Christopher Edwin "Chris" Niosi (born December 31, 1988) commonly known by his online name "Kirbopher" is an American animator and voice actor born in Northport, New York.
Niosi has been a creator and a storyteller his whole life, but since 2004, he has worked in animation, character designing, animation directing, storyboarding, writing, voice acting and voice directing. In 2011, Niosi graduated from the School of Visual Arts in New York with a Bachelors Degree in traditional animation. He has produced over 100 pieces of Flash animation since that year and continues to create every day. Niosi moved to Los Angeles, California in 2014 to pursue his dream of working in the animation industry. He runs a successful YouTube channel with tons of animated content and works in freelance on the side.
In July 2019, Amy Lucanegro, Niosi's ex-girlfriend, accused him of emotionally and mentally abusing her on Tumblr. Fellow colleagues and fans who had held a professional stance on their opinions about him by that point immediately came forward to confirm these and other negative rumors about his work ethic, including a general history of abuse to them. He then publicly apologized for his actions on Tumblr, saying that admitting to it is not him trying to get sympathy but rather as a way to heal as a person. Although his career as a whole was unaffected, Niosi was replaced by Zach Aguilar as the voice of Male Byleth in Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Fire Emblem Heroes shortly after Niosi confirmed that he voiced the character via Discord before he was legally allowed to do so.
- The Asterisk War: Wernher
- Blue Exorcist: Susumu Yunokawa
- Boruto: Kawaki
- Death Battle: Tommy Oliver, Mewtwo
- Death end re;Quest: Arata Mizunashi
- Disgaea 5: Void Dark
- Dragon Ball Super: Zircor
- Fairy Tail: General Rung
- Fate/Apocrypha: Lancer of Red/Karna
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses: Byleth (Male) note
- Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters, Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle & Godzilla: The Planet Eater: Haruo Sakaki
- Hunter × Hunter: Shaiapouf
- Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: Uryuu
- Kakegurui: Kaede Manyuda
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: Savarin Canele
- Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin: Garma Zabi
- Mob Psycho 100: Arataka Reigen
- Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea: Uroko
- Octopath Traveler: Therion & Mattias
- OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes: Nick Army, Pird, Ernesto, Neil
- Osomatsu-san: Choromatsu Matsuno
- Re:Zero: Julius Euclius
- Sailor Moon: Pegasus/Helios
- Super Freakin' Parody Rangers: Lord Zet
- Tales of Zestiria: Dezel
- Terraformars: Akari Hizamaru
- TOME: Kirbopher and Zetto
- YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG: Alex Eggleston
Chris Niosi's works provide examples of:
- April Fools: His later Brawl Taunts videos with Kira Buckland had them with nothing being done for the entirety of the video. There was also an April Fool's short for TOME.
- Art Evolution: His original run of Tv Tome Adventures was a sprite series, before he remade the series as TOME with complete animation.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With LittleKuriboh. Almost borders on Ho Yay if MartinTaunts and his cameo in Nostalgia Critic's Top 11 Strangest Couples is anything to go by.
- Old Shame: Considers Brawl Taunts to be this.
- Production Posse:
- Role-Ending Misdemeanor: After Niosi confirmed that he voiced Male Byleth via Discord before he was legally allowed to do so in July 2019, he was dropped from both Heroes and Three Houses and replaced by Zach Aguilar.
- Self-Deprecation: Described his MartinTaunts cartoon on Newgrounds as "the worst cartoon ever made by humankind".