her, only with a less voluptuous body.
- Three-Way Sex: She and her daughter have (force) one with Zen.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Has tanned skin and blonde hair.
- Intimate Marks: She has her Izanami brand on her chest, just above and between her breasts.
- The Mole: She's first seen in Doi Shota's "classroom" and is the only girl to turn him down on-screen. In the aftermath of the bombing, she's shown to have been placed there to spy on him, so the group would have the best changes of kidnapping him.
- Anime Chinese Girl: Ticks all the boxes except she speaks Japanese fluently.
- Depraved Bisexual: After trying to get Reito into bed with little concern for his consent, she forces Erisa to strip to "prove" that she's not part of the Japanese Izanami, and then starts trying to have her way with her before the others intervene.
- Qipao: Wears one, and of course she uses it to try and seduce Reito.
- Secret Test of Character: On the receiving end. Reito's friends left them alone to test if she was really trustworthy. She passed, although not without trying to bang Reito there and then.
- Sixth Ranger: She joins Reito's group in their journey to Europe.
- A Child Shall Lead Them: Became Duchess of her country when she was only eleven, continuing to rule at only sixteen years old.
- Marry Them All: She actually doesn't mind if Reito keeps all the other girls following him as concubines as long as she's the Top Wife.
- The Men First: If the MK-Virus cure doesn't work, any man who's thawed out will die painfully. She reasons that her father wouldn't let any of his people take the risk before he does.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Rather than forcing Reito to consummate their marriage, she agrees to let him and his friends find a cure for the MK-Virus if she saves her people, not only her family.
- You Are in Command Now: When her father and older brother became infected by the MK-Virus, she became ruler of her country.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: In a way, she went from a popular idol to basically whoring herself to a boy she indirectly helped bully in order to get a new job as an idol.
- Kansai Regional Accent: She clearly has some kind of "low class" accent which is translated into "Valley Girl" speak.
- Lack of Empathy: She doesn't even voice a single condolence to Shota before storming out of the classroom. Considering the Condescending Compassion Shota gets from everyone else, she is actually the most benevolent of his classmates. Ouch. Even more when she saw Shota being beaten by the bullies at the rooftop of the school where she went to eat she didn't pay it any attention as if it wasn't even happening.
- School Idol: She, not Erica, is the most popular girl in class, but Erica doesn't do anything about it because Shion's apparently very well connected.
- Shameful Strip: Forced to strip naked by Shota, and then he forces her to have sex with him in front of other girls on the same spot his bullying first started.
- Token Good Teammate: Compared to the rest of Shota's class. While everyone else was either a bully, or treated the bullying as an exhibition, she actively pitied Shota, though doesn't actually do anything to help.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Her presumably legitimate need to head to her job is what triggers the mass exodus of Shota's class as they use her precedent to completely ignore Kanyu-sensei.
- What, Exactly, Is His Job?: Although she does have actual employment, that her boss summoned her out of class for, nobody in-universe has seen where she actually works, at least not among her fellow students.
- Abomination Accusation Attack: Combined with Mistaken for Cheating. She once angrily accused her husband of adultery with little to no on-screen evidence, apparently as the result of a pretty young thing once talking to him, in front of her. Reito's description of his own Single-Target Sexuality is what brings back this memory, and she withdraws into herself, sulking immediately.
- Absurd Phobia: Not her, but her husband was terrified of most technology, and the medical profession. So much so, he didn't even use GPS equipment and tried to avoid treatment when he came down with the MK-virus. His surviving widow pointedly screams that the UW defiled his body, without the consent of surviving kin.
- Audience Surrogate: Part of her role in the story is to voice the audience objections to Reito's Above the Influence status to him, and to have Reito address them.
- Despair Event Horizon: She crossed it long ago, with the death of her husband. The UW's heavy-handed methods clearly haven't helped.
- A Man Is Always Eager: She is firmly convinced that any and every man will happily jump a naked woman given the opportunity, and simply can not comprehend the concept of Single-Target Sexuality. Not even where it concerns her deceased husband. When she meets a man who won't, she defaults to believing it's illness or homosexuality that's to blame. Turns out to be her attempt to rationalize her accusations of cheating towards her late husband.
- Secret-Keeper: She's been in contact with Erisa, and knows where to reach her at any time.
- Soap Opera Disease: Some time between the events of Chapter 24 and the start of chapter 25 she slips into a coma, cause unknown. As she's doing so, it translates into a possible Take Up My Sword scenario as she hands off the family photo of herself and her husband to Reito through her nurses, because it contains a message from Erisa about the MK virus.
- So Proud of You: To Reito. If her claims can be believed, his efforts to find the cure are far more impressive than the "best and brightest" of the UW who have supposedly been trying the same thing for years.
- Troll: She jokingly agrees to share information regarding her husband with Reito... if he hugs her. When he utters a startled outburst, she withdraws the offer with a "just kidding" statement.
- You Remind Me of X: Reito's Single-Target Sexuality reminds her of her husband, and she hates it.