Emilia Camp (Subaru Natsuki) | Priscilla Camp | Crusch Camp | Anastasia Camp | Witch Cult | Witches of Sin | Other Characters | Historical Characters
Voiced by: Yuka Iguchi (Japanese), Erika Harlacher (English)
One of the participants in the royal selection to become king of Lugunica. A somewhat dense, but hard-working woman, who tends to prefer masculine attire. If she is chosen as the new king of Lugunica, she vows her first act will be to free Lugunica from the dragon's covenant.
- Action Girl: Crusch is a skilled swordswoman, and powerful user of wind magic.
- Be Yourself: Advises a crestfallen Subaru to stand tall and be true to himself even if others will oppose him.
- Bifauxnen: She generally tends to dress as a man, giving her a somewhat androgynous look.
- Blow You Away: Her blessing, "Wind Indication" allows her to see things that aren't normally visible and read the emotion of others, making it difficult to lie to her. It also grants her the ability to not only use Wind Magic, but to combine it with her swordplay.
- Frontline General: When in battle, she not only issues commands to her soldiers, she's just as often right in the thick of the action.
- Honor Before Reason: While she is very pragmatic, she will not take credit for the actions of others, among other things crediting Subaru and Wilhelm as the most important individuals in the slaying of the White Whale.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Crusch's memories are eaten by the Archbishop of Gluttony while Subaru and co. are battling against Petelgeuse.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen: While she sees Emilia as competition, Crusch insists she does not want their rivalry to turn ugly.
- Living Lie Detector: Thanks to her Blessing allowing her to read the emotions of others.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Has this kind of dynamic with Felix. Crusch tends to wear men's clothes and acts like guy. Felix on the other hand, acts and dresses like a girl.
- Oblivious to Love: In her sidestory, she never notices Fourier feelings for years until the very last chapter of book where he dies.
- Ping-Pong Naïveté: She's said to be a skilled negotiator and there isn't anyone who can fool her. Yet when Felix jokes that the ceremony to announce the fifth candidate was a drinking party, Crusch completely believes him. Justified as she is a Living Lie Detector and assumes that no one can trick her with words.
- Platonic Declaration of Love: After his courage and cunning helped her and her army defeat the White Whale, Crusch warmly tells Subaru that in that even in the more-than-likely case they become enemies due to politics, she will always love and respect him as a friend. To that Subaru muses that had he not loved Emilia and Rem already, he would have fallen for Crusch on the spot, to which she chuckles that had not the dreams of conquest occupied the throne of her heart, she would have fallen for him too.
- Pragmatic Hero: Crusch is a great leader and brave hero, but she seldom helps anyone if it does not benefit her in some form, and double if it actually inconveniences her.
- Rousing Speech: Her great charisma allows her to rally her soldiers, giving courage even when situations seem bleak. She gives one before the battle against the White Whale, and another during its climax.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: She looks great in a dress. Subaru barely recognizes her.
- Silly Rabbit, Idealism Is for Kids!: Even with the threat of an entire village being wiped out, Crusch declines to aid Subaru because there's nothing in it for her.
- The Stoic: Displays very little emotion to the point where even her smiles are subdued.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: When dealing with political matters, she's formal, professional, cool-headed and quick to show her audience the door if they have no offer that will benefit her. She does show a softer and friendly side to the people she trusts or when she's not trying to get something from you in a negotiation.
- Sword Beam: Her "Hyakunin Hitotachi" note
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She's an assertive young woman who prefers wearing masculine clothing, but she doesn't mind putting on a dress every once in a while.
- Tomboyish Voice: She has a low voice that matches perfectly with her Bifauxnen nature.
- Wine Is Classy: Is seen enjoying evening liquor from a wine glass no less.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is green.
Voiced by: Yui Horie (Japanese), Sarah Williams (English)
Also going by "Ferris", a Lugunica Royal Knight that sports feline features, such as a tail and ears. Felix likes to take advantage of his feminine appearance and adopts feminine mannerisms, mostly to tease others who aren't expecting it. he's also a powerful water magician, specializing in healing magic.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Felix was mistreated for his demihuman features in the past, accused of being conceived by an affair as both his parents were human.
- Cat Boy: He has cat ears and a tail due to having both human and demihuman blood.
- Cat Smile: His default expression, sometimes coupled with Cute Little Fangs.
- Consummate Liar: Felix is one of the few people that has ever been able to successfully lie to Crusch multiple times.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": Generally, Ferris dislikes being called by his birth name, Felix. However, this does not stop his boss Marcus from doing so.
- Effeminate Voice: He's a very cute Cat Boy who is into crossdressing and has a feminine voice that can fool anyone who doesn't know about his true gender.
- Good Is Not Soft: As playful and kind as he is, Felix is still a dutiful knight of the Royal Guard, and does not hesitate when combating his enemies. he can also be very stern when he needs to be and defensive of Crusch's honor.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: He managed to heal himself back to perfect condition after being caught in an explosion that Subaru needed a forcefield to survive but was still knocked out by. Meanwhile, Felix managed to survive, stay conscious and quickly heal himself despite the explosion being strong enough to reduce his clothes to nothing.
- Healing Hands: Like all water magic healers.
- Meaningful Name: His name is almost identical to "Felis", a genus of smaller cats from which the domesticated cat lies in.
- The Medic: Felix is the most skilled user of water magic on the continent. As a result, he is contracted to heal Subaru's injuries after the mansion arc.
- Moment Killer: Interrupts Subaru when he confesses his love for Rem in the Light Novel.
- Non-Action Guy: While his skill with healing water magic is without peer, Felix doesn't have much if any combat abilities.
- No Sympathy: For weak, self-pitying people. Due to his work as a healer, people who give up on life are below Felix's sympathy. He also had this attitude towards Subaru before he starts taking in levels of badass.
- Sobriquet Sex Switch: He enjoys crossdressing a lot and wants everyone to call him "Ferris", which is the feminine of his birth name Felix.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is it Felis or Felix? Officially, the latter.
- Third-Person Person: When he's with friends, he refers to himself in the third-person, showing his playful nature.
- Undying Loyalty: He is unquestioningly loyal to Crusch, whom he shares a close friendship with.
- Uneven Hybrid: Both of Felix's parents are human. It is implied one of his distant ancestors was demihuman, and the blood only resurfaced in Felix, explaining why he's a Cat Boy.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: To Subaru.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Aside from Subaru's initial shock at discovering this adorable Cat Girl is a crossdressing dude, Felix is portrayed in a positive light and no one makes a big deal out of his crossdressing hobby.
Wilhelm van Astrea
Voiced by: Kenyuu Horiuchi (Japanese), Kaito Ishikawa (Japanese, young), Marc Diraison (English), Billy Kametz (English, young)
A retired Lugunica Royal Guard and skilled swordsman who works as Crusch's servant.
- Always Second Best: He had this relationship with Theresia before eventually mellowing out and getting romantically involved with her. It is subverted when he finally becomes strong enough to defeat her in a duel.
- Armor-Piercing Question: Subaru manages to sum him up in one question before anyone could even realized the meaning.Subaru: You probably think your wife is the prettiest girl in the world. Isn't that what you thought when you proposed to her?
- Badass Mustache: Has a rather thick one to denote his age; specifically the maturity and wisdom it lends him.
- Best Her to Bed Her: He married Theresia after he was able to defeat her in a duel.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Unlike Reinhard and other skilled swordsmen, Wilheim was just as talentless as Subaru when he picked up swordsmanship. However, decades of training and effort made him strong enough to be able to match the previous Sword Saint.
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: He became really angry at Theresia when she rescued him from a band of orcs because she effortlessly beat him in the skill he honed his whole life around. He also saw their previous encounters as her retroactively mocking his training by omitting that she was skilled in swordplay.
- Crusading Widower: Seeks to kill the White Whale for killing his wife, the previous Sword Saint.
- Declaration of Protection: He declared to Theresia that his reason to wield his sword was to protect her.
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Averted, but discussed as Wilhelm had to train long and hard to become a renowned swordsman whereas his wife's talent allowed her to reach the rank with presumably less effort.
- Lightning Bruiser: Despite his age, Wilhelm is still lightning fast, physically powerful, and has survived attacks and explosions that could easily kill a lesser warrior.
- The Maiden Name Debate: He took on his wife's last name when they got married. He kept the name after her death, showing how much he came to adore her despite his contempt and jealousy of the Astrea name for their renown swordsmanship when he first met her. After killing the White Whale, he takes up his old last name, Trias.
- Master Swordsman: Is known to be one of the best swordsmen in Lugunica.
- Mentor Archetype: To Subaru, teaching him about swordplay and hard work.
- The Mourning After: He still loves his wife deeply despite her passing. Avenging her is his motivation to kill the White Whale.
- My Greatest Failure: His wife's death at the hands of the White Whale.
- Old Soldier: He is old, by human standards, yet still picks up a sword and has skill and experience to back it up.
- Red Baron: Wilhelm is titled the Sword Demon.
- The Resenter:
- When he was younger, Wilhelm dedicated his life to learning the art of the sword. He became irritated when he learned that Theresia not only easily surpassed him in skill but resented her talent as she hated bloodshed.
- In the present time, he resents his grandson Reinhard because his wife's power as the Sword Saint was passed over to him at the worst of timings. Wilhelm's relationship with Reinhard is strained, to say the least.
- Revenge: He considers killing the White Whale as his greatest goal in life, wanting revenge for it killing his wife. He achieves it.
- Retired Badass: He might be old enough to retire, but he can still kick a lot of ass.
- Swallowed Whole: Gets swallowed by the White Whale in the first battle against it. Then he claws his way out like a badass.
- The Von Trope Family: His last name is van Astrea after he marries into a family of famous swordsmen.