This is a partial character sheet for Legend Heroes. Visit here for the main character index.
The Heaven Realm is a plane separate from Earth managed and mandated by the Angels. The Angels manage the Dream Battle, an event held every 300 years since ancient times designed to fuel the Earth and Heaven Realms and keep them stable, lest both realms vanish from existence.
However, this time, there may be a threat to the Dream Battle from within....
Applicable to every Angel seen in-show.
- Amplifier Artifact: See Magical Accessory below.
- Black Magic: Aside from the White Magic support abilities listed below, the Angels can cast attack spells at enemy Heroes or other Angels. They can also transform into a Magical Accessory that allows their Warlord to cast their spells.
- Celestial Bureaucracy: Xu Shu hints at this with the rule of not being able to come to Earth without permission, but we never learn anymore about Angel society.
- Council of Angels: Non-religious example. The Angels watch the Dream Battle through a Crystal Ball and debate amongst themselves.
- Elemental Powers
- God Was My Copilot
- Light Is Good: All of the Angels wear some sort of white uniform and most of them are inherently good.
- Magical Accessory: The three primary Angels develop the ability to transform into an Amplifier Artifact that makes their magic more potent while giving the hero they're attached to the ability to also cast spells.
- Meaningful Name: Like the Legend Heroes themselves, the Angels also possesses Meaningful Names based on characters from Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
- Our Angels Are Different
- The Strategist
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?
- White Magic: By design, the Angels possess many support spells in their arsenal to help their Warlords. All of them have an attack spell or two, but their arsenals are largely designed around utility.
The creator of the Angels and current manager of the Dream Battle.
- Big Good: She's the administrator of the Dream Battle and makes sure everything is running smoothly.
- Characters as Device: She really just exists to establish the Heaven Realm, the creation of the Angels and later on to hand out the wish of the Dream Battle's victor VIA the Royal Seal.
- Flat Character: Other than her primary function, we know nothing about her and she demonstrates very little resembling a personality.
- God Was My Copilot: Being the creator of the Angels and the one managing wishes and the Royal Seal they power, she's this to everybody.
- The Maker: Of the Angels and Hero Pieces, yes.
The first Angel shown on-screen. She approaches Liu Bei to draft him into the Dream Battle.
- Barrier Warrior: Her most consistent method of support.
- Big "NO!": Liu Bei releases a loud one as he cradles her vanishing corpse.
- Character Death: Gets fatally wounded by Dong Zhuo and uses the rest of her power to protect Liu Bei.
- The Ditz: Her clumsiness rivals Liu Bei's at times.
- Establishing Character Moment: See Humans Through Alien Eyes below.
- Genki Girl: Plucky and energetic by Angel standards.
- God Was My Copilot: Literally. Legend Heroes that obtain two or more Hero Pieces are granted the honor of taking a test that, if passed, allows them to choose an Angel to fight alongside them in battle. Liu Bei chooses Xu Shu despite her and even The Computer Motherboard itself advising against it....all because he promised her.
- Humans Through Alien Eyes: She has no idea what stores are and inadvertently steals expensive clothes from two shopkeepers due to not knowing what money is. Liu Bei bails her out.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Nothing gets in the way of her bright outlook.
- Intrigued by Humanity: The reason she comes to and from Earth despite technically being forbidden from doing so.
- Last Request: After she dies, Liu Bei finds a note in his room penned by her. Her request? seek out her brother, Zhuge Liang.
- The Load: The other Angels are implied to see her as this.
- Magitek: Wears a wrist-mounted device that analyzes people around her. She discovers Liu Bei using it.
- Secret Test of Character: Pretends to have been chosen by another Warlord (played by her brother) in an effort to see if Liu Bei really chose her for benevolent reasons. Liu Bei relents, but only after giving Liang Shu's favorite cookie recipe.
- The Pollyanna: Even more so than Liu Bei himself.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: Is killed by Dong Zhuo only five episodes after joining Liu Bei officially after performing a Heroic Sacrifice to protect Bei from a fatal finishing move.
The brother to Xu Shu and eventually Liu Bei's Angel proper.
- Adult Fear: Is scared that Xu Shu getting involved in the Battle proceedings may get her hurt or worse. He isn't wrong.
- Big Brother Instinct: Is very protective of Xu Shu, and blames Liu Bei for her death.
- Big Brother Mentor: is seen by his sister as this, preferring to learn Magic from him than classes in the Heaven Realm.
- Color-Coded Characters: Has a prominent streak of green hair. The Magic Bracelet is also Green.
- Defrosting Ice King: Warms up to Liu Bei and the others over time. Even reciprocating a hug Bei gives him after thinking he was dead for awhile. Liu Bei being an All-Loving Hero definitely helps.
- God Was My Copilot
- Good Is Not Nice: If you're looking for a gentle support sidekick, this ain't him.
- Jerk Ass Has A Point: He brings up the fact that Bei was too weak to save Xu Shu. Liu Bei takes this to heart and begins to legitimately train to grow stronger as a fighter.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Comes off like a snobby ponce, but he truly means well. You just really have to squint.
- Magical Accessory: Can transform into the Magic Bracelet, an Amplifier Artifact that allows Legend Hero Guan Yu (and his forms) to cast Angel Magics.
- Meaningful Name: He is named after the historical Zhuge Liang, the go-to tactician for the warlord Liu Bei in Romance of the Three Kingdoms; renowned for his strategic prowess.
- Supreme Chef: One of the first bits of praise he heaps Liu Bei's way is his cooking ability.
- The Rival: Implied to be this to both Zhou Yu and Sima Yi.
- The Strategist: All of the Angels technically, but he's the Angel best known for his wisdom and ability.
- The Gadfly: If he chooses to lower himself to other people's/angels' level, it will be to poke them. He faked an attack just to see Sima Yi freak out and told a story about Zhou Yu's embarassing nickname specifically because she entered the room.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Calls Liu Bei out on his callous behavior when the latter is possesed by Golden Hawk Dragon.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Reflects on this more than other Angels, believing that all Heroes merely see the Angels as a tool for the Dream Battle. It's also the reason he tries to prevent Xu Shu from going down to Earth.
- Why Couldn't You Save Them?: Resents Liu Bei at first for Xu Shu's death.
The Rival (maybe) to Zhuge Liang and Angel to Sun Ce.
- Color-Coded Characters: Has a prominent streak of blue hair. The Magic Tracker is also Blue.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Envious of Zhuge Liang's abilities and stature.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Subverted. She attempts to transfer her life energies to heal Sun Ce while he's hospitalized, but doing so would cause her to die. His Hero Pieces suggest that she Take a Third Option. Cue Sun Quan entering the room.
- Karma Houdini: Is never called out for her manipulative behavior by Sun Ce.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Downplayed, but there. The only jerky thing she does is her many manipulations, but it's clear that she has standards and some degree of loyalty toward her Warlord.
- Magical Accessory: Can transform into the Magic Tracker, an Amplifier Artifact that allows Legend Hero Taishi Ci (and his forms) to cast Angel Magics.
- Manipulative Bastard: A non-villainous example. Zhou Yu has no issues using Sun Ce's gullibility to pit him against Heroes he'd otherwise get along with quite well.
- Meaningful Name: She is named after the historical Zhou Yu, a well-known strategist for the Wu Kingdom and friend to the historical Sun Ce in Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
- Poisonous Friend: Non-villainous example, but her consistent manipulation of Sun Ce gets him into quite a bit of trouble.
- X Must Not Win: Constantly trains in order to grow stronger than Zhuge Liang. It's also her primary motivation for manipulating Sun Ce. She just really wants him to win.
Sima Yi/ Sima Yan
A stoic Angel with a high degree of loyalty. Acts as the Angel to Cao Cao.
- Big Bad: He's the one behind everything bad that disrupts the Dream Battle. He backed Zhang Jue in his experiments to create Dark Warlords and corrupted Cao Cao into becoming a Knight Templar, all to claim the Royal Seal himself and become ruler of the human world.
- Color-Coded Characters: Has a prominent streak of red hair. The Magic Finder is also Red.
- Sima Yan's possession sees Cao Cao's body and eyes take on a violent shade of red.
- The Dark Arts: Possesses dark, forbidden Angel Magics.
- Dark Knight: As Sima Yan.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Sima Yan is the menacing figure seen at the end of Liu Bei's dream in the first episode.
- Evil Sounds Deep: His usual speaking voice is not particularly high itself, but he is still speaking with noticeably deeper one in the end of #41, where he executes Zhang Jue and usurps the place of the Big Bad.
- For the Evulz: Claims that if he obtained the Royal Seal and became ruler of the human world, he would hold a massacre every 300 years instead of the Dream Battle.
- Good Powers, Bad People: Uses Angel Magic and various support abilities. Is a Machiavellian schemer that wants to Take Over the World.
- Grand Theft Me: Plots to seize his Warlord's body and use it to take control of the Royal Seal so that he can Take Over the World.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Averted. He suggests transferring his life energies into an Angel Piece that would power up Cao Cao to the point that he could win the Dream Battle. It was a ruse to get Cao Cao to become his Human host-body that would let him win the Dream Battle and seize the Royal Seal.
- Humongous Mecha: After being expelled from Cao Cao, he sicks the Legend King Deathlon on the Legend Heroes.
- "I Know You Are in There Somewhere" Fight: Sima Yan is defeated when Diaochan stumbles into the battle and notices something wrong. Liu Bei appeals to what remains of Cao Cao's consciousness, allowing Cao Cao to reject the Hero Piece and un-do the Demonic Possession after Flyquito take the brunt of an attack aimed at Diaochan.
- Magical Accessory: Can transform into the Magic Finder, an Amplifier Artifact that allows Legend Hero Xiahou Dun (and his forms) to cast Angel Magics.
- The Man Behind the Man: He was the true mastermind behind Zhang Jue's experiments to create Dark Warlords.
- Manipulative Bastard: Coerces Cao Cao into absorbing the power of the Dark Pentagon and later into using the Angel Piece to allow them to fuse, all so he could overtake Cao Cao and use his body to win the Dream? Battle.
- Meaningful Name: He is named after the historical Sima Yi, a well-known strategist for the Wei Kingdom that served under the historical Cao Cao in Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
- Poisonous Friend: Encourages Cao Cao's more Knight Templar leanings in order to get him to use the power of the Dark Pentagon.
- Taken for Granite: Overlord Sima Yan petrifies the people he drains Hero Power from.
- Taking You with Me: After his plans are foiled due to him no longer being able to participate in the Dream Battle once he's expelled from Cao Cao's body, he opts to try to destroy the world out of spite.
- There Can Only Be One: Plans to kill off his fellow Angels, leaving him as the only one so he can rule over humanity.
- Walking Spoiler: It's impossible not to talk about him without revealing his true nature and motive.
- Would Hurt a Child: During Cao Cao's rejection of Sima Yi, Sima Yan fires a shock-wave of energy at Diaochan to kill her. Flyquito show up and take the blast instead, getting them eliminated.
An Angel dressed in black with a sadistic streak who interferes in the Dream Battle.
- Affably Evil: Comes off like an outright fun guy to be around when he isn't making zombies and plotting to Kill All Humans.
- Artifact of Doom: The Dark Pentagon.
- Big Bad: As Zhang Jue makes his presence more known with his continued interference in the Dream Battle, the plot slowly shifts away from the Battle and towards stopping him. Subverted though, he was working for Sima Yi all along.
- Color-Coded Characters: Has a very prominent purple afro under his massive headgear.
- The Corrupter: Tricks many people into becoming Legend Heroes.
- Fantastic Racism: Sees Angels as superior to humans and wants to kill humanity off so Earth can be a place for Angels.
- For the Evulz: He invades the Heaven Realm with his Tao Troops during the Rainbow Event for.....rather unclear reasons.
- Freudian Excuse: See What Measure Is a Non-Human? below.
- Gratuitous English: Sprinkles it into his speech when he's happiest.
- The Heavy: He's had a hand in many of the evil Legend Heroes faced by Liu Bei and co., supplying them with his dark technology in order to test it out.
- Kill All Humans: He wants to terraform Earth into a world only for Angels.
- Life Drinker: His Dark Warlords are designed to be this, draining Hero Power from the citizenry to power the Dark Pentagon and his Dark Warlords.
- Mad Doctor: Is the one that revived Dong Zhuo from the dead, so he has at least enough medical training to qualify.
- Mad Scientist: Not only does he look the part, he also invents various evil gadgets to aid his goals.
- Make My Monster Grow: Can make his Dark Warlords gigantic.
- Moral Myopia: Zhang Jue implies that a part of his goal is freeing Hero Pieces and Angels from the Dream Battle. But, being the sadist that he is, he's Not So Above It All.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Uses the Dark Pentagon to resurrect petrified Hero Pieces and infuse them with forbidden energies before implanting them into Unwitting Pawns to become Dark Warlords.
- Satanic Archetype: A rogue Angel who rebelled against the Motherboard Computer and makes offers of power to humans all in order to further his own goals.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Jue goes on about how he seeks to free the Hero Pieces and the Angels from the Dream Battle and it's obligations, but has little issue invading the Heaven Realm itself while also showing little hesitation in discarding Pieces that he can't control. Liu Bei calls him out on it.
- Slasher Smile: Rarely ever seen without one.
- We Can Rule Together: Attempts to recruit Zhuge Liang, Zhou Yu and Sima Yi to his cause during one of his Earthen invasions. He's turned down.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Implied to be the reason behind his "rebellion." Then again, since he's an out-and-about sadist, that's probably not the whole of it.
- Unwitting Pawn: He has his own plans, but the true mastermind is Sima Yi who kills him off after he is no longer of use.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: After the joystick controlling the Dark Warlords is destroyed, Sima Yi decides that Zhang Jue has failed him too much and callously kills him.
Golden Hawk Dragon
An entity contained within a special gold-colored Hero Piece. It allows the user to transform into Legend Hero Imperial.
- Blood Knight: The entity wants nothing more than to fight and destroy for it's own sake.
- Death of Personality: It overwrites even the kindest hosts over time.
- Demonic Possession: The Golden Hawk Dragon makes contracts with those it deems worth it's time. You can harness it's power....if you can control it. Or.....It controls you.
- Dragons Are Demonic
- Gold-Colored Superiority
- Sealed Evil In A Hero Piece
- Transformation Trinket: The GHD is contained within a special Hero Piece.