Megan Denise Fox (born May 16, 1986) is an American actress and model. In 2004, she made her film debut with a role in the teen comedy Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. In 2007, she co-starred as Mikaela Banes, the Love Interest of Shia LaBeouf's character, in the blockbuster action film Transformers, which became her Star-Making Role. Fox reprised her role in the 2009 sequel, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Later in 2009, she starred as the eponymous lead in the black comedy horror film Jennifer's Body. Fox is also considered one of the modern female sex symbols, with her status as a Ms. Fanservice being so well established that the promotional posters for Jennifer's Body had nothing but Fox on the poster with hardly any indication what the movie was about. Even when she's playing a man-killing demon, she's still hot.
She also practices Brutal Honesty, being extremely blunt in interviews about her bisexuality, how awful her movies are, how she didn't really act in Transformers, how Michael Bay is nuts, etc. When asked if she wanted to play Wonder Woman, for example, Fox quickly dissed the character, making her unpopular with some segments of comic book fandom.
Fox was not included in Transformers: Dark of the Moon because of her statements comparing working under Bay to working for Hitlernote (Bay said in June 2009 that Fox was fired on orders of executive producer Steven Spielberg, who disapproved of her comments about Bay). Fox and Bay have apparently reconciled and she was cast as April O'Neil in the Bay-produced remake of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and its 2016 sequel.
Megan Fox has won both Sexiest Female and Worst Actress awards.
Fox's works include:
- Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
- The Dictator
- Jennifer's Body
- Jonah Hex
- Friends With Kids
- How to Lose Friends and Alienate People
- New Girl (season five, covering for Zooey Deschanel)
- Passion Play
- This Is 40
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Action Girl: In neither the Transformers or Ninja Turtles films does she play the damsel, and often gets just as involved in the action as the heroes.
- Adam Westing:
- In The Dictator, where she plays a version of herself that has affairs with rich dictators.
- Also in How to Lost Friends and Alienate People, where she plays a ditzy young Hollywood starlet who can barely act and only gets roles because of her good looks.
- Age-Gap Romance: She and Brian Austin Green got together when she was eighteen and he was thirty.
- Awesome, Dear Boy: She says she took the title role in Jennifer's Body because of the Crosses the Line Twice dialogue."To be able to say the shit that she got to say and get away with it."
- Brutal Honesty: She doesn't really have much of a filter when it comes to her opinions.
- Casting Gag:
- Dawson Casting:
- Dyeing for Your Art: She went down to 97 pounds in Jennifer's Body to play a corpse.
- Hide Your Pregnancy: She was pregnant during Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a couple of scenes had to be rewritten.
- Hollywood Hype Machine: The second Transformers became a huge hit; she was instantly propelled into worldwide fame, with near-constant hype from many sources. She took a few years off when other films didn't do as well.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's one of the biggest sex symbols of the late 2000s.
- Old Shame: Like most of the cast and crew, she disliked Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. She isn't a fan of Jonah Hex either, saying that she doesn't want her children to ever see it.
- The Other Darrin:
- She replaced the nearly nine-years-older Nicole Paggi as Faith Ford's oldest child for seasons two and three of Hope & Faith. There has never been an official reason for the change, but Faith Ford has implied it was because Kelly Ripa didn't get along with Nicole during Season 1.
- She filled in for Zooey Deschanel in Season 5 of New Girl.
- Pretty in Mink: She's worn fur wraps in some of her movies, when playing a rich, glamorous woman.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: The media has noted that Megan wanted to move away from generic Ms. Fanservice roles and go after more layered parts, but had to take roles in blockbusters for the money.
- So My Kids Can Watch: She cited this as a major reason she starred in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Typecasting: Was cast as the Alpha Bitch on a few occasions (pre-Transformers). Now she's shed that, only to be typecast as Action Girls - although there are of course worst type-catings. Her character in Jennifer's Body was almost a combination of the two types.
- What Could Have Been: