Mikey Kudo (Taiki Kudo)
A hotblooded seventh grader who's quite a good Samaritan. Mikey is one who never overlooks people in need and has a warm personality. He can charm both humans and Digimon alike. He usually accepts lots of requests and is usually a busy helper in his club activities.
- Accidental Athlete: Mikey has joined many clubs in general, and in each of them he seem able to pull them off like a pro.
- Mikey is stated to practice feverishly for whatever activity he's helping with beforehand so that he can pull it off, which is the primary reason he's exhausted to the point of passing out afterwards.
- The Atoner: Mikey's attitude (not to mention his catchphrase), stems from an incident in his childhood where he saw another boy in pain and asked what was wrong. When said boy shrugged him off, Mikey went on his way, only to find out later that the boy had been in much worse shape than he had pretended to be and had to be carted off to the hospital. Mikey was traumatized by this and developed his trademark philosophy of not turning his back on others in need as a result of this.
- The manga has him atoning for crippling another person for the sake of his own dream.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Shows this from time to time, being the strategist he is. Best example of this comes from episode 39, where he reveals that he had seen through Splashmon's deceptions since the very beginning, and just faked walking into his traps in order to lure him out of hiding and to reveal his plans.
- Badass Normal: He occasionally fights and defeats enemy Digimon personally, although not as often as Marcus did.
- Batman Gambit: He used this tactic in several episodes, including episodes 19, 39, and 44.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Well, not lazy but he would rather put his effort into athletics than actually using his smarts at the start of the series, but boy does that change.
- Catchphrase: "Hottokenai!", which, in English, translates to something like "I can't turn my back on (him/her/it/them)!"
- Chest Insignia: Wears the Xros Heart emblem over his heart in his second outfit.
- Child Prodigy: He's just not aware of it. Mikey instantly mastered basketball and beat a seasoned kendo fighter, but passes these instances off as flukes.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Big time. Angie even calls it "Mikey's bad habit" on day one! In episode 22, Wisemon dubs it the "Can't Turn My Back" principle.
- This actually works to his advantage in episode 39 when Christopher realizes that Mikey's heroic impulses would never allow him to wait behind when his friends are in danger, prompting him to realize that the Mikey he is talking to is Splashmon in disguise.
- It also is what allows them to finally beat Gravimon. Gravimon embedded his core in Christopher's body so that the only way he could die was for Mikey to die. He's about to blast Christopher, but Mikey jumps in between his beams and Christopher, forcing Gravimon to evacuate his core and allowing Shoutmon X7 to destroy it.
- Dub Name Change: Digimon Fusion names Taiki as Mikey.
- Everybody Has Standards: In episode 19, Mikey subtly sidesteps being roped into the whole Love Love Dance fiasco by taking the opportunity to go talk to Christopher, leaving Jeremy and Angie lampshading that this should be the point where his Chronic Hero Syndrome kicks in. The whole since is Played for Laughs though.
- Expy: Many have remarked he looks like the lovechild of Tai and Davis.
- Although it should be noted that he's way smarter than the two of them put together, (see The Strategist below).
- On top of that he appears to be one of the most prone to commit self-sacrifice characters since Shiro Emiya. Lucky for him, Digimon series tend to live on the more idealistic side of the sliding scale, so it'll probably come off as a good thing in the end.
- His Chronic Hero Syndrome personality is reminiscent of Ash Ketchum.
- Goggles Do Nothing: They're back. He has a tendency of flicking them with a finger when he gets an idea, but that's it. Though he does put them on for certain situations.
- Hotblooded: Downplayed. While he is sometimes impulsive, he has a sense of control, and he is not as hot-blooded as the previous protagonist. Although, very, very few people are as hot blooded as the previous protagonist.
- Ideal Hero: He lives to help anyone in need, and refuses to "turn his back on anyone", and strongly believes in the good of people and digimon.
- Love Freak: Friendship this, friendship that...it seems to work to his advantage, though.
- The Strategist: He's the one who thinks up the team's strategy.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Mikey and his mom◊. Their hairstyles are very similar, with Mikey's being more spiky.
- Supporting Leader: Mikey may be the General of Xros Heart, but it's Shoutmon who wants to be the Digimon King. In fact, at some points, the series seems more like Shoutmon's story than Mikey's.
Angie Hinomoto (Akari Hinomoto)
Mikey's childhood friend and one year younger than him. She worries about Mikey because he is always doing the unreasonable and is the reliable peacemaker of the group. Bonds with Cutemon, and by extension, is associated with Dorulumon.
- Back for the Finale: Along with Jeremy, returns in the last three episodes to save Mikey from despair.
- Crazy-Prepared: Mikey's going to fall asleep! What does she do? Dive head-first to Mikey holding a pillow that came out of nowhere.
- Dub Name Change: From Akari to Angie in Fusion.
- Expy: She looks a lot like Chika Daimon from the previous series.
- Gamer Chick: She mentions that she's always playing shooting games with her brother at home, getting very odd looks from Mikey and Jeremy.
- The odd looks are probably due to the fact that she's using these skills to blow the Bagra grunts to smithereens with their own ship.
- Genki Girl: She gets so excited by the sight of blimp passing by a radio tower, she gets distracted when making it her cell phone wall paper.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: She and Jeremy are unable to go back to the Digital World.
- Averted in the manga where not only do they stay, but even get a Xros Loader. She cannot preform Digixros but can do something almost as useful with it.
- Took a Level in Badass: Manga only: she becomes a General, gets a Xros Loader and partners with Dorulumon.
Jeremy Tsurgi (Zenjirou Tsurugi)
Mikey's classmate and kendo boy who proclaims to be Mikey's "eternal rival". Though argumentative, he is good natured and hates things that are immoral/unjust. He tries to take care of Mikey and the Digimon, and serves as Ballistamon's mechanic.
- Back for the Finale: Along with Angie, returns in the last three episodes to save Mikey from despair.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Has a thing for Nene from the first time he sees her, but ultimately gets nowhere in spite of his best efforts. The fact that he and Angie have been marooned back in the human world makes the possibility of any progress even more unlikely.
- Dub Name Change: From Zenjirou to Jeremy in Fusion.
- Expy: Of Izzy, Joe, Cody, and JP since he has a Beetle-themed Digimon, Practices Kendo, and has an Unrequited crush on one of the Female protagonists in the series.
- Full-Name Basis: He calls Mikey by his full name often.
- Meaningful Name: Along with doing kendo, he also fought a lot with swords in the show. What does his last name tsurugi mean? "Sword" or "blade."
- Medium Awareness: Tends to break the fourth wall at least once every three to four episodes.Zenjiro: (Talking about Blastmon, while being denied about making an impression) But I sound just like him...
- It is helped that according to the interview of his voice actor, he was told to make up stuff while recording.
- Mr. Fixit: Various things like repairing Ballistamon.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: He and Angie are unable to go back to the Digital World.
- Averted in the manga where not only do they stay, but they even become generals.
- Took a Level in Badass: Manga only: he gets a Xros Loader and partners with Ballistamon.
- Unknown Rival: Of Mikey.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Brutally afraid of heights.
Mikey's main partner Digimon, who has a soul of rock. He protects a village in the Green Zone from evil and is a leader admired by the villagers. This hot-blooded Digimon was charmed by Mikey. In addition to being the basis of a large number of Xrossed forms, he is one of the few Digimon capable of instant natural evolution.
His digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- Shoutmon X2, with Ballistamon. A squat robot whose design is firmly rooted in that of Ballistamon. Can be augmented into Shoutmon X2 Plus M with ChibiKamemon.Shoutmon X3, with Ballistamon and Dorulumon. A tall humanoid resembling a Humongous Mecha, whose form is pretty much the basis of the appearance of all of Shoutmon's higher Xrossed forms.Shoutmon X4, with Ballistamon, Dorulumon and the Starmons. Basically Shoutmon X3 with the addition of a sword made from the Starmons. Can be augmented into Shoutmon X4B with the addition of Beelzemon, Shoutmon X4K with Knightmon, and Shoutmon X4S with Spadamon.Shoutmon X5, with Ballistamon, Dorulumon, the Starmons and Sparrowmon. Basically Shoutmon X4 with the addition of a blaster gun and rocket pack. Can be augmented into Shoutmon X5B with the addition of Beelzemon.OmniShoutmon, his natural digivolution. A lithe warrior resembling a fully-grown Shoutmon plated in gold.Shoutmon DX, with ZekeGreymon. A bulky fighter which adds ZekeGreymon's armour, weapons and wings to OmniShoutmon.Shoutmon X6, with ZekeGreymon, Ballistamon, Dorulumon, and the Starmons. Exactly the same as Shoutmon X7 but without Sparrowmon added to it. (Manga only)Shoutmon X7, with ZekeGreymon, Ballistamon, Dorulumon, the Starmons and Sparrowmon. A bulky gold-tinted warrior wielding a giant version of Shoutmon's microphone, adding parts of ZekeGreymon to the basic shape of Shoutmon X5.Shoutmon EX6, with ZekeGreymon, AtlurBallistamon, JagerDorulumon and RaptorSparrowmon. A large, mechanical warrior wielding a drill cannon on his left arm and wields a blade attached to his right hand. Resembles Shoutmon X7, but is made up of the digivolved versions of the usual component Digimon. (Manga only)Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode, with quite literally every Digimon alive save Bagramon. An enormous, fully-gold version of Shoutmon X7 with wings, with rings of Digimon images orbiting him.Shonitamon, PawnShoutmon, JijiShoutmon and DonShoutmon, with Monitamon, PawnChessmon, Jijimon and Dondokomon respectively. These are Joke Characters created during Taiki's failed attempts to make Karatenmon laugh.
- All Your Powers Combined: Shoutmon X7 for the human Generals. X7 Superior Mode is this amped to Up to Eleven levels.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Shoutmon's DigiXros forms get increasingly large from X3 onward.
- Back from the Dead: An episode after seemingly being killed he comes back to life.
- To prove the point, he doesn't need to evolve to show how bad-ass he is. He's already strong.
- Badass Cape: Shoutmon X4K has one.
- Badass Creed: Whenever he makes a speech about how he will not forgive the enemy for hurting his friends, you'll be sure that he's going to kick some ass.
- Taken to Up to Eleven Levels with Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode, where he fused with Every single Digimon in the whole series besides Darkness Bagramon, and takes down Darkness Bagramon in one stab.
- Boisterous Bruiser: And strange enough, he's a kid!
- Carry a Big Stick: Shoutmon's microphone also acts as a mace.
- Catchphrase: "You want to know, don't you? Then I'll tell you!" Used when he introduces himself, and whenever he evolves.
- Gets majorly peeved when Knightmon takes over the cool part by introducing General Mikey in episode 10.
- Chest Blaster: Several of his attacks across his forms fire a beam from his chest.
- Chrome Champion: As OmniShoutmon.
- Dub Name Change: Most of his forms stay the same, but OmegaShoutmon became OmniShoutmon, following the pattern of Omegamon, who he gets his power from, being named Omnimon.
- Expy: He looks like a robotic version of Guilmon, along with a distinctive V-crest that reminds of Veemon.
- As well as towards old-school Tokusatsu in general.
- Shoutmon X4 also looks a lot like Omnimon, and all of his Xrossed forms from X3 onward have a head strongly reminiscent of Omnimon's.
- OmniShoutmon bears quite the resemblance to Magnamon.
- Shoutmon X7 looks like a certain King of Braves.
- Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode is a mixture of the above with Imperialdramon Paladin Mode coloring. His status as a godlike fusion of many Digimon also reminds of Susanoomon.
- Friend to All Children: Despite still being a kid himself, Shoutmon's best qualities are on display when he's around even younger Digimon - he tells ChibiKamemon that the most important things to be strong are "courage, guts, and friends" and he gives his own food to Lunamon and autographs a box of Diginoir for her. In return, the kids idolize him. In his final duel with Blastmon, he's motivated to keep fighting by his refusal to ignore the tears of children.
- Golden Super Mode: OmniShoutmon, which is carried over to Shoutmon DX, Shoutmon X7 and Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode.
- Gold and White Are Divine: Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode not only is golden and white, but also has the appeareance of an angel.
- Hammer Space: His microphone can be summoned out of anywhere, although according to the Digimon Dictionary, he can only have one in his lifetime and losing it would be life-threatening.
- The Hero: Among the Shoutmon X3 components.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Ballistamon.
- Hotblooded: Another rare Digimon example, you'd mistake him for Marcus's long lost partner! Appropriately enough, Marcus and OmniShoutmon briefly become Bash Brothers when they meet up in the sequel.
- Improbable Weapon User: His main weapon is a retro-style microphone. At least it can catch fire and project super sonic waves. And is a mace. It also serves as the hilt for his sword when in X4 or higher.
- Inexplicably Tailless: Omega Shoutmon, who also lacks a microphone.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: At first it appears he wants Mikey around solely for the purpose of helping him to become the Digimon King. However, it turns out his reasons for doing that are so he can protect his village from the fighting that's spreading across the world.
- Joke Character: Taiki creates several with Shoutmon as a component in an attempt to make Karatenmon laugh.
- Kibbles and Bits: As OmegaShoutmon, he has Shoutmon X7's helmet attached to its back. Could be seen as an aversion or a design choice though, as in the toys, you don't use OmegaShoutmon for forming X7.
- Musical Assassin: His singing (more like shouting) triggers his "Soul Crusher" attack. According to his profile, he's so passionate about music that any time he really gets into a song, he can accidentally set off the attack.
- Amplified by the Jet Sparrow Xros
- Pintsized Powerhouse: His attacks even when not Xrossed are quite powerful, capable of taking down huge foes.
- He also was able to save Greymon (who caught MailBirdramon from falling!) from dropping to a hole by holding the large dinosaur's tail.MailBirdramon: He carried...the both of us?!Greymon: What insane strength!
- He also was able to save Greymon (who caught MailBirdramon from falling!) from dropping to a hole by holding the large dinosaur's tail.
- Playing with Fire: A number of his attacks throughout his various forms are fire-elemental.
- Power Gives You Wings: Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode has glowing wings of light, making him look quite like an avenging angel.
- The Power of Rock: The theme of most of his attacks. To wit: Rowdy Rocker, Rock Tamashii (Soul), Chord Crusher, Beat Slash, Heavy Metal Vulcan and Trident Justfang (Jazz Funk).
- The Power of Trust: He thinks that a leader needs to believe in his subjects.
- Pre Asskicking Oneliner: In the final episode of Xros Wars, I AM THE FUTURE DIGIMON KING!
- Primary-Color Champion: Shoutmon in his X2, X3, X4 and X5 forms.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: For a Mon who looks vaguely demonic, Shoutmon can employ this technique very effectively. So far, he has done it to dissuade Mikey from leaving and to persuade Mikey to have Chibitortomon to join Xros Heart.
- Red Is Heroic: His color scheme is largely red across all his forms, fitting for The Hero's digimon partner.
- Screaming Warrior: As befit of his name, he doesn't have much of an indoor voice. Lampshaded in the first omake of the dub.Monitamon: [about Rock and Roller] What a silly attack! Imagine just shouting all the time! Who would want to do that?Shoutmon: That's why they call me SHOUTmon, you annoying hunk of junk!
- Shoulders of Doom: In his X7 mode he gains very large shoulder pads.
- Super Mode: X7 Superior Mode is this for Shoutmon X7.
Shoutmon's longtime partner in battle. He's an honest, warrior-like Digimon with a taciturn nature. He becomes a shield for his allies with his awesome power and armor. He combines with Shoutmon to become Shoutmon X2, and from there provides the basis of all of Shoutmon's Xrossed forms. He was a former pirate who drifted to the Village of Smiles, to which Shoutmon fought and then befriended by fixing him up.
His digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- DarkVolumon, his former identity/form before meeting Shoutmon. An all-blue war machine constructed by Olegmon, he resembles a reconfiguration of Ballistamon's components and uses dangerously powerful speakers in combat. (Anime only)BalliBastemon, with Bastemon. A really, really bizarre mashup of the two, throwing Bastemon's arms, head and clothing onto Ballistamon's body. (Anime only)Ballistamon Sextet Launcher, with Dorulumon. Ballistamon gains several cannons added to his body. (Manga only)Ballistamon Mush Cottage, with a pair of Mushmon. A habitable house with all everything a house would be expected to contain. (Manga only)AtlurBallistamon, his natural evolution. A larger, bulkier, more armored version of Ballistamon with extra arms. (Manga only)
- Beat Them at Their Own Game: He sets out to do it in the Gold Land.
- Becoming the Mask: When he attacked the Village of Smiles as DarkVolumon, Shoutmon beat him and reprogrammed him to become a good guy. When Olegmon re-reprograms him to go back to his original self, his memories of Shoutmon and the Village of Smiles make him willingly return to being Ballistamon.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Being created by Olegmon to be a weapon of destruction.
- Deadpan Snarker: Can act as this sometimes as a foil to Shoutmon.
- Expy: He's kinda like a red and blue version of Beetlemon, who in turn was based on the evolutionary family of Tentomon.
- Genius Loci: In the manga when Xrossed with Mushmon, he turns into a house. The Mushmon exist within the house and Ballistamon is able to talk to anyone inside the house via speakers.
- Gentle Giant: He's a nice guy even though he's the largest of the group.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Shoutmon.
- Hidden Depths: He may be silent and somewhat silly, but he is a true friend who will stick to you no matter what. Oddly, he also seems to have an appreciation for the arts.
- Japanese Beetle Brothers: Ballistamon himself is a robotic hercules beetle while DarkVolumon is a robot stag beetle.
- Lethal Joke Character: BalliBastemon turns out to be a more-than-competent fighter in the final battle against Bagramon.
- Loud of War: Designed as such by Olegmon.
- Matter Replicator: He builds the Wrister communicators (among other things) inside his body. (Where he stores the parts for them is anyone's guess.)
- The Reliable One: Probably his most prominent personality trait.
- Robot Buddy: To Jeremy and Shoutmon more than anyone else.
- Superpowered Evil Side: As DarkVolumon.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: This is honestly the only thing we can describe BalliBastemon as. Besides kind of disturbing.
A loner who ends up becoming part of Xros Heart. His battle ability is high, but he hates being commanded or bound by rules. He's a cool vagabond. He combines with Shoutmon and Ballistamon to form Shoutmon X3, and from there forms the basis of the rest of Shoutmon's Xrossed forms.
His digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- Dorulu Cannon, with Shoutmon. A two-barreled cannon.Dorulu Copter, with Starmon and the Pickmons, who attach to his tail to become a propeller. Taiki used this one to save himself and the others from a very long drop.JagerDorulumon, his natural evolution. A bipedal, armored version of Dorulumon wielding a drill-topped staff. (Manga only)
- Badass and Child Duo: With Cutemon.
- Beware My Stinger Tail: His tail has a drill on the end that grows when needed.
- Canis Major: How big is he? In the Sand Zone arc, he took up 90% of the space of a cart, forcing the quite big himself Ballistamon to hang on in back.
- The Comically Serious: Usually due to his Tsundere and "cool, tough guy" nature.
- Dynamic Entry: He likes to save his companions by performing a surprise tackle. He even does it on freakin' Tactimon!
- Evil-Detecting Dog: Played with in one episode where a seemingly human little girl turns up and Dorulumon has nothing against her personally and yet his "instincts" keep telling him something's wrong with her, and he's left in an awkward position for most of the episode because of this. Turns out his instincts were right...the girl was just a robot controlled by Splashmon.
- Expy: Shares a remarkable resemblance with Tiger. Furthermore, his name and looks are also derived from Garurumon.
- Fixed Forward-Facing Weapon: As the Dorulu Cannon.
- HeelFace Turn: He used to work for the Bagra army, but left them after they fired on his platoon in order to take out an enemy.
- The manga has him leaving over the exploitation of Child Soldiers.
- Helicritter: A digixross he is not too proud of.
- Papa Wolf: Towards Cutemon.
- Shaping Your Attacks: The projectiles he fires as the Dorulu Cannon are shaped like his head.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Dorurumon or Dorulumon?
- FTR, the Monitamon (and all other official materials) goes with Dorulumon.
- The confusion is brought up again in the new DigiXros sequence using the spelling "Dorurumon".
- The Straight Man: He has been known to sit out on Xros's Hearts sillier adventures.
- This Is a Drill: All of his attacks involve drills.
- Tsundere: Type A (Tsun-Tsun). Despite how often he says he doesn't want to be "tied down" by friendship and that he was blowing through because the wind took him there he helps out the Xros Heart a lot before becoming an official member. He even says such classic phrases as "Don't get the wrong idea (insert excuse)" and "I wasn't doing it for you".
- Wolverine Claws: SCHWARZ NAGEL! (Manga only)
A friend of Dorulumon, who hates the sight of tears.
His digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- ShouCutemon, with Shoutmon. A Joke Character that Taiki created in an attempt to make Karatenmon laugh. It's the only one where Shoutmon isn't the "central" Digimon.GreatestCutemon, with ChibiKamemon, Dondokomon, Bastemon and Knightmon & the PawnChessmons. A goofy-looking Mix-and-Match Critter with a drum for a stomach.
- Crossdressing Voices: Notably averted in the dub!
- Expy: He's similar in design to Terriermon and Lopmon.
- Hair Antennae: Those "ears" you see? They aren't Cutemon's rabbit ears. They are his antennae. According to the Digimon Dictionary, he uses it to sense incoming Digimon.
- Head Pet: To Akari, at least in the opening.
- Healing Hands: Cutemon has healing abilities.
- I Will Find You: His motivation in the first half is finding his parents. After that's resolved, he remains with Xros Heart in order to lend them his help, being the only healer they have.
- Killer Rabbit: Averted. Cutemon's attacks don't actually do any damage, and only serve to heal or energize his comrades.
- In the final episode, he does use an offensive attack (Supersonic Wave).
- Lethal Joke Character: GreatestCutemon, a fusion of Cutemon and several other digimon.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: If he absolutely must fight, he can use Supersonic Wave.
- The Medic: Holds this position in the team.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: He somehow managed to lift a rather large rock and throw it onto Shoutmon's head.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter
- Samus Is a Girl: Gender-inverted. Cutemon looks feminine but is actually male. In the episode where he finally loudly announces his gender to the rest of Xros Heart, Shoutmon's expression afterward clearly shows he's pretty shocked by this as well.
- Took a Level in Badass: The events of episode 29 have made many people think this.
- Taken further when he is Xrossed into GreatestCutemon
- Then there's his actions in the final episode, where he attacks Bagramon to try to save Taiki, despite hating combat and knowing full well he can't do anything.
- Verbal Tic: Kyu!
Starmon and the Pickmons
Shoutmon's "otoutobun" (Shoutmon treats him like a younger brother) who greatly admires Shoutmon, and fights by flying through the air. He is in command of a number of Pickmons, which are part of his Meteor Squall attack.
There are three varieties of Pickmon. The most common are the silver ones, who appear armored and wear shades similar to Starmon's. Then there's the yellow, more friendly looking Pickmon (who can spit out small clones called Chibickmon), and finally, the red Pickmon, who seems to be unique and has attached himself to Zenjirou.
Their digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- The Star Sword, consisting of Starmon and the metal Pickmons. A blade that's been used by both Shoutmon and Zenjiro at some points; they also contribute to Shoutmon X4 and X5 by forming a larger Star Sword for him. Each Pickmon combination creates a different variation on the Star Sword. Adding the red Pickmon creates the Rare Star Sword.The Star Axe, consisting of Starmon and the yellow Pickmons. An axe that is used by Shoutmon X2 on occasion. Primarily used in earlier episodes.The Star Wheel, consisting of Starmon and the Chibickmons. (Manga only)The Chibick Sword, consisting of the red Pickmon and multiple Chibickmons. (Manga only)
- An Axe to Grind: The yellow Pickmon Xros to form this.
- Asteroids Monster: The yellow Pickmons can spawn Chibickmon by spitting them out of their mouths.
- BFS: Starmon and the silver Pickmons turn to this for Shoutmon X4.
- Blush Sticker: The yellow Pickmon have 'em.
- Combination Attack: As a whole the have Meteor Squall and Wish Upon A Star.
- Cool Shades: Starmon and the silver Pickmons have them.
- Cool Sword: Formed from the standard combination using the silver-colored Pickmons.
- Equippable Ally: Mostly to Shoutmon and mostly in the form of the Star Sword, through they've become a sword for Zenjirou/Jeremy and have been Xrossed with Dorulumon as well.
- Expy: Averted. He's named after but looks nothing like the existing Starmon seen in earlier versions of the franchise. It does, however, resemble a simplified SuperStarmon, at least in the color and shades. Shooting Starmon also has a slight resemblance to Starmon X.
- Fast Ball Special: One of their Xrosses, a slingshot. Starmon's digivolved form also has a fastball attack with Shoutmon EX 6 in the manga.
- Flaming Sword: What the Star Blade tends to look like.
- Funny Background Event: Pay attention to the red Pickmon during group shots.
- Fun Size: Chibickmon is this to the yellow Pickmon.
- Gratuitous English: Starmon refers to Shoutmon as "brother" and once said "Unbelievable."
- Head Pet: The red Pickmon is this for Zenjirou.
- Laser Blade: Their combined form with the red Pickmon turns the Star Blade into this.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The Chibickmons.
- Rings of Death: The Star Ring, which is a fusion of Starmon and the Chibickmons.
- Running Gag: Whenever they form the Star Sword using the Red Pickmon, he shouts off something completely random.Red Pickmon: BANANA BOAT!
- Satellite Character: The Pickmons are this for Starmon. In both the literal and figurative sense.
- Spin Attack: Starmon's Rock 'n' Rolling
- Sun Glasses At Night: Starmon and the silver Pickmons.
- The Swarm: They swarm the Bagra Army in the Green Zone.
- Zerg Rush: Meteor Shower.
A wide-eyed young Digimon who looks up to Shoutmon. Xros Heart met him in the Island Zone area, and after helping them defeat the Bagra army and to secure the island's Code Crown, he ended up joining Xros Heart. Like Shoutmon, he wants to fight to protect the people important to him, and has bravery beyond his small size.
His digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- GolemJijiKamemon, with Golemon and Jijimon. Chibitortomon gains Golemon's arms and strength, and the mane and...propulsion ability...of Jijimon.
- Dub Name Change: Called "Chibitortomon" in the dub...despite the fact he looks nothing like Tortomon to begin with.
- Expy: He's a smaller, more child-like version of Kamemon from Digimon Savers.
- Hero Worship: To Shoutmon when they first meet.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: His Xros with Shoutmon X2 allows the latter to achieve this.
- Verbal Tic: Kame!
The elder of the Village of Smiles, who ends up traveling with Xros Heart when they begin searching for the Code Crown. He's useful for dispensing information, but sometimes, he doesn't know quite as much as he lets on.
- Eccentric Mentor: He's knowledgeable, but also forgets thinks and is just as prone to getting excited and comic relief as the others.
- Gasshole: Played up in relation to his old age, to the point where his DigiXros sequences have him coughing and spluttering.
- The Mentor: He's not exactly a perfect mentor, but he's still capable of giving Shoutmon a well deserved knock to the head.
- Mr. Exposition: Mostly early on, when he explains things about some of the Zones.
- Simple Staff: Except it has a gigantic cat's paw on it. Jijimon can balance on it and use it as a makeshift perch.
Basically, a living taiko drum. Dondokomon is one of the residents of the Village of Smiles who ends up traveling with Taiki and Xros Heart. He loves festivals, and never misses an opportunity to celebrate...even if it's in the middle of a battle.
- Animate Inanimate Object: One of numerous Digimon based on a real object.
- Drumroll Please: In episode 21 he appears out of nowhere, drumming after Taiki saves Nene.
- Image Song: Titled "Dondokomon de Moriagare!!"
- Life of the Party: Even if it's in his own mind.
- Out of Focus: He doesn't shown up as much as his being in the theme song would make you think he does.
- Theme Music Power-Up: No, seriously, this is basically what his attacks do.
Knightmon and the PawnChessmons
Knightmon is an armored Digimon who commands the armies of PawnChessmons in the Lake Zone under Bastemon. He was rescued near death by Taiki, and after the Lake Zone is secured he joins Xros Heart along with a squadron of PawnChessmons.
His digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- Knightmon Wise Sword Mode, with Wisemon. Knightmon gains Wisemon's scarf, and his sword is transformed into the Wise Sword, an enormous blade which flings energy beams.
- Barrier Warrior: Working in unison, they can produce a force field with their shields.
- BFS: Knightmon's main weapon. It gets even bigger as Knightmon Wise Sword Mode.
- Blade on a Stick: The PawnChessmons' main weapon.
- Equippable Ally: The PawnChessmons to Kiriha's Gaossmons during the final battle.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: The PawnChessmons have shields.
- Mecha Expansion Pack: Wisemon acts as one to form Knightmon Wise Sword Mode in the finale.
- Power Gives You Wings: Or at least, it gives his sword wings.
- Satellite Character: The PawnChessmons, much like the Pickmons before them.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: As Knightmon Wise Sword Mode.
- Sword Beam: His primary mode of offence as Knightmon Wise Sword Mode.
- Verbal Tic: "-chess" for the PawnChessmons.
- Wonder Twin Powers: The force field trick seems like something they can only do as a group.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Knightmon speaks this way in the dub, sometimes edging into Sophisticated as Hell. He tends to slip out of it when excited.
A cat Digimon who is the princess of Lake Zone. She seems somewhat incompetent, as she sleeps for most of the day. After Xros Heart frees Lake Zone, she joins them.
- Dub Name Change: She was known as Persiamon in Digimon World 3, but some other English materials keep the name Bastemon. The dub goes in another direction entirely, renaming her "Beastmon".
- Egyptian Mythology: Named for Bast or Bastet, the goddess of cats.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: She's the princess of the Lake Zone.
- Our Vampires Are Different: According to her official profile, she's a vampire. That may not come into play in this story, though.
- Slasher Smile: Upon seeing ChuuChuumon...then she eats him.
- Sleepyhead: Tends to doze off randomly.
A Digimon with a gun for a body, having a cowboy motif. He joins Xros Heart after testing the group's heart.
- Chest Blaster: Has a huge gun for a body, and he carries two smaller guns!
- Dub Name Change: He was called "Deputymon" in the dub of Digimon Adventure 02, and it's kept here.
- The Faceless: He only has glowing eyes like a Black Mage, although that black area seems to be his head, according to Digimon Adventure 02.
- The Gunslinger: He literally is a gun man!
- Leitmotif: He's the only character that has a specific tune (DigiMelodies not counting) that is played whenever he is called - a whistling Western-style tune.
- Palette Swap: The dubbers turned his guns blue in a poor attempt at censorship.
An aloof demon lord Digimon resembling a winged knight. He is the reincarnation of Reapmon, who sacrificed himself to save Shoutmon X4. He can DigiXros with Shoutmon X4 and X5 to become X4B and X5B, and has Xrosses with other Digimon as well.
His digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- Reapmon (Baalmon), his identity before being revived from the dead. See below.An unnamed Digimon, with Deputymon. Deputymon forms a second Arm Cannon for Beelzemon.An unnamed Digimon, with Starmon. Upgrades his Arm Cannon to fire expanding attacks.
- Arm Cannon: His Berenjena SDX. Surprisingly, when removed, it's revealed that he has a smaller gattling gun hidden underneath it.
- He gains a second when he DigiXrosses with Deputymon.
- The Atoner: Atoning for the crimes he committed as Reapmon.
- Back from the Dead: In the final episode.
- Beam Spam: DigiXrossing with Starmon allows him to pull this off.
- BFG: The aforementioned Berenjena SDX and DigiXros with Deputymon.
- Came Back Strong: He refers to his transformation as a reincarnation and is much stronger than he was before.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Even more so than the original Beelzemon. He has a noble, knight-like personality, yet...well, everything else about him right down to his name.
- Dual Wielding: Has the Berenjena SDX mounted on one arm, and the other holds the same double barreled pistol as his Digimon Tamers predecessor. The same is true for his DigiXros with Deputymon.
- Dub Name Change: Baalmon to Reapmon.
- Expy: Of the original Beelzemon, of course.
- Extra Eyes: Has three eyes.
- Gatling Good: A kind of emergency weapon no less that become integral to the Xros B forms. It's actually inside his Arm Cannon normally.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Black angelic-type ones like Beelzemon Blast Mode's wings
- I Owe You My Life: One of his primary motivations.
- Leitmotif: The chime that plays whenever he shows up
- Not So Stoic: As Mervamon puts it, he gets all hot-blooded in the heat of the battle, though he's quite reserved most other times
- Perpetual Molt: His calling card? A falling black feather. In episode 18, Deputymon traces him by finding feathers he'd left behind after a battle.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Averted this time.
- Reincarnation: He refers to his transformation as this. In the dub he says as much by calling Reapmon his previous incarnation.
- Revenge: His other primary motivation. He later gets a surprising look at how ugly revenge can be, but to be fair to him his motives were more understandable than his enemy's.
- Satan: Subverted. The name? Yes. But he had no evil qualities whatsoever — quite the opposite, he was loyal and selfless. Not to mention, his background story (being one of the Goddess' Warriors as Reapmon) made him a holy warrior.
- Ship Tease: With Mervamon.
- Shout-Out: Death the Cannon. Unfortunately, his design is not symmetrical when using it.
- Spread Shot: While DigiXrossed with Starmon, his Arm Cannon is upgraded to fire these. He can fire enough projectiles to one-shot and entire Zerg Rush.
- Taking You with Me: Against Lilithmon.
- Too Many Belts: Randomly has some wrapped around his legs
- Undying Loyalty: He's probably the most loyal to Taiki besides Shoutmon. In the episodes leading up to his death, he kept going on about how Taiki was the one who gave him the power to reincarnate and how he'd vowed to devote his life to him. Also, he rarely if ever questioned Taiki's decisions (unlike the others who pretty much thought he was crazy half the time).
- Wound That Will Not Heal
A Digimon researching the Digital World. He lives inside a book that acts as a laboratory and protection as he crosses the digital space. When Taiki ends up drifting between zones, Wisemon catches him to use a lab animal. He helps Taiki rescue his friends, then joins Xros Heart to continue his studies and provide analysis support for the army.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Helps a lot not through combat but through quick analysis of surroundings and Digimon.
- Equippable Ally: To both Mervamon as a scanner and Knightmon as an full power-up at different times.
- The Faceless: Pretty hilarious too when he eats a bunch of DigiNoir. However, we see him from a lot of angles in episode 48 that make it clear that the black space is his head, much like Deputymon before him, though it's sometimes played with like scenes of Matrix Raining Code running down them, also in episode 48.
- Forgets to Eat: He faints from hunger in his introduction. He explains that it's from getting too engrossed in his studies.
- For Science!: He intends to study Taiki even after joining Xros Heart, even calling him his "lab animal".
- Home Base: The book which he uses as a lab. He later resides in Taiki's Xros Loader after sacrificing it to save Taiki from Arkadimon.
- Mad Scientist: Calls Taiki my lab animal, and is one of his reasons why he joined Xros Heart (that, and The Power of Friendship).
- Mecha Expansion Pack: In every DigiXros involving him (Mervamon Wide Hi-Vision Sword and Knightmon Wise Sword Mode), he exclusively acts as this, augmenting the size and power of the primary Digimon's weapon.
- Mind over Matter: Though you can see him control stuff when he has those small orbital things appearing on his hands.
- The Power of Friendship: Taiki's catchphrase is so contagious.
- The Smart Guy: He provides analysis support for the team.
- Wings Do Nothing: He's got a pair of angel-like wings that he never uses.
A trio of under-trained, red Monitamons who lacked confidence in their skill. It was only until they sneaked the Monitafort with Zenjiro did they gain confidence, allowing Nene to DigiXros them into Hi-Vision Monitamon. They joined Xros Heart to help communicate with Nene who will be leaving to search for her brother.
Her digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- Hi-Vision Monitamon: An upgraded version of Monitamon with more powerful attacks.
- Palette Swap: To Nene's Monitamons.
- Punny Name: Hi-Vision Monitamon. Hi-Vision television is what the Japanese calls their HDTVs. Said DigiXros changes the typical CRT looks of the Monitamons into an HDTV with his own satellite.
Shoutmon's childhood friend who also lives in the Green Zone. She was initially one of the dancers who entertained Taiki as a way for Shoutmon to get onto his side. The second time Taiki came into the Digital World, she was the one who was able to hide Taiki and Shoutmon's identities due to them being hit targets by the Bagra Army.
- Ascended Extra: In two different ways:
- Anime: Gains a speaking role near the end of the first half and joins the team in the beginning of the second half.
- Manga: Joins Xros Heart right from the start and became one of those two girls with Sunflowmon.
- Cuteness Proximity: To Akari in the manga.
- Doppelgänger: Played for laughs near the end of the manga, when she was shocked as a nearby Togemon evolved to look like her during a climatic battle.
- Early-Bird Cameo: was seen in episode 2 and returned later in episode 30.
- Plant Person: She's like a fairy but made of plants. Her wings are leaves and her head of a close flower.
Midnight Army (Twilight Army)Joined the Xros Heart army in Episode 21 and about halfway through the manga.
Nene's new main partner. She is a warrior Digimon who resides in Honey Land. She protects the Digimon there from Zamielmon's army. She wants to free Honey Land from Zamielmon's control and stop Ignitemon, her brother, from helping him in his evil deeds. After the defeat of Zamielmon she decides to join Xros Heart and after their battle against Yuu and DarkKnightmon she promises Nene to become her strength and becomes her main partner.]
Her digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- JetMervamon, with Sparrowmon. Mervamon is equipped with Sparrowmon's guns and jetpack, and as such has the ability to fly.Mervamon Wide Hi-Vision Sword, with Wisemon and a Hi-VisionMonitamon. The sword Olympia Kai is upgraded with a powerful sensor array and a viewscreen from which Wisemon reports on what the sword detects.
- BFS: Her sword, Olympia Kai.
- Boobs of Steel: Exaggerated and Parodied, the positions they get animated into raises the question of whether they aren't actually made of steel. That said, she's basically an upgraded version of Minervamon, which is a mega/ultimate level digimon.
- Dark Is Not Evil / Our Demons Are Different: She's classified as a Virus & a Nightmare Soldier.
- Combat Stilettos: They are not too noticeable, being neither thin nor too long but they are there.
- Cool Big Sis: To her brother, Ignitemon, though she quickly starts showing traits of this to Nene.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Her first battle fighting alongside Xros Heart has her charging violently into a battle with Zamielmon's army.
- Living Weapon: The snake shaped shield on her arm, Medullia, shows traits of this by hissing like a real snake and mirroring Mervamon's expressions.
- Ms. Fanservice: Oh gods yes. Literally the first couple of minutes after her debut features a scene that shows off the exact size and shape of her chest in elaborate detail, and it only progresses from there. The dub naturally cuts down on the Gainaxing by editing her top into a sports bra.
- Mythology Gag: "Sexy Dynamite" is a phrase associated with an infamous removed scene of Izumi in a skimpy bikini back in Digimon Frontier. Unsurprisingly, just like the signature move of Izumi's human-spirit Fairymon, its use as an attack involves the Ass Kicks You trope.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Nene's not exactly a girly girl, but Mervamon nonetheless has shades of this with her.
- Torpedo Tits: Her Heartbreak Shot attack involves shooting lasers out of her breasts. The dub actually left this in.
- Tsundere: So tsuntsun that she slaps Beelzemon when they've just been discussing how injured and weakened he is!
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is green.
Nene's younger sister and the replacement of Yuu in the Xros Wars manga. She was in a coma and trapped inside of a crystal, forcing Nene to help DarkKnightmon so he would free her. Luckily, Taiki and the others managed to free her and she joined Xros Heart as a general.
- Human Resources: SkullKnightmon offered Nene to remove Kotone's Xros Code. He, however, had other plans.
- Ill Girl: Exploited by SkullKnightmon when he explained to Nene that the Xros Code inside her was the one that deteriorated her health.
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: SkullKnightmon really wanted to use her for her superior Xros Code, not Nene.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Much more energetic and less moody than Nene.
- Tomboy: To Nene's girly girl, much to Zenjiro's dismay.