All spoilers regarding the Super Rookies era are unmarked. Examples relating to the New World era can be spoiler-tagged if deemed necessary.
Straw Hat Pirates ("Straw Hat" Monkey D. Luffy, "Pirate Hunter" Roronoa Zoro, "Cat Burglar" Nami, "God" Usopp, "Black Leg" Vinsmoke Sanji, Straw Hat Grand Fleet) | World Government (Marines [Marine Admirals], Cipher Pol, Impel Down) | Seven Warlords of the Sea ("Heavenly Demon" Donquixote Doflamingo, Warlord Crews [Baroque Works, Thriller Bark Pirates, Kuja, Donquixote Pirates]) | Four Emperors (Charlotte Linlin "Big Mom", Red Hair Pirates, Whitebeard Pirates, Beasts Pirates, Big Mom Pirates [Three Sweet Commanders], Blackbeard Pirates) | Eleven Supernovas ("Surgeon of Death" Trafalgar Law, Supernovas Crews) | Revolutionary Army | Germa 66 | East Blue | Paradise (Water 7) | Sky People | Fish-Man Island | New World (Dressrosa, Mink Tribe, Wano Country) | Historical Figures and Flashback Characters | Others | Anime-Only Characters | Movie-Only Characters | Video-Game Only Characters
Voiced by: Mahito Oba (JP), Jimmy Zoppi (EN, 4Kids)
Age: Even he does not know
Birthday: February 29th
Bounty: 3,333,333 Berries
Debut: Chapter 44 (Manga), Episode 16 (Anime)
A joke character and something of a Running Gag in the series. Shows up in backgrounds of the series for the audience to spot. Word of God stated he created him a long time ago as a fan character for Kinnikuman.
- A Day in the Limelight: One of the anime's Feudal Japan specials made him a central part of the plot.
- Distaff Counterpart: There is a Pandawoman.
- He Who Must Not Be Heard: Aside from a speaking role in the video game One Piece: Pirates Carnival, Pandaman has yet to speak in the manga (or even the anime).
- Joke Character: He's not had any actual role in the series, just randomly inserted into the background at certain points.
- Mix-and-Match Critter: With the arrival at Fishman Island, Pandafishman got spotted several times.
- Something Person: Pandaman.
"Gold Lion" Shiki
Voiced by: Naoto Takenaka (JP), Scott McNeil (EN)
Birthday: March 20th
Debut: Chapter 0: Strong World (Manga), One Piece Film: Strong World (Anime)
Devil Fruit: Float-Float Fruit
"The Flying Pirate" Gold Lion Shiki is the captain of the Gold Lion Pirates and a legendary pirate known for clashing with Gold Roger himself and for being the very first pirate to ever escape from Impel Down. His base of operations is a collection of floating islands, which he himself made with his Float-Float Fruit (Fuwa Fuwa no Mi), swarming with fierce animals called Merveille, from which he and his five-thousand strong crew plot their revenge on the world.
- Accent Adaptation: He has a thick Jamaican accent in the English dub.
- Animal Motifs: The lion, of course. Not only does he have long, mane-like hair, Merveille is littered with Mix-and-Match Critters (as the lion is the king of beasts). But to really drive the point home, he uses his powers to create roaring lions out of the surrounding enviroment.
- Artificial Limbs: He uses swords as prosthetic legs. Really.
- Atop a Mountain of Corpses: Pulls this in Chapter 0.
- Big Bad: Of the Strong World film.
- Bullying a Dragon: In Chapter/Episode 0, he tries to rescue Gold Roger from execution by going to Marineford alone and picking a fight with (then) Admiral Sengoku and Vice Admiral Monkey D. Garp in the process. He lost, but they wrecked half of Marineford in the process. And the fact that it took two Admiral level fighters to defeat him alone, without his massive armada is a testament to his threat level.
- Chunky Updraft: A pretty basic application of his powers.
- Despotism Justifies the Means: His ultimate goal is to Take Over the World, using his evolved beasts to do so.
- Didn't See That Coming: Thinking Luffy will kill himself in the lightning storm and finding it has no effect on Luffy (y'know, being made of rubber and all). It just super-charged Luffy's attack who brings it right down on Shiki.
- Disney Villain Death: After behind knocked out by Luffy's Gigant Thor Ax, he's last seen unconscious and falling from the descending floating island alongside an equally knocked out Dr. Indigo and Scarlet. It's implied the Marines eventually found their bodies in the ocean and quickly captured them.
- Dual Wielding: In the past he used his twin swords normally. He still does, though they're his new legs.
- Evil Is Petty: Severely. He targets East Blue just because Roger was born and died there and decides to try and kill the Straw Hats because some of the members are from there. And this was after they had helped him avoid a typhoon of their own volition.
- Evil Plan: Known for making these. His latest one spanned two decades in its formation.
- Evil Laugh: Jihahahaha.
- Fantastic Racism: Has an irrational hatred of East Blue, as it's where Roger died, and Shiki found it a disgrace that such a great pirate would meet his end in the weakest of the seas. Which ultimately is the reason he antagonizes the Straw Hats when they mention most of their members are from there. Also worth noting that the only two people to ever beat him were both born in East Blue.
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking: He's seen chomping on an over-sized cigar fairly often, even while fighting.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: While being able to levitate things doesn't sound very impressive, the way he uses his power is very scary.
- Kill 'Em All: Shiki's plan for the inhabitants of his floating islands and the entirety of East Blue as a message to the world of his power.
- Large Ham: He loves to flamboyantly brag when he has the upper hand, though he calms down when he's serious.
- Laughably Evil: When he's not shooting his own men out of anger, oppressing villagers, Sadistic Choicing people, or shoving their faces into poisonous substances, he comes off as quite eccentric, performing dance routines to '70s espionage music, nicknaming people, and joking that Dumb Muscle Scarlet reminds him of his mother.
- Life-or-Limb Decision: He cut off his legs in order to escape from Impel Down.
- Load-Bearing Boss: The way his powers work is that once he levitates something, it stays in the air until either he decides to let it down himself, or he somehow loses control. Once Luffy defeats him, the Floating Continent ceases to float.
- Manipulative Bastard: After seeing Nami's navigation skills, he'd already decided he wants her as his navigator, so he acted friendly around the Straw Hats before kidnapping her, and separating the crew across his island, and on the occasion that Nami escaped from his fortress and found the crew, he has visual Transponder Snails around, so he could just go back for her and kick the asses of the Straw Hats, and threaten to finish them off as well as her home-town, to bring her to his side. It's too bad Nami's a better schemer... and that she'd already been through similar crap with Arlong.
- Mind over Matter: Basically what his DF ability boils down to.
- Oh, Crap!: His reaction when the lightning he thought would kill Luffy only enhances his Gear 3 Gigant Leg and Luffy bringing it down his way.
- Playing with Syringes: The source of his monstrous animals is a special chemical called SIQ, which speeds up the evolutionary process.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: He fancied himself Roger's rival, and couldn't possibly believe that the Marines had captured him. Since then, he's become highly jaded with the Great Pirate Era, believing that all of the pirates that came since Roger are mere treasure mongers.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Seeing on how he can throw islands at you...
- Power Floats: Literally. His Devil Fruit allows him to fly and levitate other objects, up to and including battleships and even islands.
- Powers Do the Fighting: While he somewhat shown to be a close-range fighter, he relies very heavily on his Devil Fruit power and prefers to keep his distance while swamping his opponents with the surrounding elements. It's very likely that old age caught up to him (he does hail from the era when Roger was alive after all) and can't fight on par like he used to.
- Razor Wind: Thanks to his sword-legs, he's capable of launching a flurry of air slashes while airborne.
- Red Right Hand: The steering wheel lodged into his head and the two swords he uses for prosthetic legs.
- Say My Name: Just before Luffy beats him, he screams out Roger's name.
- Shaping Your Attacks: Usually gargantuan lion heads.
- Slasher Smile: Variations. He sports a beaming grin as he drops Marine battleships out of the sky, has a smarmy smirk as he coerces Nami into committing a FaceHeel Turn, and finally goes on to a full-blown Slasher Smile while fighting Luffy.
- Superpower Lottery: His Float Float Fruit power allows him to make any object he touches defy gravity, no matter how large or small. Including himself, which negates the biggest weakness Devil Fruit eaters have. He uses this to levitate an entire ''archipelago'' of islands!
- Along with this he can reshape and manipulate the environment, meaning any island itself can potentially become his weapon to use as he wishes.
- And possibly most scary of all, Shiki can also control huge amounts of water, which only a small handful of Devil Fruit users can defend against.
- Take Over the World: His ultimate goal.
- Underestimating Badassery: Shiki constantly thinks Luffy and the Straw Hats are beneath him and doesn't take them at all seriously. Even when the crew comes bursting into his throne room just as the final phase of his plan is about to take off to rescue their crewmate he's taken. Followed shortly by them decimating a good chunk of his army and allowing the animals of the island to run roughshod in his palace. This arrogance ultimately leads to his downfall when he doesn't bother attacking Luffy as he's charging up his final attack thinking either the lighting will kill Luffy or he can take it. By the time he realizes the threat of Luffy's Gigant Thor Ax, Shiki's left feebly throwing rocks at him while making a futile attempt to defend himself.
- Ungrateful Bastard: His idea of "thanking" Nami for saving him and his fleet by warning them about a typhoon, is to kidnap her, scatter her crew, smack her around, and threaten her homeland.
- Villain Ball: During his climactic battle with Luffy, he traps Luffy in a mass of levitating water. Rather than keep him there and let him drown, Shiki takes the time to monologue a little and then attacks with his Razor Wind, destroying the water and freeing Luffy.
- Villain Protagonist: Was this in Chapter/Episode 0.
- Visual Pun: Overlaps with Stealth Pun - he has the helm of a ship stuck in his head.
- We Can Rule Together: To Roger. Apparently, he thought that Roger knew the location of a weapon of mass destruction, and wanted Roger to join with his massive armada so they could Take Over the World. Roger, of course, declined, on the grounds that he had no desire to conquer anything, and fearlessly goes into a battle where he is hopelessly outnumbered. A random storm however randomly sank half of Shiki's fleet.
Voiced by: Ryusei Nakao (JP), Sean Schemmel (EN)
Birthday: December 5th
Debut: Chapter 0: Strong World (Manga), One Piece Film: Strong World (Anime)
A genius member of the Golden Lion Pirates and the one who creates the monstrous animals under Shiki.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Shiki and Indigo do this from time to time. Shiki is the dumb one and Indigo is the straight man.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Really quirky.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Indigo looks like a clown and goes around with fart-shoes and speaks in charades, but is still Shiki's best man nevertheless.
- The Dragon: For Shiki. Because he's the one behind the monstrous animals he's his closest underling.
- Evil Genius: He's the one maintaining the berserk animals in Shiki's islands.
- Evil Laugh: Piropiropiro!
- Mad Scientist: The one who develops the SIQ serum that turns animals into monstrosities.
- Most Annoying Sound: In-Universe. Indigo makes a flatulent noise when he walks which gets on Shiki's nerves. Which is strange considering his shoes are virtually identical to Kuro's.
- Playing with Fire: Indigo uses an ability he calls "Chemical Juggling" allows him to create and throw wisp-like chemical-based fireballs.
- Running Gag: When he has something to say, he'll try to pantomime it first. After the message fails to get across, he'll just say what he wants, causing Shiki to act astonished that he can talk.
- Tempting Fate: He claims all people in East Blue are worthless. Then he fights Zoro, a man from East Blue, and finds out how wrong he is.
- Villainous Harlequin: Dressed like a clown, acts like a mime, and even use Juggling in battle.