This is the page for Campione characters.
The Protagonist. Formerly an Ordinary High-School Student (besides a stint at a junior high baseball team that ended with a Game-Breaking Injury), he became caught up in the world of magic and gods when he unintentionally became the seventh and latest Campione, as well as the youngest at age sixteen. He now struggles to maintain his ordinary life while being surrounded by scheming magicians, belligerent gods, and the various girls vying for his attention.
- The Ace: He'd never admit it but he was one of the best baseball players before the start of the series and in fact had been chosen to represent Japan before his injury.
- Badass Unintentional: How he became the seventh (and youngest) Campione in the first place. He was just trying to stop a fight!
- Bathtub Bonding: Invoked. During one of his fight landed him injuried, the girls (mainly Erica and Ena) get him to a hot spring to heal him...which lead them to strip Godou while he was out cold.
- Beneath the Mask: While Godou comes across as a moral, calm and nice man who act decent towards his love interests and dislike fighting. But deep down, it was revealed he is sort of a sadist. After Lancelot cursed him or whenever he is under Youth Form, he losses his common sense and moral compass. Under these conditions, Godou shows great joy in battling gods and strong enemies. It was revealed that he also enjoys his harem to the point of messing with them and kissing them passionately whether they are in front of others or not. Even Erica find it overwhelming, but he could not hold back his bolder charm.
- The Bet: He made a bet with Liliana that Hikari, Yuri's younger sister, will not fall in love with him. As expected, he lost.
- The Casanova: He becomes this in Youth Form. The normally dominant Erica notes she can't really deal with him in this state.
- Celibate Hero: Unique case. He is very happy to receive Erica's affection such as when she ask him to travel with her during the summer but there was a catch. He definitely could not agree with her wishes as promptly as this. If he did, it would end up being a progression of travelweddingpregnancychild-rearing, and by the latter half of his twenties, the majority of his (natural human life span) life would be semi-automatically decided just like thatsomething as scary as that could happen. Thus, Godou felt that he must never ever lower his guard and resist with all his might when he is around her.Godou: Even if it was just a verbal marriage proposal, from that moment onwards, my life would have been deemed a called gamenote ! Even a playoff would be impossible.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Just to drive the point home, he attracts the attention of two Campiones (as a Cool Big Sis for Luo Hao and John Pluto Smith aka Annie Charlton who berates herself that she got attracted to a kid ten years younger than her.) Later Madam Aisha, the last Campione to be introduced, joins the list.
- Combat Pragmatist: Although he claims not to enjoy fighting, when he does fight, he does so to win. While he doesn't fight outright dirty, he's not above doing such tricks as fooling his enemies into charging up their most powerful attack, then subduing them before they can use it.
- Combined Energy Attack: Verethragna's ninth incarnation, the Goat, grants Godou the ability to manipulate lightning. Its power is fueled by his allies' will, but also their Life Energy, willing or otherwise, something he learned to his great distress after being told that his use of this ability for the first time caused everyone within a kilometer of Tokyo Tower to fall unconscious.
- Combo Platter Powers: Verethragna sure is generous where Godou's skill set is concerned.
- Shock and Awe: The Goat grants lightning powers.
- Anti-Magic/Cool Sword/Storm of Blades/I Know Your True Name: The Golden Sword of the Warrior can cut through a god's authority if the user knows enough about the god in question.
- Resurrective Immortality: The Ram revives him once a day.
- Super Strength: The Ox makes smashing stone easy.
- Summon Magic/Foe-Tossing Charge: The Boar is just that; an enormous spirit boar that Godou throws at a target.
- Super Reflexes/Super Speed: The Raptor makes him superhumanly fast.
- The Power of the Sun/Kill It with Fire: The Stallion is a flaming stallion.
- Super Empowering/Magic Kiss: The Youth grants a human the power of a divine beast.
- Teleporters and Transporters/Just Whistle: The Wind transports him to the location of someone who says his name.
- Extremity Extremist/Determinator: The Camel grants greater leg strength.
- Adaptive Ability/Power Copying: Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi. Through it he has gained:
- Elemental Shapeshifter: Wind.
- Blow You Away: Copied from Luo Hao. Then, he properly gains the power after killing Hanuman and taking his authority.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Can summon them.
- Cool Sword: Sword of the Beginning and the End. He can use this to create a sort of black hole which he used to annihilate an entire island.
- Required Secondary Powers: Defeating Circe didn't grant him a full Authority because of her weakened state but what it did grant him was the aspect of a witch that allows him to manifest the Sword of Beginning and the End without having to rely on Yuri or Lilliana's assistance.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Some of his powers can hurt or cripple him after use. Specifically, the Raptor leaves him with intense heart strain, the Goat sucks up the life force of others, and the Ram kills him before bringing him back.
- Deadpan Snarker: This is how he interacts with Erica because her clinging and manipulation irritate him.
- Destructive Savior: If there's anything of historical significance or alternatively, a planet's satellite in the vicinity of one of his battles, chances are that it will end up as collateral damage. Often causes him some distress upon realizing just how much destruction he's accidentally brought about.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: One of the reasons why he didn't play Baseball after his Game-Breaking Injury healed is that he didn't want to accidentally use his super power during the game. Also played straight in vol 8 during time when he tried to cast a spell to break matchsticks, except he broke a tree instead of the target matchsticks.
- Easily Forgiven: After being freed from Lancelot's curse and realized he passionately kissed his girls against their will, Godou felt guilty and begged for their forgiveness. The girls knew he wasn't himself at the time and forgave him.
- Empowered Badass Normal: He went from a dude with a stone tablet to winning the Superpower Lottery.
- Exotic Extended Marriage: Invoked. Despite Godou's desire for a simpler life, he ends up being a boyfriend to four different woman, all of whom are aware of this. However, despite all of them loving Godou, they know they all can't be married to him and picked a different roles for themselves. Erica believed herself to be the first and legal wife, Yuri and Liliana are believed to be the concubines, and Ena is fine whether being a wife or a mistress. Godou, however, does not want that or rank them, saying that he cares and loves them all equally.
- According to the potion dream in Volume 8 Omake, in the near future Godou will still have a strong relationship with the girls and become more inmate with them (whether married or not has not yet been revealed.)
- Fatal Flaw: Refusing knowledge about his enemy, which is the condition for use of the Golden Sword, because it involves oral contact. Given the Japanese view on intimacy, this could be understandable, but when he's fighting individuals who are out for his blood, and that he can only resurrect once a day, it borders into Idiot Ball territory at times.
- A Girl in Every Port: In addition to his typical harem, Lucrecia considers herself to be Godou's "Local Wife".
- Harem-Powered: Godou's most powerful ability, which is essentially an Instant-Win Condition, can only be activated once he sufficiently understands a god, as well as their powers and origins. The Girl of the Week is usually the only person who has that knowledge, which would take years of explanation to cover verbally. It's possible to impart the knowledge all at once via magic, but a Campione's skin is Anti-Magic. Thus, the only way said girl can give the hero the power he needs to save the day is to insert the magic inside his body, which typically means through kiss or you-know-what.
- Also when he first gets "The Sword of the Beginning and the End" he needs Liliana or Yuri to help him activate it since one of the required things to use it is a magic user with "the aspect of a witch." This aspect is later removed since Godou qualifies on his own after defeating Circe
- Has a Type: Under Lancelot's curse Godou revealed his favorite type of woman is arrogant, strong, tsun-tsun, foolish women i.e. he loves his women to be difficult and fight back before subjugating them to his desires.
- The Heart: Godou is the only guy in his harem and despite being a king he doesn't act like an authority figure. However, the other four work together and are inspired by him because they are in love with him.
- Heroic Neutral: Godou desires to not fight anybody and wants to live a nice and simple life. But if someone tries to destroy a city, his loved ones, or him, Godou will put up a fight and destroy the enemies.
- Hidden Depths: While either in Youth Form or under Lancelot's Curse Godou reveals that despite his nice demanour and moral compass, has a hidden talent as a lady killer who can make strong woman like Eric, Ena, Yuri, and Liliana do nearly anything he says despite the fact that they have the strength to move away from his grasp.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Too bad for him, fate seems to interfere every single time. A Campione cannot live a quiet life.
- Indy Ploy: Godou rarely plans too many steps ahead in a battle, often improvising to adapt to shifting circumstances. It is all but stated in the novels that his ability to to make split-second judgments to secure victory is one of reasons he became a Campione in the first place.
- Loophole Abuse: In volume 21, in a fight against Hanuman, the latter is having a fight with Lancelot midair. Just when Lancelot is losing and is in her final charge against Hanuman, Godou helps out by calling out the Boar. Since the requirements for summoning the Boar is targeting a huge structure, there would be limited ways for the Boar to be summoned for a midair fight. Then Godou decided to target the biggest thing he could see in the sky: the moon
- My God, What Have I Done?: After being freed from Lancelot curse and realized that he forcefully kissed his woman without their content. Godou felt terrible and ask for their forgiveness.
- Necessary Drawback: His "Persian Warlord" Authority effectively grants him ten powers for the price of one, but he can only use each one once per day and only after certain conditions have been met.
- Nice Guy: It's regularly stated that he's 'not like other campione' because he'd rather be friends with people than fight gods or lord over mortals.
- Oblivious to Love: It's an Invoked trope as well as a deconstruction. Godou was clueless around the girls' true feelings towards him, but that was mainly because he could not tell if Erica was just messing with him or not. After all of the girls prove themselves honest with their feelings and swear their love and loyalty to him, Godou became more aware and open about his feelings to them at times as well. He even starts referring to them at times as "his women."Liliana: To have so many girls distressed over you, and yet you remain completely unaware... You were born with a lady-killer's disposition. I, Liliana Kranjcar am impressed from the bottom of my heart. Kusanagi Godou, you are like a sleepwalking serial murderer, a rare and unaware lady-killer!
- Screw Destiny: Becoming a campione wasn't not enough for this guy to spit in the face of fate. Godou did not only follow a destiny of being annihilated by King of the End, he recruited the dude to his side and burned the entire tapestry of fate to cindes. Then, he gained an authority to control a thread of fate to free the guy who was destined to kill him.
- Shameful Strip: Invoked. The girls took Godou to a hot spring to heal his body, but they (mainly Erica and Ena) were the one who had to strip him. He did not take it too well.
- Stock Light-Novel Hero: Godou is a Ordinary High-School Student who kills a god and thus becomes the seventh and youngest "Campione". He is even special amongst that elite group by defeating the God of Victory, whose power allows him to kill any other god once Godou understands the god's origins and powers. The moment Godou becomes a Campione, Erica throws herself at him and "permits" him to have other mistresses (although she insists he only have one) so long as it helps him fulfill his destiny. However, the fastest way to grant a Campione knowledge is by kissing them, and the Girl of the Week is usually the only one with the knowledge he needs.
- Superpower Lottery: On top of the fact that he has the 10 Commandments of Verethragna, one of those commandments, the Golden Sword, allows him to literally talk gods to death.
- Would Hit a Girl: Despite not wanting to fight, Godou would put up a fist (or in this case, a sword) against anyone who try to harm him or his loved ones. Whether they are males or females.
- Unskilled, but Strong: No training, no experience, no exposure to the magic world at all. All Godou has is his Superpower Lottery of Combo Platter Powers, an Indy Ploy for every situation... and an Unwanted Harem who provide him battle support and kisses of information.
- Your Approval Fills Me with Shame: Anytime someone talks about him as a Chick Magnet or a Blood Knight, he will always deny this. This is when the other people are praising him for it.
An Italian magician who was with Godou when he became a Campione. She fell in love with him, and decided to help him become a great king... whether he wants to or not. Though manipulative at times, she truly loves Godou, and ultimately everything she does is for his sake.
- The Ace: She is a great swordswoman, and excellent magician, and can talk her way into and out of almost any situation with her eyes closed.
- Character Development: As seen in Volume 3 of the light novels and Episode 1 of the anime, she started out as a Type A Tsundere. By the events of Volume 1 and Episode 2, she has fully made the transition to Type B, thus setting a record for one of the quickest Tsundere cycles in history. A Justified Trope; in the intervening time, Godou saves her from a fall of about five stories, saves her again from divine lightning, demonstrates courage and tactical intelligence, defeats a god, becomes a king, and stops a divine brawl that was about to destroy her home island. These are all pretty good reasons to stop treating someone like crap.
- Childhood Friends: With Liliana, hence their long time knightly rivalry.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She gets upset whenever someone attempts to separate Godou from her.
- Cool Sword: Cuore di Leone. It can cut gods, turn into a lion, multiply, and even fight on its own.
- Femme Fatale: A rare example that gets to be the main Love Interest. More sympathetic than the average example, since while she does try to seduce and manipulate Godou, she truly loves him and ultimately everything she does is for his sake.
- Even the Girls Want Her: At school, she has a lot of female fans who are jealous of Godou.
- Godiva Hair: One instance of her waking up naked has her hair covering her chest.
- Gratuitous Italian: In episode 1, she threatens Godou to hand over the grimoire by speaking in Italian.
- Guile Heroine: She's more likely to win by cleverness than by force because she's a mortal magician against gods and campione.
- Harem Seeker: Initially by pressuring both Godou and Yuri into a relationship, because she thinks the latter's abilities would be useful. Averted when Ena appears, because unlike Liliiana and Yuri, Ena is beyond her control. She also starts to regret her actions later on as Yuri and Liliana start to break her influence. After Godou confirmed that he indeed loves her and believes that she is the most important person to him in the world, Erica's confience returned and she became a little more open to the idea of a harem. At least, as long as Godou still loves her and sees her as his number one girl.
- Hypocritical Heartwarming: Her first words to Yuri bring us this priceless declaration:"If you're thinking of continuing to bully my Godou, can I please ask you to stop? The only person that can love him, torment him, or treat him like a toy, is me, the Diavolo Rosso. That is a right given only to me, he isn't someone who you can play around with when you feel like it, you know?"
- Lady in Red: Frequently wears a red dress and she is the most flirtatious of the heroines.
- The Leader: Erica is the dominant personality of Godou's harem that can order or manipulate the others to do her bidding.
- Magic Knight: She wields both a sword and magic in battle. In fact, her sword is magical and she uses spells with it.
- Meaningful Name: Erica is a Scandinavian name meaning "honorable ruler".
- Modesty Bedsheet: Whenever she sleeps, she prefers to be naked or wearing less clothing. The blanket acts as a censor bar for her.
- Ojou: She's Italian nobility and has a maid to drive her from place to place.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: She can't fight on the same level as gods and Campione, relegating her to support in those fights.
- The Red Baron: Hold the title of Diavolo Rosso, literally "Red Devil". It's also a case of Names to Run Away from Really Fast.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: She's well-informed in most situations, but mostly clueless about Japanese culture. An example of this is when she takes Godou to an area filled with love hotels, and has no idea what they are.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Shows absolutely no qualms sleeping naked next to Godou, much to the latter's horror every morning. It's ironic consdering that when they first met, Erica was against perverted antics and gets embrassed and angered when Godou saw her in her underwears.
- Shipper on Deck: An interesting example. She openly supports a relationship between Yuri and Godou... provided Godou keeps in mind that she is his first woman.
- Tsundere: Part of her Character Development is moving from the abrasive and haughty tsun-tsun to the affectionate and haughty dere-dere.
- Took a Level in Cheerfulness: In the past, Erica was harsher towards Godou and did not trust him. After saving her, proving he is a kinder man, Erica fell for him and became happier around him.
- Top Wife: Erica sees it as a Foregone Conclusion that she and Godou are destined to be together, and early on tells him that she doesn't mind him having one mistress and only one. Unfortunately for her, Godou turns out to be a Chick Magnet. Further, as his harem grows and the girls compete over who will become Godou's "legal wife" (especially since Godou has never stated he intends to romance all of them—or, in fact, any of them), Erica begins to lose some of her confidence and questions if a harem is a good idea. She does feel better about it again, later.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Believe it or not, according to the dream potion, Erica's personality changes the most out of all the girls in the near future. She becoming more feminine, nicer, and more approachable. This is something that greatly shocks Godou.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Since falling in love with Godou in Sardinia, Erica doesn't take it well when anyone tries to harm him or separate him from her.
- Yandere: A minor, temporary example when she realizes Liliana fell for Godou while she wasn't watching. She tried to stab him, and then says that she knew Liliana would block her.
A Hime-Miko who has had past experiences with Campione; bad ones. She gets involved with Godou when he accidentally lures Athena to Japan. She begins to develop feelings for him that solidify once he saves her from the Campione who hurt her in the past.
- Blessed with Suck: Her Spirit Vision is an inborn talent which gives her a chance of automatically acquiring information about any magical entities or phenomena she encounters. In a world where even the best practitioners can usually only activate it 10% of the time, Yuri can easily activate it over 60% of the time. However, this gift is the reason Voban kidnapped her four years prior to the start of the story.
- Childhood Friends: She was friends with Ena back in the day.
- Curtains Match the Window: She has brown hair and brown eyes.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Her experiences with Voban were... unpleasant. He tried to sacrifice her to summon a god.
- Enemy Scan: Her Spirit Vision lets her do this to Gods and other supernatural entities. It also works on the Authorities of a Campione.
- Fainting Seer: During Volume 2, a vision of Voban causes her to fall unconscious.
- Keigo: Godou is amazed that she can speak formally even when she's angry.
- Made a Slave: She had been Duke Voban's slave four years ago. She briefly becomes his slave again before the others rescue her.
- Miko: A priestess in Japan. She dresses the part and takes care of a local shrine.
- Mission Control: Of the traveling variant. Lacking combat experience, her role is to instead provide Godou information about his current opponent so that he can activate the Sword.
- The Smart Girl: Erica allowed Yuri to be Godou's mistress because her Sixth Sense allows her to mine information about Godou's enemies.
- Spider-Sense: Her Spirit Vision can also work like this; inform her of immediate danger.
- Took a Level in Idealism: Yuri was against public affection and believed it should be saved until married. Yuri was even shy about watching or talking about kissing. However, after falling for Godou, she became more open about her affection to Godou and became a little more open about the idea of sharing Godou with the other girls. However, she is still shy kissing in front of others and want it to be more private.
- Waif Prophet: Is by far the weakest character in the group in terms of fighting ability, but still gets to contribute using her Spirit Vision. Then she takes a level in Badass and tanks a goddess's chain of attacks with her own ability.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: A Japanese priestess and excellent cook who's also the head of the Tea Ceremony Club.
A Hungarian knight and childhood friend of Erica. Originally working for Voban, she was convinced to switch sides. She becomes an official part of the group after Godou helps her defeat Perseus. She writes erotic love novels, which Erica uses to blackmail her.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Briefly due to Perseus' spell, which lets him control any woman with a mage bloodline to do his bidding.
- Blade on a Stick: Il Maestro's second form takes the shape of a naginata.
- Bow and Sword, in Accord: Her weapons are the sword, Il Maestro, and the Bow of Jonathan.
- The Comically Serious: Her comedy is derived from how serious she tries to be when in embarrassing situations.
- Childhood Friends: With Erica, hence their long time knightly rivalry.
- Covert Pervert: If the embarrassing novels she writes are anything to go by, she has a dirty mind.
- Cry Cute: After Godou wakes from a near-fatal encounter with Perseus, at the end of a bad day culminating with Godou discovering her embarrassing erotic novels, and when Athena beats her to giving him a healing kiss after the battle with Perseus.
- Enemy Scan: She possesses the same Spirit Vision powers as Yuri has, albeit orders of magnitude weaker unless she receives assistance from a deity, as she did from Athena in Volume 4.
- Fish out of Water: Like Erica, she tends to be uninformed at times where the Japanese culture is concerned.
- Flight: One of her powers as a Witch. Within Campione's setting, this is a remarkable feat.
- Has a Type: Based on her novels and day dreaming, it is believed that she loves a man who is forceful, strong, and passionate.... Sounds like a certain someone.
- Invisibility: She knows a spell to conceal herself.
- Lady of War: Unlike Erica, she spares the jokes and posturing for a composed and refined fighting style.
- The Lancer: Liliana is a knight like Erica but from a rival organization and she sets a contrast in that she stubbornly refuses to admit to her obvious love for Godou when Erica is super affectionate. Ena calls her "Knight Number Two."
- Made a Slave: She had once been Duke Voban's slave four years ago (Anime only). In the present, she became his slave in all but name when her grandfather ordered her to work for Voban, until the others convince her to defect.
- Magic Knight: A spell slinging swordswoman of the same rank as Erica.
- Magic Music: Il Maestro is capable of using songs to influence enemies.
- Meaningful Name: Liliana means "lily" in Italian.
- Subordinate Excuse: Insists that she only wants to serve Godou as his knight and is not in love with him. Somehow, in addition to protecting him, her duties involve preparing his meals, cleaning, mending his clothes and keeping other women away from him.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Erica. The vitriol is entirely from her side, since Erica is firmly in control in their relationship.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She wears thigh-high stockings when wearing her battle outfit.
A later addition to Godou's True Companions/Unwanted Harem, Ena is another Hime-Miko, though this time a more active combatant, wielding Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi, an enchanted katana/tsurugi which temporarily grants her demigod-like abilities.
- Action Girl: Deserves special mention for being stronger than Erica and Liliana combined! (until they get their ...special spells working) The Ame no Murakumo essentially puts her outside the human realm and into that of a divine beast.
- The Big Girl: Ena's sword is a divine beast and so she has the greatest and most reliable power because Godou's powers are one-a-day use.
- Black Swords Are Better: Everyone else has boring steel colored metal ones. Her's is a special sword.
- Childhood Friends: Back in the day, she spent time with Yuri.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Sure the Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi can turn Ena into a Lightning Bruiser, but it can also cause long-term possession if abused. Then she starts intentionally losing herself temporarily for more power. There's also the incredible strain Possession puts on her, forcing her to spend much of her time in the mountains to recover and purify herself. Then she finds a new technique which lets her face gods. The best part about it? Trivial activation and no side-effects!
- Hime Cut: It's part of her 'japanese woman' look.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: Possession by her sword increases her power and ability significantly."Ena's going to get really powerful now. Things are about to become unfair."
- Katanas Are Just Better: A magical one, at that. Justified in the anime where it's a Tsurugi and therefore not a normal sword.
- Miko: Like Yuri but unlike Yuri she's closer to a Warrior Monk.
- Third-Person Person: Played with. She regularly uses third person instead of first person pronouns but sometimes it's because Ame no Murakumo has possessed her.
- The Unfettered: As far as Erica is concerned, Ena is one wild girl beyond her control.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She wears thigh-high stockings as part of her uniform.
A Greek deity. Though named after the goddess of strategic warfare, she's actually a lesser snake deity associated with Medusa, a chthonic goddess of death. She seeks the Gorgoneion to return to her true form.
- Depraved Bisexual: She develops feelings for Godou, and strips and molests Liliana at one point.
- Jerkass Gods: She was outright antagonistic when she was first introduced but became more of a Friendly Enemy afterwards.
- Kiss of Death: With a kiss, she can breathe the winds of death directly into someone's body. When she used it on Godou, he stayed dead for about two hours before The Ram revived him.
- Little Miss Badass: Given her diminutive appearance and formidable power, she is a mighty and cute divine warrior. Both Verethragna (and by extension Godou) and Lancelot are Steel, who should have a huge advantage against a mother earth goddess like her. If it weren't for the Holy Grail she'd have killed them both.
- Little Miss Snarker: She's small and she often speaks with sarcasm, especially towards Godou.
- Nice Hat: Wears a beanie in her childlike form.
- Non-Indicative Name: Her true name and nature is Medusa.
- Purple Eyes: For royalty; she used to be queen of the gods but was overthrown and the myths were rewritten to cast her as a princess instead.
- Meaningful Name: Appropriately enough, Athena is the goddess of wisdom in Greek mythology.
- Razor-Sharp Hand: Destroys Liliana's clothes by running her finger along them, even slashing right through her belt buckle.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Her red eyes indicate her villainous nature but it's less of a warning after her introduction
- Sinister Scythe: This is her primary weapon because she's associated with death.
- Sleep-Mode Size: Without the Gorgoneion she's as small as Godou's sister.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She's a bitch when she first appears but it seems that she has feelings for Godou. She was also adorable when she loses her memory.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Her relationship to Godou, going so far as to advise him to Try Not to Die against Perseus.Godou is my prey.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She wears thigh-high stockings in her sleep mode size.
Duke Sasha Dejenstahl Voban
The Hungarian Campione who kidnapped Yuri once in the past due to her powers.
- Affably Evil: Despite being a villain, he has a polite personality.
- Blood Knight: The only thing he wants is a good fight.
- Combo Platter Powers:
- Blow You Away/Making a Splash/Shock and Awe: From killing weather deities.
- Magical Eye: His [Eyes of Sodom] can turn a person into a pillar of salt. Despite the biblical reference he actually received the Authority from Balor from Irish legends.
- Necromancer: The "Dead Servant" authority he stole from Osiris.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Into a Savage Wolf from killing Apollo.
- Cool Old Guy: He's willing to give a sporting chance to his opponents and keeps his promises should they follow the rules and beat him at his own game. Voban is also quite a powerhouse despite his advanced age, taking everything Godou threw at him and then some.
- Evil Old Folks: Of all the campione, he's the one that looks most like a monster.
- Evil Sounds Deep: He has a deep voice befitting for a villain.
- Graceful Loser: After being overpowered by Godou, Voban calmly accepts defeat and tells them that they will meet again.
- I Gave My Word: If he says you only have to last a given amount of time to win a fight with him, he'll stick to it.
- Living Forever Is Awesome: He's older than the organization that keeps taps on campione and is still having a splendid time.
- Made of Iron: He tanks just about everything thrown at him by Godou and the girls and gets back up like nothing happened, and this is not stated to be one of his many authorities.
- No-Sell: He ate the Flaming Stalion Godou threw at him and not even the Golden Sword can do more than slow him down because he has so many authorities.
- The Older Immortal: The oldest campione and the only one that looks anything like his real age.
- Really 700 Years Old: He was born in the early 19th century and has been around for many years.
- Superpower Lottery: Justified becaues it was several lotteries.
- You Have Failed Me: He threatens to kill Liliana if she ever fails him.
- When Elders Attack: This campione looks pale and withered but he's tremendously powerful due to killing half a dozen gods.
The Chinese Campione.
- Fisher King: Brings agricultural and economic prosperity to any city that she resides in.
- Flash Step: Although this is a spell and not an authority.
- Green Thumb: Can grow flowers on any surface she chooses. These can be poisonous and man-eating. Oh and she can cover an entire country with them too.
- Cute Bruiser: She is cute, but she can kick ass when she needs to.
- Really 700 Years Old: Two hundred years old but only looks a couple years older than Godou.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Yinghua fears she'll slaughter all of the mages that refer to her Authorities by names that she doesn't approve of if she finds out about them.
The Egyptian Campione.
- Beware the Nice Ones: While she does not enjoy fighting, she has still slayed at least three gods.
- Combo Platter Powers:
- Portal to the Past: Fairy's Corridor.
- Narnia Time: She can spend two years in the past and return two days after she left or spend an few months and return thirty years later than when she left. She actually has some control over this and will skip ahead to make it so she looks younger than her actual age... despite being an immortal Campione who age extremely slowly.
- An Ice Person: If she doesn't watch out, she can cause an ice age. She's not the careful type to begin with.
- Healing Hands: The other side of the Authority that grants An Ice Person, they both come from Persephone.
- Nice Girl: To an even greater extent than Godou, making her the nicest of all the Campiones. She prefers to use her authorities to help people rather than fight.
- Power Incontinence: She has limited ability to control her Fairy's Corridor Authority. Deliberately attempting to activate it rarely works and Aisha cannot control the initial location, though she retains some control over the return journey.
- Vague Age: Was born at least one hundred and fifty years ago but the nature of Fairy's Corridor the exact amount of time she has lived is ambiguous. She claims to be seventeen but Godou doesn't believe her.
John Pluto Smith
The American Campione.
- Combo Platter Powers:
- Lunacy: Can fire 6 Artemis Arrows during a lunar cycle.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Firing all six Artemis arrows at once could destroy the state of California and all abilities granted by the metamorphosis authority require destruction of some sort.
- The Gunslinger: Fires the Artemis Arrows authority out of a revolver forged by fairies.
- Samus Is a Girl: John is actually a girl named Annie Charlton.
The British Campione.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: His father had an obsessive goal to find the Holy Grail, when he died Alec took up his journey, it was during this time when he slew the Fallen Angel Ramiel. He later picks up the habit of just taking anything he deems interesting, sometimes leaving a note.
- Badass Bookworm: He knows a lot about Japanese Mythology, and presumably others too.
- Combo Platter Powers:
- Super Speed: Black Lightning allows him to move faster than 500kmph, when manifesting an avatar he can fly at lightning speeds
- Summon Magic: Has two Authorities like this: Judging Furies and Faceless Queen.
- Attack Reflector: Judging Furies causes any harm done to Alec to manifest on the doer.
- Mobile Maze: The Labyrinth.
- Gravity Master/Power of the Void: Weird Greed.
- Not So Different: He is very similar to Godou in some ways and both of them didn't want to admit it .
- Parental Abandonment: His mother left his father because of his obsessive search for the Holy Grail. His father died when he was 16.
- Red Baron: Black Prince Alec
- Workaholic: Does all the jobs in the Royal Arsenal, including training new recruits.
Lord Salvatore Doni
The Italian Campione and Europe's finest swordsman. He fought Godou in the past and has regarded him as a Worthy Opponent ever since. He's killed at least four Heretic Gods, Nuadha, Siegfried, Vulcan and an unknown fourth God. In Volume 4, he delivers the finishing blow to Perseus, but he did not gain any Authorities from it.
- Badass Boast: Doubles as an Invocation.Salvatore: I will make this oath now. I will not allow anything that cannot be cut to exist in this world. For this sword of mine, is the invincible blade that cuts down all without fail!
- Blood Knight: Loves fighting. He wants Godou to Level Up so he'll be more fun in their next fight.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: At a first glance he seems like your average Cloud Cuckoo Lander, missing important meetings to eat ice cream and regularly forgetting people's names. In truth, he simply doesn't pay attention to or bother remembering things he isn't interested in. Catch his eye, however, and he becomes frighteningly focused and competent, as Godou found out to his dismay.
- Combo Platter Powers:
- Cool Sword: Salvatore's first and favorite Authority, "Ripping Silver Arm" Authority, lets him turn any bladed instrument, even a rusty knife, into a Cool Sword which has Combo Platter Powers of its own. To whit, his sword can cut through anything (he had no problems cutting the supposedly indestructible Heraion; heck, in his battle with Godou he almost managed to cut the golden sword that was specifically forged to cancel this Authority and would have succeeded too, if Godou hadn't pulled off a Deliberate Injury Gambit), grow up to the size of buildings, cut an object several times with a single attack, inflict wounds that will not heal (powerful enough to overcome the Healing Factor of Godou's Camel, but not the Ram) and cause explosions upon contact (although these are weak by Campione standards and are more like Splash Damage).
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Granted by his "Man of Steel" Authority for Super Toughness. As a side effect, his weight increases in proportion to his defenses, meaning he can't swim (not that this is a problem since the authority also apparently lets him survive underwater indefinitely). He managed to tank a hit from the Boar that pulverized the building he was standing on without a scratch and survived the Stallion with only a sunburn despite the fact that Steel Authorities are supposed to be weak against high temperatures.
- Walking Techbane: His "Restriction" Authority makes anything invented after the Middle Ages stop working in a city wide radius.
- Power Incontinence: His "Curse of Rampage" authority, which strengthens and/or activates mystical power, while sending them out of control. Hence making using Authorities a risky prospect, at best. Unfortunately, he's not immune to this power, so he also loses control.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: In Volume 4, first against Liliana who tried to stop him from cutting the Heraion, then against Erica, to stop her from helping Godou. He defeated both of them in one blow without using any Authorities. In Erica's case, she didn't even see how he hit her.
- Demonic Possession: In his Backstory. Prior to becoming a Campione, he was possessed by the divine spirit of Saint George and traveled to Ireland, looking for deities to exterminate. Nuadha defeated George and freed Salvatore, but Salvatore kept on fighting anyways, leading to him becoming a Campione.
- Demoted to Extra: While he is a prominent character in the light novels, his role in the anime is reduced to a minor character who appears sporadically.
- Master Swordsman: Probably the best swordsman in the series. Even without using any Authorities, he can cut through objects harder than steel and keep up with the Raptor's Super Speed. He became a Campione by stealing the sword of Heretic God Nuadha, then beating him in a sword fight, despite the fact that Nuadha's sword shouldn't have been able to harm him.
- Red Baron: The King of Swords
- Required Secondary Powers: No matter how big he makes his sword grow or how heavy his "Man of Steel" Authority makes him, his powers will make him strong enough to move normally. He actually exploits this in battle to give himself Super Strength.
- Un-Sorcerer: A mild example. In an organization full of Magic Knights, he was the only member unable to use any magic. Not that it bothered him, since the only things he's ever really cared about, both before and after becoming a Campione, are refining his swordsmanship and fighting strong foes.
Yukari's younger sister and a Hime-Miko.
- Anti-Magic: Disaster Purification.
- Badass Adorable: Stopping Sun Wukong from moving, while trapped inside his stomach? Yes. Her Anti-Magic can also work to an extent on Campiones and Heretic Gods.
- Cool Sword: When she wielded the magic sword Zanryuuto it combined with her Disaster Purification allowing Sun Wukong to be released.
- Meaningful Name: Hikari means "light" in Japanese.
Luo Hao's apprentice.
- Badass Adorable: He is stated to be able to defeat 5 of the 7 Campiones in unarmed combat, given that these people have killed gods, yes, he is this. The adorable part comes because he is 14 years old.
- In a Single Bound: Is a master of the Daoist spells of movement, which includes Leap.
- He-Man Woman Hater: Picked this up through Luo Hao's treatment of him.
- Living Legend: With time he will grow to become as legendary as King Arthur.
Arianna Hayama Aleardi
- Badass Adorable: Don't let her cuteness fool you◊, she can kick ass when she needs to.
- Demoted to Extra: Appearing quite often in the Light Novels, to a major secondary character in the Anime, to a one-panel cameo in the manga.
- Drives Like Crazy: A pretty noticeable (and somewhat justified, given the plot of the series) example.
- Hair Decorations: Four hair clips on the front of her head.
- Meaningful Name: Arianna means "chaste" in Greek.
- Meido: Erica's maid down to the uniform.
- Stock Footage: An odd example - a shot of her shifting gears from episode one was reused (and recolored) for episode six.
- One-Note Cook: Inverted. She can cook anything but stew.
Another Hime-Miko associated with the History Compilation Committee and allied with Godou. More involved with the organisational side of things and as such doesn't get directly caught up in Godou's schemes.
- Bifauxnen: Wears men's clothes more or less constantly, even dressing as a priest rather than a miko when performing her religious duties.
- The Casanova: Unlike Godou Kaoru is well aware of the reaction she inspires in girls and enjoys it.
- If It's You, It's Okay: She inspires this reaction in the girls she dates when they find out she's actually female.
- One of the Guys: Many of her interactions with those like Godou and Amakusa. She even manages to get along with confirmed misogynist Lu Yinghua (though its unclear if he knows she's female).
- Two-Timer Date: It's observed that its something of a minor miracle that Kaoru manages to avoid running into the trope.