Attack Of The Killer Donuts is a Horror Comedy Movie by Scott Wheeler.
John Wentworth (Justin Ray) is an average young man in the town of Shady Grove who works at Dandy Donuts with his childhood friend Michelle Kester (Kayla Compton). He's currently in a relationship with a hot woman named Veronica (Leuren Compton (as Lauren Elise)), who is really just using him for money (to which he is completely clueless).
One day, his Uncle Luther (Michael Swan) comes into the store demanding the laptop, and gets into a tussle with John's boss Cliff (Chris De Christopher (as Chris DeChristopher)), and his new experimental animation serum lands in the deep fryer. As a result, the donuts that get fried in it start turning into murderous killer donuts.
That night, John, Michelle, and John's friend Howard (Ben Heyman) take notice of the donuts' new murderous tendencies, and realize they need to save Shady Grove from becoming snacks for the snacks.
The movie was released on July 17th, 2016.
Attack Of The Killer Donuts contains examples of:
- Acid Attack: The donuts can spit acid at people.
- Alliterative Name: John and Michelle work at Dandy Donuts.
- Almost Kiss: John and Michelle have one in the middle of the movie in their car. It's interrupted by Howard asking for a ride.
- An Arm and a Leg: A killer donut bites off Conrad's hand.
- Asshole Victim: Conrad and his friends.
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: Attack Of The Killer Donuts, obviously.
- Conspicuous CG: The CG in the movie is kind of obvious on the donuts.
- Dodgy Toupee: Luther pulls off Cliff's in their scuffle in Dandy Donuts.
- Donut Mess with a Cop: Officers Rogers and Hammerstein's first scene has them driving to Dandy Donuts with their perp in the backseat. Officer Rogers is far more into it than Hammerstein, though.
- The End... Or Is It?: All the donuts have been destroyed, and John and Michelle decide to spend some time together in bed. The camera pans over to the window... and a killer donut climbs onto the outer sill.
- Establishing Character Moment:
- Uncle Luther is introduced testing out his new animation serum on a dead rat and stating he's made the discovery of the 21st century. This establishes him as a Mad Scientist.
- Veronica's first scene has her avoiding kissing John on the lips despite being his girlfriend, showing up with another guy, and asking John for money. This establishes that the relationship is all in John's head, and she's just using him.
- Eye Scream: When Officer Rogers shoots one of the donuts, some of it gets in his eye.
- Flipping the Bird: Veronica does this to Michelle after she leaves following their unpleasant interaction.
- Food Eats You: The donuts don't technically eat anyone, but they do attack and kill people.
- Full-Name Ultimatum: John's mother uses his full name (John Blake Wentworth) at the start of the movie, and again at the end when she wants him to mow the lawn.
- Good Morning, Crono: John's first scene is him being woken up by his alarm clock, which he knocks off the table. Then his mom calls for him, to which he responds that he's already up.
- Groin Attack: A donut spits acid in Leo's crotch.
- Lingerie Scene: Mrs. Scolari puts one on for her box of donuts in celebration of her "cheat day".
- Mad Scientist: John's Uncle Luther. He's introduced testing out his new animation serum on a dead rat.
- Made of Iron: Michelle falls from a second story window onto a driveway, and just gets a sore in the small of her back.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: Flanagan is presented this way, dressing in a way that invokes a hippie lifestyle, and peddling all-natural gluten-free donuts.
- Nosy Neighbor: Mr. Richards, who spies John, Michelle, and Howard running around Mrs. Scolari's house and assumes that they're trespassing.
- Pass the Popcorn: When Cliff and Luther get into a fight, John and Michelle just sit on the counter and drink sodas, watching.
- Put Their Heads Together: Tom the Perp slams Rogers' and Hammerstein's heads together, knocking them out, before escaping the car.
- Rolling Pin of Doom: Howard uses a rolling pin to fend off the donuts in Mrs. Scolari's house.
- Stuff Blowing Up: John and Michelle end the donut threat by blowing up Dandy Donuts.
- "Take That!" Kiss: Bobby blows one to Johnny as he's pulling out of the parking lot behind Dandy Donuts with Veronica.