Second-Age Heroes | Second-Age Villains | Fourth-Age Heroes (Pillars of Equestria, Sisterhood of Magical Fillies [Dazzling Divas]) | Fourth-Age Villains (Tyrannos Pantheon, Children of Ispita, The Shadowed Ones, Tribalists, Autorists, Hydiantes) | The Grand Primevals | Amaredae | Equestrian Pantheon | Breezie Pantheon | Diamond Dog Pantheon | Gremlin Pantheon | Bogolenya Deer Pantheon (Belyolen, Temnobog, The Four Terrors) | Abyssinian Pantheon | Church of the Stars (Golden Scepter) | Virtusidae | Poenan Pantheon | Coltic Pantheon | Trimortidae | Hoyklan Deer Pantheon | Elternteil Deer Pantheon | Minotaur Pantheon | Jotunn Pantheon | Tauren Giant Pantheon | Draconic Pantheon | Shinseina Pantheon | Dharmadeshvar Pantheon | Zebrafrican Pantheon | Old Orosian Pantheon | Pramanthan Pantheon | Great Skunk Pantheon | Sauropodian Pantheon | Kaluan Pantheon | Novellus Pantheon | Unaffiliated Deities (Blue Suede Heartstrings) | Principalities of Equestria (Canterlot, Ponyville) | Sunnytown | Grittish Isles | Crystal Empire | Luchalibre | Alvslog Deer Realms | Erobreseg Deer Realms | Nordskelt Deer Realms | Abyssinia | The Storm Empire | Terran Empire (Blazing Hoof, Fanged Paw, Clear Voice, Crimson Star, Bright Eyes, Steel Barricade, Death Shroud, Written Word, Night Shade, Red Blade) | The Changeling Courts (Spring Court, Summer Court, Autumn Court, Winter Court) | Kulesian-Mazlander Commonwealth | The Cloven Empire | Friendship Gardens | Hyrule | Machina | Federal Republic of Ponyland | Neighpon | Imperium of Ponykind | Kerajaan Cahaya | Sauropoda | Hybrid Haven | Meridia | Dragonflights | Giants | Mephitidia | Mousikós | Alicorn Civilization | The Visitors | Creatures and Monsters | Historical and Mythical Characters
Prince Blazing Hoof, the Imperial Sword
Divine Classification: Ascendant
Prince Blazing Hoof is the firstborn son of Emperor Golden Scepter, and a demi-Alicorn Prince of the Terran Empire. He serves as Golden Scepter's second-in-command.
- Adaptational Heroism: Horus Lupercal was originally the favored son of the Emperor of Mankind, until he turned traitor thanks to a combination of the Emperor's actions and manipulations from the Chaos gods, creating the Horus Heresy that tore the Imperium of Mankind apart. Here, he's a benevolent demigod Prince who never turned traitor, as his father, Golden Scepter, went through lots of Character Development that heavily influenced how he raised his sons.
- Adult Fear: Even though his younger brother, Crimson Star, had acted like an Insufferable Genius, he was implied to have been devastated when he learned that Crimson Star was blinded in a carriage accident. And when he happened upon Fanged Star and a few brothers beating up Crimson Star sometime after the latter fell into a severe depression, with the latter not doing anything in self-defense out of guilt, he was so enraged that he moved to protect his injured brother alone, until Golden Scepter intervened.
- Affectionate Nickname: He's often called "Big Brother" by his younger brothers out of love and respect due to being the first born among them, despite not being the tallest of them (that honor would go to Forging Scale, the tallest of his brothers).
- Big Brother Instinct: When he saw Fanged Paw and a few other brothers beating up a despondent Crimson Star, with the latter not fighting back against his attackers at all, Blazing Hoof unhesitatingly moved to defend Crimson Star alone, even though his younger brother had been an Insufferable Genius to everyone prior to that. Golden Scepter would soon intervene before things got too bloody.
- Big, Stupid Doodoo-Head: Both Mercy and Baby Applejack have called him a "poopy-head", having been persuaded to do so by Fanged Paw and Steel Barricade. He starts worrying if this is going to be a new precedent for him every time he gets a new niece/nephew.Prince Blazing Hoof: (after Baby Applejack calls him a "poopy-head") ...Is this going to happen every time I gain a new niece or nephew?
- Butt-Monkey: He's shaping up to be this. So far, he's been called a "poopy-head" twice by his adoptive/biological nieces (two of whom had been persuaded to do so by Fanged Paw and Steel Barricade), and he got pranked on by Clear Voice and Raven Wing. Discovering that Clear Voice of all people decided to join in their mischievous brothers' antics shocked him.Prince Blazing Hoof: I think I'm going to quote Jasper on this one... Why does this keep happening to me?
- Calling the Old Man Out: He would confront Golden Scepter on how he handled the Pony Autorists that attacked the Terran Empire, assuming that his father just used his empathy powers on them and let them go as soon as they started showing signs of regret. Golden Scepter would explain to Blazing Hoof by personally showing the Pony Autorists the pain and suffering they've inflicted on his subjects, he would give them empathy for their victims, in turn realizing the consequences of their hatred and self-serving bigotry; the only way to alleviate their guilt would be to atone for their actions. Golden Scepter also pointed out that responding with harshness towards all of the Pony Autorists, as Blazing Hoof had intended, would only "beget hatred" in the long run, so he only focused on those who were genuinely unrepentant and bigoted while giving mercy to those who were simply misled.
- Captain Ersatz: Of Primarch Horus Lupercal. Much like Horus, he's the first son of a divine Emperor, and he serves as his father's second-in-command in both military and political duties. However, Golden Scepter becoming a kinder and more benevolent person would later influence his parenting methods when he decided to settle down and have a family, in turn influencing Blazing Hoof into becoming someone entirely different than the reviled traitor Horus was.
- Divine Parentage: Is the first-born demi-divine son of Emperor Golden Scepter and Blessed Skies, a mortal pegasus mare. This would make him Long-Lived until he Ascended and became an Alicorn demigod.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Played for laughs; he was utterly shocked when he discovered that Clear Voice, famous for being the most dutiful of his older/younger brothers, decided to team up with Raven Wing in pranking him.Prince Blazing Hoof: You too, Clear Voice?
Prince Clear Voice: It was going to happen sooner or later, Big Brother.
Prince Blazing Hoof: But... you, of all people? You're the dutiful one! I thought you knew better!
Prince Clear Voice: It is the duty of younger siblings to pester and annoy their elder siblings on some days. I may know better, as you said, but even I cannot avoid that particular duty for long.
- For Want of a Nail: In WH40k canon, Horus Lupercal turned traitor and and masterminded the events of the Horus Heresy, thanks to a combination of the Emperor's actions and manipulations of both Lorgar and the Chaos Gods. Here, the fact that Horus's pony counterpart, Blazing Hoof, is a benevolent Prince and hero shows how things could have gone differently if the Emperor actually tried to be a good father to his Primarch sons.
- Good Is Not Soft:
- He's implied to be a benevolent and politically active Prince who takes after his father. The fact that he was willing to deliver a harsh yet "just" punishment towards a group of Pony Autorists for attacking the Terran Empire shows just how ruthless he can be in protecting his subjects.
- As Fanged Paw's entry showed, he was willing to confront and beat up three of his own brothers in order to protect another, saving a severely injured Crimson Star when Golden Scepter heard the commotion and quickly intervened in the fight.
- Heroic Lineage: He is the first-born son of Golden Scepter, an antediluvian Alicorn Emperor who is an incredibly powerful psychic, a peerless genius and warrior, and a very competent leader who founded three empires in his lifetime. In addition, he's regarded as a legendary war hero even among the Alicorns, who were all saved from complete extinction thanks to his efforts. If his being inspired by Primarch Horus Lupercal is to go by, he supposedly embodies Golden Scepter's ambition.
- In the Blood: It's implied that he is a Reincarnation of Aurum Lupus, one of Golden Scepter's Generals from the Imperium era, who faithfully served him until he turned traitor and kick-started the "Aurum Apostasy" event after Golden Scepter became little more than a divine tyrant and Aurum Lupus received a vision of his leader being worshiped as a god by trillions of ponies. Golden Scepter strongly suspects as much, though Luminiferous points out that even if it is true, his son is still different from his past incarnation in many ways. True to form, it's because of Golden Scepter's good parenting that Blazing Hoof would never repeat his predecessor's mistakes and traitorous actions.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Imperial Sword", likely because as Golden Scepter's second-in-command, he has important duties involving the Terran Empire's military, similar to how Horus was appointed to the role of "Warmaster" in the Imperium of Mankind.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Is the oldest of Golden Scepter and Blessed Skies' demi-divine children, and has eighteen younger brothers. Then there's Majesty, a legendary unicorn queen, who became his big sister after his father finally formally acknowledged his adoption of her in the Fourth Age.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: He wanted to give some Pony Autorists "a harsh yet just punishment" for attacking the Terran Empire and their subjects. However, his father, Golden Scepter, decided to pick a more merciful option by personally showing the Pony Autorists the consequences of their hateful bigotry, allowing him to weed out the unrepentant from those who displayed genuine remorse. When Blazing Hoof confronted Golden Scepter about it, assuming the Pony Autorists were Easily Forgiven, Golden Scepter would explain that being harsh to everyone would only beget more hatred, and that it is sometimes best to show mercy to those who were simply misled, as all the Pony Autorists (save their leader, an genuinely unrepentant bigot until the end) were motivated to atone for their horrible actions because of the incident.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: In a Codexverse drabble, he roars this trope as he protects a severely injured Crimson Star from Fanged Paw and a few brothers who ganged up on him and beat him up, punctuating his words with his punches.Prince Blazing Hoof: (roaring) Get. Your. BUCKING. HOOVES. OFF. OF. MY. BROTHER!!!
- Reincarnation: He's implied to be one for Aurum Lupus, one of Golden Scepter's Imperium-era Generals who turned traitor and kick-started the "Aurum Apostasy" conflict after seeing his leader had become little more than a divine tyrant. This trope ends up being discussed when a heated argument with Written Word later causes Golden Scepter to wonder if all of his sons, including Blazing Hoof, are reincarnations of the same Generals that he had "treated so poorly". Luminiferous assures him that even if they are, all of his sons are still unique individuals with their own thoughts and feelings, and he has enough knowledge and experience to ensure that they'll have the "brighter future" that his Generals did not.
- Semi-Divine: Has a demi-divine heritage by virtue of his father, Golden Scepter, being an extremely ancient and powerful Alicorn god. After he Ascended, he himself became an Alicorn demigod, the Codexverse equivalent of an infant divine.
- Spared by the Adaptation: In 40k canon, Horus Lupercal turned into the Arch-Traitor, and then confronted and was eventually killed by the Emperor of Mankind during the Horus Heresy, with even his soul being obliterated from existence. Here in the Codexverse, he's alive because Golden Scepter being a good parent ensured that a similar catastrophe would never happen.
- What the Hell, Hero?: He would give his younger brother, Red Blade, an epic one for beating up a blinded Crimson Star and leaving him near death, therefore becoming no better than the bullies who used to pick on him every day.Prince Blazing Hoof: (to Prince Red Blade) I remember protecting you and walking with you to school so those BULLIES wouldn't attack you! I remember comforting you while Forging Scale put bandages on your wounds whenever you came back home CRYING and BRUISED! By Equus, I even remember Written Word looking after you when you came down with that nasty fever and nearly DIED from it! What HAPPENED to that quiet, kindhearted brother I used to know, Red Blade?! WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?!