Faye Mata (born September 2, 1992) is a professional voice actress and a former competitive gamer. She primarily voices video game and animated characters, best known for Lulu from League of Legends. Faye played games semi-professionally in tournaments around the world under the gamertag Princess Aura, including Syfys national reality TV show gaming competition, WCG Ultimate Gamer. Even as a voice actor convention guest, Faye is notorious for crashing the game room and competing in tournaments and playing with fans.
She often works with Bang Zoom! Entertainment. She gained attention from anime fans with her role as Rin Hoshizora in Love Live!. Known for her cutesy voice and undying love for the color ice blue, most of her roles are Wide-Eyed Idealists, usually either Genki Girls or Cloudcuckoolanders. She's also a dedicated video game, anime, and manga geek as well.
Notable roles by Faye Mata
- Aoi Hinami in Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki
- Aqua in KonoSuba and Isekai Quartet
- Astolfo/Rider of Black in Fate/Apocrypha
- Ayumu Mutoh in Japan Sinks
- Flamegirl in the Terrain Of Magical Expertise RPG
- Kanari in Gundam Build Divers
- Kaori Akiyoshi in Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea
- Kuroe and Mel Anna in Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story
- Lily Hoshina in B: The Beginning
- Linaria in Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
- Malty Melromarc in The Rising of the Shield Hero
- Midoriko in Sword Gai
- Mikoto Aiura in The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
- Miyu Shinohara / Fukaziroh in Sword Art Online: Alternative Gun Gale Online
- Neon Nostrade in Hunter × Hunter (2011 version)
- Priscilla Barielle in Re:Zero
- Rin Hoshizora in Love Live!
- Ryoka Narusawa in Occultic;Nine
- Tiare in Magi: Labyrinth of Magic
- Violet Weinberg in The Asterisk War (Ep.8)
- Yukako Yamagishi in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
- Yumemi Yumemite in Kakegurui
- Amily in Arena of Valor
- Celica Clayton/Chloe Aaron in Death end re;Quest
- Chandelure, Lapras, Minun, Pansage, Snubbull, Volbeat, Additional Character Voices in Detective Pikachu
- Daria and Lishenna in ShadowVerse
- Dark Walker in Relayer
- Elsje in Rune Factory 5
- Firis in Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey
- Fu Su in Love Nikki - Dress Up Queen
- God Eater in Megadimension Neptunia VII
- Kaimaru in Sakuna Of Rice And Ruin
- Kuma in Ghost of Tsushima
- Laby in Elsword
- Lene in Fire Emblem Heroes
- Lulu in League of Legends
- Mega Drive in Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls
- Metera in Granblue Fantasy Versus
- NiCO in Dead or Alive 6
- Noelle in NieR Re[in]carnation
- Petra Macneary in Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Fire Emblem Heroes
- Phym in God Eater 3
- Poppy Pointer and The Little Girl in the Detective Grimoire series
- Precia Teller and Princess Corona Uldein in Grand Kingdom
- Ramada in War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Sierokarte and Orchis in Granblue Fantasy
- Trista, Trinnia, and Tricia in Pokémon Masters
- Violet in XCOM: Chimera Squad
- Yusufa in Octopath Traveler
- Fleet in the 2021 Lovers of Aether Direct
- Jill Dozer in There Will Be Brawl
- Katie Killjoy in Hazbin Hotel
- The H.I.V.E. Queen / Rose Wilson in Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons
- Kagami Tsurugi/Ryuko in Miraculous Ladybug
- Animal Motif: Two of her characters, Rin Hoshizora and Lulu, are often associated with cats.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Some of her characters happen to be eccentric or very airheaded (i.e. Firis and Lulu).
- Creator's Pest: Myne from Shield Hero is her least favorite role, not only due to how difficult it was, she outright hated the character as much as the fans.
- Genki Girl: A good number her characters she voices tend to be very hyperactive. For example, Rin Hoshizora, Ryoka Narusawa, and Astolfo (though the gender's not quite the same).
- Idol Singer: Faye has voiced multiple idol characters. Most have split personalities.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Most of her roles are energetic or have big attitudes, sometimes with multiple personalities.
- Playing Against Type:
- Astolfo in Fate/Apocrypha, while energetic is something Faye often will voice, this is noticeable to be one of her first male roles. Not only that, Faye makes Astolfo sound way more masculine (although effeminate) to avoid Viewer Gender Confusion as opposed to her Japanese counterpart.
- In the Granblue Fantasy anime, she voices Orchis, who happens to be a Rei Ayanami Expy.
- In Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls game, she voices Mega Drive, who is calm and a Sugar-and-Ice Personality.
- In, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable, playing as Yukako Yamagishi, who is more subdued and downright terrifying whenever she's pissed.
- In, The Rising of the Shield Hero, she voices Malty Melromarc. A backstabbing bitch who has no redeeming factors whatsoever. It was jarring enough from her usual role that Faye considered it the hardest role she played and when she was asked how it feels on voicing her, her first reaction was to jokingly attempt to duck and hide behind the desk in the con to no avail.
- In KonoSuba, she voices Aqua, a Butt-Monkey.
- In Hazbin Hotel, she voices Katie Killjoy, who similar to Malty is a complete bitch with no redeeming qualities, only this time she's damned in Hell.
- Split Personality: Faye voices characters with multiple personalities. Ryoka Narusawa is equal parts Genki Girl, Emotionless Girl, and Tyrannical. Yumemi Yumemite, Ai Musujima, and Midoriko are more examples.
- Spoiled Brat: Examples are her characters Priscilla Barielle, Violet Weinberg, and Neon Nostrade. All of them were pale in comparison to Malty. And then there's Aqua...
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Many of her characters are optimistic like Firis or Astolfo.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: Aside from voicing different type of energetic girls, she can also voice calm, stoic ones, as well as deep, mature women who turn out to be badass.