Beware of non-marked spoilers for the later chapters.
A member of the Soccer Club. He likes Kanda.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: His younger brother is an aversion. He respects Haruhiko's privacy and has attempted to help his love life.
- Cannot Spit It Out: No matter what he does, he's just too shy to tell Kanda that he likes her.
- Chick Magnet: He's the only male character to have more than one girl like him.
- Determinator: In chapter 120, he ran like crazy after Kanda messed up in the relay race. Sadly he was knocked out as a result.
- Just Friends: How he feels about Alice.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The look on his face when he received Kanda's text confession...about a second after he sent her a text about how text confessions are lame. Ouch.
- Oblivious to Love: Has no idea that Alice, his friend since middle school, is obsessively in love with him. He seems to have figured it out by "Telepathy." "Unrequited Love" reveals that he actually knew for a long time.
- Twice Shy: With Kanda.
A member of the Soft Tennis Club and Minagawa's friend. She likes Takase.
- Aborted Declaration of Love: The first chapter ends with an inversion of all things. After Takase promises to see her again tomorrow, she promises to confess to him tomorrow.
- Armor-Piercing Response: Her answer to Alice's Armor-Piercing Question over how much she care about Takase. She states she's not sure how strong her feelings for him are but that's why she wants to date him and wants to like him more. It caused her, Alice, Kurihara and Nashimoto to cry afterwords.
- Cannot Spit It Out: One of the worst offenders in the manga, with the very first chapter ending about her inability to confess. In the final chapter she finally spits it out, with all the pent-up emotion it deserves.
- Just Friends: Poor girl ends up friend-zoning herself and Takase, because she thinks it's the best option she's got to salvage herself from his supposed "text rejection." And just when he was about to confess himself.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Minagawa.
- Nice Girl: She's very kind to everyone around her.
- Twice Shy: With Takase.
The male class representative of Class 2-1. One of the only members of the broadcast club, alongside his sister Hotaru. A guy who tries to take everything seriously, making him the victim of Minagawa's merciless teasing.
- Cannot Spit It Out: A more justified example than most but every time he tries, Minagawa starts laughing. In the end it took months before he finally told her.
- Luminescent Blush: Due to Minagawa's teasing, he's frequently left a blushing, flustered mess.
- Nice Guy: He's incredibly nice and this was what attracted Minagawa.
- Official Couple: When he finally gets around to answering Minagawa's confession three months later, they start going out.
- Prank Date: Furuya is initially paranoid that Minagawa is playing a prank on him when she confesses to him. For her part, Minagawa actually has a habit of breaking out into a nervous giggle when embarrassed so she has to clear that up.
- The Reliable One: He's very serious about everything he does and has been his class' representative for both the first and second year. In fact part of the reason he wasn't ready to accept Minagawa's confession was he was thinking about marriage, their finances and children.
The female class representative of Class 2-1. A member of the Soft Tennis Club and Kanda's friend. She likes Furuya and shows it by teasing the straight-laced boy (and his little sister) to no end.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: As The Tease, she has this on whenever she's messing around with the Furuya siblings.
- Cool Big Sister: She's very kind towards Jun's sister, Hotaru, despite the latter's abrasiveness towards her. As Minagawa is also a younger sibling, she feels she understands Hotaru and wants to be close to her.
- Dude Magnet: Subverted. She's said to have dated many dudes. In reality, it's actually a rumor because she has quite many male friends.
- The Gadfly: The Furuya siblings are just too much fun not to mess with.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Kanda.
- Mirthless Laughter: Minagawa has a habit of breaking out into laughter when she gets shy. Furuya initially took this to mean she was making fun of him until he learned the truth.
- Official Couple: With Furuya. She's so happy that he accepted her feelings that her plans to tease him about are thrown for a loop when she's smiling and blushing uncontrollably.
- Platonic Declaration of Love: Just like she proposes to Jun, she also proposes to Hotaru, stating that she loves her and wants to be her sister. Touched to the core, Hotaru immediately accepts.
- Shipper on Deck: She ships Kanda and Takase.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She started liking Furuya when he admitted that he didn't care about her rumors as long as she's happy.
- The Social Expert: She is shown to very observant towards and able to easily grasp the feelings of others. She mostly uses this to tease and manipulate Jun and his sister, Hotaru, to no end.
- The Tease: Her text conversation with "Hotaru posing as her brother."
A member of the cooking club interested in Yamane. Unlike Yamane, she has no interest in otaku culture.
- Freaky Is Cool: In an omake, she lists "Big Round Eyes" (which Yamane has) as her fetish.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Despite Yamane's low self-esteem and otaku hobbies, Kurihara becomes attracted to him for his kind heart and cute face.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Nashimoto.
- Nice Girl: The first thing she did in her introduction chapter is inviting Yamane on a date as gratitude for saving her.
- During a date with Yamane, she pushes him to go and cheer up a depressed Motoyama instead because she was worried about him.
- Official Couple: With Yamane.
- Rescue Romance: Fall in love with Yamane after he saved her from a groper on a bus.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Even before Yamane saves her, she always noticed how he always gave his seat to elderly on the bus.
- Ugly Guy Hot Girlfriend: Downplayed. She's the cute girlfriend to Yamane's unattractive, but not ridiculously ugly boyfriend.
A member of the cooking club who is interested in Sonobe. She is very insecure about her weight.
- Big Eater: She loves to eat which is an issue due to her Weight Woe.
- Butt-Monkey: A lot of her chapters ends with her suffering.
- Informed Flaw: The weight itself isn't completely apparent, and because of Generic Cuteness she looks no different than any of the other girls. Justified in her case, because she's really the only one that thinks she's fat.
- Insecure Love Interest: Due to her weight woes, she has trouble imagining that her Sonobe could like her.
- In-Series Nickname: To her classmates and friends, she's called by "Nasshi".
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Kurihara.
- Weight Woe: Her body fat is a sensitive subject for her especially since her crush is skinnier than her.
The secretary of the Student Council and a member of the Brass Band Club.
- Innocently Insensitive: While he's never malicious, a lot of his statements to Yukari only further her weight issues.
- Nice Guy: He's a very kind and pleasant person to everyone.
- Understanding Boyfriend: He can pick up when Nashimoto is hungry, and acknowledges that she doesn't like herself as she is now and wants to change, but he tries get through to her that she doesn't need to resort to drastic measures (like starving herself) to do so and tells her that he loves her despite her insecurities.
A deadpan student who more-or-less starts going out with her friend Sunagawa for the heck of it.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Turns out she doesn't like Suna getting too close with other girls as seen in the chapter 119.5 when Minagawa was a bit too close to Suna.
- The Comically Serious: Keeps a straight face in almost every situations.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: When Sunagawa is asleep and recovering from a fever, she tucks him in and checks his temperature. She tries to give him a kiss, but immediately backs off and feigns annoyance when he awakens.
- Not Bad: She has never outright said that she likes anything just that she doesn't hate it.
- Official Couple: With Sunagawa.
- Perpetual Frowner: She has never actually been seen forming a smile, always wearing her neutral face.
- The Stoic: She pretty much never shows any emotion. Only Sunagawa can really tell when she's feeling happy or annoyed.
- Tsundere: Towards Sunagawa in his various attempts to get her to express how she's feeling. Best illustrated in the chapter where he gets sick and Toda only acting nurturing when he appeared to be sleeping.
- When She Smiles:
A deadpan student who more-or-less starts going out with his friend Toda for the heck of it.
- Brutal Honesty: Subtlety is not his strong point. Once when he had to discreetly find out if Sonobe liked Nashimoto, he flat out asked if Sonobe was sexually attracted to Nashimoto.
- The Comically Serious: Keeps a straight face in almost every situations.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Downplayed since Sunagawa avoids all the negative traits of the trope. Much of the humor from the chapters focusing on his relationship Toda is his failed attempts to get Toda to crack a smile or say what's on her mind.
- Dull Surprise: He probably shows more emotional range than his girlfriend, but he still keeps a more-or-less straight face.
- In-Series Nickname: Suna.
- Official Couple: With Toda, for pretty much no other reason than the idea of her going out with somebody else bugs him.
- Perpetual Frowner: Toda points out that Sunagawa never smiles for her, though he states that doesn't mean he's not having fun with her.
- Post-Kiss Catatonia: In his final chapter with Toda, Sunagawa has this reaction after she gives him a kiss for his birthday.
- The Stoic: Not to the degree of Gouda, but Sunagawa almost always have a dry expression. Despite that he's pretty direct about his feelings.
- That Makes Me Feel Angry: Since Sunagawa tends to be bad at emoting, he tends to tell people directly what he is feeling.
- The Unsmile: During his date with Toda at a Zoo, after several failed attempts to solicit a smile from her, Toda flips the script and offers to take a selfie with him since she reasons that she has never seen Sunagawa smile either. His version of a smile was definitely interesting.
- Visual Pun: When Toda tells Sunagawa that he's cute and that she does like him, his ice cream melts.
- What Is This Feeling?: He only has a vague idea of what it feels like to be in love, and shows signs of interest in exploring these feelings with Toda.
A self-styled rapper dubbing himself "MC Oni Musha," only to get embarrassed when Yamada finds out.
- Aborted Declaration of Love: During the cultural festival he confesses to Yamada and tells her he's serious about his love for her, but takes it back twice. Once when he and Yamada did a "joke kiss", and the other when Toda came into the classroom.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Yamada calls Onizuka by his self-made rapper name, Oni Musha (Demon Warrior), which greatly embarrasses him.
- Friendless Background: He doesn't seem to have any friends till he grouped up with Takase and Noro.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: His usual way of turning away people when he starts feeling awkward, but he can't bring himself to be mean to Yamada.
- No Social Skills: He won't admit it, but Onizuka knows the reason he doesn't have friends is because he's simply bad at talking.
- Performance Anxiety: He mostly practices on his own because he's not confident in his skills and gets embarrassed easily.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Naturally, as part of his rapping hobby. He also tends to think in rhymes, too.
- Shrinking Violet: Male version. He admits that he's pretty shy and he doesn't seem to have many friends because he never approaches anyone.
A member of the Girl's Basketball Club who takes an interest in Onizuka and rapping.
- Genki Girl: She not at all shy, and is very peppy and energetic. Her rapping is also accompanied by enthusiastic posturing.
- Jive Turkey: Her rapping is ridden with yo's as punctuation and making up clumsy disses.
- Hidden Depths: The fact that a cute girl like Yamada is actually interested in rap music takes Onizuka by surprise.
- Perpetual Smiler: She always smiling and in a good mood.
- Shipper on Deck: She ships Tojo and Ogiue
A member of the Volleyball team and Takase's friend. He's an energetic boy and grows interested in Alice.
- Ascended Extra: He was originally only in scenes with Gouda and had only one scene in the sports festival dedicated to him. He becomes a main character when he meets Alice.
- Achievements in Ignorance: All the attention he has been giving Alice has actually made her start liking him, all the while oblivious of how resistant she has been towards him.
- Dogged Nice Guy: He stood around waiting in the rain for Alice for three hours all because he thought Alice was going to meet him for a date. "I can wait forever" is almost his go-to phrase when concerning his feelings for Alice.
- Dumb Is Good: To Alice's annoyance, he's very bad at taking a hint and reading the mood, but he's still a very nice guy.
- Hot-Blooded: He's very spirited and high energy.
- Innocently Insensitive: During the Second Year trip, Noro admits to Alice that he intentionally Third-Wheeled during breakfast with her and Takase because he could tell how uncomfortable Takase was around her and how awkward it was for them to get a conversation started.
- Kindhearted Simpleton: Even when Alice is trying to be mean to him, he does not suspect her at all and assumes she had a good reason.
- Oblivious to Love: He somehow doesn't realize that Alice likes Takase and not him.
- Shipper on Deck: An unknowingly one for Takase and Kanda by trying to date Alice who tries her best to get in their way.
- Troll: During the Sports Festival soccer match between class 2-1 and 2-4, Noro goes out of his way to impede Chiaki at every step just so he can't look cool in front of Kana.
The vice-president of the Drama Club who is stuck training the newbies, namely Urara. She is very annoyed by Katori.
- Affectionate Nickname: Kazuko calls her "Ayaya."
- All Love Is Unrequited: She confessed and suffered a rejection in her introductory chapter.
- Beleaguered Assistant: Shes more capable of teaching the new members of the Drama Club than the president, Katori, who can't even teach someone how to project their voice.
- Berserk Button: Katori's existence is one for her. If it seems like someones mocking her or not paying attention to her, she will get pissed.
- Death Glare: She gives Katori a terrifying one after she realizes that its Katoris fault that the new members got upset when she was trying to teach them.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: She easily loses her temper around Katori and has beat him up in an over the top fashion at least once. It happens so often Katori accepts that it's just how they communicate.
- Gentle Touch vs. Firm Hand: Her dilemma with leading the Drama Club's first years. She's unsure how soft or how firm she has to be without coming across as overbearing.
- Sempai/Kohai: She takes on the role of teaching Urara how to act.
- Shipper on Deck: She ships Takano and Sugawara.
- Tsundere: A platonic example for Katori. She still seems to value his opinion of her even though he really annoys her. Matsuura has a soft spot for Urara as well, even though she's frustrated that Urara hasn't been improving.
Matsuura's friend, who falls head over heels for Katori.
- Affectionate Nickname: Katori calls her little kitten.
- The Blind Leading the Blind: Not her fault but a lot of her friends ask her for relationship advice when she hasn't been in one.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Shes pretty grounded unless Katori is involved.
- Compressed Hair: Her hair usually reaches just below her shoulders, but it reaches her waist when its wet.
- Doppelgänger Spin: She does this in "Bruised-Up Angel."
- Early-Bird Cameo: In the manga, she appears in Patricia and Keisukes and Chiaki and Kanas introductory chapters before her formal introduction in the Love Master chapter.
- Large Ham: About as dramatic as Katori himself.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Let's just say falling for Katori has damaged her sanity.
- Ojou Ringlets: Downplayed. While she does have a "drill hair", she's actually a normal girl.
- Secret Keeper: People ask her to keep their secret because she looks like she could keep secrets. She becomes one of the two people who knows about Katori repeating years, along with Akagi.
- Super Speed: She develops the ability to create afterimages to be able to hug Katori.
- Unrequited Love: Her crush on Katori goes unrealized throughout the year, and he tries desperately to chase her away with as much tact as can be allowed for the situation. While he does kiss her following his graduation, it's mainly to satiate her and allow her to move on from him.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: She is the only focus character not present for the extra strips, so we don't know how she fared after Katori's graduation.
A member of the Brass Band Club who doesn't seem to have an interest in romance...at first.
- Affectionate Nickname: Yoshinaga calls her "Chi-chan."
- Cloudcuckoolander: Her responses to the questions in the omake charts tend to be pretty out there. For example, she contemplates about giant jumpropes when asked about what sport she would like to play.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: The reason behind Chizuru's reluctance to admit her feelings to Sugawara. Once she realizes that she has feelings for him, she immediately shoots the idea of a relationship down because she doesn't think that Sugawara could ever like someone like her.
- If It's You, It's Okay: She alludes to this when Sugawara asks her how she'd feel if somebody hugged her while confessing: she'd be creeped out, but she'd be okay if it's him. This, combined with her imagining the situation at the end of the chapter, is the first sign of her not being as uninterested in him as it first appeared.
- Insecure Love Interest: While it mostly seemed to be lack of interest at first, it comes increasingly obvious that Takano doesn't have a high opinion of herself, whether it be in looks or personality, so she can't fathom how anybody would be interested.
- Oblivious to Love: To an unbelievable degree, in her and Sugawara's introductory chapter he actually confessed and she thought he was being nice.
- One Dialogue, Two Conversations: Her misunderstandings with Sugawara's feelings can easily devolve conversations into the two talking about completely different things.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: While at first her comments of Sugawara being a nice guy look like she's not interested in him, it soon becomes clear that she has become quite attracted to him for these traits.
- The Stoic: Her first couple of chapters had her keep a pretty straight face the whole time. Then her feelings for Sugawara start growing.
- Twice Shy: With Sugawara, after she gained feelings on him.
A member of the Soccer Club. He likes Takano.
- Affectionate Nickname: Many of his friends, from Matsuura to Chiaki, call him "Sugayan."
- Cannot Spit It Out: Though not for a lack of trying; Sugawara actually confessed to Takano twice and both times she misunderstood what he meant. Sugawara doesn't attempt to take a more direct approach because he's nervous that he'll make her uncomfortable.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: He gets theses a lot whenever Takano mistakes his attempts to confess as him just being nice.
- Everyone Can See It: Pretty much everyone knows that he likes Takano with Takano being the only exception.
- Love Hurts: His crush on Takano is hilariously soul crushing.
- Nice Guy: Which Takano herself points out. He takes it one way, but it's shown to eventually be the opposite.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: His confession at the shrine is treated like this by the narrative. As he spits out his feelings while Takano is only thinking about how to pass and what she wants to do in the future, he comes off as selfish and makes her feel confused inside.
- One Dialogue, Two Conversations: Very frequently, because Sugawara can be unclear with his confessions, Takano tends to misunderstand what he's actually talking about. A conversation about wanting to date her, confuses Takano into believing Sugawara wants her to be better at cleaning.
- Rule of Three: Sugawara confesses to Takano for a third time on New Year's Day only to unintentionally cause Takano to run away crying. Unlike the first two attempts, she knew exactly what he was talking about this time, but was trying to emotionally prepare herself for the possibility that they would start drifting apart.
- Twice Shy: With Takano and the saddest part is it's due to trauma of the many times he tried to confess and she just didn't get it.
A member of the Brass Band Club and Takano's friend.
- Affectionate Nickname: Takano calls her "Yo-chan."
- All Love Is Unrequited: She had a crush on Sugawara and had Takano give him a love letter she wrote. Naturally, she gets rejected, but she manages to get over it.
- Shipper on Deck: Given her reaction to Takano and Sugawara's moment where the former convinced the latter to got to the beach with the rest of the class, it seems she's gotten over her crush on him and is now supporting him getting together with her best friend.
One half of a comedy duo with her boyfriend Chiaki.
- All Periods Are PMS: Downplayed in the Luna, Luna. Kana flips her lid while on her period, not because the period itself but because Chiaki suggests she goes back home since they can't have sex.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Apparently, her mom already bought her and Chiaki "protection" upon finding out that she was going over to his house.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: The tsukkomi to Chiaki's boke.
- Like Brother and Sister: Her relationship with Chiaki before they become an Official Couple.
- Official Couple: With Chiaki by the end of their introductory chapter, though she thought they were going out for a year beforehand.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: While wearing casual clothes, Chiaki notes she has an attractive figure.
- Straight Man: To Chiaki.
- Tears of Joy: When Chiaki confessed. Both times.
- Tsundere: As much as Chiaki annoys her, she loves him anyway. During the chapter dedicated to their somewhat brief break-up, compare her reactions at the beginning to when she accidentally drops her phone in tub while waiting for an apology.
- Twice Shy: Downplayed example, she and Chiaki are dating but they're both pretty shy when it comes to doing the more romantic things like kissing.
One half of a comedy duo with his girlfriend Kana.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: His mom walks in on him and Kana about to kiss (and move on from there), to which he apologizes (with Kana mentioning that her mom's the same). And then she pops back in and offers to go buy them "protection," effectively killing the mood.
- Berserk Button: Having anyone calling his relationship with Kana not serious.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: The boke to Kana's tsukkomi.
- I Am X, Son of Y: Said this phrase when Kana tries to persuade him into having sex with her.
- Like Brother and Sister: His relationship with Kana before they become an Official Couple.
- Like Father, Like Son: His dad tried to have sex with Chiaki's mom on her period too, once upon a time. Thankfully we don't get to hear the results of that escapade.
- Love Makes You Dumb: His desire to take the next step with Kana leads him to making some unfortunate decisions, like getting drunk and forcibly kissing Kana even though she was refusing.
- A Man Is Always Eager: Subverted. While he does have an interest in sex, he's far too shy to make a move.
- Oblivious to Love: For nearly a year before the events of the series, Chiaki had no idea Kana believed they were in a relationship.
- Official Couple: With Kana, though he had no idea that they were "going out" for about a year beforehand; he mistook her confession for one of their gags.
- Parents Walk In at the Worst Time: His mother came to his room when he and Kana are about to have Their First Time.
- Twice Shy: Downplayed example, he and Kana are dating but they're both pretty shy when it comes to doing the more romantic things like kissing.
An American exchange student and a member of the Karate Club. She seems to have a fondness for using the word "sushi" as means of acknowledging affection (instead of the correct word, "suki"), to the confusion of everybody else.
- Affectionate Nickname: A lot of her friends call her "Patty."
- Boobs of Steel: Her cup size is F and she's a member of the Karate Club. When she spars with Motoyama and he's the first to attack, she defeats him with one kick.
- Buxom Is Better: In a Q&A extra, when asked about what makes her appealing to opposite sex, her answer is her boobs.
- Catch Phrase: As noted above, "Sushi."
- Cloudcuckoolander: Her thought process is always a mystery.
- First-Name Basis: She calls almost everyone by their first name.
- Funny Foreigner: A lot of comedy comes from her odd Japanese like the mentioned sushi.
- Official Couple: With Keisuke.
- Phenotype Stereotype: She's a blonde American with blue eyes.
The student who seems to have to deal with Patricia the most.
- Buxom Is Better: Introduction of Chapter 98 states that he really fond of big boobs.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Always have perverted thoughts whenever Patricia wants to do something with him, but he's serious about their relationship.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: He's Patty's boyfriend ...
- Official Couple: With Patricia.
A member of the Tea Ceremony Club. She likes Gouda.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Her feelings for Gouda started when he offered to let her copy his notes due to her poor eye-sight.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: When Gouda notes at how she doesn't come across as this, she admits to herself that she wants to be clingy towards him, and she does get jealous when he talks with other girls. She's just too much of a Nice Girl to show it (as well as too afraid of him disliking her for it).
- Covert Pervert: While she looks graceful, she's probably the most perverted character in the series so far.
- First-Name Basis: After dating Gouda for a while, she starts to call him Takeru instead.
- Official Couple: With Gouda.
A member of the Volleyball Club. He starts going out with Kamine.
- Brutal Honesty: Has a tendency of being rather forward with his opinions.
- The Comically Serious: Most of the time when things got awkward, he simply sweats with a deadpan face.
- First-Name Basis: After dating Kamine for a while, he starts to call her Ayaka instead.
- I'm a Man; I Can't Help It: Defied in "Temptation". He tells Kamine that self-control will go out of the window after she seduces him. After that she still wants a kiss from him, though he only allows it after they finished studying.
- Oblivious to Love: At first, he had trouble understanding any of Kamine's hints. In fact, their first chapter ended with Takeru completely unaware that Kamine confessed till the last panel. He gets better.
- Official Couple: With Kamine.
- Shipper on Deck: For Sugawara/Takano.
- The Stoic: Even in moments of shock, he still manages to keep a straight face most of the time. He never displays powerful reactions.
A member of the Cooking Club who has been friends (and in love) with Takase since middle school. She is "near-psychotic."
- Aborted Declaration of Love: In "My Bloody Valentine" she gives Takase a Chocolate of Romance with the least subtle presentation: an ai ai gasa drawn on the sweet and a marriage registration form. Overwhelmed, Takase tells her she probably meant to give him an obligatory chocolate; she backs down immediately with a bag already ready.
- All Love Is Unrequited: No matter her delusions, it's shown that Takase just sees her as a friend and likes Kanda.
- All of the Other Reindeer: She was bullied in middle school. "Unrequited Love" reveals that the reason she fell for Takase was that he helped her out back then.
- Characterization Marches On: In her first appearance Alice is shown to be a very unstable Yandere, cutting herself or threatening to out of devotion for Takase. In later chapters, she's still shown as unhealthily obsessive, but her self-harming tendencies have gradually lessened.
- Demoted to Extra: Despite being one of the earlier characters introduced in the manga, she does not appear in the anime adaptation at all outside of a quick and silent cameo appearance in sports day.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Encourages Kanda to go after Takase and gives Kanda her romance chocolate to do do by saying this word for word during the second "My Bloody Valentine".
- In her introductory chapter alone, she steals Kanda's Valentine's Day chocolate from right out of Takase's hands, flushes it and Kanda's love letter down the toilet, and convinces Takase that Kanda forgot to put anything in the box when she gives it back to him. All because she wanted to get at him first.
- Noro likes her (which she is aware of) and tries to flirt with her, but she is openly hostile to him even though he's mostly just a Dogged Nice Guy and is generally harmless. At one point she intentionally stands him up on a date, but waits around the corner so she can laugh at his reaction to being stood up.
- Shoo the Dog: It's implied that a lot of her antagonism towards Noro is because she doesn't want to admit that she could possibly have feelings for anyone other than Takase.
- Single-Target Sexuality: She's only interested in Takase and doesn't like being flirted with by other guys, as Katori learned the hard way. Starts being subverted as she starts gaining feelings for Noro.
- Stalker with a Crush: To the point where she figured out where Takase lives and pretended to be his girlfriend to throw off suspicion, when Takase himself wasn't even home yet.
- Third-Person Person: Not always, but she often will refer to herself in the third person, both in actual speech and in her thoughts. She stops using it so liberally after the movie date incident.
- Tsundere: As she starts to gain feelings for Noro, she starts displaying these tendencies as she refuses to admit her feelings.
- Yandere: You know that "near-psychotic" is an Understatement when she cuts her own fingers to put her blood into Valentine chocolate for her beloved Takase. Strangely, she doesn't seem to want to outright Murder the Hypotenuse towards Kanda; she switches from fairly mild obstructions like getting rid of her chocolate (while inwardly admiring her cuteness and wondering if they could've been friends) to actually declaring to Kanda that Takase likes her, which gives her the courage to not give up.
An extremely shy, geeky student in a relationship with Kurihara, and best friends with Motoyama.
- Adorkable: He's rather awkward when dealing with love.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Played for Laughs. He finally confessed to Kurihara after she called him out for his lack of confidence, with Inelegant Blubbering.
- Beady-Eyed Loser: Has big round eyes and is very bad at sports, unlike most of the male main characters.
- Freakiness Shame: He thinks his face is repulsive, but Kurihara finds it attractive.
- Gonk: Downplayed. His round eyes make him rather hard to look at and he is already considered unattractive in-universe, which only fuels his low self-esteem. On the other hand, he otherwise looks normal and even then Kurihara has no problem with his physical appearance. He notes that he would be a handsome guy if it was Heian era.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Motoyama.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: Gender-flipped. Although he introduced himself to her by pushing away a pervert trying to feel her up, he didn't think she would care about him and call him out later.
- Insecure Love Interest: He has an extremely hard time fathoming how Kurihara could possibly like him.
- Nice Guy: Often gives his seat to elderly on the bus and saved Kurihara from a groper.
- No Social Skills: After starting to date Kurihara, he has a tendency of saying the wrong thing, at the wrong time due to inexperience.
- Oblivious to Love: Subverted. He pretends that he didn't notice Kurihara's feeling due to his denial that she really likes him. He also discussed this trope with Motoyama once, about how typical rom-com protagonist is always surrounded by beautiful girls but also dense.
- Official Couple: With Kurihara.
- Otaku: Along with Motoyama.
- Shrinking Violet: One of the timidest male characters in the series. His introduction chapter has him blushing and mumbling a lot while denying the fact that Kurihara is attracted to him.
- This Loser Is You: He has many negative otaku stereotypes, like having very low self-esteem and confidence, hopeless at sports, and very little friends.
An overtly geeky member of the Karate Club who is best friends with Yamane and has a crush on Enomoto.
- Alone Among the Couples: Of all the focus characters, he's the only one to not end up with his love interest, nor get a second one. He's clearly feeling upset about his circumstances in the second "We Don't Need Women" chapter, since he wants to go to Yamane for comfort but feels like he'd be intruding on Yamane's couple time with Chiyo. Ultimately subverted in "Love is Unsightly".
- He-Man Woman Hater: He declares that he's this but it's more he doubts that any girl could like him thus he hates them to spare himself from any pain.
- Heel Realization: Downplayed but during the school trip, he realizes that his attempts to shun Enomoto's attempts to befriend him is out of fear of being hurt and he has no right to do so.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Yamane.
- Hidden Depths: Due to being an Otaku very few would realize that he's a member of the Karate club, and he later becomes its president after Saejima steps down.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: Gender inverted; he's honestly perplexed that Enomoto doesn't find his hobbies weird or finds him strange.
- I Just Want to Be Special: He had resigned himself to thinking that he'd never become the protagonist of his own story, but subconsciously still wanted to be one. Falling in love with Enomoto made him think that he might finally get a chance to be a romance hero, but it just never came to pass. He finally got his wish in "Love is Unsightly".
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: At all times, keeping his face tastefully unmentionable. His actual pupils are rarely ever shown.
- Otaku: Along with Yamane.
- Shipper on Deck: For Yamane and Kurihara.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: After his heartbreak in "Protagonist", he ultimately hooked up with Enomoto after her crush didn't come to meet her in "Love is Unsightly".
A serious student in love with her teacher, Mr. Kirihara.
- Armor-Piercing Response: In response to Mr. Kirihara calling her a child, she states under their laws she's over the age of consent and thus can have sex. He had a justified Spit Take as a result.
- Berserk Button:
- Mr. Kirihara treating her as a child.
- Mr. Kirihara's obliviousness to her feelings.
- Empty Eyes: Gets these whenever Mr. Kirihara treats her as a kid or is oblivious to her feelings.
- Likes Older Men: Her answer to "What is your fetish?" implies that she might just like older guys in general, putting Mr. Kirihara in her strike zone.
- Teacher/Student Romance: She's fully aware of how she'll never become Mr. Kirihara's wife and that she should let go of her feelings for him. And she just can't.
A bespectacled girl often seen in the library. Rumor has it that she likes Ogiue.
- Adorkable: From her glee in keeping her feelings "secret" to her awkward attempts to bond with Ogiue, she's adorable.
- Covert Pervert: On the school trip, she got under Ogiue's covers and very much enjoyed it.
- Cute Bookworm: She likes reading books and is one of the library reps.
- Meganekko: Complete with being a library rep.
- Shrinking Violet: So freakishly shy that can't talk to her crush, Ogiue, without getting all red-faced and loud, even when she's happy that they're both fans of Slam Dunk.
- Tsundere: She's a comical deconstruction. All her yelling and blushing to keep her feelings hidden only make Ogiue think that she hates him. It gets worse when he sees she's perfectly normal around everyone else.
A member of the Boy's Basketball Club. According to his friend, there's a rumor that Tojo likes him.
- Apologizes a Lot: Due to him being scared of Tojo when she's in her tsundere mode.
- Nice Guy: Despite the fact that Tojo regularly screams at him, he still wants to become friends with her.
- Oblivious to Love: By the end of their introductory chapter, he thinks the rumor about Tojo is not only false, but actually the opposite: that she might hate him. Justified, as most people would have similar thoughts at her all red-faced and screaming in an attempt to hide her feelings for him.
- Thanks for the Mammary: He accidentally gets a handful when Tojo was under his covers and he thought it was his friend playing a prank on him.
A transfer student from the Kansai region. Motoyama helped her fix her bicycle.
- Innocently Insensitive: In "Protagonist", Enomoto tells Motoyama that she appreciates his presence and friendship because "[he's] an otaku", and therefore doesn't force her to talk about boy-girl topics. She says this after she unknowingly breaks his heart by telling him about an old friend/crush contacting her again and she doesn't know what to do about it.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: To Motoyama, who never fathomed a girl would ever give him the time a day, let alone encourage him to let down his guard and begin opening up to the opposite gender.
- Master of the Mixed Message: She has a great talent of making her actions seem romantic and then make them seem platonic to Motoyama's horror.
- Meet Cute: Motoyama meeting and fixing her bicycle made them friends.
- The Pollyanna: She's always shown as good-natured and friendly, and was very resilient to Motoyama's initial coldness, repeatedly trying to get close to him no matter how awkward he would get.
- Only Friend: Due to the fact that she transferred during the term, Motoyama is her only friend so far.
First Year Students
A student in Class 1-3 and Jun Furuya's younger sister, who is the only other member of the Broadcast Club. She is, in his words, a "bro-con."
- Big Brother Attraction: Her brother (but not their mom) is very well aware of her brother complex, and she doesn't do much to hide, as she happily says that her brother doesn't need a girlfriend because he has her.
- "As a Girl" implies that she isn't actually attracted to her brother and that her overprotectiveness of him just comes out wrong.
- Big Brother Worship: While it's for debate where her feelings for her brother are actually incest, what is very clear is she does highly respect her brother and thinks he's amazing.
- Children Are Innocent: Downplayed. While she's old enough to understand what sex is, she doesn't realize that 'first time' and 'slept with' could refer to it.
- Cleaning Up Romantic Loose Ends: As she's the only kid in the series without a clear cut other character to work off of, she's given her own Love Interest in the very last Omake strip when she's a second year.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Overlaps with My Sister Is Off-Limits!, but Hotaru becomes murderous around Minagawa.
- Death Glare: Whenever the topic of Minagawa comes up.
- Hate at First Sight: Pretty much her reaction upon seeing Minagawa.
- It Runs in the Family: Both she and her brother are weak to teasing and are stubborn against Minagawa. Minagawa herself even notes the similarities in "My Brother's Girlfriend"'s reprise.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Shows signs of being this with Soma.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Inverted, she tries her best to stop her brother from dating Minagawa just because he likes her.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Hotaru refuses to admit that she's warming up towards her and slowly becoming more accepting of her relationship with her brother.
- Tsundere: Platonically towards Minagawa. She can switch from sweet to murderous and back again in the span of seconds.
- Voice Changeling: Hotaru's voice can rapidly change based on her mood, going from falsetto to deep in the same scene.
- You Keep Telling Yourself That: She actually likes and admires Minagawa, but dislikes her closeness to her brother.
A student in Class 1-3 and member of the Drama Club. Matsuura tries to teach her the ropes, to no avail because of Urara's naturally cutesy demeanor.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Urara wants Matsuura to be the one to teach her because the latter tries not get mad at her when she messes up.
- The Cutie: Lampshaded by Matsuura.
- Determinator: She really wants to pronounce the vocal exercises correctly even if she keeps messing them up. Matsuura eventually relents and helps her because of this.
- Friend to All Living Things: She apparently owns both dogs and cats.
- Giftedly Bad: She wants to get better at acting and at her pronunciation, but she's just not good at it, even with all of the practice she does out of school.
- Third-Person Person: Part of her cutesy manner of speaking.
- Verbal Tic: She tends to say "umyuu" and "hoeh."
A student in Class 1-6 who joined the Astronomy Club due to falling for Sasahara. He's known Nanase since they were kids.
- Childhood Friends: With Nanase. Unfortunately, he kind of ruined their relationship when he suggested they stop hanging around each other to stop rumors of them being an item. Upgraded to Childhood Friend Romance in the second "Spica" chapter.
- Hopeless Suitor: He liked Sasahara who's going out with Yukawa.
- Muscle Angst: Just a bit in one of the volume extras. When Sasahara says that her fetish is pecs, his and Nanase's responses show that he stares at his own lack of chest muscle in frustration.
- Oblivious to Love: He has no idea how hurt Nanase was when he stopped hanging out with her. Their "Spica" reveals that he already knew that she saw him as more than a friend, as has known for quite a while.
- She's Not My Girlfriend: It's happened with them so often, he tried to stop hanging out with Nanase in middle school to get people to stop it. He thinks he was doing her a favor as well by doing this. He couldn't be more wrong. Not to mention it doesn't stop Sasahara from thinking they're a couple.
A student in Class 1-9 and member of the Astronomy Club. She's known Kaga since they were kids.
- Childhood Friend Romance: She was hoping that kissing Kaga at the end of her introductory chapter would clue him in as to how she feels. It doesn't. Ultimately victorious in "Spica".
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She wants Kaga to know the truth about Sasahara already has a boyfriend so can have the chance to go out with him. On the other hand, she doesn't really want to see him getting hurt.
- Freudian Excuse: She used to be quite normal until Kaga starts to avoid her to stop the rumor of them going out and asks to stop calling each other's first name, turning her into a sullen person.
- He's Not My Boyfriend: She's been denying it since middle school too, but Kaga's more drastic measures likely made her realize how much he's meant to her. Now she mostly does this in response to him doing it as well.
- Second Love: In the end, she is this for Kaga. He reveals that he knew she liked him for a long time, and confessed his feelings for her in their version of "Spica".
- Secret Keeper: Shes the only one in the astronomy club who knows about Kagas crush on Sasahara and Sasahara having a boyfriend. She tries to keep these secrets since she feels that revealing them would make things awkward and to not hurt Kaga's feelings herself.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: She admits that she has a terrible personality and she shows it by constantly teasing Kaga. This caused from him who damaged their relationship in middle school that hurts her so much, causing her to become a lot more aloof.
- Tsundere: Deconstructed. Her abrasive behavior towards Kaga stemmed from him trying to distance their friendship in the past, and it also caused him to think that she hates him. At one point he snaps and said he don't want to see her face again, causing her to cry.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: She's anything but rude until Kaga unintentionally hurts her.
A student in Class 1-3 and member of the Karate Club. He admires Saejima for being the only one willing to make him more of man, unaware as to her interpreting his wish in a different manner.
- Adorkable: The main reason Saejima attracted to him.
- I Want to Be a Real Man: Takes karate in the hopes of becoming more masculine. However, he's rather too adorable to get that far.
- Love Revelation Epiphany: After being unaware for the longest time as to the misunderstanding between them, he suddenly starts looking at Saejima in a new light after she kisses him.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Romantic-example with Saejima, and a possible platonic example with Hotaru.
- Shrinking Violet: Male version, to the point someone saying boo could scare him.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: The Tiny Guy to Saejima's Huge Girl.
- Tiny Schoolboy: With height of 152cm, he's the shortest male protagonist in the series.
Third Year Students
The president of the Drama Club and the self-proclaimed "Love Master."
- Ambiguous Situation: It is eventually revealed that he was familiar with the Student Council from before Akagi entered the school, and Akagi's statements about his research into the topic suggests that Shinichi is either a serial repeater due to some undefined illness or possibly a ghost. Then Shinichi himself says that he can't explain because he doesn't want to alter Akagi's future, suggesting that he is in fact a time traveller. And then, after Akagi leaves the room, Shinichi coughs up a handful of blood, bringing us back to the original theory. And he may or may not have suffered from amnesia in at least one chapter. When one considers Shinichi and Akagi's personalities, everything is possible.
- "Santa Claus" shows once and for all at the end that Katori's secretly ill. He just plays it off as to not worry his friends and his "kittens".
- In his final chapter, he explains to Kazuko that he goes around helping people with love problems and then disappears (read: climbs a tree) after he solves hers. His very last appearance in the comics has him helping out another character with a completely different school uniform, implying that he's at a different school and that he's still a student. He may very well be some kind of benevolent spirit, if he's not just a chuuni.
- Big Brother Mentor: Quite a few chapters have him interacting with his juniors and giving them advice ... to their confusion.
- Bishie Sparkle: Katori actually glistens with youthful energy and grace.
- Blithe Spirit: He tells Kazuko that he only goes where he's needed in the matters of love, which explains why he suddenly appears whenever someone is having implicit romantic problems.
- Camp Straight: He's incredibly flamboyant but has only shown interests in girls.
- The Charmer: His lines are corny, but he carries them with such conviction that girls like Kazuko can't help but fall for him, even if it is not his intention.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: He walks around posing like a JoJo character, talks like a bad shoujo cliche and seems to believe that he is the target of a mysterious conspiracy due to his sheer popularity (which is fairly nonexistent itself, as most girls he interacts with find him annoying and weird more than anything else).
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: During the chapters where he interacts with Haruhiko, Chizuru and Kimihito, he manages to probe into their problems with surprising accuracy and provide insightful advice... while still acting as odd as ever.
- Flash Step: A Played for Laughs example, he can somehow do this.
- Gratuitous English: Has tendency to pepper his speech with these.
- Held Back in School: As it turns out, he hasn't graduated on time and is repeating his third year. His sickness might have something to do with it.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Akagi.
- Hidden Depths: Despite his over excited nature, he's extremely perceptive of people's emotions/insecurities and will help them work through it if given the chance.
- Informed Attribute: He claims to have made lots of girls cry by rejecting them, even though no one but Kazuko seems to be in love with him.
- Large Ham: The most dramatic and over the top character in the series by far.
- Kamehame Hadoken: A parody of one but he can somehow shoot his love as one.
- Made of Iron: Matsuura has beat him up, Kazuko has fallen on his stomach, Alice has thrown him out of a window, and Akagi has punched him in the face. He still always manages to recover.
- Mr. Fanservice: There are some pages of him with open shirt and nude covered by birds.
- Nice Guy: While he's pretty annoying, he's always been kind and helpful to everyone he talks to.
- Non-Uniform Uniform: He always wears the winter uniform without the jacket and with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.
- Oh, Crap!: In the manga, his eyes go blank as he watches Matsuura run towards him for a dropkick to the face.
- Perpetual Smiler: Because of his supreme confidence in his own "coolness" and "popularity with the kittens", very rarely will you ever find him without a smile.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: According to Kazuko, his love is off the scales ....
- Sempai/Kohai: Even though he rarely shows up for drama club, he's still a supportive senpai to Matsuura.
- Small Name, Big Ego: He says that hes popular, but most of the people he helps havent heard of him.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: He claims his good looks and charm will doom him to endlessly break the hearts of girls who can't help but fall for him.
- The Social Expert: He always seems to know what others are thinking when it comes to matters of the heart, able to give sound encouragement and comfort during times of distress.
- So Proud of You: Says this to Matsuura after her farewell performance to him, admiring the growth she's made in her club activities.
A yankee who ends up in a relationship with Akagi after getting caught smoking by him.
- Book Dumb: Ryoko states that while she studied like crazy to enter the school, she soon fell behind and lost interest which led her delinquent status.
- By "No", I Mean "Yes": She's always quick to push away Akagi's advances, even though she actually enjoys the affection and usually gives in.
- Character Development: She starts as a loner delinquent. After becoming Akagi's girlfriend she became more studious. When Shibasaki lost her mask, she worked hard to search it, showing that she really sees Shibasaki as her friend.
- Friendless Background: Before dating Akagi, she wasn't close to anyone in school.
- Going Cold Turkey: She had a habit of smoking after school, but at Akagi's request she kicks her addiction.
- Insecure Love Interest: At first she has trouble seeing why Akagi likes her considering her intelligence and spends a few chapters asking him.
- Japanese Delinquents: Ryoko bears the common traits of blonde hair, smoking while underage, and lacking effort in school.
- Official Couple: With Akagi.
- Paper Tiger: She has a tough and unruly disposition, but Akagi quickly learns she's actually rather shy and awkward.
- Perpetual Frowner: She regularly has a frown on her face fitting her status as a yankee.
- Shipper on Deck: After she sees Shibasaki and Ubukata meeting in the library, she notices that Shibasaki has feelings for Ubukata and tells her to go to him.
- Smoking Is Not Cool: She quits smoking soon after she and Akagi get together.
- Strong Family Resemblance: As we see in "Parent and Child", she and her mother look almost exactly alike save for hair style. Apparently they both have similar personalities too.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Even after they become a couple, Ryoko is frequently annoyed by Akagi's antics, but she still cares deeply for him enough to expresses concern about his worries, actually put some effort into school, and even quit smoking for him.
- Tsundere: Even after it's become obvious, she just can't be honest with how she feels about Akagi.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: She looks like a younger version of her mother.
The ever in-control Student Council President.
- Affectionate Nickname: He wants Ryoko to call him "Ma-kun."
- Bespectacled Bastard Boyfriend: A Played for Laughs and downplayed example. At worst, he's brutally honest but it's shown he really cares for Ryoko and does his best to help her.
- The Charmer: While he's not at Katori's level, Akagi certainly has his share of lines that can get a blush out of Ryoko.
- Consummate Liar: The line about not being interested in women he gave to Ryoko in the first chapter was a lie. He later admits he was already in love with her and used that to approach her.
- Covert Pervert: Despite his stoic attitude, it's shown that he's very interested in Ryoko's body.
- The Gadfly: He very much enjoys messing with Ryoko.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Katori.
- Official Couple: With Ryoko.
- OOC Is Serious Business: "Spending Time" has him punch Katori because he doesn't tell Akagi about his Ambiguous Situation until Akagi discovers it on his own.
- Opposites Attract: He finds himself attracted to Ryoko despite her being an unmotivated delinquent, completely unlike the student council president he is.
- Shipper on Deck: He supports Kazuko and Katori. Even telling her that he's entrusting his friend to her.
- The Stoic: He never seems to lose his cool, giving a straight face in just about any situation. Though there are moments where he almost gives in because of Ryoko, such as when he wanted to help her study but let her do it alone because she needs room to do things herself.
- Tears of Joy: The one time he's shown as not the flirtatious and helpful boyfriend is their last strip together, where he breaks down in happy tears after finding out Ryoko passed her final exams. Of course he covers his face for the whole reveal, but he's obviously overwhelmed.
- Understanding Boyfriend: He knows just how hard Ryoko's working to get her grades up, and reassures her whenever she's feeling insecure about herself or her status.
The current president of the Astronomy Club.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Played with, she would regular tell Yukawa that she liked him but always played it off as a joke out of fear till he graduated.
- Nice Girl: She's very kind and shows the cares about her club and it's members a lot.
- Odango Hair: They're so noticeable that Nanase sees her standing outside the classroom.
- Oblivious to Love: Has no idea about Kaga's crush on her.
- Official Couple: With her former sempai, Yukawa.
- Shipper on Deck: Ever since she saw Kaga and Nanase kiss, she's been shipping them.
- Tears of Joy: When Kaga and Nanase come back to club after skipping for a long time.
The president of the Karate Club. Due to a misunderstanding, she thinks that she and Soma have started dating.
- All Amazons Want Hercules: Saejima claims that the only type of guy she's interested in is one who can take her on in a fight. Though her reactions around Soma proves the opposite.
- Boobs of Steel: She's quite busty and was the president of the Karate Club before she had to step down.
- Cuteness Proximity: She just can't bring herself to lay a finger on Soma because of how cute she finds him.
- Huge Schoolgirl: With height of 175cm, she's the tallest female protagonist in the series.
- I'm Taking Him Home With Me: Despite her insistence that she only likes strong guys, this is her reaction whenever she's around Soma.
- I Will Wait for You: After Soma promises to become manlier and earn Saejima's approval, Saejima thinks to herself that she'll gladly wait as long as she needs to for that promise to be fulfilled.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: She is much more masculine than her "boyfriend" Soma.
- Nosebleed: She gets these a lot whenever Soma hugs her.
- Official Couple: With Soma...at least, she thinks they are after their introductory chapter.
- One Head Taller: Of the two, she's the bigger one in the relationship. Soma comes about to her shoulders.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: The Huge Girl to Soma's Tiny Guy.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Wears a ponytail and was the president of the Karate Club.
- Weakness Turns Her On: She likes the sensitive and timid Soma.
The president of the Tea Ceremony Club. Due to her secret love of rock music, she dons a kitsune mask to become "Miss Wabisabi" so that she may join the Light Music Club without anybody finding out.
- Insult of Endearment: Ubukata's "Pig" insult eventually becomes his pet nickname for her. He even calls her this, but affectionately this time, before their First Kiss.
- Mistaken for Gay: Her mother is misled to think she's in love with Kaji when the former catches her daughter saying she loves the latter.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: She often does this while showing off to Ubukata.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Nobody is fooled as to Miss Wabisabi's identity, but Uehara and Hattori at least try to play along.
- Security Blanket: The fox mask she wears as "Miss Wabisabi" allowed her a somewhat secure place to be herself, which eventually led her to be more open and honest without wearing it.
- Tsundere: The closer she gets to Ubukata, the more this shows up.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Sano.
The president of the Light Music Club. He doesn't think highly of "Miss Wabisabi."
- Berserk Button: Ubukata hates Shibasaki's antics as Miss Wabisabi.
- In-Series Nickname: Kyoko calls him "Ubu."
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The few times that Shibasaki is more or less honest with him, the more the heart of gold is able to shine.
- Love Confession: Finally tells Erika his feelings for her in "Nothing Uniting Me with You".
- The Stoic: He's expressive, but his face is pretty static throughout the series. Even when he blushes he looks more or less the same.
- Tsundere: Towards Shibasaki. Despite frequently butting heads with her, and swearing that he only finds her annoying, Ubukata starts to find himself thinking about her her during his free time and wondering what she plans to do after High School.
- When He Smiles: He genuinely smiles when he's actually enjoying hanging out with Shibasaki.
Ubukata's friends and fellow members of the Light Music Club (with the former being the Vice President). They're the club's bassist and drummer, respectively.
Erika's friend and the Vice President of the Tea Ceremony Club.
Former president of the Astronomy Club, having graduated the year before.
- Deadpan Snarker: Not that hard to be when your other club member is Sasahara.
- Long-Distance Relationship: With Sasahara. Despite having school between the both of them, they still have as loving a relationship as they can manage.
- Official Couple: With Sasahara.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: He plays the calm, reserved boyfriend to Sasahara's bubbly and energetic girlfriend.
A teacher in charge of Class 2-7 who seems to spend an awful lot of time with Chiba.
- Oblivious to Love: Even when Chiba says that she's in love with her teacher, he has a hard time grasping that the teacher in question is him. He becomes fully aware of the situation later on during Christmas break, and despite having feelings for her as well, puts the kabosh on them by drawing the line as teacher-student.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: When his glasses come off in Chapter 159, Chiba comments that his eyes are very beautiful.