How do you get something you want from another person? Logical arguments, diplomacy, trading, bribery, force, or — if you're a woman trying to persuade a man — the mere fact of having tatas.
Yes, because writers think All Men Are Perverts, women don't even need to pretend that getting sex is a likelihood or even a possibility. All they have to do is possess secondary sexual characteristics to get men to do their bidding. We mean, They're Men, They Can't Help It, right?
Manipulative seduction, of course, can happen in real life, but is rarely (if ever) this straightforward. This is another one that's fallen somewhat out of favor in The New '10s, except when it's Played for Laughs, which is where it works best. At one point a common gag was to have a woman try this on a male character who would turn out to be gay, but this version is becoming a Forgotten Trope in recent times.
For related tropes, see any number of similar story beats about women showing off to cause stuff to happen: Distracted by the Sexy, Favors for the Sexy, Honey Trap, Sexposition, Show Some Leg, Lysistrata Gambit.
- Assassination Classroom: Early on, Nagisa lists "breasts" as one of Koro-sensei's weaknesses after noticing the latter ogling Irina Jelavic, a Femme Fatale assassin sent by the government to kill him. This is later exploited during a game of cops and robbers when the students bribe Koro-sensei with a racy photograph to let them out of "prison", and again on Valentine's Day when Kaede gives him a picture of Aguri Yukimura in a bikini as a distraction.
- In Ben-To, Sen Yarizui uses this on both Hana and You to get them to join the Half-Priced Food Lovers club.
- Bleach: Rangiku Matsumoto's not above using her appeal to help her get what she wants, such as the time she tried to convince Ichigo to let her sleep at his house by unbuttoning her already partially undone blouse. Aside from the occasional reference (usually comedic, but sometimes insulting) in the manga and its related omakes, the anime takes this much further and has a field day using Matsumoto's chest as actual weapons to help her manipulate men (usually Hisagi).
- Faye Valentine in Cowboy Bebop hints that this may be the reason behind her iconic outfit.
- Dragon Ball:
- Bulma tries to invoke this occasionally. It seldom does much good: Yamcha is too bibbledy over her to be useful, Vegeta is too much of a Jerkass, and though Goku will usually help her out, it's because his Grandpa taught him to be nice to women, not because he is particularly attracted to them.
- One subversion in the original Dragon Ball actually involves Bulma offering a lot more than a peek to General Blue, who is consequently horrified by the prospect, hinting his tastes run... elsewhere.
- The only time this tactic has worked for Bulma is when she has to cajole Master Roshi into giving up a dragon ball. Due to forces unexpected, she ends up giving the Turtle Hermit a bit more than she thought she did...
- One episode of Golden Boy has a busty blonde as an office boss.
- Great Teacher Onizuka: Urumi often uses her feminine charms to get her way, like when she pretended to seduce Onizuka when they first met, or when she teased her tutor by offering him her panties if he could solve an impossible math problem.
- Ukraine tells Russia to 'show them your breasts!' in a flashback Hetalia: Axis Powers. However, Ukraine has Gag Boobs that even have their own sound effect, while Russia's a dude. In the same scene, there's a Funny Background Event: little Belarus, listening to Ukraine's speech and making snow boobs.
- In episode nine of Kamen no Maid Guy Naeka infiltrates a cake shop for her friends to find out why the place is so successful. It turns out it has nothing to with the food because it's terrible. It's just that their mostly male customers are completely enamored with the waitresses all of whom have large breasts.
- Naruto, despite being male, tried to use this on Killer B via shapeshifting. It doesn't work, since B Likes Older Women. It worked on Jiraiya, though.
- Momoko Kibitsu from Ōkami-san and her "kibidango" that she uses to control her three fanboys (and Urashima) in a very tongue-in-cheek reference to the legend of Momotarō.
- Invoked and lampshaded in Otaku no Musume-san. The author even goes so far as to put in a sidebar note "Are huge breasts truly righteous!?"
- The H-anime Private Psycho Lesson tells the story of a hypnotherapist who uses her ample chest to hypnotize her patients.
- Suggested in the Beach Episode of Rahxephon. Ayato's drawing ability becomes known, Cathy McMahon subtly rubs one of her breasts in Ayato face, 'suggesting' that he pick her as his next subject.
- Ranma ½: What do you get when you take one protagonist that's a Manipulative Bastard with a Heart of Gold and make him a Genderbender? That's right. This trope.
- Rosario + Vampire: Kurumu Kurono may be a succubus who has the power to charm men into loving and obeying her, but having breasts big enough to suffocate the main character only makes it easier.
- Chapter 3 of Torako, Anmari Kowashicha Dame da yo has Enma getting roped into promising to show off her boobs to any boys who help her defeat Torako. It works, as she has a small army ready to take on Torako. However, when Torako sees them, and sees that Enma is clearly embarrassed by the whole thing, she swings a steel beam at the boys and politely tells them they shouldn't bully. The boys immediately fold, declaring Enma's bra size isn't worth risking their lives for, and not even Enma throwing her bra off on the spot will persuade them to return.
- You're Under Arrest! had one chapter about a topless mugger who used her breasts to distract targets before tasing them. "She" turned out to be a man wearing a harness with fake breasts attached to it that were rigged to shock anyone who touched him. The girls took him down with a bodysuit that had guns hidden in the breasts.
- Basically the central conceit of Manyu Hikencho: in this manga's version of medieval Japan, a bigger bust confers wealth and social status for the woman possessing it. The Manyu Ninja clan exists to manipulate this society for the shogunate's benefit by deflating the breasts of enemies of the state to get them outcast.
- In Young Justice, the first villain the team ever fought literally had this trope as her superpower. After she had retrieved a Super-Cycle from an archaeological dig, mousy but slightly hot Nina Dowd was transformed into the voluptuous Mighty Endowed. ME's power was the ability to shine, er... headlight-type beams from her newly ample bosom, hypnotizing all men who saw them. The responses from the guys were hilarious. For the record, she was defeated when her newly gigundus breasts caused her to lose her balance and fall flat on her face, blocking her powers. In a later appearance, she literally had to have a pair of male minions help her stand.
- Power Girl (the Most Common Superpower incarnate) tried to use this a time or two with varying levels of success. Lampshaded in Superman/Batman "Nevermind arc" when Superman, while he is trapped in Power Girl's body, gets information from a hotel manager.
Superman: I wish all my interrogations went so easily.
Batman: It appears that there are more effective techniques than a rubber hose...
- During a fight with the Incredible Hulk in The Ultimates, The Wasp had to distract the Hulk. So, she just undid her top and showed her boobs in all their glory.
Nick Fury: A double PHD and all you could think of to distract the Hulk was the Mardi Gras special!?!?
- To get access to a corpse, Tim Drake had to dress as a female med student in a costume apparently created by Alfred. When Tim complains about the bust being too big◊:
Alfred: I made them big enough that you would get preferential treatment, but not so big that you'd be remembered.
- Bridget Keating's standard tactic in Knights of the Dinner Table. It notably doesn't work when she runs up against a security guard she had dissed the year before, and who remembers her only too well.
- Lampshaded in Young Avengers by Hawkeye and her Kree boyfriend Noh-Varr:
Noh-Varr: Have I mentioned I have mind control saliva?
Hawkeye: It's okay. Many parts of my body are mind control.
Noh-Varr: This is true.
- Asterix provides a non-boobs example: Cleopatra may be an angry witch, destroying vases and sentencing people to death for petty reasons, but who will dare argue with her? She has such a pretty nose!
- In the "Unholy Ruin" story, Lady Death's ally Hanax is placed under a spell that turns him against her. When her own magic fails to free him she resorts to showing him her breasts. It doesn't work either as the magic is too strong.
- Emma Frost has admitted to dressing in Stripperiffic outfits to throw people off guard and better manipulate them. In issue #10 of ''Marauders, she and Pyro are confronted by guards while sneaking around a Russian ship. Emma flashes her breasts at the guards and then uses her Telepathy to make them shoot each other.
Pyro: Hot damn! How do you control so many at once?
Emma: It's easy to control leering monkeys, Pyro, when they all have the same thought.
- Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash: Bree is fairly proud of getting Ash to buy her a lot of stuff with his employee discount just by walking up to him in a low-cut shirt.
Bree: When you've got tits like mine you only have to tease— boys'll do just about anything if they think they might get a taste.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series:
- Lampshaded all the time with Mai Valentine. It's taken to such an extreme at one point early on that she's able to perform a literal Jedi Mind Trick on a guard using only the power of her breasts.
- Tea tries this during the "Cancelled Series" story arc to convince Kaiba to come with them. It doesn't work.
Kaiba: Those... are... very nice, but I'm not interested.
- Harry Dresden remarks on this trope in Child of the Storm, specifically about how Jean Grey could bend most young men to her will because of this entirely without resorting to her Psychic Powers.
- In Plan 7 of 9 from Outer Space our heroes express skepticism that a bionic woman is more intelligent than a man. She demonstrates by using her breasts as a Jedi Mind Trick on a male guard.
- Beyond the Outer Gate Lies... has a gender bending omake in which fem!Harry has this super power.
- In the Parody Fic Starship Hooters 3: Undresser this is revealed to be the Bug's Evil Plan for Captain Beck (played by Jolene Blalock, lately Ms. Fanservice of Star Trek: Enterprise).
BIGHUGECOCKROACH: YOU ARE THE KEY TO ENDING THIS ENDLESS WAR AGAINST THE HUMANS. THROUGH YOU I SHALL INSPIRE SLAVISH WORSHIP AND GRATEFUL SERVITUDE.
BECK: How? By making the human race think that you're a god?
BIGHUGECOCKROACH: NO. BY SHOWING THEM YOUR TITS!
[tentacles rip off Captain Beck's top, and millions of Trekkies bow down in worship]
- In the One Piece Gender Bender Fanfic Mellorine! Mellorine!, Luffy immediately realizes he can use his new body to cajole extra servings out of their lady-loving chef. Sanji also realizes the same thing.
- A lot of Sonic the Hedgehog fans like to portray Rouge the Bat as this.
- Thousand Shinji: When Shinji is being more annoying than usual, Asuka tells him stop it if he wants to see her boobies "any time within the next decade". He stopped.
- Referenced in the The Hunger Games fanfic "I Am Not a Victim"; Glimmer- the District One female tribute in the first book and Katniss's ally in this fic- notes that the District One academy focused on physical power above all else, so she relied on her sexuality to help create the impression that she was a dumb blonde while 'encouraging' other students to help her.
- In "Chakotay's Brain", one of Sazzy's Gag Sub parodies of Star Trek: Voyager, Seven of Nine demands to be made Number Two after Captain Janeway gets rid of Commander Chakotay.
Janeway: Your amazing breasts...er...I mean powers of persuasion have worked.
- In Harry Potter and the Old Friend after Harry makes a suicidal dive to catch the Snitch during a Hufflepuff/Slytherin game, Susan drags him into his room and takes off her top and bra.
Susan: If you ever want to play with these again, let alone see them again, promise me you'll never pull another stunt like that one again.
- In Hermione and the Tournament Harry and Hermione start dating shortly before the First Task of the Triwizard Tournament.
Hermione: If you get first place... the bra comes off.
- In The Power Of Love, Fleur uses this with her allure to interrogate Bill about his and Dumbledore's plans for Harry.
- In Converstations and Accusations Molly got Arthur to start dating her by getting him tipsy and then showing him her boobs.
- In The Hero and the Veela Neville spends a little too long staring at Gabrielle.
Susan: If you ever want to touch my boobs again, you'll knock that off.
- Munich: This is a distinctly unfunny aversion. A female assassin kills a member of the Israeli team, and when they come for revenge, she exposes her breasts to them and tries to bargain. They shoot her dead right where she stands.
- Erin Brockovich: When asked how she will gain evidence: "They're called boobs, Ed."
- Men in Black II: Serleena comments, "Silly little planet. I could rule the place with the right set of mammary glands."
- Attempted but not successful in Bordello of Blood.
Rafe: I'm not going to tell you those aren't the Breasts of the Century, but I'm just not digging the owner, so why don't you put those away - you're just not my type.
- In Waterworld, Helen strips in front of the Mariner to prevent him from throwing her child off the ship.
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines: Subverted. The TX is speeding in a stolen convertible and a police officer stops her. She spots a big Victoria Secret billboard with a model wearing a wonderbra and inflates her bust size before the cop walks up next to her. It works and the cop is momentarily distracted by her cleavage, but instead of using it to get away with speeding, she kills him for his gun.
- In Material Girls Hilary Duff's character watches Erin Brockovich and remarks that you can always get your evidence with nothing but a push-up bra. She invokes this when she tricks the security guard with a cleavage-revealing Little Black Dress.
- In Jennifer's Body, Megan Fox's character uses this to get drinks despite being underage. She later cites this trope almost by name to her best friend, telling her breasts are like smart bombs: you point them in the right direction and the magic happens.
- In The Cannonball Run a pair of jumpsuited beauties in a Lamborghini use this to evade speeding tickets. It ends up backfiring on them when they try it on a cop who, as they soon discover, has her own impressive assets in this area.
- During the rescue sequence of The Living Daylights, Bond gets a little help from this trope; his Big Beautiful Woman helper on the east side of the Berlin Wall distracts a guard by unveiling her assets. When last seen, the distracted party is planted face-first in them while the defector escapes.
- White Chicks: "Oh, Honey, you are so barking up the wrong tree right now."
- In Billy Madison, Veronica helps Billy study history by asking him what year certain events took place, removing an article of clothing for every correct answer. Unfortunately, his bus driver does the same thing.
- In the medieval comedy Gladiatrix, the heroine's newly acquired French husband is disappointed over her lack of breasts. When she magically acquires breasts during the course of the movie, she's able to return home and order her husband to carry out numerous household tasks.
- In The Heat Mullins invokes this when Ashburn is trying to seduce a mobster, telling Ashburn to "use your boobs!" Ashburn shoves the man's face into her cleavage. At least it worked.
- In Star Trek: First Contact and in later appearances in the television series, the Borg Queen seems to be consciously applying this trope. The Borg are extremely unsexy cyborgs, yet for some reason her (entirely mechanical) body has a decent pair of "nodes" and is designed so that her head and torso (the only parts of her that are organic) fit into it so that it looks like a rubber bodysuit with a low-cut neckline. Needless to say, her behavior is flirtatious and her technique for trying to subvert Data is outright seduction.
- In Dark Shadows, Hot Witch Angelique (Eva Green) pulls this on Barnabas (Johnny Depp):
- In Epic Movie, the White Bitch demands that Edward tell her where his siblings are. Edward refuses, until the White Bitch shows him her boobs, whereupon he instantly blurts out their location.
- In Vlog, Brooke conducts an experiment to see if she can snare a man solely through the power of cleavage alone. She succeeds, commenting that she could stay in the restroom for 20 minutes and Brandon will still be waiting when she comes out.
- Rachael in Midnight Movie, who despite telling Kenny that she has a boyfriend and has no interest in dating him, is still able to persuade Kenny to go to the basement and change a bladder of syrup for her by promising him to show him her new tattoo.
- In Change of Habit, Barbara convinces some men to help her move furniture into her apartment by walking down the street in a short dress slipped off her shoulder.
- Cowards Bend the Knee: Pretty much literally in the case of Meta, who exposes her lovely breasts for Guy but won't let him touch them until after Guy agrees to her revenge/murder plot.
- In Bet Your Life, Carmen uses her cleavage to try and and schmooze her way past the doorman at the Tower Casino, but he is too dedicated to his job. She then tries it on a member who is far more susceptible.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude, mentions that "The great swamp in the west mingled with a boundless extension of water where there were soft-skinned cetaceans that had the head and torso of a woman, causing the ruination of sailors with the charm of their extraordinary breasts."
- The Promise from The Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love is related to this.
- In the earlier Discworld books it's mentioned that people are practically lining up to be arrested by Angua because of her... unique talents. This, of course, is stated before it becomes clear that she's a werewolf capable of shredding anyone who resists arrest ...
- In The Dresden Files novel Turn Coat, Harry's apprentice Molly gets information out of a rival P.I. by employing this trope. She takes off her bra under her T-shirt, and uses a cold beer bottle to...... bring attention to the fact she's not wearing a bra, before going to talk to the guy in his air-conditioned car. As Harry comments, "He didn't stand a chance".
- In American Gods, Media tries this on Shadow through the TV while in the body of Lucy from I Love Lucy. It Makes Sense in Context. "Have you ever wanted to see Lucy's tits?"
- In Warbreaker, Blushweaver - the goddess of lust and honesty - shamelessly employs her divine mammaries to manipulate her fellow gods.
- In The World Inside, Aurea tries this on Siegmund to get him to keep her and her husband from being forced to move to the newest urbmon, even though she knows it is unlikely to succeed in a society where anyone is generally anyone else's for the asking, sexually.
She approaches him, pulls her shoulders back, unsubtly lets her nipples come thrusting through her garment of mesh. Hopeless. How can she magic him with two pink nubs of stiff flesh?
- Naked Came the Stranger: During arguments with her husband Marvin, Helene Goodman partly unbuttons her blouse to make him calmer and more likely to agree with her.
- Attempted by Jenna on 30 Rock. Upon arriving at a restaurant, the Maitre'd tells her it will be a 45 minute wait. She bends over, opens her top button... And it's still going to be a 45 minute wait.
- "When we get there, the drinks are on these!" Penny, in The Big Bang Theory.
- In the pilot of Bones, Angela is waiting for Brennan at the airport, but finds the arrivals board broken and therefore has no idea at which terminal Brennan's plane has arrived. She goes to speak to a serviceman, who is too busy punching keys to talk to her. After about ten seconds of being ignored, she rips open her shirt, showing off her breasts in a bra. The FATASS man then gives her his full attention.
Angela: Yeah. Hi. The flight from Guatemala?
[and then Brennan walks up behind her]
Brennan: Tell me you tried "Excuse me" first?
- Used quite frequently as a joke in Brass.
- Casados Con Hijos: Laura and Coqui try to buy something expensive, so Laura hugs sensually the salesman and asks for a discount. "Excuse me, I'm gay". So she leaves him... and makes Coqui hug him sensually instead, and ask for the discount. "Excuse me, I'm gay, but not desperate".
- One episode begins with the cast discussing who's going to say what about Joey's new show without hurting his feelings (they pass around the Damned by Faint Praise standbys like "the lighting was good."). Phoebe doesn't have to say a word — she just presses him against her chest. His response? "... It wasn't that good." It later turns into a Brick Joke when his show gets canceled. As Joey is completely distraught, he asks "It was a good show! Right!?" Then both Rachel and Phoebe press him against their chests simultaneously.
- In "The One With All the Football," Rachel, Monica and Phoebe have to figure out some way to defeat the guys in a football game. Phoebe flashes Chandler, distracting him enough to enable her to steal the ball. The second time she tries it, Chandler covers his eyes but ends up running into a bush and losing the ball anyway.
- In Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Aphrodite manages to stop a huge brawl dead in its tracks simply by taking her top off. Herc thinks she's losing her touch if she has to get naked to do it.
- Heroes: Claire Bennet pulls this, convincing a man to enter a drinking contest with her (which she knows she can't lose, thanks to her regenerative powers) by removing her shirt.
- How I Met Your Mother:
- In one episode Robin and Lily are trying to get back into a club where Robin was on the VIP guest list, but since the bouncers changed shift, the current one won't believe that she is supposed to be let in. Robin and Lily flash him and get allowed in, giving a gratuitous flash to the nerds standing near the door. (Lucky guys!)
- And when Lily's boobs got bigger due to pregnancy, Barney is instantly attracted. He even makes a bet with Marshall and Lily that he can perform a Japanese-style cooking in exchange for permission to touch Lily's boobs or else he will be forced to wear Marshall's duckie tie for a year. In the end, Barney loses the bet when Lily flashes him.
- In the first episode of The Inbetweeners, the boys are discussing whether or not they'll get served at the pub. Simon doesn't want to look like a loser in front of his crush, Carly, if he doesn't get served which leads to this:
Will: She might not get served.
Simon: Girls always get served. As soon as they get tits they get served.
- In the penultimate episode of the British comedy Is It Legal?, Darren's girlfriend convinces him to look for another job (and deflects his question over whether she stole money from one of his co-workers) by pulling up her top and showing him her bare breasts.
- Used by a teenaged criminal in the fourth season opener of Justified. "She showed me her titties and ran out the back."
- Kröd Mändoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire: Aneka easily gets things from men (even enemy soldiers) by having sex with them, though much of this just seems like an excuse (since she does it a lot).
- Played very darkly once in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit when a girl uses this to convince her boyfriend to rape her little sister.
- Lucifer's mother Body Surfs into the body of Tricia Helfer and even though she's completely unfamiliar with life on Earth, she quickly works out the ground rules.
Lucifer: How did you even find your way here?
Mom: Well it wasn't difficult. I simply smiled at a male human and asked him to take me.
- Unusually for this trope Mazikeen is quite willing to use it on the ladies as well.
Chloe: How did you get in here? (the police station)
Maze: Let's just say Samantha at the front desk is no longer into men.
- Lucifer's mother Body Surfs into the body of Tricia Helfer and even though she's completely unfamiliar with life on Earth, she quickly works out the ground rules.
- In a Halloween-themed edition of Mike & Molly, Victoria Flynn follows the science-fiction theme her family adopt for costumes by making herself up as Eccentrica Gallumbits, the Triple-Breasted Whore of Eroticon Six with the addition of a prosthetic third breast. She uses this as her own Trick to disperse some over-age and yobbish trick-or treaters, by flashing all three breasts at them. zipping up her top after making her point, she declares
If I had four of these, I could rule the world!
- Played quite literally in Misfits where one girl has hypnotic tits. That isn't a figure of speech, her (involuntary) power is to cause men to stare at her breasts and then do whatever she tells them to.
- Haley on Modern Family prepares to bring this trope into play when she needs to obtain the last of a very popular toy as a Christmas present and it has just been grabbed by a man. As she adjusts her cleavage and makes her approach, she overhears the man on his cellphone and realizes that he is a Camp Gay. Foiled, she has to find another way to get the toy away from him. Jay also uses this to land a big deal with a difficult customer. He has Gloria present from a brochure about his products, while holding it strategically positioned beneath her breasts which are showcased by a low-cut top. The client is absolutely mesmerized.
- On New Girl, Cece tries to use this on Schmidt (explicitly to lure him into sex when he insists he needs to work). He manages to resist, pulling a gender-swapped Lysistrata Gambit, in part because he's upset she was bragging earlier about having all the control in their relationship.
- In The Office, Jan gets Michael to rekindle their relationship by getting implants. Michael had no desire to get back together with her until she showed him the goods. Michael maintained that it was not shallow but "emotionally magnificent".
"You made a good argument...Hers was bigger."
- A Season 5 episode of Reno 911! saw the female deputies assigned allegedly bulletproof vests that are styled far more like sexy bustier corsets, accentuating their cleavage. Deputies Williams and Weigel use their "assets' to non-violently subdue recidivist meth fiend "Big Mike" (who is wildly swinging a samuari sword), mesmerizing him and luring him into a waiting police car. They even "put 'em on the glass" for good measure.
Deputy Williams: Hey! Get your ass in the car!
- In the first episode of Outlaw, Lucinda (Carly Pope) tells Eddie that she's going to get the construction plans she needs from a government office by flashing her breasts. She gets the plans, but it's left ambiguous as to whether she actually had to flash her breasts to get them or was just teasing Eddie.
- Elliot and Jordan on Scrubs both do this fairly frequently. Although Elliot would use this on J.D., at times she had some ethical dilemma because she didn't want to build a reputation on her sex appeal (with others telling her it is okay because as a female doctor she got the short end of the stick anyway). Jordan, not being a doctor or even a real working woman, has no qualms about that. At one point, Elliot believes that her breasts have miraculous healing powers that enable her to cure sick patients by showing them off.
- In the episode "The Gum", Elaine does it by accident; a button falls off from her blouse, resulting her showing a great amount of cleavage, but she doesn't notice it, until she easily convinces a policeman to tell a florist to disconnect a hose he was washing the sidewalk with.
- In another episode, while meeting with an NBC executive, George is caught looking at his teenage daughter's cleavage, so the executive turns down their idea for a show. To get revenge George and Jerry make Elaine basically shove her cleavage in the executive's face, thus causing him to reconsider the show.
- On Spartacus: Blood and Sand, especially in the case of Roman women such as Ilithyia and Lucretia, you can tell a woman wants something based on her showcasing them while making her request or demand. Averted with slaves however, as they are often forced to go topless by default, making it a case of their masters and mistresses saying "You have boobs and you must obey".
- Averted in the Stargate Atlantis episode "Trio", when McKay, Keller and Carter are trapped underground, and McKay suggests that Carter should offer a glimpse of her breasts to motivate a group of boys to help them. Carter, appalled and incredulous, refuses. Keller just ignores him.
- Star Trek: Enterprise revealed that the entire Orion race basically works this way.
- Donna in That '70s Show works this one out and subsequently manages to convince guys of things by just showing her bra strap. She also lampshades this one with a downward look:
Donna: These things are awesome!
- 3rd Rock from the Sun:
- In an episode, Sally conducted an experiment to see how much abuse a man would take from a beautiful woman before he would tell her to go to hell. She invited a man over and bossed him into doing an endless series of chores, never once showing an interest in him. Eventually, he collapsed from exhaustion and she exclaimed, "Oh my god! I'm so hot I killed him!"
- One time Sally and Nina went to the watering hole. Sally approached some random guy.
Sally: Hey, buy us a couple of beers?
Man: Sure. So are you girls going to the big game?
Sally: We don't want to talk to you, we're just broke.
- Subverted in another episode. In an effort to reduce Mary's parking ticket fines, Officer Don has her assigned to a judge who is easily influenced by cleavage. However, they change judges at the last minute and Mary ends up doing her flirty act for a strict, serious judge who charges her with contempt of court. Double subverted in The Tag when the same judge offers to reduce the fines and eliminate the contempt charge if she spends the weekend with him at a hotel. Mary turns him down on the basis of his choice of hotel.
- Will & Grace: Karen Walker tries to do this to a cop (Vince) when pulled over for reckless driving by making them talk to him in baby voices. It doesn't work.
- The song "My Blouse" by Carrie Dahlby is about a woman getting out of a traffic ticket.
- According to some Catholics, Jesus answers to His mother, the Virgin Mary, in heaven whatever petitions she brings forth to Him, because she shows Him the breasts which she has fed Him with.
- Marlena (Terri Runnels). Played straight, later averted.
- Straight: On the premiere episode of Shotgun Saturday Night, January 4, 1997, Goldust (w/Marlena) faced The Sultan (Rikishi) (w/Mr. Bob Backlund). At one point, the Sultan had Goldust trapped in the Camel Clutch. Marlena got up on the apron and, with her back to the camera, lowered the top of her dress (though she was wearing a paste-on bra), causing Backlund to freak out and attempt to cover the Sultan's eyes. Goldust ultimately won by countout, and Marlena was jokingly announced as the "winner."
- Averted. Crossed with Real Life Writes the Plot: Under her own name, she was the manager for the Radicals (Dean Malenko and Perry Saturn) in early 2001. Saturn had faced Mike Bell on the May 12 (taped May 7), 2001 episode of Jakked in a match where Saturn got dropped on his head and retaliated by stiffing the heck out of Bell, leading to him being Put on a Bus for a few weeks. On the May 21 episode of Raw, Terri entered the APA's office and attempted to distract them by pouring their beer on her white shirt. Later, the APA faced Saturn and Malenko (w/Terri, who had changed to a robe) in a match where, as Saturn's punishment for stiffing Bell, the APA beat the heck out of him, with Bradshaw No Selling Terri flashing him. This led to Saturn's gimmick of saying goofy things that always ended with him saying "You're welcome!" and carrying around a mop he called "Moppy."
- Miss Jackie Gayda. She flashed Rob Conway, with her back to the camera, during the Rico-Rob Conway (w/Rene Dupree) match on the January 26, 2004 Raw, leading to Rico winning the match. During the postmatch replay, Lawler was so flustered he mixed up the names of La Resistance.note
- The seguidilla in Carmen. After being arrested, Carmen convinces José to let her go by singing a song that can be summed up as "I'm available, let's meet at an inn later tonight."
- Dragon's Dogma has the character Madeleine, a traveling merchant who's not above leaning over a bit more when she doesn't get what she wants by asking.
- This is Kenny's field ability in South Park: The Stick of Truth. Keep in mind that Kenny is a 9-year old boy dressed up as a princess, yet the ability proves very effective with other boys of his age.
- One of the protagonists of Octopath Traveler is Primrose, an erotic dancer whose unique Path Action, "Allure", convinces NPCs to follow her. They'll even provide assistance by fighting alongside her in combat for several turns.
- Summertime Saga: Roxxy regularly uses her breasts to get her way with the Main Character when she needs him to do a favor for her.
- While Maya Fey of Ace Attorney is reasonably small-breasted, her (dead) sister Mia has a much larger bosom. On one occasion Maya channels her to fill out a waitress outfit that Maya was wearing, thus convincing an older witness with a maid fetish to give them information. Mia is not pleased about her role in the ploy. It's also used in one of the short oekaki comics in the Case Files manga, where Maya channels Mia in order to get the waiter to give her another serving of pork... And in case 3 of the first game when a kid (a witness) will not cooperate with Phoenix, but will do whatever Mia tells him to.
- April May, a witness in the second case of the first game, deliberately invokes this. She dresses in revealing clothing, and one of her sprites has her deliberately bouncing her chest to draw attention to it. It works so well that when she appears in court, Phoenix has to remind the judge that there's supposed to be a cross-examination after she testifies. Once the cross-examination actually gets underway, however, she flips out after Phoenix pokes one hole too many in her flimsy story. None of the characters appear the least bit interested in her sex appeal after that.
- In Melody, Bethany gives Steve a blowjob in return for helping her bust up the protagonist's and Melodys relationship.
- In School Days, depending on the-player-as-Makoto's actions towards Kotonoha and Sekai, the usually shy Kotonoha can decide to openly use her sex appeal (especially regarding her Gag Boobs) so Makoto will stay with her and ditch Sekai. There's a very uncomfortable scene dedicated to this: when Kotonoha finds out that Makoto has cheated on her with Sekai, her reaction is to manipulate Makoto by playing on his guilt over the cheating to get him to feel her up... Then she takes photos of Makoto groping her Gag Boobs, sends them to Sekai and uses them to force Sekai to break things off.
- The Fruit of Grisaia:
- Attempted, but Yuuji couldnt care less about Amanes boobs.
- Yuuji convinces Amane to use her womenly charms on the male owner in order to secure Makina a part time job at the bakery.
- When Germaine gets a job at a local coffee shop in an episode of Neurotically Yours, she acknowledges to Foamy about how all she has to do is wear very revealing shirts to show off her cleavage (and ginormous boobs), and she gets more tips. Said tips start to decrease once she gets a breast reduction.
- In Casey and Andy, time-traveling Jenn gives this as the reason why the younger Casey and Andy have to agree to help her time-travel back home.
- Actually backfires and plays into the plot. It led to a crush, which led to the seduction of the past-Jenn, and her being married to Andy in the present, which she then has to go back and fix.
- Hell, Satan explains what finishing touches she put on woman come Creation.
- This is a life strategy of Julia Greenhilt from The Order of the Stick. When she tries this on Durkon ("Don't you want to pay attention to the girl with the boobs?") and he doesn't react, she decides he's gay and catatonic. He later (off-screen) subjects her to a talk about respecting her body.
- In Questionable Content, Ellen wears short-shorts to coerce Steve to help Marten move.
- Misfile: Ash, being an involuntary Gender Bender, is understandably reluctant to exploit her rather ample chest in this way, leading bewildered flat-chested Missi to fantasize about what she would do if she had Ash's "assets".
- Jade's sister, Miranda, in PvP does it to virtually anything male. It only has about a 50% success rate. Brent tries to resist it (and usually does), Cole has too much business ethics, Reggie is blind, and Max is (at the time closeted) gay. It works perfectly on Francis and Jason and most passers-by. Miranda typically counters this with a rapid fire approach.
- Jamie of Girls with Slingshots is a Big Beautiful Woman and curvy all over. The curves she's rocking up front are especially powerful, and she knows it.
- She routinely relies on her busty charm for favors, and doesn't take any money to buy drinks at a bar because "That's what boys are for". This backfires when she's at a gay bar: Jamie is shocked that her "powers" don't work.
Hazel: ...Your breasts aren't currency here!
Jamie: Powers... weakening...
- It's so second-nature to her that when an extra-cold winter forces her to stash the cleavage, she doesn't understand why everything becomes more expensive and less convenient. She's rather taken aback to discover that even her closest friends have been swayed by it.
Jamie: You've been giving me boob discounts?!
- Jamie later explains that she's not joking when she says her boobs are magical. She really does have magically enchanted breasts. So do all the women in her family, ever since her ancestor received a Gypsy Curse from a kind Gypsy who ensured she'd be Cursed with Awesome. Jamie teaches her sister that their well-endowed family's magic must be wielded responsibly.
- She routinely relies on her busty charm for favors, and doesn't take any money to buy drinks at a bar because "That's what boys are for". This backfires when she's at a gay bar: Jamie is shocked that her "powers" don't work.
- Sometimes used by Lilah in Ctrl+Alt+Del to make Ethan do things. These were used to instantly cure him of his addiction to Everquest; an addiction that otherwise took at least two weeks of therapy to cure.
- Ethan claims to have learned from this, and later attempts to use his penis to create this effect on Lilah. This does not work at all.
- Daisy from Daisy Is Dead tries to do this, but it only worked when she was still alive. Being a zombie complicates things.
- Intentionally parodied by Robin DeSanto in Shortpacked! who wants to use her body to influence people, only she just can't figure out how.
- It's mainly because she's trying to seduce a gay guy.
- She does successfully use them to secure her position in congress. According to the headlines: "Polls surge, Constituency firm and erect."
- Inversion in Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic, where Wolf's status as having the best ass in the Underdark allows him to sleep his way up the ranks — he's a male Drow in the female-dominated world of the Dark Elves.
- In an Easy Skankin guest comic crossover with Ansem Retort, Dingy tries to invoke this on Duke to get him to do a guest comic for her. He points out that her boobs violate the Geneva Convention, and also that, if he did this, she would have to admit that she was lazier than a sprite comic artist. She relented.
- Defied in Dominic Deegan:
Barkeep: Very nice, Melna, but you still have to pay for those beers.
- Enjuhneer: Penny tries it out on Julian here, but is mortified that it actually caused him to put a petty concern of hers above his finals. Kali later makes uses of Lyta's boobs to open doors.
- Sahira of Spinnerette jokingly refers to this as "Wonder Twin powers." Spinnerette treats it as an actual superpower on par with her own abilities, though Sahira's more relaxed about it.
- Sabrina Online has Tabitha understanding quite early how it works.◊
- In this strip from Slimy Thief Aisha wants to join the thieves guild but they reject her because they're no longer accepting new members. However, when Aisha shows off her Breast Expansion powers they make an exception.
- Another reluctant Gender Bender example shows up in Sailor Sun, when Bay makes sure she's showing a lot of cleavage when she goes to the immigration office to find out why she's being deported.
Bay: "Man, I hate having to resort to this."
- Schlock Mercenary's Edward Bunnigus has this as part and parcel of her "exotic dancer" gene package. However, her bundled hyper-intelligence package enables her to weaponize it. Overreacting Airport Security beware.
Kathryn Flinders: ...You broke that boy's brain with the look on your face. I can read a man and figure out his hot-buttons. You, though... You read that ingress agent, found his buttons, and then told him which one you were going to push.''
- Orneryboy: Dirtygirl is losing a video game session, but finds a way to distract Orneryboy and turn the tables on him.
- Far Out There: Technically, Layla doesn't flaunt her boobs (usually), but she most definitely has them, and the boys absolutely obey.
- Grrl Power's Dabbler, being a succubus, has literally hypnotic breasts, which she uses to troll straight girls and titillate anybody with any attraction to females. Sydney's plan for defeating Vehemence requires distracting him with Dabbler's jiggling jubblies.
- This comic strip on DeviantArt shows that lesbians are just as susceptible to the power of boobs as straight men.
Girl: Hi, I heard you were a lesbian.
Author Avatar: [rants about being pigeonholed by this single trait] ...I've had just about enou—
Girl [unzips her top]
Author Avatar: Hi, I'm a lesbian.
- This Cracked article clearly explains the power of boobies.
- Parodied here in "How To Succeed at Job Interviews, or Just About Anything, Really." Nice boobs will get you a job.
- Used in The Fate of Paul Twister, by Aylwyn of all people! Though her delivery is less of a command/coercion and more like "I already know you will obey, because I have boobs."
- Tink and Clara convince Codex to try this in The Guild to make an attractive neighbor forget that she threw up on him.
Clara: More cleavage!
Codex: I don't have more!
Tink: She means get more out.
- In the Fark video "World of Wifecraft", the husbands can be perpetually killed by their wives (necessitating that they run back to their bodies from the graveyard) because the wives' breasts instantly raise them to max level.
- Tom from Echo Chamber begins sleeping with his Psycho Ex-Girlfriend Shannon again because she has great boobs.
- In 'Bro Team Pill's review of Singularity, Broteam gets sidetracked from his incoherent rant about time spheres when he notices a woman.
Broteam: There's even balls on the front of this guy's shirt, and for some reason they make me want to do whatever this guy says.
- Girlfriend Reviews: Averted In Living With a Lord of the Rings Nerd: Matt was ignoring Shelby in favour of his Lord of the Rings collection:
Shelby: A power beyond any boobs is corrupting his mind.
- Critical Role: In a moment of Bathos, when Yasha is mind-controlled and forced to attack her friends, her girlfriend Beau flashes her breasts in an attempt to snap her out of it. It doesn't work, but it gets her a mid-battle kiss when the mind control is dispelled.
Ashley: Titties for the win once again!
- Francine from American Dad! is a practiced expert at this. In the episode "My Morning Straitjacket", to help Stan get backstage to meet the lead singer of My Morning Jacket, she pulls this against several security staff, including flashing her breasts and making out with another woman.
- She attempts it (and fails) in another episode, trying to get something out of some CIA agents. Lowering the straps of her dress doesn't work, giving him her panties (taken off right in front of him) doesn't work, but the second she mentions her brownies his partner charges over in a Humongous Mecha and takes them. "He makes it hard to negotiate," the first scientist remarks.
- During an early episode of Family Guy, Peter recalls trying to get out of a speeding ticket by pulling his shirt up to expose his man-boob. It doesn't work.
Peter: Ah crap, I get the one straight cop in Rhode Island.
- Frisky Dingo: Sinn with her disguise as "Hooper" is appointed the new leader of the Xtacles, they rebrand themselves the "Decepticals" and have a statue of "Hooper" they worship. Awesome X immediately deduces they appointed "Hooper" for "his" tits, though he admits they are awesome and is disappointed when a cheer is broken up.
- Robot Chicken:
- The sketch "The Lion, the Witch and the Locker", a parody of The Chronicles of Narnia. The RC-nerd wound up in Narnia and the White Witch asked him to help her to defeat the talking lion, Aslan (referred to "an allegory for Jesus" and "the Jesus-allegory-lion"). When the Nerd wondered if a mere lion (albeit a talking one) was worth his effort, she just sighed and showed him her boobs. He instantly agreed to obey.
- Following a Gender Bender moment, he does this at the video store.
Video Store Owner: That will be $68.50... [the Nerd flashes him and the guy gasps] by which I mean free!
- Marge discovers the advantages of having large breasts in The Simpsons after (accidentally) getting breasts implants.
- Exaggerated, then defied on South Park. Bebe, who's nine, begins developing very tiny breasts, and suddenly all the boys in school think she's super smart and special for reasons they can't explain. Eventually, everyone's so determined to make her their friend that they devolve into cavemen and begin fighting each other. Bebe chooses to defy this trope, and eventually the boys learn how to do so too. This is shown when Wendy walks in after getting breast implants and the boys just laugh at the ridiculous size.
- Used in an episode of Stroker and Hoop where a henchwoman had the ability to hypnotize people regardless of gender by getting them to stare at her breasts. She also swirls them around, like a hypno-spiral.
- Invoked accidentally by Heather in Total Drama when she tries to cut Harold's tether during the water-ski challenge, but her shirt got swagged off a nearby tree branch leaving her topless. Harold, who got a full sight at Heather's boobs during the incident, becomes distracted and crashes into a rock losing the challenge. He spends the rest of the episode in a trance uttering the word "boobies".
- Parodied in Æon Flux. After a shootout where she kills dozens of henchman, Aeon finds that the last surviving Mook has her dead to rights. She immediately tries this trope, unzipping her top and trying to move seductively towards him... and is immediately shot dead.
- Regular Show inverts and uses this trope in a strange manner. Muscle Man ends up shirtless during his date with Starla at the skating rink. He flexes his pecs in such rapid succession that they begin to glow. Any female that looks at them becomes entranced.
- The original '80s shirt said ALL THIS AND BRAINS TOO.
- Abercrombie & Fitch used to sell T-shirts for girls that read right across the chest: "WHO NEEDS BRAINS WHEN YOU HAVE THESE?" A group of teenage girls protested and managed to get the shirts pulled from the shelves.
- T-Shirt Hell sells a shirt which reads "I'LL BE USING THESE TO MY ADVANTAGE".
- One T-shirt is a played with example, subverting boobs and using sexy bottom. Who needs big tits when you have an ass like this.
- The band Silverfish had a slogan Hips, Tits, Lips, Power which also found its way on to a T-shirt and sums this trope up quite nicely.
- One 80s shirt that said OBJECTS UNDER THIS SHIRT ARE LARGER THAN THEY APPEAR.
- There are shirts with "OBEY" written over the breasts.
- Weirdly enough, mostly worn by men (although those may be a Banksy/Andre the Giant reference).
- One that panders to the tabletop-RPG crowd: two twenty-sided dice, 20 side up, and the caption, "Yes, they're natural." (Some TTRPG systems have a roll of a natural 20 automatically succeed on certain checks.)
- There are numerous cases of topless robbers who use this distraction to keep victims from getting a good description of their faces... a plan which is frequently prone to failure.
- The ancient Greek courtesan Phryne got acquitted from a trial for sacrilege by showing her breasts to the (all-male) jury. This is also a case of cultural dissonance, though; in ancient Greece, physical beauty was often seen as a symbol of favor by the gods, so displaying her body was a legitimate rebuttal to charges of sacrilege. (There was also the aspect of, "What, sentence me to death... and destroy these works of art?!")
- Jennifer Tilly is known for using all of her assets to her advantage when playing poker. Here is a small album of her poker plots over the years. (Shannon Elizabeth is also a professional poker player but she dresses more like a civilian at the tables.)
- This is so pervasive in Real Life that studies were actually conducted, finding that a female's earning power increased roughly 5% with every extra letter in cup size, especially in service-oriented jobs where tips make up a large proportion of income. MythBusters tested whether larger breasts resulted in a larger tip by having Kari work in a coffee shop, first with her normal bust, then with Suppressed Mammaries, and finally wearing a set of prosthetics to give her a substantially increased cup size. While they found no statistical difference in the tips she received with the smaller bust as compared to her normal size, there was a definite increase tips when she wore the larger breasts - to the tune of nearly 40% more, with larger tips from both men and women. (Of course, it was in San Francisco). Proving once and for all the old adage that there is only one letter difference between "tits" and "tips".