I hate X.
It chronicles the life and adventures of Ornery Boy, an ornery man who finds joy in harassing people, along with his wife Dirty Girl, dirty as in messy, who is cheerful and nature loving. They are happily married in their creepy house along with their cat, and a rapping, martial artist zombie named Brian.
The comic's uniqueness stems from the fact that there is no Art Evolution in its 400+ run since the artist uses flash to store all of the characters as objects and pastes them. The comic's presentation however did improve on the latter half as the author began to use Flash's animating property to put snippets of animation into various frames of the comic.
Contains examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: Ornery Boy, Dirty Girl... Brian?
- Art Evolution: Absolutely none in character design, but check out the beginning and number 258, and you can see the technical difference.
- Brain Food: Staple zombie diet it seems, although they do seem awfully attracted to steaks.
- Berserk Button: Cruelty to animals will make Dirty Girl rage with vengeance.
- Blank White Eyes: Sign of zombies or hypnotism.
- Car Fu: Ornery vs zombies
- Cool Car: Black Volkswagon driven by Ornery Boy might qualify.
- Cuteness Proximity: Dirty Girl's primary weakness.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Many of Ornery's solutions and dreams consists of killing the offender.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Lots of deaths in this comic tend to be of this sort.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Ornery Boy is ornery.
- Eye Scream: some of Brian's humor work on this, and Ornery suffers one.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Each comic's title is groan worthy..
- Jerkass: Ornery Boy's mood actually improves when others are made miserable.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: What Ornery is to Dirty Girl, Brian and his friends.
- Kick the Cat: This earns a fierce retribution from Dirty Girl.
- Limited Wardrobe: Averted and played straight. Characters have changed their clothes for the appropriate occasions, but it's always the same clothing. Ornery himself has a closet full of identical grey/black outfits
- Morality Chain: Dirty Girl and Brian for Ornery Boy. Halloween costumes are always different though.
- Nobody Poops: Averted. Ornery can be seen on the toilet on occasion.
- Nosy Neighbor: Appropriately named Mr. Mc Meddle. He's actually not very nosy, just friendly toward his neighbors, and happen to look over the fence at the worst moments. Ornery still hates him.
- Not a Morning Person: Ornery has NEVER been cheerful in the morning
- Not What It Looks Like: Ornery wasn't happy that he appeared to like cats.
- Oh, Crap!: Given the injuries and supernatural ordeals they face, this happens to pop up quite often.
- Raising the Steaks: Murder of crows actually mean something now.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Dirty Girl Goes through one against two jerks who ran over a cat.
- Shout-Out: Cthulhu Mythos and horror movies in general, along with goth and rap music references.
- Sick Episode: With all the drinking and bodily injuries, many of them invoke this.
- Sweet Tooth: Dirty Girl has a crazy Sweet Tooth.
- The Collector of the Strange: Orneryboy's Uncle has some weird stuff, including the dreaded Necronomicon, which Ornery appears to have inherited.