open/close all folders
- Adaptational Heroism: These versions of the Seven Dwarves did not rape and enslave Snow White.
- Cast Full of Gay: Resnik is gay, Fawik, Soplik and Tequee are bisexual and Meglik is omnisexual, with Doblik and Laflik as the only heterosexuals.
- Dug Too Deep: Their many tunnels that even lead to other realms and dimensions ended up getting exposed to The Bleed, which caused the creation of the orcs, goblins, ogres, kobolds, and even the Sheeda.
- Gender Flip: In most adaptations, the Seven Dwarves are all male, here there are three females; Meglik, Soplik and Tequee.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: While male dwarves like Resnik and Fawik use melee weapons, females like Meglik use magic, while Soplik uses a gun.
- Immortal Procreation Clause: Dwarves are less fertile than humans, with females not being fertile until their thirties and males much later in life. As such, dwarves that indeed procreate are deeply respected and venerated by the rest of their peers.
- Innate Night Vision: Due to their dwelling underground, dwarves have a naturally intense ability to see in even absolute darkness. This exceeds the keen night vision of their elven cousins.
- Meaningful Name: A 1912 play named them Blick, Flick, Glick, Plick, Snick, Whick, and Quee, which makes up the second part of their names.
- Musical Theme Naming: The first two letters of each of the seven dwarves' names make up Do, Re, Me, Fa, So, La, Te: the Major Scale, commonly used in music.
- Nom de Mom: While the father chooses the Blood name, it's the mother's Clan name that goes to the child.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: Yes and no. While they're indeed short, stalwart, resilient, bearded, prideful, expert smiths and metallurgists, they also have arcane aptitudes, females don't have facial hair, and are closely related to elves and gnomes.
- The Remnant: They are a remnant of the Coalition of Under-Cities known as the Seven Sentinels, who came to Earth after being driven out by the Sheeda.
- Seven Deadly Sins: Unsurprisingly for seven special individuals, each has one the seven deadly sins as flaw; Doblik is greed, Resnik is wrath, Meglik is lust, Fawik is sloth, Soplik is envy, Laflik is pride and Tequee is gluttony.
- True Companions: They're all sworn comrades of Snow White.
- Underground City: Unsurprisingly, they prefer to dwell in underground cities, forming their own kingdoms when they found themselves cut from their main city.
- Undying Loyalty: Bigby has his tourists to tackle important covert actions, but Snow has her dwarves. Having no dwarven crown to serve, these dwarves have pledged themselves to seeing that the silver crown be restored to Snow White.
Doblik the Wise
Doblik Eudachon is one of the seven Sentinels of Zauberwald and sworn comrade of Snow White.
- Affectionate Nickname: Dob.
- Badass Bookworm: Has all the training of a typical dwarf warrior, and he works at Nod's Books (named after the mentor who gave him the 'Wise' honor), teaching the youths of Danny the Street about the history of Earth and The Homelands.
- Cool Old Guy: Elderly by dwarf standards and the wise, capable and loyal leader of the Sentinels of Zauberwald. He even takes a grandfatherly role towards the Wolf Cubs, who are reminded of their grandfather.
- Determined Widow: His wife Ashinara Gildvane is deceased and he serves as leader, teacher, and advisor.
- Greed: Although in his case it's greed for knowledge.
- Improbable Age: With his diligence and dedication, he achieved the rank of Grandmaster Chronicler while still regarded as a young dwarf.
- In-Series Nickname: The Wise, Whitebeard, the True, The Long-Winded.
- Mystical White Hair: He was actually born with white hair and it made him rather popular with the dwurga (female dwarves) in his youth.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: Though Doblik is a Grandmaster Chronicler (itself revered profession that essentially combines the dwarven professions of Historian, Professor, and Scholar into one), he is also a Master ranked Surgeon, Auditor, Appraiser, Surveyor, and Alchemist.
- The Professor: What his title of Grandmaster Chronicler essentially consists, with several other capabilities.
- Really 700 Years Old: He's over 2000 years old, making him twice as old as Resnik and over 1500 years older than Snow White.
- The Strategist: Dob acts as his fellowship's strategist and is always ready to advise Snow White on all matters.
Resnik the Cruel
Resnik Rotammar is one of the seven Sentinels of Zauberwald and sworn comrade of Snow White.
- Alliterative Name: His personal and Clan name begin with 'R'.
- An Axe to Grind: Fitting for a dwarf, his weapon is a runic battle axe named "Dekowyrdwitun".
- Atop a Mountain of Corpses: Being found atop a pile of Sheeda corpses is what made his city to choose him as champion and member of the Sentinels of the Magical Forest.
- The Berserker: Resnik is a berserker, an elite class from the military of dwarves. What this means is that he works himself into a frenzy (whether by anger, pain, or intoxicants), Resnik becomes stronger, faster, and no longer is affected by pain. He becomes a living weapon designed to do little more than kill his enemies. It's a truly terrifying thing to witness.
- Delinquent Hair: Has his hair styled into a sort of mohawk.
- MasculineFeminine Gay Couple: He's masculine, anti-social and without social skills, to the more mellow Fawik.
- Flipping the Bird: As seen in the picture.
- Good Is Not Nice: His title is The Cruel, after all.
- The Jailer: He works for the Mayor's Office as the bailiff for the Court of King Cole and also oversees the care of the prisoners in the Rozzers' jail cells.
- In-Series Nickname: Rez and Red Rez.
- Last of Its Kind: He's the last of the Blood-Hammers after they were all killed in a failed battle.
- Manly Gay: He's an anti-social, wrathful berserker who is married to his sworn comrade Fawik.
- No Social Skills: Bigby has no issues with hiring Resnik and has actually tried on many occasions, but Snow has always talked him out of it as Resnik doesn't really have much in the way of people skills.
- Red Baron: The Cruel, The Bloody Berserker, The Not-so-Dead, The Cannot-Be-Killed, Last of the Blood-Hammers. Fittingly he wears red.
- Unstoppable Rage: When Snow was poisoned by the Evil Queen, Rez grabbed his axe and attempted to end Tsaritsa's life, only to be injured and forced to return to Snow's side.
Meglik the Meek
Meglik Zakül is one of the seven Sentinels of Zauberwald and sworn comrade of Snow White.
- Adaptation Origin Connection: The dwarf that cursed Prince Brandish Descry was her father the dwarven sorcerer Breglik, better known as Rumplestiltskin.
- Affectionate Nickname: Meg and Bride of the Zauberwald.
- Anything That Moves: She's Omnisexual.
- The Baby of the Bunch: She's the youngest of the Seven Dwarves at just 520, and she's still 40 years older than Snow White.
- Childhood Friends: With Lauda, the mother of Snow White and Rose Red.
- I Have Many Names: The Meek, The Mystic, The Maiden of Zauberwald.
- Lust: Her main vice is lust.
- Parental Abandonment: Her mother Vestal was murdered by her mate Breglik, and he in turn would be killed by a cursed Prince Brandish.
- Polyamory: She speaks of the whole of nature as her spouse and though she is intimate with multiple partners, Meg's heart belongs to the Zauberwald.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: Has red hair, green eyes and she's a member of the Seven Dwarves plus an Avatar of The Green.
- Simple Staff: Wears a staff to channel her spells.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: While the dwarven word for "meek" means much the same as it does in English: quiet, gentle, submissive; it also has another possible meaning in dwarf culture. Dwarves are almost always loud, violent, and brash (the exact opposite of meek) and so those who have these behavioral traits are said to be touched by the gods or elder spirits. In Meg's case, it is true.
- Tattoo as Character Type: Her arms are full of tattoos. They're markings that represent her connection and function as Avatar of The Green.
- Town Girls: Appears to be the Neither to Soplik's Butch and Tequee's Femme.
Fawik the Rested
Fawik Mathas is one of the seven Sentinels of Zauberwald and sworn comrade of Snow White. He's the cousin of fellow Sentinel Soplik the Odd.
- Ancestral Weapon: Dondertryph (or "The Thunder That Hits") was once a Relic of Clan Heligmont, passed down from one chief to another. But by dwarf law, if a dwarf is killed in a fair contest of combat then the victor is entitled to the weapons. Though Fawik had no interest in the hammer, when his distant cousin was sent to the Zauberwald, she brought with her Dondertryph to give to Fawik. It went unwrapped and neglected under his bed for years until he pulled it out when he decided to take up arms against Tsaritsa.
- The Berserker: Fawik is a true berserker, or a berserker whose aptitude was natural and not instilled through a particularly harsh training. When he enters his berserker state, Fawik becomes stronger, faster, and no longer is affected by pain. He becomes a living weapon designed to do little more than kill his enemies. But to use this ability easily, Fawik must be drunk or high.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He's most of the time laid back and rather lazy, but don't get him high or drunk and attack him, or you'll see why he's a berserker.
- Carpet of Virility: His open shirt and vest gives you a good look at his chest hair. Presumably his husband Resnik is equally hairy, but since he wears a turtleneck jumper, you can't tell.
- Drop the Hammer: His weapon is a large Runic Warhammer named "Dondertryph".
- My God, What Have I Done?: When he realized that in self-defense, he entered a berserker state and killed his father, leaving him full of guilt since.
- Official Couple: Married to his sworn comrade Resnik.
- Patricide: He ended up accidentally killing his father Medwik in a berserker rage, leaving him quite guilt-ridden.
- Red/Green Contrast: His green shirt represents his normally laid-back nature and serves as contrast for Resnik's red shirt and short temper.
- The Stoner: He even has a joint in his hand.
- Vicariously Ambitious: His father Medwik tried to live through him since Fawik was an unexpected child who forced him to retire early.
Soplik the Odd
Soplik Heligmont is one of the seven Sentinels of Zauberwald and sworn comrade of Snow White. She and Fawik are cousins.
- Bouncer: She works as the bouncer at Udderly Delicious, though Tommy Merlyn insists he never actually hired her. She simply showed up for work one day and claimed she was on the payroll. When Tommy checked his books, all the papers were in order and had his signature. Fearing the alternative, Tommy just agreed to let her remain diligent employee.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Blue hair and blue eyes.
- Fur and Loathing: Wears a fur-lined leather coat.
- Hearing Voices: Specifically she heard the voices of the Sheeda.
- Hellbent For Leather: A leather jacket, giving her a punk look.
- Highly Visible Ninja: You might think a blue-haired dwarf would be a peculiarity in that profession, and you would be right. Soplik is a very unconventional spy. She tends to stand out, but then again they don't call her "Odd" for nothing, do they?
- Loners Are Freaks: Ever since she was a child, she was distant and kind of creepy, hiding in places and observing others.
- No Shirt, Long Jacket: Only wears a bra beneath her fur jacket.
- Red Baron: Blue Death.
- The Rival: Soplik has a huge crush on Snow White and considers Bigby her rival.
- Stealth Expert: She's a trained Shadow. A Shadow is the dwarven equivalent of secret agent. They are trained to be assassins, spies, and thieves in service of the under-cities.
- Touched by Vorlons: More like Touched by the Sheeda, since she was exposed to Sheeda corruption in a pod, dyeing her skin and turning her hair and eyes blue.
- Town Girls: Appears to be the Butch to Meglik's Neither and Tequee's Femme.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The first seen dwarf with blue hair.
Laflik the Foul
Laflik Satolva is one of the seven Sentinels of Zauberwald and sworn comrade of Snow White. Former Prince of the Under-City of Veshrigal and husband of Tequee the Giddy.
- The Alcoholic: He has a drinking problem.
- Badass Mustache: Instead of a full beard he has a mustache. He shaved his beard as a way of sticking it to his father and the nobles who previously had looked down on him.
- Eyepatch of Power: Wears an eyepatch over his left eye. He lost it during a fight while trying to defend Tequee from some business rivals.
- Hates Their Parent: Considering his father Bronlik banished him and his mother from court for the crime of giving birth to twins, it's no surprise their relationship was cold at best.
- I Have Many Names: The Foul, the Second, the Lesser, the Best-Forgotten, the Crass, the Beardless, the One-Eyed, the Short.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's prideful, foul-mouthed and has a problem with alcohol, but as Tequee can attest, he has a true heart of gold.
- Last Disrespects: Showed up at his father's funeral accompanied by a sexy dwarga (Tequee), who was pregnant with his child.
- Momma's Boy: He only agreed to his (heirless) brother's proposal of making his bastard with Tequee heir of the throne on the condition that he named their late mother "True Queen Mother". His brother agreed reluctantly.
- Nice Hat: A cowboy hat.
- Official Couple: Married to Tequee the Giddy.
- One Steve Limit: His older twin brother was also named Laflik, but he used their father's Clan name of Brandas instead.
- Outliving One's Offspring: His son Yflik Shalevane died before him.
- Red Baron: King of Caravans and King of the Under-Roads.
- Self-Made Man: Shunned by his father, brother and the rest of dwarven nobility, he learned on the march and rose on his own as the most important merchant in the Under-City that could not be ignored. Even now he's the co-owner of Brewed Awakening.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Unsurprisingly for someone called The Foul. His narration is full of curses.
- Tattoo as Character Type: His arms are covered in tattoos.
- The Unfavorite: Due to being born as the younger twin, an incredible rarity amongst dwarves, he and his mother were banished from the Under-City court. When his father and the nobles tried to cozy him up due to his importance as a merchant, he showed up at a fancy ball accompanied by a tavern wench. He's sure the shock is what killed his father.
Tequee the Giddy
Tequee Shalevane is one of the seven Sentinels of Zauberwald and sworn comrade of Snow White. She's married to her comrade Laflik the Foul.
- Absolute Cleavage: Her dress displays a lot of her bosom.
- Damsel out of Distress: When accosted by some of Laflik's rivals, he got his eye slashed and she fought them off on her own.
- Florence Nightingale Effect: She and Laflik began to truly know each other after she nursed him back to health after he got his eye slashed trying to defend her.
- In-Series Nickname: The Giddy, the Royal Mother, the Marked.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Yes, as noted under The Oldest Profession, Tequee basically qualifies as a prostitute. Dwarf culture doesn't stigmatize this, however, since they have an important role in dwarf society.
- Multicoloured Hair: Her blonde hair is partially dyed green in braids.
- Odd Name Out: She's the only Sentinel of Zauberwald whose name doesn't end with "-ik".
- Official Couple: Married to her sworn comrade Laflik the Foul.
- The Oldest Profession: Tequee was a sensualist, hedonist, and wench. All of which have specific roles in dwarf culture but were often interlinked by professionals
- A wench was a server at a tavern or pleasure den. In dwarf culture, they were often their own bouncers too, known for breaking hands.
- A hedonist was a wench who was trained to have a high tolerance to drugs and drinks and would indulge in debauchery with their clients as a way to loosen their inhibitions and get them talking about troubles.
- A sensualist was a hedonist who would help their clients release their troubles through a sexual ritual known as "arraral" or catharsis.
- Outliving One's Offspring: Her son with Laflik, Yflik Shalevane, died before them. She's rather sad that she couldn't get to know him very well.
- Tattoo as Character Type: Tequee bears the tribal tattoos of two tribes: the Handar tribe and the Shelavene tribe, both remnants of Two Under-Cities lost to the Sheeda incursions.
- Town Girls: The Femme to Meglik's Neither and Soplik's Butch.