This is a partial character sheet for Legend Heroes. Visit here for the main character index.
The Legend Heroes are Humans convinced by outside forces to compete to see their dream come true. Some fight for justice while others abuse theirs for personal gain. Only one can win and have their dream come true. Those that lose, lose their dream.
Eventually, it is revealed that The Dream Battle is an event held every 300 years designed to fuel the Earth and Heaven Realms and keep them stable, lest both realms vanish from existence.
The carefree heir to Do-Won-Kwan dojo. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed and his heart causes as many problems as it solves.
- Achilles in His Tent: Shuts himself in his room for a week after Zhan left.
- All-Loving Hero: He can't hate anyone regardless of their actions. This doesn't stop him from getting angry at them if they do something against his moral code, though.
- Action Survivor: Initially. He entered the Dream Battle without knowing anything about it, causing him to get through his first few battles by sheer luck and determination.
- Badass Normal: As he trains, he becomes....slightly....better at handling himself out of his Legend Hero Armor.
- Bash Brothers: He, Cao Cao and Sun Ce work very well together when they can stand each other for more than a minute or so.
- Bequeathed Power: He gets Mi Zhu's, Gonsung Zhan's and Ma Chao's Hero Pieces this way.
- Berserk Button: Threatening people is generally very good way to piss him off.
- Break the Cutie: Happens quite a bit. This otherwise gentle soul has to endure a lot of guilt and heartbreak along the Dream Battle.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Humble, clumsy, easy-going and soft on the outside....An absolute monster if you piss him off.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: He can't stop himself from helping people. He does try to reign himself in after He Jin exploits this, though.
- Comes Great Responsibility: He takes being a Legend Hero very seriously, which may be surprising considering his foolish tendencies. It has been used against him a couple times.
- Cool Gun: The Dragon Gun.
- Cool Sword: The Dragon Blade.
- The Determinator: He doesn't give up until he is on the ground, and usually not even then.
- Despair Event Horizon: He gets close to it after learning that defeating someone in battle means breaking their dream. Witnessing Cao Cao kill Dong Zhuo also goes into this territory.
- He finally crosses after seeing Gongsun Zan get eliminated and even though he recovers, it's not very long before Xu Shu dies protecting him.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: He holds Xu Shu as she is fading after she used all her life energy to save him from Dong Zhuo.
- The Ditz: Trips over himself all the time and is generally rather clumsy. He remains slightly clumsy, but everything else goes away through the time.
- Evil Costume Switch: He usually wears green, white and grey. When possesed by Golden Hawk Dragon, he switches to wearing black.
- Establishing Character Moment: Comes to Xu Shu's aid after she inadvertently steals something without knowing, angering the shopkeepers.
- Face Palm: In reaction to Mi Zhu's antics as a Legend Hero.
- The Fool: Clumsy, dimwitted, kind hearted. And the list goes on. He admits this while under the influence of Zhang Lu's feather.
- Friend to All Living Things: It doesn't matter whether you're human, Hero Piece or Angel. He will love you anyway if you give him a chance.
- The Hero: The main protagonist of the series.
- Idiot Hero: Loud, brash, trusting and dimwitted.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Tied to him being an All-Loving Hero. Nothing can shake his trust and loveof those close to him. Being hit with Zhang Lu's feather makes other people Take A Level In Jerkass. It makes him overly apologetic and blubbery.
- Inelegant Blubbering: When Xu Shu dies and when he thinks Zhuge Liang died.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: His mythological motif as Legend Hero Guan Yu.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Legend Hero Guan Yu is designed for all-around combat and has options at close and long range at the cost of not having a specialty.
- Leeroy Jenkins: He jumps into a lot of events headfirst multiple times.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Legend Hero Zhang Fei's Turtle Buckler can be used as an excellent shield.
- Luminescent Blush: In #19 after seeing the pop idol Rina in person. Gongsun Zan is not amused.
- Meaningful Name: Named after the ruler of the Shu Kingdom Liu Bei in Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
- Multiform Balance: Along with Sun Ce and Cao Cao, he cancels out his lack of gimmickry with the ability to use multiple Hero Pieces for different specialties.
- My God, What Have I Done?: His reaction to being told that defeated Legend Heroes lose their dreams. He is even worse off after his trusting demeanor caused exactly this to happen to Gonsung Zhan.
- Moment Killer: Rushing between Wang Yun and Tae-O during an important conversation causes this. Wang takes it in stride. Tae-O not so much.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: His adamant belief that Lina is innocent nearly kills him and causes Zhan to be eliminated from the Dream Battle while protecting him.
- This Cannot Be!: Upon realizing that the phoenix Legend Hero he sees in his dream is Cao Cao. Or Is It?
- Team Chef: He is an excellent cook. Everyone, even the peckish Zhuge Liang, loves his cooking.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Meat. It doesn't seem he prefers any way of preparation. Fridge Brilliance states this is because meat is expensive in South Korea and thus a treat to someone in Perpetual Poverty.
- Oh, Crap!: When Gongsung Zhan walks in on Liu Be's clumsy fits.
- Perpetual Poverty: He is apparently the main reason for why Do-Won-Kwan is consistently borderline-bankrupt; to Gongsun Zan's eternal chagrin.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After Gonsung Zhan is eliminated from Dream Battle and Xu Shou dies. Lina and Dong Zhou got knocked on their respective asses very quickly.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: His brash nature makes him the Red to nearly everyone, especially Gongun Zan and Tae-O/ Cao Cao.
- Rude Hero, Nice Sidekick: Reversed with him and Zhuge Liang.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes / Red Eyes, Take Warning: When possesed by Golden Hawk Dragon, his eyes flash with golden light.
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: His Hero Pieces discuss why he didn't shoot Dong Zhou in revenge for killing Xu Shou.
The responsible sibling to Liu Bei and the other heir to Do-Wo-Kwan. She takes care of the Dojo and keeps Liu Bei in line....to varying degrees of success.
- Action Girl: She is the more experienced fighter of the two and also the more disciplined.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: After being shot by Zhang Lu's feather, she takes a level in Jerkass and goes to fight Liu Bei.
- Big Damn Heroes: She enters the scene with style and saves Liu Bei from Lina in #20.
- Badass Normal: Formidable fighter even without transforming into a Legend Hero.
- Deadpan Snarker: To Liu Bei, frequently.
- Ear Ache: Inflicts this on Liu Bei in #16 when she pulls him up by ears.
- Fragile Speedster: As Legend Hero Zhao Yun. She can wield the Unicorn Spear at blazing speeds, but isn't as physically hardy as Liu Bei.
- Hot-Blooded: She usually plays the Blue oni to Liu Bei, being better at hiding her emotions. If she gets sufficiently pumped up however, she's Not So Above It All.
- Honor Before Reason: She can be very prideful at times, especially when the Do-Won-Kwan Dojo comes under any sort of scrutiny.
- Major Injury Underreaction: The first thing Zan does after being wounded in her fight with Lina is berate Liu Bei for being stupid.
- Meaningful Name: Named after a prominent figure in Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
- Not What It Looks Like: When Liu Bei puts a ring on her finger in a way that makes it look like they are getting engaged, she flips out. It Makes Sense in Context.
- Perpetual Poverty: She's the only reason that Do-Won-Kwan isn't outright bankrupt.
- Put On The Bus: She leaves after losing her dream of being the next head of Do-Wong-Kwan because she was defeated protecting Liu Bei.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Played With. The blue to Liu Bei's red. She is better at controlling herself and overall more cautious, but can be just as hot blooded when her composure cracks.
- The Smurfette Principle: The only female Legend Hero until #19. Ironically, only until #20 when both are defeated.
- Played straight alignment-wise. She's the only female Legend Hero to have a moral code.
- Screaming Warrior: Uses plenty of battle screams.
- Tsundere: She really cares about Liu Bei, but she'll hide a Hidden Heart of Gold 2/3rds of the time.
- Gongsun Zan: If you get hurt because you were wrong, I'll be the first one to kick your ass!
- Unicorn: Her motif as Zhao Yun.
The temporary master assigned to the Do-Wan-Kwan Dojo as well as the first Legend Hero Liu Bei faces.
- A Load of Bull: His suit design evokes this. He even charges with his helmet horns!
- Bully Brutality: A Lighter and Softer example, but Liu Bei gets wailed on by He Jin and his flunkies constantly.
- Epic Flail: Wields a massive spiked ball/chain combo as Legend Hero Wang Kuang.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Implied to work those that train under him to the bone when he isn't treating them like utter garbage.
- Jerkass: Acts like a total jerk to Liu Bei.
- Mythology Gag: It'd be remiss not to note the near-similarities between The Karate Kid and the feud between Liu Bei and He Jin.
- Starter Villain: The first Legend hero fought by Liu Bei.
- Sympathy for the Devil: Liu Bei by no means liked him, but hated himself for eliminating He Jin from the Dream Battle, destroying his dream of being a martial arts champion in the process.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: After the first two Episodes, we never see him again.
- Would Hurt a Child: Was willing to put children in danger in order to lure out Liu Bei.
The eccentric, selfish leader of The Mi Zhu Brothers and later a student of Do-Won-Kwan.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Falls in love with Gongsun Zan for awhile. He gets beat up for his advances.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Wants the Mi Zhu Brothers to Take Over the World. All they really do is rob food stores and generally be various kinds of Jerkass.
- Big Damn Heroes: He, along with his brothers, develop balls of such brass that they attack Legend Hero Sima Yan with mops and assorted slapstick in the Finale just to get the Angel Piece needed to save Liu Bei's life to Zhuge Liang.
- Casanova Wannabe
- Friendship Denial: Played straight, then Averted. Denies being friends with Liu Bei at first, seeing him as little more than the medium through which he charms Gongsun Zan. The friendship soon becomes real.
- Go Out with a Smile: As he's being petrified by Sima Yan, he gives Zhuge Liang an affirmative smile as he acknowledges Liu Bei as a friend. He, along with the other people petrified recover when Sima Yan is defeated.
- Hazy Feel Turn: Joins the Do-Wan-Kwan Dojo after being eliminated solely to get closer to Gongsun Zan....
- HeelFace Turn: ... Only to become an ally and student for real.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his sleazy demeanor, he has at least one or two redeeming qualities. He grows more through Character Development.
- Just a Machine: During his incredibly brief stint as Legend Hero Zhang Fei, he sees the Zhang Fei Hero Piece as little more than a tool to be used and abused, outright telling him such. Liu Bei eventually convinces Zhang Fei to stop working for such a Bad Boss.
- Locked Out of the Loop: After being eliminated from the Dream Battle and losing his memories, he's kept ignorant to issues going forward until he stumbles into a nearly-petrified Liu Bei in #49.
- Out of Focus: After his initial episodes, he's mostly a background character; He doesn't even appear at all in some cases.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Compared to Liu Bei and Gongsun Zan, very much so. Then again, those two are a low bar to set.
- The Confidant: Liu Bei goes to him for advice at least a few times.
- Took a Level in Kindness: After being eliminated from the Dream Battle, he spends the rest of the show growing from slightly unpleasant third wheel to an actual friend of Liu Bei's.
- With Friends Like These...: How Liu Bei sees him at first.
- Royal Harem: As part of his dream to Take Over the World, he wants this. It's the dream that gets shattered when he's eliminated from the Dream Battle.
The current master of the Do-Won-Kwan Dojo that visits now and again.
- Badass Grandpa
- Big Good
- Cool Old Guy: Despite being a man of age, he's a very approachable and funny guy.
- Hidden in Plain Sight: Averted. There is zero indication that he and Hua Tuo are in any way the same person until Zhuge Liang brings it up.
- I Know You Arein Theresomewhere Fight: When Liu Bei is nearly taken over by the Golden Hawk Dragon that lets him become Legend Hero Imperial, Legend Hero Hua Tuo arrives to help the others calm Bei down. Zhuge Liang lets slip his true identity.
- Keep the Reward: When he won the Dream Battle 300 years ago, he reneged his one-wish reward and simply re-entered the competition instead.
- Long-Distance Relationship: Is in one with a woman from America named Elizabeth.
- Old Master
- Older Than They Look: He's at least 300-or-so years old, given his participation in the last Dream Battle.
- Secret Test of Character: He puts Liu Bei and Gongsun Zan through Training from Hell to determine who would be the successor to Do-Won-Kwan. He makes them both co-successors.
- Legend Hero Hua Tuo only seems to arrive whenever Liu Bei's confidence is at it's lowest.....Hmm.
- Stealth Mentor: Lu Zhi is actually Legend Hero Hua Tuo, the eccentric Legend Hero that pesters Liu Bei whenever he's de-moralized. Given that Lu Zhi is actually the previous champion of the last Dream Battle, it's no wonder.
- The Mentor: Becomes this to the young Liu Bei and Gongsun Zan prior to the start of the show when he saves their orphanage from loan sharks.
The current de-jure manager to Gang-Dong-Kwan Dojo. Keyword being "de-jure."
- Badass Normal: Definitely the most well-trained of the Legend Heroes out-of-armor.
- Bash Brothers: He, Liu Bei and Cao Cao work very well together when they can stand each other for more than a minute or so.
- Big Brother Mentor: Was this to Sun Quan before discovering his heart illness.
- Convenient Coma: Is put into one thanks to nearly overclocking his heart during the battle against the Dark Warlords. His little brother, through Loophole Abuse, is able to fight as Taishi Ci in his place.
- Establishing Character Moment: Begins his tenure by challenging Liu Bei and Gongsun Zan to many martial arts demonstrations and steals their center's sign when they lose, despite that practice having been abolished centuries ago.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Sun Ce refuses to acknowledge Liu Bei and Gongsun Zan until they defeat him in combat. Once Liu Bei defeats him, the two begin working together and develop a friendship..... When Zhou Yu isn't busy using his pride to get him to antagonize Liu Bei, anyway.
- Idiot Hero: Incredibly kind-hearted and quick to defeat evil. Has the social intelligence of a brick.
- Handicapped Badass: Revealed to be one once his heart illness becomes known to Liu Bei and the others.
- Hero Antagonist: Whenever Zhou Yu abuses his low intellect and social skills to pit him against Liu Bei.
- Honor Before Reason: Has immense pride in his family and his martial arts school. If he thinks either of those are being threatened, he seemingly loses the ability to reason and will lash out. Zhou Yu uses this against him a lot.
- Innocently Insensitive: Having No Social Skills, Sun Ce tends to be ignorant to the feelings of others and often assumes everyone thinks like him.
- Leeroy Jenkins: His modus operandi.
- Living on Borrowed Time: Upon finding out about his weak heart, Sun Ce rushed to pass all of his arts and techniques down to his brother and his Dojo through a special book, even becoming The Drifter in the process. Unfortunately, he didn't count on how it would affect his siblings, leading to their currently strained relationship.
- Momma's Boy: Even the foolish Sun Ce is putty in the hands of his overbearing mother.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Is convinced by Zhou Yu that Liu Bei is in love with his sister. Immediately pounces on Liu Bei for a time over it.
- No Social Skills: His biggest flaw. Due to being so fixated on being The Drifter and honing his martial arts, he's insanely easy to manipulate and can be inadvertently insensitive to most people. For example, He kept his heart illness to himself while over-working his little brother to the point of being hated.
- Old-School Chivalry: Participates in the abolished tradition of "conquering centers." note
- Swiss Army Weapon: The Battle Troica can act as a drill, a wrist-mounted crossbow and a chainsaw-sword.
- The Drifter: Sun Ce often leaves the Dojo in search of adventure, to the chagrin of every other member of his family.
- Threatening Shark: One of Taichi Ci's Legend Machines is a mechanical shark.
- This Is a Drill: Legend Hero Taichi Ci usually wields his signature weapon the Battle Troica in Drill Mode.
- Unwitting Pawn
The younger brother of Sun Ce. He doesn't seem to be the Martial Arts Nut his older brother is....
- Aloof Big Brother: Deconstructed. Quan sees Sun Ce as this, but it couldn't be further from the truth.
- Badass Normal: Having been trained by Sun Ce and Gang-Dong-Kwan, kind of a given.
- Bequeathed Power: Sun Quan gains Sun Ce's Legend Changer and Hero Pieces once the latter is hospitalized.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Neither he nor Sun Shangxiang knew about Sun Ce's weak heart, leading them both to think he was just being neglectful.
- Loophole Abuse: When Sun Ce is hospitalized, Zhou Yu is approached by Quan, who wants to fight in the Dream Battle on behalf of Sun Ce. Since he doesn't have a dream of his own, he can take Sun Ce's place just fine.
- Martial Pacifist: Played With. Due to his hatred of Sun Ce, he began hating martial arts as well. This escalated to the point that he wouldn't even use Gang-Dong-Kwan to defend himself. When his life is on the line however, he can kick just as much tail as his brother.
- Sibling Rivalry: Hates his brother for awhile due to an abrupt change from being a Big Brother Mentor to a Drill Sergeant Nasty that put him through Training from Hell. There was more to it.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Every trope that applies to Legend Hero Taishi Ci applies to Quan due to replacing Ce in the Dream Battle.
- Vicariously Ambitious: Sun Quan has no dream of his own to bet in the Dream Battle, so Zhou Yu allows him to transform into Legend Hero Taishi Ci in his place.
The true manager of the Gang-Dong-Kwan Dojo that sees martial arts as a business.
- Aborted Arc: She develops an actual crush on Liu Bei eventually, but never actually confesses.
- Badass Normal: Being the leader of the Gang-Dong-Kwan Dojo, kind of a given.
- Death of Personality: Zhang Liao tries repeatedly to get Sun Ce to accept that Shangxiang is gone and that she is in control. He doesn't listen.
- Demonic Possession: She is implanted with the Zhang Liao Hero Piece by Sima Yi, turning her into a Dark Warlord.
- Enemy Mine: Since she thinks of martial arts as a business, she's ecstatic to enter into a partnership with Do-Won-Kwan to boost both dojos' sales numbers, even going so far as moving into the Do-Wan-Kwan dojo.
- Hate at First Sight: It's implied that she and Gongsun Zan hated each other from the moment they met. They still haven't buried the hatchet and constantly try to one-up each other.
- I Know You Arein Theresomewhere Fight: Sun Ce tries multiple times to release Shangxiang from the Zhang Liao piece's possession. He succeeds, but over-clocks his heart doing so.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Neither she nor Sun Quan knew about Sun Ce's weak heart, leading them both to think he was just being neglectful.
- Martial Arts and Crafts: In an effort to boost membership of both Dojos, Shangxiang advertises Do-Won-Kwan as a martial arts/educational tool that can teach children English and Math. Liu Bei doesn't like it.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Gets subject to the drama that ensues from Zhou Yu's manipulation of Sun Ce into thinking she and Liu Bei were a couple.
- Unwitting Pawn: Her and Liu Bei were photographed in questionable positions by Zhou Yu to fool Sun Ce into thinking she and Bei were having an affair and get the two men to fight.
An up-and-coming rookie officer turned Knight Templar with a lot of tactical potential.
- Aloof Ally: Whenever he works with Liu Bei and co., he's the least expressive of the group.
- Badass Normal: Is definitely trained in various martial arts....but can be swatted away by an armored Legend Hero.
- Bash Brothers: He, Liu Bei and Sun Ce work very well together when they can stand each other for more than a minute or so.
- BFS: Legend Hero Xiahou Dun wields on in his right hand.
- BFG: As Legend Hero Xiahou Yuan.
- Broken Ace: An ex-police officer with nearly-superhuman detective ability that goes rogue after losing faith in the mere detaining of criminals.
- Cowboy Cop: An excellent field officer, but tends to fly solo to the chagrin of his cohorts.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Clutches Wang Yun as he dies.
- The Dragon: Inadvertently becomes this to his own Angel, Sima Yi. After Sima Yi tricks him into absorbing the power of the Dark Pentagon, it becomes clear that Cao Cao is the one carrying out Sima Yi's will and not the other way around, despite Cao Cao nominally being Sima Yi's warlord.
- Enemy Mine: Is often forced by circumstances to work with Liu Bei despite hating him. Teaming up with Sun Ce leaves out the hate, but otherwise goes about the same.
- Evil Makeover: Legend Hero Kaiser replaces the yellow of Xiahou Dun's typical color scheme with black.
- Evil Mentor: A loose definition of "evil," but Cao Cao kills Dong Zhuo and eliminates other Legend Heroes in an attempt to convince Liu Bei to embrace his Knight Templar philosophy. All it does is put them more at-odds.
- Establishing Charactermoment: His first action on-screen is to effortlessly take out a group of trained bank-robbers and discover Dong Zhuo's secret smuggling route without notifying his fellow officers.
- FaceHeel Turn: Sima Yi convinces him to absorb the powers of the Dark Pentagon to win the Dream Battle. Instead, he's just being groomed as an Unwitting Pawn for Sima Yi's scheme to possess him and Take Over the World.
- Foil: Liu Bei and Cao Cao are this to each other. Both men were thrust into the Dream Battle by outside circumstances and both have a sense of justice. However, Liu Bei is an All-Loving Hero that bursts with compassion and follows a Martial Pacifist mindset while Cao Cao is a Knight Templar that prefers to be Judge, Jury, and Executioner and has no problems with having to Shoot the Dog.
- Grand Theft Me: Is taken over by Sima Yi using an Angel Piece.
- Ho Yay: His idolization of Wang Yun can at times be construed as....something else.
- If You Kill Him, You Will Be Just Like Him: Liu Bei says something to this effect to deter Cao Cao from killing Dong Zhuo. It doesn't take.
- Ironic Echo: Dong Zhuo insults Liu Bei's fighting ability. A while later, Cao Cao repeats the insult and shoots Liu Bei from point-blank range.
- Jerk-to-Nice-Guy Plot: Inverted, but later played straight. Tae-O was stoic, if approachable prior to Wang Yun's death. Once this happens, he transitions into an Unfettered Knight Templar. However, after being forced to fight alongside Liu Bei some more, he gradually begins to warm up again. Then he gets tricked by Sima Yi into undergoing a FaceHeel Turn, before turning fully good once again.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: When he isn't operating in Well-Intentioned Extremist mode, he's this.
- Knight of Cerebus: Anytime he takes point in an episode, expect any comedy to fly out of the window. But when he takes the spotlight (well, limelight) in some of the later episodes, expect more of it.
- Knight Templar: Thinking that most people are inherently irredeemable and killing a mobster based solely on that line of reasoning will turn anyone into one. It even causes him to quit the police force.
- Morality Pet: Diaochan is the only person he will smile for.
- Liu Bei tries to be this to Cao Cao, but is unable to.
- Mythology Gag: Legend Hero Xiahou Dun's left eye has a fractured design compared to the generic other. note
- Not So Above It All: Liu Bei walks in on him playing horsey with Diaochan while visiting Wang Yun.
- Renowned Selective Mentor: Tae-O sees Wang Yun as this after the former saves him from kidnappers as a child, making his decision to give his Jewel Sword Award to Liu Bei instead of him all the more a shock.
- Shoot the Dog: Has no issues eliminating Legend Heroes that he feels act above the law despite the knowledge that it crushes their dreams.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: Firmly occupies the Cynical side after Dong Zhuo shoots Wang Yun down in front of his eyes.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Legend Hero Kaiser, the result of absorbing the power of the Dark Pentagon.
- The Comically Serious: Rarely breaks expression in front of even the goofiest of balls.
- Perpetual Frowner: He has three usual settings: scowl, deeper scowl and Death Glare.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Implied with his civilian clothes (red shirt, black jacket, black jeans) and played straight with Legend Hero Kaiser, that adds black to his otherwise primarily red usual form.
- The Resenter: Wang Yun asks Tae-O to give the Jewel Sword, an award he'd received during his police tenure, to Liu Bei upon his death. Tae-O begins resenting Liu Bei from then-on.
- The Rival: Becomes one to Liu Bei due to their clashing philosophies. Just in case the poster on the main page didn't quite tip you off.
- The Unfettered: Leaves the police force and fully embraces his Cowboy Cop persona upon becoming a Legend Hero. He even goes so far as to break Dong Zhuo out of prison just to kill him personally.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Eliminates other Legend Heroes and kills Dong Zhuo with impunity due to his belief that those commit any act of evil once are permanently irredeemable.
An elite officer in the local police force investigating the Bear Family.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Wields the Legend Hero power of one of the most notorious backstabbers in history. Couldn't be a more upstanding man.
- Character Death
- Broken Ace: He is elite officer and powerful Legend Hero, but he has no time for his daughter and still mourns his wife.
- Forced into Evil: Is blackmailed by Dong Zhuo into eliminating Liu Bei and Gongsun Zan from the Dream Battle with his daughter's life at stake. He gets better when a Mook holding onto her undergoes a HeelFace Turn and proves her to be perfectly safe.
- Killed Off for Real
- Let's You and Him Fight: Played With. Was in cahoots with Bei and Zan from the get-go to pretend to fall for Dong Zhuo's Forced into Evil scheme while Tae-O rescues Diaochan.
- Secret Identity: Played With in terms of his daughter Diaochan, who plays with his Lu Bu Hero Piece regularly. She probably doesn't know her father's actively in combat.
- Secret Test of Character: Takes advantage of Liu Bei's trusting nature and desire to get "Legend Hero Lu Bu" to work with them to stop Dong Zhuo attack him and gauge his personality.
- Steam Punk: Legend Hero Lu Bu's shoulder pauldrons can emit steam and resemble motor exhaust pipes.
- The Mentor: Has a relationship along these lines with Tae-O when the latter joins the police force.
- If he hadn't died, he probably would've taken this role for Liu Bei too.
- When You Coming Home, Dad?: It's no wonder a workaholic has no time for his daughter.
The leader of a gang of bank robbers called "The Bear Family." Soon becomes his own brand of baddie.
- Arc Villain: As opposed to other villains in the series, Dong Zhuo basically has an entire arc spanning over four episodes dedicated to him.
- Back from the Dead: After being killed by Cao Cao, he returns Thanks to Zhang Jue.
- Bears Are Bad News: Given that the Bear Family is a team of bank-robbers.
- Disc-One Final Boss: Is a threatening enemy to Liu Bei and his gang before being defeated. Then Zhang Jue starts becoming proactive....
- Damn, It Feels Good to Be a Gangster!: Enjoys his pillaging quite a bit.
- Evil Is Petty: He uses his powers of Legend Hero to commit steal anything he feels like stealing. Also, upon his revival by Zhang Jue, he immediately guns for Liu Bei to settle their debts.
- Evil Makeover: Well, he was already evil, but upon his revival, his hair is grown out and he generally just looks uglier.
- Fat Bastard: Fat? Check. Bastard? Double-check.
- More Dakka: As Legend Hero Hua Xiong, he wields a Tommy-gun that sprays bullets everywhere.
- The Don: Prior to his revival, he wore an outfit that evokes this.
- Villainous Glutton: Upon his revival, he begins seeking out people to leech Hero Power from and alludes to "devouring" quite a bit.
- We Have Reserves: Has no value for his "family members" and would gladly sell out his men to satisfy his greed. This prompts a Mook into a HeelFace Turn that spoils Dong Zhuo's blackmail scheme against Wang Yun.
Li Jue and Guo Si
Twin Jerkass rock-star wannabes who simply want to spread rock-and-roll throughout the world.
- A House Divided: When Li Jue and Guo Si manage to defeat Liu Bei and Gongsun Zan in combat with their impressive teamwork, Zhao Yun spreads seeds of jealousy among the two to get them to pick at each other.
- Bash Brothers: Their teamwork is....iffy at times, but they work well together when they want to.
- Big Damn Heroes: They and the other Mi Zhu Brothers intervene to help Zhuge Liang get the Angel Piece needed to save Liu Bei's life.
- Egocentric Team Naming: Their rock band is called "Flyquito." Given their song and animal themes, quite fitting.
- Flies Equals Evil: Li Jue's suit is themed after a fly....and he's not the nicest of men.
- Friend to Bugs: Assuming their song about flies, mosquitoes and poo isn't just Word Salad.
- Gale-Force Sound: Their primary method of attack.
- Goldfish Poop Gang: They're the most proactive and the most frequent of Liu Bei's minor enemies.
- Go Out with a Smile: Upon Being eliminated from the Dream Battle permanently, their last action is to raise their hands to the sky and make horn-signs with their hands.note
- Instrument of Murder: Legend Heroes Yang Feng and Wen Chou wield a guitar and drum-kit respectively, as do their Legend Machines.
- Perky Goth: When they perform as Flyquito.
- Refuge in Audacity: The song they typically play amounts to this; being an odd ballad about the redeeming qualities of flies and mosquitoes.....and how their poo is better than yours.
- Those Two Guys: They're never seen flying solo, even when they're in-fighting.
An upbeat worker that shares many of Liu Bei's clumsy and eccentric tendencies.
- Bat Out of Hell: Legend Hero Zhang Kai can fire bat-projections and glide in mid-air.
- Commonality Connection: Tao Qian and Liu Bei hit it off almost immediately, gushing over their inability to wash clothes and their frugal eating habits.
- Chekhov's Gun: Tao Qian implies that he has a past that made him into the man he is now. Cao Cao is revealed to have been the officer that pardoned Tao Qian from being taken to jail when he was a teenager.
- Defector from Decadence: See The Atoner below.
- Hero Antagonist: When infected with Zhang Lu's Hate Plague feather.
- I Know You Arein Theresomewhere Fight: Subverted. Liu Bei is unaware of the hypno-feather at first, but still thinks that Tao Qian is a good person that can be redeemed. Cao Cao has other ideas.
- Just Like Robin Hood: He only stole from banks to procure money for his mother's medications.
- Put on a Bus: After being liberated from Zhang Lu's hypno-feather and being eliminated, we don't see him again until the Dark Warlord arc.
- Reformed, but Rejected: Tao Qian has become as straight as an arrow, but Cao Cao guns for him the moment they meet again. Zhang Lu's hypno-feather does not help.
- Refuge in Audacity: One of the first things he and Liu Bei bond over are their re-usage and re-stitching of their clothes. Zhang Fei and Guan Yu are....not impressed.Zhang Fei: (As he and Guan Yu watch the two men show each other their stitch-up used socks) I can't stand this any longer. It's gross and sad.
- The Atoner: Was formerly a thief well known for his safe-picking abilities and is now trying to go straight.
- The Corrupter: His Hero Piece, oddly enough. Zhang Kai tries to encourage him to return to thievery. It doesn't take.
- Took A Level In Jerk Ass: Was one of the first people snagged by Zhang Lu's hypno-feathers, turning him into a greedy thief.
An embittered fortune-teller that seems to hate everyone.
- Anti-Villain: Thinks his feathers bring out people's "true selves." It's clear that he's actually just lashing out.
- Blind Weaponmaster: Can wield his fan quite well despite not being able to see.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Has no idea why Liu Bei is kind to others despite their wickedness. He's even more shocked when his feather makes Liu Bei apologetic instead of a Jerkass.
- Handicapped Badass: He is blind, but it doesn't impair his fighting ability all so much.
- Let's You and Him Fight: When he's double-teamed by Liu Bei and Gongsun Zan, he infects Zan with a feather to turn her on Liu Bei.
- Noodle Incident: We never find out what exactly made him hate others so, though betrayal is implied.
- Mean Boss: Toward Yu Ji very much so.
- Misanthrope Supreme: A Noodle Incident in his youth caused him to develop a hatred toward just about every person in the world.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: The Yu Ji Hero Piece absolutely adores his warlord and hates his inability to see the good in people.
- Hates Everyone Equally: Exactly What It Says on the Tin. He hates everyone regardless of who they are, because to him (a blind person) everyone is the same.
- Hate Plague: Zig-zagged. He explains that his hypno-feathers infect other people and turn them into antagonistic Jerkasses motivated by their darkest desires. Most of his victims just seem to attack whoever's nearby instead.
- The Power of Friendship: Liu Bei discovers that upon reminding the infected of a positive memory or reinforcing a bond, the feather infecting them pops out on it's own.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Liu Bei sees him thank children who helped him down stairs post losing in Dream Battle.
A local pop idol icon that may be the target for an anti-idol Legend Hero.
- Beauty Equals Goodness: A staunch believer in this upon her revival.
- Corporate Warfare: Uses the power of Legend Hero Wan Liang to sully the faces of other Idols and force them underground so that she can be #1.
- Evil Diva: She's the Legend Hero attacking other Idols all along to sabotage them.
- Evil Is Petty: She uses her powers as Legend Hero to get rid of her rivals and become #1.
- False Friend: Exploits Sun Ce's Idiot Hero tendencies to make him into a bodyguard that leads her to other Legend Heroes.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Upon her re-entry into the Dream Battle, she has one above her right eye, given to her by Cao Cao.
- Hazy Feel Turn: Seems slightly receptive to the idea that looks aren't everything, but is too stubborn to actually relent until after she's eliminated again.
- Idol Singer
- Rings of Death: Legend Hero Wan Liang wields a pair.
- Spoiled Brat: Quickly revealed to be this, having obscene demands for food and luxuries.
- Villainous Crush: Implied to have developed one on Liu Bei during his time as her bodyguard. Flies out of the window when she eliminates Gongsun Zan from the Dream Battle.
- Whip It Good: As Legend Hero Wen Chou, she flings a thorned whip around.
The son of a fireworks manufacturer whose father has reduced himself to a Corrupt Corporate Executive.
- Anti-Villain: Attacked his father's fireworks stock to sabotage his business and remember the bond the two shared.
- Archnemesis Dad: Sees his father as this for a time.
- Bequeathed Power: After having been eliminated by Dong Zhuo, he entrusts the Hua Xiong Hero Piece to Liu Bei.
- Daddy Issues: His father used to be a Nice Guy until he began making profits from his fireworks manufacturing and became a Gold Digger.
- I Am Not My Father
- Itgets Better: Thanks to Liu Bei, Liu Qi and his father bond once more with each other with the memory of an old promise.
- Parental Neglect: The motivation for sabotaging his father's business.
- Ominous Owl: Legend Hero Hua Xiong is themed after an owl and isn't very friendly.... at first.
A boxer with a brutal, nihilistic outlook on life.
- Aloof Big Brother: To Liu Bei. At first.
- Bash Brothers: After Liu Bei and Liu Zhang make up, the two of them fight alongside one another to deal with a batch of Zhang Jue's Tao Troops.
- Battle Aura: When Ma Chao is "fired up," the Legend Changer is covered in fire.
- Bequeathed Power: Liu Zhang eliminates himself by slamming his Legend Changer into a wall, giving Liu Bei the Ma Chao Hero Piece needed to convince Zhuge Liang to join him.
- Catchphrase: "Life is just like a jungle."
- Locked Out of the Loop: Averted. Liu Bei reveals to his brother that he's a Legend Hero the day he comes to the Dojo.
- Long-Lost Relative: Revealed to be Liu Bei's brother prior to his becoming an orphan.
- Parental Abandonment: Zig-zagged. Went out on an errand and was in a car accident. He came home after a few days, only to see that Liu Bei had left.
- Panthera Awesome: Legend Hero Ma Chao has a Tiger aesthetic.
- Playing with Fire: Legend Hero Ma Chao's Legend Changer can erupt in flames if the Hero Piece is angry enough.
- Refusal of the Call: After eliminating himself, he loses interest in boxing and leaves town for parts unknown.
- Sanity Slippage: It's implied that the Ma Chao Hero Piece is suffering from some variation on this.
- Sibling Rivalry: Is revealed to be the Legend Hero attacking boxers. Liu Bei is shocked and terrified at having to fight his brother.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: The upbeat, All-Loving Hero Liu Bei against his Darwinistic, no-nonsense brother.
- The Berserker: The Ma Chao Hero Piece can get "fired up," making it hard for it's owner to control.
- The Social Darwinist: After having both lost Liu Bei and having had his legs broken the day before an important boxing match, he adopted this mentality.Liu Zhang: After I lost you, I understood that this world is like a jungle.
- Tiger Versus Dragon: The tiger-themed Legend Hero Ma Chao against the dragon-themed Legend Hero Guan Yu.
A member of the Mi Zhu brothers that falls in love with a local school teacher.
- Anti-Villain: Steals from various entertainment venues to satisfy the wishes of the teacher he has a crush on.
- Badass Normal: Ha ha....No.
- Big Damn Heroes: He and the other Mi Zhu Brothers scramble to claim the Angel Piece needed to save Liu Bei's life from Sima Yan.
- Hopeless Suitor: Is in love with a local teacher. she's merely using him to satisfy the wishes of the children she teaches.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain
- Joke Character: Seems to have the lowest fighting ability of the Legend Heroes, relying on bullets infused with bad-smelling gas and....party favors.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Compared to the other Legend Heroes, he's used more for this.
- Smelly Skunk: As Legend Hero Pang Feng, yes.
- Snarky Non-Human Sidekick: The Pang Feng Hero Piece constantly reinforces how fed-up he is with his warlord's romantic antics and espouses actually wanting to win the Dream Battle.
- Unrequited Love Switcheroo: After being eliminated from the Dream Battle by Cao Cao, he no longer finds the teacher attractive when she actually tries to return his advances and seemingly forgets his crush on her entirely.
A reporter with an arrogant disposition.
- Battle in the Center of the Mind: The Legend Heroes battle Yuan Shu for the final time within his Mental World.
- Hazy Feel Turn: As the portal to the real world emerges from his Mental World, Yuan Shu helps Zhuge Liang leave to "remove impure material," staying behind in his mind-fantasy.
- It's All About Me: His defining trait.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Uses his Power Copying to take the appearances of Legend Heroes Sun Ce and Liu Bei and attacks the others to provoke in-fighting.
- Mental World: It's revealed that his "victory" was actually the side-effect of being trapped within his own daydream-y consciousness thanks to the bomb given to him by Zhang Jue. When given the chance to return, he denies it, wanting to stay within his own fantasy.
- Power Copying: Legend Hero Ji Ling can copy the appearances of other Legend Heroes.
- Take Over the World: Sees himself as the world's Emperor.
- The Bad Guy Wins:: Played With. Legend Hero Ji Ling eliminates Liu Bei, Cao Cao and Sun Ce; thus winning the Dream Battle and making his wish of being the Emperor of the world a reality. Instead, it turns out that Zhang Jue had supplied Yuan Shu with a bomb that put everyone into a coma and transferred the Heroes' consciousness' into Shu's; basically trapping them in Shu's daydream instead. Zhuge Liang rescues the heroes and helps them escape.
A Spoiled Brat that people seem to dislike.
- And You Thought It Was a Game: Is unaware that the Dream Battle operates of actual conflict and sees it as a game. Not unsurprising, given that he's only a child.
- Kid Hero: Hero is quite the stretch, but he's the youngest of the Legend Heroes.
- Mighty Glacier: Legend Hero Wang Lang can barely be scratched by anything. Inversely, he can hit as hard as a freight train.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: He's only lashing out because his parents are neglectful and don't spend time with him.
- Parental Neglect: His parents don't actually spend time with him and instead just buy him toys to keep him occupied.
- Spoiled Brat: Very much so, though this is due to his neglectful parents tossing money his way instead of spending time with him.
- The Bully: Acts like a jerk to Diaochan and her friends.
Dark Warlords/Black Monarchs
Wang Yun's Hero Piece before his death.
- Anti-Villain: He didn't willingly choose to become a Dark Warlord, having been forced into it by Zhang Jue.
- But Now I Must Go: After being defeated by Legend Hero Imperial, Lu Bu is too weak to be accepted as a vassal. Instead, Liu Bei and Cao Cao let her talk to him one more time before he dies off, vanishing in a sparkle of dust.
- Forced into Evil: Twice. First used as a channel to resurrect Dong Zhuo only to later be implanted into an Unwitting Pawn by Zhang Jue using Diaochan's safety as blackmail.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: After becoming a Dark Warlord, Lu Bu's helmet gains the historical character's proper headgear and a bucket-load of power.
- The Speechless: Cannot say actual words, only managing "ku" and "ka" at best.
- Unwilling Roboticisation: Lu Bu only becomes a Dark Warlord thanks to Zhang Jue putting Diaochan in danger. Also happens literally; his gigantic form is mechanized.
One of the Dark Warlords that answers directly to Sima Yi.
- The Brute: The most physically imposing of the three Dark Warlords.
- Co-Dragons: With Xu Huang to Sima Yi.
- Drop the Hammer: Uses a very blunt, very big mallet.
- Fat and Skinny: The Fat to Xu Huang's Skinny.
- Flat Character: We do know much about him or his host other than the fact they oppose Liu Bei and the gang.
- Nepharious Pharaoh: Legend Hero Xu Chu has a sphinx design and is definitely evil.
- Those Two Guys: With Xu Huang.
One of the Dark Warlords that answers directly to Sima Yi.
- Blade on a Stick: Wields some sort of axe/halberd hybrid.
- Brains and Brawn: He's more strategically minded when compared to Xu Chu.
- Co-Dragons: With Xu Chu to Sima Yi.
- Fat and Skinny: The Skinny to Xu Chu's Fat.
- Flat Character: We do know much about him or his host other than the fact they oppose Liu Bei and the gang.
- Those Two Guys: With Xu Huang.
- Tipis and Totem Poles: Xu Huang's helmet resembles a totem pole.
One of the Dark Warlords that answers directly to Sima Yi. Implanted into Sun Shangxiang. For Tropes aplicable to Sun Shangxiang, see her entry in the Gang-Don-Kwan section.
- Black Knight: Her dark armor gives her the appearance of a twisted knight.
- Dark Chick: The only female of the Dark Warlords.
- Death of Personality: Tries repeatedly to assert that she is control of Sun Shangxiang. Sun Ce and the gang fix that.
- Demonic Possession: Takes over Sun Shangxiang upon being implanted into her by Sima Yi.
- Sadist: She clearly takes a lot of joy in possessing Sun Shangxiang and tormenting Liu Bei and Sun Ce.
- Only Sane Man: Keeps Xu Chu and Xu Huang from bickering amongst each other.
For information on this character, see Sima Yi's entry on the Legend Hero Heaven Realm page.