This is a partial character sheet for Shuriken Sentai Ninninger. Visit here for the main character index. Subjective trope and audience reactions should go on the YMMV page.
- Cool Mask: The leaders of the Kibaoni forces except possibly Kibaoni himself have incomplete Noh theatre masks incorporated into their designs.
- From a Single Cell: An interesting variation. If part of their body survives their destruction, they can be revived by the use of captured fear or Sealing Shuriken, such as Kyuemon using fear he gathered to revive them from their masks and when Raizo's broken horn was used to revive him at the end of the series.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The Youkai made from corrupted sealing shurikens take forms of monsters from Japanese folklore mixed with everyday objects.
- Mooks: The Hitokarage.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: "Kibaoni" = "Fang ogre."
- Red Baron: It can be misleading if you watch it in Over-time subs, but this is really averted with the Youkai of the Week. What seem to be a subtitle before their names are just literal translations. For example, "Sickle Weasel" is a direct translation of the name of the first Youkai, Kamaitachi, not his subtitle.
- They did, however, made a mistranslation with Tengu. It is not "Flying Goblin", it's "Heavenly Dog".
- The general motif of the bad guys this go around, as well as the name of the Monsters of the Week.
- The Monsters of the Week all also have elements of the Tsukumogami even if they're not directly based on one; They were objects who are brought to life by the corrupted sealing shurikens.
- Averted with the western Youkai, where at least the three greatest ones are based on creatures in western mythology instead.
Voiced by: Mugihito
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: His monster form looks like a golden shogun in complete war armor.
- Big Bad: As the leader of the Kibaoni Army Corps.
- Catchphrase: "Object devoid of a will of your own, let the will of Gengetsu Kibaoni give you purpose!"
- The Conqueror: Aimed to be this, using fear to keep control, but the Igasaki Ninja clan defied him twice.
- Fling a Light into the Future: Before death, he sent his son Shingetsu (AKA Kyuemon) into the modern day.
- Karmic Death: His betrayal of Kyuemon by absorbing him comes back to bite him when the Ninningers told him that they stood together as their own paths and claiming Kyuemon was the same, prompting the latter to break free, leaving Gengetsu to be taken down rather easily afterwards.
- Kick the Dog: Absorbs his dying wife so he can be more powerful. Not out of a desire for vengeance, really, but just because he could. And then he does the same to his own son Kyuemon, just so he can reach giant size.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Was sealed until Izayoi freed him. While not completely free, his will manifests in the corrupted Sealing Shuriken.
- The Sociopath: Apart from wanting to rule the world with fear, he also has no problem absorbing his family into him for more power and because he can without any remorse whatsoever, claiming it to be fate.
- Villain Override: After being set free, his power corrupted the 48 Sealing Shuriken and now he uses them to create new Youkai.
Kyuemon Izayoi/Kyuemon Shingetsu Kibaoni
Voiced by: Megumi Han
- Ambiguously Human: While training with Tsumuji under Yoshitaka, he at least looked like a young boy, but it's not clear at the moment whether Izayoi transformed into a yokai or was always one in disguise.
- And we have our answer about just what Kyuemon is. Izayoi revealed to a dying Mangetsu that he is his older brother and Gengetsu's first born son.
- A Pupil of Mine Until He Turned to Evil: Is a former student of the Last Ninja, and the reason for his reluctance to take on additional students.
- Bastard Bastard: Is the illegitimate son of Gengetsu Kibaoni and a concubine, and Kyuemon is definitely a bastard.
- Big Bad: Of the Dragon-in-Chief variety. Despite Kibaoni playing the role of the Big Bad for the sake of being the Ninningers' final opponent, it is Kyuemon who drives the conflict for most of the story.
- Death Equals Redemption: Sees the error of his ways just as he is dying from fighting the Ninningers, even creating a Green Nin Shuriken as he is dying.
- The Dog Bites Back: After all the time Raizo dismissed him for being a page and constantly disobeying his pleas to gather fear, he eventually had the 'last laugh' by enlarging Raizo and denying him the freedom to choose the place where he dies.
- The Dragon: The most trusted of Gengetsu's generals and The Heavy, despite being a mere page. This is because Kyuemon is actually his son.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?:
- Until his last moments, Raizo never took his page duties seriously and ridicules him.
- Masakage also prefers to go on his pace of 'having games' than direct fear gathering and even calls him 'Hachimon', much to his dismay. He, however, gives one explanation: They don't have a page named 'Kyuuemon'...
- Fling a Light into the Future: Is on the receiving end of a villainous version that sent him to the modern day.
- The Heavy: Is primarily the one who's helping the Kibaoni forces grow.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: while at the very bottom of the pecking order, he's the one who is most focused on the effort to free Kibaoni Gengetsu.
- Make My Monster Grow: He's capable of enlarging the Youkai upon their defeats, thanks to the hammer and Goton Yo Shuriken being the foci of his growing Youjutsu.
- Meaningful Name: Not Kyuemon, really, but his true name Shingetsu, which translates to "New Moon", revealing his identity as the newest Kibaoni (Mangetsu and Gengetsu both have names related to the moon as well).
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Let's just say he's far more than a humble monster-enlarger.
- One-Winged Angel: As Sakuya Kyuemon, which he assumes during the Final Battle.
- Pet the Dog: After deliberately enlarging Gabi Raizou and getting him killed, Kyuuemon instead creates an Oboroguruma to act as his Humongous Mecha when he's Back from the Dead.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Raizo and possibly Gengetsu's Red.
- Start My Own: Left the Last Ninja's discipleship and eventually started his own Izayoi Way Ninja School under the Kibaoni Army's name.
- The Stoic: Kyuemon gives off an air of seriousness, and rarely speaks on-screen in the first two episodes.
- Not So Stoic: When Raizo finally commits to gathering fear and furthering their goals, he causes large amount carnage by himself and Kyuemon lets an evil laugh out as he gathers all the fear being generated, stating he has been waiting for this moment.
- This Cannot Be!: Kyuuemon says this when he's being overpowered by Gekiatsu-Daioh.
- Undying Loyalty: Is wholeheartedly dedicated to the mission of reviving Gengetsu, despite his more shady actions and Masakage's lack of trust.
- Villainous Breakdown: Had a small one when Nekomata brought him one of Sasuke's shuriken. Around the finale, he has a big one, when the Ninningers overwhelm him without using much of Shuriken Ninpo and gave him an epic "The Reason You Suck" Speech because his commitment to The Dark Side actually makes him a weak-willed individual that only chooses the easy way out to get something. He flips so hard that Raizou Gabi, usually the uncontrollable one, is the one restraining and telling him to calm down.
- Walking Spoiler: To describe Kyuemon in any way other than "competent monster enlarger" would spoil several plot revelations brought up midway and near the end of the show.
Voiced by: Kenji Matsuda
- A Good Way to Die: Was content on being felled by a stronger opponent. It eventually happened, but at giant sized, thanks to Kyuemon.
- Back from the Dead: Kyuemon used the collected fear from Kamaitachi and Kappa's runs to revive him.
- When Gengetsu is revived, Raizo Gabi comes back once again.
- Blood Knight: He outright states that he only cares about fighting and finding a Worthy Opponent.
- Characterization Marches On: After being revived, Raizo shows that he's capable of acting calm instead of the uncontrollable general he was in the earlier episodes (and also shows more respect to Kyuuemon, after it was clear that he is Gengetsu's son). He's in fact the one who restrained and calmed down Kyuuemon after he got thrown into a Villainous Breakdown.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: In his first battle, he easily defeats three of the Ninningers.
- Does another one when he steps out to fight a second time, and even Takaharu didn't last long during their duel.
- Dual Wielding: Has a wakizashi to back up his main katana weapon.
- Expy: Somewhere between Dokoku Chimatsuri and Dogold.
- There's a little bit of Fuwa Juuzo from Shinkenger as well. Both are Blood Knights with an obsession with the Red Senshi, compelling them to seek battle with him.
- Honor Before Reason: #5 ends with Raizo still waiting for Akaninger to duel him. For hours.
- Killed Off for Real: As much as he was hyped for one of Kibaoni's mightiest generals, he's beaten quite early, at Episode 12, then Kyuuemon enlarged him and pretty much set him to die.
- Subverted by his revival in the wake of Gengetsu's return. Double-subverted by his death during the final arc.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: In his first fight with the Ninningers, Raizo is so bored that he isn't really trying. When Takaharu actually puts up a decent fight, he "wakes up" and gets much more enthusiastic.
- Now That's Using Your Teeth!: Blocks Nagi's slash with his own teeth after getting pinned by a Shadow Pinning Jutsu.
- Person of Mass Destruction: When he defeated Takaharu, he finally owned up to his promise to Kyuemon to collect some fear. And the amount of damage he inflicted onto the populus was huge.
- Pride: Has a very high opinion of his fighting skills, though he's more than capable of backing it up.
- He's also dismissive of Kyuemon since he's "just" a page (and of anyone else who he sees as an "underling"), and he flat-out refuses to help him gather fear since he thinks such work is beneath him. However, post-revival, he's a lot more accepting on the realization that Kyuuemon is actually the son of Kibaoni.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Kyuemon's Blue.
- Sword Beam: During the events of #11, Raizo shows this as the full extent of his powers, and lets them fly like they're going out of fashion.
- Team Killer: He's the one who kills Youkai Kasha, since he's bored with the fight between "underlings".
- Trrrilling Rrrs: Has a habit of doing this.
- Turns Red: Upon his second revival, his body and armor are almost entirely red-shaded and he has definitely become more powerful thanks to Gengetsu reviving him.
- Victory Is Boring: Raizo complains about how weak he finds everyone and wants to find a Worthy Opponent. When Takaharu puts up an actual fight against him, he gets excited and looks forward to fighting him again.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: He is revived in episode 2 and killed in episode 12. Subverted that he's back for the final arc.
- Worthy Opponent: By the end of #3, he sees Takaharu as a potential one. Confirmed in episode 12. He also nearly declares Yakumo as one before he's killed for good by Yakumo.
- Wound That Will Not Heal: Permanently lost a chunk of his right horn to Takaharu in #6. That broken horn would later be used to revive him again in #44.
Voiced by: Ryusei Nakao
- Animal Motifs: Look carefully at his head - it's a Noh mask on top of an ammonite, with the tentacles forming a beard and the shell for his priest hat.
- Back from the Dead: Kyuemon revived Masakage with all the collected fear he collected thus far.
- Easily Forgiven: When it's revealed that Kyuemon is Gengetsu Kibaoni's son (meaning that Kyuemon is Tsugomori's master), Tsugomori apologizes for his previous rudeness, and Kyuemon doesn't hold it against him, stating that it couldn't be helped.
- Evil Genius: As the head strategist, he's this and prefers doing more schemes and tricks rather than Raizo's brute force.
- Expy: The bad guy's advisor and strategist, who's based on a cephalopod and has a Buddhist staff? Hmmm...
- Faux Affably Evil: Despite his playful tendencies, in episode 15, after creating Futakuchi-onna, he tells her that her purpose is to gain control on the Ninja Allies. When she begins to offer the suggestion of using her powers on the Ninningers instead, he immediately becomes furious. He proceeds to call her trash and threatens to kill her if she ever questions a commanding officer again.
- Magic Staff: Appear to wield one as his main weapon.
- Malicious Misnaming: Refers to Kyuuemon by names like "Hachiemon" and "Jyuuemon", but never his actual namenote
- Master of Illusion: In his first appearance he created fake versions of Ao Ninger, Shiro Ninger and Momo Ninger to attack the group during the race segment.
- Mind Rape: Breaks out this ability when the endgame begins - he can overwrite memories and replace the most important person in people's minds with himself, affecting dozens at a time.
- Backfires when he tried to replace Takaharu in the minds of Yakumo and Fuuka; they realized what he was doing (after he specifically told them), so they just focused on all the moments where Taka was a goofy loser rather than an inspiring teammate, which shattered Masakage's illusions.
- Mobile-Suit Human: He turns out to be this, what makes it doubly weird is that it basically what he looks like in real size.
- Non-Action Guy: When he finally fights the Ninningers head on, he doesn't fare too well and quickly gets blown up like any other monster.
- No-Nonsense Nemesis: A strange version of this. He loves to play around with his targets, yet when his monsters try to deviate from his plans, he threatens to destroy them. He also makes it quite clear to Kyuemon that he will not tolerate a Dragon with an Agenda scenario.
Ariake no Kata
Voiced by: Kotono Mitsuishi
- Accidental Misnaming: Only from Takaharu so far, who called her "Kariage" (hair-raising) no Kata.Yes, that is how I am- who are you calling "Kariage"?!
- Animal Motifs: If you look at her body carefully, you can see a dragon motif to her.
- Combat Hand Fan: She uses a fan both as a melee weapon as well as launching explosive projectiles from it.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: She genuinely loves her son. So much so that her grief and mourning at his death is enough to revive Gengetsu.
- Hot Consort: Practically announces herself as one from the get-go.
- It's All About Me: Acts like her "beauty treatment" is more important than anything else, but see The Millstone below.
- The Millstone: Gengetsu's revival has actually been delayed thanks to her, since she uses the gathered fear on herself as a beauty treatment. Both Kyuemon and Masakage have taken note of this.
- Ironically, the death of her son caused her to erupt with enough grief to revive her husband. However, this makes her fit the trope even more: If she wasn't using the gathered fear on herself, Gengetsu would've revived faster.
- Unholy Matrimony: She is Gengetsu's wife. Which surprises the Ninningers.
- Vanity Is Feminine: Oh boy, does it ever apply to her. See It's All About Me above.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: As she lays dying, Gengetsu decides this and absorbs her just to get more powerful.
Voiced by: Ryotaro Okiayu
- Enfant Terrible: He mentions observing and plotting against the Ninningers while still in the womb.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Notably averted. After Ariake no Kata told him to pull back, the next thing he does is to stomp on her wildly because she ruins his fun. Though this made her more proud of him for being that evil. Later, he even uses her as a human shield (although she survives)!
- Hate Sink: With his father and Kyuemon as the main enemy, he's first set to be a surprising threat to the Ninningers. He is then shown to have repulsive traits such as disrespect to his authorities, to an extent that being exposed to using his mother as a shield is enough motivation for the heroes to give their all to defeat him.
- Knight of Cerebus: After he drops his Obfuscating Stupidity act, he proves to be one of the more viciously serious villains in the show to date.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: He presented himself as a Spoiled Brat extraordinary that would probably make Warz Gill look like a profound adult. The same episode reveals that he's just suckering the Ninningers and he's a lot more savvy.
- Non-Lethal K.O.: He explodes several times before he finally dies for real. The final explosion has him turn to stone beforehand to show that this time it's permanent.
- Red Right Hand: Has several hands covering his body (With some making up half his face), Ironically the body that isn't made up of hand show his skintone being red.
- Shout-Out: A very young villain with an overinflated ego and gross disrespect even for his own mother - Mangetsu is basically a G-rated Joffrey.
- Would Hit a Girl: Whether she's one of the Ninningers or his own mother.
Voiced by: Hiroki TochiThe Samurai Commander of the Youkai Army Corps and the mentor of Raizo Gabi, who serves as the villains's leader for two movies
- Big Bad: He is this for Ninninger: The Dinosaur Lord's Splendid Dinosaur Scroll and the second half of Ninninger: Girls vs. Boys movies.
- Bad Boss: He sometimes abuses his fellow Yokais.
- The Starscream: He is planning to turn a whole town of villagers into his slaves. He even usurps control from Kyuuemon and Ariake for two movies.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Juza is the Blue to Raizo's Red, due to being his mentor. However, the only difference is that Juza serves as the villains leader, is stronger, and has little to no sense of honor whatsoever.
Getting tired of losing to the heroes with incompetent Youkai repeatedly, Ariake summoned the Three greatest Youkai from western countries to deal with the Ninningers.
- Monster Mash: Three monsters are brought together in the same area. Justified, as Ariake needed them to dispose off the Ninningers.
Western Youkai Franken
Voiced by: Kiyoyuki Yanada
- Hawaiian-Shirted Tourist: He lacks the shirt, but this his basically his attitude towards coming to Japan. Rather than fighting, the first thing he wants to do is go sightseeing.
- Technopath: Has the ability to cause machines to stop functioning.
Western Youkai Dracula
Voiced by: Atsushi Imaruoka
- Fight Dracula
- Our Vampires Are Different: He seems to have somehow overcome his weakness to sunlight, and he feeds on Life Energy instead of blood, but he's still repulsed by garlic.
- Red Herring: Turns out that the charming guy in the vampire costume looking at the pictures of cute women that speaks perfect english isn't Dracula. He kidnapped his butler and impersonate as him.
Western Youkai Wolfen
Voiced by: Takahiro Fujimoto
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Played with, he killed Kinji/Star's brother and father. He doesn't remember them, BUT he does recognize the gun/guitar weapon when Star uses it to fight him. He then claims to remember his family and calls all of them weak to Star's face.
- Chekhov's Gunman: He appears in silhouette only when Kinji has his worst fear shown to him in episode 17.
Basic footsoldiers of the Kibaoni Army Corps.
- All Asians Wear Conical Straw Hats: They wear such hats, since they're based on feudal Japanese foot soldiers.
- Mooks: Well...not anyone in Shiboni 9, where they're fully upgraded to Jukkarage.
Giant Youkai Gashadokuro
The result of being summoned by the Gashadokuro Yo Shuriken, which Kyuemon obtained by transforming the sealing shuriken that once formed Youkai Kasha, this Giant Youkai briefly did battle with the Ninningers.
- BFS: Two of them combine into one, single sword for an enlarged Raizo to use.
- The Brute
- Cool Sword
- Dem Bones
- Dumb Muscle: Not much for brains, the bone-head.
- Giant Mook: Except there's barely enough power for Kyuemon to summon more than two at a time.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family
In Shiboni 9, to help Kyuemon in exchange for battling Aka Ninger, Raizo used dark magic to upgrade the Hitokarage into the stronger Jukkarage.
- Mooks: Completely replaced the Hitokarage since their debut.
- Slasher Smile: Look closely at their masks - there's a lot of teeth showing in the gaps.
The Jukkarage in white vests who tends to Ariake no Kata.
- Elite Mooks: Who are specifically bodyguards of Ariake no Kata.
- Off-the-Shelf FX: They just put white gowns on Jukkarage and that's it.
Kyuemon's personal troops.
Voiced by: Tetsu Inada
As Kibaoni was revived, 48 Sealing Shuriken were scattered across Japan. One of them darted into a discarded chainsaw. Being corrupted, the shuriken transformed the chainsaw into Youkai Kamaitachi, and it sow discord and destruction by threatening the citizens with the fear of getting cut.
- The Cameo: Was featured in the team training simulation in #4.
- Chainsaw Blades Below the Shoulder: Of the Type 1 flavor.
- Chainsaw Good: The item possessed by the corrupted sealing shuriken to become this monster.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: A chainsaw-wielding monster with a face that resembles a hockey mask who frequently makes the noise "chi-chi-chi-ha-ha-ha."
- Killed Off for Real: Meets his his first end from Aka Ninger's Ninja Violent Slash at normal size, then fell by Shurikenjin's Splendid Slash as a giant.
- Razor Wind: Demonstrated this ability not even a minute after his "birth".
- Fur and Loathing: He has a very metallic body, so much so, what fur he has looks like it's tagged onto him.
Voiced by: Hironori Kondo
As the Ninningers train their Nintality, their Gama Gama Guns alerted them of the next Youkai attack. This time, a corrupted sealing shuriken possessed a fire extinguisher and took the form of the aquatic-based monster, bringing tears and fears by throwing bystanders into the river (or any body of water) and invoking hydrophobia.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: He's an odd soul.
- Flight: Achieved by using the extra nozzles to propel himself like one would use a rocket pack.
- An Ice Youkai: Being a modern fire extinguisher that has to be effective in putting out fire, it adopted the ability meant to cut off one of the fire source.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: Can use both hands for his ice attack, as Yakumo found out the hard way.
- If It Swims, It Flies: For this case, when it flies, it uses a swimming motion.
- Kappa: The monster form.
- Killed Off for Real: Meets his end by both Aka Ninger and Ao Ninger's Ninja Violent Slashes, then by Shurikenjin Drago's Drago Burst as a giant.
- Kill It with Fire: Downplayed. While it did not like being lit aflame, it was not enough to finish it off.
- Kill It with Water: Averted. Despite being based on a fire extinguisher, it is unable to douse out any of the Ninninger's fire attacks.
- Tap on the Head: Was hit on the head with the Metal Jutsu by both Takaharu and Yakumo, making his helmet crack.
Voiced by: Ryuzou Ishino
The third corrupted sealing shuriken possessed a pair of rollerblades and transformed them into a monster specializing in speed. Afterwards, Raizo Gabi got tired of, in his words, "weaklings fighting" and disposed of him, leaving a cleansed sealing shuriken for Kyuemon to summon the Giant Youkai Gashadokuro.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Didn't deserve to get sliced up by Raizo at all.
- The Cameo: Reappeared in #6 as a test target for the Ninningers to test their skills.
- Japanese Delinquent: Kasha acted a lot like a thug.
- Rollerblade Good: Given the item it possessed.
- Sword Limbo: Rolls under Nagi's overconfident high slash.
- Villain Override: If he touches any vehicles with the rings he makes, it puts it under his control.
Voiced by: Keizo Yabe
While Takaharu was contemplating why he was kicked out of the dojo when he kept doing team exercises by himself while eating eggs from an oden cart, the fourth corrupted sealing shuriken possessed a refrigerator and transformed it into a monster specialized in trapping. In addition to spewing sticky web, it can swallow things into its icy-cold body.
- All Webbed Up: Tsuchigumo loves doing this, having done this to tie up a gaggle of civilians, then the core Otomonins.
- This also happens to anything Tsuchigumo has sucked up.
- Killed Off for Real: Was downed by the teamwork of the Karakuri Hengen's finishers by the Ninningers, then was felled by Shurikenjin Paon's Paon Boomerang.
- Awesome Backpack: Sports most of his refrigerator motif on his back, as well as his four extra limbs. This was later blasted off by Paonmaru.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous
- Spider Limbs: Limbs armed with ice skate-like blades.
- This Cannot Be!: Did not appreciated his extra legs getting blasted off by Paonmaru, almost to the point of a near existential crisis.
- Too Spicy for Tsuchigumo: How Takaharu manages to eventually escaped, with the help of Yoshitaka of helping his Flame Jutsu become stronger with some wind.
- Vacuum Mouth: Tsuchigumo's special ability is to become a giant shadowy web, with his head sticking out, then suck in anything loose.
Voiced by: Cho
Ungaikyo initially appears to be a good Youkai who wants to being happiness to children by giving them balloons. He really wants them to be spread far apart from one another so that he can create illusions of the Big Bad in giant form to bring terror to people.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Full stop.
- Death by Irony: What really clinched his first defeat was getting his Marionette Attack reflected back at him.
- Game Face: When it's time to spring the trap, Ungaikyo showed his true face.
- Killed Off for Real: Was downed by a Simultaneous Ninja Violent Slash by all the Ninningers, then was shot down by Shurikenjin UFO's UFO Big Bang.
- Non-Indicative Name: An Ungaikyo is a kind of tsukumogami that take the form of a possessed mirror. This Youkai, on the other hand, possessed a parabolic antenna instead.
- People Puppets: To a degree, his Marionette Attack, though it doesn't put the affected person truly under his bidding.
Voiced by: Yuji Kishi
A combination of Kibaoni and Roidmude power, he is a result of a corrupt sealing shuriken possessing a Spider Viral Core. Buruburu is able to access the Roidmude's Slowdown ability along with his power to spray a fluid that causes immense fear in people. After being defeated by the Ninningers, Roidmude 089 and the Great Leader of Shocker use the sealing shuriken to gain access to this form.
- Cool Sword: Is armed with twin calibers.
- Demonic Possession: Possessed the other Ninningers after trapping them in some of his fear sludge and a Slowdown. This is powerful enough where Buruburu transferred his Slowdown abilities onto the Ninningers.
- Fire Purifies: When Shinnosuke still thought the Ninningers were Roidmudes when they made a Slowdown, Takaharu threw his Ichibantou loaded with his Goton Nin Shuriken in the Fire setting into the puddle they were standing on. The puddle soon was revealed to be Buruburu possessing Yakumo, Nagi, Fuuka, and Kasumi, as the flames warded it off.
- Killed Off for Real: Was slain by the Ninningers' Simultaneous Ninja Violent Slashes.
- Rule of Scary: Buruburu emits fear itself in liquid form to scare people witless.
- Time Stands Still: Has the Roidmude ability to cause a Slowdown, thanks to him being born from a Spider Viral Core.
- These Ninja Were Framed: Framed the Ninningers with making a Slowdown so Kamen Rider Drive can attack them.
- Verbal Tic: Buru-buru.
Voiced by: Masaharu Sato
Gabi Raizou uses a corrupted sealing shuriken to possess a broken Clarinet, transforming it into Youkai Tengu. Tengu can play a music through his nose to summon a portal, and Raizou abducted one of the Ninningers in so that Aka Ninger will come out and fight him.
- Blow You Away: Carries a leaf fan staff that creates large gusts of wind.
- Brown Note: As fitting for his motif, Tengu can play music that's painful to hear.
- Fragile Speedster: Is incredibly fast with his wings but is taken out by two shots by the Karakuri Hengen Bow.
- Killed Off for Real: Shot down by a couple of shots by Ao Ninger and Momo Ninger, then cut down by Shurikenjin Paon's Paon Boomerang.
- Pinocchio Nose: Can extend his nose out as an attack when he went giant. This gets crushed when Shurikenjin Paon's trunk coiled around it when he tries it a second time.
- Pocket Dimension: Can open one up to either store kidnap victims or house a fight.
- Tengu: The monster this Youkai is based on.
Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki
A Youkai who was born from a corrupted sealing shuriken possessing a digital watch. Due to his time-travelling ability, he was specially tasked by Kyuemon to retrieve the End Shuriken that was present 10 years ago...
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: Gets inside the second Ninjutsu Dojo thanks to Takaharu taking Nekomata's timer with him, though he does a variation: he's just there to steal the End Shuriken.
- Animal Jingoism: Nekomata reacts with fright against Wanmaru. Fuuka is more than pleased to help make this trope happen.
- Attack Its Weak Point: To disable his Auto-Reviving powers, you need to destroy the source. The clock on his chest.
- Auto-Revive: Should he ever bite it, Nekomata can leave behind a timer that revives him.
- Bait-and-Switch: Got hooked by this twice. Once, he got tricked into getting out of the 2005!Dojo by 2005!Fuuka fake crying, making him come running to the source of despair. The second time, he blurted out his weak point.
- Cats Are Mean: He's a nekomata, so it's par for the course.
- The Chew Toy: Nekomata tends to get some very interesting injuries while on the job.
- Killed Off for Real: Lost his Sealing Shuriken to Ninja Red's Full Moon Slash, Hurricane Red's Vacuum Slash, and Aka Ninger's Ninja Slash. Is finally killed off for good by the Igasaki Ninningers' Sibling Ninja Violent Slash at normal size and Shurikenjin Paon's Paon Boomerang as a giant.
- Tail Rope: Used one of his tails to body bind Fuuka's friends together.
- Pungeon Master: Used puns revolving around the kanji of "Nekomata" in #8.
- Time Travel: His main schtick. He can also reverse an object's time (with whatever sapient caught in it still being aware of it), making them move backwards.
- Verbal Tic: Since he's a cat, he tends to say "nya". Also, his laughter is "gera gera".
Voiced by: Takumi Yamazaki
Using a sealing shuriken enchanted by Raizo, Kyuemon implanted it into a carpet to create a sorcerer-themed Youkai. He was tasked to retrieve it from Yakumo's mother, who secretly took it to be used as an accessory of one of her fashion works. Ittan-momen mainly casts transformation magic, in which he uses to reduce Ninninger's numbers, one by one.
- Visual Pun: A literal magic carpet.
Voiced by: Kōzō Shioya
A brawny Youkai with super strength augmented further by a construction crane. He was sent by Kyuemon to terrorize nearby people.
- Berserk Button: Did not like his photo taken, as Kinji learned the hard way.
- Blown Across the Room: Smacks Kinji a great distance away after the picture-happy Ninninger kept taking his picture.
- Killed Off for Real: Was slashed apart by Star Ninger's Wind Rockstar, then tagteamed by Bison King's Wild Buster and Shurikenjin Paon's Paon Boomerang
- Would Hurt a Child: Came this close to nearly hitting a innocent girl, had Kinji not protected her with his body.
- X-Ray Sparks: From being subjected to a Lightning Jutsu.
- You No Take Candle: Over-Time Subs gave this Youkai broken speech, despite the fact Daidarabotchi was perfectly capable of speaking Japanese.
Voiced by: Mitsuo Iwata
As Raizo instructed Kyuemon to draw Aka Ninger to him, she pasted a corrupted sealing shuriken onto a kettle. Enraenra can emit steam that curse nearby people into feeling down.
- Catchphrase: "At any rate..."
- Killed Off for Real: Was cut down by Ao Ninger's Ninja Violent Slash augmented by Star Ninger's Lightning Rockstar, then tag-teamed by Bison King's Wild Buster and Shurikenjin's Splendid Slash.
- Self-Deprecation: Does it to both himself and uses his steam to cause both human and Otomonin to be affected.
Voiced by: Keiji Hirai
The first Youkai created by Masakage by fusing a corrupted sealing shuriken with a pair of sneakers. He challenged Aka Ninger, Ki Ninger and Star Ninger to a race while Masakage held the rest of the Ninningers as well as other ninja competitors as hostages.
Voiced by: Masaki Terasoma
Masakage inserted a corrupted sealing shuriken into a public phone and instructed the resultant Youkai to depower the Ninningers by taking away their Transformation Nin Shurikens. Yamabiko has the power to call one of the ningers and impersonate another by voice. As Shiro Ninger, he tricked Aka Ninger into thinking that she has been kidnapped and he had to give out the rest of his teammate's Transformation Nin Shurikens in exchange of the hostage.
Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro
In his next antic, Masakage instructed Youkai Futakuchi-onna to take control of the team's Otomo Nin. Futakuchi-onna got hold of Rodeomaru, convinced him that he has not been treated properly by Star Ninger and got him to sign a contract, which put him under a spell where he turns berserk.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: By the corner, as her body tic.
- Bad Boss: On the receiving end by Masakage, as he threatens her into doing her job right, his way. Reminding her of this was also how she consciously broke her own spell; Kasumi convinced her that she could have rise to the top using her talents, rather than working under an unappreciative boss.
- Meganekko: Of the Cute Monster Girl variant.
- Smart Youkai Wear Glasses: Not suited for combat. Instead, her specialty is conning her enemies into fighting on her side.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Has a Grade A between her dress and boots.
Voiced by: Mitsuaki Madono
Masakage merged a corrupted sealing shuriken with a fountain pen Tsumuji dropped and tasked the resultant Youkai to track him to locate the Ninninger's team base.
- No-Sell: Being an umbrella-based monster, water attack has no effect on Kasabake.
Voiced by: Katsuhisa Hōki
Before enchanting an inflatable raft with a sealing shuriken, Masakage cast a spell so that only Star Ninger's Ninja Star Burger can detect it. Umibozu can summon a mist that shows an individual's fear and lure them into the sea. As Star Burger rescued a group of people from drowning this way, Umibozu sprayed the mist at him......
Voiced by: Tetsuo Gotō
Otoroshi has the power to control people, except it is too weak to be used efficiently; it only affects the target for a short period of time and cannot be used on another person simultaneously. But for some reason, Ao Ninger continued to defend Otoroshi when the spell should have worn off......
Advanced Youkai Nue
Voiced by: Masami Iwasaki
After sending Youkai after Youkai at the Ninningers, Masakage finally found the weaknesses of each of the teammates and is ready to destroy them. He got help from Gengetsu to create super strong Youkai for another measure. Using 2 corrupted shurikens at once, he turned a toolbox kit into Advanced Youkai Nue, who not only beaten the Ninningers with ease, but also destroyed some of their Nin Shurikens in the process, leaving the team with a huge handicap.
- This Is a Drill: Has one for his arm for close range and can even summon a saw drill blade for far range attacks.
- Breath Weapon: Can shoot one of these out of the second mouth on his shoulder.
A stray corrupted sealing shuriken possessed an Office Lady's handbag and transform into an elephant humanoid with the ability to eat a person's lifelong dream.
In an attempt to gather more fear for Ariake no Kata, Kyuemon pasted a corrupted sealing shuriken on a railroad crossing signal, turning it into Nurikabe. It has the ability to block people with "wall in life", causing despair.
While the male Ninningers trick their girls into getting scared in a "haunted" abandoned warehouse, Ariake got an idea to ambush the heroes and had Kyuemon use a corrupted sealing shuriken on their ice shaving machine.
- An Ice Person: Double-natched by her youkai motif and being made from an ice shaver.
Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki
- Backup Twin: They may or may not be related though.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Managed to impersonate Yoshitaka for most of the episode.
Advanced Youkai Konaki-jiji
- Lightning Bruiser: Already a heavy-hitter, being based on dumbbells, before he breaks out the Flash Step.
- Magic A Is Magic A: Has a very specific ability to stick older folks on younger folks' backs regardless of the age difference.
- When Elders Attack: Albeit more brutal than the usual version.
Advanced Youkai Oumukade
Advanced Youkai Oboroguruma
Unlike all the other Youkai, this one was created by first summoning six Gashadokuro and then fusing all of them together into Oboroguruma, the corpse-laden wagon.
- BFG: Armed with a large cannon over its head.
- Big Badass Rig: A more medieval take on the concept, this is basically the meat wagon from Warcraft III as a youkai.
- Dumb Muscle: One of the most fearsome Youkai since Gashadokuro... and acts like a complete dunce.
- Elite Mook: Seems to be the case, as Kyuuemon can easily make a second one the same way.
- Humongous Mecha: A rather ambiguous case, as Oboroguruma is apparently self-aware, but Masakage and later Gabi Raizou can take control by hopping into its head. They're literally taking up the space between its ears.
- The Juggernaut: Runs over Shurikenjin without straining itself.
When Ariake felt unwell and desperately needed despair, Masakage cast a barrier while turning a computer keyboard into a Yokai to target gaming kids and harvest their fear in secret.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: Sums up his whole character.
Formed offscreen from a Swiss army knife, Amikiri is just as dangerous as you'd expect.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: His snippers snip all.
Superior Youkai Shutendouji
Formed from a flag by Mangetsu, this is the first Yokai to use up four corrupted shuriken at once.
Formed from one of the most unlikely sources yet, a card game.
After defecting from Yoshitaka, Kyuemon set up his own Ninja Corps. It consists of 4 Dark Ninja disciples summoned through scrolls and they are backed by their own footsoldiers, the Supparage.
- Animal Motifs: Instead of being based on Youkai, the Dark Ninja are themed after animals.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: While Kuroari does have fire-shooting powers, Suzumebachi is the one emphasised to be The Archer.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Their standard-issue weapon just like the Ninninjers.
Speed Ninja Hayabusa
Voiced By: Hiromu Miyazaki
- Mythology Gag: His design was homage to Henshin Ninja Arashi, a Ninja hero created by Shotaro Ishinomori.
- Noble Bird of Prey: Being based on a falcon.
Sugoroku Ninja Ikkakusai
Voiced By: Taketora
- Amnesiac Resonance: In a sense. his power relied on memories from Tsumuji, and when the aforementioned person entered Ikkakusai game, it created scenes that show him the past of when he met Izayoi Kyuemon and how Izayoi stoled his Nintality.
- Rhino Rampage: His animal theme.
- Too Dumb to Live: For some reason decided to go into the history of dice games when he turn to a giant. The Ninninger promptly decided to just destroy him and get it over with.
Puppet Ninja Kuroari
Voiced By: Kenji Hamada
- People Puppets: Just for one person, though.
- Strong Ants: His animal motif.
- Visual Pun: He's shown Playing with Fire, which would make him a fire ant!
Substitution Ninja Mujina
Voiced By: Taiten Kusunoki
- Call-Back: A rodent-type with slicing attacks - he's Kamaitachi as a Knight of Cerebus.
- Running Gag: He had to correct people that he's a badger, not a raccoon. This possibly serves as a Shout-Out to Doraemon as well.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Killed by Kyuuemon.
Poison Arrow Ninja Suzumebachi
With Kyuemon defeated by the Ninningers, Masakage takes his Mallet and Yo Shuriken and used them to summon one of the Dark Ninjas.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: She was summoned after the destruction of the Karakuri Kyuubi by Masakage, considers herself as a member of the Secret Guards instead of the Izayoi Way, and never needs to give up her gear to Kyuuemon to power his Karakuri Kyuubi. Oh, and she's a girl.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: And that's about all they bother with to distinguish her.
- Poisonous Person: Her specialty.
- The Smurfette Principle: The one girl of the Kibaoni ninja group.
- The Straight and Arrow Path: Her main Weapon of Choice.
- Woman Scorned: When she realized too late that Aoninger pretended to return her love just to get the antidote, she's still not strong enough to take him down.
- Yandere: Has a wall with pictures of Aoninger and will kill anyone that gets in the way of her romance.