- Matte, Rupan!
Gorō Naya was a Japanese voice actor for several decades, known for his authoritative, gravelly voice. By far his most famous roles are that of Inspector Zenigata in Lupin III and The Great Leader from Kamen Rider, both of whom he played for 40 years. His younger brother Rokuro Naya was a fellow seiyuu as well.
A lifelong smoker, Naya sadly passed away on March 5, 2013, due to chronic respiratory failure.
- Angel Eyes in the Japanese dub of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
- Captain Kowalski in Crusher Joe, who looks similar to Zenigata
- Captain Okita in the original Space Battleship Yamato
- Crocus in One Piece
- Emperor Zuul in God Mars (reprised in Super Robot Wars Z2)
- Gordon Roseman in The Big O
- The Great Leader of Shocker/Gel-Shocker/Destron/Black Satan/The Delza Army/Neo-Shocker/Badan and potentially The Crisis Empire in the Kamen Rider series. Goro Naya's voicework is so synonymous with the same chief antagonist of the franchise, who happens to also be a shapeshifting entity, that any character utilizing him as an actor is widely believed to be the same character assuming different identities. His reprisal of the Role in 2011 was his last performance as an actor.
- Inspector Kouichi Zenigata in the Lupin III franchise, starting with the original TV series in 1971 and retiring after the fittingly named The Last Job in 2010, with Kōichi Yamadera taking over the role from that point on, although Naya briefly returned as Zenigata in Lupin Family All-Stars two years later. He was also temporarily replaced by Seizo Katou for The Fuma Conspiracy.
- In addition, Naya played Goemon (seriously) in the pilot film.
- Hotta/"Yamaarashi" ("Porcupine") in the TMS anime adaptation of Botchan (with Yasuo Yamada as Koga "Uranari")
- John Cleese's characters in Japanese dubs of British comedy (darrining Shinsuke Chikaishi), alongside Yasuo Yamada (Lupin's seiyuu) as Graham Chapman
- Kazumi Bakuretsuzan in Tokimeki Memorial 2
- Laloog Yonsa in Moribito II: Guardian of the Darkness
- Leonard Dawson in Golgo 13
- Lord Yupa in Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
- Narrator for several series, specially for Vampire Princess Miyu
- Nick Adams in the Japanese dub of Invasion of Astro-Monster
- Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Japanese dub of the Star Wars films
- Otharon in Xenoblade Chronicles
- Tellah in Final Fantasy IV DS
- The title character in Ultraman Ace (Darrin'd by Keiji Takamine)
- Willibald Joachim von Merkatz in Legend of Galactic Heroes