Infinity Warps (introduced in Infinity Wars)
open/close all folders
As A Whole
- Composite Character: All of these characters are amalgamations of well known Marvel Characters created by Gamora, as a means to balance the universe without killing anyone.
- Continuity Nod: The general concept of the Infinity Warps is comparable to that of the Amalgam Universe, though these characters aren't mixed with those from The DCU.
Peter Parker / Arachknight
Sigurd Stark / Stark Odinson / Iron Hammer
- Amnesiac Resonance: While having no memory of who he really is, he feels at home in a storm, recalls Malekith's name, without recognising why, and his armor is a mix of human science, and those of the Ten Realms.
- Badass Beard: He's got Stark's beard and mustache, but in Thor's blonde.
- Drop the Hammer: Eitri's last weapon is a giant hammer made of cold iron, rather than Mjolnir's uru.
- Fantastic Racism: As an Asgardian, Stark looked down on mortals. Not a great combination with a human step-brother.
- I Hate Past Me: Sigurd is horrified on reclaiming his memories of demi-godhood
- Jerkass: Pre-amnesia Stark was a total dick, which was why Howard turned him mortal and kicked him out.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: He has no memory of being the Odinson, until he returns to Asgard.
- Magitek: His armor, being a mix of Asgardian magic, Nidavellir forging and human science.
- Mysterious Past: He just appeared out of a snowstorm one day, and is troubled by the fact he apparently has no friends or family. As it turns out, that's because he's not from Earth at all.
- That Man Is Dead: Even after regaining his memories, he decides to be Sigurd Stark still, considering Stark Odinson dead.
- Tron Lines: His armor is covered in glowing orange lines
T'Challa / / "Johnny Blaze" / Ghost Panther
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: After hearing Misty Brooks refer to the tussle with some vampires as a date, T'Chaka seems intrigued by the idea. T'Challa is not.
- Badass Biker
- Bad Powers, Good People: T'Challa's stuck with a vengeful god which wants to punish and kill (and eat) those T'Challa fights, and has to keep in constant control in case Zarathos gets lose.
- Composite Character: He combines Black Panther and Ghost Rider naturally but also has the background of Eric Killraven (who is combined with someone else) in fighting a rebellion against Martian invasion.
- Panthera Awesome: T'Chaka sticks around as a giant fiery tiger, whom T'Challa can summon.
- Wreathed in Flames
Scott Banner / Little Monster
Wanda / / Laura Kinney / Weapon Hex
- Anti Anti Christ: Engineered by Dr. Wyndham to be a suitable vessel for Mephichton, she turned against him and his goals.
- Big Sister Instinct: Woe betide anyone who tries to hurt her little sister.
- Magical Girl Warrior: Skilled in using both her claws and magic.
- Punny Name: Not out loud but the displayed names of all her spells play on the word "Hex".
- Telepathy: Like Diamond Patch, she can extract information from people with her claws, but with a spell called "Hex-position".
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Apparently speaks with a Wundagorian accent.
Howling Commandos of Hoggoth
Stephen Rogers / Soldier Supreme
Unable to serve his country in World War II, Stephen Rogers volunteered for a top-secret government program that utilizing arcane sorcery transformed him into the Soldier Supreme.
- Barrier Warrior: Creates his shield from magic.
- Badass Beard: Much like Strange's usual look, but blond.
- Deadpan Snarker: Gets pretty snarky at the US Army's increasingly zealous testing of his magic abilities.
- Ill Girl: Stephen Rodgers was a proverbial ninety pound weakling before Dr. Erskine turned him into the Soldier Supreme. It didn't actually cure all his medical ailments (he's still got some early onset arthritis), but it helped alleviate some of them.
- One Steve Limit: Averted by combining Steven Rogers and Stephen Strange into a single person.
- Patriotic Fervor: Inherits Steve Rodger's love of his country, just applied in a slightly different fashion.
Combination of: Nick Fury + Dum-Dum Duggan
Bucky Wong / Winter Soldier
Combination of: Wong + Bucky Barnes
- Bald of Awesome: Inherits Wong's shaved head, while having the badassery of both his components.
- Big Damn Heroes: Appears whenever Steve needs him.
- Cyborg: Has a mechanical arm like the Winter Soldier.
- Depleted Phlebotinum Shells: His guns are loaded with bullets laced with history.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: He's a cyborg ghost soldier in the present day.
- All There in the Manual: He isn't identified as Diamond Patch in his first appearance, besides Loki sarcastically addressing him by the name. The solicit for Infinity Warps #2 officially refers to him as such.
- Crystal Weapon: His claws usually adamantium are made of diamond.
- Eyepatch of Power: Wears an eyepatch at all times. Hence the name
- Fusion Dance: Of Emma Frost and Wolverine but notably weaker than both, since his telepathy needs physical contact and diamonds aren't nearly as indestructible as adamantium is shown to be.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Inherits Emma's fondness for expensive clothing, and can always be found in an immaculate white suit.
- Telepathy: By cutting his target with his claws.
- Verbal Tic: Uses Emma's "darling" to refer to people in place of Logan's "bub" (though with Logan's habit of leavin' out the "g"s).
'''Combination of: Jean Grey + Pyro
Reed Storm/Mister Invisible
Combination of: Mister Fantastic + Invisible Woman
- Sibling Team: With Hot Rocks.
Ben Storm/Hot Rocks
Combination of: Human Torch + The Thing
Combination of: Red Skull + Dormammu
- Ghostapo: A super-powered demon working for Nazi Germany.
Krimson Kurse / Algrim Vanko
Combination of: Crimson Dynamo + Kurse
- Came Back Wrong: He was killed by Malekith's elves, and revived as their servant.
- Composite Character: Aside from being a mash-up of the original Crimson Dynamon and Kurse, he also takes a few aspects of Wong-Chu, the Starter Villain for Iron Man in Tales of Suspense, who captured Tony Stark in the first place.
- The Dreaded: The elves are understandably nervous around Malekith's hulking servant, who could quite easily tear them to shreds if they back-talk.
- Mercy Kill: Stark kills him to free him from the elves' control.
- We Used to Be Friends: Algrim Vanko was Sigurd's friend, until he mysteriously went missing.
Combination of: Loki + Obadiah Stane
- Bald of Evil: Inherits Obadiah's lack of hair, and both of his original incarnation's evilness.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Of Iron Hammer, working with Malekith and Madame Hel.
- Cain and Abel: He's Sigurd's brother, and wants him dead, bad enough to have given up everything for it.
- Fusion Dance: Averted, actually. He should be a fusion of Loki and Obadiah, but since the actual Loki avoided being warped by Gamora, Stane Odison lacks any part of him, a fact he's actually aware of.
- Going Native: Hinted at. Despite being identified as Odinson, he dresses like a human, and speaks in the font reserved for mortals, rather than the font for denizens of the other realms. Subverted in issue 2, when it turns out he's human, having been adopted by Howard Odin.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: He ordered the attempt of Sigurd Stark's life, which just results in him becoming the Iron Hammer.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Dresses like a corporate CEO, rather than in typical Asgardian fashion.
- Tragic Villain: In a slightly different way from Loki, despite being genuinely loved by his adoptive family, he knows he should be part god and isn't, his jealousy driving him to make a pact with Malekith to take over Asgard.Stane: I should have been just like you. Half a god. Sometimes, I hear a voice in my head. The other half of myself, the one I should be merged with... But all I am is me...
- Villain: Exit, Stage Left: When his alliance with Malekith fails, he runs off, with none of the Aesir making an attempt to stop him.
Combination of: Malekith the Accursed + The Mandarin
- The Fair Folk
- Immortals Fear Death: The minute Stark has the upper hand over him, he begins pleading for his life. It doesn't save him.
- Kryptonite Factor: Like all elves, he fears the touch of cold iron. Such as that hammer Stark Odison has at his disposal.
- Ring of Power: Having already conquered the Ten Realms, he wields the Ten Realm-Rings.
- Energy Weapon: The Vanaheim Ring shoots blasts of pure concussive force (roughly the same as getting hit by a car).
- Frickin' Laser Beams: The Asgard Ring shoots Odin-power beams.
- An Ice Person: The Jotunheim Ring shoots a cold ray.
- Imagination-Based Superpower: The Nidavellir Ring shoots a "matter-building beam".
- Light 'em Up: The Alfheim ring shoots a white light blast, while the Svartelheim Ring shoots a black light blast.
- Master of Illusion: The Niffleheim Ring.
- Playing with Fire: The Musphellheim Ring shoots fire blasts.
- Shock and Awe: The Migard Ring.
- Super Speed: The Heven Ring grants a super-speed aura.
- Secondary Color Nemesis: Wears green, to contrast Iron Hammer's red (and instead of the red that is regular Malekith's preferred raiment).
- Weaksauce Weakness: The Ten Realm Rings give Malekith an impressive array of powers... but they need recharging after much use.
- Combination of: Hela + Madame Masque
- Big Bad Duumvirate: With Stane and Malekith, though Madame Hel is the one calling the shots.
- Cool Mask: Wears a solid gold mask that covers all her face, save her eyes.
- Dating Catwoman: At the end of his tie-in, she and Iron Hammer kiss, Stark reasoning that as a mortal he will always be courting death. Infinity Warps shows the relationship is still going on some time later.
- Femme Fatalons
- I Just Want to Be Loved: She's hated and feared by everyone in the Ten Realms, being the queen of the dishonoured dead.
- Karma Houdini: Suffers no real repercussion for her siding with Malekith, mainly because outside her realm she's largely powerless.
- Large Ham: Iron Hammer is written in the style of a Silver Age comic, but Madame Hel is far hammier than her fellow villains, bringing godly levels of ham with her in but a few pages.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's incredibly tall, nearly the same height as Sigurd Stark, and as it turns out underneath her golden mask she's actually quite attractive.
- Adaptational Villainy: Probably the one villainous example of Kamala throughout the Marvel multiverse. Well, sort of. She's not exactly villainous per se, just careless.
- In Spite of a Nail: Even when the Martian invasion is thwarted, Erik still tries to kill T'Challa for a different reason.
- Our Goblins Are Different: He's called a goblin but hardly looks like what most would consider one. More a green werebeast.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: He's supposedly a goblin but looks like a green werewolf. When he bites Norman at the end of the issue the curse not only seems to completely transfer to him but also leaves him less feral but still insane.
Combination of: Monica Rappaccini + M.O.D.A.M.
- Fun with Acronyms: The Maneueverable Organism Networked for Infinite Combat Aggression and leader of Hi.D.R.A. (Highly Destructive Radical Armaments).
- We Can Rule Together: Gives this offer to Scott Banner, a reference to the fact that M.O.D.A.M. and Monica Rappaccini have both been love interests to Bruce Banner.
Combination of: Baron Mordo + M.O.D.O.K.
Combination of: Doctor Doom + Galactus
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever
- Berserk Button: People not being appropriately effusive of his majesty. He'll either eat their planet, or turn them into Doombots.
- Large Ham: Finally, Doom has been merged with a being large enough to contain his ego.
- Not That Kind of Doctor: He has a actual doctorate.
- Weaksauce Weakness: DOOMACTUS HAS NO WEAKNESS!... well, okay, except his planet-sized ego. Moon Girl manages to stop him eating Earth by rigging up her universal translator so he'll only ever hear people praising him.
Combination of: Titania + Iron Maiden
Combination of: Master Mold + Mole Man
Combination of: Mystique + Lady Deathstrike
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Has Mystique's blue skin in her default form.
- Disney Death: Her encounter with Diamond Patch ends with her being kicked off a roof. Naturally, it didn't keep her down for long.
- Femme Fatalons: In her default appearance, the only major distinction between her and Mystique is her razor-sharp talon fingers.
Combination of: Uatu the Watcher + Professor X
Lunella Lafagreen, Moon Squirrel
- Gadgeteer Genius: She created a translator for squirrels. It can also be set to other things.
The Punisher Pack
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: The Power Pack kids, but with all the fury of the Punisher.
Dr. Morgan Erskine
Combination of: Dr. Abraham Erskine + Morgan Le Fay
- Exact Words: She promised the U.S. army a super-soldier. She just didn't specify as to how she was to go about creating one.
- Gender Flip: Usually male, but made female as a result of warping him with a (yet-to-be-identified) female character, possibly Morgan le Fey, or the Ancient One from the Marvel Cinematic universe, who is not only female but also was revealed to have used less than ethical means of magic. (MCU-Ancient One to prolong her life and Erskine to empower Stephen.)
- No Name Given: Until Infinity Warps Chapter 1, we don't hear her first name. It's Morgan.
Eitri the Dwarf
Combination of: Eitri + Ho Yinsen
- Cruel and Unusual Death: We don't see it, but the narration assures that the Krimson Kurse takes his time rending Eitri to shreds.
- Made a Slave: He was captured by the elves and made to work as their weaponsmith.
- Parental Substitute: To Toni the Grim of Asgard, being as half of him comes from being her father.
- Spiteful Spit: He spits in Kurse's face, as a last act of defiance.
Combination of: Heimdall + J.A.R.V.I.S.
- Benevolent A.I.: Serves as the AI for Iron Hammer's armor.
- Fun with Acronyms: His name stands for "Heuristic Enhanced-Imaging Macro-Digital Awareness for Logic and Logistics". He also summons the Bridging Interdimensional Frequency Rotating Outside of Space and Time, or B.I.F.R.O.S.T..
- Overly Long Name: Even Sigurd thinks his name's a bit long, and just calls him by the abbreviated version for short.
- Sensor Character: Thanks to the Iron Hammer armor having some fancy scanning tech, he sees all.
Howard Odin, Chieftan Executive of the Aesir
Combination of: Odin Borson + Howard Stark
- Badass Mustache: Has an impressive ginger mustache.
- Eyepatch of Power
- Good Parents: Slightly better than Odin was toward Loki, in that he'll openly acknowledge his love for his son. In fact, it's Stark being a jerk to him that prompts Howard to realise his son is a terrible person, and banishes him to Earth in the hopes of teaching him humility.
- Large Ham
The Warrior Machines Three
Pepper the Wise, Toni the Grim, Rhodey the Bold
Combination of: Pepper Potts, Toni Ho & James Rhodes + The Warriors Three
- Action Girl: Pepper and Toni.
- Age Lift: Toni Ho is a good deal younger than Pepper or Rhodey, having been in school when Tony became Iron Man. Toni the Grim is aged up to be a contemporary of her fellow warriors.
- Bald of Awesome: Rhodey the Bold.
- Fiery Redhead: Pepper, wise though she may be, is just as much a warrior as her companions, and takes Stane's betrayal just as personally.
Rick Fury: Agent of S.L.E.E.P.
Combination of: Nick Fury Jr. + Rick Sheridan
Man Thing Thang Thoom
Man Thing Thang Thoom
Combination of: Man Thing + Fing Fang Foom
Chris Powell / Dark Starhawk
Combination of: Darkhawk + Nova
- Composite Character: Aside from being an amalgam of Darkhawk and Nova, this version of Dark Starhawk also serves as a composite of Darkhawk and the Dark Starhawk that was created in Infinity Countdown.
- Dirty Cop: His father was a corrupt member of the Nova Corps.
- Irony: Darkhawk and Nova ended up being merged into one being immediately after the two of them ended their friendship in a very sour note.
Combination of: Star-Lord + Groot
Combination of: Hellcat + Kate Bishop
Combination of: Blade + Elsa Bloodstone
Speed Weasel / Gavril Kinney
Combination of: Quicksilver + Honey Badger
- Damsel out of Distress: In Secret Warps, she's abducted by the Mad Ghost. By the time Laura's caught up to the villain, Gavril had already freed herself and had been rushing about the planet looking for her.
- Genki Girl: Pietro's super-speed in the body of a preteen girl means she is ludicrously energetic at all times. She's apparently worse when she has sugar in her system.
- Kid Sidekick: For her sister. Soldier Supreme is unnerved by the idea of Gavril being in fights, but she's more than capable of handling herself.
- Magic Knight: The same as Weapon Hex.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse
- Super Speed: Fast enough to clear out a diner of every patron, including one who lived in another state, in the space it takes her sister to say "now".
- Wolverine Claws: As with Honey Badger, she only has the one claw for both wrists.
Hellfire 2099 / Daimon Gallows
Combination of: Daimon Hellstrom / Punisher 2099
Introduced in Secret Warps
Combination of: Spider-Man 2099 / Ravage
Combination of: Captain Marvel + Justice Peace
- Cool Bike: A flying, time-travelling bike, which is also wreathed in flames.
- Flaming Hair
- Superhero Packing Heat: Has a pair of pistols.
- Time Police: She's an agent of the Time Flight Authority.
Combination of: Iron Fist + Daredevil
Ghost Panther 2099 / Ava Cochrane
Combination of: Ghost Rider 2099 / White Tiger (Ava Ayala)
- Brain Uploading: The dying Ava Cochrane uploaded her mind into a Wakandan battledroid.
- Chainsaw Good: Her right hand is a hellfire-wreathed chainsaw.
Iron Hammer 2099 / Dargo Stark
Combination of: Dargo Ktor + Iron Man 2020
- Drop the Hammer:
- Inadequate Inheritor: He sold his stocks in Starktech to Amora Bain, wanting to be his own man.
- Powered Armor
Knightblade / Misty Brooks
Combination of: Misty Knight / Blade
- Afro Asskicker: Still has regular Misty's afro.
- Artificial Limb: Her right arm was bitten off by a vampire. She got it replaced with a cybernetic limb, which comes with a sword attached.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: She hates monsters, but seeing T'Challa cut lose with the Spirit of Vengeance, she figures it's probably not a good idea to keep attacking.
- My Nayme Is: Knightblade. The "k" is silent.
Soldier Supreme 2099 / Nico Cage
Combination of: Captain America (Danielle Cage) / Nico Minoru
- Blood Magic: When her blood is shed, she wields the shield of one.
- Legacy Character: To Soldier Supreme, among others.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: A magic-wielding super-solder / super vampire hybrid.
U.S.Archmage / John Kaluu
Combination of: U.S. Agent + Kaluu
- Anti-Hero Substitute: For the Soldier Supreme. The US government hired John to replace the absent Steven, but he was a dark magician who believes in the ends justifying the means, and went out of control.
- Bald of Evil: He's got Kaluu's widow's peak, and while not necessarily out-and-out evil, he's a massive wad.
- Beard of Evil: Has Kaluu's evil-looking mustache.
- Composite Character: In addition to taking aspects of John Walker and Kaluu, he's also got part of the William Burnside Captain America's backstory.
- Jerkass: Every bit the obnoxious and overbearing jerk U.S. Agent and Kaluu tend to be.
- Let's You and Him Fight: The minute he learned about Steven, he picked a fight with him, feeling there could only be one soldier supreme, and it was going to be him.
- Sealed Badass in a Can: He was trapped in a temporary stasis spell after going out of control. When Steven returned to this realm, the spell wore off.
Weapon Hex 2099 / Eisenhart Strange
Combination of: Hulk 2099 / Doctor Strange 2099
Combination of: Alchemax Corporation / Martians
- Aliens are Bastards: They ruined their own homeworld, then came to Earth in 2099 looking to do the same to Earth.
- Tripod Terror
Combination of: Baron Zemo + Umar
- Absolute Cleavage: Bears Umar's chest-revealing outfit.
- Fantastic Racism: Exactly what she is... isn't yet clear, but she looks down on "carbon-forms" (read: humans).
- Fur and Loathing: Retains Zemo's fur collar on her outfit.
Bushman the Hunter
Combination of: Kraven the Hunter + Bushman
- Character Death: He gets eaten by T'Chaka.
Combination of: Cameron Hodge + Belasco
Imus the Champion
Combination of: Champion of the Universe + Imus Champion
Combination of: Kingpin + Steel Serpent
- Acrofatic: Big built, but he's a master of martial arts.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Wears sophisticated suits, but with the chest open so as to display his tattoo.
Combination of: Machine Man + The Mandrill
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: A robot designed to look like a mandrill.
- Fantastic Racism: Has a disdain for "fleshy ones".
- Mind Rape: He uses it to make fleshy ones obey him. Doesn't quite work on Weapon Hex.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Weapon Hex slices him to pieces, causing the Mad Ghost to lament his death.Mad Ghost: Jerome - he wasn't like my other android apes! He can't be repaired! He - he was truly alive -Weapon Hex: Was.
Combination of: Red Ghost + Mad Thinker
- Large Ham: His brief appearance in Infinity Warps has him act like a very Silver Age villain.
- Mad Scientist: The hint is in the name. As is the army of ape-themed androids he has with him.
Combination of: Mephisto + C'thon
- The Ghost: Only mentioned by Baroness Umar as being her backer. Seen in the Weapon Hex Annual.
- The Man Behind the Man: Backs Baroness Umar and Red Dormammu's schemes.
- The Quiet One: He doesn't say very much (all the more unusual given one half of him comes from the very chatty Mephisto).
- You Have Failed Me: Soldier Supreme thinks that after he thwarts Umar's latest scheme, with Mephic'thon as her backer, he's not going to be hearing from her again.
The Skrullfire Club
Combination of: The Hellfire Club + Skrulls
- Rogues-Gallery Transplant: They're normally an enemy of the X-Brotherhood, but the Acts of War has them go against Green Widow.
Combination of: Ulysses Klaw + The Orb
- Artificial Limbs: His left hand is replaced with a sonic cannon.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Everyone rags on him for having an ear for a head, but three issues in to Secret Warps, and he's apparently still giving Arachknight trouble where all the other villains have been stomped.
- Body Horror: Has a giant ear for a head.
- C-List Fodder: Bushman doesn't think too highly of the guy, for the reason that he's got an ear for a head.
Wentigra / Greer Baptiste
Combination of: Wendigo (George Baptiste) + Tigra
- I'm a Humanitarian: After eating cursed meat, Greer was turned into Wentigra and given an insatiable hunger for human flesh, starting with her partner, Shirlee Carter. Turns out she likes it, too.
Herbert Blackheart Wyndham
Combination of: The High Evolutionary + Blackheart
- Abusive Parents: To Weapon Hex and Speed Weasel.
- Came Back Strong: Laura killed him... which just gave him the means to find even greater power.
- Demonic Possession: He created Weapon Hex to serve as his new body, and refuses to see her as anything but a failed vessel.
- No-Sell: As long as he has the Storm Sigil, he's proofed against any kind of magic. Just not all magic at once.
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: The Storm Sigil is made from the souls of future versions of the Punisher Pack.
- The Red Baron: Likes to call himself "The High-Devil's Missionary".
Combination of: Cyclone + Zzzax
- Rogues-Gallery Transplant: Normally an enemy of Little Monster, the Acts of War has him attack Devil-Fist instead.