This is not Squick, even though they are related. Nausea Fuel are scenes and events that are specifically meant to be disgusting. While Squick only makes some people go "ew, gross" and is extremely subjective, Nausea Fuel is created (and is often considered by everyone) to be sickening and horrifying.
For example, someone getting punched in the face and bleeding profusely is Squick. That same head getting crushed, graphically, is Nausea Fuel. When there's no gore involved, this trope is most commonly invoked by motion sickness or anything involving bodily functions.
Paradoxically (or maybe not), Glurge can also find itself in this category.
- Anime & Manga
- Comic Books
- Fan Works
- Films — Live-Action
- Live-Action TV
- Professional Wrestling
- Tabletop Games
- Video Games
- Web Original
- Western Animation
- The Burger King ad "The Moldy Whopper" features a timelapse of a Whopper being left to rot until it grows a thick fur of turquoise mold. The point of that is to highlight that BK is eliminating preservatives from its menu.
- An infamous ad for the Ouya console really makes you think what demographic they used to target for their product, using gratuitous unrealistic gore for it. It stereotypes the gaming community as a lazy, smelly and unhealthy person complaining over the price of a suspicious overrated game, then flooding his own room with his vomit, removing the skeleton of his body with his mouth and then beating himself to death with it, just because of the price of the product.
- In 2010, a UK-based campaign to reduce carbon footprint (and challenge government apathy towards climate change) named 10:10 published a short film consisting of everyday scenarios, (a school classroom, office meeting, football pitch, radio studio) where people are asked about their interest in participating in the campaign. Those that show little interest are exploded via detonator, gruesomely splattering their surroundings with blood and gore.
- A British PSA which informs the viewer about fake counterfeit drugs on the Internet has a man pull an entire dead rat out of his mouth after taking a pill he got from an envelope.
- The Boxtrolls: Big Bad Archibald Snatcher's cheese allergies causes his body to swell grotesquely, and it's quite nasty to look at. It's even worse towards the end of the movie, where said allergies end up causing him to explode; even nastier, his organs apparently splattered across the room afterwards, if Fiery Redhead deuteragonist Winnie is to be believed.
- The Pebble and the Penguin: The sequence for the song "Good Ship Misery" involves penguins dumping disgusting-looking slop all over each other and breaking out into spots.
- Shrek thrives on this (both the character and the movies), since ogres have very gross habits. Case in point: Shrek's Morning Routine in the first movie is him getting dirty instead of cleaning up.
- In Frankenweenie, we are treated to sights such as cat feces in the shape of letters, mutant sea-monkeys exploding with liquidy guts splattering everywhere, and said cat being impaled.
- Eight Crazy Nights has the scene where Davey sends Whitey down the hill in a port-a-potty, and emerges covered in shit. Davey then sprays him with a hose, causing him to freeze, and he is un-thawed by deer that lick the ice (they even get shit all over their teeth). "Smell ya later, Poopsicle!"
- Also, later on, a bunch of kids blow gallons of snot out of their nose from laughing hysterically over an (unfunny) joke, and said deer shit all over while laughing about it too.
- The jockstrap-eating scene should also count.
- In Home (2015), there is a scene where Oh consumes a urinal cake and urine from a urinal.
- In Wish Dragon, a scene similar the the above-mentioned "Home" shows Long in his human form drinking from a toilet like a water fountain... at least until he realizes what it's actually for...
- The nightmare sequence where a demonic Gregor Mendel makes thousands of rotting cat corpses dance like marionettes. And then the corpses start falling apart.
- The pregnant cat had her stomach sliced open and the fetuses spilling out.
- In Turning Red, there is a shot where Miriam, who wears braces, chews gum, with her mouth open and is called out on it being gross.
- The 2020 Marmaduke film has an incredibly overplayed and downright disgusting scene of Marmaduke eating an entire buffet's worth of food, sucking his gut in to try and digest it all, followed by a fart, then when the dog restrooms are occupied, defecates in the winning trophy, followed with an incredibly disgusting and overdramatic cloud of flatulence along with it.
- Enter Happy Tree Friends. One great example is the infamous episode Tongue in Cheek, where Sniffles attempts to use a mind-control device on the ants he intends to eat. The ants reverse its effects so that they control him, and then proceed to force him to brutally torture himself.
- Lobo (Webseries): While it is black comedy, the gory deaths and vomiting can churn people's stomachs.
- Enter Retarded Animal Babies, who not only cross the line thrice, they screw on it each time.