Death GeneralsThey are the seven powerful Digimon who serve the Bagra Army in the reformed Digital World, each governing a "land". Each hold a Darkness Loader to allow themselves to DigiXros with another Digimon as opposed to simply absorbing them as done by typical Bagra Army commanders. They are supposedly gathering "Negative Energy" for an unknown purpose. Additionally, each Death General (also known as Dark General's) has an epithet, the first kanji of which corresponds to a day of the week.
One of the Seven Death Generals who serve DarkKnightmon. He is in charge of Dragon Land, and is the first of the seven generals to be battled by Xros Heart and Blue Flare. The Fire-Fury, representing Tuesday and the planet Mars.
His digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- Dorbickmon Darkness Mode, with Fanglongmon. His torso now protrudes from Fanglongmon's back. Fanglongmon is fully aware and can attack independently. This form can be augmented by DigiXrosing several FlareLizarmon to gain a fiery sword.An unnamed Digimon, with Dorbickmon's entire army. Dorbickmon is far more powerful and gains wings. In the dub, this form is named Dorbickmon Darkness Mode Two.
- Beast of Battle: His Darkness Mode has Huanglongmon in a similar setup to Zanbamon's horse. Huanglongmon still retains his intelligence and isn't particularly bothered by the situation.
- Dishing Out Dirt: He can freely manipulate the geography of Dragon Land.
- Flaming Sword: His Tyrant Collbrande attack. Bonus points because it is literally purple fire shaped into a sword. DigiXrosing several FlareLizarmon gives him one made of normal fire.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: How SiegGreymon finishes him off.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: He's a dragon-like digimon.
- Large and in Charge: He's very large, and he's a Death General.
- Power Gives You Wings: Through a DigiXros with his entire army, or at least all of them that were in the area. The dub refers to this as a second Darkness Mode.
- Red Baron: The Fire-Fury.
- The Social Darwinist: Under his rule, the strong prosper at the expense of the weak.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Dorbickmon is the spelling used by the website, but it isn't surprising that it has variations (Delphicmon, Dorupikkumon, etc.)
- Stealth Pun:
One of the Seven Death Generals who serve DarkKnightmon. He is in charge of Vampire Land, where his fog barrier hides the sun and allows his vampire army to operate constantly. He and his minions are seemingly immortal. The Moon-Light, representing Monday and the Moon.
His digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- NeoVamdemon Darkness Mode, with his Devimon army. He gains two pairs of Devimon Wings and his Gardiac Raid attack is upgraded. The dub refers to this form as NeoMyotismon Darkness Mode One.An unnamed Digimon, with MetalGreymon. A serpentine monstrosity with pieces of MetalGreymon attached. No known attacks. The dub refers to this form as NeoMyotismon Darkness Mode Two.
- The Assimilator: He can force a DigiXros with anybody, even his opponents, as MetalGreymon found out the hard way. This is what he did to the captured Lopmons, giving him immortality.
- Enemy Summoner: Nightmare Raid calls for his familiar spirits to suck the life out of his opponents.
- Evil Is Not Well-Lit: His face keeps alternating between completely visible and entirely concealed by shadows.
- Expy: NeoVamdemon is named after, and shares some attributes with Vamdemon from Digimon Adventure, including sleeping in a coffin, cruelty towards small adorable animals, and his use of a fog barrier to constantly remain active in his country.
- Geo Effects: It is Always Night in Vampire Land because NeoMyotismon's fog barrier hides the sun and allows his vampire army to operate constantly.
- Healing Factor: Gained it by absorbing the Lopmon, but lost it when they gave their power to Shoutmon and Greymon. His army also has it, though they can eventually be destroyed if they take enough continuous fire.
- Immortality Immorality: Absorbed every Lopmon in the land to get his Healing Factor.
- Lunacy: The Digimon dictionary states he needs moon light to fight at full strength, which is strange for a vampire but it seems vampire land's moon is always full for this purpose.
- One-Winged Angel: After forcibly DigiXrosing MetalGreymon, he becomes a more serpentine monstrosity. The dub refers to it as a second Darkness Mode whereas the original treats it as an unnamed DigiXros.
- Our Vampires Are Different: He's a lot thinner than most vampires and then there's his more serpentine Darkness Mode. He's also not shown to feed on blood like the original Vamdemon did.
- Pulling Themselves Together: Once when going One-Winged Angel after getting hit by a Worf Barrage from MetalGreymon and a second time after losing the Lopmons' power, though he has to revert to his previous form to do so.
- Red Baron: The Moon-Light.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Unusual in that his glowing red eyes are sometimes all you can see of his face as it keeps alternating between shadowed and fully visible.
- Sliding Scale of Undead Regeneration: He's a vampire, as is his army; he can heal from near anything given enough time.
- The Swarm: His familiars, which drain anything he sends them after.
One of the Seven Death Generals who serve DarkKnightmon. He is in charge of Honey Land, where he terrorizes the populace in order to harvest their life and vitality to create "Digi Honey" inside of his massive beehive, which he then uses as a source of Negative Energy for Bagramon. The Wood-Spirit, representing Thursday and the planet Jupiter.
- Achilles' Heel: Team Xros Heart reasoned that cutting off the source that made him small was the key to defeating him. They were wrong. His actual Achilles' Heel is that he has to stop moving in order to attack.
- Baleful Polymorph: Averted. Drinking the Digi Honey and becoming small was intentional. He's just fine without it, though.
- Chest Blaster: He can fire a larger arrow from his chest.
- Cold Sniper: Subverted. He's sadistic and cruel, and takes a great amount of joy in taunting his foes.
- Hunting the Most Dangerous Game: Tries to pull this on Xros Heart.
- Manipulative Bastard: He really enjoys experiencing his opponents' fear and despair, and gleefully made Ignitemon and Mervamon fight one another.
- Mini Mook: What he appears to be, but he's actually pretty damn powerful; he just takes advantage of being nearly impossible to hit at this size. And that's before he's revealed to actually be a Lightning Bruiser.
- Our Demons Are Different: He is based on the demon huntsman Zamiel from Count Karlstein who in turn is based on Samael from Judaism.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Doubles with Rapunzel Hair, both forward and backward.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: He's powerful even when small.
- Red Baron: The Wood-Spirit.
- Sizeshifter: He can alter his size using the honey his underlings extract.
- Spider Limbs: His tail ends in a hand. He uses it load the Indra Arrow (The big red one.) into his chest.
- Super Speed: Has it regardless of his size.
One of the Seven Death Generals who serve DarkKnightmon. He is in charge of Cyber Land. He prefers not to engage his enemies directly, rather manipulating them and causing inside turmoil while being far away or hidden. The Water-Tiger, representative of Wednesday and the planet Mercury.
His digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- Splashmon Darkness Mode, with his Drippin/Splashers. Splashmon leaves his suit as a mass of water and takes the shape of a massive beast that looks vaguely like a tiger.
- Attack Drone: He can create medium-sized droplets called Dripping that can infiltrate the inside of something.
- Divide and Conquer: His preferred tactic.
- Elemental Shapeshifter: He is actually made of water.
- Empty Shell: Green and Azure Drippin allow him to have an army of these. Black drippin can do this too as well as fight on their own.
- Excessive Evil Eye Shadow: He has purple markings under his eyes that are retained regardless of who he tries to disguise himself as.
- Hand Blast: While in Prison Land, he fires beams from his fingers.
- A House Divided: His forte appears to be turning his enemies against one another. Too bad Taiki is wise about these sort of things.
- Red Drippin are especially made to break trust.
- Informed Flaw: Extreme vanity, and hates to reveal his true form.
- It's All About Me: He puts trust in no one, the cherry drippin force this attitude on other people.
- Making a Splash: His powers are all this, being that he's made of water. Yellow and Violet Drippin are the basis of some of these attacks.
- Matter Replicator: The Drippin he releases can replicate objects.
- Morphic Resonance: His Facial Markings, which are retained in all of his forms except for the Water-Tiger.
- Nigh-Invulnerable: Attacks pass through him. However, heat makes him evaporate.
- One-Winged Angel: His moniker of "Water-Tiger" turns out to be Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Red Baron: The Water-Tiger.
- Smug Snake: Due to his vanity and how he's not at all as clever as he seems to think he is.
- Super Mode: Enters Darkness Mode by reabsorbing all of the drippin he created. There is also his true form.
- Supernatural Suffocation: He can concentrate moisture out of the air to form a sphere of water around an opponent's head.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: He transforms into Dorulumon and Taiki at different points.
- Zipperiffic: They hold in his true form.
One of the Seven Death Generals who serve DarkKnightmon. Even before as a Death General, he is a pirate Digimon aided by Mermaidmon. He is able to brainwash other Digimon by attacking them and then disrupting their thinking via sound waves. He has a history with Ballistamon. The Gold-Thief, representative of Friday and the planet Venus.
- Affably Evil: Sure, he's a Death General, but unlike the others, he has genuine concern for his crew and he treats them well. He doesn't forcefully DigiXros them into himself. Towards his end, he commends Ballistamon and Shoutmon for being true friends.
- An Axe to Grind: Three words: DUAL TOMAHAWK BOOMERANG!
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Olegmon does this to the Digimon he fights with.
- Chrome Champion: He's largely gold-colored, though not as much in his Xros Wars appearance as he is in official art.
- Cool Ship: His pirate ship. Upon dying, he gives it to Xros Heart.
- Familiars: Talkative Surt and silent Jormungard, two spirits that rest in his shoulder pads. This is keeping in theme with his Nordic origins (being vikings and all), as Surt is the name of the fire giant (that's why he's a red spirit) and Jormungard is a serpent (that's why he's a blue serpent).
- Friendly Enemy: He basically weaponizes this one.
- Go Out with a Smile: He is quite graceful in his defeat and even commends the Fusion Fighters on their friendship as he slowly disintegrates.
- HeelFace Turn: While technically he already did this after dying in episode 41, he admits doing this in episode 51.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Right after Apollomon sends him, Taiki, Dorulumon, and Ballistamon back to the Demon's Nest, he helps out in defeating the remaining GrandGeneramon. He dies in the process, but not without causing much damage to the enemy.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: In the end, he's taken out by Ballistamon, his own creation. To emphasize it even further, Ballistamon blasts Olegmon's own voice back at him.
- Horny Vikings: He is based on Helgi of Novgorod, who is also known as Oleg.
- Jackass Genie: Surtr's main ability is this, to the point of using Insane Troll Logic to completely invert Kiriha's statements.
- Mass Hypnosis: Repeatedly chanting the phrase will cause the Digimon around to lose control.
- Mind-Control Eyes: The Digimon he has hypnotized have spirally eyes. Yes, even Cyberdramon exhibits that.
- Not Quite Flight: He is too heavy for the real thing he thinks.
- The Power of Friendship: A rare villain-type - he believes that friends are treasure which serves as backbone to strong armies. That's why he uses brainwashing to gain "friends" while at the same time having a loyal crew.
- Red Baron: The Gold-Thief
- Redemption Equals Life: Because he turned on the Death Generals and joined Taiki, he was restored by the Code Crown, along with all the other good Digimon.
- Rapunzel Hair: Not as long as Zamielmon's though.
- Shoulders of Doom: His shoulders have huge treasure chests acting both as shoulder pads and compartments!
- Shout-Out: A pirate that believes in the The Power of Friendship and accepts his death while laughing? Did the writers take some cues from One Piece with his creation?
- Talk Like a Pirate: In the dub.
- Token Good Teammate: Closer to this than Apollomon. Olegmon is a Noble Demon who treats his underlings relatively well, though he did join the Bagra Army for the plunder.
One of the Seven Death Generals who serve DarkKnightmon. The Earth-God, representative of Saturday and the planet Saturn.
His digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- Gravimon Darkness Mode, with many Centarumon, Thunderbirdmon, Cerberumon, Sagittarimon, Crossmon and Hippogrffomon. Gravimon's limbs are now made of pieces of the Digimon that he has absorbed.
- Combat Tentacles: Octa Gravity.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: At first, it looks like he's in the receiving end of one. Then he turns the tables and, in the process, effortlessly curbstomps ZekeGreymon.
- Fusion Dance: More visible than most Darkness Modes as his limbs are replace with easily-identifiable pieces of his Mooks.
- Gravity Master: As one might expect.
- Healing Factor: Like Cell, he regenerates from any damage as long his core is intact. As soon as it is destroyed though, he dies.
- Lean and Mean: Is very, very tall and thin.
- More Than Mind Control: Does this on Kiriha, playing with his feelings and current, already hurt mental condition.
- Orcus on His Throne: At first he doesn't fight at all, just sits on his throne and lets his large armed forces do the battle. Subverted in the end when he does fight and Blue Flare and Xros Heart find themselves in deep trouble.
- Power Floats: His feet don't touch the ground; instead, he levitates a foot above it. Strangely, he still walks (or at least makes walking motions with his legs) instead of just floating from one place to another.
- Pragmatic Adaptation: His fluff states that his army is made of up of "God Beast" Digimon, but as no monsters with that label seemed to exist at the time the show gave him a lot of mythical animal types rather than inventing a whole lot of new Digimon on the spot.
- Rapunzel Hair: Even moreso than Zamielmon. His hair is epically long and is constantly in a flowing motion.
- Red Baron: The Earth-God
- Rubber Man: Can stretch his arms
- Sphere of Destruction: The Gravity Bomb he uses to kill Deckerdramon.
- Super Mode: Darkness Mode
- Too Many Belts: His design incorporates a lot of belts, most around his legs.
One of the Seven Death Generals who serve DarkKnightmon. He rules over Bright Land, being treated as a god. Actually, Apollomon's a good guy, but the Bagra Army inserted within him Whispered, a highly malevolent virus program which periodically completely overtakes his body, and that version of Apollomon is the actual Death General. The Sun-Wheel, representative of Sunday and the Sun.
His digivolved and Xrossed forms are as follows:
- Apollomon Darkness Mode, with DeadlyAxemon. Apollomon Whispered wields a giant axe made from DeadlyAxemon's body.
Tropes that apply to both Apollomon and Whispered:
- Jekyll & Hyde: Whispered is Hyde to Apollomon's Jekyll.
- Literal Split Personality: When Taiki gets through to him in Prison Land, he splits off from Whispered to fight the other Generals. He's able to deal with Whispered, but not the others.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: Both of them try to be this in different ways. Apollomon tries to be this to the Death Generals, but Whispered thwarts him at every turn. Whispered is planning to betray DarkKnightmon and Bagramon for his own ends, but is ultimately killed by Taiki before he can set anything in motion.
Tropes that apply to Apollomon:
- Anti-Villain: He's only evil because because of the Whispered program inserted in him brainwashing him, and hates forcing his own people to suffer at his hand, for everyone he causes to suffer, he puts wounds on his arm to keep himself from being at full power.
- Badass Boast: "I am Apollomon the Sun Wheel! The blazing Sun that can even scorch to death its sunspots!" He ultimately makes good on it with Whispered.
- Heroic Sacrifice: A variation. The good Apollomon basically sacrificed himself along with Whispered when he prevented Whispered from smashing everyone with his death ball.
- And again, he sacrificed himself in Prison Land to allow Olegmon and the heroes to escape before the other Death Generals killed him.
- Light Is Not Good: Apollomon is a Vaccine Digimon and he serves DarkKnightmon. He's also based on the Roman god of light. It's ultimately Subverted as Apollomon is not a bad guy. His other personality is.
- Panthera Awesome: He looks like a humanoid lion. Considering this is Digimon, that promises a good future for him.
- Power of the Sun: Apollomon's abilities use this by default.
- Red Baron: The Sun-Wheel
- Redemption Equals Death: Oh, yes. Sadly, the Digimon he ruled over will likely only remember him as a tyrant. He does it twice! Even if he wasn't actually evil.
- Running Gag: Well now, guess who took over the series's Running Gag? Especially since he dies TWICE.
- Sacrificial Lion: What did you expect?
- Taking You with Me: Apollomon is able to stop Whispered's final attack long enough for Shoutmon X7 to obliterate them both.
- Token Good Teammate: Subverted. Apollomon thinks he's this, but Whispered has been thwarting him by hijacking his body and reporting to DarkKnightmon the entire time.
Tropes that apply to Whispered:
- An Axe to Grind: Gains one when he goes Darkness Mode. And it's really big too.
- Casting a Shadow: Whispered's powers are equal and opposite to Apollomon's.
- Demonic Possession: Whispered can hijack Apollomon's body at will.
- Energy Ball: Lamenting Sun, which he attempts to destroy Bright Land with.
- Kick the Dog: Whispered likes doing this, particularly to Appolomon. Toward the end of the Bright Land arc, he tries to have the local Digimon slaughtered while forcing Appolomon to watch. Apollomon had allowed them to be harvested of negative emotions by agonizing means to keep Bagramon from murdering them outright and feels horrible about it. When that doesn't work, Whispered tries to blow up all of Bright Land.
- The Starscream: Whispered attempted to do this in episode 48. He planned to use the Xros form of Lilith and Blastmon to kill both Bagra leaders as well as Xros Heart, and even left SkullKnightmon in the process.
- Voice of the Legion: Whispered's voice is Apollomon's voice with some added audio effects in the original.
- You Don't Look Like You: Apollomon Whispered is much more colorful than his stock art (above) suggests and his color scheme does not include that shade of blue.
This monstrous Digimon is a DigiXros of the Death Generals without their soul. It follows the orders of DarkKnightmon without fail, and is very powerful, that not even Shoutmon X7 could defeat it. It took Olegmon and Apollomon snapping out in Prison Land to weaken it enough.
- Belly Mouth: Splashmon's quadrupedal Water Tiger form forms everything below the waist, giving it one of these at groin-height similar to VenomMyotismon, though given GrandGeneramon's centauroid form, it actually is part of the belly.
- Breath Weapon: It can fire water-based ones from the Belly Mouth contributed by Splashmon.
- Clipped-Wing Angel: After Olegmon and Apollomon turn against the other five Death Generals within Prison Land, GrandGeneramon has to be re-formed without the corresponding parts of itself.
- Combat Tentacles: Gravimon's. Though it only uses them at close range, they're strong enough to break up Shoutmon X7.
- Empty Shell: It doesn't have any of the Death General's souls, just their bodies.
- Extendable Arms: One of its arms is from NeoMyotismon and can extend for several hundred feet.
- Mix-and-Match Critter: Of the Death Generals.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Initially, it has four arms from Olegmon, Apollomon, Gravimon, and NeoMyotismon. It also has an arm from Zamielmon as a tail. It still proves to be plenty dangerous even without Apollomon and Olegmon's arms.
- Our Centaurs Are Different: It is quite possibly the most bizarre centaur in the franchise and that's saying something. Its lower body is made from Splashmon's quadrupedal Water Tiger form with the upper half, a mashup of the other Death Generals, sprouting from where the top of its head would be. One of Zamielmon's arms forms its tail.
- Synchronization: With the Death Generals' souls in Prison Land. They all feel the life being sucked out of them during GrandGeneramon's Beam-O-War with Shoutmon X7 does and when it's destroyed, so are they. Even Kiriha feels some measure of pity for them.
- Vertebrate with Extra Limbs: Initially, it has arms from four of the Death Generals, then DarkKnightmon has to recreate it without Olegmon and Apollomon.