On the last episode of TV Tropes Z....
Describe Kyle Hebert he-
He is the champion of Justice, The defender of what is right!! THE GREAT SAIYAMAN!!!
Now take this! SHINKU... HADOUKEN!!!
Kyle Henry Hebert note (born June 14, 1969) is a voice actor who originally did work for Funimation, which is in Texas. His most notable roles are Teen Gohan and the 2nd Narrator in Dragon Ball Z. Soon afterward he started working in California dubs. He's recognizable by his gruff and suave tone present in many of the characters he voices.
As stated above, he is the dub voice of Kamina in Gurren Lagann. Naturally, due to Kamina's Memetic Badass status, this just made him much more popular. He's present at many anime conventions and does a lot of Q&A sessions with his former FUNimation compatriots.
He's also an Internet star thanks to not only his role as Magnificent Bastard Sosuke Aizen, but also due to his role as Wario in fellow voice actor Matthew Mercer's web series There Will Be Brawl. He also hosts his own podcast (yes, named after Hebert's Bald of Awesome), along with Indie-Rock musician Otherworld Steve. The podcast is not only supported by another podcast (hosted by Canadian voice actor Trevor Devall), but also supports yet another podcast, hosted by MasakoX and other The Abridged Series creators.
He is married to Christina Louise, an author whom goes by the pen name Ryter Rong.
Notable roles by Kyle Hebert:
- Atomic Samurai in One-Punch Man
- Belphemon Rage Mode in Digimon Data Squad
- Ballistamon and Dorulumon in Digimon Fusion
- Berserker (The Black Knight/Sir Lancelot) in Fate/Zero
- Doug Horvat in Juushinki Pandora
- Escanor, Dale, Dana, and Weinheidt from The Seven Deadly Sins
- Eusine in Pokémon Generations
- Fat Gum in My Hero Academia
- Godfrey in Sword Art Online
- Adult Gohan and the 2nd Narrator in Dragon Ball Z
- Gosche in Freedom Project
- Higuma, Nefertari Cobra and Capone "Gang" Bege in One Piece
- Horada in Durarara!!
- Jirou Tomitake and Kiichirou Kimiyoshi in Higurashi: When They Cry
- Kamina in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Karasu in Yu Yu Hakusho
- Kazukiyo Soga in Ouran High School Host Club
- Kazuya Mishima in Tekken: Blood Vengeance
- Kiba Inuzuka in Naruto
- Kibito in Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
- Luca in Tweeny Witches
- Masamune Nakatsukasa in Soul Eater
- Mitabi Jarnach in Attack on Titan
- Mr. Legend, Eric Lyle, and Pauly in Tiger & Bunny
- Natsume Asahina in Brothers Conflict
- Noriaki Kakyoin in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Rackam in Granblue Fantasy
- Ryuji "Bon" Suguro in Blue Exorcist
- Professor Samuel Oak in Pokémon Origins
- Sosuke Aizen and Ganju Shiba in Bleach
- Tomohisa Kaname in Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Vato Falman in Fullmetal Alchemist
- Yonem Kirks in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
- The announcer and all the male characters in the XBLA and PSN versions of the X-Men arcade game
- Baal and Dagon in Devil May Cry 4
- Bartre in Fire Emblem Heroes
- Big the Cat in Sonic the Hedgehog (2010-current)
- CFW Judge in Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
- Dribble, Dr. Crygor, and Joe in WarioWare Gold
- Ezreal, Jarvan IV and Malcolm Graves in League of Legends
- Frederick and Validar in Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Heroes (former only)
- Father Gerard in Rune Factory Oceans
- Ichiryusai Madarame in Persona 5
- Hans Grosse in Wolfenstein (2009)
- Jophiel and Dias Flac in Star Ocean: Second Evolution
- Crow F. Almedio and Arumat P. Thanatos in Star Ocean: The Last Hope
- Kazuichi Soda in Super Danganronpa 2
- Kaito Momota in New Danganronpa V3
- Kevin Dragonfly and Jack Wallside in the US release of the Inazuma Eleven
- Kurt Nardin in The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
- Lindow Amamiya in God Eater
- Mihaly A. Shilage in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- Miles Edgeworth in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies
- Mitsuo Kubo in Persona 4
- Muneshige Tachibana in Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
- Naoya in Devil Survivor Overclocked
- Omega-Xis in Mega Man Star Force
- Ominas Crowe in Bravely Default
- Pirohiko in Zettai Hero Project
- Richter Abend in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
- Rig in Dead or Alive 6
- Ryu in Street Fighter IV, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U, Street Fighter V, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Wreck-It Ralph, Ralph Breaks the Internet, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Evil Ryu in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
- Kage in Street Fighter V
- Sima Yi and Ding Feng in Dynasty Warriors 7
- Soul Skyheart in Mugen Souls
- Risukuma and Popoi in Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Valbar in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- The Narrator in the pre-Team Four Star versions of Dead Zone and World's Strongest and Santa in Christmas Tree of Might in Dragon Ball Z Abridged
- Trash Head, Gooey Chewie, Vac Attack, Wet Wipes, Buckethead, Slimy Sardines, Overlord, and Franko in The Grossery Gang webseries
- Wario in There Will Be Brawl
- Webmaster in Kirbopher's flash animated web series TOME
- S.I.R. Dude, announcer for Kevin Smith's Smodcast Internet Radio (S.I.R.) Podcast Network.
Tropes associated with Kyle Hebert:
- Badass Baritone: A lot of his roles usually fall into this range.
- Bald of Awesome: Lampshadeed in his appropriately named podcast, "Big Bald Broadcast".
- Its Pronounced Tro Pay: His last name is French and pronounced "Ay-bear".
- Kamehamehadoken: Noted on the Hilarious in Hindsight page, he's the only one so far who have voiced two characters who use this move (Adult Gohan for the Kamehameha and Ryu for the Hadoken).
- Large Ham: Kamina being the best example.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: His range can cover manly men, conniving villains, wimpy teens, and everything in between.
- Playing Against Type: The calm and collected Aizen isn't one of his usual roles. Same goes for Edgeworth and Frederick.
- Promoted Fanboy: He acted in There Will Be Brawl as Wario. A few years later, he got to do voice acting for Super Smash Bros. when Ryu was added to the roster.
- Star-Making Role: Two of them: the older Gohan in Dragon Ball Z, and the Largest Ham Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Can you hear me, troper with the Three Strikes?