Characters appearing in Gangsta..
One half of the Handymen, 35-year-old Worick is the more personable and communicative partner. He presents himself as fairly happy-go-lucky, but can be serious when a job is on the line. Worick works as both a freelance gangster and gigolo in order to pay the rent. In chapter seven it is revealed that he has exceptional recall abilities.
- Above the Influence: When Alex is suffering withdrawal symptoms from the TB meds Barry gave her to keep her compliant and not only kisses him but starts undoing his pants Worick stops her immediately and resorts to headbutting her to snap her out of it.
- Abusive Parents: Worick's dad did NOT do well in Parenting 101.
- Big Brother Instinct: Despite only being a year older, Worick has this to Nicolas.
- Broken Smile: Sports one when walking into "Pussy" after cutting off Miles Mayer's head
- Decapitation Presentation: After cutting off Miles Mayer's head, he brings it to "Pussy" and shows it to Big Mama Georgiana.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": His real name is Wallace.
- Eye Scream: Lost his eye via his father shoving a lit cigarette into it.
- The Gunslinger: His weapon of choice is a handgun
- Handicapped Badass: Is missing an eye and is competent shot with a gun. Fridge Brilliance kicks in when someone who has handed a gun sometime in their lives, knows that you have to close one eye to shoot, and use the other to focus on the aim, and then the objective.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: And quite proud apparently.
- Hunk: He's sexy, muscular, great in bed — is it any wonder women are all over him?
- Kid with the Leash: To Nic. Lampshaded in the story itself when he has to physically restrain Nic from continuing to attack Doug and Ginger.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Ladies talk about how pretty he and his hair are.
- Motor Mouth: Alex states that if he was more reserved, she'd be more attracted to him, but recognizes he's really attractive.
- Mr. Fanservice: Frequently seen with his shirt partly or completely open, when it's there at all, fairly muscular, occasionally seen with his hair down, in-story proof that he's good in bed and the camera LOVES him.
- Photographic Memory: Has Perfect Recall.
- Really Gets Around: Gigolo, remember?
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Nic's Blue.
- Satisfied Street Rat: All things equal, seems to be pretty happy with his life as a gigolo.
- Smarter Than You Look: And it's not just the Photographic Memory at work either.
- Son of a Whore: The son of his father's mistress.
- Troubled, but Cute: Not as obviously as Nic, though.
- The Unfavorite: Back home.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Partially averted. He'll fight female opponents, but he mentions early on that he doesn't like killing women.
One half of the Handymen, 34-year-old Nicolas is highly skilled with a sword, imposing and somewhat aloof. He is also deaf and communicates primarily through sign language, though he can speak in a limited capacity. Along with Worick, he works as a gangster-for-hire. Nick is a "tagged" (in reference to his dog tags), making him both feared and reviled on the streets.
- Abusive Parents: His father being just abusive probably would have been a step up, actually.
- Adorkable: He manages to pull this off when he's in a lighter mood.
- Ac CENT Upon The Wrong Syl LA Ble: When he does speak, it's in a slurred, clipped and somewhat hesitant way with weird intonations and subtitled even in the original Japanese to make him more understandable. Truth in Television, as many deaf people are indeed fully capable of speaking, but can't hear themselves speak and thus don't consciously correct their speech.
- Ax-Crazy: Nicolas is, at heart, a good person...and also a little bloodthirsty to say the least. He gets a thrill out of combat and got his A rank by intentionally hopping himself up on Upper and beating down stronger twilights. Even then, he doesn't reach truly disturbing levels, until he's betrayed or hit an emotional low.
- Badass Baritone / Guttural Growler: Nicolas has a very guttural, low voice.
- Bandage Babe: The poor dude's default state is "beaten to hell and back", but he's still pretty cute. Here's some art that capitalizes on this.
- Berserk Button: It's heavily implied that he killed the entire Arcangelo family and attacked the Monroe family single-handedly solely because they severely harmed Worick.
- Big Damn Heroes: On occasion. He also loves making a Dynamic Entry.
- Card Sharp: Nicolas is so stupidly good at card games that he may as well be cheating. Worick won't play against him anymore.
- Characterization Marches On: Nicolas actually beheads someone in the first chapter.
- Child Soldier: Because Lamarck Was Right.
- Combat Parkour: Nic jumps around like he's freakin' Tarzan.
- Cool Old Guy: By Twilight standards. At 34 years old, with the standard life expectancy being 30, Nicolas is considered quite old.
- Creepy Shadowed Undereyes: A feature Nicolas excels in, to convey the combination of violence in the streets and sickliness in the sheets that personifies Twilights.
- Cute Bruiser: When he was a kid.
- Cute Mute: Nicolas is downright adorable as a kid.
- Death Seeker: Possibly. Seems to have made peace with having a short existence.
- Feel No Pain: Occasionally overdoses on his Celebrer meds to give himself an edge in combat. He pays for it later.
- The Gadfly: Nicolas is a big fat gadfly.
- Handicapped Badass: He's both deaf and easily the most lethal character in the series thus far.
- Hand Signals: He predominantly speaks with them.
- Harmful to Minors: His entire childhood.
- Heartwarming Orphan: To Wallace, despite Wallace also being a kid.
- Heroic Build: Not immediately apparent because he rarely shows off like Worick does but Nic is ripped. Justified because we sometimes see him working out.
- Heroic RRoD: Agrees on acting as a guinea pig for Dr. Theo's new drug. Although it saves him and a few other characters from getting their necks chopped off in a future battle it still ends horribly.
- Inscrutable Oriental: A bit of a stoic and Thai Chinese-American, according to Word of God.
- Interrupted Suicide: Tried to slit his own throat as a child when what he believed to be a good natured action of helping a friend, spiraled out of control and only ended up scarring them both for life. He was stopped last second by a fuming Worrick.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Not quite the standoffish Psycho for Hire most people peg him as.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His weapon of choice.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Occasionally robs the people he beats up.
- Lamarck Was Right: Many Twilights these days are only Twilights because their parents were soldiers who used Celebrer during the Unification Wars several years ago. Besides making them impressively strong, it causes severe physical and mental defects and lowered life expectancy. Nic is such a Twilight.
- Lethal Chef: Do NOT let Nicolas in your kitchen.
- Lightning Bruiser: Of the "Speedster" type.
- Mixed Ancestry: His father was white while his mother was an Asian Twilight of Thai and Chinese ancestry (per Word of God).
- The Napoleon/Pintsized Powerhouse: He's not exceptionally short (around 5'6" tall) but every man around him acts like he is and he doesn't like women taller than he is either.
- Neighborhood Friendly Gangsters: Sure, he carves people up for money. But he's also happy to make his cash through carpenting work for the neighbors.
- Never Learned to Read: Until he met Wallace as a kid.
- Odd Friendship: With Doug, post-fight. They get along well enough for Doug to enlist his help in creating a will.
- Phlebotinum Pills: The Celebrer. Nic is known to overdose. Without it, he'd naturally be a B/5 Twilight.
- Bottled Heroic Resolve: In order to keep up with the rising threat levels, Nicolas makes use of a "hyper-Upper" experimentally created by Doc Theo. His speed and strength rise so far when injected with it that he easily dispatches both Mikhail and Erika two-on-one.
- The Quiet One: Due to being deaf.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Worick's Red.
- The Silent Bob: Mostly talks through hand signals.
- Silent Snarker: Despite being deaf, Nicolas snarks with the best of them.
- Sociopathic Hero: Facing facts, Nicolas is a very messed up man. He has a select few Living Emotional Crutch friends and, without their help, would've spiraled a long time ago. The world he lives in and the mistreatment he's endured has warped his worldview and his ability to handle his reality to the extent that, should things go wrong, he will commit murder without a second thought.
- Son of a Whore: Which his father killed and stole him from. Him and Wallace bond over this, so to speak.
- Steel Ear Drums: In the first episode he has a gun go off right next to his head and doesn't react. Justified on the sound front because of his deafness, but the sheer physical force of it going off right there should still have affected him, able to hear or not.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Positively sugary around Nina and rather sweet to Alex and of course, Worick.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill Muggles: He personally doesn't have a problem with killing people but as a Twilight, he's not allowed to.
- Tyke Bomb: His commanding officer outright calls him this.
A 24-year-old prostitute who is assisted by Worick and Nicolas during one of their jobs. Although ordered to eliminate her, the Handymen decide instead to claim her as "loot" - effectively saving her life. With nowhere else to go, Alex begins working as the Handymen's secretary. She is currently learning sign language so that she can better communicate with Nicolas.
- Absolute Cleavage: The white dress she wears at the party at Bastard.
- Ambiguously Brown: Originally this seemed the case (with a number of readers assuming that she had some Latina heritage), but ultimately subverted; chapter 18 details that Alex is black with some (possibly) Chinese ancestry mixed in.
- Amnesiac Hero: Turns out to be the case; with the help of the Doc's medicine the effects of the Psycho Serum Barry had been giving her is wearing off and she's slowly starting to regain her memories of the past, including the little brother she'd practically raised but had completely forgotten about, much to her horror. As well, some of her comments to Worick seem to imply that her memory's been altered or faulty in some way, as she mentions her mother in one chapter only to say that she "didn't have one" in the next. It's possible "Alex Benedetto" isn't her real name, either, but she doesn't give an indication that she knows this.
- Anime Accent Absence: Apparently she speaks with an accent, since Worick can tell she's not native to Ergastulum just by listening to her, but she speaks no differently than any other character. Of course, they're not actually speaking Japanese in-universe, either.
- Audience Surrogate: The fact that she's not native to Ergastulum means that other characters explain things like the history of the Twilights to her and, by extension, the audience.
- Bad Dreams: Barry haunts her, thanks to the Psycho Serum he used to give her.
- Berserker Tears: In the first episode after she sees Barry's dead she proceeds to pick up his gun and shoot his body several more times while crying.
- Beware of the Nice Ones: You can tell how much the Psycho Serum that made her docile has begun to wear off when she hears a man talk about wanting to do even worse to a Twilight girl they'd already beaten up and leaps right out to smash a steel pipe in his face.
- Big Sister Instinct: She seems to have protective instincts towards younger characters. Between showing concern for Nina (and blowing up at Worick for being so nonchalant about his day job around her)) and shielding Loretta from the violence at Bastard, she certainly lives up to the trope.
- There's also her attack on the men harassing a young Twilight girl. All of these examples definitely provide foreshadowing to her having an actual younger sibling of her own in Emilio.
- Broken Bird: That she's a prostitute is only one thing that's wrong with her.
- Buxom Is Better: Loretta and Constance both feel... a little intimidated. Constance goes so far as to blatantly reach out and grab Alex's breast and comment on how they're "almost real feeling" to which Alex flatly replies they are real.
- The Chanteuse: She apparently has a very lovely voice and at some point the Cristianos has her sing at their brothel/nightclub. She's a hit.
- The Chick: Of the Handymen.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: When first introduced wears a white dress that really doesn't cover anything should she bend over, but even after Worick and Nick rescue her she switches to another dress (this one black) that's pretty much the same in terms of length.
- Hard Head: When Worick headbutts her to make her snap out of the TB withdrawal that's making her try to seduce him he winds up on the ground in agony and she apologizes, saying she has a hard head.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Former, now.
- The Insomniac: Noted in-story. Alex rarely sleeps.
- Man Bites Man: Alex's tendency to bite people when she's angry has become a Running Gag.
- Morality Pet: Of sorts to Worick and a secondary one to Nicolas.
- Psycho Serum: Barry used to give her TB meds to make her dependent and obedient to him. On the other downside, it gives her horrible nightmares and hallucinations.
- Sexy Secretary: Hired on to keep record of the Handymen's phone calls and quite sexy.
- Supreme Chef: A good cook.
- The Team Normal: Compared to the other two anyway.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Girly Girl (donning dresses and a more feminine design) to Constance's Tomboy.
- Tsundere: To Worick, mostly.
- Twofer Token Minority: Black and Asian. Also a woman.
- Voiced by: Tetsuo Kanao (Japanese), John Swasey (English)
A 56-year-old police officer. A long time associate of the Handymen.
- Cool Old Guy: Though he's only 20 years older than Worick and Nicolas so he gets mad when they call him "Gramps" instead of "Old Man."
- Dirty Cop: Sometimes, in his dealings. The Handymen aren't the worst folks in the city but they have murdered people.
- Noble Bigot with a Badge: He's closer to this though, looking out for the Twilights who are involved in the cases.
- Team Dad: Seems to have been Worick and Nicolas' father figure growing up. He's even seen patching Nic up once.
- Voiced by: Kaito Ishikawa (Japanese), Aaron Roberts (English)
A 26-year-old police officer. Protege of Chad.
The Monroe Family
- Voiced by: Katsuhisa Houki (Japanese), Mark Stoddard (English)
The head of the Monroe family.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Age has gotten to him but he's still one of the most dangerous members of his group.
- Badass Grandpa: He's 61.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Monroe is the man responsible for the safety of the Twilights. In truth, he's the mastermind of the Twilight genocide and a cruel, ruthless, greedy man who loathes them and merely used them to build a metaphorical throne in Ergastulum.
- The Gunslinger: Doug would be dead if he hadn't blocked Daniel's bullet at the last second.
- Papa Wolf: He has Tranquil Fury when Doug tries to kill Yang. It was fake. Turns out he might be responsible for hiring Doug in the first place. Plus, he hates Twilights.
- Parental Substitute: He's a regular Father to His Men, especially towards the orphaned Delico and Yang. A flashback shows him being fatherly with Erica as well, and taking her and Delico on outings.
- All of which, as previously mentioned, might all be completely misleading lies.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: To Twilights.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red with his second-in-command, Miles.
- Team Dad: For both of his groups.
- Voiced by Tsuyoshi Koyama (Japanese), Jeremy Inman (English)
Daniel's 54 year-old second-in-command.
- The Big Guy: Tall and definitely on the broad side.
- Cool Old Guy: He grounds Daniel's occasional frivolity.
- Hidden Depths: Is the next Representative of the Monroe Family.
- The Lancer: To Daniel.
- Off with His Head!: Happens off-panel by Worick, for reasons yet unknown.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue.
- Voiced by Tomohisa Hashizume (Japanese), Marcus D. Stimac (English)
A D-ranked Twilight in the service of the Monroes. He's 26.
- Badass Adorable: A little hard to believe that the softspoken, slightly insecure Bishōnen is both a mafioso AND a Twilight.
- Badass Baritone: When he's angry, dear god.
- Bishōnen: A very pretty man and one of the few bishonens in the cast.
- Lampshaded in the most DISTURBING way when Corsica mentions how disturbing sex with Erica is due to their uncanny resemblance.
- Blue Oni, Red Oni: The calm Blue Oni to Yang's Red.
- Break the Cutie: Chapter 33 was not kind to him at all.
- And then there's the kidnapping of his sister in his childhood, which he still blames himself for over a decade later.
- Determinator: He's completely outmatched by Doug. Not that stops him from trying to fight him anyway.
- Made of Iron: Doug slashes him across the chest during the fight in chapter 8. Unlike Nic, he's not overdosed on medication at the time.
- Mismatched Eyes: His right eye is light brown, while his left eye is solid blue with no differentiation between iris and pupil like his sister's eyes.
- Nice Guy: Is naturally kind. Even while distracted by the possible reappearance of his long-lost little sister, he aids a young, crippled Twilight girl in getting shoes and possible shelter.
- Peek-a-Bangs: They infrequently conceal the fact that he has heterochromia.
- The Quiet One: Even with plenty of focus as an important secondary character, he's a very quiet and reserved young man.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Wields a Benelli shotgun at one point.
- Shrinking Violet: Compared to everyone else in the group, he has a soft-spoken way about him and doesn't seem to care to draw attention to himself.
- Those Two Guys: With Yang, though he has more characterization and background given.
- Trauma Conga Line: His Hope Spot in finding his Long Lost Sibling is shattered when it turns out that she's trying to kill him, their old friend, and every other Twilight in the city. Following that it is revealed that their father figure Daniel Monroe is responsible for his other friends' and colleagues' deaths and has only been using them for his entire life. If that wasn't enough, he's then told that his younger sibling's emotionless and silent state is a cause of several years of sexual and mental abuse. In a fit of rage and confusion (deriving from his Undying Loyalty) ends up shooting his best friend for aiming a gun at Monroe. And then it's all thrown in his face. He barely speaks anymore.
- Voiced by Tomoaki Maeno (Japanese), Jarrod Greene (English)
A 26 year old member of the Monroe family. Usually works with Delico.
- Blue Oni, Red Oni: The hot-blooded Red Oni to Delico's Blue.
- Childhood Friends: With Delico and Erica. They were raised in the same orphanage.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Again, with Delico. They've been best friends since childhood.
- Hot-Blooded: Not to the same levels of a Leeroy Jenkins, but he tends to get fired up during conflict.
- Nice Guy: He (along with Delico) buys a young Twilight girl shoes and offers her protection after she helps them locate Erica.
- Those Two Guys: Alongside Delico, though Delico is more characterized.
- Token Minority: He's Chinese in a largely European city.
- Voiced by Takuya Kirimoto (Japanese) Christopher Bevins (English)
A high-ranking member of the Monroe family. Also, The Mole for the Corsica family.
- Fantastic Racism: Hates Twilights.
- Faux Affably Evil: The first mafioso to actually come across as evil, even while being polite.
- The Mole: For Corsica. As if you're surprised.
- Partially subverted as Daniel Monroe knows damn well he is a mole... And is using him as a liaison to contact Corsica, his Twilight-hating ally.
- Obviously Evil: So smarmy and greasy that him NOT working with Corsica would have been more surprising.
The Cristiano Family
The 14-year-old leader of the Cristiano family.
- Age-Appropriate Angst: Not much but she's a bit insecure about her figure.
- A-Cup Angst: She gets pissed when her subordinates or Worick compliment Alex's boobs.
- A Child Shall Lead Them: All things equal, she's doing very well.
- Daughter Of A Whore: Her mother was a prostitute who caught her father's (the original head) eye. Judging by how casually she tells Alex, Loretta isn't bothered by it.
- Just a Kid: How she feels that her subordinates treat her. When she returns home after finding Galahad, all of them begin fussing over her like overprotective parents.
- Lady and Knight: With her enforcers, as the Bright Lady.
- Little Miss Badass: Is trained in the use of firearms and is a decent shot with a pistol.
- Little Miss Snarker: She possesses a straightforward demeanor and sharp tongue and doesn't hold back on verbal jabs, whether you're a friend or not.
- Mama Bear: Her subordinates may be stronger than she is but that doesn't mean she won't try to help them when they're in danger.
- Nerves of Steel: Best shown during the fight at Bastard, where she shrugs off Alex's concerns and is fully prepared to confront the attackers.
- Plucky Girl: Tenacious to a fault. Refer to Nerves of Steel above.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Her family's brothel shelters all kinds of people. While she can't have her people be seen rescuing Twilights, she hires the Handymen to bring them to the brothel.
- Tsundere: A platonic variation. She's sarcastic and blunt in her interactions with people, but no one could ever doubt that she doesn't care for her men or allies. When she goes looking for Galahad during the aftermath of the Destroyer's attack, when she finds him alive and well, she kicks him in the stomach before fiercely hugging him.
Head waiter at the brothel "Bastard" and one of Loretta's enforcers. A 39-year-old Twilight.
- Battle Butler: Technically a waiter.
- Beware the Nice Ones: A happy, jolly sort who can break knives barehanded.
- Big Brother Mentor: To Doug.
- The Big Guy: One of the tallest men in the manga.
- Big Fun: One of the tallest in the cast and the friendliest guy around.
- Cool Old Guy: Considered very old for a Twilight.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Doug collapses and bleeds to death in his arms after the Destroyers' massacre.
- Dreadlock Warrior: Sports dreadlocks tied back and is one of the strongest of Loretta's enforcers.
- Lady and Knight: One of two White Knights, to Loretta.
- Nice Guy: He's a friendly, jolly chap who's amiable with just about everyone. Just don't end up an enemy of his.
- Parental Substitute: Towards Loretta. With her father dead, he's the nearest thing she has to a paternal figure.
- Papa Wolf: He borders on overprotective. When Loretta inspects a newly-arrived package, he snatches it from her and frantically tells her that it could be a bomb. Justified, as he's her bodyguard and she's one of the city's leaders and therefore an important political figure with potential enemies.
- Scary Black Man: If you piss him off.
- Super Strength: Oh yeah.
- Token Minority: He's a black man in a city with a majority population of Europeans.
- Would Hurt a Child: Fights seriously against a 10-year old and then later against a 13-year old. Justified in that they were both trying to kill him.
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese), Alex Organ (English)
The 29-year old executive for the Cristiano Family and one of Loretta's right hands.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Marco used to HUNT Twilights when he was younger. He now happily works alongside several.
- Empowered Badass Normal: He's not actually a Twilight but actually a former Hunter. And also a reformed Destroyer in hiding.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: A bridge of scar tissue across the right side of his face and nose.
- HeelFace Turn: Again, USED to hunt Twilights.
- Killed Off for Real: Dies in his attempt to save Constance.
- Lady and Knight: One of two White Knights, to Loretta.
- Official Couple: With Constance Raveau. They're implied to be engaged.
- Razor Wire: His signature weapon back when he was a Destroyer was a pair of gloves containing razor-sharp wires. Those wires are sharp enough to completely cut through a human body.
- Would Hurt a Child: Fights against and injures Mikhail (although he wasn't actively trying to kill the child).
The Corsica Family
- Voiced by Hideyuki Umezu (Japanese), Greg Dulcie (English)
The leader of the Corsica family.
- Enemy Mine: Erica and Mikhail seem to be working for him, both of whom are Twilights. It's later revealed Erica is a new generation.
- Voiced by Mari Yokoo (Japanese), Laurie Steele (English)
The head of the Corsica brothel.
The Paulklee Guild
Short and deadly, Doug is a 21-year-old Twilight.
- Badass Adorable: He looks like a kid and can even play the part well.
- Big Brother Worship: He lives with Galahad, who helped him learn to fight better and eventually inspired him to lock his hair.
- Blood Knight: Takes the job of killing Monroe mostly for the chance to fight him and any powerful Twilights he might have on hand.
- Defeat Equals Friendship: Sort of, with Nicolas, though technically, it ended in a draw.
- Dreadlock Rasta: He has locks and he's trying to sort of break away from the guild. Also takes the job of killing Monroe even though no Twilight is supposed to do that.
- Evil Sounds Deep, Vocal Dissonance: The only sign of his actual age.
- Knight of Cerebus: The plot finally arrives when he shows up.
- Living on Borrowed Time: Like all Twilights, he doesn't expect to live long. Specifically, he's predicted to die at age 25. He falls 4 years short of the deadline.
- The Napoleon/Pintsized Powerhouse
- Odd Friendship: As Defeat Equals Friendship mentions, he and Nic have a strangely friendly rapport post-duel. It borders on Vitriolic Best Buds.
- Older Than He Looks: Looks 12; he's not.
- Sacrificial Lamb: Dies in the aftermath of the Destroyers' massacre of the Paulklee Guild.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: With Ginger.
A member of the guild and a friend of Doug's.
- Action Girl: Has the highest tag ranking of the series so far (S/5).
- Ambiguously Bi: Is in a sexual relationship with her boss, Gina, but Kohske once drew a request image of her and Nicolas in a rather compromising position.◊
- Beware the Nice Ones: She goes from being nervous about Nicolas breaking the 3 Principles to snatching Worick's gun out of his hands.
- Boobs of Steel: Not as big as Alex in the chest department but still impressive and the highest ranked Twilight seen yet.
- Cute Bruiser: Can break a knife in half with her bare hands.
- Flash Step: Moves so quickly that the naked eye can't track her.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Is Gina's Bodyguard Babe, sleeping with her and has strong hints of being a Violently Protective Girlfriend.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: With Doug. Not that she's especially tall, Doug's just really short.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend:In spite of the 3 Principles, specifically "Thou Shalt Not Kill Muggles", she snatches Worick's gun out of his hands and aims it at his head for even thinking about leveling it at Gina.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Combines this with knee high boots.
- Younger Than They Look: Looks to be somewhere in her early-to-mid twenties, but is actually 17.
- Voiced by Yoshiko Sakakibara (Japanese), Clarine Harp (English)
The head of the guild.
- Ambiguously Bi: While she is shown waking up in bed with a naked Ginger, she seems rather awfully close in Nicolas' space while confronting him about his constant Phlebotinum Pills usage. Just take a look.◊
- Butch Lesbian: Appears to be in a sexual relationship with Ginger.
- Ephebophile: Ginger is 17, though who knows how long they've been together.
- The Dreaded: Hearing she's on the way to break up the fight between Nic and Doug results in a Mass "Oh, Crap!" from everyone in earshot.
- Iron Lady: Her response to Doug and Nic's insolent fighting: Celebrer downer medication
administered via BULLETS.
- She refuses to let anymore Twilights into her territory since the enemy might be mixed in and notes they are a Mercenary group, not refugee camp.
- Never Mess with Granny: Runs her guild with an iron fist. If you get killed on assignment, sucks to be you. She is considered ancient by Twilight standards while still being legitimately old at the age of 48.
- Smoking Is Cool: Is never seen without a cigarette.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's huge, something Nic incredulously points out when she's looming over him after pinning him to a wall. The boots help.
- Three-Laws Compliant: And she will heavily enforce those laws.
- In fact, she's insistent on keeping Normals out of the affairs of Twilights to avoid this happening, as she told Chad not to get involved after the recent slaughter by the Destroyers.
Twilight Hunters *Spoilers*
A pair of young Twilights who slaughter other Twilights and take their tags. They work for Ivan Glaziev and the Corsica family.
A child assassin. Candidate for "Most Disturbing Character" in the story.
- Game-Breaking Injury: He's discarded by his masters after Nic slices both of his Achilles tendons. He does not take this well at all.
- Hates Being Alone: His status as a mentally unwell child is emphasized when he's abandoned by Monroe. As they walk away, he screams that he's scared and doesn't want them to leave. After that, he's sitting in Theo's clinic in a straight jacket, babbling and crying.
- Keet: Simultaneously hyper and murderous, which makes him even more terrifying.
- Ludicrous Gibs: He appears to be able to slice people in half barehanded. Somehow.
- Zettai Ryouiki : Knee socks.
A female assassin. Usually seen with Mikhail.
- Break the Cutie: How she got to be the way she was. Sexual and emotional abuse for over a decade.
- The Brute: For Corsica, under the control of Ivan Glaziev.
- Emotionless Girl: The most emotion she ever displays is a slight smile while killing. Otherwise, she is completely passive and deadpan.
- Extreme Doormat: She expresses the faintest of smiles only when killing and is completely obedient to her abusive master. She gives Mikhail attention and defends him until Daniel Monroe throws him away since his Achilles tendons were cut by Nic. After that, she just walks away as he screams for her.
- Long Lost Sibling: To Delico. Their similarities in appearance is noted, but she's two years younger.
- Pet the Dog: Shows the slightest of affection towards Mikhail, backing him up in fights and bailing him out of potential injury. It wasn't enough to keep her from abandoning him though.
- Rape as Drama: Was sexually abused by Ivan Glaziev growing up. So much so, that she actively seeks his affection and listens to his every whim.
- Ax-Crazy: Every. Single. One of them. Except Emilio.
- Empowered Badass Normal: They are known as "Hunters" but a more accurate term to call them would be "Superhuman normals".note This means that, simply put, they have all the perks of being a Twilight without any of the drawbacks.
- Fantastic Racism: Towards Twilights.
- Psycho for Hire: They have no qualms with nonchalantly massacring scores of Twilights, and seemingly all for the kicks of it.
- Theme Naming: They are all named after firearms or firearm companies
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: How they dispose of Twilights.
- Would Hurt a Child: None of them have any trouble hurting Twilight children.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: They're all set to be scrapped and considered outdated models.
A 29-year old Hunter that was part of the second Destroyers with Marco Adriano.
- An Arm and a Leg: Marco's final attack managed to take off his arm. They won't regrow it either.
- Ax-Crazy: One of his earliest appearances has him casually choking a Twilight to death in front of the man's child whilst on the phone.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Delivered one to the Monroe Family when he stormed their estate looking for Daniel Monroe.
- Cute and Psycho: Fifteen years ago when he was part of the second Destroyers, he looked quite ecstatic as he was mowing down scores of Twilights.
- Expy: Could be seen as one of Doflamingo Donquixote.
- Implacable Man: He ripped off a locked steel door with his bare hands while he was searching for Daniel Monroe. Averted in that he stopped looking when he realised Daniel wasn't at the estate.
- Weapon of Choice: Dual Tonfas
- Would Hit a Girl: Goes one step further when he rips of Connie's left arm and sends it to Marco.
Is a 28-year old buxom Hunter who was also part of the second Destroyers with Marco Adriano and Striker.
- Ambiguously Bi: Seems to have some sort of relationship with Striker but also seems to harbour a sexual interest in Connie.
- Depraved Bisexual: Forces herself upon Connie with her fingers in a sensitive area and gets playfully upset when Connie refuses her advances.
- Buxom Is Better: Has a chest that rivals Alex's.
- In Love with Your Carnage: She seems to be attracted to violence and violent characters.
- Weapon of Choice: A razor-edged whip.
The 16-year old Hunter and one of the younger members of the third Destroyers.
- Ax-Crazy: Literally.
- An Axe to Grind: She brutally wields a single-headed battle axe with a disconcerting level of proficiency.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: She and Colt were responsible for the Twilight massacre that occurred at the Paulklee Guild.
- Dark Action Girl: She's definitely handy with her axe.
- Genki Girl: Hyper, always smiling, and downright creepy because of it.
- Voiced by Yuuta Kasuya (Japanese), Newton Pittman (English)
Is the youngest member of the third Destroyers at the age of 13.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: He and Sig were responsible for the Twilight massacre that occurred at the Paulklee Guild.
- Dissonant Serenity: Shows absolutely no emotion as he's cleaving through masses of Twilights.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a scar underneath his left eye. Turns out his entire upper body and arms are Covered with Scars.
- Knife Nut: Wields a pair of black hunting knives.
- Lightning Bruiser: With more focus on the "speedster" part. He was able to inflict fatal injuries upon Doug, an A/0 ranked Twilight known for his incredible speed, before the latter even had the chance to react.
- Pet the Dog: Literally tries to pet the cat Betty in one chapter. Unfortunately for him she will have none of it.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Nonchalantly massacred a bunch of Twilights, effortlessly killed Doug and is able to overwhelm Galahad.
- The Quiet One: Has the fewest lines of the group.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Sig's red.
- Voiced by Junji Majima (Japanese), Ricco Fajardo (English)
A 19-year old who recently moved to Ergastulum. Looking for someone.
- Ambiguously Brown: Like Alex, half-black and half-Chinese.
- Beard of Evil: Has a goatee and joined the Destroyers who work for the Corsica Family.
- Chekhov's Gunman: First seen in one of Alex's flashbacks to her youth as a little kid.
- The Everyman: Almost throws up watching Striker dismember Connie's arm and is generally shaken up by the extreme actions of his 'teammates'.
- Unlucky Everydude: Appears to be.
- Scars Are Forever: An X-shaped scar on the side of his forehead.
- Token Good Teammate: If his reaction to Striker dismembering Connie is any indication.
- Walking Spoiler: His very existence means not all of Alex's memories are wrong and that her surname actually is Benedetto.
- Voiced by: Masako Isobe (Japanese), Rachel Robinson (English)
An old woman who runs a convenience store.
The granddaughter of Joel. Runs a gun shop.
- Action Girl: Managed to cut Sig with a shard of glass before being put down.
- Badass Normal: Definitely counts as one of these, possessing zero abilities (Twilight or otherwise) and still managing to hold her own.
- A-Cup Angst: Everyone feels small with Alex around.
- An Arm and a Leg: Has her left arm brutally cut off by Striker and sent to Marco, with a message carved into it.
- Fingore: Her ring finger is also chopped off by Striker.
- Boyish Short Hair: Just look at her page image.
- Damsel in Distress: Kidnapped by the Destroyers to lure out Marco, her lover and a reformed Destroyer.
- Genki Girl: Her cheerfulness and enthusiasm is completely at odds with her living in Ergastulum.
- Harmful to Minors: Connie got to watch her parents get brutally murdered by Maverick as a child and narrowly avoided getting killed herself.
- Killed Off for Real: Dies with Marco attempting to kill the Destroyers.
- Official Couple: With Marco Adriano. They're implied to be engaged.
- Plucky Girl: Her bright demeanor translates to determination when she's kidnapped by the Destroyers.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: Always shown wearing tanks and tube tops.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Tomboy (being a very rowdy Wrench Wench and all) to Alex's Girly Girl.
- Wrench Wench: She's shown to have some skill in carpentry.
A 31-year-old doctor who works in a nearby clinic.
- Berserk Button: Don't hurt Nina or his clinic.
- Deadly Doctor: He's got syringes filled with... something and he's not afraid to use them on people.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Fingore: We can only guess why two of his fingers are missing.
- Flipping the Bird: On occasion when adjusting his glasses, thanks to his mangled hand.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: It's implied that he chose to Mercy Kill the Twilights that "weren't going to make it" because he needs more specimens for experimentation. Plus, he smacked the downer away from Worick so that he wouldn't lose any data on the drugs he gave Nic.
- Papa Wolf: In regards to Nina. He doesn't take threats to her safety in stride.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: The only doctor in Ergastulum who will help and support Twilights. The Celebrer that's in circulation? He makes it personally.
- He refuses to give up Nic when other Twilights come for him, due to Worick killing a major person.
- The Smart Guy: On medical and scientific things.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Apparently Theo has been patching Nic up for a very looooong time.
The 12-year-old apprentice of Theo. Very fond of Nicolas.
- The Cutie: Cute as a button, cheery as a sun, and in Ergastulum of all places!
- Expressive Hair: When she sees Worick shirtless during the second episode, her hair shoots upwards.
- The Heart: People tend to play nice around her.
- The Medic: A very competent nurse.
- Morality Pet: To Nicolas and Theo.
- Precocious Crush: Shows signs of it on Nic and Worick.
A mysterious Twilight from Nic and Worick's past.
- An Arm and a Leg: Is missing her right forearm in all the flashbacks seen of her.
- Emotionless Girl: Appears so in all of her appearances.
- Ill Girl: Is assumed to be the terminally ill Twilight staying at Big Mama's brothel. However she may already be a...
- Posthumous Character: Some people say that Nic is responsible for her death.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: After a few chapters featuring her in flashbacks, she not heard of again since.
Characters appearing in GANGSTA:CURSED *Spoilers*
Part of the second Destroyers along with Striker, Beretta and Marco.
- Abusive Parents: Her adoptive mother cruelly abused her as a child, calling it 'discipline'.
- Combat Stilettos: She has no problem fighting in pumps
- Dark Action Girl: Maverick is a highly skilled fighter that's more than a match for most Twilights. She also despises Twilights and will hunt down anyone who's associated with them, even children.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Doesn't take Marco's betrayal well. She immediately declares him a traitor and tries to kill him with the help of Minimi.
- Fantastic Racism: Violently hates all Twilights. Because her adopted brother was killed by one.
- Parental Abandonment: Maverick was abandoned at an orphanage as a baby. She was later adopted.
- Would Hurt a Child: Would have killed a young Connie if Marco hadn't stopped her.
Part of the second Destroyers.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a huge scar covering half his face.
- Kill It with Fire: Wields a glove that emits fire.
- Only in It for the Money: Unlike the other Destroyers Minimi is not motivated by a hatred of Twilights, but to get money for his debt-ridden mother and younger sibling.
- The Quiet One: Doesn't talk much in comparison to the other Destroyers.