As soon as any editing tools are created for a video game, players will make either pornographic, profane, or phallic content.
This tends to take three forms:
- Abuse of in-game functions, such as camera angles, Virtual Paper Doll features, or even the ability to rename characters.
- Game mods designed for questionable purposes, such as "nude mods" or other questionable user-designed content.
- Custom level designs that are decidedly Not Safe for Work, such as phallus-shaped levels.
Back in the bad old days of video games, almost any one who could code up a video game that could run on the Atari 2600 or the TI-80 did, and this led to a great deal of Shovelware titles and yes, Rule 34 applied in spades. The Angry Video Game Nerd did an entire episode dedicated to 8-bit versions of this trope. Definitely Not Safe for Work (or sanity). Even some mainstream studios got into the act, with Sierra On-Line's Softporn Adventure (a Text Adventure Dating Sim which later became the basis of the infamous Leisure Suit Larry franchise) setting off one of the first major controversies in computer gaming.
This is a video game subtrope of Rule 34, cousin of Video Game Cruelty Potential. Compare Power Perversion Potential, Third-Person Seductress, The Rule of First Adopters. Can be used as a form of Poor Man's Porn. May lead to staff nixing player-created content if abused in online settings, especially if the game is meant to be family-friendly.
- In Lollipop Chainsaw, you can actually get an achievement for trying to look up the player character's miniskirt.
- Even internal development teams are not immune. When Intellivision programmers working on TRON: Solar Sailer noticed that the Intellivoice module had an odd way of pronouncing the vowel in "can't," they decided to use the four-letter word in an unreleasable joke game, which consisted of a talking title screen pasted on to a hacked version of Astrosmash with the missile launcher and flying saucers replaced by genitalia.
- WarioWare: D.I.Y.:
- Lets you make your own "microgames", and it wasn't long before people made ones themed after getting boners.
- If you have a Pixiv account, you can see the sheer variety of porn microgames out there for the Japanese version, Made in Ore.
- One player made a subversion of these sorts of games. The microgame features a cute Moe girl with two hotspots—her breasts, and her hand. Grope her... and she gets crazy mad at you, resulting in a failure. Touch her hand, and she gives you a cheerful high-five—success!
- In the Batman: Arkham Series, there is the possibility of zooming and observing, from "interesting" angles, female characters such as Harley Quinn and Catwoman.
- In the NES game "The Last Ninja" it is possible for the player's (male) ninja to enter the women's washroom. If you move around and click randomly (you can't see where they are moving past the door, but the camera moves around indicating they are moving) you may eventually even get a powerup, after hearing a toilet flush. Take from that what you will.
- In LEGO Star Wars II, or any LEGO game with the Character Creator, it is possible to use the character editor to make naked characters.
- In a similar vein, in Ōkami, Amaterasu must design and wear a paper mask....
- In Saints Row: The Third, the "Sex Appeal" slider in the character creator affects the size of your Boss's dick or breasts, depending on gender. So go ahead and turn that all the way up. You can also have your Boss run around completely naked if you want, but the naughty parts are pixelated out. However, you can get around this by buying the skimpiest underwear you can find and making it the same color as your Boss's skin, and in the case of a female Boss, a pair of pasties that just barely cover the nipples and making them same color as actual nipples. Or if you're playing on PC, just get a nude mod that removes the pixelation and adds textures.
- It has not gone unnoticed.
- Even the developers have thought of this and have a giant dildo as a weapon in this game.
- Since first game of Tomb Raider, male players have performed in-game actions to make Lara Croft repeatedly say phrases and view closer camera angles of her bust and her butt.
- Back when Core was still running the series, a Fan Nickname for positioning Lara in the corner was "boob angle", since the camera spun for a while, after which it centered on Lara's bosom.
- Out of all the nude mods, few got the game's developer's attention other than that of Tomb Raider, resulting in the shutdown of the "Nude Raider" website.
- It is very common to see a phallus-shaped city in Carcassonne, though this is (usually) due to simple happenstance with what tiles get drawn.
- The Japanese version of Bloody Roar 3 infamously had a code where a player could enter debug mode, which allowed the player to pose the game's models however they wanted. Enter screenshots of the female characters in some rather risque positions. The code to enter the mode was removed in the American and European releases of the game.
- Darkstalkers 3 features a character palette editor. Since Felicia is already technically fully naked, it doesn't take much to change her white fur into the same color as the rest of her skin, and the name editor allowed quite a bit of space to name your new naked catgirl something fairly lewd as well.
- Dead or Alive has always featured some pretty revealing outfits, but Dimensions actually included a "Showcase" mode, which allowed you to pose "figurines" of all the fighters in various locations and positions and take pictures of them. In full 3D. This mode actually got the game pulled before release in Sweden due to backlash over the possibility of taking racy pictures of some of the underage fighters.
- Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 featured a slightly less extreme example. The character model viewer allows players to control the X, Y, Z, and rotational axis in order to examine all the characters during their default fighting stance. Felicia is the example once again, as a player can zoom in quite far to take a really close look at her underside... or her massive breasts as they jiggle in all her idle-stance glory.
- The M.U.G.E.N engine makes it possible to import character bootlegs from any 2D fighting game. There are enough nude retextures, some with x-rated animations, to repackage into a 2GB partial conversion. And then there are maps with names like 'Palace of Porn', filled with scans of hentai and porn.
- The Slime Original Character. All of its attacks transform it into a long appendage that goes to some very sensitive places. And it turns into a nude woman when struck.
- There are also Yoshi edits that revolve around the vore fetish.
- The Soul Series's Create-A-Soul mode has lots of potential for NSFW characters. It seems to get worse with each new installment:
- Soulcalibur IV had some pretty risque outfits for characters, whether they be original or a custom look for already existing characters, which meant you could have some rather stripperiffic looks for any of the characters.
- SoulCalibur 5 adds "Specialised equipment" for the character creator, which can be placed anywhere on the body, and includes things like horns and arrows. Guess where some trolls like to place these things. The ability to apply stickers, in conjunction with a form-fitting rubber unitard, also means trolls making lots of naked women.
- Soul Calibur VI makes things even worse:
- You can now change your custom fighter's race. Some, such as Shapeshifters, Lizardmen, and Colossi, are completely nude, meaning their "Specialized Equipment" is even more authentic-looking. And that isn't even getting into the disconcerting number of people who make Lizardmen characters (for some reason it's always Lizardmen) with gigantic facsimile penises and upload them to the sharing service just to Troll.
- When 2B from NieR: Automata joined the game, Bandai Namco both embraced and acknowledged this trope. One of her winposes has her lean over to pet her Pod while the camera spins around to try and get a peek up her skirt (or at her backside, if her skirt was destroyed). However, Pod warns her that it detects another lifeform, making her spin around and shoot a Death Glare at the camera. On the other hand, not only does 2B have her skirt-shredding Self-Destruct Mechanism as a Desperation Attack, but she has a version of it made specifically for Training Mode which is unaffected by the standard Reset button, allowing players to practice their moves with a skirtless 2B.
- Super Smash Bros.:
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U:
- amiibo fighters can be renamed. Expect to hear about people who have named their Donkey Kong Expand Dong.
- A stage was added as a free DLC called "Miiverse". This stage is similar to Battlefield, but sometimes Miiverse posts will appear supporting the characters that are on the match. Never go to this stage as Zero Suit Samus or Donkey Kong... though even if you don't, you will probably see at least one crudely-drawn penis or scrawled obscenity.
- Even at the basic level, it's not hard to create Miis with inappropriate names that bypass the name filters.
- Both Brawl and for Wii U have stage editors. It didn't take long for the perverts of the gaming world to start making penis-shaped stages, and for them to start sharing said penis-shaped stages on for Wii U. To Nintendo's credit, sharing penis-shaped stages in for Wii U would inevitably lead to severe repercussions on Miiverse.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate:
- Ultimate has a greatly expanded camera feature from its predecessor, with plenty of tools for players to make artistic shots. However, using it for decidedly less-than-innocent purposesnote will reveal that Krystal has no undergarments underneath her loincloth, and that her constant flips make it easy for perverts to get an eyeful of her nether regions◊. Palutena is another character who is easy to, erm, expose.
- A greatly expanded version of the Stage Builder was added in the 3.0.0 update with the ability to create stages with freely drawn platforms and moving platforms. Certain players abused this very quickly, with some of the more infamous racy stages that have spread around being the obligatory penis stages, countless stages taking place on an attractive female's breasts or buttocks, and at least one stage shaped like a sex scene.
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops: It is possible to create your own emblem to put onto your gun. Of course, since you can make any shape with some imagination, it doesn't take a genius to see where this went...
- Thus leading to the horrible humiliation of getting killed over and over by a guy whose clan tag is [c==8] and who has a dick as his emblem.
- All Valve Source engine games that have a multi-player feature allowing players to upload images and spray them on the wall. The immediate result should be obvious, but where it gets interesting is in the Meta Game: Counter-Strike snipers using porn sprays to lure players into a killzone.
- Or in Team Fortress 2, spies with the Cloak and Dagger using this for an easy backstab. (Note that this link has done it rather tastefully.)
- Griefers have taken advantage of this as well by using images from shock sites. They usually just Squick their own team.
- Ever played the multiplayer of good ol' Half-Life and Counter-Strike? Servers got overrun by players with... interesting names, including gems like "Condomising Proorgasmer", "Lesbian Syphilitic Spanker", and "Prostituted Paderastive Freak". Also, there's punny player names like "Isaac Cox", "Anita Bang", and also "I. P. Freely".
- In the development stages of Halo 3, the possibility of letting players draw their own emblems was considered. However, the idea was quickly scrapped when the dev team found themselves branding their characters with badly drawn penises. Now, emblems can only be made of predefined shapes.
- In any of the games, limiting emblems to predefined shapes won't stop anyone from abusing them to make lewd images. The less said about the missile icon, the better.
- Many of the female characters in Overwatch have one or more unlockable dress/skirt outfits Symmetra even having one by default allowing for other players to get a good look at their panties (with the exception of D.va's Palanquin skin, which instead opts for Modesty Shorts).
- This is paticulary easy when playing as Torbjörn due to his short stature putting the player's camera on about the same level as most character's butts.
- Special mention goes to Mercy with her 'Battle Angel' Highlight Intro, which can lead to her flashing the camera whenever she gets Play of the Game.
- City of Heroes had Architect Entertainment, a tool for making player-created content. You could create missions using existing enemy factions such as the Carnival of Shadows, or modify costumes to create (effectively) nude NPCs, but beating up nude women was about the limit of what players could manage. Then, the developers released the "sports" costume pack with the "pushup" emote, followed by the in-game unlockable "faint" emote...
- If this article is to be believed, this may be the main cause of the spiraling costs which led to LEGO Universe's shutdown. An entire team of moderators was hired to check every single user-submitted creation, banning every offensive/NSFW creation that got submitted, as the LEGO Group has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to lewdness in their products. It got too much for both the moderation team and developer Glass Bottom Games's bank account, so they decided that the best course of action was to just shut the game down. Makes sense when one of the developers themselves was caught building a dong in the game. note
- MapleStory 2 lets the player create custom clothing and furniture! Sounds great right? Cue lewd shirts, hats etc. galore! Even with the threat of Alikar Island!
- The Jackbox Party Pack. It would be easier to count how many rounds of drawing-based games don't have at least one player drawing genitalia or breasts and how many rounds of text-input games don't have at least one player using swear words, names of private body parts, or text phalluses as submissions.
- The BBC Micro game Frak! was hacked into an infamous "rude version" which substituted two letters in the title, changed the main character's name to "The Rapist" and his Killer Yo Yo to... well, guess. In addition, the enemies become "Wife", "Baby", and "Whore".
- Jet Set Radio allows you to draw your own custom graffiti. Using some modding tools for the PC port will allow you to convert images to said custom graffiti. So you now have a bunch of teenagers painting "Fuck the police!" and pornographic posters all over Tokyo-to, making the over-the-top deployment of police a little more justified.
- Super Mario Maker defies this with the ability to report inappropriate courses. Also, custom sound effects, the most-likely-to-be-abused feature, are replaced when sharing online.
- Levelengine once encountered a Super Mario World overworld contest entry depicting a nude female.
- A Hat in Time:
- One mission ends with Hat Kid getting an ID photo taken. She is promptly declared horribly unphotogenic and handed a box of markers for "photo doctoring". The player can then draw whatever they want over Hat Kid's mugshot. Be careful how perverted you make it though, since when they say it's your ID photo, they mean it. It's displayed next to your save file for the rest of the game (though you can always just replay the mission and make a new one.
- Anytime you are prompted to enter text in the game, if you put in something perverted or profane, you actually get an achievement.
- Peter Molyneux's Curiosity: it's an app where players dig through the layers of a giant cube to get to the sweet, juicy secret at the center. A lot of them just draw dicks or spell out curse words.
- Rest assured, when Super Scribblenauts says you can create anything, it means it, particularly when the word "nude" is an accepted adjective (although it only colors the object the same color as caucasian skin).
- Scribblenauts Unlimited is worse, since you can take various pieces of different objects and assemble them into ANYTHING. Yes, you can attach that hot dog where you're thinking of (and recolor it to match the character's skin).
- Mario Kart DS had a feature that lets players create an emblem to display on their karts throughout the game, including multi-player and online. Didn't take long for nearly every player to decorate the hood of their karts with breasts and penises. You could also change your profile name, which led to some "creative" names online. Nintendo was not impressed and removed this feature after this game.
- Regarding the "Course Maker" feature in Gran Turismo 6, you're free to create your own race track. It should not come as a surprise that there's a course which is notoriously shaped like a gigantic male genitalia and known by the name "Gentleman Sausage". The description of the track itself is even more of a doozy!
- In the Groove 2's r21 update allows players to play custom songs on an arcade cabinet. Said arcade cabinet is designed to be played in a public venue. It's not unlikely that some players have used this feature to play raunchy songs in a family-friendly environment, or worse, "songs" that are straight-up porn clips. Although, that's probably a good way to be permanently banned from the establishment.
- Early Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA games allowed for the player to aim the camera to see up the girls' skirts. This came to an end with Project DIVA F for the PlayStation 3, in which the game plays a police siren sound and says the character cannot be displayed if you try to look up a Vocaloid girl's skirt in the Photo Studio.
- In BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!, you can change your name at any time. As such, expect Multi-Lives to occasionally have names and name formats such as "Step on me (character)" or "Rinko's left boob".
- Even Dwarf Fortress isn't immune.
Crioca: When the bag was full I went on a rampage, smacking people down with a bag full of dicks. It took me a while but eventually I thought "What the FUCK am I doing?"
- The infamous, innocuous-sounding "Goblin Fortress" springs to mind. It started out by turning goblins into a One-Gender Race whose hat was apparently BDSM, then it added pet tentacle monsters and dwarven slaves and replaced the default Vendor Trash with adult novelties. Then the fan-art started turning up and things just went downhill from there; the exact details are unclear, because the forum thread was deleted and nobody who witnessed this fiasco really wants to talk about it, but furry porn was involved somehow and Toady One's masterwork adamantine banhammer tasted blood for the first time in a long while when he found out.
- Also, it's possible to add genitalia via modding. This led to an incident where one player ripped off a bandit's phallus, then beat the bandit and his friends to death with it.
- A certain former Memetic Badass Obok Meatgod had the details of his exploits purged from the forum archives after his user modded in genitals and had his adventurer rape a goblin child. Ew.
- Another player collected bandit dicks in a bag, then went around pummeling enemies with the bag:
Broseph Stalin: Broseph Stalin's Dorf immersion scale: T/2 where T is Time in minutes it takes you to remember hitting people with severed penises is wrong. My rating? 17.
- Even without modding, it is not uncommon for players to coordinate their dwarves to create anatomically-correct monuments.
- One player in an unmodded game captured a goblin-raised dwarf in a cage trap during a raid, looted their belongings, and mounted the cage in the dining hall for decoration... only to realize later that the dwarf was a female, and he'd created a "dwarven strip club". Upon relating this to Bay 12 forums, the discussion almost immediately went to the location of beards on female dwarves.
- The 0.42.06 update gave players control over what images they want on engravings, statues, figurines, and other in-game artwork. Naturally, players found ways to use the framework for it to imply sexual content.
- It's easier to count the non-pornographic mods for Dragon Age: Origins than it is to count the porn ones. Ranging from the typical nude skins, to fully modeled penises for the men that you can select length, circumcision, erect or non erect, penises for the monsters, the dog, the female monsters, replacing the current tame sex scenes with graphic hardcore sex, adding new graphic hardcore sex and more.
- Bethesda's flagship RPG series, The Elder Scrolls and Fallout (starting with 3):
- Bethesda has included the "Construction Set" (known as G.E.C.K. for the Fallout titles) Level Editor packaged with its games dating all the way back to Morrowind. This, of course, means there are ''countless' "adults-only" mods for the games in these series.
- A utility mod gives other mods flexible access to the underlying Havok physics engine, most notably allowing parts of character and creature meshes to be handled by the physics engine in lieu of fully static animations. Its only popular use? Bouncing breasts. And, from the same site that brought you SexLab above, swingin' schlongs.
- Skyrim in particular has among the most realistic and titillating looking nude mods (both female and male, and both armored and unarmored), especially for those who are able to set their game's graphics details to the maximum (so it can be viewed up close with the free viewing camera, great for those who want to take screenshots), and one mod site, Skyrim Nexus, has plenty to choose from (fortunately such mods hosted there have restricted access, requiring registration and opting to be able to view adult content). Only a portion of those mods are adult, but there are a lot of them. Skyrim even has mods that can enlarge female characters' breasts and give them a more hip-swinging walk (as well as throw in a Girly Run animation for added fun). And to top it all off, a group of Skyrim modders came together and created the Sexlab mod, which is in fact a large and robust library of animation scripts for all sorts of acts of sex, along with some voice files, and it even includes a configuration menu. This would allow modders making sex-related mods to focus on their mod's themes (which could range from combat sex and assault, to slavery and slave trade, to mere consensual sex between lovers) without having to create their own animated sex scenes, instead referring to the library for all that. For all its intents and purposes, one can't help but hand it to these guys for this level of Genius Programming.
- Fallout: New Vegas has plenty of opportunities to romance NPCs. If you have a companion, they just stand around and watch. One of these companions believes herself to be your dear sweet Grandmother. One of the NPCs you can romance is a robot. Same as in the sequel.
- Fallout 4:
- The developers planned for this. The game averts Hello, [Insert Name Here]; your Robot Butler will actually say your character's name in dialogue and there are over a thousand names to choose from, including things like Assface, Boobies, Fuckface, and Orgasmo.
- The game has a new feature to the Fallout franchise settlement creation, which comes with a bunch of pre-made walls. Naturally, it did not take long for players to start making phallic symbols out of wood floors, lightboxes, and buildings.
- You can make your companions and settlers walk around in their underwear by equipping and unequipping the right types of apparel in the right order. (It is of note here that people in The Commonwealth wear skimpier underwear than people in the Capitol Wasteland or the Mojave.) You can create entire settlements with dozens of people wearing only their underwear with this method.
- You can romance and have sex with your companion on a bed in the middle of a crowded city.
- Bethesda has included the "Construction Set" (known as G.E.C.K. for the Fallout titles) Level Editor packaged with its games dating all the way back to Morrowind. This, of course, means there are ''countless' "adults-only" mods for the games in these series.
- Yes, there are plenty of Knights of the Old Republic mods where the fugly underwear is swapped out for something a little easier on the eyes. Nude Bastila and Handmaiden mods are easier to find, but there are just as many for the guys. The nude male mods, though, tend to be passed around on invite-only forums and lists.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia allows players to use pictures stored in their PlayStation 3 units for "R/W disc" special attacks even pornographic ones. Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 allows Nepgear's CPU outfit to be customized via the Costume Canvas system, and "nude mods" have been made. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory extends the Costume Canvas system to the other CPUs and the CPU Candidates, allowing even more perverted potential.
- Neverwinter Nights saw some of this, ultimately driven off the giant parody-shaped cliff with a module titled "Sex and the Single Adventuress" (there is a Neverwinter Nights 2 remake as well). No matter what she wears, the provided character always has exposed breasts with simple Jiggle Physics modeled in, and the whole plot involves sleeping with every male you find in the game. Given that character models cannot actually touch meaningfully outside of combat, the entire area while the scene happens is blacked out with outlandish noises thrown in.
- There actually is a hakpak that adds sexual poses and animations to the game called the "Intimate Animations Suite" (Page lacks screenshots, so it's sort of SFW). They can be scripted into cutscenes by module creators. The module "Save The Princess!" uses this hakpak.
- Like all games, Neverwinter Nights can be modded, but out-of-the-box it comes with a feature for creating your own campaign or even making an altered version of the default campaign.
- Pokémon games manage to have some of this, despite Nintendo's censorship and language filters. For example:
- In Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, some wags managed to make racy phrases with the prefabricated word list. Upon the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver, the word "snatch" was removed from said list, presumably in order to keep female trainers from declaring "I just wanted everyone to look at my snatch!" Some players have used this to change the Trendy Phrase in Dewford Town to "ADULT ANIME" or "ADULT TOYS".
- A age-old Double Entendre goofery with Pokémon of phallic/yonic design with moves like Harden, Lick, Bounce, Pound, and other such moves that could be questionable in context of their combinations, topped off with creatively suggestive nicknames. Seedot in particular is able to learn Growth, Harden, and Explosion. This particular Machamp danced straight past language filters.Explanation
- In Pokémon X and Y, some particularly creative players have abused the PR Video feature in Lumiose City to have mock Immodest Orgasms. They have also exploited the free-rotating character models of the Pokémon in the Pokédex and petted their Pokémon in inappropriate places in Pokémon-Amie. Not only that, some Pokémon actually like being pet there make of that what you will. However, Pokédex camera free-rotation was modified in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to prevent the player from rotating the camera fully above or underneath Pokémon for nefarious reasons: such as checking out their undersides or hindquarters in detail, or getting an upskirt shot of Gardevoir.
- Another mild example from X and Y happens right at the start of the game, where your new friends ask you if you want them to address you with a nickname. For a Dom/sub twist, have them address you as "Master" or "Mistress". Especially Shauna, whose Ship Tease becomes more amusing with this in mind.
- Even after the filters for names containing inappropriate words were put in place, there's still the odd creature named "SuckMy(.)(.)" or "8==D" going around on Wonder Trade.
- As well as hackers uploading waves of Diancies, Jirachis, and other event mons (normally untradable via GTS, but removing the ribbon allows it) named "FUCK YOU" to the GTS.
- Since this is a kids' game, it's natural for older players to want adult-oriented hacks. One popular ROM hack of this type for the GBA games is the very mature FRLG mod "Pokémon My Ass."
- There's a popular Game Mod for the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire that gives May a big bust.
- Put together a team of Unown, arranged such that the letters each of them represent form a naughty word that's six letters or less.
- Pokémon GO, being a smartphone game not for kids, didn't have filters yet as trading hadn't yet been introduced. When a feature where players can have their team leader appraise their Pokémon was added, it included comments on the size of larger or smaller than average mons. You can probably guess where that went fast.
Team Leader: Your Penis is just colossal! It's the biggest we've ever seen!
- Of course, the 'it's the tiniest we've ever seen' was also meme'd incessantly, cue Cluster F-Bomb thrice.
- The Pokémon photo-taking booths in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have allowed players to create a variety of imaginatively naughty photos, such as one of the boys being caught on camera smacking the butt of their Phermosa.
- In Pokémon Sword and Shield, one of the options for a Trainer Card background is a picture of Leon doing his Charizard pose. If you position your character just right, you can make it look like you're stroking his dick.
- Shin Megami Tensei has Mara, the infamous Gag Penis demon. It also has Arioch, a demon that has what amounts to a gaping vagina with teeth. Both can be found as enemy demons and as fusable allied demons. Conclusion: Mara vs. Arioch battle.
- In Dark Souls II, you meet an NPC called Rosabeth of Melfia, who's clothed in tattered rags. She asks you if you have any spare clothes for her to wear instead, which you can help her with by giving her any pieces of armour you like. Unsurprisingly, a lot of people like to look for the sexiest combination of armour pieces possible for her, with one common option simply being giving her the Desert Sorceress Set◊(a set of armour so intentionally fanservicey that equipping the chestpiece will actually increase the cup size of any female character who wears it).
- Final Fantasy VIII went way out of its way to avert this, at least for the North American release. The Scan spell shows details of an enemy, on a screen that also includes a rotating model of it. Many players don't realize that the game controls can be used to rotate the model at will, on two axes. Many players also don't realize that Scan can be cast on player characters, because this serves no purpose. But the developers certainly did. Rotation of Selphie's model is restricted she is the only character that wears a short skirt.
- Also averted in Final Fantasy XV: Most of the character models in the Monster Compendium can be zoomed and rotated, but the model for Shiva is fixed. For those unfamiliar with recurring characters in Final Fantasy games, Shiva is an ice goddess dressed in a bikini.
- Also averted in Square Enix's other RPG series. Dragon Quest XI also has a Monster Compendium that you can move, zoom and rotate (left or right) the monsters on display, except for the Succubat family of monsters. They are a cross between Cute Monster Girl and Horny Devil with Underboobs, and can't be zoomed in or moved around.
- Even before the full release of NieR: Automata, players have fun spotting the best shots of 2B's ass, or using the "Self Destruction" to destroy her dress and leaving her skirtless. In the finished game, if the player tries to get a look up 2B's skirt while it's intact, she'll notice after a moment and kick the camera away.
- In Xenoblade Chronicles X the Character Creation allowed the ability to adjust a female PC's height and breast size. Fearing this trope would ensue, the breast slider was removed for the international release. However, while some of the armor pieces where changed to be more modest (most notably the swimsuits) many people still outfitted the female party members with the skimpiest or skin-tight armor the game had, most notably the 13-year old Lin.
- Animal Crossing:
- There's a character named Blanca who will occasionally show up in the player's town. Players are free to give her a face if she doesn't have one, or "rearrange" her face if she does. Now, faces that Blanca already has are downloaded from Nintendo's servers and faces that any player draws are inadvertently uploaded to Nintendo's servers, so long as the console has internet connectivity. The game also doesn't check to see if the player drew on a valid face, and Nintendo doesn't do random sampling checks on the faces uploaded to the servers. Net result: Blanca can shown up to your town a few dozen times. With a penis doodled onto her face.
- Animal Crossing allows for custom designs, and flags are one. Welcome to perverted designed flags and paintings. New Leaf even warns players not to share their town via the Dream Suite if it has an inappropriate name or flag.
- Sometimes the characters will let you change certain parts of their standard dialogue, such as greetings or the character's Verbal Tic. Players have been known to make these characters greet everybody by saying "Let's make out!", among other things. There's also the possibility of naming your town "My Pants", leading to the game saying "Have fun in My Pants!" upon startup.
- In the Homebrew scene for the Xbox 360 Kinect, if you know where to look, there exists games where you can reach out and manhandle cute girls using the Kinect's ability to track your hands and body movements.
- The Oregon Trail gave players the ability to put custom messages on tombstones for other settlers to find whenever one of them died (usually from dysentery). Apart from a few with "Pepperoni and cheese", a Shout-Out to an old Tombstone Pizza commercial, most ended up with obscenities.
- This playthrough of Rock Star Ate My Hamster names the band "Faggots In Jail" and gets a song named "Gary Glitter Is A Shitter" from an album named Used Tampax Selection to peak at #4 on the singles chart.
- Second Life is full to the brim with the trope. Being an MMO styled game with heavy customization, you'd be lying to yourself if you claim to have never seen another player with a huge dong flopping about on his avatar.
- The Sims
- Hacks remove the mosaic blur over naked sims. Everyone is smooth like Ken and Barbie by default, so of course, people made mods for that. Along with... well, let's just say there's whole websites worth of X-rated Sims stuff (Sims 2 in particular.)
- Generally, the first mods for any game of The Sims will involve removing the Mosaic Blurs. Mostly because this is actually the easiest thing to mod over. Stuff like this or this (both SFW) come later.
- Invoked in this Dork Tower strip
- With the 'boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true' command it is possible to make any adult Sim pregnant by any other Sim. That includes getting pregnant by relatives, male pregnancy, getting pregnant by children...
- Fat admirers have created patches that make the women fat.
- Starting with The Sims 2, this is a vanilla feature.
- You can customize the breast size of female sims and butt size of all sims in The Sims 4 by clicking on those parts and dragging them.
- The Sims 2 and onward allow custom paintings to be added to the game, allowing players to have their artist Sims paint pornographic pictures and hang them up on the wall.
- This rule has been acknowledged for the Spore creature creator. It made the game's online feature family-unfriendly because players got to see alien races by other users, but didn't get to choose which ones they see. To put it another way, say hello to walking penises, crawling penises, flying penises, monsters with penises, penises with penisesnote , and creatures in the form of two people copulating. And the occasional breasts. This is so prevalent it has its own name "sporn", a portmanteau of "Spore" and "Porn".
- You can forbid monsters that are risqué or you just don't like from appearing on your computer. If enough people ban a monster, it will only be used by the creator (local host only). You can also turn off sharing for monsters that are walking cocks if you create one. There used to be an achievement for having one of your creations banned from the game servers, but it was removed when the developers realized that rewarding players for unleashing these horrors was a terrible idea.
- There are mods for Stardew Valley that will make your farmer, the female NPCs, and one of the male NPCs nude. You can also change your livestock and/or artisan crafting stations into nude bondage slaveboys. One particularly infamous mod adds A Date with Rosie Palms to the schedules of all the eligible bachelors.
- Tomodachi Life has a speech synthesis system and lets you type in text in many different areas. Of course, you can't type dirty words proper (it's a Nintendo game, after all), but a few workarounds (such as "shiit" instead of "shit") will allow your Miis to swear without it sounding unnatural. Giving your Miis inappropriate names and appearances is just the start:
- You can have the Miis sing with customizable lyrics, and people obviously made them sing about sex.
- The "Quirky Questions" mini-game lets you fill in the blank for various "who" questions for your Miis to answer, which can lead to some ''very'' colorful and perverted questions (with some surprises as well depending on which Mii answers).
- This trope is the reason that, ever since the SmackDown vs. Raw games have had online play capability, they have prohibited logos from being placed on the lower bodies of created wrestlers.
- When the create-a-wrestler mode in the WWE Video Games series got advanced enough to allow the addition of shapes and patterns to CAWs, it wasn't long before players started making nude female CAWs with nipples made out of patterns. WWE tried to put a stop to this by disabling adding patterns to female CAW torsos in WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth, but players hacked the ability to add them back into the game with a GameShark. SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain stopped the fun for good by causing torso patterns to go behind the female CAW's breasts.
- There was a GameShark code for WWF War Zone which enabled female wrestlers to wrestle topless. They even had nipples.
- As with Total War, Crusader Kings allows you to pair off characters in rather scandalous combinations. Parent/Child and Brother/Sister are explicitly forbidden by game mechanics (unless you're following certain religions, then such pairings are encouraged), but not First Cousins, Uncle/Niece, Stepparent/Stepchild, or Grandparent/Grandchild.
- The real fun thing? All but those last two were probably moderately common at the time.
- One patch introduced a trait to allow certain characters to prefer incestuous relationships, specifically to make things easier for the people making the Game of Thrones Game Mod.
- A (probably) unintentional one: Another mod introduced a sequence of events that allows homosexual characters to become lovers. Certain events in the base game fire for any lover pairing, and the modders forgot to insert the proper gender checks for these events, resulting in male characters becoming pregnant and having children. The later official Way of Life DLC does have checks to make certain the lover that gets pregnant is female... but, at release, not for making certain the lover that made them pregnant was male.
- As with "The Old Gods" DLC, it is possible, and even encouraged, to marry close kin if your religion is Zoroastrian. This DLC also added concubines, which are sex slaves for all purposes and intents.
- The "Conclave" DLC adds horses as characters generated by a certain event. Normally, they spawn with a trait that prevents them from marrying or reproducing. An exploit allows horse characters without this trait to be generated, enabling them to marry and reproduce with human characters. One player used this particular exploit to restore the Roman Empire as a Viking horse.
- In a moment of partial Developers' Foresight, in Resident Evil 4, you can use your gun crosshairs to look up Ashley's skirt and she will immediately cover herself and call him a pervert. However, this reaction seems to purely be triggered by the positioning of Leon's face, meaning that even if the camera can see just fine, she won't cover up if there's no line of sight directly tracing towards Leon's eyes. Hilariously, this can also lead to false positives, where, say, Leon gets called a pervert for having his severed head land eyes-up under Ashley.
- In many of the Total War games, it's quite easy to turn your royal family into an incestuous nightmare with siblings marrying each other and elderly uncles marrying their relatives the moment they come of age. The first Medieval game will automatically create father/daughter pairings for you with surprising frequency. Particularly Squicky (even comparatively) is when the age of the father creates the horrible realization about the maximum possible age their child can be. You can make your own father-daughter pairing as well wait until you get a new king, and then marry him to a princess. She'll register as his daughter.
- XCOM 2's War of the Chosen expansion adds a photobooth feature that allows you to make recruitment posters featuring your soldiers. The posters will show up in-game, plastered to walls in Resistance settlements. Players quickly realized that with strategic camera angles, certain poses, and the shirtless customization option, they could make posters that appeal to mankind's baser instincts. Alternately, you can replace the contents of your photobooth folder with whatever you like (i.e., porn) and it'll show up instead.
- You can add a D/s twist to any dating sim or visual novel with a faceless protagonist simply by naming them "Master".
- Heartache 101 ~Sour Into Sweet~ lets the player mod a Romance Game with graphics, storylines, and music. It may be easier to create NSFW content with Heartache 101 rather than creating a unique game with Ren'Py or other tools.
- Garry's Mod, a famous Half-Life 2 sandbox mod, allows you to build contraptions using models from assorted Valve games to do obvious things such as making giant dongs or poorly putting ragdolls into sex poses. The game's official site used to be littered with pornographic contraptions and images before constant complaining from the Facepunch community led to them being cleaned up. The pornographic uploads are borderline extinct on Facepunch. Other sites? Not so much.
- Even Minecraft has been hit by this. Golden cock and balls, anyone?
- And some people have made naked character skins and have modded the ingame paintings into porn.
- No Man's Sky lets players explore a vast galaxy full of planets and lifeforms they can name... Knowing how Spore turned out, this was inevitable.
- In Roblox, it was inevitable that people were going to make sexual stuff, and have done so despite it being strictly banned. Whenever a place with sexually explict content gets found by frequent users of the site (usually the forums), it tends to get deleted within a few hours at most. Additionally, after the Colbert Bump which was initiated around late 2015, some parents went to local news stations and told them about their child stumbling upon possible predators, though these reports started over a year later.
- Just to show that the immature mind will make use of the smallest degree of creative freedom, a popular clan-tag is [~c=8] (Spoilered to protect innocent eyes from the horror of a crudely drawn ascii phallus.)
- Similarly used in countless ways to abuse the Hello, [Insert Name Here] function of games, or usernames or titles.
- Online drawing-chain games such as Drawception and Doodle or Die have players drawing something, then allowing someone else to describe it, then a third player drawing the description, and so on and so forth. There's little to no limit as to what can be drawn, so to say that people will sometimes draw sexual organs, porn, or fetish art instead of what the prompt tells them to draw is a massive understatement. Unlike most other examples, this is heavily frowned upon (particularly on Drawception), as most of the time the suggestive material winds up derailing promising chains and is seen as immature.
- In the early days of Arcade Games, high score screens would ask you to enter your initials after getting a high score. Naturally, some people would enter ASS, SEX, FUK, or the like. Most later arcade machines have code to block such initials.
- The seal point bakeneko costume on Gaia Online just happens to have its main fur color match very closely with some of the normal avatar skin colors, and happens to have several parts which can be worn separately. When it was new, this resulted in the occasional user having their avatar wearing the seal point top and bottom, but not the corresponding ears, tail, whiskers, or facepaint running around in the various games on the site, apparently completely naked aside from the resulting cat paws.
- There are tons of ROM hacks, mostly for NES games like Super Mario Bros., River City Ransom, and Double Dragon that change all (or most) of the graphics and text into graphics and text of a sexual or gory nature. And then there's the hacks that just turn characters into Wilford Brimley. Read up on them here.
- An inversion is something called Joji Fuku O Kite (Little Girls Wearing Clothes) which was made from the old unlicensed nudie game Idol Shisen Mahjong featuring pictures of women who strip for the player between levels. Idol Shisen Mahjong in turn is actually an early hack of Tiles of Fate, in which the prize for beating levels was being shown conquering various parts of China. In Joji Fuku O Kite, the prize is... well, pictures of fully clothed little girls. They don't even pose pruriently or anything.
- The Nintendo Switch has HD rumble capability, making this one of the rare, if not only example of HARDWARE being able to be put into a perverted use, not just the games themselves. And yes, developers ARE going to use this.
- For example, the Senran Kagura series developers have expressed their interest to exploit HD rumble technology by showing a wobbling plate of pudding as one of the models they intend to use for motion capture. Given the amount of fanservice they stuff their games with, it's immediately obvious what kind of rumble physics they plan to model.
- Historically, rumble technology has been 'exploited' in such a fashion, most notably in Rez with the Trance Vibrator attachment. You see, it was designed to pulse vibrations in time to the music and the gameplay, which results in the inevitable. And yes, the Xbox Live Arcade version of Rez supports Trance Vibe functionality in a manner of speaking you can link additional controllers to the game and have them pulse in time to the beat.
- Snow Crash mentions that one can make one's Metaverse avatar a giant talking penis, and that people have done so.
- In the Friends episode "The One Where Joey Dates Rachel," Chandler plays Pac-Man and fills the high score table with dirty words* .
Monica: You think this is clever?
Chandler: Well, you know, they only give you three letters, so after A-S-S, it is a bit of a challenge.
- The Black Mirror episode Striking Vipers explores this. Two estranged thirty-something former-college buddies use a full-immersion fighting game to relive old times, but then they find out that the game's realistic simulation of physical sensation also extends to sex. Digital adultery ensues.
- Zero Punctuation:
- In the 3DS review:
Yahtzee: I did check and it is extremely possible to make a Mii that has what looks like a cock for a face. It's equally possible to name him "Señor Coquonface" and make him your StreetPass ambassador who greets everyone in the vicinity with the phrase "I'm watching you!" in block capital.
- From his review of Tabula Rasa:
Yahtzee: Mindful of the fact that the duty of a beta tester is to try and break the game, I decided to test out Tabula Rasa's obscenity filter by naming my creation Gareth Gobulcoque.
- In any game with construction abilities, he'll inevitably build a giant penis, as in Minecraft and From Dust.
- In the 3DS Ocarina of Time review, he chooses the name "Fuck me", which, as he points out, is already the subject of most of your conversations with female characters (although he also mentioned that his main reason for doing so was to get Navi to say "Fuck me, it's cold!" when he got to the ice level).
- In the 3DS review:
- Jim Sterling has a number of running gags similar to the Zero Punctuation examples; he consistently uses the word 'Chungus' for user-selected character names, and he delighted in drawing penises in the 'starving artist simulator' Passepartout.
- ''Stolen Pixels'' has a (fictitious) in-game example: the prince from Prince of Persia (2008) jumps from a cliff and gets saved by Elika all in order to look down her shirt in the process. The player doesn't get to look, but gets an achievement instead.
- In The Amazing World of Gumball episode "The Console," a handheld game system turns the town of Elmore into an RPG. Gumball abuses the ability to name himself by picking "MYBUTT" as a player name, and everyone calls him that without noticing how increasingly ridiculous it sounds.
Darwin: Please MYBUTT, tell me what is going on.
Anais: A foul curse has been unleashed upon our town by MYBUTT.
Darwin: You mean the gates of doom were opened by MYBUTT?
Anais: The fabric of the universe was ripped apart by MYBUTT.
Darwin: MYBUTT has made quite a mess.
Gumball: Surely this is gonna get old at some point.
Darwin: Here's some healing ointment to help MYBUTT in the heat of battle.
Gumball: (giggles) Nope.