Main Character Index: Supporting Characters | Family and friends | The Gotham Police Department | A.R.G.U.S. and Task Force X | Arkham Asylum | Guardians and The Lantern Corps | Lords of Order | The Endless | 2027 Characters | Original Characters | Non-Canon Characters
In 2002 Mr. Bones showed up at the White House with a number of top-notch espionage brass for a cabinet meeting to discuss the metahuman epidemic. The room was horrified to see Bones entrance, but once he began to talk, the room went still as he pitched an incredibly masterful speech for why the president should put a metahuman in charge of the agency monitoring the metahuman crisis. The U.S. President agreed and the D.E.O was formed that week.
The Director of the DEO, Mister Bones is a man of noble intentions despite his shadowy methods.
- Acquired Poison Immunity: As a corollary, he is immune to cyanide poisoning.
- Ambiguously Evil: Despite looking like he was born to be a villain, he remains on the side of neutrality despite his mysterious personality.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: He's the Director of D.E.O. and he's someone not to mess with him.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: He wears an fancy suit.
- Bizarre Alien Psychology: Bones' mother's exposure to mutagenic drugs during pregnancy gave him three superhuman powers, two of which are extremely inconvenient to his daily life: firstly, his skin (which, it has been indicated, would otherwise be black), flesh, and organs are all transparent, giving him the appearance of a denuded skeleton (thus his name).
- Blessed with Suck: Because Director Bones' acid touch is an involuntarily function of his powers, he is required to wear leather gloves at all times or else risk fatally affecting those around him.
- Cigar Chomper: To the point that he practically chain-smokes them.
- Dem Bones: He's basically a skeleton.
- I Know Your True Name: He's aware of the secret identities of several heroes, which adds to his mysterious atmosphere.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The exact details of Mr. Bones past remain deeply classified by Checkmate encryption which even Oracle cannot penetrate, he is only referred to as "Bones", "Mr. Bones" or "Director Bones," even by his own agents.
- The Rival: Seen as Amanda Waller's.
- Secret Keeper: As part of his modus operandi, he knows the identities of several heroes, also knowing the identities of Derek James Flynn and Lee Travis as both Sideways and Crimson Avenger because he's their mentor.
- Touch of Death: His skin constantly exudes a cyanide-based compound (in effect a toxic sweat), which is almost invariably lethal to anyone who touches him.
A brilliant scientist who secretly works for the covert government organization D.E.O, serving as Bones' Number Two. She's the foster sister Thara Ak-Var.
- Action Girl: Regardless of her role as a scientist, the DEO gives extensive year-long combat training to everyone.
- The Alcoholic: Since the loss of Linda, Alex has become a heavy drinker on her day's off.
- Amicable Exes: With Maggie Sawyer. She meet her during her days in Science Crimes Unit. They had a passionate relationship for a while but after Alex was reassigned to the West Coast. Alex begged for Maggie to join her, but Maggie didn't feel like Coast City was the right fit for her and she was just promoted to the rank of captain. So, after weeks of arguing, Alex and Maggie decided to break it off and they bid each other adieu.
- Badass Lesbian: As an expertly trained D.E.O. agent she can go toe to toe with aliens and metahumans.
- Badass Normal: Alex is a skilled close-quarters combatant, but has little training outside of the D.E.O. training program and private lessons with Maggie Sawyer and Renee Montoya.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": She hates being addressed by her full name.
- Fatal Flaw: Personal Loyalty; Alex is prone to putting the needs of the few over the needs of the many when the few is someone she cares about. To a slightly less destructive degree, her temper can be downright explosive.
- Genius Bruiser: While not physically imposing, Alex is one of the DEO's best field agents. However, she was recruited as a bioengineer and is considered an expert on alien physiology. She is also a medical doctor, who gave up her career to work for the DEO.
- Honorary True Companion: Of the House of El.
- Hot Scientist: She was recruited as a bioengineer for the DEO and is quite an attractive woman.
- Insistent Terminology: She doesn't like to be called Alexandra.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Alex can be snappy, headstrong, overprotective and often resorts to quite violent ways of interrogation, but at the end of the day she just wants her sister and the world kept safe.
- The Medic: Alex is a skilled doctor. Though humans are not her primary interest, she is familiar with human anatomy and many medical procedures to the point of making an excellent medic and even a decent surgeon or forensic cadaver analyst should the need arise.
- Shipper on Deck: Despite her hang ups on relationships, it doesn't stop her from giving Thara advice on her interest in Lor-Zod.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's actually as tall as Thara at 5'11"/180cm tall, and she's gorgeous.
- Weak, but Skilled: Alex may merely be a human, but she's able to take down enemies more powerful than her by using their strength against them.
- Workaholic: She doesn't have much of a life outside of her job at the DEO, and she devotes the majority of her time to her job.
The younger sister of Lois Lane and daughter of Colonel Sam Lane.
- Adaptational Heroism: The comic book version of Lucy (to make a long story short) is Daddy's Little Villain and the General's personal Dragon. Here like her Supergirl (2015) counterpart she joins DEO as a Special Agent In Charge of the Advena Legion.
- Alliterative Family: With her sister Lois
- Alliterative Name: Lucy Lane. Like her sister, one of the many L.L. who litters the Superman mythos.
- Amicable Exes: She and Jimmy Olsen used to dated each other during their high school days as Lucy was a commanding girlfriend, but Jimmy was more than happy to do her bidding as he realized she was way out of his league. When the two graduated, Lucy broke up with Jimmy as she decided to take her father up on his offer of getting her in West Point, but she gave Jimmy a parting gift.
- Badass Normal: Like her sister she has no powers but she can defend herself thanks to being by her father and the military.
- Composite Character: Her appearance and personality along with her status as a DEO agent are based of her incarnation in Supergirl (2015) TV series.
- Cool Aunt: She serves as this to her older sister's adopted and biological children.
- Daddy's Girl: Unlike her older sister who didn't want to be her father's shadow, Lucy embraced it. She felt comfortable being daddy's little girl, possibly because she does not feel she could adequately compete with her older sister based on merits and accomplishment alone. Lucy spent most of her childhood accompanying her father on military base whenever she could so much that many soldiers would call her "the colonel's aid" or "Little Colonel Lane"
- Good-Looking Privates: She cuts an even more impressive figure when in uniform.
- The Handler: Serves as this for the Advena Legion as she was appointed by Lex Luthor.
- Hazy Feel Turn: While never the big antagonist, many of those she's worked for, like her father, have an open hostility to all aliens. Lucy has shown a few times she doesn't really share that sentiment, so it's no surprise she has no animosity towards Superman and the Advena Legion by extension.
- Military Brat: She's daughter of Colonel Lane, since she continues with the whole military thing into her adult life.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: Just look at her image above.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She looks a lot like her older sister Lois.
Emily Nashton a.k.a Enigma is the Daughter of Riddler, she have been a member of the Titans and currently the leader of Secret Six. She's on a polygamous relationship with both Scandal Savage and Knockout.
- Bare Your Midriff: In her casual clothes her navel is exposed.
- Brains and Brawn: Of Scandal's two lovers, she's certainly the brains while Knockout is the brawn.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Used to be this for her father.
- Combat Parkour: Though she looks thin and seems rather un-athletic, Emily is a natural gymnast and traceuse, able to leap over obstacles, swing easily on bars, scramble up vertical surfaces, flip and handspring, balance on narrow surfaces, and leap over incredible gaps.
- Distaff Counterpart: To the Riddler.
- Escape Artist: Much like her father, Emily has perfected the art of escaping from restraints, knowing how to pick a lock in seconds, slip out of handcuffs in moments and escape a straight jacket in minutes, having escaped from police custody and her father's enemies more than a dozen times.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Emily is amazing in feats requiring knowledge of electronics and mechanics. Not only can she repair cars or set-up a sound system, but Emily is an inventor. She has designed some of her father's more tech-heavy cane gadgets as well as some of his tricked out rides.
- Genius Bruiser: Downplayed. While she's a competent martial artist thanks to her training with the Titans, she prefers stealth and strategy over brute force.
- Girlish Pigtails: Her hairstyle of choice.
- The Leader: Has become the leader of the new incarnation of the Secret Six.
- Legally Dead: Her father proclaimed he had killed her to allow her to start a new life.
- Lipstick Lesbian: She's certainly more feminine than Scandal.
- Polyamory: She's in a polyamorous relationship with Scandal Savage and Knockout.
- Promoted to Love Interest: Now she's the lover of Scandal Savage.
A chimpanzee imbued with magical qualities by the Fountain of Youth, Detective Chimp is the super smart member of DEO and Shadowpact.
- The Alcoholic: Has difficulties rejecting a drink. Is even noted as one of his weaknesses in his Network File.
- Animal Superhero: He's an ape, a detective and member of Shadowpact.
- Cool Hat: His detective cap.
- Cool Sword: He wields the Sword of the Night. Gifted to him by Jim Rook a.k.a Nightmaster, the Sword of Night is a powerful magical artifact capable of opening rifts to the dimension of Myrra. As well the ability to warn danger and make someone speak the truth.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: As a member of Shadowpact, Bobo T. Chimpanzee would like to remind you that Batman is merely the World's Greatest Human Detective.
- Fun T-Shirt: His shirt says: "I'm hired to sit here & be sarcastic".
- Genius Bruiser: He is one of the most highly skilled investigators in the world, with detective skills rivaling those of Batman and The Question. He's also a chimpanzee, which makes him three times stronger than the average human.
- Interspecies Friendship: His best friend is Rex the Wonder Dog, who saved his life by taking him to the Fountain of Youth.
- Omniglot: He is capable of conversing with all animals, regardless of origin, in their own language, including all spoken and written human languages.
- Uplifted Animal: Once a regular chimpanzee who gained human intellect after drinking from the fountain of youth.
Wearing a suit of rags made from the souls of evildoers, Rory Regan patrols the streets of Gotham City and Star City dispensing vigilante justice known as Ragman.
- Adaptation Relationship Overhaul: Instead of his father, Jerzy "Gerry" Reganiewicz is his grandfather.
- Alliterative Name: Rory Regan.
- Clothes Make the Superman: The Suit of Souls is the source of Rory's powers.
- Hearing Voices: Rory can hear the voices of the dead imprisoned in his suit.
- Hidden Depths: According to Oracle, Rory knows a family recipe for the distillation of raspberry-flavored schnapps or Himbeergeist. She sampled this herself and admit it is delicious. Rory was taught the recipe by his grandfather, who is known to drink it quite often and allowed Rory to drink it on special occasions since he was eleven.
- Honorary Uncle: Sees Rene's daughter Zoe as a niece.
- I See Dead People: He can speak with the dead and see their memories.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: He's the thinnest male Team Arrow member to date, as seen with his Geek Physiques. Still, his magic rags gives him unusual strength that surpasses even his more muscular predecessors and teammates.
- Raised by Grandparents: His grandfather Jerzy Reganiewicz took care of him after his parents died during the Manhattaning.
- Religious Bruiser: One of the strongest members of team Arrow and Shadowpact when wearing his rags and very faithful to his Jewish heritage.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Rene Ramirez, as both men bicker with each other, especially since they're rivals and living on the same apartment of Rags'N Tatters with Rene's daughter Zoe Ramirez.
- Weak to Fire: The rags that make up the suit are extremely vulnerable to fire, a weakness added by the Rabbis who created the Ragman as a security measure in case the suit fell into the wrong hands.
- Your Soul Is Mine: He can steal souls and leave the persons body an Empty Shell, and his suit will sometimes do this against his wishes. The stolen soul is not affected if the physical body subsequently dies.
A stuntwoman and special effects genius Danielle Cassidy, who after an encounter with the demon Nebiros, found herself stuck in the very exo-suit created for the unreleased movie called "War for Justice: Amazons Attack". would later find herself turned into a real demon.
- Absolute Cleavage: Her Blue Devil outfit exposes past her navel.
- Badass Gay: Even with the Gender Flip bellow, she's still attracted to females.
- Bare Your Midriff: In both casual and Blue Devil outfits, her navel is exposed.
- Blue Is Heroic: She might be a devil, but she's one of the heroes nonetheless.
- Cool Aunt: For her adoptive nephew Eddie.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She's (technically) a devil, but also a good girl.
- Gender Flip: Blue Devil's gender in Earth 27 changed from Dan Cassidy to Danielle Cassidy.
- Healing Factor: After being grafted to Cassidy's body, the costume became organic and gained the ability to self-repair at an extremely fast rate.
- The Lost Lenore: Her wife Marla Bloom.
- Magitek: Blue Devil's powers originally came from a highly sophisticated stunt suit Dani built for practical in-camera effects. The techno-organic exosuit disappeared when she was reborn as a gluttony demon.
- Promotion to Parent: Took care of her sister Mary Frank after their parents abandoned them, and now she looks after her adoptive nephew Eddie.
- Prongs of Poseidon: The Trident Of Lucifer. Allows her to find demons on Earth and banish them to Hell.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The literal Blue to Red Devil's Red.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 6'3/190cm tall, and despite becoming a devil, she's still quite attractive.
- Weirdness Magnet: Trope Namer. After she became a gluttony devil, she becomes a literal magnet of demons and supernatural creatures at sight.
Eve Eden is the daughter of a senator and an extra-dimensional queen who inherited the ability to manipulate shadows and slip through the Shadows to other realms from her mother. Eve uses her inherited shadow powers to fight crime and evil as Nightshade.
- Alliterative Name: Eve Eden
- Casting a Shadow: First and foremost her abilities come from a magical source allowing her to tap into a shadowy realm to create dimensional forces of pure darkness. She has gained experience over time allowing for creative uses of her abilities.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Wields shadow powers and yet is one of the most unambiguously heroic characters on the Squad.
- Domino Mask: Unless she's using oversized shades she disguises her identity with a domino mask.
- Flight: One of her powers is the ability to fly.
- Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: Gender flipped. Her father is human while her mother is from the Land of Nightshades.
- Intangibility: Nightshade can phase through physical contact, allowing her to avoid hits or bullets. This doesn't stop her from attacking her opponents.
- She's Got Legs: As her skirt proudly shows.
- Lady of Black Magic: A lovely young woman with shadow powers and she's the Shadowpact and the Squad's strongest powerhouses.
- Living Shadow: Eve can form controlled shadow creatures such as her ravens by pulling things from the Land of the Nightshades, and says she's been trying to program more judgement into them but talks to them like living things. She can also turn herself into a living shadow, which allows her controllable intangibility. She can still hit an opponent while walking through a wall.
- Teleportation: She can teleport herself and others by passing them through the Land of Nightshades.
- Thinking Up Portals: She can teleport using existing shadows or cast disks of darkness to step through/throw others through.
Sebastian Faust is the son of evil sorcerer and magical arms dealer Felix Faust and his apprentice Tala. Sebastian met a man named Rook, who was willing to train Sebastian, asking only that the boy help him run his bar. Motivated against his father who murdered his adopted mother Julia Faust on a ritual spell, he would later become a member of the Outsiders as well joining the Sentinels of Magic later on.
- Archnemesis Dad: His old man Felix Faust. Because he saw his father murder his mother Julia on a ritual his father had performed that eventful day.
- Casting a Shadow: Sebastian can become virtually undetectable by walking through shadows.
- Clairvoyance: Rook can see the spirits of the dead that are usually invisible to others. In addition, by touching someone, Sebastian can let that person perceive the spirits as well.
- Cool Shades He has green tinted glasses in his civilian outfit and purple tint as Rook.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He use dark magic like his father but he use this powers for good.
- Empath: As a result to the process of losing his soul, which gave him his soul-magic abilities, Faust has the unintentional ability of inadvertently making some of those around him be filled with fear, hate, anger, or edginess. This effect does not seem to happen with everyone, but it has an effect on a considerable amount of people.
- Energy Absorption: By making physical contact with someone, Faust can "tap" someone's soul in order to temporary borrow someone's powers or abilities. The person Faust targets with this ability temporarily loses his or her powers and feels fairly weak when the power transaction first occurs.
- Mana: While Rook's mana can naturally replenish, when Faust is low on mana, he can absorb small amounts from others to refuel himself quickly. However, in so doing, he tastes their souls, and not all of them taste very good, particularly the ones belonging to the insane.
- Soul Power: Sebastian uses a form of sorcery known as soul magic; his spells are powered by the souls of others.->
June Moone was taken over by a demonic sorceress known as The Enchantress that also seeks to take over the world. She fights for control of her body and to use her powers for good, or else risks her soul being consumed by this dark entity.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her navel is exposed as the Enchantress.
- Bi the Way: While June herself is heterosexual, the Enchantress is bisexual.
- Dark Action Girl: Even though June is a good person, the Enchantress is an extremely evil sorceress aspiring to world domination.
- Demonic Possession: Annowre the Enchantress is a malevolent entity that has taken over June Moone's body.
- Fusion Dance: June and the Enchantress' souls are permanently joined together.
- Healing Hands: Enchantress's potential magic can rapidly mend wounds on her host body or cure it of ailments of weakness. She can grant this power to others if she deems it necessary.
- Hot Witch: The Enchantress certainly ramps up June's attractiveness.
- Lady of Black Magic: The Enchantress is an extremely powerful sorceress; she is capable of manipulating magical energy for a number of effects. She possesses these abilities whether she is an independent entity or whether she is acting through the body of her host, June Moone.
- Lunacy: She has a moon motif going around. Her civilian self is named June Moone.
- Master of Illusion: The Enchantress is a master of deception and her magic reflects that. She can cast illusionary effects will ensnare all senses.
- Nice Hat: Fittingly she wears an impressive witch's hat with a lunar design.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: Her brown hair becomes darker and longer when The Enchantress is in control.
- Sickly Green Glow: Enchantress' default color motif. By Will alone, Annowre can will eldritch energy into any imaginable shape she can conceive.
- Soul Power: She has the power to control souls, and even have them attack their own bodies.
- Split Personality: The kind-hearted June who just wants to be normal and the Enchantress, a witch in every sense of the word.
- Squishy Wizard: June's the team's powerhouse, but she's a graphic designer and about as tough as you can expect of that. Her magic powers are far more impressive, being sufficient to deal significant damage to the entire world if properly focused and amplified.
- Talk to the Fist: One of her biggest weaknesses these days. She's almost always the most powerful member of the squad, but she's rarely effective. It's because she spends a long time talking, including telling an enemy what she intends to do to them, so opponents just blast her while she's still blabbing.
- Teleport Spam: Teleportation is part of her abilities. The bounds of space mean little to the Switcheroo Witcheroo. In a flash of green light, she can travel to anywhere she has previously been or to the many realms her magic is familiar with.
- Wicked Witch: Downplayed. While she isn't ugly by any stretch (she looks just like June, who's quite attractive herself), she's definitely creepy and is repeatedly described as an "evil hag" or some such including by herself.