open/close all folders
- Naruto's first use of the Sexy Jutsu. Even funnier is when he uses it on the 3rd Hokage...and it works.
- The infamous scene where Naruto and Sasuke accidentally kiss...
- Naruto wearing Kabuki facepaint for his graduation photo. And it took him three hours to decide on this!
- Any time the kiss is brought up again is an instant CMOF. For example, in a filler episode, a woman accused Naruto of having no experience in kissing. He felt admitting he kissed a guy would retain his dignity. Probably not the smartest thing he's done. Also, in a post-episode omake in which Naruto and Lee debate which of them would be better for Sakura, Lee points out that Naruto gave his first kiss to Sasuke, and Naruto frantically tries to cover it up.
- Rewatching the episode you may notice that this was preceded by a scene in the Hokage's office, where the new teachers and the Hokage are watching the class through a crystal ball. Or, in other words, the entire jounin core just watched Naruto and Sasuke kiss.
- In Shippuden episode 194 (a filler) Naruto and Sasuke have another kiss and this time its just as hilarious because they're glued together by the hands, falling over a waterfall. The water even makes a heart shaped splash! Sasuke's line is priceless: "Why is it always with you?"
- During the Fourth Great Ninja War arc, Kurama brings it up while musing that Naruto's also never kissed a girl.
- Preceding that, Naruto hysterically crying over Yagura's child-like appearance, and Yagura angrily saying he was grown up.
- The scene where Naruto pretends to be Sasuke to fool Sakura, and just as he is about to kiss her... he realizes he has to go to the bathroom!
- During the more comedic moments anything Kakashi says can be pretty darn funny especially the following from episode 4:Kakashi: (to Naruto, Sasuke, & Sakura) "Hmm, how can I put this? My first impression of this group...you're a bunch of idiots."
Naruto: Gee, I-I hope he doesn't mean me.Sakura: (blushing) Sasuke is so...hot.
- After they finish introducing themselves, Kakashi comments "Just as I thought...". In other words, his first impression was correct.
- Also: "Oh...me? My name is Kakashi Hatake. What I like...I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future...hmm...never really thought about that...as for my hobbies...well, I have a lot of hobbies."
- The above comment becomes much less funny when we learn of Kakashi's Dark and Troubled Past...
- And Sakura's response to Kakashi's questions: "I'm Sakura Haruno. I like...(looks at Sasuke) I mean the person I like (looks at Sasuke) My dream for the future is (looks at Sasuke) My hobby is (Fangirl squeal.)" Kakashi asks her what it is she hates and she simply states "NARUTO." while Naruto gets an upset/shocked expression on his face.
- When it's Sasuke's turn to answer Kakashi's questions, he responds in the most stoic way possible, "My name is Sasuke Utchia. I hate a lot of things and I don't particularly like anything. (Sakura stares in surprise) What I have is not a dream because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my clan and destroy a certain someone." (cue an awkward beat of silence with Kakashi looking unimpressed and Naruto looking horrified)
- Sakura's reaction to seeing Sasuke buried in the ground up to his head thinking that he's just a disembodied head.Sasuke: "And that's my partner?"
- Kakashi's "Sennen Goroshi" ("One-Thousand Years of Death") jutsu, which... turns out to be performing kancho (a Japanese practical joke where you shove your fingers up someone's behind) on your opponent as well as using chakra to send the opponent flying.
- The funny things comes during some games like the Naruto Ultimate Ninja, when you can have Kakashi do the "Sennen Goroshi" on people like Itachi Uchiha, Tsunade and even Orochimaru... Imagine those kind of people getting hit with such jutsu. The game can make that happen.
Land of Waves arc
- The Third Hokage explains ninja ranks and missions ranks to Naruto after he complains about being stuck with the easy tasks. When he's done, he realises that not only has Naruto lost interest, and is too busy thinking about what to eat for dinner, but Sakura, Sasuke and Kakashi are also not listening either and are more interested in Naruto's dinner.
- Kakashi realizes the "Mist ANBU" guy played them for fools.Kakashi: "Here's the truth: Zabuza is still alive."
(Naruto, Sakura and Tazuna freak out)
- Tazuna's extremely accurate descritpion of Naruto and Sasuke:"Where's that weird blonde kid and the one with the attitude?"
- During their tree-climbing training, Sasuke breaks Naruto's concentration by calling his name, prompting Naruto to angrily demand an explanation:Sasuke: "Well, uhm... You know... The thing is..."
Naruto: "The thing is what?" (thinking) That's strange. He never talks to me. What's he up to?
Sasuke: (looking incredibly embarrassed) "You.. You know... You asked Sakura for advice when she was here. So, what did she tell you?"
Naruto: (blinks in surprise, then grins) "I'm not telling you."
(Sasuke's face is beyond priceless)
- Team Seven are eating a meal together and Naruto and Sasuke are competing by having a eating contest. They both finish at the same time, give one another a Lightning Glare and then promptly throw up.Sakura: (pissed off) "Don't eat so much if you're going to puke it up!"
Sasuke: "I have to eat."
Naruto: "And I have to eat more than him. It's the only possible way I'll get strong enough to beat him."
Kakashi: (nods in agreement) "That's true. But puking won't help you."
- Naruto's reaction to finding out that Haku is actually a guy.No way! He's prettier than Sakura!
- This exchange from the Kakashi and Sasuke vs. Zabuza and Haku fight:Kakashi: "Hiding behind a mask... who does he think he's fooling?"
Sakura: *ahem* "Speak for yourself, Sensei."
Sasuke: "That's it. I'm taking him out. Who does he think he's fooling hiding behind that mask like some sort of clown?"
Sakura: "Sasuke, you're so cool!"
Kakashi: "Wait a second... didn't I just say that? She'll never change."
- Even funnier when you realize Sakura might have been subtly calling Kakashi out on his hypocrisy - after all, Kakashi wears a mask over half his face!
Chuunin Exams arc
- Team Seven's encounter with Rock Lee and Might Guy is a comedy treasure trove:
- Lee is smitten with Sakura:Lee: "Oh, Sakura...I love you!"
Sakura: "Aaahhh! Those eyebrows can't be real, nooooo! Your hairstyle is horrible, too, and those eyebrows are so bushy...you're such a weirdo!"
Lee: "You are an angel sent from heaven! (blows kiss, Sakura dodges) That was a good move, but let us see you dodge this!" (blows more kisses, Sakura dodges again)
Sakura: (thinking) That. Was. Too. Close. "Hey, keep your creepy little valentines to yourself! I was dodging for my life there!"
- When Guy's turtle appears:Naruto: (thinking) [Lee]'s talking to a turtle. And it's talking back.
Lee: "I am sorry. I did not meant to..."
Naruto: (thinking) Now he's apologizing to a turtle.
- Guy's Dynamic Entry. Made even funnier because even Sasuke gets Blank White Eyes at all of it.Guy: (with a ridiculous pose) "HEY! What's shakin'? How you doin' everybody? Life treat you good?"
(Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura freak out)
- Guy disciplines Lee:Guy: "Now, for your punishment. AAAA! YOU FOOL!" *Megaton Punch*
(Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura freak out again)
(some mushy stuff later, Guy and Lee hug each other)
Naruto & Sakura: (disgusted groan)
Sasuke: (thinking) How could I lose to someone that lame!?
(mushy hug continues)
Naruto: (after thinking it over a bit) "Actually, it's kind of sweet the way they're all huggy and stuff."
Sakura: "HUH? You've got to be kidding! They're both totally crazy!"
- Guy's idea of a punishment: Lee has to run 500 laps around the village.
- Note that up to this point, Sasuke is in constant Blank White Eyes mode, not phasing in and out of it like Naruto and Sakura.
- After Guy shocks team 7 by revealing his rivalry with Kakashi,holding a record of 50 wins - 49 losses ("That's one better than his"), he apologizes for the incident Lee caused:"I'm sorry for the trouble Lee caused you. Look into my eyes and accept my sincere apology. Also, notice my handsome, manly features."
- Lee is smitten with Sakura:
- At the written exam, the proctor explains that any wrong answer on the test would deduct points, and anyone caught cheating would lose more points. Sakura knows that Naruto will have trouble but believes that as long as she and Sasuke do fine, they'll pass. That is, until the proctor adds that anyone to reach zero points for caught cheating or wrong answers, their whole team would be disqualified from the exam. Sasuke and Sakura are naturally shocked and pissed respectively when they hear this, and Naruto just has a pained, fearful expression as he laments to himself, "I sense that two people want to kill me..."
- Naruto refuses to copy Hinata's exam so she doesn't get into trouble... and then immediately regrets it:
- Anko's introduction, fullstop. She crashes through the window and announces herself as the proctor for the second stage, then Ibiki informs her that she came ahead of schedule, like always.
- Sakura's angry face when she mentally compares Anko to Naruto.
- An easily missed line just after Anko retrieves her kunai from Orochimaru in disguise.Naruto: "Hey... I wonder if I could do that with my tongue!"
- Team 10 encountering Neji during the Chuunin exams never fails to amuse. First they try kissing up to him, then Ino tries to charm him into letting them go. Neither works, but Neji leaves them alone anyway: he wouldn't embarrass himself by taking a scroll from weaklings like them.(after they get away from Neji)
Ino: "Alright! Let's see if we can find some weaklings!" (laughs maniacally)
Shikamaru: (thinking) Yeah, well, I doubt that we can find anyone weaker that us.
- Guy-sensei's Big "OMG!" after being ignored by Kakashi. It makes him hilariously sound like Tarzan.
- Naruto's fight with Kiba: when Naruto accidentally farted right into Kiba's face and Kiba starts screaming because he had his sense of smell augmented...
- That moment is epic because of the perfectly-Played for Laughs mood whiplash. The epic fight music... then the sudden Record Needle Scratch and *brrp*... the audience shares the characters' disbelief perfectly.
- Kakashi chimed in with a wonderfully corny sentiment: "Who said Naruto had run out of gas?"
- As well as the other time he farted in Kiba's face.
- That moment is epic because of the perfectly-Played for Laughs mood whiplash. The epic fight music... then the sudden Record Needle Scratch and *brrp*... the audience shares the characters' disbelief perfectly.
- Gaara vs. Lee. Guy tells Lee to take off his Power Limiters so he can fight without any restraints. Hilarity Ensues.Lee: (after taking off the training weights around his legs and holding them up) "Ah, yes! That is better! Now I will be able to move freely!" (drops the weights)
Temari: (thinking) Oh please. He thinks he can get past Gaara's defenses just by dropping a couple of extra pounds of weight?
(The weights hit the ground, sending up HUGE clouds of dust. Cue everyone being very shocked)
Kakashi: (thinking) Guy, you are too much.
- And in one of the flashbacks, Guy remembers telling Lee that they're a lot alike.Lee: "You mean the eyebrows?" (a bit of a brick joke in the dub)
- And in one of the flashbacks, Guy remembers telling Lee that they're a lot alike.
- Jiraiya asks Naruto to focus his chakra. We expect something cool to happen,then:Jiraiya: (to Naruto) "You! You're quite sexy when you're naked."
- Even better in the english dub: "You know...you have quite a tight sexy little body."
- The beginning of Shikamaru's fight with Temari. He's seriously considering just forfeiting the match to save himself the effort - until Naruto wishes him luck and shoves him over the railing and into the ring below. The look on Shikamaru's face is beyond priceless.
Shikamaru: (referring to the crowd, who are throwing things at him) They don't care about this match; I'm just the warm-up for the main event. All they care about is Sasuke... listen to them, the jerks.
- His subsequent total blaséness at the beginning of the fight, where he literally cares more about the clouds and the fact that he's too honorable to hit a girl than any form of strategising, which is even more hilarious contrasted with the hyped-up crowd, which is eagerly waiting for another match because Sasuke can't be found and Kankuro forfeited his match against Shino.
- Ino: "Go for it Shikamaruuuu! Use a super-ultimate technique on her and take that b—— DOOOWWWWWN!"
- The end of the fight is something to behold. Shikamaru is able to amaze and exasperate the entire stadium at the same time. The "WTF" faces (and squeaks) of Naruto and Ino just add more to it.
- One of Kakashi-Guy's interaction in the Chuunin Exam is really hilarious:Guy: "Kakashi, I'm gonna be carefully watching your pupil to see if your training was any good. After all, I'm still your rival."
Kakashi: "Huh? Sorry, did you say something?"
Guy: "AAAAH, you make me so mad, Kakashi! Ooh, why did you always have to act so cool!?" -instant water wave behind Guy-
Invasion of Konoha arc
- Sakura meets Pakkun: she's not impressed.Sakura: "Wait, seriously. Our fourth member is a puppy?"
Pakkun: "Alright, listen up, little girl. Don't you dare go around saying I'm just some cute puppy."
Sakura: (thinking) But... I didn't even say "cute".
- Pakkun bites Shikamaru three times: first to "wake him" from the Genjutsu, the second time just for laughs and last to drag him along with the others.
- Sakura's depression at the fact that Pakkun uses the same shampoo as she does. She starts chanting "I smell like a dog" while blindly stumbling away.
- Naruto uses the Thousand Years of Death on Gaara. The look on Temari's face is priceless. Gaara himself doesn't quite seem to know what to do. Then it turns out Naruto used a kunai. Laden with explosives. "Boom." Even funnier since Gaara is half-transformed into the Shukaku.
- While on the subject, Gaara's full transformation is hilarious. The dub gives him a southern accent...Shukaku: "I'm finally freeeee!! Here I come, baby!"
Gamakichi: "Man, that is one funky demon."
Search for Tsunade arc
- Naruto initially refuses to go with Jiraya, Jiraya baits Naruto saying Tsunade knows a technique better than Chidori, but he'll have to take Sasuke instead of Naruto doesn't want to go. Naruto is instantly hooked.
- And flashbacks to Naruto actually trying to learn the chidori. Naruto only looks constipated while Kakashi looks on
- Naruto playing with the bells on a shrine. Cut to Jiraya talking, then when it cuts back to Naruto, there are now four of him, with two sitting on the others' shoulders. When Jiraiya tells him that even he was young once, Naroto is so surprised, the clones fall on him and he gets tangled in the bells and falls down the steps.
- Also Jiraiya's reaction to Naruto messing with the bells:Jiraiya: "Keep it up. You'll be cursed."
- Also Jiraiya's reaction to Naruto messing with the bells:
- And the little exchange between the young Jiraya and Sarutobi in the flashback from Jiraiya's bell training after Hiruzen asked Jiraiya to teach him the invisibility jutsu he's been using to spy on the women in the hotsprings...Jiraya: "Wow, Sarutobi-sensei, you're a perv."
- To say nothing of the Comedic Irony of Jiraiya taunting Tsunade by calling her flat-chested...
- Guy accidentally uses the dynamic entry on Jiraiya. His expression when he realises who it was is quite, quite priceless.
- When they end up in a town with the festival, Naruto shows Jiraiya his fat frog wallet since he's been saving up a lot of money. However Jiraiya gives him a few money, snatching his wallet saying he should not be breaking any of the three forbidden ninja rules which is Women, drinking and money.
- Problem is, once Naruto meets with him again...Jiraiya broke ALL three rules including using up all of Naruto's hard earn money. Adding insult to injury, Naruto had just bought some fried squids for the Pervy Sage. When he sees his emptied wallet, Naruto gets... distressed and starts raging on Jiraiya.Naruto: "I need a refresher! What were those prohibitions of yours again?! WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU?! YOU'RE BREAKING ALL THREE IN ONE GO YOU DIRTY--"
Jiraiya: "Wait, Naruto!"
Naruto: "WAIT, SCHMAIT! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SQUANDERED ALL MY HARD-EARNED SAVINGS!" (starts beating Jiraiya with the squids) "STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!"
Jiraiya (frantically) "I'm sorry! I' sorry!"
Naruto: "LOOK AT MY FROGGY! IT'S FLAT AS A PANCAKE!"
- Problem is, once Naruto meets with him again...Jiraiya broke ALL three rules including using up all of Naruto's hard earn money. Adding insult to injury, Naruto had just bought some fried squids for the Pervy Sage. When he sees his emptied wallet, Naruto gets... distressed and starts raging on Jiraiya.
- Naruto shows Jiraiya how he completed the first stage of the training then looks up... and sees Jiraiya has promptly fallen back to sleep. His expression is absolutely hysterical.
- Kabuto's thoughts after Tsunade smashes a wall with an Offhand Backhand:She's strong. And terrifying. She must be single, no doubt...
- During their fight, Kabuto can't determine if his attack on Tsunade's internal organs was ineffective because of her advanced ninja training or because her boobs are just too damn big to get through.
- As part of his attempt to get Konohamaru out of the Hokage's office, Naruto tries to entice him using the Sexy Jutsu (never mind the fact that the door's physically locked, this is a kid, or anything like that...). On the sidelines, Udon and Moegi absolutely freak at the sight of this.
- Just after Shizine starts to chew out Tsunade for flacking on Hokage duty, she notes the older woman engrossed in reading.Shizune: (freaking out) Lady Tsunade, are you actually studying!?Tonton: (same reaction) Oiiink!?Tsunade: Do you mind? I'm trying to concentrate here.Shizune: (spiraling from perceived OOC-ness) AHHHH! W-What did you say!?
Sasuke Retrieval arc
- Shikamaru distracting Tayuya so that Naruto can move on.
- Rock Lee is the Drunken Master! Kimimaro's reaction really takes the entire scene to new level of comedy.
- Just before the above sequence starts, Lee falls and is about to be cut in half — and he asks Kimimaro to wait "one moment, please". Kimimaro... waits.
- Even better because for the first couple seconds, it looks like Kimimaro doesn't know why he's obliging Lee.
- Just before the above sequence starts, Lee falls and is about to be cut in half — and he asks Kimimaro to wait "one moment, please". Kimimaro... waits.
- After Gaara saves Lee from Kimimaro. Lee thanks Gaara and tells him he's not one to hold a grudge, (very generous considering Gaara tried to assassinate him twice after their match, though he was unconscious both times and may not know) he then tells Gaara he can handle Kimimaro himself. Instead of arguing, Gaara uses his sand to grab Lee's ankle and trip him up to prevent him form fighting further.
- Shikamaru is in a pinch when Temari arrives. After asking for a detailed analysis of their opponent's skills, she proceeds to level the forest by summoning a sicle-wielding ferret.Shikamaru: (thinking) She doesn't mess around, huh? She's as subtle as a rhino. She might even be scarier than my mom.
Temari: (wearing a big smile) "Pretty good, huh?"
Shikamaru: (thinking) Oh, well. (smiles) This time I should be grateful she's so scary.
- When the squad is locked in Jirobo's barrier Kiba tries to bust them out with a Tsuuga. The wall rebuilds itself. He turns to Neji with the most "This is not my fault, you saw that!!" look ever on his face.Kiba: (accusing) Hey.Neji: (completely deadpan) I was watching.
Part I Filler Arcs
- Any of the Jiraiya in the hot spring scenes in the episode Kidnapped! Naruto's Hot Springs Adventure!Naruto: "Cannonball!!" (Naruto dives into the hot spring with Jiraiya.)
Jiraiya: "I can't say I'm having much fun here. Just me and the knucklehead... When is the mixed-bathing going to start?"
Jiraiya: "Well they're female, I suppose. But uh... The only problem is THEY'RE THE WRONG SPECIES!" (Jiraiya is surrounded by monkeys.) "This, uh, isn't quite what I had in mind."
Jiraiya: "Well I wanted humans and I got humans. If only... IT WASN'T A BUNCH OF FAT GUYS!"
Fat men: "Who you callin' fat, grandpa?!"
Jiraiya: "Are there any human women in this town? Ugh!"
Jiraiya: "At last I've got women and plenty of them. But still..."
Old Lady: "Aren't you cute?"
Jiraiya: (Surrounded by old ladies.) "I hoped for women who still had their own teeth you know! Ugh!"
Jiraiya: "Things just go from bad to worst. When they said mix bathing, I did not know they meant this (Jiraiya is surrounded by a mixture of monkeys, fat men, and old ladies.) I just need to be patient that's all. OW! My foot! OW!" (Everyone crushes Jiraiya in the face due to the lack of room.)
(Three young ladies come to the hot spring and stop when they see Jiraiya, scream, and run off.)
Jiraiya: (Delusional from being in the water so long.) "Must be hearing things, I thought I heard the women were here." (Sinks into the water as the episode fades out.)
- In the next episode, one scene features Konohamaru crashing into Tsunade and snuggling her huge breasts when he thinks they are pillows. Needless to say, Tsunade wasn't amused at all with this exchange. Also bit of Fridge Logic: since Konohamaru at this point reaches up to Tsunade's waist at most, for him to crash into her bust without falling on top of her, would mean that Tsunade was bending over on a corridor for no discernable reason.
- Episode 101, "Gotta See! Gotta Know! Kakashi-Sensei's True Face!", based around one Omake makes for the most bizarre episode ever seen. Hilariously jarring and weird, you can't help but laugh at it. Kakashi-Sensei finally pulling down his mask to reveal another mask under his first is just the cap to a truly random episode.
- In Episode, 137, Sakura sends Naruto out of the temple they're hiding in so that she can tend the injuries of another (female) ninja. A curious Naruto tries to sneak a peak through the slots in the door, and...Sakura: "NO PEAKING!"
- Episode 162. Naruto Wall Crawling on the Hokage Monument... dangling from the Third Hokage's nose by his right foot.Naruto: "HEY! LOOK AT ME! I'M A BOOGER!"
- The Gemno arc playing off Hinata's Cannot Spit It Out status for Naruto is so cute and hilarious:Naruto: "Hinata! You're the one I want!"
* Hinata gasps, Luminescent Blushes, and starts Shy Finger-Twiddling*
Sakura: "What the heck's wrong with you?! You idiot, saying stuff like that right now!"
Hinata: "I...never knew. I don't know what to say..."
Naruto: "I need you Hinata."
Hinata: "Oh Naruto, I never knew you could be so impetuous."
Naruto: *spots Neji* "Never mind, I'll ask Neji. See ya!" *leaves*
Hinata: "Huh?! Aw..."
- Naruto takes a bite of Hinata's rice ball and takes Oblivious to Love to a new level:Naruto: "Wow! Seriously, Hinata; you're gonna make somebody one heck of a wife!"Hinata: (Luminescent Blush) "One heck of a wife..."
- Hinata uses her defensive jutsu to block a cave-in while Naruto and Kiba are tied up. The effort tires her out and she collapses...so Naruto catches her on his shoulder:Naruto: (face inches from hers) "You holding up okay?"
Hinata: *Turns neon-red and faints*
Naruto: "...I guess not."
- In the Mizuki Strikes Back Arc, Kakashi and Iruka meet up in Tsunade's office (Kakashi is receiving a briefing, and Iruka is reporting in on the capture of the escaped prisoners). Kakashi pats Iruka on the shoulder, grabs Iruka's hand, turns it palm up, makes a few gestures, summons Pakkun on his hand, says words to the effect of "I'm sure you can take it from here, Iruka," and promptly disappears. Cue Iruka doing a "OMGWTFBBQ" confusion dance, complete with waving Pakkun around. Pakkun's completely straight face during the above is the icing on the cake.
- Not to mention, from the same arc... MIZUKI TURNS INTO A TIGER-MAN. The fact that that makes him extremely strong, fast, and all-around dangerous notwithstanding, HE'S A TIGER-MAN!! And he's grrrreat.
- In the Bikouchuu Arc, Team 8 come to visit Kurenai in the hospital (she got kinda banged up trying to stop the prison break in the the above-mentioned Tiger-Man Mizuki Arc). They open the door, Hinata leading... and Naruto is standing on/hanging from the ceiling, right there. Cue Hinata going beet-red from the fact that her crush's face is, like, four inches from hers (upside-down, but still...). Naruto, being Naruto, mistakes her blush for a fever-flush, and he innocently places a hand on her forehead. In response, Hinata screams and impulsively headbutts Naruto across the room, KO-ing him... and herself (what can I say; Naruto is rather hard-headed...); Kiba & Shino try - and fail - to catch her as she falls, and we see her out cold, still blushing and with a goofy little smile on her face.
- The middle of that episode is also priceless: While everyone was asleep, Hinata wakes up and heads to the waterfall to begin her training (surprisingly in the NUDE). Naruto soon wakes up to urinate but soon after he was done goes to the waterfall out of curiosity, and stumbles into her training. Not knowing who this person was Naruto tries to make his presence known only to slip and fall into the water alerting Hinata and she leaves not realizing that it was Naruto. The next morning, Naruto starts to tell the members on what he saw last night and note Hinata's reaction.
- That would be because her crush not only saw her naked but is also talking about how beautiful she is. At least this instance can be chalked up to something other than Naruto's obliviousness- he's arguing with Kiba over whether or not the incident actually happened, and since they're behind Hinata, neither of them can see how much she's blushing.
- The gang stops to collect some fruits, and Shino warns them that these fruits can grow to the seize of a human, but those should be avoided because they cause diarhea. Kiba briefly wonders who would be stupid enough to eat a human sized fruit...only to turn around and see Naruto happily muching on one.
- The way they fail the mission... By Naruto farting... Seriously... He farts and the beetle smells that instead of Sasuke's headband... Sakura's reaction to this makes it funnier.
- The middle of that episode is also priceless: While everyone was asleep, Hinata wakes up and heads to the waterfall to begin her training (surprisingly in the NUDE). Naruto soon wakes up to urinate but soon after he was done goes to the waterfall out of curiosity, and stumbles into her training. Not knowing who this person was Naruto tries to make his presence known only to slip and fall into the water alerting Hinata and she leaves not realizing that it was Naruto. The next morning, Naruto starts to tell the members on what he saw last night and note Hinata's reaction.
- Early in episode 152, Tsunade gets so irritated by Naruto that she throws her chair out the window. A few scenes later, Kotetsu and Izumo are seen lugging it back up the stairs. Izumo's head is bandaged and bleeding.Kotetsu: "Could've been worse; could've been a desk."Izumo: "You're hilarious, you know that?"
- The episode (episode 186) in which Shino laughs. Naruto and Shino's reactions are what make the scene pure gold.
- The curry episode. Neji + Curry = Win.
Naruto: Ah, Neji, it's time to head back, isn't it?Neji: Ah—yes! If we're late, Hokage-sama will be angry!(they grab Lee and vamoose)Lee: (futilely) No! Wait! The curry...!
- And at the end, while Lee is eager to eat more of the curry (which is a bright glowing red to emphasize how spicy it is), Naruto and Neji swiftly make up an excuse not to stick around.
- Ino being used as a body-double for the woman arranged to marry Elvis, due the woman's nervous eating making her fat. Once the ruse is ended, it's revealed that the ruse was never necessary in the first place.
Kazekage Rescue arc
- Naruto returns to the village with Jiraiya. Sakura and Konohamaru (along with Udon and Moegi in the manga ) greet the two of them. The "welcome back" is mostly normal, with Sakura thinking that Naruto seems to have grown up a lot, until:Konohamaru: "Sexy Jutsu!" (changes into a naked girl, making Jiraiya and Udon drool) "Well, what do you think? Not too bad on the curves department there, huh?"
Naruto: (laughs softly)
Naruto: "Konohamaru. I'm not that scrawny little kid anymore. And you shouldn't be using jutsu like that, either. It's beneath you."
(Konohamaru hungs his head in embarrassment)
Sakura: (thinking) Well, I'll be! It's not just the outside that's changed. I kind of missed the 'old Naruto', but you've turned out pretty well, haven't you? Knowing you, I bet you have a whole slew of incredible jutsu to show us.
(meanwhile, Naruto's smile is turning mischievous)
Naruto: "I MEAN, COME ON, KONOHAMARU, IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOT?! NOW STEP ASIDE AND GET A LOAD OF MY BRAND SPANKING NEW PERVY NINJUTSU!!"
Sakura: (still smiling) Right, like a new pervy ninjutsu...
Naruto: "HERE WE GOOO!!!"
Sakura: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!" (punches Naruto into the ground)
(Konohamaru, Udon and Moegi cower in fear and hug Jiraiya, who looks equally terrified in the manga )
(Sakura grabs Naruto's ankle, pulls him out of the ground and starts shaking him)
Sakura: "WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU PERVY LITTLE DOOFUS?!? WE DON'T SEE EACH OTHER FOR OVER TWO YEARS AND YOU'VE GOT THE NERVE TO PULL A STUNT LIKE THAT?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW THAT MAKES ME FEEL?! DO YOU?!?!? I DON'T MISS THE 'OLD NARUTO' AT ALL ANY MORE!! NOT ONE LITTLE BIT!!!"
Jiraiya: (thinking) That hot quick temper and monster strength! You've raised a Tsunade junior...
Naruto: (thinking) Yup... Sakura hasn't changed at all. She might even be more vicious than ever...
Sakura: "HUH?! YOU SAY SOMETHING?!"
- Naruto has a present for Kakashi:Kakashi: "NO WAY!!" (Dramatic Thunder in the background; Kakashi starts trembling) "Is that-?! Is that really-?!?"
(cut to Naruto's hand, holding the book "Makeout Tactics")
Naruto: "The first new issue of the Makeout series in three years" (Kakashi reaches out to take it, still trembling) "Pretty boring, if you ask me, but I know you like this stuff, so..."
Jiraiya: (pouts and turns away) Hmmf! Little idiot! But you can't expect a kid to appreciate great literature. People would kill for a copy! It hasn't even been released yet...
(Kakashi slowly opens the book, exclaiming in delight)
Tsunade: "Calm down! This is no time to be fooling around, Kakashi!"
(Kakashi closes the book and returns to his usual mode)
- Then, he tells Naruto and Sakura to take some time to rest before their training battle, overrules Naruto's protest and leaves without waiting for their reply. Tsunade and Shikamaru figure out that he was probably eager to start reading the new book.
- During their evalutaion training, Kakashi uses an Earth Style jutsu to hide underground. Sakura, realizing where he went, uses her Super Strength to shatter the earth and flush him out. Kakashi's reaction is priceless; one the few true WTF moments he has.
- Notice the heart shaped dust cloud next to Kakashi's right arm.
- How Naruto and Sakura beat Kakashi's bell test the second time: by threatening to spoil the ending of Icha Icha Tactics. Kakashi promptly claps his hands over his ears and closes his eyes for good measure.
- What makes it really funny? Naruto hadn't even read that far into the book due to finding it totally boring!
- When Kakashi and Chiyo meet for the first time, Chiyo accidentally mistakes him for his father (the legendary White Fang). So Chiyo charges at blinding speeds screaming like a crazy lady at the bewildered Kakashi that she's going to kill him. Thankfully everything is quickly cleared up a moment latter but, that look on Kakashi's face is priceless!
- Plus, when the misunderstanding is resolved, she starts laughing like a madwoman; cue WTH faces for everyone present.
- Guy is traveling with his team in the woods with Pakkun, and Pakkun and Lee ask him if he is ok after using the Gates, Guy laughs it off, saying he's full of energy... then while his head is turned he jumps head-first into a tree branch, knocking him out cold. Tenten then exclaims: "I don't know. He doesn't look so hot to me."
- Naruto + Kakashi vs. Itachi fight. Chiyo explaining the technique to fighting a genjutsu user with two people. The only time you'll ever see Chibi Itachi. Complete with DX expression as Sakura whacks him with a stick. Priceless.
- This priceless "analysis" from Guy about Kisame's sword, after they had been fighting for quite a while.Guy: "That weapon... it's yours, right?"
Neji: "Who's else could it be?"
Guy: "Ha! But there's a big difference between knowing and being absolutely certain."
Rock Lee: "Wise words, Guy Sensei! So simple and yet so full of profound meaning!"
Tenten: "Oh, give me a break. Do you get this excited about everything he says?"
Neji: "Forget it, Tenten..."
- That time Lee had his microphone turned up too high.Lee: (inhales) "TESTING! DO YOU READ ME?"
- Notice Guy's, Kakashi's, Neji's and Tenten's reactions to the microphone feedback: Guy looks like the Statue of Liberty while Kakashi looks like the Tower of Pisa.
- Guy tries to start that thing where everyone on the team puts their hands in the middle of the circle to get pumped up with Neji, Tenten and Lee. He puts his hand in... but no one puts theirs in until Guy grunts, then Lee puts his hand in. Neji and Tenten don't move. Guy grunts again, longer this time while looking at Tenten, and she (resignedly and obviously embarrassed) puts her hand in. Neji doesn't move. Guy grunts again while looking at him, but Neji still doesn't move and glares at Guy...who glares right back. The two then have a stare down of sorts, complete with dramatic lighting. Guy starts grunting again, louder and more intense this time and the camera angle switches to a wide-view shot of the forest around the four. You can hear Guy continue grunting on and off... and then you him chuckle as Neji puts his hand into the circle.
- That also counts as a good example of Neji being The Comically Serious.
- And then right after Team Guy departs, Naruto enthusiastically suggests that Team Kakashi should have a Team Hand-Stack, too. Sakura says that she would rather die.
- Gaara has fangirls. Their gushing over him is hilarious, and they even knock Naruto over trying to get to him. Also, Kankuro consoles Naruto, telling him that girls always go for the cool, silent guys.
- This tid bit is over-lapping into Iron Butt Monkey territory.[Tobi and Zetsu find one of Deidara's arms.]
Tobi: "Well, what did you know? Looks like Deidara is gone too. Blew himself to bits from the looks of it! Don't you think, Mr. Zetsu?" [Grabs the arm.] "There are probably body parts scattered all over here!" [Starts to laugh, but is interrupted.]
Deidara: "Get your hands off that, you fool!"
Tobi: "Hey! He's alive!"
Black Zetsu: "Where's the Jinchuriki?"
Deidara: "Don't look at me; I did my job."
Tobi: "Dear, dear, you must of had a close shave, huh Deidara? But you're in one piece? Oops, sorry."
[Brief yet awkward silence.]
Deidara: "Tobi, even the Buddha loses patience when insulted a third time. One more word and there will be no doubt about the cause of your death!"
Tobi: "You're just gonna bomb me to death, right?"
Black Zetsu: "That was the third one!"
Deidara: [Strangles Tobi with his legs. Tobi struggles for air.] "DEATH BY SUFFOCATION!!!"
- The "piggyback" scene (Shippuden 32).*Guy picks up an exhausted Kakashi and gives him a piggy-back ride*
Naruto: That's just wrong.
Sakura: Grown men playing piggy-back... it's almost creepy.
Tenten: Oh, brother...
Neji: (deadpan WTF face)
Lee: "What the? I get it...a training exercise!"
Guy: "So you wanna see faster? I'll show you faster! What's wrong, slow pokes? Can't keep up with me? Let's go!" *Guy runs off*
Sakura: It looks even weirder when they're in motion.
Lee: *bends over to offer Neji a ride* "Neji...?"
Neji: "FORGET IT!"
- And the continuation at the start of Shippuden episode 33, when Guy charges into the Leaf Village with a semi-conscious Kakashi flopping around on his back.Guy: "AAAAAA! NEARLY THERE! THE FINISH LNE IS IN SIGHT! VICTORY! First place!"
Lee: "AAAAAAAAAAA! ONLY SECOND PLACE BUT CLOSE!"
Izumo: "What kind of race was that?"
Kotetsu: "I don't know."
Guy: "It's clear to me that you need more training, Lee."
Lee: You are right and next time I will try to come in first."
Guy: "Well, Lee, I hate to break it to you but I have some bad news."
Lee: "Huh!? What would that be, sensei?"
Guy: "Just this: you did not come in second!" (spins around so that both Kakashi's index fingers point at Lee) "You finished in... THIRD PLACE!"
Lee: (reduced to stammering)
Guy: "You're forgetting I have Kakashi on my back. Technically, he came in second. Did you hear that Kakashi? You're a lucky man! But there's no need to thank me."
Lee: (scribbling in his notebook) "You have taught me yet another valuable lesson, sensei! I still have so much to learn!"
* Neji, Tenten, Sakura and Naruto watch in utter exasperation *
Neji: "I'll never get used to their ridiculous level of intensity."
- Sakura then suggests they take Kakashi to the hospital before doing anything else. At this point, Kakashi can only moan in consent.
- And the continuation at the start of Shippuden episode 33, when Guy charges into the Leaf Village with a semi-conscious Kakashi flopping around on his back.
Sai and Sasuke arc
- Naruto struggling to see Kakashi's face.
- Naruto trying to recruit someone from Team 8 on account of being shorthanded. In short succession: Naruto fails to recognize Shino, which irritates him, Kiba does not notice how much Akamaru has grown and needs to be reminded that he used to ride around on his head, Hinata faints from Naruto talking to her, Shino gets angrier that Naruto recognized Kiba and Hinata immediately but not him, Naruto calls Kiba and Shino lousy friends, and then right as Hinata comes to, Naruto tells her to just come with him, which triggers a Luminescent Blush followed by Hinata fainting again.
- Sai joins Team 7. Trying to one up himself, he literally adds insult to injury by immediately insulting Naruto, whom he had attacked earlier. Naruto tries to pick a fight with him, but Sakura holds him back and lectures him about importance of teamwork, asking him to ignore Sai's comments. A moment later, Sai insults Sakura. Guess what follows.
- What makes this funnier is that while Yamato tries to restrain Sakura, Naruto is crouched right next to them, waiting to see Sai get what's coming to him.
- While they're in the bathhouse, Yamato uses his scary face on Naruto while saying "There's nothing like it, is there?".
- When Naruto plans to peep into the female side of the baths, Yamato tells him of a time when Jiraya almost died. He had his limbs broken, shattered rib cage, and several ruptured internal organs. Tsunade was said to have done it. All because Jiraya did exactly what Naruto was planning to do (jump into the female side of the baths). Since Naruto knows Sakura was trained by Tsunade and is on the female side of the baths... cue Naruto getting Blank White Eyes, a hilarious Heroic BSoD, and the Ahou Crow.
- Besides, Naruto's fear from that initial ghoul stare from Yamato was broken by another "penis remark" from Sai.
- The implication was so terrifying for Naruto, he has a nightmare about it later in the anime. Every female character in the series is in towels and is ticked at Naruto, then he gets beaten up by them; cue him beating himself with a pillow in his sleep.
- Except for Hinata, for obvious reasons. She only had a look of slight disapproval and/or embarrassment on her face. Which somehow makes it even funnier, given Naruto's status.
- Since this is Naruto's nightmare, this shows that, even at this point in the series, his friendship with Hinata is close enough that he knows she could never hate him or get mad at him like nearly everyone else he knows. Given that she's the only person in the Konoha 11 who's always nice to him, which he wholeheartedly reciprocates, her reaction in his nightmare actually makes sense.
- Although then there's a mixture of Fridge Logic and Fridge Horror when you notice that Moegi, who's 12 years-old at this point, is also in Naruto's nightmare...
- Whenever Yamato puts on his "scary face".Yamato: "I WILL CONTROL YOU WITH FEAR. FOREVER."
- Sai's social skills need some serious work.Naruto: "Whatever. That drawing's nothing special."
Sai: "Yes, you're right. Just like what's between your legs, right?"
Naruto: *turns red*
- Even better, directly after Naruto turns red, Sakura quickly glances away and covers her a mouth a bit, with an expression that best says 'Ooo, low blow; best not comment on that.'
- Sasuke reacts poorly when people interrupt his sleep.Sasuke: "Is that really your excuse... for waking me up?"
(half the base blows up)
Kabuto: "Well, I guess Sasuke is awake. He's always so grumpy when he first gets up."
Kakuzu and Hidan arc
- Some of the exchanges among Kakuzu and Hidan from the Akatsuki:Kakuzu: "I guess it's not quite all over yet, is it? As you (Shikamaru) can plainly see, my abilities are countless. You'd be wise to retreat and plan your next move, that is if you're smart unlike my partner here. Just remember, all the battle plans you make mean nothing when the situation on the ground doesn't go as calculated."
Hidan: "Hehehe...huh? Kakuzu! What did you mean "unlike my partner here", huh?!"
Kakuzu: "Just what I said, you idiot."
Kakuzu: "That scar on your neck is embarrassing. Cover it up."
Hidan: "Hey, look at that; it's my headband! You went to the trouble of picking it up and keeping it for me? I'm touched. You're a pretty nice guy, Kakuzu, you know that?"
Kakuzu: "Shut up! Come on, let's go."
Hidan: "Hey! Wait up! Let me put it on at least! Come on, admit it. You like me a little, dont'cha?"
Kakuzu: "Either you shut up or I'll kill you."
Hidan: "You're embarrassed; I understand..."
Hidan: "That was pitiful. What happened there, buddy?"
Kakuzu: "You should talk. I wasn't the one who fell for a shadow clone."
Hidan: "Oh yeah...heh heh...right...you saw that?..."
(Kakuzu has just sewn Hidan's head back on.)
Kakuzu: "Watch the stitches, they'll break if you move too much."
Hidan: You know what, Kakuzu? Eat a dick.
Izumo: "What on Earth are we fighting?"
- Naruto faints from exhaustion after cutting the waterfall in two. Kakashi rushes to his side, asking him if he's ok. Naruto mumbles something -inaudibly at first, then a little louder:Naruto: "Go... Gotta get.."
Kakashi: "Wha- What's that?"
Naruto: "Gotta... get something... to eat..."
- Then, Kakashi and Yamato carry Naruto to Ichiraku. Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, the meal is delayed. Naruto looks more and more hungry every time they take the bowl away from him.
- Kakashi proves he can sweet-talk anybody by having Yamato pay for the food, saying that he's the only one of his juniors he respects as an equal. Yamato promptly -and eagerly- pays for everything. Kakashi flashing the V-Sign and Naruto snickering are the icing on the cake.
- Kakashi's "I'm really starting to like you." line to Naruto and Naruto's reaction.(Wind Style Rasengan blows up, knocking Naruto on his ass)
Naruto: Don't say gross stuff like that out of the blue, sensei! The jutsu I worked on all day got messed up 'cause YOU FREAKED ME OUT!"
Kakashi: "Uh, I didn't mean it like that." (starts walking towards Naruto)
Naruto: "HEY! WHOA! YOU STAY AWAY!"
Kakashi: (with a goofy expression) "There aren't words to express how I feel."
(Naruto starts backing away while Kakashi keeps approaching him)
Yamato: (thinking) For crying out loud, what are those two doing?
- Naruto (whose right arm is in a cast) is having trouble eating with his left hand. When Sakura offers to feed him, so does Sai. Naruto is not amused. Suddenly Kakashi enters and wonders what's going on. One explanation later:Kakashi: (attempting to feed Naruto with a ^_^ expression) "Here comes the choo-choo!"
- Konohamaru's infamous fanservice jutsus and team 7's reactions to them are hilarious, especially Sakura's nosebleed at the image of Sasuke and Sai.
- There's also Sai's deadpan response to the latter image: "Ah, it's me and Sasuke-kun."
Search for Itachi arc
- Suigetsu is freed from his water tank prison, where he wore nothing but his birthday suit. And then he starts following Sasuke around. Sasuke has to remind him twice to "Get dressed".
- There's also the scene in the restaurant/yoghurt place, where Sasuke gets (loudly) reminded of his status in the show.
- Karin beats up Suigetsu when he badmouths her (which is all the time); he just turns into water to avoid getting hurt.
- Pain and Jiraiya are having a talk, exchanging philosophies, until Pain's god complex kicks in. Jiraiya responds by summoning Gamaken and doing his introduction dance but, halfway through, Gamaken shifts and he falls flat on his face. Pain's deadpan reaction makes this priceless:Pain: "You haven't matured at all, sensei. You're just as clumsy as ever."
Jiraiya: "Come on, watch it, Mr. Gamaken! Don't jostle me during such a crucial juncture!"
Gamaken: "I'm sorry. I'm quite ungraceful."
- There's something truly hilarious about a nineteen meter tall toad proclaming that he is "ungraceful" while wielding a forked polearm and a teacup shilednote with unrivaled mastery, all the while performing insane acrobatic feats.
- During Itachi and Sasuke's fight, when Orochimaru sort of emerges from the mouth of a giant snake and spits a sword out, Zetsu regards everything with complete disgust:White Zetsu: "Always with the barfing stuff and coming out of snake mouths...he grosses me out."
- Sasuke's reaction to Itachi blocking his Kirin with Susano'o. He was definitely not expecting that to happen.
- Tobi. Almost every appearance he has is a CMOF, especially in Filler. That is until he drops his act as Tobi.
- When he dodges Sakura's attack: "Olé!"
- "Whack-A-Mole Jutsu!", which consists of Tobi (aka "the mole") popping out of the ground and hitting the Konoha shinobi on the head. With a stick. And not some hefty branch, but a little twig-stick with a couple of leaves on it.
- "Hidden Jutsu: Frill-necked Lizard!", which consists of Tobi hanging upside down while his cloak obeys the laws of physics- which it only does Magic Skirt after he makes the handsign!
- He then rubs the back of his head, and announces sheepishly, "Oh, right. That's all that jutsu does." Until then, the Konoha guys have been eagerly anticipating his technique.
- This becomes even more hilarious (sorta) when you know who Tobi really is, and what he ends up doing.
- Avoiding Kiba's Fang Drill by... stepping to the side. Kiba's facial expression is what sells it.Sakura: "DIDN'T YOU LISTEN?! THAT ISN'T GOING TO WORK, KIBA!"
Kiba: (dazed) "Passed right through again, huh? Dammit..."
Hinata: "Uh, Kiba, I think this time he just dodged you."
- It gets better. He didn't step off to the side. He skipped. Just to make it more humiliating and hilarious.
- Naruto's had enough of the weirdoes blocking their way. So, when Zetsu appears:Naruto: "Hey, you up there! Spiky aloe guy! Tell us where Sasuke is, right now!"
White Zetsu: "What do you mean by 'aloe'?"
Black Zetsu: "Ignore him."
Invasion of Pain arc
- Naruto tactlessly telling Kurenai to cut down on her food because she has gotten fat since the last time he saw her. A furious Shikamaru informs him that she is pregnant.
- Killer Bee's completely destroys team Taka while rapping non-stop. He even pauses in the middle of the battle to write down some lyrics.
- Ever wanted to read something from the Icha Icha series? Well, Kakashi gets roped into doing a sample reading for an investigation... cue near nervous breakdown.
- Killer Bee tricking Akatsuki into trying to seal a tentacle, especially when all of them are speechless until Zetsu's Split Personality starts to argue over if they should find it funny.
- When Naruto begins teaching Konohamaru the Rasengan, Kono just assumes he's talking about a variant of the Sexy Jutsu with a mental image of what you do for each stage.
- Then, He hits Pain with it
- Anime: most of the Naruto Vs Pain fight after Naruto goes berserk. It features hilariously bad animation. An example is Pain's face.
- When Naruto meets Minato in his mind, Minato and the Nine-Tails have a short exchange:Nine-Tails: "Fourth Hokage... COME HERE!! I'LL RIP YOU TO SHREDS!!!"
Minato: "Well, if that's the case, then I think that I'll just remain over here."
- Then, Minato thinks it's too loud and teleports himself and Naruto somewhere else.
- Anime only: when Naruto returns to the village after beating Pain, Ino is shown looking at him with much adoration and stating out of nowhere "I could fall for him." Choji's and Shikamaru's reactions to this statement are priceless.
Five Kage Summit arc
- In Karui's first appearance, she and Omoi argued over the possible reasons that they could have been called by the Raikage. Omoi thought he was going to be scolded for putting mayonnaise on his potatoes and for gaining weight; the argument started, however, with Omoi suggesting that Samui's back problems stem from her large breasts, which he mentions that Karui doesn't need to worry about. Karui gets pissed and responds by kicking him.
- Later on their way to the Hidden Leaf, Omoi warns Karui not to throw rocks because they could hit larger rocks and cause a chain reaction that would result in an avalanche that could wipe out Konoha. Predictably she tells him to stop being an idiot only to arrive just after Pain's invasion... The look on her face is priceless.Karui: "No. Way. I didn't do it on purpose, it was just a little rock!"
Omoi: "Oh, Karui... What have you done this time?"
- As Samui is asking their escort what happened to the Leaf, Omoi picks up a stone and shows it to Karui:Omoi: "Look, here's your stone."
Karui: "Stop! That thing had nothing to do with it!" (smacks him on the head)
- Later on their way to the Hidden Leaf, Omoi warns Karui not to throw rocks because they could hit larger rocks and cause a chain reaction that would result in an avalanche that could wipe out Konoha. Predictably she tells him to stop being an idiot only to arrive just after Pain's invasion... The look on her face is priceless.
- Kakashi decides to help Naruto and volunteers Yamato. Needless to say, the captain is less then enthusiastic about the plan.Kakashi: "Naruto, you go to the Raikage. Yamato and I will tag along as your escorts."
Yamato: "WHAT!!! No! No! No! No! No! This is a bad idea!"
Kakashi: "What, don't you even want to hear what I have to say before you make up your mind, Tenzo?"
Yamato: "Hey! You are not supposed to call me by that name remember!"
- Zetsu's enthusiastic HALLOOO when he bursts into the Five Kages' meeting room.
- The Raikage is a wrestler trapped in a ninja's body. Amazingly awesome, badass and also funny as hell.
- The Raikage and Sasuke are about to hit each other, naming their attacks:Sasuke: "CHIDORI!"
- Seeing the Susano'o fizzle out after its latest upgrade was priceless.
- The look on the Raikage's face when he found out that this whole affair (including losing his arm) was because Bee wanted to go on vacation.Raikage: "THAT GIANT FOOL! He used this chance to run off and play hookey? Unforgivable! He's going to get my Iron Claw for this!"
- During Sakura's infamous fake love confession to Naruto, you get reaction shots from the other ninja. Every single person present sports a Disapproving Look. Initially, Rock Lee and Yamato had Blank White Eyes and Lee was also face-palming, but they eventually sported that look too.
Confining the Jinchuriki arc
- Sakura's Oh, Crap! face and Nice Job Breaking It, Hero! moment (Sasuke had earlier cut Naruto with a poisoned kunai taken from Sakura):[Naruto suddenly turns purple and goes frothy-mouthed.]
Kakashi: "It must've been this wound..."
Sakura: "You mean that... this is... it's because of the poisoned kunai I used earlier?!"
Kakashi: "I'm afraid so... We need to administer the antidote right away, Sakura."
- As they're preparing to leave, Kakashi reminds Sakura that they "forgot something" back in the Land of Iron, confusing Naruto. Before they can explain, Yamato shows up and traps Naruto with a Wood Style tree prison.Naruto: (still feeling the side-effects of the poison) "I think I'm gonna hurl."
Yamato: "What do you think you're doing out here, Naruto? You're supposed to go back to the village with me. And you made a hole on the inn's floor. You made me chase you and apologize to the inkeepers again!"
Naruto: (sheepish laugh)
Kakashi: "Naruto arrived here just in the nick of time to save Sakura. But I guess you didn't send him over to help us out, huh?"
Yamato: (incredulous) "No, of course not! You ordered me to take him back to the village. I wouldn't disobey you!"
Kakashi: "I see. So, basically, Naruto out-foxed you and left you behind. Is that it?"
Yamato: "NO! Well, uh..."
- As they're preparing to leave, Kakashi reminds Sakura that they "forgot something" back in the Land of Iron, confusing Naruto. Before they can explain, Yamato shows up and traps Naruto with a Wood Style tree prison.
- Killer Bee returns to the Hidden Cloud."Yo, it's been a while Omoi, Karui! You've been getting by cheerfully? Carefully? Merrily?"
- Naruto, Sakura Kakashi and Karin find the drugged Kiba, Akamaru, Lee and Sai. Kakashi asks Sakura to wake them up and apologize to them for what she did.Naruto: "Wake them? Hmm..." (starts walking towards them) "Oh, boy..."
Sakura: "Naruto. It's my fault they're all fast asleep. So please, be gentle when you wake them, ok?"
Naruto: (lying down on the ground next to Lee) "Ugh.. I'm still sick..."
Sakura: "YOU'RE GOING TO SLEEP TOO?"
Karin: "Listen, isn't Naruto like this 'cause... Sakura, isn't it? Because of your poison?"
(Sakura pouts while Kakashi chuckles)
- Kiba, Lee and Sai wake up and ask Karin about Danzo's death, she refuses to tell them anything. They keep pressing her for answers, but the tension is broken by Naruto:Naruto: (muttering in his sleep) "Make it an extra large bowl of ramen."
Kiba: "I think it's about time you got up already!" (moves to kick Naruto awake but Lee restrains him) "Now tell us what's going on! JUST WAKE UP! NARUTOOO!"
- Kiba, Lee and Sai wake up and ask Karin about Danzo's death, she refuses to tell them anything. They keep pressing her for answers, but the tension is broken by Naruto:
- Kiba starts rambling about the situation, complaining about everything, until:Naruto: "Kiba! Just shut it; man up and stop whining!"
Kiba: "Hey, speak for yourself! You're the one who went on a rant, Naruto!"
Naruto: "What's that?!"
Sai: "Yeah, Kiba's right about that. You're way too simple-minded to be trying to form such complex thoughts." *laughs*
Naruto: "SAI!! What's your problem? When did you ever develop a sense of humor, huh?!!"
Sai: "Why, thank you."
Naruto: "I WASN'T BEING NICE!!"
- Naruto's and Kiba's expressions just make the whole thing even more hilarious.
- Karin telling her interrogators her "demands" (namely lunch). Ibiki's assistants actually start searching for a way to find the meal she wants before he tells them to stop fooling around.
- While we're on the subject of lunch, Shizune mistakenly thinking Tsunade (who's eating a lot to recover her chakra) wants to eat Tonton.
- Naruto suddenly getting Reverse Summoned to the Toad's Mountain before eating some ramen and accidentally eating a bunch of insects on a platter.Fukasaku: "Wow! I'm amazed! He just dug right in!"
(Naruto starts sweating as he tries not to barf everything up)
Shima: "Aww. you make me so happy with how much you love my arthropode cooking."
(cut to the scenery as Naruto throws up)
- Then, he gets another look at Shima's bug ramen and throws up again.
- What's the matter, Naruto? Frog in your throat? Storage time is definitely not a pleasant experience.Naruto: (thinking) Why my mouth? He's so slimy! This is gross!
(Fukasaku gives a flying kick to Gerotora, completing the storage. Naruto throws up again)
- The picture of Naruto in a lush island paradise surrounded by butterflies and two squirrels on the left coming from the Great Toad Sage's hint of where he'll find an 'octopus'. While he still has dribble down his chin. Now, don't ask if it's saliva or vomit -ignorance is bliss.
- Naruto mistaking a squid for an octopus. While everyone else is freaking out, Naruto is just counting its tentacles to see if it's really a squid, despite its rather obvious appearance. When the Eight Tails shows up to save everyone, Naruto counts its tentacles as well- all while stuck in in the giant squid's grasp.
- Later on, Naruto mistakes the same squid for Killer Bee on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge until he counts its tentacles.
- Naruto rapping. It might be terrible, but Bee finds it ok. Until Naruto blows it.Naruto: "Hey, Octopops! With those sun-specs you seem suspect!"
- The best way Naruto can think of to get back on Bee's good side? Harem Jutsu! It's knocked out even the Third Hokage and never let him down before...but Bee just shuts the door.
- In retrospect Bee is the only person in the series to no sell the Harem Jutsu, it's worked on everyone else up to and including god.
- Yamato: "Its great that Naruto and Bee have found such common ground, but, no offense, I hope Naruto doesn't pick up his rapping."
- Killer Bee telling Naruto to cut it out with saying 'dattebayo' all the time.Killer Bee: "Just shut up-ttebayo!" (grin)
- Killer Bee telling Naruto to cut it out with saying 'dattebayo' all the time.
- Bee explains what Naruto has to do to control the Nine-Tails' power.Killer Bee: (gesturing to a demon head sculpture with an open mouth on the wall) "Insert here so you can talk to your tailed beast in a special way. Inside this structure, you hear what I say?"
Naruto: "Inside there?"
Killer Bee: "Only those who've been chosen may enter this place. Put your head into this space. If you're a good man, respected, no darkness in your heart detected, the door will open. You won't be rejected!"
Yamato: "Look, Could you please explain all this a little more normally? I don't understand it."
Naruto: "No darkness in your heart... that means, I see... that's why at the waterfall..."
Killer Bee: (with what almost amounts to a Rape Face) "However, if there's any darkness in your heart, the doors will not part. You consent? And the statue will bite off your head and tear you apart! You content?" (referring to a few headless statues they passed by) "Those headless statues you saw on your way here are past jinchuriki whose hearts weren't sincere!"
Yamato: "This is too risky. Naruto, just use a shadow clone."
Killer Bee: "YO, CHECK YO'SELF! This is a sacred place, fool! Ya fool! And many generations of Hidden Cloud ancestors watch over it; tricks like that won't work!"
Yamato: "But still-"
Naruto: "Captain Yamato, The entire reason that I came here is to learn how to control the power of the Nine-Tails! I have to do this, I can't run away from it; it's important!"
(after Naruto gets in, he lets out a blood-curdling scream with Yamato in an Oh, Crap! moment then pulling out his "headless body"... and then)
Naruto: (popping out his head) "Only kidding! There was just a switch inside the statue. Sorry, couldn't help myself."
Killer Bee: (laughing his ass off) "What's funny is I did the same thing, too! Those statues is just there to scare ya fools!"
Yamato: (obviously pissed off) "BUT I THOUGHT YOU TOLD US THIS PLACE WAS SACRED! WHAT WAS THAT?! FOOLS, YA FOOLS!!!"
- When the Nine-Tails forms the Tailed Beast Bomb and fires it at Naruto, Killer Bee states "DON'T UNDERESTIMATE ME!!!!" (or "DON'T MIND ME!!!" in the english dub) and catches it with Hachibi, which eats the ball.
- Naruto mistaking Kushina as the nine tailed fox's human form and Kushina laughing in response and hitting Naruto while saying her Verbal Tic "Wrong, ya know!"
- And made all the more ridiculous by the fact that people used to accuse him of the same thing, for the same reason.
- Naruto being glad to see that his mom's a babe, realizing that because he has her looks he's hot as well, and wondering if her red hair would have looked good on him. Heartwarming and hilarious.
- Then there is Kushina telling Naruto how her nickname was "The Red-Hot Habanero" and Minato's was "The Yellow Flash", and wondering what Naruto's nickname is. With great satisfaction (and a sense that Kishimoto had this planned out since he decided on the character's appearances), Naruto says his nickname is "The Orange Hokage".
- Also, when Kushina's telling him about how she beat her bullies half to death, Naruto starts freaking out:Now I know why Kiba and Shikamaru always said that moms can be really scary.
- Kushina and Sasuke's mother, Mikoto, are shown speaking together, Mikoto carrying the infant Sasuke. Kushina asks about Mikoto's "daughter". Then, Kushina quietly asks her something:Kushina: "By the way... does it really hurt like they say?!"
Mikoto (pretty much sweat dropping): "Wow... so there's something that actually scares you! Shocking..."
Biwako: "Come, let's go, Kushina!" (drags her by the arm)
- Right after that, she is reminded by Biwako not to scream her head off. One Gilligan Cut later.Kushina: "IT HURTS, YA KNOW!!"
- Minato starts panicking at the situation. Made all the better by Biwako's comments towards him.Minato: "Umm... I've never seen Kushina in so much pain before that she's cried out like this. Is... is she really gonna be okay?"
Biwako: "Yes, she's going to be fine! Now forget about that and just stay focused on the Nine-Tails' seal!"
Minato: "Okay, but she's so...." (cue Minato's freaked out expression)
Biwako: "You're the Fourth Hokage, Minato! Now act like it and get a grip! Most men would have dropped dead from such pain long ago, but women are much stronger!"
- Right after that, she is reminded by Biwako not to scream her head off. One Gilligan Cut later.
- In a great example of Mood Whiplash, we see what Guy and Kakashi were doing right before the Nine-Tails was released on the Leaf.
- Guy approaches the "inner-reflection" waterfall and begins to hear a shadowy figure tell him how inappropriate his declarations about youth are. The figure tells him "know thy true self"... and then Kisame comes bursting out of the waterfall, fleeing Naruto and in the midst of changing forms.Guy : "Th-that thing is supposed to be my true self?!?!"
Guy: "It's a puffer fish! No, wait... Maybe it was called a porcupine fish."
- And then he punched Kisame in the face!
- Guy is confused by Kisame:
Aoba: "Well, there sure are a bunch of strange creatures living here, so I guess there could be... Is that really a puffer fish? They're supposed to be super tasty!"
Motoi: "Are all of you deliberately pretending to be idiots?!"
- Guy summons his turtle from the Chuunin exam because he needs its shell as a stepping stone... in midair. It was rather pissed about that.
- He even lampshades the fact that Guy has never used him since that first appearance, and apparently never used him off-panel in all that time either.
- Konan's flashback: Jiraya and his students dressed as frogs. You will wonder if Kishimoto finally snapped.
- Everyone has gotten free of Kisame's final booby trap. Might Guy is on the ground, paralyzed with pain due to the damage done to his body by opening seven gates. Naruto touches him lightly, and he screams, and Yamato then explains what happened. As conversations continue between the others, Naruto, in the background, keeps poking Guy and poor Guy is screaming from offscreen. Killer Bee also joins Naruto in poking Guy; Yamato tries to restrain the both of them.
- Naruto's official cover-up for being in the Hidden Cloud's Turtle Island is an S-Class mission of ecological surveying and profiling all its species. He and his teammates had a conflict over the gender a decidedly-female looking aardvark until Zombie!Deidara and Kabuto turns up to flip Turtle Island down and capture Naruto and Killer Bee. With all animals in the island knocked down unconscious, we see the aardvark lying flat on its back with a crudely-drawn penis.
Shinobi World War arc
- Sakura and Lee thought Guy was injured or something of the sort, when in reality, he knew that Kakashi was the captain of the 3rd Company: his company. His Eternal Rival has bested him once again!
- After Sasori and Deidara have been brought back to life, Deidara points out how Sasori's weak point is "a big bullseye in the middle of [his] chest".Sasori: "Do you wanna die, Deidara?"
Deidara: "I am dead, both of us are!"
(overhearing Deidara as he goes on another of his rants) "Sasori is gone but that loud one is still here. Clearly...
- Death just seems to have made Deidara generally funnier. Particularly amusing was him insisting to Tsuchikage that he had killed Sasuke, and Tsuchikage thinking, "Deidara has no idea what's going on..." Also, him yelling at Sasori for releasing himself from Edo Tensei was hilarious.
- Episode 263 of the anime, some random shinobi showing Deidara no respect.
- When Kankuro threatens to sew Deidara's mouth shut because of his rambling and ranting, he responds with: "No thanks, I'm not into S&M."
- Deidara meets Sasuke. Or so he thinks.Sasuke: "My business is with Naruto, not you."
Deidara: "Damn it, not that again! First Itachi, now Naruto?! You really don't give a damn about me, do you?!"
- It's made even funnier when "Sasuke" turns out to be a Transformed Kurotsuchi."Sasuke": "Your weakness isn't Lightning Style, bro, it's your ridiculous obsession with 'art'."
- In the fight with Kinkaku and Ginkaku, the brother have four legendary treasure, one being a fan. When they are beaten, Darui is seen wondering where it went. Much later, Tenten is seen using and thinking "This thing looks pretty sweet...wonder who drops it."
- And the next time we see her, she's passed out on the ground from chakra drain. After apparently killing Kakazu twice with it.
- Naruto's first attempt at turning into the the Nine-Tails. To say it did not go well would be an understatement.
- Before it gets really dark: Two ninjas urinating and comparing the ripples they make while an assassin Zetsu gets behind them.Peeing Ninja 1: "I gotta pee well this time! Next is my turn for lookout."
Peeing Ninja 2: "I pee better than you. Look at the size of the ripples my pee caused!"
Fake Tetsu: [The size of pee ripples...]
Peeing Ninja 2: "Hey, Tetsu, come pee too. You'll have to wait a long time for the next chance to."
Peeing Ninja 1: "Say, don't sneak behind us like that, Tetsu. You distract me. I can't pee properly!"
Fake Tetsu: "Then... Let's dye your pee... Red."
The Peeing Ninja: "Hey, hey..."
- Neji telling Kiba that his Byakugan is working fine. While looking at Akamaru.Kiba: "What the hell? You can't tell the difference between a dog and a man? Your Visual Prowess is supposed to be your specialty!"
- How did Sakura figure out that "Neji" was the impostor? "'CAUSE PIGS DON'T HAVE HANDS, YOU FAKE!!!"
- After Naruto and Killer Bee break through the Barrier Team's barrier, the Captain is on his knees and clutching a pillar, before stating:Captain: "It's no fair... They teamed up... No one said they could do that..."
- During the War, the Daimyo are in a castle protected by a shinobi division. We find out they are bored.Daimyo 1: "I'm getting rather bored of cards, too..."
Daimyo 2: "Aren't there any other games in here?"
- And YMMV on whether this is funny or Dude, Not Funny!, but then one of the Daimyo later asks "Can't they just calm down and talk things out?" While the people outside are fighting to protect him.
- After the Raikage and Tsunade intercept Killer Bee and Naruto:Naruto: "What? Granny?"
Killer Bee: "Wha... What... a.. Bra?"
Raikage: "BEE! GET YOUR EYES UP HERE NOW! HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THE HOKAGE!"
Bee: "Oh, no. Bro! I'm just shocked, that's all. I promise you I meant no offense. It's just that the Hokage juggs are definitely immense!"
- Even funnier when you remember Naruto tried the Harem Jutsu on him, he was unfazed, shutting the door. Apparently Tsunade's chest is just that eye-catching.
- Naruto's Mini-Rasenshuriken. Two itty-bitty chakra arms come out of his finger and make the attack, which flies with an adorable "woo-woo-woo-woo" sound. The result is...decidedly less funny, as it lops off Merged White Zetsu's leg. Who knew an attack could be Badass Adorable?
- The Second Mizukage: one look at him and you assume he's a Bond-type Card-Carrying Villain. You couldn't be more wrong. He's the emobodiment of Crazy Awesome, almost at Killer Bee's level. Plus, he's the nicest of the four reanimated former Kage.2nd Mizukage: (about Gaara) "Not having eyebrows makes a face more charasmatic... Oh hey, I don't have eyebrows either."
2nd Tsuchikage: "Then what about that wisp of a mustache, Mizukage?"
2nd Mizukage: "Hey guys, if you're going to kill us, start with the mummy here! I'll be more than happy to root for you."
- When Gaara traps him in a sand prison, the Reanimation programming kicks in and removesthe sealing tag before it can complete the jutsu. He's not happy at all.2nd Mizukage: "What? What's going on?! I'm totally ready to be sealed!"
- As he and the 3rd Raikage are surrounded by members of the 4th Company:2nd Mizukage: "Hey! Don't underestimate my jutsu! You really should stand back! For real!"
Shinobi: "For real?" (everyone takes a step back)
2nd Mizukage: "Here are my weaknesses! For real!"
Shinobi: "For real?"
2nd Mizukage: "For real."note
(Gaara decides to deal with Mu first, leaving the troops to stall the 2nd Mizukage)
2nd Mizukage: "Hey! What kind of strategy is that? [...]"
Gaara: "I can tell you have no desire to kill."
2nd Mizukage: "Of course not! That's to be expected! I can't stand being manipulated by some other jutsu user. That's why I want you to seal me quickly, Kazekage." (Gaara flies away) "Hey! Hey!"
Gaara: "Deal with him!"
Shinobi: "You can count on us!"
Shinobi; "Hey, wispy whiskers!"
2nd Mizukage: (twiching) "Whispy whiskers?" (gets wreathed in flames) "DON'T CALL ME THAT!I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE REANIMATION ANYMORE. I'LL KILL YOU ALL!"
Shinobi: "HE MEANS IT!"
2nd Mizukage: (calms down) "Man, this is awkward."
- He then encourages the shinobi attacking him, giving them tips and allowing them to retrieve their weapons to attack him again.
- Even so, by the time Gaara gets back, he's managed to knock out all of them!2nd Mizukage: "You know, I'm not trying to win here..."
Shinobi: "You're too strong for us."
2nd Mizukage: "Yeah, well... Still, you must seal me. Otherwise, I'll remain a puppet. Okay everyone, get up! Get up!"
- When Gaara traps him in a sand prison, the Reanimation programming kicks in and removesthe sealing tag before it can complete the jutsu. He's not happy at all.
- Ohnoki's face everytime his back goes out. Especially during tense moments.
- Naruto and Tobi run into each other... literally. As in: Naruto immediately headbutts him before even saying a word.
- This panel◊ right after Orochimaru is revived. The shading makes it look like Orochimaru has a mustache and a bit of hair under his lower lip.
- Killer Bee finds where the black rods controlling the reanimated Jinchuriki are and explains how he noticed them: "Take a look around Yugito's bosom / and you'll see that black protrusion. At first I thought it was just ni-OUCH!!"
- As if the Eight-Tails mega-poking Bee to not allow him to finish that sentence wasn't enough, there's also the facial expression the Eight-Tails has as Bee talks about Yugito's breasts and the Eight-Tails asks what the hell is he thinking considering they're in the middle of a war that will decide the fate of the entire planet.
- When the Four-Tails (an ape) reveals its name was actually Son Goku.Son Goku: "I am the Handsome Monkey King of the Water Screen Cave; the King of the Sage Monkeys, bestowed with the Dharma name of Son by the Sage of the Six Paths. I am Son Goku, the Great Sage Equalling Heaven ho haa haa!!"
Naruto: "Huh? What? Wait, which part was your name? Ho Haa Haa...?"
Son Goku: "Son Goku, you slack jawed idiot!"
- Eventually, as Naruto continues to be confused, the Four Tails just gives up and asked to be called Son.
- The Nine-tailed fox is a Tsundere. As Guy and Kakashi are about to be hit by five Tailed Beast Bombs fired point blank, Kurama sums up the situation and tries to appear disinterested, but...Kurama: "This is bad, no matter how you look at it. And you're a mess."
Naruto: (breathing heavily) "Idiot. Just watch me..."
Kurama: "If you want me to lend you power, I wouldn't mind doing it, Naruto."
Naruto: (breathing heavily) "You sure are talking a lot to me lately. I'm glad you want to lend me power, but before you do, there's something I have to say. Thank you for helping me with the other Madara. The extra power really saved me."
Kurama: "DON'T THANK ME! IT'S CREEPING ME OUT! I just did that because I'd rather deal with you than Madara! Besides, I could only give you a tiny bit of chakra because of this cage! I just wanted to see you fight a little more! That right..." (visibly perks up) "Just to pass the time!"
Naruto: "Hey! Why do you have to get mad when I just thanked you? You don't have to stop glaring at me, but you could at least work on your attitude! You're always like—?!"
(Kurama extends his hand for a fistbump)
Kurama: "Hit your chakra with mine..."
Naruto: "Are we going to play chakra tug-of-war again?"
Kurama: "Idiot! We don't need to do it this time. It's not like I have anything else to do. So we could if you really wanted to."
(Naruto smiles and bumps fists with Kurama)
- Naruto meets Yagura and mistakes him for a kid. Cue Inelegant Blubbering for Naruto:Naruto: "You look like you're shorted, younger and weaker than me. You must have had it rough as a Jinchuriki. Knowing how you went through that... And how you're already passed on... It's just so sad. You never knew the taste of good ramen or what it felt like to kiss a girl!"
Yagura: (at the same time as Kurama) "I'm the former Fourth Mizukage! I was quite distinguished! And I'm an adult!"
Kurama: (at the same time as Yagura) "Hey! You've never kissed a girl either! Actually... You've only kissed Sasuke."
Naruto: "NOOO! DON'T MAKE ME REMEMBER THAT!" (starts puking his guts out)
Yagura: "Hey, you're barfing way too much! What was it like to kiss this Sasuke?! I'm talking to you! Honestly, just like the Four-Tails said, you don't listen at all!"
Naruto: "Four-tails? Then, Son was here too?"
Yagura: "That's right..." (thinking) Finally...
- As the Jinchuriki and Tailed Beasts disappear, most of them just give their names. Yagura, however, refers to himself as the Fourth Mizukage. It's like he's trying to remind Naruto that he's an adult.
- After Tobi comments that Naruto mastering the power of the Nine-Tails changed absolutely nothing, Naruto rebukes him by saying: "I'm ahead of you because I just learned a bunch of difficult names!". Tobi's like, "Huh?"
- Karin's major mood swings over a picture of Sasuke.
- Suigetsu thinks on how he's the only normal person in Hebi/Taka, then Jugo asks why he's always getting between Sasuke and Karin. Suigetsu goes into a rant (With a scary face) on how he loves to cut things apart, and that's a vital part of who he is. Jugo comments how weird Suigetsu is. He probably doesn't get that it's a very unsubtle jab at him.
- When Sasuke and Reanimated Itachi meet, Sasuke complains about how Itachi always left him for "later". Itachi notes that we keep our natures and habits until we die...but then, he's done that already, so he might want to work on a new way for dealing with his brother!
- The revelation that Kabuto has trained to become a Sage like Naruto from the Snake Summons is nothing to laugh at. However, the tension is broken by Itachi of all people calling Sasuke a "snake expert" due to his knowledge of snakes when he was planning to kill Orochimaru. It's even funnier with there being a pause before saying it, as if Itachi added it in. Kabuto follows this up by saying "You can't beat me by just being a snake expert."
- Suigetsu being scared of a revived Orochimaru, hiding behind Kabuto.
- Despite its depressing mood of the montage of Obito's life before his "death", it also throws a funny bit of irony in. It is shown Obito fought Guy in the Chuunin exams twice. Back then, he got his ass handed to him both times. Flash forward 20 years later, it's Guy who gets the receiving end of the stick.
- Even better, Obito was late for the exams because he was helping an old woman with her bags, and got a candy as a reward. when fighting Guy, he prepares a jutsu...and chokes on that candy.
- As well as when he was matched up with Guy in a 1 on 1 fight. He presses Guy's Berserk Button by doing a thumbs down to Guy's nice guy pose.
- In the flashback explaining what happend to Obito, there's a bit of comedy when Madara says that Obito will need to help him.Obito: (Beat) "Help you with... bathroom stuff?"
Madara: (totally serious) "That would be nice."
- Also, Obito mistaking Madara for Death, come to take him to the afterlife and freaking the hell out. Mind you, Madara does look like the Death God of the Reaper Death Seal in his old age.
- It doesn't help that the first thing he woke up to was a creepy old man with a sickle for a walking stick...
- Which leads to a bit of Fridge Logic. This guy can use Mokuton (Wood Style), so why doesn't he just make a walking stick with it? Unless of course, he just wanted to scare Obito for the lulz, which may show off his weird sense of humor....
- Also, the two Zetsu prototypes. 'Nuff said.
Ten-Tails Revival arc
- Kurama's plan to deal with the enemy...or more accurately, the part where it looks like he intentionally got Kakashi killed for a second and Naruto freaks out at him. Kurama's little grin as he explains things is even better.
- Obito calling Madara out for not starting the Moon's Eye Plan right away because he's having fun watching the Ten-Tails rampage and flat out calling him an Manchild. Madara denies it, calling out Obito on his impatience instead, but is clearly having a Pass the Popcorn moment.Madara: "The Great Genjutsu requires time to summon the moon. They will interfere with the jutsu. Things will go more smoothly if we use the Statue's power to get rid of them first. Don't you agree?"
Obito: "Madara... You just want to test the Ten-Tails' power, don't you? That's why you deliberately... You're like a child."
Madara: "No. Brats are impatient, touchy fools."
- Kurama tells Gyuki to pass Guy over: Guy gets tossed, freaking out.
- Kakashi tells Kurama that the fox is acting like a captain. Kurama gets defensive, only for Kakashi to grin and says he likes the idea. Yes, the Nine-Tails is the captain of the heroes right now. That's character development!Kurama: "Huh? You got a problem with that?!"
Kakashi: "Nope... In fact, I feel kind of happy."
(Guy gives a thumbs up as he floats in the background)
- The heavily-hyped headshot Team Naruto set up ...being casually flicked aside.
- Something about Ino, she who is the most-bashed by fans for "not being strong enough" to be the one to take over Obito's mind for a few seconds so Naruto doesn't die right there is hilariously awesome.
- There is some good dark humor to be found in what looks like the beginning of a breakdown in Obito and Madara's Big Bad Duumvirate right when both admit they need to be working together or the Ten-Tails will rampage...
- Finding out what Hashirama's true personality is like. Learning that he was partially responsible for Tsunade's gambling addiction is hilarious.
- Hashirama's reaction to finding out Tsunade is the current Hokage.Hashirama: (gets depressed) "Tsuna, huh? Is the village okay?"
- He's been the Butt-Monkey since he was Reanimated. That's right, the "God of Shinobi" is the Boke to Tobirama's Tsukkomi.Tobirama: "Will you be quiet, big brother? I'm trying to talk to this stripling right now."
Hashirama: "But I—"
Tobirama: "Shut up!"
(Hashirama gets depressed)
Suigetsu: (thinking) So not dignified for the God of Shinobi!
- The "stripling" is Orochimaru. Only Tobirama could call him that with a straight face.
- Poor Suigetsu gets scared shitless of a pissed-off Hashirama. He even starts to melt into a puddle of water!!Suigetsu: (thinking) Now we're talking presence!
- Even Orochimaru is scared of this guy. His 'Oh crap' face is even funnier, considering who he is.
- Hashirama defuses the situation.Hashirama: "Tobirama! Lower your finger!"
Tobirama: "All right. Don't get your chakra so riled up, brother."
(Hashirama starts laughing while Tobirama pouts)
Hashirama: "Sorry about that!"
(Sasuke and Jugo stare in complete disbelief, wondering if this guy is for real)
- Hashirama's reaction to finding out Tsunade is the current Hokage.
- Hashirama and Madara's interactions as kids.
- Madara brags he can duplicate Hashirama's feat and make his stone reach the other shore. Cue dramatic preparation to throw, then... *splash!*(Madara and Hashirama stare in absolute silence; then, Madara snaps)
Madara: "Hey! You stood behind me to distract me! I'M THE TYPE THAT CAN'T EVEN PEE WHEN SOMEONE STANDS BEHIND ME!"
(Hashirama is completely freaked out, then gets depressed)
Madara: "Hey, don't take it so seriously... Sorry, I was just making excuses..."
Hashirama: "I... I didn't know... That you had such an obnoxious self-diagnosed neurosis..."
Madara: "I can't tell if you're a nice guy or a nasty guy!"
Hashirama: (laughs) "One thing is for sure! I'm better than you at stone skipping!"
Madara: "Want me to skip you instead?"
Hashirama: (gets depressed again) "S-Sorry... I didn't mean to upset you. To make amends, I'll let you throw me into the river. Go ahead, throw me."
Madara: "Do you even notice your own obnoxious neurosis?"
Hashirama: (little grin) "I just... hope I reach the opposite shore..."
Madara: "YOU'RE A REAL EYESORE!! GET LOST!!"
Hashirama: (waves goodbye) "Well then..."
Madara: "Wait a second!"
Hashirama: "Which is it? Why can't you be more clear?"
Madara: (taken aback) "Th-That's..."
- Madara goes to pee when, all of a sudden he... can't anymore. Cut to Hashirama standing a little further away, just to troll him.Hashirama: "You really can't, eh?"
Madara: "STOP STANDING BEHIND ME!"
Hashirama: "I found your weakness..."
Madara: "I'm going to throw you in the exact spot I pissed in!!"
- Madara brags he can duplicate Hashirama's feat and make his stone reach the other shore. Cue dramatic preparation to throw, then... *splash!*
- Hashirama narrates the peace the children of Konoha could now enjoy before suddenly interjecting that "they were able to live long enough to enjoy the wonders and horrors of alcohol."
- Suigetsu, after Sasuke, Juugo and Orochimaru decide to step to the battlefield, along with the revived Hashirama, Tobirama, Hiruzen and Minato, decides to bolt...only to get kicked in the face by an absurdly angry Karin, who is starting to verbally lash out at Sasuke...while beating the crap out of Suigetsu.
- It gets better; while Karin is still in the middle of, shall we say, "venting", Sasuke calls out the shortest, most half-assed apology possible for turning on her. Karin then immediately drops Suigetsu and begins gushing over Sasuke again, with only the most transparent pretense of still wanting vengeance.
- Just to keep the ball rolling, Orochimaru then makes a snide remark about Karin still having a "soft spot" for Sasuke no matter what, which she ignores, opting to rush up to Sasuke and snuggle into his side, which makes him lean back as far as he can with the most ridiculous "NOPE, DO NOT WANT" face possible.
- Orochimaru basically told Karin, "Hey I got stabbed by Sasuke as well but you don't see me holding a grudge."
- Hashirama's face when he calls for the Hokage to prepare to depart. He looked as if an epic song was playing in his head (the anime made that a reality), while his brother looks as if he doesn't want to be there —his heavy sigh is priceless.
- Hashirama, after spending the entirety of his revival playing Warrior Therapist, finally remembers that he has slightly more pressing matters to deal with."This plan of Madara's Orochimaru mentioned earlier...To erase all shinobi in this world... I don't know what it means in litteral terms, but—"
(Sasuke offers an explanation)
- Madara senses Hashirama is coming to the battlefield and completely loses his shit. When Hashirama finally arrives:Madara: "I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU, HASHIRAMA!!!"
Hashirama: (points at Madara) "I'll deal with you later!"
(Madara's gleeful smile freezes)
Hashirama: "I have to stop the Ten-Tails first."
Madara: (scoffs) "He hasn't changed a bit. We're never on the same page."
Hashirama: "After all..." (points at the Ten-Tails) "It's charging towards us..."
- Made even better after some thought: Madara sensed Hashirama coming and when the First arrives, he starts a dramatic "Now we fight!" scenario. Hashirama telling him to wait was clearly something he was not expecting. Given how he allows the Hokage to trap the Ten-Tails, he did exactly what Hashirama told him: he stood by and waited while Hashirama dealt with something more important.Hashirama's clone: "Now then, time to deal with you. Sorry to keep you waiting, Madara..."
Madara: "No. A clone is no fun. I'll wait for the real one to show up."
- Madara's Dynamic Entry when the Hokage arrived on the battlefield is even funnier when you remember that he was standing on a nearby cliff, watching the battle. He must have jumped high into the air to land on another cliff a few meters away from his original spot in order to make a suitably dramatic entry!
- Made even better after some thought: Madara sensed Hashirama coming and when the First arrives, he starts a dramatic "Now we fight!" scenario. Hashirama telling him to wait was clearly something he was not expecting. Given how he allows the Hokage to trap the Ten-Tails, he did exactly what Hashirama told him: he stood by and waited while Hashirama dealt with something more important.
- The general reaction to Sasuke saying He'll become Hokage. Even Shino is fazed! The anime gives him blank white goggles! Even ''Akamaru has the same expression!
- Naruto is the only one to not have a gross overreaction to that declaration. In fact, he actually looks kinda annoyed. That or he's taking Sasuke very, very seriously.
- Then you remember what Itachi told Naruto about being Hokage. People have to accept you. Furthermore, he also said that if he forgot his friends and tried to do everything on his own, he'd end up like Madara. Naruto is taking Sasuke's words seriously because he's concerned he'll follow the same path.
- Naruto's concerns were justified after Kaguya is defeated and sealed. Sasuke captures all the Tailed Beasts into miniature moons and plans to become a tyrant more or less. When Sasuke is explaining what his meaning of a Hokage is, Naruto recalls exactly what Itachi warned him about and attempts to warn Sasuke, to no avail. Naruto suspected this and that's why he took Sasuke's statement seriously from the start. He didn't want to take any chances and he was wise in prepping for this.
- Minato asking Sakura if she's Naruto's girlfriend. Naruto says "sort of." Sakura reacts as expected. Complete with Minato saying: "This girl reminds me... of Kushina...".
- Naruto is the only one to not have a gross overreaction to that declaration. In fact, he actually looks kinda annoyed. That or he's taking Sasuke very, very seriously.
- Naruto's absolutely terrified expression when Sakura shows off her Yin Seal. And then she throws her hat into the "I'm gonna be Hokage!" ring.
- Shino dissing Kiba for yelling that he's gonna become the Hokage (obviously to get attention after Sasuke declared the same thing) and basically telling him to shut up.
- Sai joins the fight in an epic way...and Sasuke's expression of confusion clearly shows he's not sure who the guy is or not.
- The demonstration of Ino, Shikamaru, and Chouji's epic jutsu showing it's like a yoyo.
- Suigetsu and Karin start bitching at each other, mostly with Suigetsu teasing her on how hopeless she is when it comes to Sasuke. Then Orochimaru deliberately (and ridiculously) ups his creepiness to scare them into stopping their argument and getting on with the task at hand.Orochimaru: "You two. Make it snappy. You're both weird. So stop fighting. Or else... (creepy expression) I'll have my snakes tie you up and crawl into your mouth" (hangs out his overly-long tongue) "and possess you." (extends his neck like a snake)
Karin: (thinking) You're the weirdest one among us all!
Suigetsu: (thinking) He's "weird" and he's "abnormal".
- Karin also says that only Sasuke is allowed to bite her. Suigetsu proceeds to quip that she's covered in bite marks from before Sasuke.Suigetsu: "Don't be so defiant, you denture mold model."
- Karin also says that only Sasuke is allowed to bite her. Suigetsu proceeds to quip that she's covered in bite marks from before Sasuke.
- Naruto and the Second Hokage's speak to each other for the first time.Naruto: "Wow! You can copy my dad! Old man with the face of the Second Hokage!"
Tobirama: "It's the Fourth that's copying me. Also, you should address me as the Second with respect!"
- Tobirama and Minato's interactions. First when Minato mentions using one of his techniques, which translated becomes "Spiralling Flash Super Round Dance Howl Participate Formula"; Tobirama admitted he would have laughed at such a stupid name if they weren't in the middle of a war. Later, when Naruto and Sasuke use their combination attack, Minato tries to say the name he made up for it, only to be told to shut up by the Second before he could finish.
- Naruto starts gathering more chakra while in Nine-Tails mode...and the cloak vanishes. Naruto and Sasuke's reactions really sell it. Even Obito goes absolutely silent. At this point, you can tell that Tobirama has just gotten so exasperated that he looks like he's thinking, "so this is my life now..."Tobirama: (to Naruto) "You're as goofy as your father. So much that even [Obito]'s dumbfounded..."
- Kurama greets the half of his chakra that's sealed in Minato:Yang Kurama: "Hey, other half! How ya been? Do you mind sharing some of your chakra with me?"
Yin Kurama: "To be asked a favor from myself feels a bit weird..."
- Tobirama's frustration when he tells Naruto he invented the Shadow Clone Jutsu.
- Sasuke's realization on how powerful Naruto has become.
- Naruto gets all fired up, activates Taild Beast mode and jumps into the battlefield. However:Tobirama: "Naruto! Letting a shout and showing off is all well and good... but don't tell me you've already forgotten that nothing other than Sage Jutsu works against him? I know you're not an idiot!"
Naruto: (freaking out) "THAT'S RIGHT!!!"
Tobirama: "You're a bigger idiot than my elder brother!"
Sasuke: (thinking) All that chakra is being wasted on him...
Minato: (thinking) Or perhaps this isn't quite the same feeling [like how it was fighting with Kushina]...
- Made even better because Naruto was the first one to notice Obito's weakness and exploit it.
- Kurama joins the others in mocking Naruto, remarking he he did surpass the previous Hokage... in stupidity. After having a good laugh, he explains that it's possible to merge Tailed Beast mode and Sage mode, since it already happened once by accident.Naruto: (points at Kurama) "HAAAA! You say that, but back when I was undergoing Sage training, you interfered with Gramps Sage's Sage jutsu, remember?"
Kurama: "That's because I had no interest in sharing the same space with toads! Besides, it really pissed me off that you would rely on Sage jutsu when you had my chakra."
Naruto: (points and grins) "You stubborn bastard!"
Kurama: "YOU'RE THE STUBBORN ONE! Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I'm willing to let you use both my power and Sage Power right now. What's stubborn about that, dammit!?"
Naruto: (impish grin) "You just can't be upfront about your feelings, can you?"
Kurama: (gets in Naruto's face) "YOU BASTARD! YOU'VE BEEN MAKING FUN OF ME A LOT LATELY!"
Naruto: (unfazed) "It's not like that... It's out of familiarity..."
(Kurama realizes he's no longer terrifying anyone)
- Tobirama constantly changing opinion regarding Naruto. The above was the third time he revised his opinion Naruto's abilities. The fourth time finally sticks: "Naruto might become better than Hashirama".
- After getting Ino to help him out with relaying a message, Hashirama is almost ready to ramble and reminisce with Tsunade, Oonoki and the other kage. Then he remembers there's a war going on. The Japanese dub is accidentally hilarious when Tsunade realizes who she's talking to.Tsunade: This feeling... OJIISAMA!!! (GRANDFATHER!!!)Hashirama: Oh, is that you, Tsuna?
- The looks on the Shinobi Alliance's faces when Hashirama has a flashback to the first Kage Summit. Their faces don't say utter despair so much as, "Not another flashback!"
- In the flashback itself, Tobirama shushes Hashirama in front of the other four Kage. "So not dignified" indeed...
- Minato's flashback had a moment of comedic gold, when Kushina gets worried if Naruto is not going to get enough attention from Minato, he'll become a bad child. The funny part is Kushina's image of a bad child perfectly describes Naruto's personality.
- Even funnier when you consider that Naruto's personality is very similar to his mother's.
- Without Neji around, Tenten realizes she's stuck as the Only Sane Man to the Hot-Blooded Guy and Rock Lee. The image of Neji winking while holding a thumbs up is just the icing on the cake.
- Only Madara could spit out and then throw away two of the Sage of Six Path's ridiculously-overpowered weapons without a care in the world.Madara: "Six Path's ninja tools? Useless!"
- And then TENTEN gets them completely by accident, when they slam her teammates face first into the ground no less.
- The part of Kakashi's flashback, where upon having to deal with Obito and Guy vying for the position of being Kakashi's rival, Kakashi himself word for word says "Fuck my life."
- When Naruto meets [the Sage of Six Paths in his mind, the old man first talks to him with some large wordplay and unwieldy Purple Prose, which confuses Naruto. Then the elder tries talking like a young person in Naruto's generation, including Totally Radical slang, which freaks Naruto out!
- When Naruto comments that his Totally Radical slang made him sound like an idiot, the great Sage actually takes offense asking if telling him that was a bit much, which finally got him to a point Naruto could understand.
- Also, Naruto thinking, "No matter where you are, you'll find old geezers trying to talk your ear off."
- Madara taking a twisted pleasure in the Night Guy attack, having half his bodly blasted off.Madara: "I thought I was a goner... You damned lunatic!"
- Madara casually flying by Kakashi and grabbing his eye out may bring Dark Humor to some, especially when reminded of a certain egotistical Saiyan Prince with a habit of saying "Mine!"
- Madara somehow floating in air without the lower-half of his body.
- When Team Seven reunites, it doesn't take long for Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura to start bickering. It even gives Kakashi a flashback to first meeting them as kids with Sasuke huffing, Sakura yelling, and Naruto sticking out his tongue. Kakashi looks so exasperated by it.
- The sight of Orochimaru under the influence of the Infinite Tsukuyomi is hard to watch with a straight face. What really sells it is that this is the first time where Orochimaru is shown completely and utterly stumped by someone he knows is better than him.
- Some of the Infinite Tsukuyomi dreams whip between funny and heartwarming. The funny highlights:
- Kiba is Hokage and declares a dog holiday.
- Choji has a girlfriend who loves food as much as he does and prepares meals for him. Even his father is proud of him. Problem is, Choji seems to eat her share of the food as well.
- Shino is riding a giant, terrifying bug. "I finally found a new species."
- Shikamaru is standing by Temari watching his father and mother argue while Asuma and Kurenai look happy. He just declares marriage too troublesome and gives up on it, which Temari agrees with.
- Ino has Sai and Sasuke fighting over her while her father laughs.
- Lee wins Sakura after beating the crap out of Neji and Naruto.
- Tenten finally gets Lee and Guy to stop acting ridiculous (they don't look the part, though). In the anime, she's trapped in the Road To Ninja universe. However, despite knowing it's just an illusion, she comes to like it as much as the real world.
- Temari is respected by her siblings so much, they constantly ask for her advice in a childish manner.
- Mei has finally found a man, and apparently roped the other Kages into doing the ceremony. Tsunade looked completely depressed.
- Tsunade is walking with Dan, who is Hokage... then has to yell at Jiraiya for trying to involve Nawaki in his antics. And Orochimaru was helping Jiraya!
- Kankuro's dream features his puppets transforming and forming a super puppet robot like Voltron or a Gundam.
- Killer B dreams of gathering all the Jinchuriki to battle Akatsuki and rescue a princess, Power Rangers style!
- Naruto & Sasuke vs Kaguya takes the humor to Refuge in Audacity levels. Naruto uses Sexy Reverse Harem No Jutsu on Kaguya, which actually works long enough for him to sucker punch her. The fact that he uses it to continue his Shut Up, Hannibal! speech is even better.
- Sakura's reaction to the the jutsu also merits attention. Kakashi and Kaguya are stunned, Sasuke looks exasperated, and Sakura...is sporting Blank White Eyes along with a nosebleed.Sakura: "Idiooooot!!! How can you use such a jutsu in this situation!? OK for me, but how can you think that'd work on a god like that?!"
- Then she sports an even more horrified expression/mental shout by the fact that, as she oh-so-delicately puts, "IT WORKED!?"
- Kakashi is stunned by the fact that the pervert jutsu of all things (nearly) managed to save the world. Then to top it off he wonders if Jiraiya's statement on Naruto being The Chosen One was Foreshadowing this all along.
- And the best part about all of this is that Sasuke listened to Naruto's explanation of this plan beforehand... and just went with it with minimal protest. This meant that even the reader couldn't see it coming, which is what really sells it. As does the sheer priceless "What the hell am I doing?" sweat-drop look Sasuke gives.
- The anime also adds some fun with the background music. One second it's playing epic music and then it just cuts instantly to dead silence after Naruto announces the jutsu, as if the band itself is surprised.
- The fact the Jutsu works on Kaguya is hilarious enough, but it wasn't because it got her aroused or shocked or anything. No, Kaguya's expression only be described as Huh?: she has absolutely no clue how to respond to it.
- Kaguya seems to be smiling right after Naruto sucker punches her from it. Even the goddess of the Narutoverse is Not So Above It All when it comes to the Sexy Jutsu.
- The reason why Naruto decided to use it? "Sexy Jutsu always seem to work on strong people."
- Sakura's reaction to the the jutsu also merits attention. Kakashi and Kaguya are stunned, Sasuke looks exasperated, and Sakura...is sporting Blank White Eyes along with a nosebleed.
- Naruto's shadow clone saysing: "There I am."
- Sasuke, of all people, being shocked by Kakashi using Susanoo after regaining Obito's Mangekyo via Obito teleporting from the afterlife to prevent Kakashi from joining him and Rin.
- When the One-Winged Angel is about to crush Sakura, Naruto tells Sasuke to save her. A Susanoo swoops in to her rescue, and Naruto congratulates Sasuke- only to find the Uchiha is still next to him."Nice save, Sasukeeeeeh?"
- When the One-Winged Angel is about to crush Sakura, Naruto tells Sasuke to save her. A Susanoo swoops in to her rescue, and Naruto congratulates Sasuke- only to find the Uchiha is still next to him.
- Black Zetsu sporting an Oh, Crap! and Gonk face when Naruto throws him into Chibaku Tensei.
- A bit of Dark Humor, but Kaguya throwing Madara up is somewhat amusing.
- Naruto and Sakura realizing that they have no idea how to leave Kaguya's dimension, which they didn't think about in the heat of battle.
- Naruto happily shouts to Kurama that he missed him while Kurama frantically denies feeling the same way and flips him the bird. No one buys it. Hagoramo even lampshades in humor Kurama's blustering.
- When Sasuke announces his plan to kill the 5 Kage and take over the world, Naruto's face simply says, "I'm getting real tired of this shit."
- The Epilogue is full of such moments.
- Boruto's doodle of the Hokage Mountain which Naruto's side is shown having a familiar the jolly roger skull of the Straw Hat Pirates doodle.
- Konohamaru scolds Boruto for defacing the Hokage monument... despite having done the same to his grandfather when he was Boruto's age for similar reasons. Naruto himself notes this and wonders if he should mention it.
- The fact that Tsunade looks even younger post-time skip.
- Sarada showing the same attitude toward boys that Sakura herself exhibited during the Land of Waves Arc so long ago.
- Anko's Sweet Tooth has gotten the better of her and she is now a portly gal as opposed to a limber one.
- Mei Terumi is still single.
- Kiba, a dog lover, flirting with Tamaki, a cat lover.
- Tenten's Satellite Character status is poked fun of. She is stuck behind the counter of a weapons shop during a time when nobody wants weapons because things are so peaceful. Out of Focus to the very end.
Part II Filler Arcs
The Guardian Shinobi Twelve
- Episode 55: this scene where Naruto calls Sakura ugly.
- Episode 60: After Sai jumps in to save Sakura from a surprise attack he gets injured in the process. Sakura is genuinely touched as she tends to his injures, unfortunately Sai reveals his seeming selflessness was just another attempt at "learning about feelings". Sakura is not amused and berates him by not being very gentle while treating his wounds.
- Episode 62: Sora is repeatedly warned by Sakura and Naruto not to provoke Tsunade. They enter her office. 3...2...1...CRASH! *Sora comes flying out and impacts the wall hard enough to break it.*
- Seems that Tsunade overheard Sora's words from outside.
- Later, Sora getting into a stand-off with Akumaru and Kiba gets mad. Shikamaru and Choji try to help Naruto defuse the situation, only for Sora to call Choji fatso. They begin fightning while Naruto steps in to break it up, only to be unable to. And then Rock Lee comes out of nowhere to join them in the manly fight, which is when Asuma and Shikamaru decide to break it up.
- Episode 63: During the after show special, we get drunk Asuma and drunk Yamato.
- A lot of the interactions between Naruto and Fuuka are this when Fuuka isn't causing Nightmare Fuel.
- When the two first meet Naruto is ready for a fight with her and jumps down from the ceiling, only to be surprised when Fuuka is already next to him and freaks out when she licks his cheek. Then when she spells it out to him she wants to kiss him he gets a nosebleed and shouts "you wanna makeout?!" When he runs away, Fuuka is surprised and disappointed that he actually turned her down.
- Fuuka catches up to Naruto and after pinning him against a wall she slowly starts to lean in for a kiss. Naruto freaks out and shakes his head trying to avoid it, only for Fuuka to suddenly clap his cheeks together with her hands, forcing him to stay still and pucker up. With a soft whisper of "Kiss of Death" Fuuka passionately kisses Naruto and he closes his eyes from shock...but after several seconds of kissing pass and nothing happens they both open their eyes and stare at each other awkwardly while giving confused groans. Then it turns out that Fuuka kissed one of Naruto's shadow clones and more suddenly appear behind her to taunt her. One of them mockingly blows her a kiss and comments that the kiss actually wasn't half bad. Fuuka quickly becomes angered at this humiliation, not too pleased that Naruto outsmarted her and managed to steal a real kiss from her.
- Fuuka having trouble with Naruto's Shadow Clones. As stated before she accidentally kisses a clone instead of the real Naruto, and after nothing happens it poofs away in the middle of their lip-lock. Later when Fuuka tries to kiss Naruto while he appears to be unconscious after she electrocuted him, she wipes his face clean and slowly lowers herself toward him, only for it to turn out to be a another clone and too poof away when their faces are only inches apart again.
- After Naruto cuts some of her hair during their fight, Fuuka angrily approaches him while saying how he will pay, and suddenly her eyes widen with anger and her hair moves on its own, causing Naruto's legs to petrify, trapping him. Fuuka instantly returns to normal and with a sweet smile suggests the two of them forgive and forget by kissing and making up, before darkly adding that as payment for the kiss she'll also take Naruto's soul.
- When Fuuka approaches Naruto for their second kiss she grabs him by the shoulders and leans in before the scene cuts away. When it eventually returns, she is now holding him gently by the cheeks and chin while he is visibly sweating in fear. Apparently she is taking her time getting comfortable after finally catching him, and he is so paralyzed with fear he doesn't even try to push her off him.
- When Sakura sees Naruto and Fuuka kissing she instantly starts yelling at him, as if he is kissing the enemy on purpose. She doesn't even notice that Fuuka is the one holding Naruto close, or that Naruto is glowing blue from his chakra being drained.
- During their fight in the Leaf Village, while Naruto is dangling from the roof Fuuka taunts him by saying he looks cute that way, and offers to help him up is he rewards her by giving her his body (essentially meaning reward her with a kiss).
- After knocking out Naruto with a strong punch, Fuuka calms down and remembers he has wind natured chakra and decides to stalk up. She leans down and kisses Naruto on the ground, and is clearly enjoying making-out with her unconscious enemy since it is taking longer for her to begin draining his chakra then their previous kiss. Naruto wakes up during the long kiss without her noticing, but instead of immediately trying to push her off him he stays still while trying to figure out a way to beat her. When he finally figures it out he gets her attention and breaks the kiss by grabbing her hair and pulling off a large chunk of it.
Hidan and Kakuzu
- Episode 72: Sakura, who's visiting Naruto and Sai in the hospital, overhears Naruto ecstatically dreaming (rather loudly, too) of being fed by Sakura. Her reaction? Take an apple from a nearby basket and jam it down poor Naruto's (who's still sleeping, by the way) throat to the point he starts to choke. Sai, still being the socially inept person he is at this point, misinterprets the violent action as Sakura and Naruto showing affection for each other because she's "feeding" him! And the kicker? This episode traumatized Naruto so much, when Kakashi, nonchalantly, brings in a whole basket of apples, Naruto recoils, trembling in horror, declaring out of fear that "he's had enough apples!"
- Naruto feels down due to all his hard-work with the Wind Style Rasenshuriken, ended up producing a jutsu that injures him so badly, Tsunade forbids him to use it. Because of that Jiraya invites Naruto to train under him again, and develop easier techniques, which Naruto eagerly accepts. Then Jiraya announces their first destination is a shared onsen to help him heal-up faster, ticking off Naruto, who knows his real intentions very well. Then Jiraya mentions he might invite sakura along, and Naruto suddenly has no problem with the idea.
- Sai has been ordered to keep his mission a secret from Naruto, but Naruto asks him a direct question about it:Sai: (thinking) "I read that when a person tells a lie, they avert their eyes. So I'll do the opposite." (sticks his face inches from Naruto while staring intently at him) "No, Naruto: I did not receive any new mission. You have nothing to worry about; just continue with you training."
- Deidara, whenever Tobi makes him angry.Tobi: "Ichibi, Nibi, Sanbi... boku wa Tobi!"
Tobi (translated): "One-Tail, Two-Tails, Three-Tails...I am the Ten-Tails (Tobi)!"
Deidara: *blows him up*
- Doubles as Hilarious in Hindsight after the Kage meeting.
- From the Three Tails Arc... Tobi is really pushing it this time...Tobi: [Points to a dumpling shop.] "Hey! Hey! Hey! Deidara look! A dumpling shop!" [Flops around like an idiot.] "Let's take a breather can we? Can we? We've been walking all day and I'm totally exhausted!" [Madly dashes to the dumpling shop.] "BWAAHAHAHAHA!"
—>Deidara: "You don't look that exhausted..." [Walks over to the dumpling shop and sits down next to Tobi.] "You act like a four year old sometimes, you know that?"
Tobi: "Ah, what's the rush? We're trying to catch one of the tailed beasts but we don't even know where it is. What's gonna hurt if we kick back for a bit?... By the way, which one are we after again?"
Deidara: [Annoyed.] "THE THREE TAILS!!!"
Tobi: "First we find them, then we catch them! Just leave it to Tobi, okie dokie?"
Waitress: [Hands Deidara and Tobi their dumplings.]" Here you go. Dumplings for two."
Tobi: [Bouncing in his seat.] "OOOOOH! These look tasty! Let's see, let's see!" [Picks up the stick holding the three dumplings and reaches for his mask. Deidara tries to hid the fact he's trying to get a peek under the mask. Tobi quickly turns around, crushing the chance of Deidara getting a peek.] "Oh! These are so good! The sauce is out of this world! Not too sweet, not too salty!" [Deidara takes a bite out of his dumplings in annoyance that he didn't get a peek under the mask.] "That really hit the spot, huh?" [Turns around and looks into the shop and spots a porcelain piggy bank. Tobi points to it.] "Hey Deidara! Get a load of this!" [Deidara looks at the piggy bank in annoyance and disgust.] "That looks exactly like your work!" [Deidara's patience runs thinner.] "Could it be that your art style is... A rip off?" [Tobi covers the part on his mask where his mouth is. Deidara fumes.]
Tobi: [Yelps and runs away.]
Deidara: "YOU'RE DEAD!!!" [Sends Tobi flying away with a smoke trail behind the poor moron; most likely, tried to blow him up again.]
- A little while later, Deidara's still mad at Tobi from what he said in the last episode...Tobi: [Sticks his butt out from behind a tree.] "If your gonna to cover yourself don't forget your butt!" [Deidara keeps on walking.] "Huh?" [Runs ahead like an idiot and hides behind another tree. Puts a finger to where his mouth should be behind his mask.] "Look at me! I'm like a school girl in love with her professor!" [Deidara keeps on walking.] "Wha-? Deidara, look at me! You're not still angry? Hey! Let's be friends and look for Three-Tails together!"
Deidara: [Turns around and glares at Tobi.] "UGH! GO AWAY!"
Tobi: [Flinches.] "Aw come on! If we don't get to work, the others will chew us out! Cut me some slack, will you? Hey I know, I will let you take a peek under my mask!"
Deidara: "I said get lost."
Tobi: "Deidara! If you keep acting so mean, I might leave for real! Aww... Guess I have no choice, I will just go search on my lonesome!" [Deidara and Tobi go down separate roads.]
- A little while later, Deidara's still mad at Tobi from what he said in the last episode...
The Past: The Hidden Leaf Village
- In episode 179, we see that Kakashi was following Team 7 before their first meeting. After the whole "bad milk incident", Naruto follows Sasuke to fight him for making Sakura sad. Near the end of the fight Naruto tries the Sexy Jutsu on Sasuke, who doesn't even blink. When Naruto attacks him thinking he is shocked, Sasuke uses a wire to throw a shuriken into Naruto's butt.
- In episode 181, Sasuke is attacked by an ostrich. Just as surreal as it sounds. See it here (and here for in English).
- Said Ostrich returns in another episode called "Animal District" where it has learned some ninjutsu and calls itself "Condor" (despite being an ostrich as pointed out by Naruto). It now views Naruto as a rival in its bid for freedom and hijinx ensue when it takes over an old training area. Highlights of the episode include Shino freaking out when his bugs are eaten again and again and Rock Lee fighting a boxing kangaroo and its offspring that's just as good a boxer and hiding in its parent's pouch.
- Episode 183 has Naruto catching a cold. While it might not be funny in itself, the fact that the splayed snot is colored white (with Sakura as the usual victim) suggests something more perverted. Moreover, when Sakura fell down ill, her spasms seem to suggest Naruto did something far more perverted.
- Or for that matter, deploying an entire shinobi unit to quarantine Naruto (toss injections on him as if they were kunai) only seem to set the funny mood of this filler. This is even before we get past the opening credits!
- Episode 189: The assault on the cat fortress. ALL OF IT. Except the oddly depressing flashbacks to Sasuke and Itachi as little kids.
- Episode 194: There's your daily recommended dose of shy!Hinata Ship Tease, but you get a sense of how this episode is going to play out once Naruto reveals that he's afraid of ghosts.Naruto: (Super-Deformed) Kubisaki Pass?! Doesn't that mean "Broken Neck"?! I knew this was going to be trouble!
Tsunade: (Suddenly SHOUTING! Demon Head) Idiot! A ninja doesn't get scared by Things That Go "Bump" in the Night! Now Get Out! of my office!
Naruto: (starts running) I'll take my chances with the ghost!
Kiba: (starts running) Later!
Hinata: (starts running) Alright then, goodbye! (closes door politely as they leave)
- In episode 196, "Drive Towards Darkness". Naruto spends most of the show trying to pose as Sasuke in order to keep the young girl there escorting happy. So we're treated to "Sasuke" walking around and acting like a goofball for almost the entire episode, it was actually quite refreshing.
Paradise Life on a Boat
- Episode 236: Team 8 goes to a hot spring. As Kurenai and Hinata enjoy themselves in the women's section, they hear Kiba screaming in horror because the hot water caused all of Shino's pores to open and release his insects into the water.
The Taming of Nine-Tails and Fateful Encounters
- Episode 271, a tie-in with the Road to Ninja movie gives us these lines:Sakura (who currently has amnesia,): *staring at Tsunade's chest* "Have they always been that huge? *poke* Did you do something to make them bigger?"
Tsunade: "These are a blessing from heaven! I've always had them!"
- A similar incident happens with Shizune just a few later...Shizune: "You shouldn't have done that, Tsunade-sama!" *inspecting Sakura's head* "Are you alright, Sakura?"
Sakura: *stares intently at Shizune's chest* "Underdeveloped..."
- Note that Sakura gets smacked in the head for both comments.
- In the same episode, Ino tries to help Sakura get her memories back with the help of Konoha 12 (minus Naruto, who probably would be in the RTN world and Sasuke, for obvious angsty reasons) by making them all act like how Sakura remembers them. The results are a lamenting Kiba (who has to wear cat ears and paws), a tortured Shino (who watches as Venus Fly Traps kill his insects), a Reluctant Hinata in a Chinese outfit (Just... look), Neji loudly questioning why he has to be blindfolded and tied to a pole, and Shikamaru doing the most awkward smile of all awkward smiles.
- Fridge Logic: What point is served by blindfolding a Byakugan user?
- Neji and Lee are tied to the same pole. Neji's exasperation at the situation is hilarious.Neji: "What have I ever done? This is absolutely outrageous!"
- A similar incident happens with Shizune just a few later...
- The scene of Bee training Naruto to make a Tailed Beast Ball which devolves into a tennis match with them using tentacles and aura to throw it at each other until it explodes.
The Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist
- Episode 279: Team 8 wanting to destroy the Zetsu army, for the apparent Noodle Incidents only he knows.
Kakashi's Anbu Arc
- Episode 353, Yukimi and Kinoe (Yamato) partaking in the food and entertainment in a small town. It's adorable watching Yukimi turning into smoke and possessing people just so she can eat their food, all while an exasperated Kinoe looks on.
- Yukimi possessing a man during an eating contest. She wins and gives Kinoe the winners trophy, Kinoe is not thrilled.
Naruto vs Mecha Naruto episodes
- The way the characters are defeated by Mecha Naruto follows with dramatic memes. Especially Yamato, who pukes rainbows and flies to space.
- "Team 7 Acting Team Leader Captain Yamato: Atmospheric Breakthrough."
- Kakashi's battle against Mecha Naruto: He couldn't copy Mecha Naruto's arsenal and got blasted off.
- "Team 7 Team Leader Kakashi Hatake: Nothing good about him."
- And Jiraiya getting swallowed by Orochimaru's summon snake. The result: A big pile of pink... stuff.
- "The Sage, Jiraiya: P@@P"
In Naruto's Footsteps: The Friends' Paths
- Episode 413: Most of what Fū does qualifies, but the scene where she meets Kakuzu and Hidan takes the cake, especially when she casually mentions having heard of his killing of their village elders with a big smile on her face.
- Hidan: Kakuzu... Is she stupid?
- She follows it up by walking over to Kakuzu and suggesting they'd start out as casual acquaintances over tea. You can almost hear the exasperated sigh as Kakuzu proceeds to explain that he did not seek her out to become her friend
- Episode: 427: Sakura Megaton Punching Sasuke into a wall◊ after the latter tries to flirt with Tenten.note
- The introduction of Team 7. Sasuke is a huge playboy, Narutonote is serious and composed, and Sakura is blushing while looking longingly at Naruto. She also has regular Cat Fights with an aggressive Hinata over which one Naruto likes most -much to his annoyance. Talk about a complete role reversal.
- Team Guy's introduction is also good for a few laughs. Neji, with his Byakugan activated, scolds Tenten for her choice of sports bra. Tenten reacts in horror. Meanwhile Lee, who's wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops, has shaven his eyebrows and is acting 'cool'.
- Killer B's quest to unite all Jinchuriki and rescue a princess from the Akatsuki, Power Rangers style!
Post War Arcs
The New EraWarning: Every SPOILER from the manga is unmarked. Read at your own peril.
The Last: Naruto the Movie
The Day Naruto Became Hokage
- Naruto's attempt to bring Himawari to her sense when Boruto accidentally pissed her off promptly results in a one-shot knockout to the gut from the Pint-Sized Powerhouse who used Gentle Fist to catch him off-guard. In the animation, this is exacerbated by a squeaking noise as it cuts to Kurama feeling the blow too.
- Shortly thereafter, Boruto is hiding for dear life in a closet as Himawari is practically playing cat-and-mouse with him. What is initially a mix of Black Comedy and raw Nightmare Fuel suddenly veers off a cliff into Mood Whiplash again when it's noted by the narration (by Hinata in the animation) that the Byakugan can see through walls, meaning Boruto was doomed from the start.
Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring Month
A spin-off miniseries about the next generation of ninja, the children of the Konoha 12. It focuses on Sarada Uchiha, who finds herself having questions about her family.
See Naruto Gaiden
Boruto: the Movie
A spin-off movie focusing on Boruto Uzumaki and his quest to surpass his father, the legendary hero and Seventh Hokage, Naruto.
Boruto: Naruto Next Generation
A spin-off sequel focusing on Boruto Uzumaki that takes place before and after the events of Boruto: Naruto the Movie.
- Jiraiya. Possibly the funniest character in the whole series, everything he makes is either amazingly funny or heroic, or even both. Especially Naruto's reactions to his constant peeping and stalking on women.
- "When you've reached the stature I have... THE LADIES... KNEEL AND WORSHIP... AT YOUR AWESOMENESS!!!" note
- "I am not a little pervert! I'm a BIG one!"
- The Japanese version translates to "I'm a SUPER-PERVERT!"
- His first meeting with Naruto has him peeking at girls in the bathhouse. Naruto calls him out on this loud enough for the girls to hear him, causing them to flee. Cue Jiraiya freaking out: "AAUUUUGGGGHHH! You ruined my peeky - I mean my research!" He then goes on to claim that "There's nothing dirty about it! I'm a serious artist who's inspired by youth and beauty, that's all!"
- "When you've reached the stature I have... THE LADIES... KNEEL AND WORSHIP... AT YOUR AWESOMENESS!!!" note
- Any time Sasuke, Kakashi or best of all Neji get Blank White Eyes. But the highlight is the one and only time Kurama gets them.
- Practically every time Sakura punches someone, mainly Naruto or Sai and how she always shouts "Shannaro!" and causes Naruto to get blank white eyes.
- Chouji's reaction to food. He will go to extreme lengths to make sure no one else gets the last bite of a meal (or the last potato chip), motivating him with barbecue will turn him instantly from a coward to a hero, and woe betide anyone who calls him fat.
- Shikamaru waking up before his alarm clock and insulting it.
- The first 15 minutes or so of Episode 167 of Shippuden are some of the most hilariously weird moments in the entire Naruto anime. You may literally fall out of your chair laughing at just how ridiculous it is. The Animation Bump and the Off-Model turn one of the most serious fights in the series into a bizarre Looney Tunes episode.
- YMMV, as though its hilarious, its also somehow epic.
- One of the best parts: Four-tailed Naruto grabs a slab of rock and hammers Pain into the ground with it. When the dust clears, only Pain's head is above ground. Witness the Looney Ninjas!◊Pain: "Do you hate me now?"
- In a Black Comedy way, the mere fact that if Kakashi had abandoned his comrades and completed his mission to destroy the bridge, Obito would have died. This would have given Naruto an actual childhood, made Nagato less crazy, made the Mist a better place, invited the possibility of Minato stopping the Uchiha Massacre, let the Moon's Eye Plan die with Madara, and prevented the Fourth Great Shinobi World War.
- For a zombie intent on enslaving the world, Madara Uchiha is having way too much fun during the War. He toys around with the Five Kage, utterly curbstomping them when his interest wanes and is more than happy to see what the Ten-Tails is capable of; that's the reason he allowed Naruto and Co to revive it, after all. Then, after the Alliance separates him from it, he sits back and enjoys the battle between an uncontrollable Eldritch Abomination on a rampage and Obito versus the Shinobi Alliance; he's just missing some snacks to complete the picture. Hashirama's imminent arrival on the battlefield is the only thing that motivates him to get off his ass and fight again before moving to his endgame.
- Anytime the Sexy Jutsu appears, mostly for the various reactions, or even lack of reaction (appropriate or otherwise). Then sometimes, when things don't go as he expected, Naruto's reactions (anger, exasperation, shock, you name it) are animated on 'Naruko', who's supposed to act/sound like the epitome of sexy cuteness.
Covers, Openings and Endings
- The cover of Chapter 503: how Naruto's daily life would've been if things didn't go... the way they did. One of the few times when a Crowning Moment is both of Funny and Sadness: the picture is very funny, but the circumstances surrounding it are not.
- The first page of Chapter 578 is actually hilarious itself, showing the current phases of the War: Naruto, Guy, and Kakashi vs Tobi, the 5 Kages vs Madara, and Itachi and Sasuke vs Kabuto ...all in chibi form.
- The cover to chapter 579 features the Nine-Tails draped over part of the Hidden Leaf out cold, complete with a Snot Bubble.
- The cover of Chapter 679: Team 7 as a fantasy RPG guild.
- Chapter 686 brings us another hilarious cover. This time, Team 7 are cowboys.
- The entire 10th Shippuden Opening, "Newsong".
- The Hokage heads blowing up, complete with exasperated expressions.
- Killer Bee doing a noodle dance with a boombox, while Yamato just stands in the background.
- Naruto running up a building (with hilariously spazzy movement), and crashing into Guy, knocking him off the building.
- Naruto flying into a snake's mouth, only to come out of the other end, with the aid of Sai's ink tiger.
- Naruto and his clones being chased by a dancing giant squid in the desert.
- The revived Akatsuki appearing like tic-tac-toe. With the coffins falling like dominoes.
- We were given a typical shounen opening scene, with cool mugshots of all the big bads. Guess whose face was last to show up? The Toad Sage.
- We were also treated to a dynamic battle scene, which involves:
- Naruto, Sai and Sakura clashing against Madara, Kabutomaru, Kisame and White Zetsu. All while flying across the ocean.
- Naruto, Sai and Sakura's combination attack, which involves three of them providing hand seals for a devastating lightning strike.
- Naruto actually pulling off numerous hand seals in rapid succession.
- The choreographed dancing featuring the rookies and Sand Trio. All with goofy expressions on their faces.
- Jounin and elder leap dance across the sunny beach sand.
- Naruto turning pulling off what appears to be a ninjutsu equivalent of Choukyuu Haou Den'eidan.
- A huge chunk of the cast standing on a cramped slab of stone. Even the tailed beasts. Delightfully ends with Killer Bee slipping and trying to climb back up.
- A bit of Hilarious in Hindsight: as one You Tube comment on Cruchyroll Deutschland channel's upload of the opening pointed it out: Sasuke is nowhere to be seen in the entire clip, and everyone's happy and dancing. Considering how much the previous Shippuuden openings, Diver and Lovers focused on Sasuke and Naruto's angst about him, one has to wonder, if everyone at the studio just collectively got sick of reusing the theme, and decided to go balls-to-wall crazy, as a form of preventing themselves from developping Angst Aversion.
- Shippuden Ending 25, "I Can Hear", starts fairly normal but grows progressively more surreal -and hilarious:
- A Super-Deformed Naruto is wandering and trying to choose the right path. Kakashi, Asuma and Kurenai (also Super-Deformed) each point to a different direction. Then, S-D Guy appears and points the way. Naruto smiles and runs to the opposite direction.
- The animation turns normal again, with Naruto doing a Dynamic Entry into the frame—
- —only to be interrupted by Choji and Shikamaru fighting for the spotlight, pushing each other out of the frame while being very close to the camera. Their expressions are priceless.
- Kiba accidentally drops a heavy-looking statuette of Guy doing a pose on his foot.
- Shino is running somewhere with spazzy movements, then changes his mind and runs back where he started.
- The faces of the previous Hokage on the Hokage Monument are... different. Hashirama and Tobirama have caricaturish eyes and lips, Hiruzen is sticking out his tongue like a heavy metal singer, Minato is doing The Scream and Tsunade has a duckface.
- Sakura and Ino smiling and singing along "I can hear you are screaming". Later, Hinata, Temari and Tenten join them, singing "Can't you see? Can't you see? Can't you see? My face", also smiling. Temari is standing next to Kankuro and the ever-serious Gaara, adding to the hilarity.
- Naruto stands on the top of Minato's head on the (normal) Hokage Monument and does an Elvis pose!
- And some Brick Jokes: Shikamaru and Choji are still fighting for the spotlight. Kiba is blowing on his swollen foot, trying to ease the pain. And Shino is running again.
- "I can hear you are screaming!": cue half the cast standing there and screaming.
- Only two people are acting normally: Neji and Lee.
- It ends with Guy doing a bunch of ridiculously awesome poses on top of Hiruzen's head on the Hokage Monument. He's definitely got the moves.
- Shippuden Ending 34, "Rainbow's Sky":
- The way how it's lampshaded that Kakashi intentionally picked up Obito's tardiness when he became the Badass Teacher of Team 7 doubles as Funny and Heartwarming.
- When Naruto eats with Ino, Sai and Shikamaru, Sai happily tries to feed an injured Naruto (much to the latter's discomfort), Ino looks really into Sai, and Shikamaru has his cheek in his hand, clearly thinking to himself, "How troublesome."
- Naruto and Lee standing on their hands, while eating ramen together at Ichiraku's, until Teuchi knocks them on the head, causing them to Face Fault into their bowls. Tenten is scared, while Neji remains completely stoic.
- If one were to look closely, Lee is holding himself up with just his index finger!
- Naruto and Hinata eating ramen together at Ichiraku's. The bowls soon start to tower, with Naruto looking at her in shock as she has elegantly consumed twice as many as he did. Eventually, Naruto gives up midway through his seventh bowl because he gets sick. By this point Hinata is already eating her eleventh and shows absolutely no sign of feeling ill. This is actually a reference to the omake from Shippuden 95, where she won a Ramen eating Contest.
- If one were to look closely, in the time it takes Naruto to start gagging and get off the table, Hinata adds her twelfth bowl to the pile!
- In the Season 17 filler arc's opening, Kaguya Ōtsutsuki impaling a triumphant Madara Uchiha with her hand, then casually rubbing her cheek against his while he stares at her in horror.
Appearing after the ending credits, Omake offer hilarious insight at the lives of our heroes and villains.
- Shippuden 16: Naruto brings Kankurō and Temari to the Konoha Hot Springs to show them how great the village is. He also fails to peep on her, earning a bucket thrown to his face. Temari enjoyed the springs so much, Kankurō suggests if it would be good idea to have a sand bath in Suna. After having a horrible envisioning of it being similar to Gaara's Sand Coffin, Temari deems it a bad idea.
- Shippuden 18: Deidara and Kisame discuss Itachi and his traits. Deidara (of all people) is easily impressed and comments that Itachi must be popular with women, causing Kisame to sulk because of his blue skin colouring makes him "weird".
- Shippuden 20: Naruto takes Chiyo to the dango shop in Konoha and states that even the Akatsuki visits this shop. Chiyo then plays dead to scare Naruto.
- Shippuden 33: Kiba and Hinata talk about how they have grown. However, their conversation becomes an argument, which Kiba "resolves" by pretending Naruto is behind her. In the end, they hurt Shino's feelings by not including him in their conversation.
- Shippuden 34: Chōji brings Shikamaru, and Naruto to a BBQ restaurant during a tour and describes how they celebrated Shikamaru's rank to chūnin. Before Naruto can get a chance to eat anything, Chōji grabs all the food. As a result, Naruto calls him a fatso and Chōji's resulting rampage reduces the restaurant to rubble.
- Shippuden 48: Naruto wonders for how long Yamato will be able to track Team 7 with his seeds and asks whether he can get rid of them by using the bathroom (Sakura's reaction to that scares even a man like Yamato).
- Shippuden 54: This is a continuation of the episode plot. Team Kakashi and Team Asuma are eating BBQ until Sakura is falsely accused by Ino of trying to start a romantic relationship with Sai. Despite the boys attempts to calm the girls down, Chōji is insulted by Ino and causes damage to the restaurant. Sai pays for the damages, commenting that nicknames are hard. Notice Naruto, Sakura and Ino's expressions and Choji performing a Skyward Scream.
- Shippuden 63: A drunk Yamato complains to Asuma about how Kakashi treats him like a pushover and how hard it is to help Naruto in his training. However, it turns out that he has repeated his rant three times, annoying Asuma. The short ends with Yamato planning to sing karaoke on open mike night, much to Asuma's confusion and annoyance.
- Shippuden 64: Tsunade and Shizune peek into a Root photo album, fully expecting to laugh at Danzo's youthful photos. Problem is, the album's photos were taken during a public bathhouse excursion. Even Tsunade has to admit that he is not bad-looking.
- Shippuden 67: Chōji describes his favourite snacks (which all involve meat somehow, even the chocolate), nauseating Naruto and Shikamaru.
- Shippuden 68: The ghosts of the Third Hokage and Hayate visit Naruto, traumatising him.
- Shippuden 74: Naruto and Sakura get revenge on Kakashi for always being late. First, Kakashi sees an old lady needs help with moving while carrying big sacks. Kakashi helps, but later sees that the old lady's house is on a high area. Next, two kids need help getting their cat down. He gets the cat down, but ends up getting scratched by it. He says it's a long, horrible day for him. The two kids appear again, revealed to be Naruto and Sakura using a transformation technique.
- Yamato has been the victim of sleepwalking teammates TWICE!
- Shippuden 86: when Naruto hits him with bare hands, kunai and a freakin' Rasengan. When morning comes, he sees that Kakashi managed to sleep through all that by using earplugs! He gets rather angry Kakashi didn't bother to share that little secret with him.Yamato: (with ghoul eyes) "Kakashi! That is so not fair!"
- Shippuden 136: he was pelted with Kiba's Gatsuga, Naruto's punches and even Shino's swarming Kikaichuu. It makes one wonder how much money is spend for maintenance by the Inuzukas and Aburames when these two rampage. Also Naruto dreams that Sakura is a man much to his dismay.
- Shippuden 86: when Naruto hits him with bare hands, kunai and a freakin' Rasengan. When morning comes, he sees that Kakashi managed to sleep through all that by using earplugs! He gets rather angry Kakashi didn't bother to share that little secret with him.
- Shippuden 87: As Team 8 is taking a rest, Kiba wonders when Team 8 will get a new mission. Meanwhile, Hinata decides to go barefoot for a while, soaking her feet in a nearby steam with much delight at how cold the water is. Kiba questions Hinata if she has feelings for Naruto, causing her to leap out of the stream in a flustered panic and deny his suspicions. He leaves without her and Hinata, still unravelled, hastily puts her sandals back on. They both forget someone, though.Shino: "Look at the sky. Far too vast for just one man."
- Shippuden 77: A drunk Shizune complains to Kurenai how jealous of her she is for having a boyfriend. She then proceeds to rant that due to her traveling she's never been able to meet any good men, and she's at risk of ending up a Christmas Cake like Tsunade... and realizing too late that Tsunade heard every word she said.
- Shippuden 95: The Ramen Eating Contest. Especially everyone's reaction when the winner is revealed to be Hinata.
- Shippuden 103: Kiba brags about his sense of smell to Hinata. Shino, feeling ignored, offers him a "gift".Shino: "Fermented dried fish, my gift to you for ignoring me." (Kiba passes out)
- Shippuden 110: Sakura, Kiba, Naruto and Hinata are all eating at Ramen Ichiraku, Naruto asks if either Kiba or Hinata have seen Shino's eyes. Saying that they haven't, the four joke about what he might look like, when Shino appears behind his laughing friends. Saying it can't be helped, he prepares to remove his glasses, only to have a massive swarm of bugs fly out of his face, horrifying them.
- Shippuden 117: Naruto tries to win ramen at Ino's lottery but ends up winning the Icha Icha series that is signed by Jiraiya. Kakashi arrives, seeing that the Make-Out Paradise collection signed by Jiraiya has already been won, gets disappointed after he bought a bunch of tickets.
- Shippuden 130: Drunk Kakashi and Jiraiya discuss Naruto in a bar. Jiraiya tries to hit on some girls in the bar, but they beat him up for being an perverted old man. Undeterred, Jiraiya Summons Gamaken destroying the bar and leaves to do research for his next novel while Kakashi, now lying in the rubble of the bar, wishes him good luck before passing out.
- Shippuden 146: Naruto is having Shino and Kiba at his apartment to eat. When Kiba tries to kill a cockroach, Shino angrily stops him, saying it has a soul. When Naruto convinces him to use his ninjustu to get rid of it and any other bug, it only cause thousands to crawl out and swarm the place.
- Shippuden 147: In an attempt to get better friends with Naruto, Sai gives him a painting. The painting escapes however, and proceeds to wreck Naruto's apartment with Naruto attempt to stop it with Rasengan making his living conditions worse.Naruto: "That darn Sai! He's gone way too far this time!"
- Shippuden 161 featured Team Taka at an Onsen. Karin invading the men's side of the hotspring and offering to scrub Sasuke's back and Sasuke's total 'meh' nature to it are one thing, but then Suigetsu pops out of the hotsping and starts needling her about it. In the end, Karin steals a toothbrush that actually belongs to Suigetsu.
- Shippuden 163: Naruto, Shikamaru and Choji were reminscing about their childhood, where Choji stated he was already proficient in Wind Style, demonstrating Wind Style: Great Suction. Naruto points out that even he can do something like that and tries to show Wind Style: Fart, but Sakura interrupts him with a Megaton Punch.
- Shippuden 169: Sakura and Ino ask Tsunade to show them how she looked when she was younger. Tsunade obliges and the first thing Sakura and Ino notice is that she was FLAT-CHESTED...they immediately demand diet tips and any other secrets that could have led to her eventual "growth".Tsunade: (performing a drop-kick) "CUT! IT! OUT!"
- Shippuden 173: Shikaku, Chōza and Inoichi reunite at a restaurant and do the InoShikaChō stance. Afterwards, they remember that they invited another comrade, but can't remember him. Shino stands at the door of the restaurant, feeling bad for his father.Shino: (Twitchy Eye) "Seems like being forgotten runs in the family."
- Shippuden 185: Kotetsu and Izumo getting Mistaken for Gay by Tsunade. You can watch it here.
- Shippuden 188: The most elusive one of allnote . Naruto uses his New Sexy Technique in order to get Jiraiya, who is concentrating on his new novel, to light the fire for their fish dinner. Excited by the technique, Jiraiya suggests Naruto wear a thong as part of his transformation in order to help Jiraiya come up with a female character for his novel. Confusing a thong for a mawashi, Naruto transforms into a sumo wrestler. When Jiraiya becomes angry with him, he uses the form to knock Jiraiya out.
- Shippuden 212: Naruto, Sakura, and Sai are in a store reading different magazines. Sakura reads an article that infuriates her, which causes her to accidentally punch Sai, who was going to whisper into Sakura's ear. Meanwhile, Naruto purchases a magazine with a specially sealed centerfold. He can't sneak a peek, so he has no choice but to buy it. It's Might Guy in a speedo flexing like the world's coming to an end.Naruto: "WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! THIS is a "Nice Treasure"note ?! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!"
- Shippuden 15: Naruto interviews Jiraiya. However, when Naruto brings up Jiraiya's bad qualities, the interview leads to Naruto demanding Jiraiya pay him back for all the money he stole from him in Tanzaku Town (waaay back in the Search for Tsunade arc).
- Shippuden 17: Kakashi describes ninja clothes, by modelling and showing that the clothes are not just used for good fashion sense, that they are also good when in close combat. Guy comes up with his "fashionable" green jumpsuit, to which Kakashi notes that nobody wants it, much to Guy's disappointment.
- Shippuden 22: Kakashi explains the teacher and student relationships his students share with their mentors as he compares his student-teacher relationship with his mentor, the Fourth Hokage. However, upon realising that he no longer has actual pupils, a lonely Kakashi asks the audience if they wish to train with him.
- Shippuden 26: Sakura, Kakashi, and Naruto are going to make a report on a kunoichi. Sakura describes Tenten, and Kakashi describes Kurenai, but Naruto just talks about his Sexy Technique. Naruto announces he will reveal his newest perverted ninjutsu. Kakashi is surprisingly enticed by this. Angered, Sakura sets the distance record for punching Naruto away.
- Shippuden 35: Jiraiya talks about his books and gets excited they will soon be a movie for it. Naruto arrives, angry that Jiraiya lied about showing true masterpieces, not his adult literature. In retaliation, Jiraiya pins Naruto under a toad and tells him he's doing so to boost the sell of his books.
- Shippuden 56: Konohamaru describes his uncle Asuma and a few unspecified details about his past. Naruto arrives and tries to get Asuma to admit his relationship with Kurenai, but is given a pound on the head along with Konohamaru in retaliation for invading his privacy.
- Shippuden 62: Yamato hosts a quiz about which technique Jiraiya used during the Konoha Crush arc. However, all the contestants (Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru and Chōji) fail to answer the question correctly due to buzzing in before Yamato could finish the question. They end up smashed under a giant stuffed frog as punishment for failing.
- Shippuden 65: Team Ebisu describes Ebisu before Konohamaru blackmails Ebisu into buying them lunch at Ramen Ichiraku in exchange for not talking about his mentor being defeated by Naruto's Harem Technique.
- Shippuden 137: Shizune questions Tsunade about several different types of info, while Tsunade reads the answers from a databook. But when Shizune asks a question about Tsunade's hobby other than gambling, Tsunade is surprised to know that it is not in the databook.
- Shippuden 168: Guy interviews Hinata about how she had really matured. When Guy becomes too "youthful" and presses her to reveal her "secret love", Hinata accidentally uses her Palm Bottom and sends Guy crashing into the wall.
- Shippuden 105: The characters have no script for the omake. In the end, they're not even colored anymore!
- Yamato has lost his script twice.
- Shippuden 108: Yamato can't find his script; Ino, Sakura and Kabuto mock him about being such a scatterbrain but it turns out Kakashi had it. When he sees his script filled with drawings of himself, an enraged Yamato explodes with Wood Release techniques.Yamato: "I REFUSE TO WORK LIKE THIS!!" (cue Wood Style explosion)
- Shippuden 144: Yamato is going to interview Naruto, but Naruto complains to Yamato about the latter losing his script all the time. Yamato says Kakashi had it last time. Naruto wants to know the first time Yamato lost his script. Yamato said it was gone, but later found out it was in the trash, covered in ramen broth. When it turned out that his script's trashed condition was caused by Naruto, who was unaware that it was his, Yamato is filled with rage and explodes with Wood Release ninjutsu.Yamato: "It was you! I KNEW IT!!" (cue Wood Style explosion)
- Shippuden 108: Yamato can't find his script; Ino, Sakura and Kabuto mock him about being such a scatterbrain but it turns out Kakashi had it. When he sees his script filled with drawings of himself, an enraged Yamato explodes with Wood Release techniques.
- Shippuden 121: Hinata is complaining that she only gets "Naruto-kun" speaking lines, which then Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi teases her into saying variations of "Naruto-kun"... which is recorded pronto and will be re-used for the next several episodes, much to Hinata's dismay.
- Shippuden 134: The cast celebrate the 350th episode, but Naruto isn't invited to the party. The reason? He didn't have any lines at three milestone episodes!
- Shippuden 142: Turns out Hinata becomes popular for her "Naruto-kun" lines... much to Sakura's dismay, so Sakura tried saying her variations of "Naruto-kun" (Hinata joining in for suggestions), and it was good... but it was pointless because Sakura just won't say that in-storynote , so her lines are going to be discarded, much to her annoyance.
- Shippuden 165: Sakura angrily accuses Hinata of attempting to usurp her as the main heroine, after seeing that Hinata is the focus of a new ending, "Bicycle". While Hinata denies knowing anything, Naruto walks in and explains that Hinata's fans within the staff run amuck post-production. Sakura then angrily tells the staff to make an ending with her in it, and punches the set's wall, causing the whole thing to collapse by accident. (This becomes Hilarious in Hindsight when the next ending, "Bubble Fireworks," did give Sakura sole screentime.)
- In the Ultimate Ninja 3 game, whose events seem to be set between the Tsunade Search Arc and the Sasuke Retrieval Arc in the anime's timeline, the story mode is about a Battle Royale contest between all Ninja from the Leaf and Sand, with the winner being Hokage for a day. At some point, Sakura challenges Naruto and gives us this gem:Naruto: "Seriously...you're the last person I wanna fight!"
Sakura: "Shut it! There's a lovey-dovey Sasuke regulation I hafta pass into law! So I'm taking your crystals!"