For some reason, geeks like to make jokes that geeks actually have sexual arousal about their geek interests. Not sex or fetishes, this is about the latest technology or something like that. Basically, it's the geek factor that is turning them on. If the thought of Wonder Woman fighting Storm turns someone on because it would be an awesome comic, and not because it's two hot chicks fighting, you have this trope.
Just one of the many ways TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life. Also, some of the examples would be Not Safe for Work.
This also doesn't count if a guy just has raging hormones and gets erections at anything, nor does it count if it's merely Squee or And the Fandom Rejoiced. There has to be implications of sexual arousal.
This can happen even when Nerds Are Virgins.
Compare with Geeky Turn-On, Squee, Why Don't You Marry It?, Awesomeness Is Volatile.
In-Universe Examples Only:
- Spider-Man cites the trope by name in issue #17 of the New Avengers (second series) when he sees the inner workings of an Ultimo the team is helping Iron Man with.
"Uh, guys, we have some really advanced stuff percolating under here. Nerdgasm."
- In The Changeling of the Guard, Topaz the entomologist has one upon Idol's reveal that he's a Changeling.
- Code Geass: Paladins of Voltron: Lloyd's reaction to seeing the Blue Lion is... interesting, to say the least, and even this pales in comparison to when he first beholds Voltron in all his glory.
- Code Prime: Lloyd's reaction to seeing Cybertronians in their robot forms is...interesting, to say the least.
- In The Cable Guy, Chip "procures" Read: steals an entertainment center for his new friend with a sound system that, as Chip puts it, "would make George Lucas cream in his pants."
- Quenser of Heavy Object starts panting heavily whenever he's confronted with cutting edge Object technology, much to the disgust of anyone witnessing it.
- Whateley Universe: Such reactions aren't uncommon among Gadgeteers and Devisors; jokes about it are even more common among those making fun of them.
- Belphoebe is described as being so enamored with the Gizmatic devises that she seemed about ready to have sex with one of the weapon systems.
- Several teens at J.J.'s birthday party, on observing Dr Lucifer fawning over the two children accompanying Threshold, assume he's a pedophile; J.J. instead explains that no, those two 'children' are androids, and his attention over them is entirely rooted in technological fascination.
- Power Rangers Operation Overdrive: Yellow Overdrive Power Ranger Ronny seems to get quite hot and bothered when she sees the zords that her team are going to be driving. The fans, of course, latched on to her "zordgasm", and soon put her in a Cargo Ship (with drills, after she has a similar reaction to the Drill Blaster in a later episode).
- Stephen Fry has a nerdgasm in this video after spotting a Tesla Roadster in traffic and hearing how big of a touchscreen the new Model S will have in the dash. During his second appearance in the "Star In A Reasonably-Priced Car" segment on Top Gear (UK), he got more than a little excited while driving his fast lap and Jeremy asked him if he'd had a crisis.
- On Stephen's quiz program QI this is a Running Gag. Following a particularly impressive display of obscure knowledge, someone will suggest that they, Stephen, or another guest (often Phill Jupitus) are now aroused.
- Parodied on an episode of Saturday Night Live with a fake commercial for a sex chat line featuring women dressed as different geek icons (including Princess Leia, Uhura, and Galadriel) who speak only in references to their respective works.
- Adam Savage of MythBusters plays it straight and references it by name in one Indiana Jones-themed myth when he dresses up as Indy.
- In The Big Bang Theory, Amy tries to induce this in Sheldon so that the good feelings are associated with her. It works.
- Quark: The crew are trapped in a Lotus-Eater Machine where all their fantasies are fulfilled, usually in the form of beautiful women. Ficus meets a woman in Nerd Glasses he can discuss equations with. She gets more and more turned on by this until we cut to them lying on the grass with the woman smoking a cigarette.
- Kryten in Red Dwarf is programmed to enjoy cleaning. When he's turned human in "D.N.A.", this translates to him getting an erection while browsing a vacuum cleaner catalogue. Lister is understandably a bit perturbed by this...
"No vaccuum cleaner should give someone a double Polaroid!"
- A PG version of this trope occurs in FoxTrot with Jason ogling a computer ad in a magazine the way an older boy would ogle a magazine centerfold. Peter's done the same thing with a guitar magazine.
- Jason and Marcus have both ogled a National Geographic with no-holds barred, fully detailed diagrams of the Apollo 11 lunar lander.
- Naked Snake/Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater had one when EVA gives him the .45. He's got a woman with her boobs out in front of him, but he's staring at that gun and gushing over it like he might just try and have sex with it!
- In Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice, Heroic Comedic Sociopath Mao has a tendency to do this whenever he witnesses something particularly evil. His reaction is complete with labored breathing and drooling. (It's probably worth mentioning that Mao embodies a number of stereotypes of RPG gamers.)
- Makoto Nanaya of BlazBlue literally does this in Tager's Continuum Shift joke ending when Tager transforms into a giant gold-plated Humongous Mecha in order to fight a giant robot version of resident Cat Girl Taokaka. Don't ask.
Makoto: Oh... My... GOD! Commander Kokonoe, that is so awesome! No, seriously, I'm getting a tingly sensation in my naughty bits... Please, can I have control? Please? Pretty please!?
- On the Sex floor of You Don't Know Jack: The Ride, Guy Towers uses one of the questions as a thinly-veiled request for help regarding his premature ejaculation. If a player picks "the think-of-batting-averages method", he mentions that thinking of Tony Gwynn's statistics actually makes it worse, and he just about goes over the edge just by bringing it up. Later on that same floor, as a correct-answer response...
- Guy: OHHHHHHH, YESSSSSS! Sorry, I was thinking of Tony Gwynn and his batting averages.
- Two disturbing strips of Dueling Analogs. Apparently the combined news of Mega Man 9 and Diablo III made a mess to clean up.
- Rooster Teeth Comics - When Gus' wife Esther starts playing World of Warcraft, Gus spends the next four comics with a MASSIVE ERECTION.
- The Goblins side-comic character Tempts Fate has one of these when he sees, quote, "the most unnecessarily, overly trapped door ever", endquote, in action.
- From Penny Arcade:
Gabe: Where the hell is your other hand?
- Ctrl+Alt+Del on Korea's reaction to the announcement of StarCraft II
- In a Ctrl+Alt+Del Omake strip, Ethan is asked whether Nathan Fillion from Firefly was cooler or Batman. When he said that Nathan Fillion should play Batman, he actually "gave little Ethan a healthy massage" at the thought of that.
- The comic Little Gamers does this once in a while, such as one of them "excited" from news about the newest iPhone iteration.
- Carson the muskrat in Dork Tower responds to Baldur's Gate II in this way. During the opening credits.
- Later, Igor watched a The Lord of the Rings trailer 136 times before needing a cigarette.
- One strip in Air Force Blues has Barbie literally jacking off to a technical write-up of the F-22 Raptor.
- Nerf NOW!! observes "Gun Lust" on Borderlands.
- This is probably the most impressive video of a nerdgasm, ever.
- Nerds describing hardware and software as 'sexy' has ultimately culminated in a software library being named 'libsexy.'
- Joe Loves Crappy Movies: "What's a geek boner?"
- From Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series:
Voice From Helicopter: Mr. Kaiba, our scanners have detected that an Egyptian God Card has been summoned somewhere in the city. If you climb on board, we'll take you to the signal's location.Kaiba: And now I have a boner.
- When he sees a train designed to look like his beloved Blue-Eyes White Dragon card, he comments "I have the weirdest boner right now."
- When the three dragons of Atlantis save his jumbo jet from a fiery crash, his Big "YES!" suggests that he's having the biggest orgasm of his life.
- A fan's reaction to the announcement of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- QueerNet Blog: "And my first thought wasn’t 'WOW, Hot guys making out!' it was 'WOW, I want that Empire shirt!'"
- Zero Punctuation sometimes draws Yahtzee having a stiffie when playing a game Ben really likes.
- The Cinema Snob says that watching an Orson Welles movie makes him orgasm.
- Game Grumps: In the first episode of their Banjo-Kazooie playthrough, JonTron outright says that he just jizzed in his pants over it.
- The Nostalgia Critic has an Immodest Nerdgasm in his Jurassic Park review, when the MUTHAFUCKIN' T-REX makes her first appearance.
- Sequelitis: Once Egoraptor starts talking about Mega Man X.
"This is: WHY MEGA MAN X IS SO FUCKING GOOD THAT IT MAKES MY DICK ROCK HARD."
- In his review of The Andromeda Strain, Dom Noble mentions how, while reading the book and noting how much of it is given over to intricate descriptions of scientific experiments, he started to get the impression that Michael Crichton really, really LOVES science. This is followed by a skit in which Crichton calls into a "Naughty Science Appreciation Line," and gets aroused listening to the operator describe the science behind the electron microscope in a sexy voice.
- Tom Warburton describes his feelings when he and his team came up with the concept for the last episode of Codename: Kids Next Door as a nerdgasm.
- In a 30-second gag that appears between two shorts in Dexter's Laboratory, Dexter gets a magazine, takes it to an underwater hideout and ogles the centerfold... of a wrench.
- Edd from Ed, Edd n Eddy once looked excitedly at the centerfold of a magazine, that he found in Eddy's basement. But it turns out that it was a picture of an insect!
- Implied in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic of all places: in "Castle Mane-ia", Twilight Sparkle finds herself in an ancient library, and her wings immediately pop out.