open/close all folders
The Wolf Clan
Click for Big Bad Wolf
The Big Bad Wolf himself. A reverse-lycanthrope, a wolf who can take the shape of man, Bigby is the Sheriff of Danny the Street and the chief enforcer of the "Fabletown Compact".
- Adaptational Heroism: He never tried to kill Red Riding Hood or her grandmother. In fact, he and Red were close friends for years.
- The Atoner: He's fully aware of how many people he killed in his bad old days and isn't proud of it.
- Bad Guys Do the Dirty Work: Cites this as one of the main reasons he is pegged to be the Sheriff of Danny the Street, and states that keeping the really evil things he has to do for the greater good from his bosses is one of his most prominent duties.
- The Big Bad Wolf: The very same, except that now he's only one part-time due to becoming a werewolf.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: His eyebrows are bushy and make him look even more expressive.
- Blow You Away: As he is the son of the North Wind, Bigby has control over the lower-tier winds, plus the ability to exhale air with the force of a hurricane.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: Bigby was raised and lived as a pure wolf for centuries before conforming to civilization, and has a rather interesting sense of right and wrong. He cares nothing for morality outside of keeping one's "pack" and "territory" safe, and judges weakness, incompetence, irresponsibility and disloyalty far more harshly than malevolence.
- Carpet of Virility: Bigby's chest is noticeably hairy, which makes sense, since he's a wolf in human form.
- Defeat Means Respect: He grew to respect the Three Little Pigs for having him beaten twice, first when he was a runt, and centuries later when he was much bigger and stronger, almost killing him. He personally offered them the chance to follow him to Earth and they agreed.
- Genius Bruiser: He's a very good investigator and also fully capable of kicking ass.
- Healing Factor: Bigby is capable of rapid recovery from even the most grievous of injuries (i.e. impalement) and can do so without any visible scarring.
- I Have Many Names: He's been known as The Big Bad Wolf, Hound of the Hesse, Br'er Wolf, Beast of Gevaudan, Gaffer Wolf, Wolf of the Winter Wind, Bigby Rawlins, John Holbe.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Snow White describes Bigby as a "Hot Head with a heart of gold".
- Kryptonite Factor: Silver does far more lasting damage to Bigby than any other substance. If injured by a silver weapon, it will take him much longer to heal than it would from being injured by a weapon composed of conventional material. He's also vulnerable to Cold Iron thanks to his mother's side and Adamant thanks to his father's side.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Not only he and Snow White have seven children, he happens to have three brothers (Greyheart, Snapjaw and Longtooth) and four sisters (Lumi, Kesa, Syksy and Kevat). He's also the half-brother of the Nordic Gods Freyr and Freyja and the Greek gods Kalais, Zetes and Khione through his father Boreas/Njord. And let's not forget his many half-siblings through his mother Lilith.
- Must Have Nicotine: Constantly seen smoking cigarettes.
- Non-Human Humanoid Hybrid: His father was the greek god Boreas while his mother was Lilith, the Mother of Monsters.
- Papa Wolf: Don't threaten the children of someone who can turn into a wolf the size of an elephant.
- Occult Detective: A fairytale wolf in a human shape who uses his sense of smell to track clues and his old powers to kick ass.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: He's a massive wolf transformed into a human, and he can both partially and fully transform back into his true form. Also, he's not a Fable in the conventional sense, since he's not made of Vorpal energy, instead he's made of both eldritch and infernal magic, and although he would most likely revive if he were killed like other Fables, he doesn't want to test it.
- Perma-Stubble: Has a noticeable five o'clock shadow, which goes with his general scruffiness and cynical outlook.
- Related in the Adaptation: Being the child of Lilith he's the half-brother of Ruby, Mazikeen and many more half-siblings. He's also the brother of Lumi the Snow Queen and three other sisters plus his three wolf brothers.
- Jack Frost is Lumi and Jack Horner's son, making him Bigby's nephew and cousin of his children.
- His Spirit uncles are the Greek gods Zephyros, Notus and Euros.
- It also turns out his father, the North Wind, has a more famous name; Santa Claus.
- Super Breath: His inheritance from the North Wind. In other words, he "huffs and puffs".
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Has glowing gold eyes when in his Big Bad Wolf form.
- The Sheriff: He's the Sheriff on Danny the Street in charge of enforcing the laws of Fabletown.
Deputy Mayor of Fabletown, ex-wife of Prince Charming and the one really running the place as the chief representative.
- Action Mom: Mother of seven and a very powerful Fable.
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Inverted. The Seven Dwarves did not rape Snow White as per Fables canon.
- Affectionate Nickname: Bigby calls her "Snow".
- Age-Gap Romance: She's only 484 years old, while Bigby is 1596, but thanks to their immortal nature, the age difference doesn't matter that much.
- Best Friend: She and Beauty are best friends, which cannot be said about their husbands.
- Control Freak: Perhaps it's unfair to call her something so extreme, but most people agree that Snow White is at her best when she's in charge and if given a chance to take a leadership role, she'll definitely jump all over it.
- Cool Sword: Her Golden Blade.
- Deadpan Snarker: Her cynical, yet witty mind enables her to spew venom when the situation calls for it.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Seen as the Responsible to Rose's Foolish, although Rose is more rebellious than foolish.
- Interspecies Romance: With Bigby. While she's a human Fable, he's a Wolf who can turn human.
- Light Is Good: A Reasonable Authority Figure in a white suit.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: She's the mother of Bigby's seven children, Winter, Blossom, Therese, Darien, Conner, Ambrose and Ghost Wolf.
- Master Swordsman: Trained by her ex-husband Prince Charming (probably the finest swordsman to ever live) to wield her Golden Blade.
- Meaningful Appearance: She dresses in a white suit, wears snowflake earrings and her shirt has snowflakes, while her belt buckle has a red apple, all to indicate she's Snow White.
- Number Two: As Deputy Mayor of Fabletown.
- One-Night-Stand Pregnancy: She found herself pregnant with Bigby's children after drinking too much during a feast at Noatún, finding out after eating a magical cookie made by Panacea.
- Pretty Princess Powerhouse: True heiress of the Silver Realm, the Fairest in The Land and a master swordswoman.
- Proper Lady: While she occasionally indulges in swearing, Snow is very prim, polite, and follows the rules of Fabletown strictly as well as she enforces them.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: She has her signature black hair, pale skin and red lips.
- Shipper on Deck: She supported the romance between Resnik and Fawik.
- So Beautiful It's a Curse: Being the Fairest of Them All makes Snow White a juicy target to witches and sorceresses who seek to attain that power for themselves.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Girly Girl to Rose Red's Tomboy.
- True Companions: The Seven Dwarves are her sworn comrades.
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: She's the Fairest in the Land for a reason.
The Wolf Cub Pack
From Left to Right: Ghost, Ambrose, Blossom, Darien, Therese, Conner, Winter
- Age Lift: In the comics they appeared as either children or adults, but here they're teenagers.
- Alliterative Name: Five of the seven children have an alliterative middle name. Winter Wind, Conner Cole, Darien Daniel, Blossom Beauty and Ambrose Arthur.
- Blow You Away: They all can create, shape, and manipulate air (defined as the layer of atmospheric gases and various compounds retained by Earth's gravity). This includes the creation of powerful bursts of wind whether by magnifying existing airflow or exhaling the breath from their lungs (known as "huffing and puffing").
- Color-Coded Characters: White (Winter), black (Conner), yellow (Therese), brown (Darien), red and green (Blossom), blue (Ambrose) and red and black (Ghost).
- Heinz Hybrid: They are half-Fable, a quarter Daimon and a quarter Demon.
- In the Blood: They're all highly magical individuals, something they get from both sides of the family.
- Personality Powers: The Wolf Cubs' mixed physiology, combining the heritages of Fable, daimon, and demon with lycanthropy has resulted in each of the seven having vastly different abilities as their genetics appear to actually alter due to whichever type of essence they heed the urges the most.
- Omniglot They all have the ability to understand any language and be understood in any language. This includes the ability to speak to intelligent animals and read or write in languages that they have previously studied to some degree (even if only briefly).
- Our Werewolves Are Different: They are rather unusual for werewolves. While they can turn into a wolf, with all the perks that come with it, like immortality, healing, enhanced strength, speed, reflexes and senses, they have no venom and the moon has little to no effect on their minds or bodies.
- The Prophecy: Snow White received a prophecy involving her children shortly after their conception.
"Seven souls will you carry to birth,
More sacred a womb never on this Earth.
Your daughters are goddesses three,
While the sons will all heroes be.
One shall master magic black as night,
Another's voice is as pure delight.
One shall bring the coldest freeze,
Another sways beasts and trees.
One will be brave and wild,
Another more meek and mild.
One will die before their breath,
But will live again and bury the rest."
- Seven Deadly Sins: Fitting for seven siblings, they all have one of the seven deadly sins as vice; Winter is pride, Conner is lust, Therese is greed, Darien is wrath, Blossom is sloth, Ambrose is gluttony and Ghost is envy.
- Wolf Man: They were born in partial wolf form and were unable to take human form for the first three years of their lives. During that time they aged twice the rate of human children.
- Younger Than They Look: Only thirteen years old but look sixteen due to their accelerated growth during the first years of their lives.
Eldest daughter of Bigby and Snow White, she takes a leader role among her siblings.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: In the comics she had black hair, which only turned white after she became the newest North Wind.
- Adaptation Personality Change: In the comics she was rather shy and only started showing confidence after she became the North Wind, but here she's prideful and the leader of her siblings.
- Adaptational Sexuality: In the Fables comics, she's bisexual. Here, she's listed as heterosexual.
- Alliterative Name: Her full name is Winter Wind Wolf, named after her paternal grandfather Boreas/Santa Claus.
- Color Animal Codename: Her alias White Wolf.
- Cool Big Sis: It took her some time but she finally became this for her younger siblings, offering them comfort as best as she could.
- An Ice Person: True to her name, Winter also has cryokinesis, control over ice and snow. She's even called Ice Princess and she can instantly freeze water and use air moisture to create snow, slush, hail, icicles, and frost.
- Kryptonite Factor: Due to her parentage she has a mild weakness to adamant and silver.
- The Leader: She usually leads her siblings when they're humans, but takes a beta role when they're wolves.
- Meaningful Appearance: Has white hair, gray eyes, has a snowflake pendant and wears a white dress, all to show her connection to the season she's named after.
- Mystical White Hair: She was born with white hair and the one that inherited the biggest control over the winds from her father.
- Official Couple: Dating Adam Constantine.
- Pride: She's the proudest of her siblings.
- Weather Manipulation: Winter can sense, create, shape, and manipulate the weather. This includes manipulating meteorological patterns, creating rain, wind, hail, lightning, snow, sleet, fog, and temperature changes. In particular, Winter can use this ability in conjunction with her Aerokinetic and Cryokinetic abilities to bring sudden snowfall, freezing rain, and powerful winter gales.
Eldest son of Bigby Wolf and Snow White. Conner has tapped more into his demonic heritage than his siblings and has used that to fuel his rapid mastery of sorcery and the dark arts.
- Anything That Moves: He's pansexual.
- Color Animal Codename: One of his nicknames is Black Dog and the other is Black Wolf.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: After his parents caught him in a number of compromising situations with a number of peers, Conner was shackled with a sibling chaperone whenever he had one of his weekly Mystik U classes to attend, first it was Winter and later Ambrose.
- In-Series Nickname: Black Wolf, Black Dog, Cŵn Annwn, Barghest, and Dip.
- Kryptonite Factor: Besides the mild weakness towards silver and adamant, due to tapping even more than his siblings into his infernal ancestry, he has began being affected by wards and magic used to target demons, things which don't even bother Bigby.
- Lust: He's not attached to anyone right now and he loves it.
- Meaningful Name: Conner is a variant of Connor, which has "wolf lover" as one of its possible meanings. Quite apt for someone who frequently shapeshifts into wolf form. His middle name is Cole, which also means black.
- Named After Somebody Famous: He was named Conner Cole, named after Snow White's former father in-law and benefactor.
- The Quiet One: Conner is a quiet kid. He's not shy when he's around his siblings or those he finds attractive, but he is pensive and perceptive.
- Romantic Wingman: Served as this for Ambrose and Holly Dayton, hoping becoming a couple would keep him off him as he indulged in perverted things, until he realized that now Holly would co-chaperone as well.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Inherited his mother's hair color and good looks but inherited his father's brown eyes.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Sure, he's not that tall (5'7"/170cm), but he has dark hair and sure is handsome.
Second daughter of Bigby and Snow White.
- Attention Whore: She loves being the center of attention and has become addicted to the admiration and adulation of others.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her outfit shows her navel to go with her summery motif.
- Big Sister Bully: She often bullied her younger brother Ambrose, until Ghost accidentally almost killed her by "drawing her breath" from her lungs, and avoided him for weeks until she apologized to Ambrose and Ghost to her.
- Dead Guy Junior: Her middle name Lauda comes from her late maternal grandmother Lauda.
- Charm Person: She has supercharged enchanted charisma.
- Generation Xerox: She resonates the most with her mother's natural magic.
- Greed: Her major vice is greed. And not exactly for material things, but for popularity, admiration and adulation.
- In-Series Nickname: Her alias Sun Wolf.
- Little Big Sister: She's the shortest of the three sisters at just 5'5"/165cm tall, making her shorter than her younger sister Blossom, who's 5'7"/170cm tall.
- Meaningful Appearance: Blonde hair, yellow clothes and a star pendant, all to represent her connection to the summer season.
- Meaningful Name: She was named in honor of her warm smile (Therese is derived from a Greek word for 'summer').
- Odd Name Out: She's the only one of her siblings that doesn't have an alliterative middle name.
- Psychic Block Defense: Therese's mind cannot be read, nor can her memories be probed or her consciousness manipulated to fall under the spell of any form of telepathy. Her mind operates on a different frequency and such attempts will be met with psionic feedback which causes Therese to detect who has made such an ill-advised incursion into her mind and will also almost certainly give the other party a migraine from hell. As the saying goes, "don't play a player."
- Spoiled Sweet: This girl has a charmed life where she just about gets whatever she wants from most people all the time. While she is kind of a brat and can be overly dramatic, she does try to help people when the thought occurs to her.
Middle son of Bigby and Snow White. Usually called "Dare". The most similar to his father in looks and personality, wild and adventurous, he assumed the "leader of the pack" role from early on.
- Adaptational Attractiveness: He has a lot less baby fat than his comics counterpart.
- The Beastmaster: Darien has the passive psychic ability to captivate the attention of humans and animals alike. Furthermore, as the alpha, Darien's enchanted charisma holds more sway with his siblings as well as with wolves, canines, and lycanthropes that feel inferior to Darien.
- Big Little Brother: Despite being born after, he's taller than his older siblings Winter and Conner.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Brown hair and eyes.
- Hellbent For Leather: Wears a brown leather coat.
- In-Series Nickname: Little Bad Wolf, Alpha Pup and Baby Bad Wolf.
- The Leader: Despite being the quintessential middle child, Darien is the alpha of the cub pack - whether he wants to be or not, that is his burden.
- Lunacy: While the moon doesn't affect his mind or body, he has noticed it's easier and quicker to transform during a full moon.
- Meaningful Appearance: His coat, wolf pendant and hairstyle all serve as reminder he's the closest in looks and personality to his father.
- Named After Somebody Famous: He was named Darien Daniel, in honor of the Fables' new benefactor, Danny the Street.
- Rebellious Spirit: He has no interest in the burden of responsibility that his father is adamant he must taken on and so he actively rebels against his father's authority. As Bigby is the sheriff, this means Dare usually breaks laws and pulls pranks on Danny's most influential residents.
- Smug Smiler: Has a mischievous smile on his face.
- Spared by the Adaptation: It's been confirmed he won't die like in the comics to save Therese and he'll remain alive.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Inherited his father's eyes, hairstyle and eyebrows.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Due to his closer connection to his wolf side, he's more vulnerable to silver than his siblings.
- Wild Child: Even the prophecy of their birth mentioned he'll be brave and wild.
Youngest daughter of Snow White and Bigby Wolf.
- Anything That Moves: She's pansexual.
- Beware the Nice Ones: When some thugs chloroformed her and tried to sell her to the Dollmaker, she snapped from the drugged state quicker than a human and slaughtered them all.
- Big Little Sister: Despite being born after, she's taller than her sisters Winter and Therese.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: She was actually the first of her siblings to learn how to turn human for an infinite amount of time, but she has little drive to do things beyond following her siblings.
- Color Animal Codename: Her alias Red Wolf.
- Generation Xerox: The most like her grandmother Lauda.
- Friend to All Living Things: Blossom appears to have inherited her grandmother Lauda's connection to both flora and fauna, but had it supercharged by virtue of having a daimonic heritage. Like her siblings, Blossom can talk to beasts but she can further to also commune with plants and the entire eco-system around her.
- Meaningful Appearance: A green floral dress, nails painted in different colors and the hippie accessories all represent her connection to nature and the spring season.
- Mellow Fellow: Gives this type of vibe to go with her hippie image. And her major flaw is sloth.
- Mugging the Monster: The thugs that kidnapped her had no idea who they had kidnapped and drugged.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Her middle name comes from Snow White's best friend Beauty.
- Nature Lover: Blossom is the ultimate flower child. She's regularly found sitting on benches with one or two animals perched on her person. If you're on Danny and you hear a rooftop drum circle going on, chances are that Blossom's there.
- Redhead In Green: She's a redhead who dresses in a green floral dress.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: Just like her aunt Rose Red, Blossom has green eyes and auburn hair and she has a greater connection to nature than her siblings.
- Vegetarian Carnivore: Due to the aforementioned incident at Gotham during the Cataclysm, she decided to turn vegan. While she can't become 100% vegetarian, she keeps to it at least 80% of the time.
- Youthful Freckles: Has them to go with her youthful disposition.
Third son of Snow White and Bigby Wolf.
- Big Beautiful Man: Certainly more rotund than his brothers, but not bad looking.
- Big Eater: His vice is gluttony.
- Big Fun: Large but a pretty friendly guy.
- Big Little Brother: He might be the youngest (at least physically), but at 6"/183cm tall, he's taller than his older brothers Conner and Darien.
- Determinator: While he might not have any unique abilities when compared to his siblings, he has a remarkable resolve and determination.
- Endearingly Dorky: His awkward demeanor ruined his brother Conner's mojo at Mystik U, until he helped him get to know Holly Dayton.
- Ill Boy: For the first few years of his life he was small and weakly, until he finally put on weight and improved in health and size.
- In-Series Nickname: Big Wolf and the Runt of the Litter.
- Named After Somebody Famous: He was named after Flycatcher/King Ambrose, who helped deliver the children, and after King Arthur.
- Official Couple: Currently dating Holly Dayton.
- The Runt at the End: He was the runt of his siblings when he was born. Until he was about six or seven, Ambrose remained physically weaker than his siblings and had a number of health problems. It was likely this weakness that drew Ghost to him, allowing the two to become friends before the other cubs in the pack.
- Team Normal: The only one of his siblings who doesn't have any outstanding magical or werewolf abilities, but he compensates with determination.
The youngest child of Bigby and Snow White, who was born without a body of flesh and blood, but family nonetheless.
- Badass Longcoat: Wears a black and red leather trench coat.
- Canon Welding: He's a Warder, a servant of Death, connecting him to the Endless.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Red hair and red eyes.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He might be a Warder with chalk white skin, red hair who dresses in black, but he's not a bad person.
- Flight: Ghost can freely defy gravity. He can cruise at speeds up to 50 MPH or soar at speeds approaching the speed of sound.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Ghost is neither living nor dead, but his corporeal form heals from damage at incredible rates. Often his wounds heal before your eyes. Missing limbs recover in mere days.
- Green-Eyed Monster: His vice is envy, and he can feel envy towards his siblings for being alive.
- In-Series Nickname: Brother Boo, G-Dub, G-Money and Spooky.
- Invisibility: Ghost's natural state is to be invisible to corporeal senses. He can adjust this state to manifest to corporeal senses or further conceal himself from even those with basic supernatural senses. He can extend this effect to his clothing as well.
- Odd Name Out: He's the only one of his siblings who doesn't have a middle name.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: He's Warder, a spirit who has no body and can only be seen by those that have the power to detect the unseen.
- Non-Indicative Name: He's not really a ghost and can't transform into a wolf, hence his nickname of Non-Wolf Wolf.
- Not-So-Imaginary Friend: At first Snow thought he was merely Ambrose's imaginary friend, until she and Bigby found him trying to kill Therese by suffocating her.
- Psychopomp: As a Warder, it is his duty to help Death, which is why he's not seen that often at Fabletown.
- The Quiet One: Ghost is a quiet kid that you don't see out in public often, if at all.
- Sweet Tooth: Becoming a Warder left him with an insatiable sweet tooth.