open/close all folders
Twintail WarriorsA trio of twintailed warriors who fight extraterrestrial invaders from another planet to protect the Earth of its twintails.
- Action Girl: All three of them, though Aika herself is the closest fit, being a trained martial artist.
- Arc Symbol: Their emblem is represented by a pair of twintails, which appear to form a shape like the letter "M".
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Erina, Aika, and Souji.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: As of Episode 2, the Tail Bracelet is voice-activated: the Twintail Warriors must shout "Tail On!" to initiate their transformation.
- Color-Coded Characters: Red for Souji/Tail Red, blue for Aika/Tail Blue, and yellow for Erina/Tail Yellow. As with many three-person examples, their colors match the red, blue and yellow of Japanese traffic lights.
- Leotard of Power
- Male Gaze: And how.
- Mega Twintails: All over the place, but most obviously worn by Aika and Erina. Souji as well, but only as Tail Red and as Sora.
- Ms. Fanservice: All of them.
- Rapunzel Hair: Aika, Erina, Twoearle, all three Twintail Warriors, and Sora.
- Transformation Trinket: The Tail Bracelet.
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World: Souji, Aika, and Erina are students of Yougetsu Private Academy who fight extraterrestrial invaders to protect the Earth of its twintails.
- With a Friend and a Stranger: Souji and Aika, two childhood friends, meeting Twoearle, a being from another planet.
Souji Mitsuka/Tail Red
Voiced by: Nobunaga Shimazaki (Souji), Sumire Uesaka (Tail Red, Sora) (Japanese), Austin Tindle (Souji), Bryn Apprill (Tail Red, Sora) (English)
- Age: 15Birthday: February 2 (Aquarius)Height: 164cm (146cm as Sora)Weight: 52kg (45kg as Sora)
- Attractive Bent-Gender:
- When Souji turns into Tail Red, he becomes a ridiculously adorable little girlshe's so cute that it prompts instant Cuteness Proximity from every human and a least half of Ultimaguil.
- SoraSouji actually genderbent into a girl of his ageis easily the most physically attractive of the Twintails, clearly blessed by his/her mother's genes.
- Badass Adorable: As Tail Red. Just look at her.
- BFS: His primary weapon, with Flaming Sword thrown in for good measure.Blade Release! GRAND BLAZER!
- Birds of a Feather: With Dragguildy, as he is truly devoted to Twintails unlike most of Ultimagil. It's to the point that they mutually express regret that their circumstances do not allow them to be friends, and consider each other Worthy Opponents pretty much from the get-go.
- Chaste Hero: As stated in his character profile, all the sexual desire expected from a boy his age has been channeled into a twintail fetish. Twoearle's blatant intent to get in his pants and Erina's masochism often go completely over his head. After Dark Grasper kisses him, he finds himself gradually actually becoming more interested in the female figure than the twintails that they wear, which briefly puts him through a non-super Gender Bender as his base form and his voluntary Super Gender-Bender weakening more and more with each fight until he learns to appreciate twintails again.
- Chick Magnet: Aika hopes to be a Victorious Childhood Friend, Twoearle fell in Love at First Sight, Erina approaches Twoearle-levels of depravity in her affection for Souji (on top of being pretty happy with her mom dubbing him her fiancée), Anko fell for Tail Red after being defeated, and it carried over into Souji, and so on. Not to mention that Tail Red is overwhelmingly popular with people of all the walks of life, if you catch our drift.
- Childhood Friends: With Aika.
- Combat Pragmatist: He doesn't exactly fight fair against Elemerians. This is at least half of the comedy of the series. An example would be: after a lot of explanation from Erina that they should fire the bazooka that they have towards Isuna, Souji just pulls the trigger with no fanfare leading to a Big "WHAT?!" from both Erina and Aika.
- Dual Wielding: Souji eventually figures out that if one ribbon means one sword, then Twintails means Dual Wielding.
- Eye Colour Change: From orange (civilian) to light purple (Tail Red).
- Fetish: Take a wild guess. His love for twintails is used against him when Foxguildy creates a doll of Tail Red and he is unable to destroy it because of its twintails.
- First Kiss: Souji (as Tail Red) gets his first kiss from Isuna who apparently captured her heart. This is after he blasted her with a bazooka.
- A God I Am Not: Dark Grasper points out that with the many worldwide fans Tail Red has, she might as well be a god. Tail Red dismisses that claim, and declares herself to be nothing more than a protector.
- Hair Antennae: Both as a civilian and Tail Red. The trait carries over into Sora.
- The Hero: The main protagonist of the series.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: He is The Hero (not just any hero) and uses a sword.
- Heroic BSoD: After the kiss from Isuna/Dark Grasper, he starts to not like twintails as much as he used to.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: Dragguildy disarms Tail Red of her sword, only for her to conjure up another one. She admits she had no idea if it would work.
- Invocation: RISER CHAIN!!! FALLER CHAIN!!!
- The Leader: Of the Twintail Warriors. He pulls the rest of the team together, and they wouldn't go too far (without killing each other) without Souji.
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman:
- Parodied when Aika and Twoearle assume Souji will do this as Tail Red, but the worst he does is fondle Tail Red's twintails.
- Subverted in episode 11 after Souji is transformed into a girl, he is too afraid to go to the toilet because of this.
- Only Sane Man: Despite his notorious twintail fetish, he ends up as this around one girl who normally fulfills this trope until her chest size is brought up, one girl who indicates every other minute that she wants to get in his pants and shamelessly lusts after little girls, one girl who is a huge masochist, and a Chuunibyou mother.
- Playing with Fire: His element.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: As Tail Red.
- Red Is Heroic: This work is making fun of Tokusatsu and all its tropes. According to Tokusatsu convention, the red one is the leader.
- School Swimsuit: As Tail Red.
- Serious Business: He takes Twintails very seriously. Good for him, because the universe does too.
- Signature Move: Grand Blazer.
- Significant Birth Date: His birthday, February 2, is Twintail Day in Japan.
- Skyward Scream: When he's starting to realize that he's turned his back to twintails and that he's realizing that a woman's lips are beautiful.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Solar Metca, or Sora Mituka, Souji's genderbent form. The light novels use the former transliteration.
- Super Gender-Bender: The Tail Bracelet turns him into a short and flat-chested redhead wearing long twintails (who suspiciously looks like Cuuko) whenever he transforms into Tail Red. He doesn't seem to mind though.
- At the end of Episode 10, he wakes up as a girl - and he's not in his Tail Red form. This one is an inversion, however; turning into a Distaff Counterpart of his normal self is a sign that something is not right with his Twintails attribute, and sure enough, for the period of time that Souji exists as Sora, turning into Tail Red actually depowers her, to the point that she becomes just as helpless as her appearance would suggest. It isn't until Souji gets his act together that the situation returns to normal.
- Super Mode: After overcoming a temporary slump and reaffirming and strengthening his love for Twintails, Tail Red manages to acquire one through Twoearle's barrettes. It seems to be based on a Stance System, switching between a Speed Blitz and overwhelming force. Notably, it's what allows Tail Red to defeat Arachneguildy. Before then, he was steamrolling the Twintails.
- Later novels show that Tail Red eventually gains two further upgrades: Fallraiser Chain, which offers the benefits of both Faller Chain and Riser Chain, and Ultimate Chain, which has so many insanely overpowered abilities that defining Tail Red as a Person of Mass Destruction would not be exaggeration.
- Took a Level in Badass: Acquires Riser Chain and Faller Chain during the battle against Arachneguildy, courtesy of Twoearle's Progress Barrettes.
- Unwanted Harem: Has the affections of Aika, Erina, Twoearle, and even Isuna. Even his mother admitted she'd support him all the way should he pursue a harem.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Dark Grasper kissing Tail Red caused Souji to pay more attention to the girls' themselves rather than their twintails, which he treats as him "betraying" twintails, which causes his bracelet to malfunction, which turns him into a girl and gradually depowers Tail Red.
- Wham Line: In Episode 11:Tail Red: I've turned my back on twintails!
- Your Answer to Everything: Twintails, full stop.
Aika Tsube/Tail Blue
Voiced by: Yuuka Aisaka (Japanese), Sarah Wiedenheft (English)
- Age: 15Birthday: August 8 (Leo)Height: 157cmWeight: 46kgThree sizes: B72/W56/H80
- Absolute Cleavage: Tail Blue's outfit, which is noted to look like it's meant for someone with a much larger bust, like Twoearle.
- A-Cup Angst: Doesn't like having her small chest mentioned.
- Subverted in Episode 3. Twoearle says she doesn't think the Tail Blue suit looks as good on flat-chested women, then flinches, expecting Aika to beat her up (again)... instead, Aika says she only cares about protecting Souji.
- In Episode 5, after confronting an Elemerian with a large-breasts affinity, Aika begs Twoearle to make her a new bracelet that will give her bigger breasts when she transforms. Twoearle agrees, but it doesn't work.
- In Episode 6, Krakeguildy and Leviaguildy's respective opinions on flat chests infuriate Aika so much that she proceeds to break free from Krakeguildy's tentacles and beat Leviaguildy to death with her bare hands.
- Again in Episode 10, where after Fleaguildy points out her flat chest, she proceeds to violently kick him to death, completely forgetting her bet with Souji that she could settle the next battle peacefully.Fleaguildy: From your breasts to your legs...one fine, straight line...
- And again in Episode 11, where Aika is initially quite envious of the fact that Sora/Female Souji is actually quite well-endowed. Lampshaded by Twoearle, which earns her another punch to the face for her trouble.
- Berserk Button: Blue has been driven to beat Elemerians to death by comments about her chest on at least two occasions. It's also a common provocation for beating up Twoearle.
- Blade on a Stick: Tail Blue's main weapon, doubles as a Prongs of Poseidon.
- Butt-Monkey: It's a Running Gag that everyone hates Tail Blue and/or teases her over her flat chest.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Having studied martial arts for most of her life, she's extremely powerful even without the use of her Tailgear. Poor Twoearle.
- Childhood Friends: With Souji.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Twoearle's constant advances on Souji is a surefire way to piss off Aika. Unusually for her status as the violent girl in a harem comedy, she tends to take her anger out directly on Twoearle rather than Souji.
- Deadpan Snarker: Particularly directed towards Souji and his twintail fetish.
- The Dreaded: She quickly becomes this for Ultimaguil for her monstrous strength and temper. For comparison, they're infatuated with Tail Red even as she defeats them.
- Eye Colour Change: From red (civilian) to light blue (Tail Blue).
- Hair Decorations: Holds up her twintails with white hair ribbons.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Mostly around Twoearle, who has come to view her as a barbarian.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: As Tail Blue. The media... haven't been as enthusiastic with Tail Blue as they are with Tail Red, much to Aika's dismay. Not so obvious in the anime, but in the light novel, it's more or less spelled out that Twoearle deliberately spread bad press about Tail Blue onto the internet as a way of getting back at Aika for regularly beating her up.
- Jumped at the Call: When given a chance to become a Twintail warrior herself to help out Souji, Aika accepted without any hesitation and is a pro right from the start.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: Due to being totally flat chested a few Elemerians mistake her for being a girly guy.
- Leotard of Power
- Making a Splash: Her element.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: She delivers one to Leviaguildy in Episode 6 after Krakeguildy infuriates her with a speech about flat chests. She later gives one to Fleaguildy for the same reason.
- Only Sane Man: Aika as Tail Blue, particularly during battles. She started fighting in the first place when Tail Red was unwilling to attack a doll made in her own image because "the twintails had done nothing wrong". This goes out the window when her Berserk Button is pressed, though.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: In the novels, people will often show concern when she's not pulverizing Twoearle.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When not using her Tailgear, her eyes are red. When not using her Tailgear, she's still frightening strong.
- Rock Beats Laser: Twoearle's robot guards, made from her world's superscience are essentially useless against her.
- Signature Move: Execute Wave.
- Stripperific: After Erina, her Tail Blue outfit is definitely the skimpiest of the trio.
- Tsundere: Subverted. While Aika is very aggressive, she is rather cordial with Souji (though his profile states she was more aggressive toward him until Twoearle came along). She also doesn't really bother with hiding how happy she becomes when Souji compliments her.
- Undying Loyalty: The reason Aika even became a Twintail in the first place is so she could protect Souji and fight at his side.
- Unstoppable Rage: Gets very violent when her breasts are mentioned.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Even the slightest act of perversion toward Souji will bring Aika's wrath upon Twoearle. She'll also kick the ass of any Ultimaguil member who threatens Tail Red.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She absolutely hates tentacles and freaks out when stuck facing enemies who have Combat Tentacles. Fortunatly for her this isn't a Hentai series so it never goes as far as what might be expected.
- Wrestler in All of Us: She uses wrestling moves to punish the sexually aggressive Twoearle.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Light blue as Tail Blue.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A black thigh high stockings. She's only missing the Tsundere aspect to complete rank S.
Erina Shindou/Tail Yellow
Voiced by: Chinatsu Akasaki (Japanese), Mikaela Krantz (English)
- Age: 16Birthday: December 21 (Sagittarius)Height: 143cmWeight: 40kgThree sizes: B69/W53/H72
- Arranged Marriage: As an Ojou, it was expected for this to crop up at some point. Specifically, the circumstances regarding her mother trying set one up for her drove her to temporarily give up her twintails as a form of rebellion. It's...complicated. Long story short, it endangered the team's composition, so Souji took it upon himself to do something about it. By taking the issue straight to her mother. The end result: No more marriage talks, but Erina's mother strongly encourages her to take Souji as her husband in the future. His love for Twintails makes him "a real man" in her eyes. ...Yeah, that's Twintails for you.
- Beam Spam: Her shtick, whose frame contains a quartet of beam cannons for this purpose.
- Boobs of Steel: As Tail Yellow.
- Covert Pervert: Erina appears to be the perfect Ojou, well-mannered, poised and completely flawless and untouched by corruption. But give her even the slightest opportunity and she'll eagerly reveal one of her favorite interests: masochistic/exhibitionistic play with Mitsuka. She's propositioned him to beat her, make her his dog, watch her strip, and more.
- Delusions of Doghood: She actually puts on a collar and leash and wants Souji to be her master. She also obeys commands like "sit" from anyone who holds the leash.
- Diving Kick: Her Finishing Move after being propelled by her cannons.
- Girly Girl with a Tomboy Streak: She's secretly a huge fan of heroes and robots.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She's an incredibly sweet girl with blonde hair, which seems to become a more intense shade of yellow when she becomes Tail Yellow.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Tail Yellow's reputation isn't anywhere near as bad as Tail Blue's, but she's still viewed as lewd.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Her masochism is intended solely for Souji, and she feels embarrassed about submitting like a dog to Twoearle.
- I Just Want to Be Special: A mild case of this: she's always wanted to be the hero instead of the Distressed Damsel.
- Ojou: Speaks very formally.
- Older Alter Ego: Her transformation into Tail Yellow makes her grow considerably both vertically (she's normally not even five feet tall) and horizontally.
- Orgasmic Combat: She does a lot of blushing, panting, and moaning when unleashing her powers. Souji is creeped out, while Twoearle is amused.
- Perfectly Arranged Marriage: She's pretty cool with her Arranged Marriage to Souji.
- Power Limiter: She gets more powerful by shedding sections of her armor.
- Power-Strain Blackout: She faints after using full power.
- Second Year Protagonist
- Sex Is Violence: She seems to be this, to the point where in Episode 7, after Souji gently cups her face in his hands, she immediately (and quite enthusiastically) insists that he slap her harder.
- Shock and Awe: Her primary Element.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Erina becomes one when transformed into Tail Yellow, gradually stripping off more and more of her armor while looking a little too enthusiastic about it. In Episode 7, Twoearle seems to encourage her to become a Shameless Fanservice Girl 24/7, apparently so she can control her powers better.
- Signature Move: Voltic Judgment.
- Spock Speak: She is as well-spoken as an ojou at all times.
- Student Council President: Of Yougetsu Private Academy.
- Tareme Eyes: In contrast to her mother's Tsurime Eyes.
Voiced by: Maaya Uchida (Japanese), Morgan Garrett (English)
- Age: UnknownBirthday: UnknownHeight: 161cmWeight: 50kgThree sizes: B90/W57/H85
- The Atoner: Despite being a walking example of sexual harassment, it turns out that she is partly this. As the former Tail Blue, she feels responsible for what happened to her world, and she really doesn't want Souji's world to suffer the same fate.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Souji is often impressed at how quickly Twoearle recovers from Aika's constant beatings. The novels imply that her otherworldly heritage makes her inherently more durable than the average human. Averted at one point in the first volume when Aika taking the Tail Blue Tailgear by force puts her in a neck brace.
- Big Breast Pride: Which makes her all the more infuriating to Aika.
- Bi the Way: Her enthusiastic examination of Sora's body points toward this, particularly in the light novels. She denies being into yuri, though she shamelessly admits to liking little girls.
- Butt-Monkey: Is constantly being attacked by Aika, though she brings basically all of it on herself.
- Comedic Lolicon: She admits to designing Tail Red as a little girl for her own tastes.
- Cool Mask: As Kamen Twintail. Her outfit is otherwise the same as usual.
- Gadgeteer Genius: She builds everything that the Twintail Warriors use.
- Gainaxing: Often.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Her lab coat's pockets appear to have their own dimensions.
- Human Aliens: Comes from another planet, and is humanoid in appearance.
- Hypocritical Humor: She considers Dark Grasper creepy for following her while using a magazine to conceal her face, making her touch her breasts, and crawling into her bed at night. Aika angrily points out that Twoearle has done each of these to Souji.
- Iron Butt Monkey: Implied in the novels to have superhuman endurance, allowing her to suffer beatdown after beatdown from Aika and look none the worse for wear.
- Legacy Character: It turns out that Aika isn't the first Tail Blue. That used to be Twoearle's role, before she sacrificed her own Affinity to create the Red Tail Bracelet.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: And how. Some of the novel illustrations have shown her literally drooling over Souji, and she generally takes every opportunity she can to flaunt her body toward him or offer some sexual activity. Souji's mom giving her blessings just makes things worse.Aika: You perverted woman! Why is your mind always in the gutter!?"Twoearle: What's wrong with a female being in heat with a male!?
- She's an out-and-proud Comedic Lolicon and twintail fetishist (though, weirdly, she claims not to be into yuri), to the point that when Souji and Aika ask why the Tail Red bracelet turns a male wearer into a girl, she bluntly responds that it's because that's her fetish, before angrily asking if they have a problem with that. Which, depending on how you interpret that, may imply she has a Gender Bender fetish too.
- Mission Control: Often stays in their underground base to give Tail Red and Tail Blue information and strategy during their fights.
- Ms. Fanservice: Very much so.
- My Greatest Failure: Twoearle was the original Tail Blue, but her efforts ended up dooming her world as she played into the plans of the Ultimaguil by becoming a heroine to begin with as a hero, her twintails became popular and emulated by the people of her world, but this in turn just made her world even more of a target of the invaders. And what's worse, when she finally realized what was happening, she couldn't simply stop wearing her twintails either.
- Mystical White Hair: Her silver hair color is what tells Souji that she's not of this world.
- Non Action Girl: Having imparted her twintail element to Souji and her Tailgear to Aika, her role is purely supportive.
- Punny Name: On "twirl".
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: A constant victim of Aika's attacks, generally for her perverted behavior toward Souji or mocking her flat chest.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is it Twirl? Thouars? Toharle? Or Thuearle? Crunchyroll uses the latter, by the way, while the author uses Thoearle. Funimation uses Twoearle. Whatever you decide to use, her name is a pun on "Twirl".
- The Tease: How much of it is on purpose is unclear, but it's more than enough to rile up Aika with her, ahem, choice of words.Twoearle: Here! Put it on that great, big tree trunk of yours!
- Troll: She especially loves to goad Aika in regards to her flat chest.
- Vague Age: Her profile keeps her age a secret, though she claims to be the same age as the other protagonists.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: Where she often keeps the remotes for her devices, despite wearing a lab coat tailor-made to maximize pocket space.
UltimegilAn organization composed of extraterrestrial beings called Elemerians and Ultiroids, invading Earth in search of a variety of "attributes".
- Batman Gambit: How the Elemerians conquered Twoearle's world. They knew someone would rise up against them, so they leaked some of their advanced technology to hasten the process. When Twoearle appeared as Tail Blue, her entire world fell in love with both her and her twintails, making her world an even bigger target, and even when Twoearle realized this, her Twintails Affinity meant she just couldn't bring herself to abandon the hairstyle.
- Defeat Equals Explosion: How the Elemerians die.
- Emotion Eater: The Ultimegil are a goofy, comedic version of this, but rather than emotions per se, they drain "attributes" the pleasure a sentient being feels when doing something they like.
- Evil Is Hammy: Being a Sentai parody, this is to be expected.
- Fetish: Each of the Elemerians have personal "attributes"... most of them being well-known otaku fetishes like bloomers, maids, or model-building. Twintails are just their main target.
- Harmless Villain: Almost, they invade Earth for its "attribute" strength rather than world domination.
- I Regret Nothing: Many of the defeated Ultimegil express regret that they could not indulge in their respective fetishes one last time before dying.
- Irony: Many of the Ultimegil kaijin are enthusiasts of a specific "attribute", and yet they are obliged by being part of Ultimegil to drain said affinities from their victims. Twoearle lampshades on how paradoxical it sounds, akin to a fan driven to destroy the object he or she became a fan of to begin with.
- Laughably Evil: Most of them. Some, like Dragguildy and Spiderguildy, on the other hand, have shown to be capable of putting up a decent fight.
- Mega Manning: The Elemerians drop Elemera crystals when defeated that represent their affinities. Turns out, these could be weaponized and used. While Souji would rather stick to using his default Twintail power, Aika has no qualms about using Turtleguildy's bloomer attribute (which gives her Gravity Powers) against Foxguildy.
- Otaku: The Ultimegil are, when you get down to it, otaku kaijin, with a bit of Dirty Old Man thrown in for good measure. Observe how they perv out on what each of them plan to do with Tail Red when they get their turn to fight her.
- Punch-Clock Villain: The kaijin are merely following the orders of their leader, and hold no malice toward humanity.
- Serious Business:
- The Elemerians' fetishes. They seriously get sidetracked in their discussion on how to deal with Tail Red... by one of them making a Tail Red model, and the other thinking about dressing her up in a maid costume.
- Heck, their selection process for missions is all this. Full-contact jenga?
- Swan Guildy is denied the chance to fight Tail Red because the nurse-themed "eroge" he's playing isn't actually an eroge...or something.
- Theme Naming: The names of most, if not all, Elemerians are in the form of "(Animal)-guildy". Lizardguildy, Turtleguildy, Foxguildy... the list goes on.
- Your Answer to Everything: It varies on the Elemerians' fetishes.
A faction of Ultimegil, primarily focused on the otokonoko attribute. Their Elemerian members include Bettleguildy, Stagguildy, Wormguildy, Spiderguildy/Arachneguildy, Hopperguildy, Snailguildy, Papillionguildy, Fleaguildy, and Mantisguildy.
- Ambiguously Gay: Given that they, as a whole, are after the otokonoko attribute, it's easy to paint them as this.
- Animal Motifs: Insects, exceptions being Snailguildy (gastropod) and Spiderguildy (arachnid).
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Well, they're insectoid extraterrestrial beings, after all.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: When Wormguildy is slain, all of his comrades weep and emote about how much they cared about him.
- Insectoid Aliens: Insectoid Elemerians, to be exact.
- Serious Business: Otokonoko.
Voiced by: Sho Hayami (Japanese), David Wald (English)
- Height: 207cm (as Arachneguildy)Weight: 236kg (as Arachneguildy)
- Antiquated Linguistics: Speaks in an archaic manner, using "sessha" to refer to himself, and "onushi" when addressing others in second-person.
- Bare-Handed Blade Block: As Arachneguildy. He catches Tail Red's sword and comments that she has become so weak.
- Darth Vader Clone: To some extent, though he later transforms into a somewhat Giratina-like monster.
- Graceful Loser: As Arachneguildy, he commends Tail Red for defeating him, and encourages her to continue mastering her skills for future battles to come.
- One-Winged Angel: Transforms into Arachneguildy at the end of Episode 11.
- Otokonoko Genre: His fetish.
Voiced by: Taiten Kusunoki (Japanese), Ian Sinclair (English)A flea-like Elemerian with an affinity for legs.
- She's Got Legs: How he compliments Tail Blue's legs.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Loves being stomped by Tail Blue. Him complimenting on how shapely her legs are doesn't help either. He even begs to be stomped on more before he explodes.
Voiced by: Mika Kanai (Japanese), Alex Moore (English)A worm-like Elemerian with an affinity for crossdressing.
- Crossdresser: Also his fetish.
- Sissy Villain: He's pink and wears a dress.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: His dying wish was to be praised by Spiderguildy.
Voiced by: Nobutoshi Canna (Japanese), Tyson Rinehart (English)A snail-like Elemerian with an affinity for transsexuals.
- Badass Boast: Subverted; while he claims his shell protected him from Tail Yellow's Voltic Judgment, he still explodes as his shell shatters gradually, all the while boasting about how Spiderguildy is gaining new powers, which will spell the end of the Twintail Warriors the next time they battle.
Voiced by: Shin-ichiro Miki (Japanese), J. Michael Tatum (English)An Elemerian with an affinity for lips.
Elemerian executives of Ultimegil.
Voiced by: Kanehira Yamamoto (Japanese), Chuck Huber (English)
- Height: 289cmWeight: 345kg
- Hellhound: What his appearance takes after.
- Posthumous Character: Was already defeated by Dark Grasper before the series began.
Voiced by: Toru Okawa (Japanese), Charlie Campbell (English)An Elemerian with an affinity for large breasts.
- Buxom Is Better: He and his subordinates fully believe this, and in Episode 5 he and Krakeguildy are seen having the age-old argument: flat-chests vs. fat chests.
- Tentacle Rope: Has his own tentacle to help Krakeguildy bind Tail Blue.
- Kraken and Leviathan: Based on the leviathan side of sea monsters.
Voiced by: Jurota Kosugi (Japanese), Jeremy Inman (English)A kraken-like Elemerian with an affinity for flat chests.
- Combat Tentacles: Has used one of them to smack away Tail Red before binding him in.
- Kraken and Leviathan: Based on the kraken side of sea monsters.
- Tentacle Rope: Bound Tail Blue and later, Tail Red with his tentacles in Episode 6.
- Your Approval Fills Me with Shame: Is genuinely impressed by Aika's flat chest, much to her own chagrin.
LeviakrakeguildyThe combined form of Leviaguildy and Krakeguildy, sharing both of their attributes.
- Adapted Out: Does not appear in the anime.
- Kraken and Leviathan: Incorporates both motifs into his design.
Voiced by: Kenichiro Matsuda (Japanese), Jeff Johnson (English)A tiger-like Elemerian with an affinity for school swimsuits.
- I Regret Nothing: When he (mentioned posthumously by Swallowguildy) is slain by Tail Blue at the start of Episode 5, his dying words are to regret that he will never have Tail Red swim on his lap.Tigerguildy: SCHOOL SWIMSUITS!!! [blows up]
- School Swimsuit: His fetish.
Voiced by: Yuichi Nagashima (Japanese), Phil Parsons (English)An avian Elemerian with an affinity for military uniforms.
Voiced by: Tetsu Inada (Japanese), Chris Rager (English)
- Height: 282cmWeight: 322kg
- Badass Cape: Dons a black one. He ditches it in his duel with Tail Red.
- BFS: Wields a black one.
- Cool Helmet: Wears a helmet with yellow horns.
- Darth Vader Clone: Complete with dark armor, a Badass Cape, and a horned helmet.
- Disc-One Final Boss: He had appeared to be the Big Bad up until his defeat by Tail Red. He is just one of the Dragons.
- Draconic Humanoid: Or Draconic Elemerian, to be exact.
- Dragon Knight: He is a draconic Elemerian who dons black armor and wields a BFS in battle.
- I Regret Nothing: When he is mortally wounded by Tail Red, he says to be killed by a beautiful girl was exactly how he wanted to die.
- Ham-to-Ham Combat: Him versus Tail Red. The ridiculousness of all the posturing, corny lines, and shouted dialogue even gets lampshaded by Aika.
- Tin Tyrant: Wears black armor.
- Turns Red: Sprouts a pair of blonde twintails after his back was wounded by Tail Red.
- Worthy Opponent: He eventually admits that Tail Red is this, what with having the same devotion to Twintails despite being on opposite sides. The feeling is very much mutual that both of them point out that they could have been friends.
Other members of Ultimegil who aren't executives or known to belong to a particular faction.
Voiced by: Tessho Genda (Japanese), Cris George (English)A reptilian Elemerian with an affinity for little girls holding dolls.
- Calling Your Attacks: He takes this to absurd lengths with his ridiculously-named special attack.Lizardguildy: Lightning-spark-like-when-the-doll-a-girl-held-holds-her-in-turn!
- Face Fault: How he and his Ultiroid minions react to Tail Red's botched first introduction.
- Last Request: When he is mortally wounded, he asks if Tail Red will grant his final request and let him fondle her twin tails. The request is not honored, and in fact inspires "her" to hug those twintails close in embarrassment, allowing Lizardguildy to pass on with one last, major, Cuteness Overload.
- Lizard Folk: His name says it all.
Voiced by: Takaya Kuroda (Japanese), Greg Ayres (English)A turtle Elemerian with an affinity for bloomers.
Voiced by: Ryota Takeuchi (Japanese), Brandon Potter (English)A bull-like Elemerian with an affinity for large breasts.
- Undying Loyalty: To Leviaguildy.
Voiced by: Nobunaga Shimazaki (Japanese), Chris Guerrero (English)A crab-like Elemerian with an affinity for napes.
- Flash Step: Crabguildy's ability, which he uses to spy on girls' napes (apparently this is a fetish).
- No, I Am Behind You: Given his affinity for napes, he specializes in getting behind people.
- Undying Loyalty: To Krakeguildy.
Voiced by: Mitsuo Iwata (Japanese), Barry Yandell (English)An avian Elemerian with an affinity for literature.
- Bookworm: Wouldn't be one if it weren't for his literature fetish.
- Graceful Loser: Subverted; Owlguildy was quick to concede defeat to Tail Red, only to hear her mention porn magazines. Unable to deal with the fact that Erina was out to purchase a porn magazine in broad daylight, Owlguildy went on to claim that literature is dying before he explodes.Owlguildy: T-Tail Red... Remember this well! It is not me that is dying! It is literature that is dying! [blows up]
- Irony: Lampshaded by Tail Red regarding the fact that Owlguildy is an avian creature who uses birdlime to restrain his opponents.Tail Red: You're a bird, yet you use birdlime!?
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Donned an owl costume, handing out free copies of poems.
- The Pen Is Mightier: Wields a pen-shaped weapon which fires birdlime.
Voiced by: Koudai Sakai (Japanese)
- Height: 145-170cmWeight: 50-70kg
Isuna/Anko Isuna/Dark Grasper
Voiced by: Yoko Hikasa (Japanese), Leah Clark (English)
- Age: 12Birthday: UnknownHeight: 150cmWeight: 43kgThree sizes: B71/W53/H74
- Adjusting Your Glasses: By the bridge to activate her Glasses Gear.
- Antiquated Linguistics: Speaks in an archaic manner, using "warawa" to refer to herself. This is only in her Dark Grasper persona, though.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Some of the Elemerians weren't too thrilled to be taking orders from a human. She shuts them up very quickly.
- Casting a Shadow: Her element.
- Chainmail Bikini: Her gear's outfit.
- Character Name Alias: Uses the name "Anko Isuna" when she works as a singer on Earth. The surname is pronounced the same as her actual name.
- Clark Kenting: She only changes to civilian clothes to go to her day job as a singer, and wears the same glasses. It takes a while before Souji recognizes her.
- Dark Magical Girl: Dark Grasper is revealed to wear the Glasses Gear, a version of the Tail Gear powered by glasses zokusei. She even has the requisite black and purple color scheme.
- Evil Diva: She happens to be one and plans on spreading her love for glasses.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: She hates this trope and is troubled by the growing aversion to wearing glasses amongst society.
- Harmless Villain: When the heroes accuses Dark Grasper for using her concerts to draw people's energy or to turn them into mindless mooks, she only does so to spread her love for glasses to everyone.
- Human Aliens: Comes from the same planet as Twoearle.
- Loony Fan: She is this towards Twoearle, to the extent of copying Twoearle's Tail Gear and then following her to Souji's world to try and gain her approval.
- Lotus-Eater Machine: Her technique, the Chaosic Infinity, which sucks the target into a dark void where they dream of their greatest desires. She claimed it is impossible to escape, but Souji was able to, and eventually, Tail Blue and Yellow.
- Meganekko: And it's Serious Business for her.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She doesn't care at all when the heroes' attacks vaporize her outfit in episode 9, and spends several minutes talking to them in just her glasses before her minion retrieves her.
- Shrinking Violet: When she's not in her Dark Grasper persona, Acena is shy, soft-spoken, and noted by Mega Neptune to have trouble making friends.
- Sinister Scythe: Her weapon of choice.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The light novels have her name transliterated as "Acena".
- Stalking Is Love: Dark Grasper certainly thinks this wayeverything up to the end of her fight with the Twintails was motivated almost completely out of her obsession with Twoearle. After that, the only thing that changed was the target of her obsessionthe new one being Tail Red.
- Transformation Trinket: Her Glasses Gear.
- Villainous Crush: Had one on Twoearle before moving on to Tail Red.
- Your Answer to Everything: Glasses.
- Younger Than They Look: In her normal form, Isuna is just 12-year old little girl. He glasses gear appears to have the opposite side effect of Souji's tailgear (minus the Gender Swap), making Isuna assume the form of an older girl around the main characters' age.
Mega Neptune Mk. II
Mega Neptune Mk. II
Voiced by: Yukari Tamura (Japanese), Tia Ballard (English)
- Height: 199cmWeight: 481kg
- Embarrassing Nickname: She dislikes being addressed as "Megane", which is Japanese for glasses. To be fair though, her name is rather long.
- Kansai Regional Accent: Speaks with one.
- Meganekko: Glasses are her attribute.
- Robot Buddy: To Anko, though she often acts more like her nanny. Anko is only twelve afterall.
- Transforming Mecha: Has a jet form named "Megane Winger" and a motorcycle form named "Megane Striker".
Voiced by: Hiromi Igarashi (Japanese), Jennifer Green (English)
- Age: 36Birthday: October 2 (Libra)Height: 161cmWeight: 49kg
- Alliterative Name: Miharu Mitsuka
- I Just Want to Be Special: She and her husband both grew up dreaming of becoming a superhero and saving people with cool powers. When Souji becomes a hero, she is very happy and decides to live vicariously through him.
- Mum Looks Like a Sister: She was a third-year college student (aged 20) when she got pregnant with Souji amidst an extended chuunibyou roleplay. She's now 36 but still looks young enough to be mistaken for her son's older sister.
- Open-Minded Parent: She is... special, for sure. For one, she's not only okay about this whole son-is-a-genderswapping-heroine nonsense, she's also fine with Twoearle converting the basement of her house into a secret base, never mind her complete blessing for Twoearle to jump Souji's bones. In the light novel, she admits that both she and Souji's father were stricken by a serious case of chuunibyou, which is why she was totally okay with her son being a hero by proxy, as he was living his parents' fondest dreams.Miharu: Sou-chan, your mother grew up with an aggravated case of chuunibyou. I passed my days dreaming of becoming a heroine who protected the world, and it finally didnt come true and I became a mother of one. But, listen, I passed that dream down through the umbilical cord, and entrusted it to you.Souji: What are you doing to your kid before hes even born?!
- When Souji's Gender Bender situation comes out in Episode 11, she's as non-plussed as you'd expect and comments that his father would have been proud to behold Souji in this momentto which Souji retorts that this isn't anything to be proud of.
- Shipper on Deck: She isn't subtle in trying to push Aika into jumping her son. In fact, she's okay with any woman jumping Souji, as she wants him to "become a man", in "that" way, ASAP.
Voiced by: Mao Ichimichi [credited as "M.A.O."] (Japanese), Michelle Rojas (English)
- Age: 28Birthday: September 15 (Virgo)Height: 162cmWeight: 51kgThree sizes: B84/W56/H82
- Badass Normal: She can punch out Ultiroids.
- Christmas Cake: She is well beyond 25-years old, is still single, and desperate to get married before she's 30. She even goes as far as to try to trick several people at the same time into signing marriage certificates.
Voiced by: Kikuko Inoue (Japanese), Cynthia Cranz (English)
- Age: 35Birthday: July 6 (Cancer)Height: 159cmWeight: 50kg
- Mum Looks Like a Sister: Just look at her and her daughter.
- Open-Minded Parent: Let's describe her thought process in this way: daughter undoes twintails as a sign of rebellion? Engage in more marriage talks. Random schoolboy comes up to her yelling that he knows more about her daughter's twintails than she does? Deem him a "real man" and demand daughter to accept him as her future husband. ...Yeah, it seems like there aren't any NORMAL parents in the show.
- Rapunzel Hair: On the same level as her daughter's.
- Tsurime Eyes: In contrast to her daughter's Tareme Eyes.
- Age: 19Birthday: April 1 (Aries)Height: 159cmWeight: 49kgThree sizes: B88/W57/H84
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: Used to do this to Souji when he was very young. She laments on how he is now taller than her, although only slightly.
- Cool Big Sis: To Aika.
- Girlish Pigtails: While she doesn't tie her hair into twintails, she seems keen to give it a try. Aika objects to this, because she claims it'll make Renka competition for winning over Souji's heart.
- Shipper on Deck: Has been supportive of Aika's relationship with Souji since they were young.
- Womanchild: She may be hitting 20 soon, but she still has her juvenile moments, like showing interest in tying her hair into twintails.
Loel, Ryruna, and Lolory
Loel and RyrunaA pair of twin princesses who run a kingdom in a parallel world.
- Always Identical Twins: How they tie their ponytails is an easy way to distinguish them from each other. See Identical Twin ID Tag.
- Big Brother Worship: Loel affectionately looks up to Souji as an elder brother figure.
- Children Are Innocent: Loel is pure and innocent, yet strong-willed.
- Fusion Dance: Loel and Ryruna can perform "Twin Connect" to fuse and become Lolory, a twintailed magical girl.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Loel, the older twin, wears a dark pink dress and her ponytail is tied to her left with a black hair tie. Ryruna, the younger twin, wears a white dress and her ponytail is tied to her right with a white hair tie.
- Insane Troll Logic: Loel points out that she and Ryruna, being siblings and all, can't marry, let alone have babies. Ryruna counters this argument by claiming that she'd be willing to bear Loel's child by false pregnancy to raise a successor for their kingdom. Kids...
- Invocation: TWIN CONNECT!!
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Ryruna; possibly rivalling Twoearle, although she targets Loel.
- Magical Girl Warrior: In contrast to the scientifically-powered Twintail Warriors.
- Oneesama: Ryruna addresses Loel as "ane-sama".
- Polar Opposite Twins: Innocent Loel, lecherous Ryruna (at least towards her sister).
- Precocious Crush: Loel has one on Souji.
- Tag Team Twins: Though they fight when fused as Lolory.
- Third-Person Person: Loel.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Pink.
- Age: UnknownBirthday: UnknownHeight: 137cmWeight: 35kgThree sizes: B64/W50/H69
- Badass Adorable: What else could you expect out of a magical girl?
- Finishing Move: Twintailnado.
- Girlish Pigtails: Appropriately enough, being fused from a pair of identical twins who wear their side ponytails differently.
- Improbable Weapon User: She uses her twintails for attacking and defending, using her "Hurting Stick" to manipulate them.
- Magical Girl Warrior: Fights in a cutesy way like any magical girl would.
- Pink Heroine: Pink hair, pink dress, and pink weapon.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Pink, same as Loel and Ryruna.