Zevran: You say that like it's a bad thing.
A character who proudly and often loudly proclaims his note preference for an older female romantic partner. The exact reasons can be anything from liking a more intellectual woman to simply wanting someone with a bigger cup size. This preference is most obvious in shonen and seinen, which otherwise tend to concentrate on women of a younger age bracket.
In comedy, this character is inevitably set up with a somewhat childish female character who doesn't feed into this taste at all, and is told so. Since a character that Likes Older Women isn't actually interested in younger women, this is sometimes used to avoid Squick.
Compare Teacher/Student Romance, MayDecember Romance, Mrs. Robinson, Precocious Crush, and Stacy's Mom. Contrast Really 700 Years Old. Also, please note that due to this trope being related to the Christmas Cake trope, such a person is sometimes referred to as a Cake Eater, thus explaining the dozens of references to cake on this page. Likes Older Men is this trope's Distaff Counterpart.
- Accel World: Haruyuki is currently dating Kuroyukihime, who is a year older than him.
- Parodied in Azumanga Daioh, when a guy asks another whom he likes better, Yukari or Nyamo. This guy, seeing Yukari around and overhearing, answers "Yukari, of course", and the other replies "You have a warped taste in women", and gets promptly whacked by Yukari.
- Garcia Lovelace from Black Lagoon. And the guy is bold enough to pull a surprise kiss on the target of his feelings,◊ his Mama Bear, Roberta.
- Mizuiro, one of Ichigo's classmates in Bleach, has a stated preference for older women, which sets up for a moment where Ichigo tells Rukia to stay away from the boy, much to Mizuiro's confusion.
- Kazuki Muto from Busou Renkin has this preference.
- In Crayon Shin-chan, the eponymous Shin, who is still in kindergarten, is attracted to woman who are presumably 20 years older than him. Especially his mom's friend Nanako (who Shin refers to as "Hottie Nanako").
- Under "likes", Nitobe from DAYS is listed as liking older women. Under "dislikes" it says "younger women".
- Death Note:
- It'd be a stretch to say that Light likes older women, but he seems to "associate" with older women. His canon "love interests" are about a year older than him.
- It's hinted that Matt had a crush on Misa while he was spying on her. Even though he thought she was about fourteen or so, she was five years older than him.
- The Electric Tale of Pikachu has Ash in the manga in love with Gary's older sister, May.
- Every male in Freezing is this. Generally, senior females in the school would desire younger males to be their partners. This is due more to the fact that their powers seem to work better when the Pandora is older than her Limiter - usually by a year.
- Hana Yori Dango:
- Akira Mimasaka likes his ladies older. The J-Drama implies that this is because his mother is very childish and irresponsible.
- Rui's long-time love interest Shizuka is actually older and more mature than he is.
- Marie in Haré+Guu was worried Haré might be one of these.
- Played with in Hellsing. While Alucard is a centuries old vampire, he still looks rather young. After returning from a rather extendid leave of absence, Integra is around fifty-something. Alucard apparently still finds her attractive. Not that anyone can blame him... And then there's his reaction to seeing the Queen again. The fondness in his eyes and his comment that she's even more beautiful as Queen further support this theory. Not to mention it's reciprocated, which implies all kinds of things...
- In Ikki Tousen, people think Kakouton (Xiahou Dun) is one of them, specially when they meet Hakufu's mother Goei (Lady Wu) and she flirts with him. He isn't amused.
- 14-year-old Yoshimori in Kekkaishi has his eyes set on his 16-year-old childhood friend, Tokine. Later in the manga, he saves another girl of similar age from a high fall and she briefly becomes his Stalker with a Crush. These may contribute to an observation a regular acquaintance makes about Yoshimori's romantic preferences: "You like older girls."
- In Kimi Wa Petto, 18-year-old Momo is pretty open about his crush on his 29-year-old benefactor Sumire. They end up Happily Married in the epilogue.
- Very sweetly subverted in Kotetsushin Jeeg. Hiroshi Shiba, the original Kotetsu Jeeg, goes missing for decades, and Michi, his combat partner/girlfriend eventually grows old enough to have a granddaughter (the heroine of the series, Tsubaki Tamashirou). When Hiroshi comes back, having never aged at all (on account of him being a cyborg), Michi sadly tells him that she feels ashamed that he has to see her like that. Hiroshi answers that he doesn't care, because he'll always love her just the same.
- In Love Hina, one of Keitaro's two childhood friends, Masayuki Haitani, displays an ongoing infatuation with the series' Christmas Cake, Haruka.
- In Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, Nagisa is one year younger than Hanon (who was in love with her music teacher, before he went away in the second season). Even though Hanon yells 'I only like older men!' to try to prevent Nagisa from flirting with her, he ignores it and flirts with her anyway. She gives up later and date him at the end of the story...
- The trope is inverted with Wataru in Hayate the Combat Butler. It seems older girls (although the gap between him and Sakuya or Aika is pretty small, they're still older) are more actively interested in him, while his moments of interest in any of them don't happen as frequently. Although recently he has his maid Saki in mind.
- Please Save My Earth: The age differences of the two main leads are obvious. This is actually understandable considering Rin Kobayashi/Shion is reincarnated 9 years later than Alice/Mokuren.
- Please Teacher!:
- This anime could be an example, however one wouldn't tell Mizuho is actually much older than Kei. According to a Newtype magazine centerfold, she's twenty three when she shows up on Earth. She is an alien from outer space and he has spent three years in a strange sort of coma..
- And also, the friend of Kei's who pursued their female classmate who suffers from the same sort of strange coma-disease, and admits out loud that he has a fetish for women who are older than they look.
- Brock pretty much defines this trope, as he instantly falls in love with the Character of the Day girls, but only if they're either around his age or older, particularly Professor Ivy, and any and all Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys.
- Bonnie presents a variation, as she is always looking for an older girl/woman to "take care of" her brother, Clemont (who is not amused whenever she does this).
- Parodied in The Prince of Tennis: Takashi Kawamura is mistaken for someone who likes older women by his school friends when he was seen talking to a beautiful older woman. Turns out she was the mother of an old friend of his and their talk was not a romantic one: she was asking him to help with her rebellious son, since Taka is one of the few people Akutsu listens to.
- In Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, the titular bunny girl senpai, Mai Sakurajima, gets a lot of mileage out of relentlessly lampshading the fact that she's older to her boyfriend Sakuta. On that note, Sakuta also had a crush on an older girl when he was in middle school as well.
- Rizelmine manages to diffuse a bit of its bizarrely over-the-top paedo bait Genki Girl by giving its male main character this trait... which, due to her being an Android that age-regressed to paedo bait actually gave the main character his fetish when he was younger.
- Sailor Moon:
- Hawk's Eye of the Amazon Trio, who specifically targets older beautiful women. One of them is Ikuko Tsukino, Usagi's mother. There are two exceptions where his targets are young women. The first is a young widow, and in his eyes, all widows are "older beautiful women". The second one is Minako, who at that point is 15 years old, who is also Tiger's Eye's target.
- Shingo Tsukino, Usagi's little brother. When he gets a crush on Ami, Rei suggests that it's because of an older woman's charm. And she's probably right, since he also thinks Sailor V and Sailor Moon are cute. Keep in mind that the age gap between Shingo and the girls is about the same as that between Usagi and Mamoru.
- Played with in Star Driver. In it, we have Tsubasa, who is the only guy in all of Southern Cross High that isn't attracted to Hina, the supposed "new girl", because he has a crush on Midori Okamoto, the school nurse... who happens to be the true identity of Hina and a notorious lover of Bishounen.
- Sword Art Online: Kirito girlfriend, Asuna, is a year older than him.
- Played with in Tonari no Kashiwagi-san. Kotori is six years older than her husband, and she told Yuuta that they started dating around the time she was studying for her college entrance exams (meaning he would have been in sixth grade). At the same time, her insanely youthful looks mean that they appeared to be the same age when they first hooked up.
- Unbalance × Unbalance is a good example for of this, between Jin-Ho Myung and Hae-Young Na, not to mention Hae-Young is Jin-Ho's teacher (respectively renamed as Kenichi Kando and Elina Takanashi in the japanese version).
- From Waiting in the Summer. It must be Love at First Sight for Kirishima Kaito but his alien love interest Ichika Takatsuki here is at least 2 years, if not, much older than him.
- Shinpei from Wandering Son saw the protagonist with an adult friend of hers and started becoming Nitori's friend in order to meet that woman. His love for her went away after he learned she was transgender though.
- The main character, Akira Inugami in Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest for his Hot Teacher.
- From WORKING!!, Yachiyo is a lesbian (or Single-Target Sexuality) version. She quite openly crushes on Kyouko.
- In You're Under Arrest!, Shouji Tokairin for Natsumi. Tokairin is some years younger than Natsumi.
- Jounouchi and Mai, who is 8 years his senior, are widely regarded as "the only popular heterosexual couple in Yu-Gi-Oh!." That pairing is Serious Business. When one author revealed in his Continuation Fan Fic that one character (established as Jounouchi's daughter) was the daughter of Jounouchi and Rebecca, the readers were not amused. His next story promptly returned to Jou/Mai.
- Like just about everything else in Yu-Gi-Oh!, this age difference was brought up and made fun of in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series.
Joey: But you're ten years older than me!
Mai: I know. Creepy, isn't it?
Joey: (aside to the audience) Actually, this is the closest thing this show has to a normal relationship.
- Zettai Karen Children's Kaoru Akashi, not even out of elementary school, is already very open about her love of older women, which spills over into her having some Lovable Sex Maniac tendencies.
- Deadpool openly lusts after Bea Arthur. In one issue he lusts after Spider-Man's Aunt May, sighing how she's "so like my Bea." All members of Weapon X, mutant or not, have a slow aging factor, and Deadpool is cursed to be unkillable, so he may have grown up in the same era as Bea Arthur. When Deadpool actually died, he got together with Death herself. Her on-and-off boyfriend Thanos angrily brought him back to life and made him immortal to separate them.
- Damian Wayne has expressed romantic interest in both Supergirl (a teenager) and Katana (who is literally old enough to be his mother). The crush on the latter is even subtly referenced in Li'l Gotham, where the two have an Odd Friendship.
- The true love and soulmate of Chris Kent is Thara Ak-Var, a childhood friend of Supergirl. Fortunately, Chris underwent a Plot-Relevant Age-Up from a little boy to a Bishōnen Chick Magnet of similar age to her.
- By contrast, in Love and Capes, CM Expy Major Might starts a relationship with Wonder Woman Expy Amazonia; in his Superpowered Alter Ego, he looks like an adult (and she is one), but he's really 10 years old. Amazonia is not best pleased to learn this. Of course, she's on the rebound from the main character, the Crusader, and the Major is a huge fan of her ex (to the extent of choosing to have the same powers so that he can be like his hero), so it's a valid question as to whether Amazonia is being a bit of a Mrs. Robinson here.
- One fan of Spider-Man did the math and found out that this was the case with Betty and Peter when they were dating. (Betty was at least sixteen when the comic started, as she claimed to have dropped out of school to work for the Bugle; Peter was fifteen when they met). This likely wasn't planned, but the writers just went with it.
- Subverted in Captain Atom with Sally Starshine. She certainly looks much older than Cameron Scott, but since he jumped eighteen years into the future, they are actually contemporaries, which is one of the reasons he is drawn to her. Also, it should perhaps be noted that Cameron started dating his first wife, Angela, when he was a junior in high school and she was a senior.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Buffy is this in the comics. Buffy, who has been a Slayer for at least ten years, is the romantic interest of the much younger Satsu. Despite not being gay and not wanting a relationship Buffy sleeps with her. Twice.
- In Red Robin Tim, who if he hadn't dropped out would still be in High School, starts dating college girl Tam Fox.
- Fobbies Are Borange: Jeff "I am so ready to eat your cake" Andonuts is this in every sense of the word. Possibly Lampshade Hung due to the first person he falls for being named the Magic Cake Lady.
- Racer and the Geek by Kalash93 makes this for the protagonist and ALL his possible love interests.
- By the same author and featuring the same characters, Welcome to the Brothel and Relax set up this dynamic between the protagonist and his love interest, with one rare twist: she's a local prostitute and he's a foreign volunteer fighting in her country's civil war.
- Child of the Storm:
- Clint has the trope specifically name checked by Natasha. He doesn't deny it. Evidence for this stacks up when you note that he's 28 and has dated Wanda Maximoff. Who would likely have been at least in her late thirties at the earliest when they hooked up (even if she doesn't look it) and has a child half his age. He's also got a thing for Natasha, but let's face it, who doesn't.
- Harry's got a minor variant on this - he's got a thing for older women, but being surrounded by the likes of Natasha (who he has decided confused feelings about since she treats him like a nephew), Sif, Darcy and Carol (who may only be a year older than him at most, but looks rather older than that), is going to make this kind of inevitable.
- Naruto is often depicted as a cake eater in fanfiction. Anko, Ayame, Konan, Kurenai, Shizune, Tsunade, Mei, Kushina, Koyuki, Tsunami, etc.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic examples:
- Twilight Sparkle when paired with Princesses Celestia or Luna. Even in Canon, she has lots of Ho Yay with the former.
- Spike whenever fic writers depict his affection for Rarity as more than a Precocious Crush. Really, when he gets paired with any character other than the Crusaders.
- A Pleasant Surprise features this prominently. It's not stated exactly how old Fluttershy and Midnight are, but it's more than enough difference to qualify.
- Noriaki Kakyoin from Jojos Bizarre Adventure made one comment about his ideal girlfriend being like Holly, Jotaro Kujo's mom. Memetic Flanderization has made him into an insatiable MILF hunter who wants to do every hot mom he comes across.
- Metroid: Kamen Rider Generations Lampshades this through Mitsuzane on Samus. Overtime, Micchy gets to experience going into the bounty hunter's pants.
- Jaune Arc in Not this time, Fate becomes a Pornomancer in his newest life, despite his claims otherwise. When he admits that it's probably awkward for his mother to keep hearing about his exploits, she retorts that awkward would be hearing about him sleeping with her friends' daughters, not said friends themselves.
- The Many Dates of Danny Fenton (Danny Phantom Western Animation, TV Series, and Comic Books.): Danny is still 14 but has gone out with girls one or two years older than him, and has still expressed genuine interest in them.
- A Possible Encounter For A Phantom: Danny Fenton has a crush on Kim Possible, who is 16 while he himself is 14. He's also shown to be attracted to Shego, who is likely a decade at least older than him.
- The queen's cabana boy in A Bug's Life seems pretty enthusiastic about the thought of rubbing lotion on the (much older) queen.
Cabana Boy: Hubba hubba!
- The title character from Kirikou and the Sorceress. It's a childrens' movie and he's just a baby, but he does ask the title Sorceress in marriage when she pulls a HeelFace Turn. She doesn't accept, of course, but then
- American Pie: Finch has a distinct preference for older women. (most specifically, the mother of one of his friends). Despite becoming a bit of a Kavorka Man in the 2nd film, he always found women his own age wanting for one reason or another.
- 18-year-old Goffredo in Lavventura is crazy about perceptibly older Giulia.
- The movie Cougar Club is entirely about this.
- In Don Jon, Jon (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) hooks up with Esther (Julianne Moore), who is much older than him.
- In the film The Graduate this trope is featured prominently.
- Invoked in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, when Willie Scott thinks the Maharaja of Pancot Palace has been showering her with gifts, and then:
Willie: That's the Maharaja? A kid?!
Short Round: Maybe he like older women.
- Mystery Men: Dr Heller (Tom Waits) cruises retirement homes "for the ladies".
- Aram falls for Sandy, 15 years his senior, in The Rebound.
- The Woman in Red: The punk is interested in Didi.
- X-Men: Apocalypse: Downplayed since nothing happens between them, but Quicksilver does consider Moira MacTaggert to be a beautiful woman, and she's approximately 23 years his senior.
- In A Bigger Splash, the female half of a couple is 18 years older than the man. They are blissfully happy and the age difference is clearly never an issue. Indeed, when her same-age ex-lover and his daughter visit, it's he who is uneasy that she might end their relationship to reunite with him—and she does sleep with him once—while she never even considers the possibility of the girl seducing him—despite her efforts to do so, he barely acknowledges her.
- Tommy Flood in Bloodsucking Fiends (19 years old), as demonstrated by the fact that he's willing to immediately shack up with a woman seven years his senior.
- In Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy, Bridget (51) dates Roxter (30), who enthusiastically talks about how great it is to be with a "cougar." Bridget's friend Talitha is 60 and seems to attract similar guys.
- In A Brother's Price, Jerin mentions having had a crush on his teacher, and later falls in love with a woman who is about ten years older than he.
- In Dragon Bones, Beckram is called out by his brother on the fact that he has an affair with a woman who could be their mother, age-wise. His defense is pointing out that she's very beautiful, which the brother must grudgingly admit, is true. His brother also complains that he's been hearing sex noises from Beckram's room since they were teenagers and Beckram seduced their mother's lady-in-waiting, who, presumably, was their mother's age, so that seems to be a habit.
- Stephen Colly in I Capture the Castle ends up having sex with Leda Fox-Cotton. Movie-wise, all they do is show her playing with his hair late at night, but you know what's happened.
- Zar-bettu-Zekigal, from Mary Gentle's Rats and Gargoyles, explicitly prefers older women (shortly after she's first introduced, she starts rhapsodizing over her fortyish landlady Evelian's laugh lines). When she later becomes infatuated with the Hyena (who's only got about ten years on Zari), it mystifies her that she's crushing on someone so young.
- In Florence Barclay's novel Through the Postern Gate the lead male is a Bunny-Ears Lawyer Ace Pilot named Guy ""Boy Blue" Chelsea, who is a Dogged Nice Guy for the 10-years-older Hot Librarian Christobel Charteris. In fact, Christobel cites the age difference as the reason why they should not date.
Christobel: "When I met you, you were six. I was 16".
- Eddie in A Widow for One Year by John Irving. He has an affair with a woman at least 20 years his senior (he's 16 in the first part of the book) and always prefers much older women. Taken Up to Eleven by the time he's over 50 and attracted to women in their 70s.
- Bruce in Atlanta Nights marries Callie. Bruce is eighteen while Callie is in her forties. Though considering how Atlanta Nights was written...
- In the Danielle Steel novel Dating Game, following her divorce, the heroine has one disastrous dating experience after another before finally hitting the jackpot with a Frenchman 15 years her junior, whose backstory includes an ex-wife who was 5 years his senior. Throughout the relationship, it's repeatedly established that he utterly adores and desires her and even though it eventually ends, it's not because of the age difference, but fundamental differences that would have probably split them up even if they were the same age.
- Richard Fish, in Ally McBeal, actively goes after older women because he has a fetish for the folds under a woman's chin that build up as she gets older. He wound up marrying a woman who was ten years younger than him, but many fans prefer to pretend the last season didn't happen, so... you know the drill.
- Connor from Angel. Apparently, his profound love of Christmas Cake is so deeply a part of who he is, changing his memories and personality doesn't make it go away.
Connor: I guess I've always had a thing for older women.
Angel: They were supposed to fix that.
- The Benny Hill Show: Benny Hill as "Dapper Dan the lady killer man" sings a song in praise of having an older woman lover:
They don't yell, and they don't tell, and oh, they're grateful as hell,
So give me an older woman every time.
- Played for laughs on New Tricks (note: the premise of the series is that retired police officers are brought back to the force to serve as consultants on cold cases, and much of the humor is based on the ensuing Values Dissonance):
Brian: Remember Hans and Lotte Hass on telly when we were kids?
Gerry: Oh-ho! I never missed that programme.
Brian: You were hooked on diving?
Gerry: No, no. It wasn't that. No... well, this was the Fifties. It was the only show on TV where you could see a fit bird in a swimsuit.
Sandra: How old were you, Gerry?
Gerry: Dunno. Nine? Ten, I suppose. (disapproving stares) Yeah, I've always had a thing for older women.
Sandra: (deadpan) Now there aren't any.
- Boston Legal, 40-ish Alan Shore competing with Denny for the 60-ish Shirley Schmidt. (Neither wins.)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Xander Harris harbors an unspoken desire for Joyce Summers. He's a conquistador! And for some Sunnydale High teachers as well. And Anya, who is 1120 years old.
- One character in The Catherine Tate Show was Ali, who ruins social situations with unknowingly tactless remarks. In one sketch she meets a young 20-something man who tells her about his plans to go on a vacation with the middle-aged Polly. Ali replies "I wouldn't go on holiday with my mother!" but then discovers Polly is actually the man's girlfriend.
- On Dead of Summer, the young camp counselor Joel strikes up a romantic relationship with the middle-aged head counselor Deb.
- In one episode of Doc Martin, a painter has the hots for Auntie Joan. Martin suspects an Oedipus Complex, and it's later revealed that he's grieving for his dead mother...
- Doctor Who
- The 2010 Christmas Special does it both ways. In the same relation. Abigail Pettigrew (age unknown, but adult, probably in her twenties) is held in stasis by (initially) Kazran Sardick's father, as collateral for a loan. While Kazran is a young boy, The Doctor briefly releases her. By the time Abigail is put back in stasis, Kazran promises they'll be back every Christmas Eve. They do so, and while Kazran is still younger than Abigail, they're mutually attracted to each other. Until one Christmas Eve, Kazran learns Abigail has only one day left to live, and he decides to not release her on following Christmas Eves. Eventually, Kazran becomes an old (and grumpy) man. And on a Christmas day, Abigail is the only person who can save the day. Old enough to now be her grandfather, Kazran releases Abigail. Of course, they still love each other.
- While the Doctor himself doesn't count, being over 900 years old, they do seem to like using this dynamic ever since they hired the twenty-something Matt Smith. Almost every quasi-flirty relationship has been with a character whose actress is at least a little older than him. There was Queen Liz X (both she and her actress Sophie Okonedo were 40), River Song (whose actress Alex Kingston is some twenty years older than him), and Idris (who was played by an actress in her early 30s, but was dressed in a Victorian getup that made her look a little older). He gets in a Mrs. Robinson joke about River just to make the point.
- Hanto in Engine Sentai Go-onger, whose crushes have included Kegareshia (played by a then 27-year-old actress) and Miki from Juken Sentai Gekiranger (in her 40s and married with a daughter.) He is 16.
- Carter on ER wasn't really one, but was accused of it after dating a couple of older women.
- Chiana in Farscape may be a Bi the Way example. She has heavy Les Yay with the much older Noranti in "Bringing Home the Beacon" and Altana in Home on the Remains, and towards the end of A Prefect Murder she starts hitting on the incredibly wizened Paroos. Her main Love Interest in the series is Ka D'Argo, a widower with a son around Chiana's age.
- Flower Boy Ramyun Shop: Chi Soo's a senior in high school; Eun Bi's a 25 year old student teacher.
- Frank Jr. just doesn't care if his wife is twice his age.
- This trope also pops up in the first season with Monica's boyfriend Young Ethan, although it's a relatively minor example. Ethan believes she's only twenty one, when she's actually twenty six - though he's actually seventeen pretending to be in his twenties.
- Rachel also has a fling with her much younger assistant Tag. Unusually for this trope, she actually ends the relationship when she turns 30 and sees how different their perspectives are.
- It's also revealed later in the series that Ross in high school made a pass at the librarian (who was in her seventies at the time). He seems to have grown out of it as his canon love interest Rachel is two years younger than him.
- Noah "Puck" Puckerman states this as the sole reason for joining Acafellas and performing at the PTA meeting.
- Also, Josh Groban's character.
- The 8-year-old brother of a patient on one episode of House gets a crush on Cameron.
- Neil Sutherland of The Inbetweeners is this, losing his virginity to a woman at work, lusting after Will's mum, making a move on Miss Timms and shagging Anything That Moves on holiday. The other lads have to physically restrain him from going off with another older woman on holidays. Will is this to a lesser extent as well.
- Villanelle of Killing Eve is about twenty-five, and she's up for sex with anyone of any gender or age, but has a blatant preference for women in their forties, especially if they have thick, wavy hair — the only two people she's known to have been genuinely infatuated with are Eve and Anna, both of whom fit that profile.
- In the Japanese drama series Last Cinderella, Hiroto (25) falls for Sakura (40) and she chooses him over another man closer to her own age.
- A Law & Order: Special Victims Unit episode about the rape and murder of an elderly woman had the detectives questioning one of several lovers that she had (thus revealing her to have been a Dirty Old Woman), who was only in his mid-20's. When Stabler reacts with disgust and judgement, the young man simply shrugs and explains his preference: "They're more experienced, they're less inhibited, and there's no chance of knocking them up."
- Lie to Me: One episode revolves around a widow of a much younger man. After the team loudly derides the age gap, Torres says that she's been in a relationship with an older partner, and it was healthy and fulfilling.
- The Masterpiece Theatre miniseries Reckless had the protagonist, Owen Springer, falling in Love at First Sight with Anna Fairley, who just happens to be his boss' wife. This is the main focus and conflict of the story. The fact that she's 10-15 years older than him is never an issue to him or in the context of the show, though it is touched on in the sequel, where despite several years of domestic bliss, she's reluctant to marry him, fearing that he'll dump her for a younger woman so as to have children (it doesn't help matters that (a) this is what her husband did, and (b) that Owen himself dumped his previous same-age girlfriend because she didn't want kids). It takes a lot of work for him to assure her otherwise.
- Oh My Lady: The young K Pop Idol Singer falls for the over-30 divorced mom.
- The Practice: Eugene's son Kendall (who's eleven) is shown as attracted to Lucy, who's around a decade older than him. He even asks Lucy on a date. She politely declines and explains she's too old for him.
- In Smallville, it is a one episode thing, but they had a little Flight of Romance so it is worth a mention. Warrior Angel, who is actually only 12 years old, is obviously attracted to the then-about 23 Chloe Sullivan.
- The Vampire Diaries:
- Jeremy Gilbert. His three love interests have been Matt's older sister Vicki, his older sister Elena's best friend Bonnie, and Anna, a vampire who is hundreds of years old.
- Damon also seems to have no qualms about sleeping with women who are either actually older like Rebekah, Katherine, or Sage, or physically older like Kelly, Andie, or Bree.
- What's Up Fox?: Nine years separate Byung Hee at 33 from her boyfriend Chul Soo, 24, whom she used to help babysit. He announces he's liked her since practically puberty.
- The reggeaton song "Mayor Qué Yo" (Older than Me) by Wisin and Yandel has the aforementioned artists courting a considerably older, blonde woman with, um, considerable assets, stating that they don't care that she's older than them. She's still fair game.
- Ricardo Arjona's song "Señora de las Cuatro Décadas" (Lady of the Four Decades) is written from the POV of someone who Likes Older Women who tells his much older girlfriend to not try to make herself look younger than she is, since she's perfect for him already.
- In the music video of Toby Keith's "You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This" an eighteen year old boy has a vivid daydream of him and his older female employer falling in love and making love with one another. Unfortunately or fortunately for him, her real personality is vastly different from his fantasy of her, and she seems to barely recognize his existence.
- Emmanuel's song "Bella Señora" (Beautiful Lady) is a subtler example, as the lyrics don't openly state that the man is one of these but has some verses about the "lady"'s skin not being "porcelain-like" like in the past.
- Elton John's "Teacher I Need You."
- Rod Stewart, "Maggie May."
- Ronnie McDowell's "Older Women" has the narrator suggesting a love for older women since they have the experience to "please a man".
- Garth Brooks' "That Summer" has a teenaged boy who works on an older widowed woman's farm and ends up having a sexual encounter with her.
- Atlanta's "Atlanta Burned Again Last Night" has a similar plotline to "That Summer", between a 17-year-old boy and a woman in her 30s.
- The Bare Naked Ladies song "Maybe Katie" is about how the singer doesn't care about the fact that his girlfriend is older than he is.
- "Summer: The First Time" by Bobby Goldsboro.
Just because her youth is fading,
Doesn't mean she's not worth dating.
- Hailing from Brazil comes "Panela Velha" ("old pot"), with the immortal chorus "it doesn't matter if she's older! Old pots make the best food!"
- Rick Wakeman, Progressive Rock keyboardist of Yes, The Strawbs and several solo projects, once made this joke to his audience while in his 60s: "When I was younger, I used to have a thing for older women... Not anymore!"
- Obviously the trope-naming Stacy's Mom by Fountains of Wayne, and according to Word of God, was inspired by a childhood friend's crush on the writer's grandmother.
- Zak Waters reminisces about his former babysitter in "Penelope" singing "Yeah I was nine and she was seventeen", "I wonder if she would remember me/ She's 26 I'm turning 18", and "Oh Penelope, where are you now? I'm old enough to take you out."
- In Assassin's Creed III in the first Sequence of the game the player can have a conversation with Benjamin Franklin in which the latter explains the "benefits" of courting an older woman.
- Takumi from Battle Moon Wars openly admit his preference in his conversation with Aozaki Touko, which kinda explain why he is unfazed by a cast of three five galge games around him.
- Toby in Catherine has a crush on Erica, an old friend of the main character, who is 32. However, in the True Lovers ending, he learns that she is a post-op transgender woman.
- In Dragon Age: Origins, Zevran seems to like hitting on Wynne even more than hitting on the PC as every conversation he has with her involves either sex, her breasts, or both. He might just be messing with her, but knowing Zevran, he probably wouldn't object if Wynne responded positively to his advances.
- In Fire Emblem, there are a few examples:
- In The Binding Blade, Roy has 6 possible wives: one is Cecilia, a visibly older woman who was Roy's teacher in combat and tactics.
- In Path of Radiance, 19-year-old Boyd implies to Titania, who is 41 or so, that he always had a crush on her. And when Titania is about to shoot him down, Boyd blurts out that he was sure that Titania was younger than HIS mother (who is also the mother of 24-year-old Oscar).
- In Genealogy of the Holy War, every one of Dew's potential wives is several years older than him except for Sylvia (she's said to be 14 in the games and 16 in the Oosawa manga) or Raquesis (said to be 16 in the mangas).
- Fire Emblem Awakening:
- Ricken is the youngest member of the Shepherds, meaning that almost every one of his potential wives is several years older than he is.
- In his C-rank support conversation with Nowi, Gaius states that he likes older women because they have a certain degree of maturity. He's lying.
- While Donnel is slightly older than Ricken, his youngest potential love interest (Lissa) is still older than he is.
- Flavia is stated to be old enough to be Chrom's mother. The Player Character, who is approximately the same age as Chrom, can romance her.
- Fire Emblem Fates has the Ricken expy Hayato, who's also among the youngest members of the army. This means almost all his prospect girlfriends (with the exception of Sakura, Mozu and maybe a young-looking Avatar) are his seniors. Also, a male Avatar can romance Reina, who is implied to be near his mother's age.
- Trevor in Grand Theft Auto V. The only women he hits on are older than him. This is despite the fact that he's in his late-40's/early 50's.
- In The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the elderly Sheikah character Mellie tells Link that she knows he is interested in older women, but she's already married so he should just give it up. This is actually a ploy to make Link uncomfortable enough to stop following her during a Stalking Mission.
- An option in Mass Effect 2 to play Shepard as one, featuring Samara as the cake, who is several hundred years old (even accounting for her race's life expectancy, she's old enough to have three daughters, one of whom can pass off as her) as opposed to Shepard, who, as of Mass Effect 2, is either 29 or 31 (depending on whether you count the two years (s)he was dead)... although (s)he gets turned down because Samara is married to her job.
- Otacon in the Metal Gear Solid series, Played for Drama. It was less "likes older women" and perhaps more like "Can't say no to older women".
- Persona 3:
- Kenji Tomochika, one of your classmates, loudly proclaims his love for one of the teachers in Gekkoukan High School, and devises a Zany Scheme to get her to fall in love with him in the male protagonist's route. It's Played for Laughs at first, but as Kenji's Social Link progresses, it becomes increasingly clear that he is at best heavily in denial as to the reality of the situation. It becomes even harsher in the female protagonist's route, which introduces Kenji's Unlucky Childhood Friend Rio Iwasaki: she's had feelings for him for ages, but he's too caught up in his attraction to his teacher to notice.
- The female protagonist is the object of a crush from Ken Amada, which you can pursue.
- The male protagonist can also pursue a relationship with an older woman he meets over an online game. She turns out to be his homeroom teacher at the end of the game.
- Persona 5: For the 16-year-old Player Character Joker, all but three of nine potential romance options are older than he is. Four of them are women in their twenties, one even being his homeroom teacher. Makoto and Haru are both a year older, being third-year students. And of the remaining three that aren't older, two of them are the same age (Ann and Hifumi), leaving Futaba as the only potential romantic partner that is explicitly younger than Joker. In fact, towards the end of Chihaya's Confidant, she'll outright ask Joker if he's into older women, to which he can respond "Hell yeah I am."
- Persona 3:
- Sonic the Hedgehog has Amy Rose who's 8 (but had a Plot-Relevant Age-Up wish so she would appear 12), in love with Sonic the Hedgehog who's 15. To a degree, Knuckles the Echidna who's 16 has in canon been shown to have a soft spot for Rouge the Bat who's 18. There's also Vector the Crocodile, who's 20 and has a crush on Vanilla the Rabbit who's at least several years, if not a decade his senior. Not that you would be able to tell any of this by simply looking at the characters. They sound, look and act like a group of fraternity 20-somethings.
- Tales Series:
- In Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, there is evidence that Lloyd has become one of these, if Colette is not chosen. Also adding at one point in the game, Lloyd admitted that he is more fond of older woman referencing the time when he actually proposed to Paul's mother Lilia.
- In Tales of Graces, Hubert, who is around 17-18 years old, has a pretty obvious attraction toward resident Cloud Cuckoo Lander, Pascal, who's 22.
- Jude from Tales of Xillia, has once said Milla is attractive and commented on how Presa was "cute". When Alvin jokingly asks if Jude likes older women, Jude responds with an embarrassed chuckle and says "I don't know. Maybe."
- In Tales of the Abyss Luke counts as he's seven due to being a replica and has a love interest in the 16 years old Tear..
- This appears to be very common in dating sims, usually with a sempai.
- CLANNAD's canonical plot goes with Tomoya falling in love and marrying an older girl. Well, Nagisa is only one year older, but it is remarked upon as being unusual. Another route can have him fall for Misae, his landlady, who seems to be in her mid 20's.
- In Crescendo the player has the choice of boning either his older non-blood related maternal sister Ayame or his smexy aloof, Christmas Cake School Nurse Kaori.
- In Jewel Knights Crusaders your hero is currently in high school and there are 2 candidates that fulfill this trope. One is a hot nurse who is also currently attending college, another is a childhood friend who the hero frequently call Onee-san.
- Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!
- Our protagonist here admittedly stated that he prefers older women during one the main routes. Overall he has 2 candidates to fill this trope in the original game one of which is his homeroom teacher
- In addition, he gets about 5 more potential older partners in the expanded sequel Majikoi S. 2 of the 5 were more or less extras though.
- In True Love Junai Monogatari, two of the 18-year-old Player Character's prospect love interests are women in their early-to-mid 20's: the nurse Misako and his homeroom teacher Yumi.
- Jessica, one of the hosts of Fat, French and Fabulous, seems to have a thing for much, much older women, especially Queen Elizabeth Windsor:
"I will not apologize for appreciating the Queens body. She might be a far off, purely symbolic head of state to you, but to me shes just Betty from the block."
- On Shark Jumping, when watching the 2001 reboot pilot of Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, Tim finds himself only more attracted to Electra Woman when he finds out that her actress, Markie Post, played Melissa Joan Hart's nympho mother in the ABC Family movie Holiday in Handcuffs.
- This is the go-to joke for how The442oons portrays Wayne Rooney, and for good reason.
- Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender has a crush on Katara, who is physically two or three years older than him, even though he's chronologically 112 years old. As it turns out in later installments in the series, They Do.
- Parodied in Codename: Kids Next Door with King Sandy. He's into older women... though being about 7 years old, that means said women (like Numbuh Three) are 10.
- On Daria, Upchuck by no means limits himself to any one kind of girl, but when he realizes the supposed high-schooler he was flirting with is actually Brittany's stepmom he suddenly becomes a lot more interested.
Upchuck: An older woman. A younger, willing man. Do I dare to dream? Please, don't be gentle. (notices Brittany's stepmom has walked away) Huh?
- Tom and Katharine.
- Macbeth on a technicality, when he falls in love with Dominique Destine who is really Demona in her daytime human appearance. It Makes Sense in Context.
- Generator Rex has Rex who has a crush on Dr. Holiday, who is at least a decade older than him.
- Gravity Falls has two with a 3 year age gap between Dipper and Wendy (12-15) and Li'l Gideon and Mabel (9-12).
- J'onn J'onzz was seen with a middle-aged woman, disguised as a middle aged man in the finale of Justice League Unlimited. Given the brief look between them before he returned to his original form, it seemed he'd already revealed his identity to her and she was okay with it. Given that he was Really 700 Years Old and had been married before, its no wonder he'd go with someone more mature, at least by earth standards.
- In The Loud House, Clyde (who's 11) has a crush on Lincoln's oldest sister, Lori, who's 17 (making her at least six years older than him). Also, in one episode, Clyde (like every other male character, including Lincoln himself) develops a crush on Ms. DiMartino, an attractive female substitute teacher.
- Skwisgaar of Metalocalypse has a preference for 60+ year old female partners. And overweight ones too. G-MILFs, in his own words. In addition to the MILFs and Soon-to-be-MILFs.
- Spike is this for Rarity in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. Admittedly, this example is somewhat muddied in that Spike, despite being a baby dragon, is actually not much younger than the adult main cast and is really only considered such due to dragon's centuries-long lifespan. He does consistently behave less mature than the rest of the cast, though.
- Phineas and Ferb: Ferb towards Vanessa, who is most likely 4-5 years older than him. As of Act Your Age, the timeskip episode where our cast will head to college, Ferb has been dating Vanessa for a while now. Due to certain bits of Word of God regarding Phineas' future relationships, this might also apply to him as well since it is widely suspected that Isabella is older than he is.
- The Simpsons: Most of Bart Simpson's love interests are noticeably older than he is. There's also plenty of romantic subtext between him and Edna Krabappel, as well as one episode with a child therapist that was played out just a little too straight.
- In The Spectacular Spider-Man, sixteen-year-old Peter Parker very publically proclaims his interest in twenty-year-old secretary Betty Brant, and plays the Dogged Nice Guy to pressure her to be his date for the High-School Dance. He is thwarted by his Aunt May, who approaches Betty for a frank talk about their relative ages. Betty then turns Peter down.
- Young Justice
- Wally, who has flirted/commented on the attractiveness of several women older than him, most notably Black Canary. He eventually winds up with Artemis, though.
- Dick is a subtler example: the tie-in comic shows that by season two he's had relationships with Zatanna, Rocket and Bette Kane. All are older than him, though only by a year or two.