Robert Thomas Conway Jr. (born November 28, 1974) is an American professional wrestler from Louisville, Kentucky who is best known for his work in WWE from 2000-2006. Conway began his career in Memphis Championship Wrestling (MCW) and Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW), teaming with Nick Dinsmore under the names Limited Edition (MCW), the Borkcin Brothers, and the Lords of the Ring (OVW). Together, they would win the hey would hold the NWA MCW North American Tag Team Titles once and the the OVW Southern Tag Team Titles 10 times. He also held the OVW Heavyweight Title 3 times. From 2000-2003, he participated in several tryout matches for WWE until finally getting his break in 2003. He debuted on Raw as an American serviceman who was an ally of the French Foreign Wrestling Heel Tag Team, La Résistance (Sylvain Grenier and René Duprée). Over the course of his WWE run, he would hold the WWE World Tag Team Titles three times with Grenier replacing Duprée, who went to SmackDown in the Draft Lottery. Afterwards, Grenier would also be traded to SmackDown and Conway would be a singles competitor named the "Con Man". Conway was released in 2007, but not before winning both the OVW Heavyweight Title and OVW Southern Tag Team Title (with Pat Buck) once more.
Conway would go on to compete in Northern Championship Wrestling (where he and Grenier would win the NCW Tag Team Titles), Juggalo Championship Wrestling and various promotions of the National Wrestling Alliance. In the NWA, he he held the NWA World Heavyweight Title 2 times and NWA World Tag Team Title twice once with Jax Dane and three times with Matt Rivera. He also competed in New Japan Pro-Wrestling from 2013-2015 and returned to OVW where he once again became the OVW Heavyweight champion.
As always, you can find more info at The Other Wiki.
- All-American Face: In Vendetta Pro Wrestling at the Casino Royal events. His foreign opposition was not vilified though.
- Cool Shades: Started wearing them as the "Con Man" in WWE. Wears them in NWA and New Japan.
- Distracted by the Sexy: When Miss Jackie Gayda flashed him, with her back to the camera, during his match with Rico on the January 26, 2004 Raw.
- The Fighting Narcissist: As the "Con Man", lampshaded by his theme song, "Just Look at Me".
- Finishing Move: Ego Trip and DDT.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: Averted in WWE as Conway was an American liaison to La Résistance. But played absolutely straight in New Japan.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Was a heel in Japan while holding and challenging for the NWA World Heavyweight Title but a face in much of the USA while doing the same.
- It Is Pronounced Ro-Bear: How Conway wanted people to pronounce his first name as a member of La Résistance.
- Jobber: After losing to Eugene and Jimmy Snuka at Taboo Tuesday 2005, Conway went on an 14-month losing streak, which ended with him losing to Jeff Hardy and getting fired by Vince McMahon on the New Year's 2007 edition of Raw.
- Misplaced Nationalism: Perhaps as much on WWE as it was on Conway. Calling him a Quebec sympathizer suggest someone was in active conflict with the Canadian province.
- Nice Hat: His La Résistance beret.
- Patriotic Fervor: In WWE as a member of La Résistance it was French patriotism. In NWA and New Japan, it's American patriotism.
- Pec Flex: Often before his jumping elbow drop
- Power Stable: (both in OVW)
- The Revolution (led by Doug Basham and also featuring Damaja [WWE's Danny Basham], Mark Magnus, Big Bad John [Heidenreich], Mike Hardnote , Kanyon, Queen Victoria and Jackie Gayda.)
- The Team Players (led by Johnny Ace and featuring Inspector Max Impactnote , Mark Magnus, Dinsmore and Chris Masters).
- Recycled IN FRANCE!: Conway's La Résistance gimmick was basically the same as Barry Darsow's when he was Krusher Kruschchev, the traitorous American teammate for the Russians (Ivan and Nikita Koloff) in the NWA in the 1980s.
- Red Baron: "The Iron Man" in OVW, NWA and NJPW and "the Con Man" briefly in WWE.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: As of New Japan's World Tag League 2014, Rob looks similar to and has been using some of the mannerisms and wrestling moves of Randy Savage.
- Tag Team:
- (in OVW) Limited Edition, later named Lords of the Ring, with Nick Dinsmore.
- (in WWE) La Résistance with Sylvain Grenier and René Dupree, He and Dinsmore would also briefly work as the masked luchador team Los Conquistadors.
- (in NJPW) Represents the Bruce Tharpe and the NWA with Jax Dane as The IronGodz.
- Underwear of Power: For most of his singles career.
- Ur-Example: Conway is the first wrestler in the history of the National Wrestling alliance to simultaneously hold both the World Heavyweight and World Tag Team Championships.
- We Used to Be Friends: Conway's feud with Dinsmore is often referred as to OVW what Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon was to WWE. What many do not realize is how long they had been friends before OVW.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: In NWA and New Japan, he has the American Flag on his tights and his entrance attire a choice between a Tunic with a picture of the American Flag on front or a blue star-spangled leather jacked with a flag for a cape.