Second-Age Heroes | Second-Age Villains | Fourth-Age Heroes (Pillars of Equestria, Sisterhood of Magical Fillies [Dazzling Divas]) | Fourth-Age Villains (Alicorn Ascendancy, Tyrannos Pantheon, Children of Ispita, The Shadowed Ones, Tribalists, Autorists, Hydianites) | The Grand Primevals | Efévresi | Amaredae | Equestrian Pantheon | Breezie Pantheon | Diamond Dog Pantheon | Gremlin Pantheon | Bogolenya Deer Pantheon (Belyolen, Temnobog, The Four Terrors) | Abyssinian Pantheon | Church of the Stars (Healing Song, Golden Scepter) | Virtusidae | Elder Quintumvirate | Poenan Pantheon | Coltic Pantheon | Trimortidae (Bossa Nova Heartstrings) | Caearnarian Deer Pantheon | Hoyklan Deer Pantheon | Elternteil Deer Pantheon | Minotaur Pantheon | Jotunn Pantheon | Tauren Giant Pantheon | Draconic Pantheon | Shinseina Pantheon | Dharmadeshvar Pantheon | Zebrafrican Pantheon | Old Orosian Pantheon | Pramanthan Pantheon | Great Skunk Pantheon | Sauropodian Pantheon | Kaluan Pantheon | Novellus Pantheon | Unaffiliated Deities (Blue Suede Heartstrings) | Principalities of Equestria (Canterlot, Ponyville) | Sunnytown | Grittish Isles | Crystal Empire | Luchalibre | Alvslog Deer Realms | Erobreseg Deer Realms | Nordskelt Deer Realms | Caearnar | Abyssinia | The Storm Empire | Terran Empire (Aureusidae [Blazing Hoof, Fanged Paw, Forging Scale, Clear Voice, Crimson Star, Bright Eyes, Steel Barricade, Death Shroud, Written Word, Night Shade, Red Blade]) | The Changeling Courts (Spring Court, Summer Court, Autumn Court, Winter Court) | Kulesian-Mazlander Commonwealth | Malrègnar Empire | Vertusia | New Crypta | The Cloven Empire | Zebrica | Friendship Gardens | Hyrule | Machina | Federal Republic of Ponyland | Coltalia | Neighpon | Imperium of Ponykind | Kerajaan Cahaya | Sauropoda | Hybrid Haven | Meridia | Dragonflights | Giants | Mephitidia | Mousikós | Alicorn Civilization | Empire of the Fae | The Visitors | Creatures and Monsters | Historical and Mythical Characters | The Lost Ones
Church of the Stars
"Through unity, we seek the stars. Through seeking the stars, we break our boundaries. Through breaking boundries, we become greater. Through becoming greater, we will break the Cycle."
— Church of the Stars holy text
While the kingdom of Kerajaan Cahaya promotes religious freedom for all of its inhabitants by royal decree, there is one religion that many practice: The Church of the Stars.
A peaceful religion, the Church of the Stars promotes the voice of Unity, as it is believed through Unity that the "Cycle" can be broken. According to Queen Dazzleglow, the Cycle is an endless loop of the rise and fall of great nations, kingdoms, cities, and even races, with their ultimate demise being brought on by their own failings and/or circumstances beyond their control. The Church of the Stars seeks to put an end to the Cycle and reject its inevitability by letting go of grudges, biases, and pride while looking for ways to look past barriers so people could cooperate with one another. Because of this, a main requirement for joining the Church is having the willingness and ability to teach, so people can learn from the mistakes of the past and improve on them, eventually rising to the level of gods.
The Church of the Stars, appropriate to its name, also encourages worshipers to seek "the voice of the stars". As shown with Queen Dazzleglow and several other Sparkle Ponies involved with the Church, this is revealed to be a spatial version of telepathy where the user(s) can commune with celestial bodies such as stars, planets, and meteors, and look to them for guidance. In hostile situations, the celestial bodies can be called upon to descend from the skies and smite an intended foe. It is believed that the stars hold the answer to breaking the Cycle.
However, it is also advised never to go looking into the Cosmic Void on the day the Cycle breaks, for something sinister with hungry eyes lurks within. Queen Dazzleglow has refused to elaborate on this, merely stating it was part of the religion her father followed and that she trusted him on the matter.
The Church's current roster consists of Luminiferous, Prince Arcaniss, Prince Healing Song, Princess Jiniri, Princess Brightglow, Prince Sparkling Wing, Princess-Regent Merula, Emperor Golden Scepter, Princess Nete, Princess Amicitia Sparkle Equestria (born Twilight Sparkle), Kúzelník, Princess Stitching Time, and of course, Queen Dazzleglow herself. While Dazzleglow is a central figure of worship, being the leader of the Church and the divine sovereign of Kerajaan Cahaya, her peers are equally revered and beloved; even Luminiferous is worshiped by the Church's mortal followers despite his appearance attracting skepticism and fear. Other candidates like Blue Suede Heartstrings and Crystal Prism were considered, but Blue refused to join out of humility, while Crystal Prism wanted to recover from his traumatic Ascension and sort out everything in his life first.
Originally, Princesses Happyglow and Starglow were part of the Church and Kerajaan Cahaya's government, but they have since left, leaving their respective positions as the Head of Equintarian Concerns and the Church's Head Priest occupied by other ponies. According to Dazzleglow and Brightglow, their two sisters have "returned to their father" instead of sleeping in stasis on Equus like they did, though it has been debated on what that means.
open/close all folders
- The Ace: There are a few members who are "prodigy deities", such as Golden Scepter, Luminiferous, Kúzelník, and Healing Song. These individuals are incredibly powerful compared to "normal" deities, and their physical and magical growth rates are accelerated to abnormal degrees.
- The Ageless: All of the Church's members have stopped physically aging upon Ascending to godhood. But the nature of deities in general means that they still "age" in the sense of growing stronger and more eldritch over the years.
- All Your Powers Combined: The Alicorn members of the Church have the combined magics of all mortal Pony tribes, since they are living embodiments of Ponykind itself.
- The Atoner: Three of the Church's members, Stitching Time, Golden Scepter, and Kúzelník, have each done bad things in the past before joining.note After realizing the error of their ways, all three of them have tried to make amends with those they have hurt so they can redeem themselves.
- Awful Truth: Part of the Church's plan to break "The Cycle" involves knowledge about the Cosmic Void and its prisoner, a malevolent deity called the Void Sovereign. The members of the Church keep this a secret from everyone save for those they trust, because they want Equus's population at large to become strong enough to properly fight the Void Sovereign when the day comes. Releasing the truth too early would make the public panic knowing that something is out there, sealed in the universe, and will cause the death of the planet once it gets out.
- Benevolent Precursors: The majority of them are members of precursor civilizations who willingly sealed themselves away to aid the future and finally end the Cycle once and for all as well as eventually stop the Void Sovereign. Princess Twilight/Amicitia Sparkle and Kúzelník are the only members introduced to not be this trope, as they joined the Church in the current Age.
- Beware the Nice Ones: All of them are compassionate and diplomatic people who are all dedicated to breaking "The Cycle". Almost all of them are also powerful and ancient deities who won't hesitate to fight their enemies if necessary. Even Princess Twilight/Amicitia and Princess Nete, who are the youngest members of the Church (though technically Nete is much older due to being from the Third Age), are friendly and benevolent divine sovereigns who also fought some of Equus' biggest threats in their time.
- When Kúzelník confessed his fears of being found by the Elternteil Deer Pantheon and having his inner evil "erased" as punishment, all of the Church members vowed to protect him until his family learns the error of their ways. As Dazzleglow points out, they won't hesitate to sic Golden Scepter on them, either, since Golden Scepter once terrified High King Irminsul into completely avoiding the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon for spouting racist things about them.
- A group of Clovenists attacked Kerajaan Cahaya to "free" the country from its divine sovereigns and allies, calling the Church of the Stars "a club of cruel, manipulative, scheming divine tyrants". The Clovenists were easily and soundly defeated, presumably by said divine sovereigns.
- When Prince Healing Song faced constant pressure from older and/or traditionalist deities to make himself look like a respectable god, he nearly considered leaving the Church. His divine peers persuaded him not to, and rose to his defense many times. Queen Dazzleglow even made it clear that those who are caught harassing her friends and/or her subjects will be dealt with accordingly.
- Big Good: As a whole, they serve as this for the entire setting, being focused on reintroducing ancient concepts to the Fourth Age, teaching mortal sapientkind how to reach for the stars and thus reach their level, and make sure that everyone on Equus is strong enough to fight the Void Sovereign on the day he breaks out of his prison and tries assimilating Equus into the Cosmic Void again. Some of the Church's members also serve as one within their own country/kingdom/realm/empire if they have one, typically as a divine sovereign themselves.
- Deity of Human Origin: Most members of the Church were once mortal sapient beings before they Ascended to godhood, nurtured and mentored by older deities like Luminiferous or, in Prince Healing Song and Princess Nete's cases, Blue Suede Heartstrings. Golden Scepter is speculated In-Universe to have once been mortal due to being an Alicorn, though the ambiguity of his origins due to his extremely ancient age leaves the theory rather spotty at best. The only ones who didn't Ascend are Kúzelník and Luminiferous himself - the latter was instead an exact clone of his "father", Morning Star, and was originally created to be a perfect weapon against the Alicorns... but he followed a different path instead. The former was born already a god to deities classified as "Elemental/Ethereal" beings.
- Fantastic Racism: Defied and averted. A core belief maintained by this pantheon is that racism and pride would perpetuate a Vicious Cycle of great civilizations rising and falling due to their people's collective flaws, so they try to break the Cycle by preaching friendship and unity. As such, many members are either diplomatic divines, and/or embody positive concepts such as Nobility, Potential, and Leadership. Two members, Golden Scepter and Kúzelník, engaged in this in the past (with the former reaching Absolute Xenophobe levels) until they realized the error of their ways and changed, becoming more tolerant towards other races as a result. Queen Dazzleglow also makes the Church's aversion and opposition of racism quite clear when Kúzelník confessed his fears of being found by his family, the Elternteil Deer Pantheon.Queen Dazzleglow: (to Kúzelník) Do not worry, Kúzelník. In this Church and my kingdom, pride is not tolerated. Racism is not tolerated. And so are those other unsavory behaviors you spoke of. If your parents, or any of your siblings and relatives from that pantheon, ever decide to come here and try take you away, we will do everything we can to prevent it from happening... Or we can just have Golden scare them away. I heard he was QUITE successful in one confrontation...
- Fling a Light into the Future: Save for Luminiferous, Prince Sparkling Wing, and Prince Healing Song, who continued wandering Equus throughout the Known Ages, most members of the Church of the Stars have done this by putting themselves into a magical sleep, so they could wake up and help the people of later Ages avert the disasters that befell their times. Golden Scepter did this unintentionally during Pre-Known History, having been sealed away in stasis after he was gravely injured in a coup led by one of his traitorous Generals, but ended up being forgotten and instead slept all the way to the Second Age. Kúzelník and Princess Twilight/Amicitia are both aversions, as they both joined in the Fourth Age.
- Humanoid Abomination: Because of how aging works for deities in the Codexverse, the Alicorn members of the Church have been developing eldritch traits such as multi-colored wings, increased physical size, and Magic Hair. Golden Scepter fits this category the most, as he is the oldest of the Church's Alicorns (and the oldest member of the pantheon in general) and thus looks very similar to Queen Mzazi in terms of eldritch appearance, though Luminiferous and Dazzleglow are not very far behind. Kúzelník, a divine Deer joint-member of the Church and Bogolenya Deer Pantheon, also counts, as his nature and status as a "prodigy deity" gives him a starry appearance that changes depending on his mood. That being said, they're still benevolent deities who seek to help mortals break free of Vicious Cycles.
- Immortal Ruler: Some members are divine rulers of their own kingdoms and empires, including Kerajaan Cahaya (Dazzleglow and Brightglow), Mousikós (Nete), the Terran Empire (Golden Scepter), and Equestria (Twilight/Amicitia). Grizelda II averts this by choosing to be a moral teacher for her people in Griffonstone instead of establishing her rightful dominion over her native kingdom. Sparkling Wing also averts this as he was planned by his mother to succeed her as king, but his subjects didn't want a male ruler in a matriarchal kingdom and pressured his mother into having a daughter instead. That being said, Golden Scepter has been helping Sparking Wing become this by teaching him everything about leadership.
- Large and in Charge: A few of the Church deities are large-sized, and the highest authority figures in both the Church itself and the kingdoms/civilizations they rule over. Arcaniss is a Dragon Prince, and while smaller than Tiamat and Bahamut, he's large enough to be often mistaken for a mountain. Golden Scepter is the tallest of the Church's Alicorn members and the second-largest deity of the Church overall after Arcaniss, and he has founded and ruled over three empires over the course of his incredibly long life.
- Long Game: The plan that led to its formation took 20,000 years to finally lead to its creation, and isn't nearly done.
- Magic Hair: Save for Arcaniss, who is a divine dragon, and Grizelda II, who is a Celestial Griffon, all members have supernatural manes and tails, which is due to their excessive magic leaking into their hair. Dazzleglow's hair is made of blue and white energy; Luminiferous has fiery hair due to being a clone of the Fallen god Morning Star; Jiniri's hair is made of rippling sand; Brightglow's hair is made of pink and purple energy; Merula's hair is made of pure silver-colored magic; Healing Song's hair is made of golden Psionic energy (though he admits he expected his hair to be made of sound energy like Blue Suede Heartstrings); and Sparkling Wing's hair resembles ethereal, wispy clouds. Golden Scepter's hair in his "true" form is made of black spatial energy that shows stars and burning yellow giants, though it's mentioned that his "default" form has normal yet twinkling hair. Kúzelník is a weird case as while he's a divine Deer stag, his pelt is magical, showing off scenes of cosmic phenomena that change depending on how he feels. It also borders on Kaleidoscope Hair as his pelt also changes colors depending on his mood.
- The Magnificent: All of them have titles that refers to their deeds or what they are; Dazzleglow is "the Shining Queen of Kerajaan Cahaya", Brightglow is "the Stellar Diplomat", Stitching Time is "the Princess of Time", Luminiferous is "the Devil Child" (though it's more Red Baron than anything), Jiniri is "the Lady of Miracles", Arcaniss is "the Amethyst Guardian", Merula is "the Guardian Angel", Sparkling Wing is "the Royal Unifier", Healing Song is "the Divine Teacher", and Golden Scepter is "the Radiant Emperor" (his title used to be "the Radiant Emperor of Ponykind", but he dropped the Ponykind part after realizing it held In-Universe racist implications for his subjects). Princess Twilight Sparkle is called "the Bearer of Magic", though after Ascending to Godling status and becoming the ruling sovereign of Equestria as Princess Amicitia Sparkle Equestria upon Celestia and Luna's abdication, she became known as "the Spark of Friendship". Kúzelník is known as "the Sorcerer of the Stars", and Princess Nete, currently the youngest member of the Church (technically, as she is a demi-goddess from the Third Age), is known as "the Scholarly Insight". Grizelda II is known as "the Heart of Griffonstone".
- Physical God: All of them are corporeal deities, and incredibly ancient and powerful. The oldest and most powerful of them is Golden Scepter, an "Antecedent"-ranked Alicorn god and "prodigy deity" who lived before Known History, with Luminiferous, a "Titan"-ranked Alicorn, coming in second. The youngest member is currently Princess Nete, a ruling Alicorn Princess from the island of Mousikós who is also a demigoddess, though many benevolent deities are invested in helping her Ascend to true godhood. The second-youngest member of the Church would be Princess Twilight/Amicitia Sparkle, who is an Alicorn Godlingnote .
- Pretty Princess Powerhouse: Barring Dazzleglow, who is an Alicorn Queen, the female members of the Church are beautiful Alicorn Princesses, but they're also very powerful goddesses who can hold their own in a fight.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: All members of the Church are benevolent authority figures, whether in Kerajaan Cahaya or their own kingdoms (if they have one). Because of this, they are beloved by their mortal subjects.
- Notably, Crystal Prism was offered to join, but they accepted his refusal since he's still mentally recovering from his traumatic Ascension. They also respected Blue Suede Heartstring's decision when he refused to join out of humility.
- When Prince Healing Song faced constant pressure to make himself look like a respectable god from older and/or traditionalist deities, the rest of the Church proceeded to defend him many times, with Queen Dazzleglow making it clear that anyone harassing her friends or subjects will be accordingly dealt with.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Most of the Church members were rulers of their own kingdoms, or at least came from a royal background before they "flung" themselves into a more modern Age. All of them are Ascendant gods and goddesses who are quite capable of leading and kicking ass.
- Secret Keeper: Anyone who joins the Church of the Stars has access to knowledge about the plan to break "The Cycle", as well as the Void Sovereign's plans for Equus and his attempted endgame in the Second Age. However, they also have to be sworn to secrecy so they wouldn't risk ruining their plan and spelling Equus's doom by making the public panic. While the secrecy is for good intentions, it's played realistically as Dazzleglow's secretive behavior has caused some to doubt the benevolence of her and the Church's intentions - Crystal Prism is starting to have his doubts and suspicions about her, and Temnobog assumed that her breaking of the Cycle would result in a completely utopian planet that would ultimately stagnate and become corrupt, until Dazzleglow privately came clean with the latter god. Golden Scepter admits that he is worried by Dazzleglow's secrecy, because he had tried the same thing for millennia - withholding his plans from his own subjects because he felt he couldn't trust mortals with his knowledge - only for it to backfire on him spectacularly. By the time Princess Twilight/Amicitia joins the Church, he came to see the secrecy as a "necessary evil".
- Supernatural Elite: All members of the Church are gods and goddesses, and the highest authorities of Kerajaan Cahaya. Some of them are actual royalty, with a few either ruling a kingdom/empire of their own or coming from royal families.
- Supernatural Floating Hair: The Alicorn members of the Church have perpetually rippling hair as the result of their age and huge magic reserves.
- These Are Things Man Was Not Meant to Know: One of the Church decrees advises people never to go looking in the "Cosmic Void", as... something lurks within, given how a pony ended up in there and came out as the Void Traveler in the Second Age. It's eventually revealed to be the prison of the Void Sovereign, a Mad God that nearly consumed the planet Equus in the past, who Void Traveler was the herald of. It's mentioned in both Codexverse entries and supplementary drabbles/quotes that anyone who enters the Church as a member has to swear an oath of secrecy to keep the knowledge from getting out and causing global panic.
- Time Abyss: All of the deities in the Church are very old, to varying degrees. Jiniri and Sparkling Wing are from the Third Age, while Healing Song, Dazzleglow, and Brightglow and their sisters are from the Second Age. Arcaniss is from the First Age, and thus knew even Megann Wilms/Megan Williams, the Rainbow Empress. Golden Scepter is the oldest member of the pantheon, having been born before Known History in a period where the Alicorns of yore had their own civilization, while Luminiferous, the second-oldest, was born after the "Twilight of the Alicorns" and Morning Star's subsequent exile.
- Token Minority: Most of the Church's members are Alicorns, both male and female. The non-Alicorn members are a divine Dragon and a Deer god, though Luminiferous muddles things due to being a Nightmareified Alicorn and an exact clone of his "father" Morning Star. Upon joining the Church, Prince Healing Song became the only blind Alicorn member of the Church, and the only Church deity with a handicap in general.
- Two Girls to a Team: Inverted and then subverted. Initially, the only male members of this pantheon are Luminiferous and Prince Arcaniss, while the rest are Alicorn goddesses. Crystal Prism and Blue Suede Heartstrings, both male Alicorns, were both offered a place in the Church but refused to join for personal reasons. Despite the addition of male members over the years, the pantheon is prevented from becoming a fully Gender-Equal Ensemble because the female-male ratio is always thrown off by one, with the latest goddess to join the Church being Princess Nete.
- True Companions: While Dazzleglow is the leader of the Church, she and the rest of the pantheon treat each other as equals and best friends. When Prince Healing Song faced great pressure from older and/or traditionalist deities to make himself appear respectable, to the point where he nearly quit the Church, his peers leaped to his defense, with Dazzleglow making it clear that anyone caught harassing the Church deities or their mortal subjects/followers will be dealt with accordingly.
- Vertebrate with Extra Limbs: The more ancient members of the Church, such as Luminiferous, Dazzleglow, and Golden Scepter, have multiple wings and/or are in the process of growing extra pairs - Luminiferous and Dazzleglow are growing out a second pair of wings which Luminiferous eventually finishes, while Golden Scepter has six wings with a fourth pair on the way and has already started by the time he visited Queen Mzazi in her kingdom.
- Vicious Cycle: Defied. All members of the Church are dedicated to freeing Equus from "The Cycle", which is a rise-fall cycle that has reduced great civilizations, species, and kingdoms to ruins due to their own flaws and pride. Two members, Dazzleglow and Golden Scepter, have had personal experiences with particular cycles, which made them even more determined to break "The Cycle".
- Warrior Prince: Those who bear the title of Prince, such as Arcaniss, Healing Song, and Sparkling Wing, are ancient, powerful deities with combat experience, though Healing Song and Sparkling Wing are Martial Pacifists who mostly stick to defense/support roles unless warranted. It's subverted with Kúzelník who, while a Prince and The Archmage who embodies Sorcery, is a Squishy Wizard heavily reliant on his magic, though he's trying to remedy this by learning how to fight from combat-oriented deities.
- Winged Unicorn: Almost all of the Church members are Alicorns. Prince Arcaniss and Kúzelník are the only exceptions, since they're a dragon god and Deer god, respectively, unless Luminiferous isn't counted as a "true" Alicorn due to actually being a Nightmarified one and a clone of Morning Star (though in appearance only).
Prince Healing Song, the Divine Teacher
Kúzelník, the Sorcerer of the Stars
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Elemental
Portfolio: Sorcery, Transformation, Duality
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"To perform sorcery is to transform the nature and flow of the world, and the change can be for both good, or ill."
Kúzelník (his entry here) is the Deer god of Sorcery, Transformation, and Duality, and a joint-member of both the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon and the Church of the Stars.
- Adorkable: He's very intelligent and well-learned, with a thirst for knowledge. Learning that the blind Terran Prince, Crimson Star, shared many of the same attributes caused him to Squee!, and the feeling was mutual.
- Afraid of Their Own Strength: Justified. He was taught by his parents to learn only the druidic Earth and Nature magic as well as "white" magic practiced by the Alvslog Deer Herds because Irminsul and Arvan were afraid of him becoming another Grogar. This instilled in him a fear of becoming like Grogar if he ever decided to use the "black" magic aspects of Sorcery that he embodied, even for beneficial purposes. It's deconstructed in that the limits imposed on him actually left him weaker and unable to properly fight certain threats, as he learned the hard way when he tried freeing a non-Deer kingdom from a cabal of tyrannical and greedy sorcerers using just the magic his parents made him learn. His parents, especially Irminsul, also turned out to be Hypocrites for being willing to try make their then-unborn son perfect and flawless by erasing his inner evil, effectively killing him in the womb and creating the very god Kúzelník initially despised, Temnobog. Learning that Irminsul is capable of purifying his own children caused Kúzelník to run away in terror. It's eventually reconstructed in that this discovery, combined with being hailed as a hero instead of reviled when he used "black" magic to obliterate the aforementioned cabal of sorcerers, helped him break away from his parents' teachings and become comfortable with using his Sorcery domain however he liked. Receiving magical tutelage from Temnobog and Belyolen once he reconciled with them helped, too.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a joint-Deer god of the Church and Bogolenya Deer Pantheon who embodies Sorcery, Transformation, and Duality.
- The Archmage: He's the joint-god of Sorcery for both the Church of the Stars and the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon, and his domains, combined with his incredible intelligence and aptitude for learning and magic, make him an incredibly powerful sorcerer. His potential was what made Irminsul and Arvan restrict what he could learn and use out of fear, forcing him to only learn the druidic Earth and Nature magic practiced by the Alvslog Deer Herds as well as "white" magic in general so he wouldn't become another Grogar. However, Temnobog's emotional abuse and the "First/Second Splintering" kicked off a series of events that led to him leaving the Elternteil Deer Pantheon, and he proceeded to use his newfound freedom to practice whatever magic he pleased after resorting to "black" magic to obliterate a tyrannical cabal of sorcerers. His entry notes that while he is proficient with the Alvslog Deer Herds' druidic magic, he is versatile in both White Magic and Black Magic as well as Elemental magic, such as fire, water, earth, and air. As part of his Sorcery domain, he has incredible Psychic Powers which includes psychic foresight, though he admits that Prince Crimson Star, his best friend, is the better psychic of the two of them due to embodying Psionics and being adept with it in general.
- The Atoner: He became this after running away from home. Seeing how toxic and hypocritical his family is, especially his parents, caused him to regret many of his actions, including his emotional abuse of Temnobog, his younger brother. Despite giving Temnobog a heartfelt apology, he initially believed that any retribution is well-deserved and was even willing to let Temnobog injure him out of penance. However, Golden Scepter broke him out of this harmful mindset by encouraging him to learn from his mistakes and make amends with his siblings instead, something that he took to heart and follows to this day.
- Badass Cape: He's described as wearing a thick sorcerer's cloak that has starry properties. He's also a powerful Deer god of Sorcery, and a magical and intellectual prodigy that might surpass even his parents once he gets "older". It's noted, though, that his powers allow him to change his clothes on a whim, and it's rumored In-Universe that his clothes are actually made from his own magic.
- Birds of a Feather: Much like Prince Crimson Star, he was born into royalty as a son of a very powerful divine sovereign, embodies magic in some form (Sorcery for him, Psionics for Crimson Star), and is an extremely intelligent prodigy who desires to gain knowledge about all things, including topics that are considered to be dangerous. And like Crimson Star, he once behaved like a haughty Jerkass until certain events humbled him and changed his beliefs. According to Princess Twilight/Amicitia, meeting each other in person and discovering they're extremely alike in many ways caused Kúzelník and Crimson Star to share a mutual Squee!.
- Black and White Insanity: Deconstructed. He once shared the puristic morality as his parents and older/younger siblings, which proved to be extremely toxic and damaging in the long run. His emotional abuse of Temnobog for being born led to the latter snapping and antagonizing his family out of sheer resentment and spite, while his parents' teachings and attempts to control his magical potential led to him fearing the idea of becoming like Grogar if he used his more destructive spells, even though they do have beneficial uses. What broke him out of this mindset were his family's mistreatment of Blue Suede Heartstrings (and seeing Blue show his mother genuine kindness), discovering that his parents caused Temnobog's birth in the first place, his globe-trotting adventures (one of which he defeated a cabal of tyrannical sorcerers with Black Magic and freed a kingdom from them), and learning the philosophy of "constructive Evil" from Belyolen and Temnobog.
- Black Magic: His entry notes that he knows "evil" and destructive magic like raising the dead, stealing away a person's life-force for himself, and casting a large variety of curses and hexes. Some of said curses and hexes were taught to him by his younger brother, Temnobog.
- Blue Is Heroic: Double-subverted. It's noted that he wears dark royal blue robes with silver regalia/armor, as well as a thick sorcerer's cloak with starry properties, which makes him resemble his infernal grandnephew, Prince Stoltur. While he initially shared his family's toxic, haughty, self-righteous, and puristic behaviors (much to his great shame), he eventually left his family behind after seeing the consequences of said behaviors up close, and Took a Level in Kindness during his subsequent adventures in the outside world, eventually settling down as a joint-member of both the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon and the Church of the Stars.
- Bonding Over Missing Parents: After his official adoption by Golden Scepter, he was able to easily connect with the Terran Princes because they both lost a loved one - the Terran Princes lost their mother, Blessed Skies, to old age, while Kúzelník's unborn brother was killed in the womb by Irminsul when he tried purifying his son of his inner evil to make him perfect and completely flawless.
- Broken Pedestal: He used to love Irminsul, but learning that his father was responsible for creating Temnobog after teaching him not to become like Grogar in any way left Kúzelník feeling betrayed, though that wasn't enough to make him leave as he wanted to make sense of the new information. Learning that Temnobog came to be in the first place because Irminsul selfishly tried to create a perfect and flawless heir, effectively mutilating and killing his then-unborn son, enraged Kúzelník to the point where he confronted his father over it (among other things). Irminsul accidentally implying he won't hesitate to do the same to his other children if they fell below his standards motivated Kúzelník to run away from home.
- His feelings of Broken Pedestal towards Irminsul eventually reached a point where he wishes he was Golden Scepter's son instead of Irminsul's due to the former being a much nicer and fatherly divine sovereign, but feels that he shouldn't be indulging in "childish fantasies". Thankfully, Golden Scepter is quite understanding of Kúzelník's situation and officially adopts him as his son, with the Terran Princes welcoming him warmly into the family.
- Calling the Old Man Out: He would confront his father, Irminsul, after the Elternteil Deer Pantheon failed to punish Blue Suede Heartstrings for "stealing away" their mortal Alvslog Deer subjects. His entry then notes that he was both horrified and furious when he learned that Temnobog was born because Irminsul selfishly tried to turn his then-unborn son into a pure and flawless god according to his standards, effectively mutilating and killing him in the womb.Kúzelník: (roaring at Irminsul) You HYPOCRITE! All this time, I could have had a brother whom I would love and cherish as part of my family... and you MUTILATED him inside Mother's own womb because you wanted my brother to be PERFECT!
- Cruel and Unusual Death: He sees Irminsul's action of "purifying" his then-unborn younger brother of his inner evil as mutilation, as it led to said younger brother dying in the womb in order to make way for his bifurcated parts, Belyolen and Temnobog. Learning that his father is capable of the same to him and his siblings should they fall below his standards caused Kúzelník to develop the worst impression of Irminsul and run away from home after a nasty argument. This is what largely factored into his fear of Irminsul, and motivated him to seek protection in both the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon and the Church of the Stars, as he might be punished for running away with what he essentially sees as a death sentence. Notably, when he explained Irminsul's actions to Princess Twilight/Amicitia Sparkle, it was horrifying enough to make her sick to her stomach.
- Curses: As the Deer god of Sorcery, he knows a lot of curses and hexes. His entry notes that some of them were taught to him by Temnobog, his younger brother.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Whenever he feels extreme negative emotions like sorrow or anger, his fur turns black and starts showing violent cosmic phenomena like meteor showers and supernovas. Despite this, he's a benevolent Deer god of Sorcery, though it took him a long time to reach that point because of the bad influence of his haughty, puristic, xenophobic, and self-righteous parents.
- Defector from Decadence: He eventually grew disgusted with his family and mortal subjects' arrogance, self-righteousness, racism, and reactionary behaviors, especially after discovering that Temnobog was born thanks to his "benevolent" parents, and witnessing his family mistreat Blue Suede Heartstrings for being a non-Deer interloper who "stole away" their mortal subjects. After an argument with his father led to him assuming that Irminsul would not hesitate to "purify" his other children should they fall below his standards, he ran away from home and sought protection from both his siblings and other benevolent deities after doing some soul-searching.
- Freudian Excuse: He is terrified of Irminsul because during a nasty argument between them, he discovered, to his horror, that his father was trying to create a perfect, flawless heir by purifying his then-unborn son in the womb, effectively killing his son and creating Belyolen and Temnobog instead. Learning during an emotionally-charged moment that Irminsul is capable of doing the same thing to his other children if they fall below his standards caused Kúzelník to run away from home in sheer terror. And since then, he's afraid of going back home because he'll be punished with what he sees as a Cruel and Unusual Death if he does. While Kúzelník is trying to overcome his fear with Mentálne's help, he still feels afraid when the Elternteil Deer Pantheon is brought up around him, to the point where he started wishing that he was Golden Scepter's son instead of Irminsul's. Learning that Golden Scepter is quite willing to officially adopt him as his son caused Kúzelník to break down crying.
- Happily Adopted: As of this canonized Codexverse quote, he's officially adopted by Golden Scepter as one of his sons. At first, Kúzelník feared the Terran Princes wouldn't like him, but they welcomed him warmly into the family and even sympathized with his loss of his unborn younger brother to Irminsul, with Prince Written Word hugging him.
- Holy Halo: Much like Golden Scepter, his head is adorned with a bright divine halo as an indicator of his great power, except his is explicitly described as being made of starlight.
- Humanoid Abomination: Cervine equivalent. Compared to his parents, who have eldritch traits themselves due to being "older" deities, his eldritch nature is much more obvious. He has an ethereal pelt that displays various cosmic phenomena such as stars and nebulas, and his antlers sparkle with stars. Whenever he goes into the extreme sides of his emotions, his pelt changes depending on what he feels, becoming bright and radiant when extremely happy, and black-furred/antlered when extremely sad or angry, with the cosmic phenomena in his pelt becoming more violent. In addition, he has a Holy Halo made of starlight adorning his head, a sign of his great power. However, he is a benevolent and heroic deity, though it took him a while to get to where he is now thanks to Irminsul and Arvan's toxic teachings and influence. His eldritch traits are also normal for deities in the Codexverse, as they only get Stronger with Age.
- Interspecies Adoption: He wishes that he was a son of Golden Scepter instead of Irminsul, but (likely due to his upbringing) doesn't believe that interspecies adoption between deities is possible. Golden Scepter confirms that yes, it is, and upon learning that the Radiant Emperor is quite willing to officially adopt him as his son, Kúzelník breaks down crying in Golden Scepter's forelegs. The adoption is finalized as of this Codexverse quote, with the Terran Princes welcoming him warmly.
- Jerkass Realization: Thanks to Irminsul and Arvan's influence, he initially shared his family's prideful, racist, reactionary, and self-righteous traits. He held a puristic view of morality, seeing those who embody Evil like Temnobog and/or do things his parents frown upon are automatically "evil", and believed that mortal Deerkind must remain pure and good in order to endure calamities that plagued mortal/divine sapientkind. He also took part in Temnobog's emotional abuse, which led to the latter snapping and becoming genuinely evil for a time. He eventually realized how toxic and hypocritical his family is after seeing their mistreatment of Blue Suede Heartstrings and discovering that Irminsul and Arvan were responsible for Temnobog's existence, and after running away from home following a nasty argument with his father, he took up globe-trotting to do some soul-searching, until he became a joint-member of the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon and the Church of the Stars. He deeply regretted emotionally abusing Temnobog and delivered to him a heartfelt apology, leading to their reconciliation once Temnobog learned to looked past his own animosity towards the Elternteil Deer Pantheon, and to this day he's still making amends for his actions.
- Kaleidoscope Hair: Justified; the color and appearance of his starry pelt changes whenever he veers into the extremes of positive and negative emotions. For example, if extremely happy, his pelt becomes white and radiant, while his pelt turns black and starts showing violent cosmic phenomena like meteor showers if extremely sad or angry. Only by keeping his emotions in check does he remain in his normal form.
- Karmic Jackpot: He would quickly befriend Prince Crimson Star due to being extremely alike in many ways. After he was officially adopted by Golden Scepter as his son, he would be welcomed warmly by the Terran Princes, largely because of the fact he's good friends with one of their brothers.
- Karmic Transformation: One of his applications of his Transformation domain. His entry notes that he uses his magical abilities to transform sinful people in a way that their appearance reflects the sins they indulged in - for example, Alvslog Deer who became gluttonous were magically turned into pigs.
- Life Drain: He learned this from his younger brother, Temnobog, after joining the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon and reconciling with him, giving him access to knowledge in wielding destructive and dangerous Black Magic.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Sorcerer of the Stars", due to being a god of Sorcery and having a starry pelt. It later gained a double-meaning once Golden Scepter introduced him to the Church of the Stars, and he joined its pantheon through a unanimous vote.
- Meaningful Name: His name translates to "magician" in Slovak, which is appropriate for a Deer god who embodies Sorcery and Transformation.
- Mind over Matter: One of his Psychic Powers is telekinesis. His entry notes that he inherited it from his parents.
- Please Kill Me If It Satisfies You: Justified and downplayed. After discovering that Temnobog was really created when Irminsul misused his purification magic to make his unborn son "perfect", he began deeply regretting his participation in Temnobog's emotional abuse for being born "evil". Because of this, he initially believed that any violent retaliation made by Temnobog is well-deserved, and was willing to let his younger brother injure him as atonement. Golden Scepter broke him out of this harmful mindset by encouraging him to learn from his mistakes and make amends with his siblings, as punishing himself continuously won't solve anything.
- Psychic Powers: Much like his parents, he has psychic powers as part of his Sorcery domain, such as telekinesis, telepathy, teleportation, and empathy. He can do Astral Projection for certain attacks, though that leaves him vulnerable to threats designed to attack astral beings. He also has Irminsul's precognitive abilities, which he inherited from his father. By his own admission, though, he believes that his friend, Prince Crimson Star, is the better psychic among them due to embodying Psionics and being more adept with his powers. He is also dwarfed by Crimson Star's father, Golden Scepter, who also embodies Psionics but is much more ancient and powerful.
- Rebel Prince: Since his parents, Irminsul and Arvan, are the High King and High Queen of the Elternteil Deer Pantheon, respectively, he is a prince by default. However, even before he left the pantheon, Kúzelník was always somewhat rebellious; despite Irminsul and Arvan's attempts to control what he learned, he often tried studying forbidden lore and spells behind their backs if he thought he could get away with it. He maintained this trait during Temnobog's antagonism of his family and clashes with Beyolen, studying Temnobog's dark nature in his quest to discover the truth behind the Dark One's birth. The "First/Second Splintering" and the failed trial of Blue Suede Heartstrings finally made Kúzelník see how deeply arrogant and hypocritical his family is, and a nasty argument that ensued between him and Irminsul influenced Kúzelník to run away from home, unable to be around his family out of fear of having his own flaws "erased" like what happened to his then-unborn brother.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: He more or less immediately legs it from the Eltenteil Deer Pantheon's divine domain and the pantheon itself altogether when his father, Irminsul, unintentionally gave him the impression that he won't hesitate to do "erase" him of his flaws like what he did to his then-unborn brother (which Kúzelník equates to mutilation) if he doesn't live up to his parents' standards. Irminsul never got a chance to tell him he didn't actually mean that, but Kúzelník's fear of his father became so strong that he decided not to take any chances.
- Seers: His entry notes that he has inherited Irminsul's precognitive abilities. He is also known for cultivating the largest number of Seers among his worshipers, which is saying something since foresight is a prized ability to have in Alvslog Deer society.
- Silver Has Mystic Powers: Subverted. He does wear ornate silver regalia/armor, but they don't have magical properties. However, he does, since he's a Deer god of Sorcery, making him a powerful magician/psychic. Furthermore, it's noted that his silver regalia/armor are only mystical because they're rumored In-Universe to be made entirely from his own magic.
- Squee!: According to Princess Twilight/Amicitia Sparkle, he shared a mutual "squee" with Prince Crimson Star of the Terran Empire after meeting each other and discovering that they're both extremely alike in many ways.
- Squishy Wizard: While a genius in sorcery and academics in general, he's not very good in close combat, as much of his life was largely devoted to studying and, after he ran away from home, hiding from the Elternteil Deer Pantheon. Thankfully, he's currently remedying his deficiency with the help of combat-oriented individuals like Válka and Yarost.
- Telepathy: One of his Psychic Powers is telepathy. His entry notes that he inherited it from his parents.
- Teleportation: One of his Psychic Powers is teleportation.
- Token Minority: He's the only divine Deer member of the Church.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: As the Deer god of Transformation, he can disguise himself as various things, such as inanimate objects, non-sapient animals, plants, and sapient creatures. This earned him the title of "The Sorcerer/Prince of a Thousand Faces" Of course, his domain also grants him the power to magically transform others, usually in the form of Karmic Transformation.
- Warrior Prince: Subverted. Being the son of a divine High King and High Queen makes him a Prince of the Elternteil Deer Pantheon by default, and he's an extremely talented and powerful sorcerer largely thanks to embodying Sorcery... but he's a Squishy Wizard due to his talents focusing on magic than combat, giving him a disadvantage. Thankfully, he's trying to remedy this by learning how to fight from combat-oriented individuals like Válka and Yarost. Being officially adopted by Golden Scepter doesn't take away from his badass credentials
- White Magic: After joining the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon, he expanded his repertoire of magical knowledge and skills to this with the help of his younger brother, Belyolen, using White Magic spells for defensive, protective, and healing purposes.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Justified. His father, High King Irminsul, became a huge source of fear for him after a nasty argument over revelations of Belyolen and Temnobog's origins caused Kúzelník to develop the impression that Irminsul would not hesitate to "purify" him like he did to his then-unborn brother in the womb if his son falls short of his standards. While Irminsul immediately and immensely regretted implying that, the damage was done, as a horrified Kúzelník immediately turned tail and ran from the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's divine realm to go into a self-imposed, soul-searching exile. Kúzelník's fear of being subjected to what he essentially sees as a Cruel and Unusual Death is one reason why he eventually joined the ranks of the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon and the Church of the Stars. His entry notes that he's taking steps to overcome his fear thanks to Mentálne, but he still feels scared when the Elternteil Deer Pantheon is mentioned around him.
- Willfully Weak: Justified. He only limited himself to using the druidic and holy aspects of his Sorcery domain because that's what his parents taught him, fearing that their son would potentially become another Grogar. This led to him fearing the idea of becoming corrupted if he uses dark magic for even beneficial purposes, which in turn cut off his full potential and prevented him from fighting effectively. It's after he resorted to use dark magic to free a non-Deer kingdom from its sorcerous tyrants, and being hailed as a hero for it, that he gained closure in regards to his identity as a Deer god of Sorcery, as he now knows that his parents were wrong to restrict him like that. Receiving magical tutelage from Belyolen and Temnobog after reconciling with them helped him a lot, too.
Queen Dazzleglow, the Shining Queen of Kerajaan Cahaya
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Preservation, Light, Space
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"The Cycle will be broken - and I will help light the way to breaking it."
Queen Dazzleglow (her entry here) is the Sparkle Alicorn goddess of Preservation, Light, and Space, and the leader/founder of the Church of the Stars.
The divine matriarch of the Glimmering Isles, Dazzleglow was once the queen of Kerajaan Cahaya, a kingdom from the Second Age that existed concurrently with other mythical realms of that age, such as Ponyland, the Isle of Pony and the "Empire of Ushr". However, her kingdom fell, vanishing from history like the rest of the Second Age, though not before she willingly put herself in a magical sleep so she could wake up in another time, hoping that she'll break what she calls "The Cycle".
After 20,000 years of dormancy, Dazzleglow was awoken by adventurer Daring Do, who was trying to prevent Ahuizotl from killing the ancient queen and destroying what was left of her and her kingdom. At the last moment, Dazzleglow displayed her power for the first time in millennia, easily wiping the floor with Ahuizotl. Having witnessed Daring Do's moral integrity, Dazzleglow has decided to make her one of many champions that would help her succeed in her plans.
- Adaptational Badass: She was originally a G1 unicorn mare that was part of the "Glow 'n Show" pony toyline. Here, she's a Sparkle Pony, a type of mutated pony that could manipulate light and stardust, and is a Sparkle Pony Alicorn who easily wiped the floor with Ahuizotl once she emerged from her several-millenia-long sleep (though she did appear with a non-speaking role as an Alicorn in the My Little Pony Tales series).
- All Your Powers Combined: She not only has the combined magics of the three Pony tribes, she also has the combined magics of the Sparkle Ponies. This is because she and her sisters (including Brightglow) are the hybrid daughters of a "Visitor" - specifically, a Celestial Pony.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Sparkle Alicorn goddess of the Church who embodies Preservation, Light, and Space.
- Big Good: As the Queen of a prosperous kingdom and the leader of a very benevolent religion, Queen Dazzleglow actively participates in international affairs in her attempts to break the Cycle, often sponsoring heroes like Daring Do so their deeds will further her plans to unite the world.
- Deity of Human Origin: Implied to have been once mortal, as Daring Do expressed surprise at the sight of a Sparkle Pony Alicorn. Her profile labeled her as an "Ethereal/Ascendant" deity. It's eventually confirmed that she indeed was, and Luminiferous was the one who taught her and helped her ascend.
- Fantastic Racism: Defied. Dazzleglow believes this is also part of the reason great civilizations perpetuate "The Cycle" - when one lets bigotry and hatred color their perceptions of others, they are doomed to failure. This is why she donated a large sum of money to the School of Friendship, applauding Twilight Sparkle for establishing a place where friendship and unity can be taught to the younger generations.
- Gravity Master: Implied; one of her described powers is the ability to manipulate her own gravity as well as the gravity of other objects and people.
- Half-Human Hybrid: It's implied that she and her sisters are hybrid offspring of the Visitors, due to all of them being Sparkle Ponies. Further implying this is the absences of two sisters, Princesses Happyglow and Starglow, who both have "returned to their father", according to Brightglow.
- The High Queen: She's the matriarch of the kingdom Kerajaan Cahaya in both the Second and Fourth Ages, and she's treated as a respected and beloved queen by both her subjects and those who know her through her actions. Of course, she still has her enemies, particularly in the Clovenists and Autorists, who try to overthrow her because she has openly opposed their beliefs and methods, but her allies are so great that they never succeed.
- History Repeats: Defied. Dazzleglow is an adamant opponent of what she calls "The Cycle", a never-ending Vicious Cycle that often leaves great civilizations falling to decay and stagnation as the result of moral evils like pride, bias, and greed or natural evils like disasters that are beyond their power to control. Having seen it happen with her own eyes, she is outspoken against the Clovenists and the Autorists, who both seek to dominate the world for extreme or unsavory reasons, and preaches the idea of friendship and unity so her kingdom would never fall like so many before and after it.Queen Dazzleglow: When one species seeks to present themselves as superior to all other forms of life, or when they seek progress without limitations, they run the risk of lighting the world on fire and burning themselves to a cinder. I speak as one who has seen such folly with her own eyes.
- Immortal Ruler: She has been ruling the ancient kingdom of Kerajaan Cahaya since the Second Age, and even after undergoing a millennia-long magical sleep, she hasn't aged a day. It's implied that she was once mortal.
- Light 'em Up: One of her powers as a Sparkle Pony Alicorn; while all Sparkle Ponies are capable of manipulating light, Dazzleglow takes it further, being capable of create Hard Light weapons, energy beams, and shields. Her first move upon waking up was to call herself the "Goddess of Light", and attack Ahuizotl with a magical sphere made of light and lightning that created a deep crater upon impact. She even has Light in her portfolio, and is described as so powerful that she can draw light energy from even distant stars.
- Look on My Works, Ye Mighty, and Despair!: Defied. Despite being the Alicorn Queen of a very prosperous kingdom, Dazzleglow believes that this is partly what perpetuates "The Cycle"; when a kingdom or race seeks to dominate others and/or prove itself superior to others, it is doomed to failure. According to her, it happened in the past where she came from, and she seeks to end it by preaching friendship and unity.
- Magic Hair: Tales of Equestria describes her mane and tail as being made of rippling blue and white energy. Her pelt is also dotted with stars, and a ring of stardust constantly encircles her.
- The Magnificent: Known as "The Shining Queen of Kerajaan Cahaya", due to her being a very benevolent queen to her subjects.
- Parental Substitute: Prince Sparkling Wing sees both her and Golden Scepter as his surrogate parents, especially after he started losing his biological family and old friends to time and age.
- Physical God: Tales of Equestria describes her as an Alicorn with a mane and tail made of blue and white energy, stars dotting her glowing body, and stardust forming a ring around her. Considering how she was able to drive away Ahuizotl in just two moves, she's immensely powerful. Her profile describes her capabilities; as an Ascended Sparkle Pony, her natural powers are heightened to an incredible degree, and in addition has the powers of all three pony tribes.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She's a very benevolent and reasonable queen, who will not hesitate to aid her subjects and other heroes if they are having some kind of trouble. When she offered the young demigod Crystal Prism a place in the Church of the Stars, he refused, saying that he'll join once he has everything sorted out and he feels like he's ready. She completely understands and has accepted his decision.
- Secret Keeper: Justified; whenever she tells someone about something of great value, material or not, she makes them swear an oath of secrecy. This is to prevent people from misusing items from her kingdom for selfish, corrupt desires, and to prevent her enemies from conquering/destroying her lands as it happened before in the Second Age. However, it gets deconstructed in that her secrecy tends to make people doubt and even question her motives - Temnobog assumes that her breaking "The Cycle" would result in a gradually stagnating world where Good overwhelmed Evil until Dazzleglow cleared things up with him, and even Crystal Prism is starting to question her benevolence due to her redirection of the subject when asked. Golden Scepter admits that he is worried by Dazzleglow's secrecy, because he had tried the same thing for millennia - withholding his plans from his own subjects because he felt he couldn't trust mortals with his knowledge - only for it to backfire on him spectacularly.
- Space Master: Much of her magic as a Sparkle Pony Alicorn falls under this. Some of her capabilities include hearing the voice of stars and summoning them for her needs, manipulating gravity, drawing light from distant stars, and creating portals.
- Star Power: She can hear the "voice" of the Celestial Bodies such as stars, a magical power that some exceptional Sparkle Ponies possess. She's so powerful that she can draw light energy from them and summon shooting stars to bombard her enemies.
- Supernatural Floating Hair: Her mane and tail are perpetually rippling, as they are literally made of blue and white energy.
- Telepathy: A variant. Her Space domain allow her to communicate with stars and other cosmic bodies. She can also talk to Celestia and Luna by using the Sun and Moon, respectively. However, by her own admission, her younger sister, Princess Brightglow, is better at speaking through planets than she is, while Brightglow admits Dazzleglow is better at speaking through stars.
- Winged Unicorn: Is an Alicorn, but is not like the Alicorns from the antediluvian Alicorn Civilization that used to openly populate Equus. As Sparkle Ponies are implied to be alien hybrids, this fact may extend to Dazzleglow, who is also a Sparkle Pony herself.
Princess Brightglow, the Stellar Diplomat
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Peace, Thermal Energy, Space
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"It is within all our interests to work together to break the cycles keeping us bound. Then we can break our limitations and reach for the stars."
Princess Brightglow (her entry here) is the Alicorn goddess of Peace, Thermal Energy, and Space, and is the younger sister of Queen Dazzleglow.
- Adaptational Badass: While the canon Brightglow was awesome, she wasn't a powerful goddess. She also wasn't a Power Ranger.
- All Your Powers Combined: She not only has the combined magics of the three Pony tribes, she also has the combined magics of the Sparkle Ponies. This is because she and her sisters (including Brightglow) are the hybrid daughters of a "Visitor" - specifically, a Celestial Pony.
- Animal Motifs: It turns out not only did Power Rangers exist in the Second Age, she was one of them, they Yellow Ranger to be exact. Her motif is peacocks.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess of the Church who embodies Peace, Thermal Energy, and Space.
- Commonality Connection: It's noted in Prince Sparkling Wing's entry that she became one of his friends due to being diplomatic Alicorn deities.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: She was a Power Ranger in the Second Age, but her Power Coin was damaged in the Void Aeon. As in canon, she can still use it despite that, but even her divine nature can't fully protect her from the negative effects of doing so and is painful to utilize. Thus she saves it for a last resort. She does so during Final Ragnarok so she could summon her Zord.
- The Empath: As an Alicorn goddess of Peace, she's got this as a power. Her entry notes that with her empathy, she can sense the emotions of those around her, making her good at reading people and thus is suitable for the role of a diplomat. This, combined with her ability to read heat differentials through her domain of Thermal Energy, also makes her a Living Lie Detector; Emperor Blackthorn loves amusing himself with testing the limits of Brightglow's power during diplomatic meetings, as he himself is a consummate deceiver and manipulator. However, she's unable to calm people down with her empathy like Mier is.
- Henshin Hero: She's the Yellow Power Ranger, and can still transform, although her damaged coin makes it a dangerous prospect until its repaired.
- An Ice Person: As she can manipulate thermal energy, she can absorb it to free things or manipulate ice and cold.
- Living Lie Detector: Being both able to see heat differentials and read emotions makes lying to her quite difficult. Blackthorn likes to test her limits during diplomatic meetings as an amusing diversion for him.
- Magic Hair: Her mane and tail are made of pink and purple energy, and are both described as being made of the same ethereal matter as Dazzleglow's. However, when angered, her hair transforms into burning flames due to her heat-based magic.
- Playing with Fire: She can manipulate thermal energy, letting her use heat to attack with.
- Space Master: As an Alicorn goddess of Space, she specializes in spacial magic like her older sister, though in her case, she is more skilled in her domain's defensive aspects. A few of her capabilities include creating portals and bending space for defensive maneuvers. Her domain also makes her capable of speaking to celestial bodies via Telepathy, but admits that Dazzleglow is better at speaking through stars, while Dazzleglow admits that Brightglow is better at speaking through planets.
- Super Mode: She was the Yellow Ranger of a Second Age Power Rangers team, and could still use it even after ascending. As she's already extremely powerful, her morphed state is more of this trope now. It's also a Dangerous Forbidden Technique, as her Power Coin was damaged.
Princess Stitching Time, the Princess of Time
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Casualty, Fate, Time
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"We have come to the end of our time!"
Princess Stitching Time (her entry here) is the Alicorn goddess of Casualty, Fate, and Time, and is a benevolent member of the Virtusidae and the Church of the Stars.
Stitching Time is Queen Dazzleglow's beloved student, and as a filly, Stitching Time had a fascination with time, which eventually led to her being taken under Dazzleglow's wing. Eventually, thanks to Dazzleglow's guidance, she was able to become the Alicorn goddess of time, and worked together with the Time Primeval, Ourophion, in protecting the universal time stream.
The fall of the Second Age during the "Void Aeon" event and being forbidden from restoring it by changing time caused Stitching Time to corrupt herself with anger and grief, turning her into Final Epoch. Final Epoch's plan was to become powerful enough that she could erase from time anyone she deemed as threats, and to change time in a way that the only way to undo her changes would be to outright destroy Equus itself. It was her greatest hope that she could restore the Second Age to how it was before it was destroyed, thus preserving both her and her divine teacher's greatest work. With Ourophion's help, Dazzleglow confronted and defeated her student in "The Realm That Never Was", a defunct future timeline that was beyond happening. Final Epoch's actions inspired the birth of the Cult of Timebreakers, whose efforts to continue her plans would be opposed by Starswirl the Bearded and his time spells.
Starlight Glimmer's revenge gambit against Twilight Sparkle would free Final Epoch, and allow her to continue her quest to erase all the evils across time itself. With Ourophion unavailable at the time, Dazzleglow would instead use a loophole in Final Epoch's powers that presented itself when Twilight Sparkle finished Starswirl's Cutie Mark spell. While Dazzleglow fought Final Epoch, Dazzleglow's younger sister, Brightglow, briefly pulled Dame Patch out of time so she could talk down her mad daughter. Dame Patch's words distracted Final Epoch long enough for Dazzleglow to pull in Twilight Sparkle and her friends just as the Storm King was defeated. Using the Elements of Harmony, the Mane Six attacked and purified Final Epoch, returning her to her original form as Stitching Time.
Stitching Time would take up her original position as the goddess of time, but the horror of her actions caused her to develop a guilt complex that Luna is trying to help her with. Despite her sorrow over the Second Age's destruction, she is determined to atone for her crimes, and fix the damages she made to time itself.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess of the Church who embodies Casualty, Fate, and Time.
- The Atoner: After her HeelFace Turn, she becomes this. The Summer Court is not convinced, however, and many of them, Scions included, are closely watching her so they could kill her the moment she relapses into her villainous behavior as Final Epoch.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Averted. She used to be this pre-Ascension, but thankfully, proper teaching from Dazzleglow forced her to grow out of it. It's implied in Sparkling Wing's entry that she did and felt the same things that Sparkling Wing did - she was stressed out by the expectations put on her by others, and was terrified of failing them, so she would goof off and avoid her problems, or use her magic to churn out easy solutions to problems that are unavoidable. Seeing the same behaviors in Sparkling Wing greatly reminded Dazzleglow of her student.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Even as Final Epoch, she loves her mother and when Brightglow pulled her forwards in time to the present temporarily, she's the only one who can cause her to second guess her evil scheme.
- Heroic Lineage: Is the daughter of Patch, one of the legendary Tales Seven. She became a villain, but is eventually redeemed.
- Knight Templar: As Final Epoch, she seeks to erase the evils of the world from existence, but the damage it would cause would be cataclysmic, as without said evils, the various immortal/mortal heroes and other individuals will never be able to become great as they did. Notably, while no one would certainly miss the Storm King, his attempted global invasion would force everyone to become better fighters, with Equestria, who was hit hard by the Storm King Crisis, being forced out of political isolation while rebuilding and reforming its military so it could be better prepared against future threats.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Princess of Time", due to having great power and skill in time magic and, post-Ascension, literally being an Alicorn Princess whose domain is Time.
- My God, What Have I Done?:
- She naturally had this reaction to being purified from being Final Epoch and realizing what she'd done.
- She has this reaction to realize her becoming Final Epoch and being sealed away was the final straw that nearly caused her friend Prince Shamrock to nearly commit suicide. Her response was to break down crying and hugging him while apologizing frantically.
- Punny Name: Her real name before becoming Final Epoch sounds like "stitch in time".
- Sealed Evil in a Can: After becoming corrupted and turning into Final Epoch, Dazzleglow as forced to seal her away in the Realm That Never Was. Thanks to Starlight's revenge plot, she escaped.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Like Luna, she became corrupted and transformed into Final Epoch until she was eventually purified.
- Time Master: She's a goddess of Time, though her powers have their limitations. Her ultimate goal as Final Epoch was to gain the ability to Ret-Gone whoever she pleases from time.
- Time Stands Still: Has the power to do this for five minutes ever ten minutes, but she can't physically interact with the outside world while doing so or vice versa.
- Villain: Exit, Stage Left: As Final Epoch, she mainly uses her Time Stands Still power to perform this.
- What the Hell, Hero?: She would give one to Princess Radiant Rapier after she learned the Poenan Pantheon sent the latter to "punish" her for the "Final Epoch" crisis, and Radiant Rapier apologized for willingly going with the decision afterwards.Princess Stitching Time: So, your boss sent you to 'punish me'?
Princess Radiant Rapier: It was a group-decision. I'm sorry, Stitching...
Princess Stitching Time: You're sorry?! I freaking screwed up the timeline nine or ten times! I betrayed my mentor and all of you! I nearly made Shamrock kill himself! And I'm sorry for all of it! I've spent every last second since I came back trying to make up for it however I could! But that doesn't matter to your groupie, does it? I did a bad thing, so I'm forever bad? How is THAT fair?! How is THAT justice?
- With Great Power Comes Great Perks: It's implied that despite being a powerful and incredibly skilled time mage, she would use her magic to avoid problems, or churn out easy solutions for problems that she couldn't avoid. Seeing the same behavior in Prince Sparkling Wing was what reminded Dazzleglow of her student.
Luminiferous, the Devil Child
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Perfection, Self-Determination, Potential
"I am not my father. And my fate, is mine to decide."
Luminiferous (his entry here) is the ancient Alicorn god of Perfection, Potential, and Self-Determination, and a member of the Church of the Stars.
Before Known History, Equus was once dominated by the Alicorns, widely considered the greatest of the god Equus' mortal/immortal children. The Alicorns built and ruled over the fabled Alicorn Civilization that covered the world, but over time, their extreme success, power, and experience caused them to stagnate and fall into corruption. Eventually, the Alicorns reached such levels of depravity that it led to the rise of the infamous Fallen Alicorn, Morning Star, who sought to shape Equus and the surrounding universe according to his own twisted ideas of perfection.
After the destruction of the Alicorn Civilization during the "Twilight of the Alicorns" conflict, and the surviving Alicorns' retreat from the wider world to recover from their fall, Morning Star was banished and left to wander Equus for crimes unknown. Full of anger and spite, Morning Star tried many times to craft a child that would also serve as his weapon for revenge, and finally succeeded when he used a fraction of his own Primordial Quintessence to create Luminiferous.
While what happened next is still debated, it is known that Luminiferous managed to become a loving and compassionate individual despite his villainous origins as his father's "clone". This compassion motivated him to stop Morning Star and put an end to his wickedness, leading to a divine conflict that lasted for over a hundred millennia. During the conflict, Luminiferous looked into his Fallen father's mind due to having Primordial Quintessence that's near-identical to Morning Star's, and discovered that underneath his rage, Morning Star actually missed his home and wanted to stop his quest for revenge.
Despite this revelation as well as Luminiferous's attempted appeals to his better nature, Morning Star refused to swallow his pride and accept his mistakes. Luminiferous was forced to defeat his father for good, and he has wandered Equus ever since.
Luminiferous has an infamous reputation for being a demonic-looking Alicorn god and is assumed to be on a dark path, much like the one Morning Star took when he fell. However, his appearance and might are all that he ever shared with his villainous father, for he is in fact opposite of his father in every way. Unlike Morning Star, Luminiferous is selfless, humble, and noble, and sees great potential in others, while Morning Star was a prideful and narcissistic being who only saw flaws in everything else. Luminiferous's quest to help bring perfection in mortals has gotten him personally involved in several major crises, and also caused him to develop great interest in the current generation of Equus's heroes, such as Thorax, Ember, and Rainbow Dash.
- The Ace: Incredibly ancient, incredibly powerful, incredibly heroic, he's widely seen as this. And given his portfolio, he even goes around helping others become this as well.
- Amplifier Artifact: His double-headed poleaxe, "Arisen Demon", can bring out the wielder's future potential indefinitely as long as they're holding it.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an Alicorn god of the Church who embodies Potential, Perfection, and Self-Determination.
- Anti-Antichrist: Was originally created by his father to be The Antichrist, but due to growing up to become a selfless and noble hero, he became this instead. In Amareros' words, he's 'Morning Star as he should had been'.
- Adorkable: He's surprisingly adorable and dorky despite being an antediluvian Alicorn hundreds of thousands of years old. He likes playing videogames, is a fan and geeks out when he met A.K. Yearling/Daring Do, and blushes when pointed out about his age. It's part of what makes him so friendly and approachable. This also makes him rather befuddling to Changeling Queen Acanthosomastidae, who is rather traditional and expects him to behave as befitting his station as the ancient Alicorn god of Perfection and Potential.
- Badass Teacher: Oh yes. He's known for being a mentor for many people from multiple races, but he's also a Titan-ranked Alicorn, making him one of the more ancient deities of Equus. As shown with numerous incidents in other entries, he's quite capable of defending himself, and also has been known for empowering his students and other people of interest with their future potential.
- Berserk Button: Double-subverted. If there's anything that could get to him, it is seeing potential for greatness squandered, but usually he gets more upset and disappointed than angry. The only times he does get angry is when when people try to get rid of their own flaws (and other people's flaws) in an attempt to achieve "perfection", which Luminiferous sees as a bastardization of true Character Development, where one becomes perfect through overcoming their flaws and improving because of them. He also doesn't like it when someone deliberately ruins people's innate potential either to fulfill their own goals, or according to their own biases, opinions, and traditions.
- Even when he was calling out the Changelings for letting their grudge with Dragonkind rob them of a chance to cure their Curse a thousand years earlier after Apterus' rampage, he mostly just let the ramifications speak for themselves.
- He angrily called out High King Irminsul for trying to purge his then-unborn son's flaws, stating that he's no different than Morning Star since they both share twisted standards of what perfection actually is.
- The same goes for people who ruin someone else's potential because of their own biases and opinions, such as when he angrily chewed out the ponies of Sparkling Wing's childhood kingdom for rejecting him as a potential ruler, just because Sparkling Wing was born a royal with the "wrong" sex in a matriarchal environment.
- He angrily called out both Noble Grace and Bubbling Beaker for experimenting on countless pony foals and teenagers in order to fulfill their well-meaning yet twisted and cruel goals, dashing their victims' innate potential before they had the chance to act on it or even become aware of it, and causing the crisis that led to the birth of Crystal Prism. He even made it a point to show Noble Grace and Bubbling Beaker their own potential they had squandered.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He generally acts like a surrogate older brother to both his students and those he helps out. While he usually acts more disappointed and upset when potential is squandered, he will get angry if someone actively ruins another person's potential for various (usually selfish) reasons.
- Luminiferous was understandably angry when he learned that a matriarchal kingdom rejected Prince Sparkling Wing as heir to the throne despite his great potential as a leader simply because of his sex. While he was lenient with Silver Clock, who deeply regretted caving in to pressure to have a daughter, Luminiferous chewed out the entire kingdom for what they had done. Sparkling Wing would comment years later that Luminiferous was "scary" for someone so nice.
- Luminiferous was enraged when he learned that High King Irminsul tried purging his then-unborn son of his inner evil in order to truly make him a God of Good, only for it to backfire and create Belyolen and Temnobog instead. He called Irminsul out on his actions and stated that he's no better than Morning Star since they both tried enforcing their twisted standards of perfection on innocent people.
- He was also angry towards Noble Grace and Bubbling Beaker for the experiments that led to the birth of Crystal Prism and ruined the future potential of countless other victims. After they were arrested, tried and imprisoned for their crimes, he chewed them out while showing them the potential they themselves have squandered in their mad quest to Ascend Ponykind.
- Be Yourself: Or rather, "Be the best you can be." As the Alicorn god of Perfection and Potential, he tries to encourage great individuals to improve themselves and grow into their potential, but also lets them know that the road to perfection is an uphill battle and in order to become great as he had envisioned them, they must work to reach that stage. This is how many of his students became success stories, as they worked to grow into their own potential and Ascended as a result.
- Blade on a Stick: His main weapon is a double-headed poleaxe called "Arisen Demon". It also serves as a divine Amplifier Artifact that brings out the future potential in the user so long as they continue holding it. Notably, it was used on Thorax and Ember during the "Revenge of Apertus" conflict to show both Changelingkind and Dragonkind just how much potential they were squandering by keeping up an old racial grudge.
- Buffy Speak: He called Page Wheel's monster form as a "dangerous, blue, blob-looking monster thingy that absorbs any type of magic it came across".
- The Chooser of The One: As the Alicorn god of Perfection and Potential, Luminiferous actively seeks to bring out the best in others. He's the reason why Thorax was able to become a Royal Changeling, and seems to have chosen both him and Dragon Lord Ember to fulfill a great destiny. And from what was implied, Luminiferous is also interested in bringing out Rainbow Dash's full potential so she can finally unlock and perform the fabled "Rainbow Warp". With the exception of Princess Brightglow and Princess Stitching Time, all the members of the Church of the Stars are people he chose in the past and nurtured to ascending.
- Clones Are People, Too: Luminiferous is perfect clone of Morning Star, but ironically a far better person than he ever was.
- Curbstomp Battle: Known for inflicting this on his opponents due to how powerful he is. Terraton, a war god among the Giant Deities, learnt this the hard way.
- Disappointed in You: His general reaction to those who have great potential but still end up squandering it for various reasons. While he hates people who do this, he doesn't get angry as people normally would - rather, he behaves like a disappointed parent or teacher dealing with unruly and disobedient children. The aftermath of the Princess Apertus incident is a prominent example of this, where he bluntly tells both the Changelings and Dragons that their racial grudge against each other really is holding them back, unlike Thorax and Ember who put it aside and became more powerful than their peers. The only exceptions to this rule are those who intentionally ruin other people's innate potential for various reasons, usually to benefit their own goals, which provoke genuine anger in him.
- The Dreaded: Being as ancient and powerful as he is, and with regards to his origins, he's this to many. Subverted for those who truly knows him for who he is (and not evil).
- Elemental Hair: Due to being a Nightmareified Alicorn clone of Morning Star, he shares his "father"'s red mane and tail, which are both composed of fiery energy.
- Expy: He's based on the titular character of Ultraman Geed. Like Ultraman Geed, Luminiferous is the son of a Fallen Hero who was corrupted by pride, and was cloned specifically for the purpose of carrying out his father's evil designs. However, he became a selfless, compassionate hero who wanted to defy his father's influence and protect everyone. When his attempts to reach out to Morning Star's better nature failed, Luminiferous was forced to kill his own father to stop his wicked deeds. His name pattern also follows Ultraman Geed's, taking the first two letters of "Destiny" and then reversing it as a symbolic gesture of defying his intended fate as his father's image and weapon.
- Face of a Thug: Despite his very kindhearted and faithful personality, Luminiferous's appearance is quite the opposite, looking similar to a Nightmareified pony - flaming mane and tail, draconic eyes, demonic wings, and a curved, misshapen horn like King Sombra's. All of this tend to give him a bad reputation even though he doesn't mean to.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: Subverted. He's not ashamed of his true form, but for the sake of convenience and not scaring away people who don't know of his true nature, Luminiferous often appears as a young Neighponese unicorn.
- Give a Man a Fish...: Firmly believes in 'teaching people how to fish' rather than just 'giving them the fish', due to his portfolio. While he could choose to solve mortals' problems for them, he would rather help them solve it themselves, as he is confident in mortals' potential for greatness. He even has abilities based around that concept, using his powers to briefly unlock the full potential of those he wishes and allow them to save the day.
- Gone Horribly Right: Morning Star kept trying to make a perfect clone of himself. After many of Luminiferous's failed 'siblings,' Morning Star finally succeeded with Luminiferous...who was 'Morning Star as he should've been' and turned against him.
- Good Is Not Soft: That being said, if he has to go save the day personally, he would do it, and as many Fallen Deities, Demons and Monsters found out, the might and experience of an ancient Alicorn that's hundreds of thousands of years old is nothing to scoff at.
- In-Series Nickname: Several characters who know him personally call him "Lumi".
- Like Father, Unlike Son: Unlike his narcissistic father who only cared about perfection in himself, Luminiferous chooses to seek perfection in others and bring it out. The only thing they share is their appearance.
- Meaningful Name:
- "Luminiferous" is an archaic word that describes something as producing or transmitting light.
- His mortal alias, "Blood Seed", is short for "Blood Set Destiny", except with the first two letters of "Destiny" reversed. It represents how he was supposed to be a weapon for his narcissistic father, Morning Star, but he ended up subverting his destiny by becoming a heroic deity despite his terrifying appearance.
- Mentor Archetype: He has been known for nurturing quite a few people who end up becoming gods, or are in the process of turning into one, such as Queen Dazzleglow, her sister Princess Brightglow, Thorax, and Ember. A large part of this is because he's genuinely interested in the potential of all races, and seeks to bring it out. At one point, he took in a very young demigod, Crystal Prism, to help recover from his traumatic experiences and Ascension, and to help him grow into his own potential.
- He personally mentored the Glow sisters, who are also his biological sisters as they share a father in the evil Morning Star.
- Dazzleglow and her sisters were his students, and all four ascended and became royal founders of their own kingdom, and powerful Alicorns themselves.
- He took great interest in the newly-Ascendant Changeling King Thorax, and Dragon Lord Ember, because they are willing to cast aside their elders' racial blood feud and become best friends, and thus they have more potential to become full-blooded divines than any of their respective peoples. He has even empowered them twice with divine power, the first time being against Princess Apertus, where he would give Thorax and Ember their future potential to fight evenly with the rampaging hybrid.
- At one point, he took in a very young Alicorn demigod, Crystal Prism, to help recover from his traumatic experiences and Ascension, and to help him grow into his own potential. This is mostly because he felt guilty for causing Crystal's death instead of finding a way to save him from his corrupted form, and wanted to make up for it.
- In the Third Age, he mentored both Princess Jiniri, back when she was the mortal mare Razzaroo, and Prince Sparkling Wing, a royal pegasus who was cast aside by his subjects in favor of his younger sister because his sex barred him from his family's matriarchal line of succession. Jiniri would become the Alicorn of Miracles and Wishes and the Mother of modern Genies, while Sparkling Wing would become the Alicorn of Peace, Unity, Leadership, and Weather.
- He would also influence Golden Scepter, an ancient Alicorn Emperor from both the Alicorn Civilization and the Imperium of Ponykind, into undertaking a long process of Character Development despite the latter being much older than him, so he can break free from his own mistakes and the mistakes of the other Alicorns. By the time they would reunite in the Fourth Age, Golden Scepter has become a much kinder stallion, and they would ironically become friends.
- Ascending Dawn, his mentor, would compliment him on this, pointing out that he's probably done more to increase the Alicorn population than some of the leaders of the Alicorn Civilization had.
- Morality Pet: He would serve as a positive influence for Emperor Golden Scepter after the latter's reemergence in the Second Age, teaching him kinder and more benevolent ways of interacting with his mortal subjects and making him realize that his then-current behavior was toxic and high-hoofed. This is justified in that Golden Scepter had been subjected to a tragically unfortunate combination of war-related PTSD, untreated psychological issues, and immortality-based loneliness before the Known Ages, so when he reemerged in the Second Age, he was essentially a very broken stallion. Luminiferous's compassion would gradually rub off on him and reawaken the best parts of himself, influencing Golden Scepter to atone for his past crimes and eventually seek therapeutic help from Mentálne, the young Bogolenya Deer goddess of Psychology. He would also, because of Luminiferous, ease up on his Fantastic Racism towards Synthetic Automatons and develop a respect for the heroic Automaton, Corona and his sister, Aurora.
- Must Make Amends: Part of the reason why he took in the young demigod Crystal Prism as his student, besides seeing they're Not So Different from each other. Luminiferous genuinely didn't know that the "dangerous, blue, blob-looking monster thingy" was a unicorn colt named Page Wheel, who was transformed by Noble Grace and Bubbling Beaker's horrendous experiments in their attempt to mass-produce Alicorns. So he ended up killing the pony equivalent of a child for the greater good without looking for better alternate options until it was too late, when he and the Equestrian Princesses discovered Page Wheel's body. He became Crystal Prism's mentor in order to make up for what he did and the trauma he unknowingly inflicted on his student.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Both he and the Equestrian Princesses reacted with horror when they learned too late that the magic-eating monster they killed to save the Grittish Isles was actually a unicorn colt named Page Wheel, who was transformed by horrific magical experiments. The worst part was that they killed him without looking for other ways to save him. Part of the reason why Luminiferous took in Page Wheel, now Crystal Prism as his student is to make up for the trauma he unknowingly inflicted on the young Alicorn demigod.
- Nice Guy: He's incredibly carefree, friendly and approachable, described in one Codexverse story as like a loving older sibling. This is a constant source of dismay for Changeling Queen Acanthosomatidae, who despite their cordial relationship is rather befuddled by Luminiferous's casual behavior, which she sees as unbecoming for an antediluvian Alicorn god of Perfection and Potential. That being said, it still doesn't mean he's not capable of defending himself.
- Not So Different:
- Part of the reason why he took in the young demigod, Crystal Prism, as his student is because he acknowledged Crystal Prism's past as similar to his own and knows what it's like to be created as a wheel to carry someone's unscrupulous agenda, as his Fallen father, Morning Star, had done.
- He angrily states to High King Irminsul that what he did to his then-unborn son in the womb was no different than what the evil Alicorn Morning Star did to ensure his own twisted view of perfect, where one is without flaws instead of working to overcome their flaws and improve because of them.
- The Paragon: Became this for many, much to his own father's discontent. He's also a patron of mortal paragons, inspiring and aiding heroes and champions of Equus throughout the ages. Several of them even Ascended to become benevolent deities in their own right, with most members of the Church of the Stars being just a few examples.
- The Paragon Always Rebels: Played with. He is a paragon, and he did rebel - except that unlike most examples where the paragon falls and becomes a villain, he is the son of a villain who rises and becomes a hero.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech:
- After the unicorn trio Decepticolt, Goldencap, and Zappityhoof pressed Crystal Prism's Trauma Button hard and provoked him into an Unstoppable Rage by claiming he's an entitled person who wants to keep the secrets of Alicornhood from "worthy" individuals, Luminiferous interfered and gave them a thorough dressing-down in turn. It's noted that it would've worked had a mysterious being likely Ispita hadn't whisked them away.Luminiferous: If you were willing to do the work and be a moral person? All you would've had to do is seek me out. I would've GLADLY helped you become Alicorns... As I have others. I have NO desire to keep the ability to become an Alicorn secret. In fact... I look forwards to a day where anyone who chooses and has a good heart can become one. Your problem isn't that no one wants to give you a chance, it's that you're too lazy to take the ones offered because they'd be too much work. THAT is why you've squandered your potential.
- He gave one to High King Irminsul for trying to enforce his twisted standard of perfection onto his then-unborn son by trying to magically get rid of his flaws, stating that he's no different from the evil Alicorn Morning Star, who sought to get rid of flaws in general out of a deep sense of narcissism.
- After the unicorn trio Decepticolt, Goldencap, and Zappityhoof pressed Crystal Prism's Trauma Button hard and provoked him into an Unstoppable Rage by claiming he's an entitled person who wants to keep the secrets of Alicornhood from "worthy" individuals, Luminiferous interfered and gave them a thorough dressing-down in turn. It's noted that it would've worked had a mysterious being likely Ispita hadn't whisked them away.
- Screw Destiny: One of his powers is to "Reject Fate" - as the Alicorn god of Potential, he can change prophecies and fates to his will, no matter how inevitable they are. This makes him a valuable boon to some, and a bane to others (particularly villains that are protected by prophecies) - notably, he became a target of ire among the Changeling Kings of the Summer Court, who believe that their semi-divine heritage as children of Emperor Blackthorn makes them entitled to royal privileges and the right to rule. His power of "Reject Fate" seems to have influenced his belief that everyone has the potential to become great heroes and individuals, even gods, regardless of what some people might think, and always tries to help these people tap into said potential whenever he can. Those who ruin others' potential, usually out of selfish and arrogant reasons, will always earn his disapproval and even anger.
- It's revealed in Golden Scepter's entry that after he was shown the ruins of the fallen Imperium of Ponykind, Luminiferous encouraged him in his despair to break free from the shackles of his past and the mistakes of the Alicorns by learning from the examples set by his mortal subjects. Despite his initial animosity towards Luminiferous due to looking like Morning Star, Golden Scepter heeded his advice and became a much kinder ruler after spending three Ages wandering all over Equus. He would even encourage a despairing Crystal Prism to forge his own path as the Alicorn demigod of Rebirth and Change after the latter believed that being the symbol of a "New Age" for Ponykind is all he has for a future now.
- When Prince Sparkling Wing, then a mortal pegasus, was rejected as heir to his family's throne by his own subjects for being born with the "wrong" sex, Luminiferous refused to let him fade into obscurity, and took him as his student after Sparkling Wing's mother, Queen Silver Clock, pleaded for him to teach her son the things that she was unable to teach him. This led to Sparkling Wing doing great things all over Equus, eventually allowing him to become an Alicorn god.
- Secret Test of Character: He transformed an Earth pony filly, Midnight Bell, into a unicorn after she wished to be one on a shooting star, wanting to see if she actually wanted to be a unicorn, with all the expectations and baggage that came with it. Later on, when Midnight Bell refused to be turned into a unicorn again, having found her own calling in life, Luminiferous was noted to be rather impressed and proud of her.
- Self-Made Orphan: Justified; as he was created directly from Morning Star's Primordial Quintessence, Morning Star is Luminiferous's biological father by all intents and purposes. However, his intended purpose as his father's weapon was averted once he was adopted into a pony family and gained a moral compass because of them, and so he would rise to oppose and eventually kill Morning Star to stop him from spreading his evil across Equus anymore.
- Sins of Our Fathers: Defied. While many fear Luminiferous due to being an exact copy of his sire, Morning Star, his resemblance is only skin-deep. Those who do know him as he truly is praise him for his benevolent actions, with Amareros holding him as a shining example of what a deity of Perfection and Potential should be. Luminiferous also refuses to let his father's crimes affect him and shape him, as to him, "bloodlines mean nothing" - it's a person's own choices that influences their development. After all, Tirek and Orochi did become horrible monsters despite being born to great parents...
- That being said, one of Luminiferous's friends, Emperor Golden Scepter, another antediluvian Alicorn survivor from the fallen Alicorn Civilization, used to hate him for looking exactly like Morning Star, whom Golden Scepter fought for ten Ages. He eventually came around and started seeing Luminiferous as the noble person he really is, after wandering around Equus since the Second Age and going through a lot of Character Development. As extra irony, he would even befriend him.
- So Proud of You: As the God of Potential, he tends to react this way whenever the people he helps/mentors start growing into their potential and become the heroes they were meant to be, instead of squandering it for evil purposes.
- He was responsible for Midnight Bell's temporary transformation into a unicorn because he overheard her desperately wishing to be one on a shooting star, and wanted to see if she really wanted to be a unicorn, with all the expectations and baggage that came with it. Later on, when Midnight Bell refused to be turned into a unicorn again, having found her own calling in life, Luminiferous was noted to be rather impressed and proud of her.
- He tells Button Mash "good job" for defeating CreepEntity513 and saving its victims after Crystal Prism led everyone out of the gaming realm and into the real world through a portal in Button Mash's Crystavision set.
- He was noted to be rather surprised and proud after Sparkling Wing resolved an enduring and petty feud between two noble Houses that nearly caused its two heirs/lovers to run away and commit suicide together to escape their families' hatred. He was also proud when Sparkling Wing managed to Ascend to Alicornhood.
- Super Empowering: As the Alicorn god of Potential, he can temporarily empower mortal individuals with their future potential, which almost always turns them into a powerful deity. He does this both to lend aid during crucial battles, and to give the recipient(s) a taste of what they could become should they take certain paths.
- During the "Revenge of Apertus" event, he would empower both Thorax and Ember with their future potential, turning Thorax into a full-blooded divine Changeling and Ember into a dragon goddess that's even larger than her father, Dragon Lord Torch. This had the dual purpose of allowing them to fight Apertus on equal footing, and to make a point to both Changelingkind and Dragonkind that they are wasting their potential on a bloody and vicious grudge that has hurt even innocent people not involved in it.
- After he was tipped off by Crystal Prism's empathetic foresight, he helped Button Mash defeat the evil digital spirit, "CreepEntity513", by giving him a magical trinket. The trinket in question would lend Button Mash his future potential should his desire to protect his loved ones be strong enough to resonate with him. This would quickly lead to CreepEntity513's death, as it couldn't stand a chance against a foal that was temporarily turned into a young Alicorn, and was further empowered by its various victims.
- During a battle against one of Ispita's divine children, 'Ajnihat Mudhhab, he empowered Rainbow Dash with her future potential, giving her the power to absolutely shatter 'Ajnihat Mudhhab's time-loops and render him as powerful as a "Tier II"-type deity. This would play into 'Ajnihat Mudhhab's defeat and sealing, enraging his mother Ispita because he was crucial to her plans for "The Darkest Wish".
- Superior Successor: He's one for his father, Morning Star; as his profile stated, he's described as being like Morning Star as he should have been, due to using his powers to bring about perfection and potential in others instead of focusing on getting rid of flaws altogether out of deep narcissism.
- Time Abyss: The ascendant Alicorn Civilization fell hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years ago, and he was created not too long after. Needless to say, he is ancient. The only known Alicorns on Equus currently older than him is Queen Mzazi and Golden Scepter - Mzazi is technically a "Zebralicorn" and is 4 million years old, while Golden Scepter, though younger than Mzazi, is similarly ancient, having lived in the prosperous Alicorn Civilization as well as fought against Morning Star through ten Ages of war.
- Walking the Earth: Did this ever since he defeated his father for good, helping people wherever he could and inspiring them to become their best.
- What the Hell, Hero?:
- He called out Changelingkind in general for letting their racial hatred of Dragonkind get in the way of finding a permanent cure for their Curse a thousand years early, by forcibly separating Queen Acherontia and Dragon Lord Vulcan, sealing them away out of sheer disgust of their union, and then not bothering or caring to look for the lost Princess Apertus and rescue her from the cruelly abusive Summer Court Changeling King who kidnapped her. While he wasn't angry at them, he did allow the ramifications of their actions to speak for themselves.
- He also gives High King Irminsul a "The Reason You Suck" Speech for trying to magically alter his then-unborn son so he'll be "perfect" without flaws, essentially mutilating and killing his son in the womb. He proceeds to point out that Irminsul shares the same twisted ideas of perfection as the evil Alicorn Morning Star, Luminiferous's father. It's noted that this is one of the few times where Luminiferous is genuinely angry.Luminiferous: You are no different than my father: believing perfection is the ABSENCE of flaws, rather than the OVERCOMING of them. Growing BECAUSE of them, not IN SPITE of them. Still, in spite of YOUR mistake, your son will indeed grow because of his flaws, even if those flaws aren't part of him. And those flaws have more potential than you will ever know.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Due to being an Alicorn god of Perfection and Potential, as well as his general personality, he is very encouraging to those he teaches and helps, and often assures them that even if they don't think so, they are a lot stronger and more powerful than they give themselves credit for. This would lead to many of his students gaining the self-confidence needed to tap into their own potential, becoming great individuals in the end.
- You Could Have Used Your Powers for Good: Given his nature as the Alicorn god of Potential, he tends to give out speeches and reprimands of this nature to those who hold great innate potential, but choose to squander it for malicious and/or selfish means.
Princess Jiniri, the Lady of Miracles
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Miracles, Wishes, Hope
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
"Take care when you make a wish! Yes yes yes..."
Princess Jiniri (her entry here) is the Alicorn goddess of Miracles, Wishes, and Hope, and is a member of the Church of the Stars.
- Adaptational Badass: Was G3 Razzaroo from the Third Age. Now she's a goddess and a powerful genie.
- All Your Powers Combined: Her entry implies that she has the combined magics of all three Pony tribes, as she's described as having "the expected abilities of an Alicorn goddess".
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess of the Church who embodies Miracles, Wishes, and Hope.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: If your wish is going to backfire, expect her to be the first one to warn you and you should probably listen. Changeling King/Prince Pelcia found this out the hard way when his wish to become as powerful as Blackthorn backfired horribly when he didn't heed her warnings.
- Benevolent Genie: She's the Mother Goddess of the modern Genie and has a genie motif. She's certainly this trope, and even warns villains who manage to get a wish out of her that their wishes won't end how they expect.
- Curse Escape Clause: After reemerging in the Fourth Age and learning that several of her Genie children had decided to use their wish-granting powers for wicked ends in her absence, Jiniri punished them by binding them to their lamps, preventing her wicked children from leaving unless they were summoned. The only way to free themselves is if they grant good wishes to make up for the number of evil wishes they granted.
- Elemental Hair: Her entry describes her mane and tail post-Ascension as being made of golden-tinted sand that's constantly rippling and suspended.
- Forgotten Birthday: Defied. When she was the mortal Razzaroo from the Third Age, she would always make sure to keep track of very important dates, especially birthdays. After becoming the embodiment of Wishes, she would frequently show up at people's birthday parties and listen to their wishes.
- Good Is Not Dumb: She's got not a single mean bone in her body, but she was also smart enough to grant Pelcia's wish, horrifying True Heart to make her want to save him from the horrible consequences that came afterwards, and then trick Pelcia into pledging his life to True Heart, all to save the hostages. Emperor Blackthorn was impressed and congratulated her for her plan. And when it comes down to it...
- Good Is Not Soft: Neither is Jiniri not willing to put down a heavy hoof when the situation or villain calls for it. To note, when she finally caught her wayward Fallen son Demarest - who had just been out-witted by a mortal wishing for Jiniri to appear instead of freeing an army of imprisoned evil genies as he attempted to force her to do - she is implied to have delivered a Curbstomp Battle to him, before undoing all the damage his malevolent wish-granting has caused and imprisoning him in a 'Sealing Lantern' for a "very, very, VERY long time-out".
- Gratuitous Princess: Her backstory included a hilarious in-universe incident where the ruling Princess of Ponyville from the Third Age declared then and there that all her subjects were to be made official Princesses. This resulted in Jiniri, then Razzaroo, becoming a Princess despite not being born into royalty.
- Magic Hair: Gained this post-Ascension. Her hair as the mortal Razzaroo was three-tone, being colored green, faded pink, and white. After she became an Alicorn goddess, her hair retained its colors, but it became rippling sand with a golden tint.
- The Maker: She's the "mother" of the modern Genie, and most of her children are benevolent wish masters.
- Meaningful Rename: As Razzaroo, she would keep track of everyone's birthday dates. After becoming Luminiferous's student, she would Ascend and become Jiniri, the Alicorn goddess of Wishes. She would also become the "mother" of the modern Genie race, with most of her children being benevolent wish masters.
- Punny Name: Her name post-Ascension sounds similar to "genie", with "-ri" added at the end in place of the 'e' letter.
- Reality Warper: Like Ispita, when granting a wish or summoning a miracle, her power is on par or exceeding Discord's in what she can do. However, she also requires true faith or belief from the one needing the miracle or making the wish, and her power is proportional to those things.
- Supernatural Floating Hair: Her sand-based mane and tail are constantly rippling and suspended.
- Verbal Tic: As shown in her folder quote, "Yes yes yes."
Prince Arcaniss, the Amethyst Guardian
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Magic, Nobility, Protection
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"A noble character is as much a treasure as those belonging to any hoard."
Prince Arcaniss (his entry here) is a joint-member of both the Draconic Pantheon and the Church of the Stars, and is the Dragon god of Magic, Nobility, and Protection.
- Adaptational Badass: He's G1 Spike, ascended to godhood and having grown into a mountain-sized dragon god who's likely the third-most powerful dragon in existence. It's also possible that G1 Spike was just one of his many mortal incarnations, meaning that he might be even more older and powerful.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a joint-Dragon god of the Church and Draconic Pantheon who embodies Magic, Nobility, and Protection.
- The Archmage: As the Dragon God of Magic, he is this, a Dragon Mage and likely the most capable one currently existing. He channels his magic through his Dragon's flames to various effects, such as teleportation, which his mortal descendants in the 'Dynasty of Spikes' inherited down to the current Spike. It's also noted by his entry that he has dominion over all of Dragonkind's elemental magics.
- Armor and Magic Don't Mix: Averted. Despite wearing golden armor, it hasn't impeded his ability to use magic in the slightest, and he can still cast spells just fine.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Subverted. Despite being the third-strongest divine Dragon, he loathes Dragonkind's mentality that being stronger and more powerful makes them superior to "tiny" races. So while he's an ancient Dragon god and an extremely skilled mage, he uses his power for good rather than to dominate those weaker than him.
- Awesome McCoolname: As if Arcaniss isn't cool enough, his mortal name is Kenbroth Gilspotten Heathspike the First, aka Spike the First.
- Big Little Brother: He's the younger adopted brother of Princess Regina (G1 Princess Tiffany), assuming G1 Spike was truly his original form rather than an incarnation. Being a Dragon God, he physically dwarfs his sister in size.
- Bigotry Exception: Changeling Empress Blackrose normally acts quite racist towards Dragonkind due to the traumatic "Burning of Amorea" event, but she made an exception with him because he actively tried to stop his Dragon peers from burning down Amorea and plundering its riches.
- Breath Weapon: Like his draconic peers, he has fire breath, though it also serves as the basis for his many spells.
- The Chooser of The One: Whenever a worthy Dragon Lord is found by him, he unlocks the full capabilities of their Dragon Lord Scepter and gift them their personal Dragon Lord Regalia.
- Deity of Human Origin: He was once known as G1 Spike of the First Age before he ascended to divinity. However, he's been known to incarnate himself as a mortal drake to get more connected with the mortals he once sojourned with.
- Famous Ancestor: He's the first Spike, making him the founder of the "Dynasty of the Spikes" as well as the father of the Mana Drakes. He's also an accomplished hero in his own right, having been the guardian of Ponyland and a close friend of the Rainbow Empress during the First Age. It's noted that one time when G4 Spike met him, he promptly fainted out of shock.
- Fantastic Racism: Averted. Because he was raised by ponies and even adventured with some of them, Arcaniss has developed a more compassionate perspective of smaller races, seeing them as racial equals. He hates his people treating them as "inferior" for various reasons and sees it as a very toxic mindset that's blinding them to the potential of other races.
- Fling a Light into the Future: He would go into slumber after the First Age ended, so he would wake up later and help his divine peers assist mortal sapientkind in breaking the Cycle.
- Gentle Giant: While smaller than his draconic divine parents, Tiamat and Bahamut, his true divine form is still noted to be rather large, to the point where he often got mistaken for a mountain whenever he walks. He's also a very benevolent and noble dragon, which is notable considering that most of his peers, including Tiamat, believe themselves to be superior to "tiny" races. Because of this, as well as his attempted prevention of the "Burning of Amorea" event, he's one of few Dragons that Changeling Empress Blackrose hasn't openly acted racist towards.
- God in Human Form: Draconic equivalent. He is known to incarnate as a mortal Dragon from time to time, with his divinity and memories suppressed, in order to maintain his connection to mortal-kind. Interestingly, this leads to in-universe ambiguity as to his exact age; the earliest record of his existence in Known History was as G1 Spike in the First Age, but as a Tier IV-ranked 'Greater Deity' he may be older than that. This leads to the question: whether he actually is G1 Spike, who Ascended and was adopted into the Draconic Pantheon, or if G1 Spike was his younger divine-self incarnating as a mortal at the time.
- I Got Bigger: He's G1 Spike, all grown up and ascended to a mountain-sized dragon god.
- Legacy Character: He's the original G1 Spike. Spike from Friendship is Magic is one of his youngest descendants.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Amethyst Guardian", due to being a divine amethyst-scaled dragon that embodies Nobility and Protection, and protects the innocent while nurturing their nobler qualities.
- Mentor Archetype:
- He has taken his very distant descendant, G4 Spike, under his wing after meeting him, something that Princess Twilight Sparkle appreciates. He hopes that he could help Spike Ascend into a divine dragon one day.
- He has also become the mentor of Dragon Knight, who became his champion after being freed from 'Ajnihat Mudhhab's thrall, teaching him how to be kind without letting himself be manipulated by unsavory individuals.
- The Maker: He is the progenitor of the Jewel-scaled Drakes, most notably the Mana Drakes. One of them would become Pyro II in present day.
- Nepotism: Underwent accusations of this as he deemed G4 Spike worthy despite the latter ruling for only a few minutes and giving a few orders, making it unfair to the other worthy Dragon Lords who had to go through much bigger hoops to be just as qualified.
- Only the Chosen May Wield: He placed a seal on the Dragon Lord Scepters to keep the majority of their more powerful abilities from falling into the wrong hands so that they can only be unlocked by a worthy Dragon Lord. He can also shut down these abilities at will. Tiamat was initially enraged by this as it technically counts as sabotage, but he managed to convince her that it was for the best.
- The Paragon: Justified. It's noted by his entry that due to embodying Nobility as a concept, people feel more in touch with their nobler impulses and are inspired to do good things just by being around him. Of course, even without it, Arcaniss wants people to do good on their own volition and has taught various mortals how to do it.
- Purple Is Powerful: He's a purple dragon, the first of his kind, and he's noted to be a very powerful Dragon Mage who's only second to his divine parents, Tiamat and Bahamut, in terms of overall strength.
- Riddle for the Ages: Is G1 Spike his mortal self before ascending to godhood? Or was it simply one of his many mortal incarnations?
- Token Minority: He's the only divine Dragon member of the Church.
- World's Strongest Man: Played with. He's the third-most powerful Dragon in existence, divine, mortal or otherwise. However, where Queen Tiamat is the strongest, King Bahamut is the fastest, Prince Arcaniss is the most skilled.
Princess-Regent Merula, the Guardian Angel
Divine Classification: Ascendant
Portfolio: Guardianship, Mastery, Wisdom
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"Studying allows us to be prepared for any situation. That, and it's enjoyable..."
Princess-Regent Merula (her entry here) is the Alicorn goddess of Guardianship, Mastery, and Wisdom, and is a member of the Church of the Stars.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess of the Church who embodies Guardianship, Mastery, and Wisdom.
- Composite Character: Combines G2 Princess Silverswirl and Myth/Merlin.
- Humble Hero: Despite being the first of the Four Princesses to Ascend to godhood, Merula didn't seek the position of leadership over all, and remained subservient to Queen Sunsparkle until the latter left to look after a group of pony adventurers stranded in space after the "Void Aeon" event. Even after being given back a portion of land from the Friendship Gardens by Princess Celestia, Merula chose not to become its Queen, as the Enchanted Throne would only choose a new Queen. This even applies to the Church of the Stars, as she lets Dazzleglow lead the pantheon despite being smarter than her as the Alicorn goddess of Wisdom, because in her eyes, Dazzleglow is the better leader of the two.Princess-Regent Merula: A truly wise pony knows when another is better suited to a task than themselves.
- The Leader: She was once the leader of the Four Princesses ruling the Friendship Gardens, until then-Princess Sunsparkle was chosen to inherit the Enchanted Throne as Queen in the Second Age. Since then, she has served as Sunsparkle's adviser, aid, and right-hand mare. Her entry notes that she could have easily taken the position of leadership over the Church of the Stars due to being more intelligent, but is far too humble to do it and believes that Dazzleglow is better at leading of the two.
- Magic Hair: Literally. Her mane and tail is described as being made of silver-colored magic post-Ascension.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Guardian Angel" due to her role as divine guardian and protector of the innocent, and a divine patron of those who pursue the same goals such as police, guards, and other like-minded beings.
- Super Intelligence: As the Alicorn goddess of Wisdom, she has incredible intelligence, which makes her one of the smartest deities alive when combined with her divine domain of Mastery. As a result, Changeling Emperor Blackthorn respects her and has invited her to play Go with him and Dragon King Bahamut.
Prince Sparkling Wing, the Royal Unifier
Divine Classification: Elemental/Ascendant
Portfolio: Peace, Unity, Leadership, Weather
Rank: Divine (Tier II/Lesser)
"There is strength in unity."
Prince Sparkling Wing (his entry here) is the Alicorn god of Peace, Unity, Leadership, and Weather, and is the third-youngest divine member of the Church of the Stars pantheon.
In his mortal life, Sparkling Wing was a pegasus Prince who lived in the Third Age, born in a Pony queendom where the throne is passed from mother to daughter. His mother, Queen Silver Clock, tried making him her heir because she believed her son was destined for greatness, but their Pony subjects didn't want to accept a stallion on the throne and heavily pressured Silver Clock into having a daughter. This led to the birth of Sparkling Wing's sister, Rising Sun. While Sparkling Wing was relieved that his claim of succession was superseded, as he was disinterested in ruling, his subjects' rejection of him for being born with the "wrong" sex left Sparkling Wing rather heartbroken. He would later be found crying by a disguised Luminiferous because of this, leading to the antediluvian Alicorn angrily chewing out the entire kingdom for ruining someone's potential just because they were born with something that went against established traditions.
At Silver Clock's behest, Luminiferous took in Sparkling Wing as his student, with the latter promising his family to write home as often as possible. Because of Luminiferous' intervention, Sparkling Wing would end up traveling all over the world, doing many good deeds that turn him into a living legend. Despite his flaws, he would eventually Ascend and become an Alicorn, an incredible feat that made both Luminiferous and his family quite proud of him; Silver Clock started sobbing when she read her son's letter about it, happy that Sparkling Wing finally became the great pony she always believed he was. Emperor Golden Scepter, an antediluvian Alicorn god who is a friend of Luminiferous, would be attracted by Sparkling Wing's great potential after foreseeing a future where Sparkling Wing was the beloved ruler of a great kingdom, and began giving him lessons on leadership.
Sparkling Wing never forgot his origins, though, and would visit his childhood kingdom time and time again to check up on his biological family, including Rising Sun, who would succeed Silver Clock as Queen. While he and Rising Sun had a good relationship, they did butt heads over various issues, such as Rising Sun's growing racism towards non-Ponies and monsters. Notably, after many attempts of diplomacy with the Griffons failed due to both rising hostilities and political sabotage, Sparkling Wing tried and failed to make his sister reconsider her declaration of war, resulting in her dying in battle a few days later. He did, however, have more success in advising his niece, Queen Obsidian Star, on how to rule the kingdom after she inherited the throne from her dead mother, until she became confident and successful enough to rule on her own.
Personality-wise, even before his Ascension, Sparkling Wing was known for being a compassionate, open-minded, and charismatic pony. A "magnetic hero", he possesses a silver tongue that allows him to befriend and attract people to him, no matter what race or class they're from. He also has the potential to become a great leader, as with a few words, he can rally together groups of completely different individuals, an ability that became stronger after he gained the divine domain of Leadership.
However, he does have his own flaws, such as being slightly spoiled and shallow as a consequence of his royal upbringing. His biggest flaw is that he's "brilliant, but lazy" - being rejected by his mother's subjects for being born a colt instead of a filly left Sparkling Wing with a fear of failing people's expectations of him, no matter how ridiculous they are, which influenced him to goof off whenever a situation gets too complicated. This would often frustrate and disappoint his mentors, especially Golden Scepter, who would scold Sparkling Wing for wasting his potential whenever he caught the latter doing "parlor tricks". Fortunately, Sparkling Wing would gradually recover from this fear and accept his responsibilities, thanks to the benevolent influence of those who cared for him.
Though a young member of the Church's pantheon, Sparkling Wing is by no means weak. As an Alicorn god of Peace, he is a powerful empath who can detect lies, expose falsehoods, and calm hostility by unleashing empathic waves of "love and peace" as he puts it. He also can see into the past with "Diplomatic Recalling", using people's emotions to search for sources of their hostility in order to truly solve conflicts. As an Alicorn god of Unity, he can either influence people into being more receptive of each other through empathy and words, or empower them by forging bonds that strengthen and allow them to use each other's abilities, like a living version of the Divine Unity artifact that Luminiferous passed onto Daring Do/A.K. Yearling, an Equestrian hero.
As an Alicorn god of Leadership, he can rally together a small force of otherwise completely different individuals with ease. And as an Alicorn god of Weather, he has considerable control and power over weather magic, though the extent of what he can do it is tempered by his martial pacifism, which makes him use non-lethal methods in fighting unless the situation warrants otherwise. Mostly, he serves a role in providing support and defense by manipulating clouds, though some of his more offensive techniques involve summoning rain and lightning. It's also because of his martial pacifism that he fights with a staff, as the thought of killing someone with a weapon sickens him.
Despite nearly fading into obscurity due to social biases and circumstances that were completely out of his control, Sparkling Wing still managed to show potential for greatness due to those who loved him and continued having faith in him. Queen Dazzleglow is currently investing interest in him having a potential role in breaking "The Cycle" that she opposes, especially since Equus is undergoing a series of boiling international tensions thanks to its latest "Time of Trials".
- Abdicate the Throne: Because the kingdom he grew up in was matriarchal with a single line of descent, Sparkling Wing was superseded in favor of his younger sister, Rising Sun, after his mother and then-queen, Silver Clock, was pressured by her subjects to have a daughter. While he was really heartbroken to know that his subjects didn't want to think much of him because of his sex, he doesn't blame his mother or Rising Sun for taking his birthright away from him, as he was rather disinterested in ruling anyway.
- Abstract Apotheosis: He would become the Alicorn of Peace, Unity, Leadership, and Weather during his travels by manipulating the skies and resolving conflicts diplomatically and peacefully.
- Actually Pretty Funny: He found the Church of the Stars being labeled as a "club" of divine tyrants by the Clovenists very amusing.Prince Sparkling Wing: A club of cruel, manipulative, scheming divine tyrants? Hehe, never heard THAT before!
- Adaptational Badass: In Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Jushtin Butterfly had brief access to magic thanks to his mother, Queen Skywynne, allowing him, having held high hopes for him as a potential King... only to be superseded and cut off from magic when Skywynne gave into peer pressure and gave birth to a daughter because her subjects didn't want a male ruler in a matriarchal kingdom. He was able to become a diplomat, but he faded into obscurity after that, with his only reputation coming from his being an "un-queen". Here, Sparkling Wing shows what could've happened had someone continued showing faith in Jushtin and giving him a chance to show off his own potential, instead of letting him fade into obscurity because of his sex. While Sparkling Wing wasn't able to inherit the throne from his mother, he still showed signs of becoming a great leader and king, and both the influence of Luminiferous and his many adventures and good deeds were what eventually allowed him to become an Alicorn and a powerful mage, which caused both his mentor and his family to celebrate.
- All Your Powers Combined: It's mentioned in his entry that as an Alicorn god, he has the combined magics of the three Pony tribes.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an Alicorn god of the Church who embodies Peace, Unity, Leadership, and Weather.
- Benevolent Mage Ruler: Subverted. His mother, Queen Silver Clock, wanted him to become a great mage-King, and despite being a bit spoiled by his royal upbringing as an only child, he was very kind, generous, and open-minded. However, his subjects didn't want to accept a stallion on the throne due to the kingdom being matriarchal, and pressured his mother into having a daughter. Silver Clock gave in and gave birth to Rising Sun, who would be publicly accepted as her mother's "true" heir. While he never got to rule, he does have the potential to rule a great kingdom someday, especially after becoming an Alicorn, since his empathy and silver tongue could persuade people into following him. This got Golden Scepter, an antediluvian Alicorn Emperor, interested in his potential after he foresaw Sparkling Wing as a great and beloved ruler.
- Beware the Nice Ones: While a bit spoiled, he's a very tolerant, nice, friendly, and diplomatic individual who would rather solve conflicts peacefully than use force to do it. He is also a Martial wouldn't hesitate to defend himself and/or his allies should the need arises.
- Bishie Sparkle: He's a slender-bodied Alicorn whose body tends to sparkle when he's feeling positive emotions like joy and love, only for him to look dull and tarnished when feeling negative emotions. This is justified as he has some Crystal Pony ancestry in his family (though unconfirmed in-universe).
- Break the Cutie: Sparkling Wing was rather heartbroken to learn that his mother's people were quick to reject him and his potential because they didn't like the thought of breaking matriarchal traditions by having a stallion inheriting the throne, so they pressured the Queen into having a daughter instead. His crying would later attract a disguised Luminiferous, who was understandably angry when he learned why, and chewed out the entire kingdom for ruining someone's potential because of their sex. Sparkling Wing's experiences would lead to an inner fear of failure and attempts to avoid it by goofing off, but eventually he would get better thanks to benevolent influence from his zmentors.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: This is described as one of his flaws, which was noted by Dazzleglow to be a trait shared by Princess Stitching Time. Sparkling Wing is very intelligent and talented, and has promise as a leader and ruler, which became more obvious after becoming an Alicorn. But he often eschews responsibility in favor of goofing off, especially if something supposedly looks too difficult for him to handle. This behavior stemmed from being publicly rejected by his subjects as heir to his mother's throne for having the "wrong" gender and fearing he would end up failing his mother's expectations, which led to him fearing the idea of failing in general. It's deconstructed in that Sparkling Wing would end up disappointing and frustrating the people who genuinely want to help and see him succeed; Golden Scepter in particular would often scold him for wasting his own potential on "parlor tricks" instead of being the royal diplomat and leader he's supposed to be. Fortunately, both Luminiferous and the Church would help him get over his fears and traumas.
- Deity of Human Origin: He was originally a mortal royal pegasus before he Ascended into an Alicorn. It's noted in his entry that his Ascension made both Luminiferous and his biological family extremely proud of him.
- Elemental Hair: It's noted by his entry that after he Ascended, his mane and tail became ethereal, resembling wispy, dark purple clouds. It's rather appropriate, since he's the Alicorn god of Weather.
- Emotion Bomb: A positive example. As an empath and the Alicorn of Peace, one of the things he can do is unleashing an empathy wave that calms even the hostility of crowds and fills them with "love and peace", as he puts it.
- The Empath: He's described as an empath who is capable of exposing lies and falsehoods, and seeing what people really think of each other, making him very hard to fool. He can also send out an empathy wave that calms anger and instills "love and peace" in his targets to defuse hostile situations. His most unique empathy-related ability is looking into the past via people's emotions, allowing them to experience their memories as if he had personally been there. The fact that empathy is getting extremely common among divine and mortal individuals on Equus has not been left without comment from him, since he sees it as rather odd.Prince Sparkling Wing: I've noticed something... I think we have too many empaths on this planet.
Emperor Golden Scepter: Perhaps... but should there come a time where hatred, paranoia, violence, and suffering are most prevalent, then empathy might be the best and most powerful weapon we have.
- Expressive Hair: It's noted that the appearance of his body changes depending on the emotion he feels, due to being part Crystal Pony - with negative emotions, he looks dull and tarnished, while positive emotions causes his body and wings to sparkle.
- Expy: Of Jushtin Butterfly. Like Jushtin, he's a royal Prince of his kingdom whose mother, the Queen, named him her heir because she believed her son was destined for greatness, only to be forced to give up his claim to the throne to his younger sister because his sex made him "unworthy" to rule. He's also a fop who dresses primarily in red, and carries a staff with him, though in Sparkling Wing's case, it's just an ordinary white staff that he uses as a defensive weapon, rather than a magical one that transforms itself based on the user's personality and/or skill. However, unlike Jushtin, Sparkling Wing was eventually able to become a god because someone kept believing in him rather than immediately dismissing him for being something people didn't agree with.
- Flying on a Cloud: His weather magic allows him to create clouds that allow people to escape war zones and other hostile areas if they can't fly.
- He is one to Golden Scepter, a fellow Alicorn.
- Golden Scepter is an ancient and powerful Alicorn Emperor who lived before Known History, with lots of experience on his hooves, while Sparkling Wing is a young Prince from the Third Age, whose status as heir to the throne and potential as a leader were dashed because his subjects didn't want to accept a stallion on the throne and pressured his mother to have a daughter instead.
- Golden Scepter is serious, stoic, imperial, and willing to use harsh and even extreme methods to get a desired result (though he got better regarding this), while Sparkling Wing is a Martial Pacifist who is sickened by the idea of killing, so he mostly sticks to defense and support.
- Finally, in terms of Character Development, Golden Scepter was a Shell-Shocked Veteran whose traumas influenced him to become a Well-Intentioned Extremist until certain individuals, as well as a three-Ages-long journey across Equus, taught him to be more benevolent and kinder. Sparkling Wing is a very compassionate and pacifistic yet spoiled pony who initially felt very insecure, and goofed off because he feared failing people's expectations of him. Sparkling Wing's potential would also make Golden Scepter take great interest in him, having foreseen the former as a benevolent Alicorn King, and has started giving him lessons on leadership.
- He's also one to a deceased Malrègnarian god known only as "The Slothful Messenger". Both are/were young gods who were Brilliant, but Lazy, except "The Slothful Messenger" represents what could've happened if Sparkling Wing constantly refused to listen to those around him and make amends for his mistakes, instead abusing his powers to goof off and benefit himself until it is far too late for him to change.
- He is one to Golden Scepter, a fellow Alicorn.
- Follow in My Footsteps:
- Sparkling Wing's mother, Queen Silver Clock, a powerful time sorceress, wanted him to succeed her and be a good king by encouraging him to learn magic, and making him her heir to the throne. But because the kingdom she ruled was matriarchal, her subjects didn't want a male ruler and they heavily pressured her into having a daughter, which she did, resulting in Rising Sun's birth. She felt extremely guilty about it afterwards, since she dashed her own son's potential for the sake of her kingdom, but Sparkling Wing doesn't blame her for it since he was disinterested in ruling a kingdom. However, while Sparkling Wing never got to be king, he still managed to become a great hero and a powerful mage nonetheless, as Silver Clock sobbed out of proud joy when she learned that he actually Ascended to godhood.
- If his interactions with Emperor Golden Scepter are to be believed, Golden Scepter intends for Sparkling Wing to be a great leader like him, having foreseen Sparkling Wing's future as the beloved ruler of his own kingdom. However, his initial Brilliant, but Lazy tendencies would often result in Golden Scepter scolding him for wasting his potential on mere "parlor tricks" instead of acting like the royal diplomat and leader he's supposed to be.
- For Want of a Nail:
- Had Silver Clock refused to let her subjects pressure her into having a daughter, Rising Sun wouldn't have existed; instead, Sparkling Wing would've succeeded his mother as a Benevolent Mage Ruler just like she always hoped he would. Ironically, it's implied that if Sparkling Wing did manage to become king, he wouldn't have become a god like he did now.
- Had he not been willing to improve himself and accept help from others in overcoming his Brilliant, but Lazy tendencies, he would have ended up experiencing a fall similar to the Malrègnarian god known as "The Slothful Messenger", who constantly shirked his responsibilities to goof off and is perfectly willing to flee the battlefield while letting others die for him to cover his own escape. "The Slothful Messenger"'s refusal to change himself for the better is what ultimately did him in when Vicearch Iniquitous arrived and massacred the Malrègnarian Pantheon with her demonic forces.
- Freudian Excuse: He was often Brilliant, but Lazy because when he was younger, his time as his mother's heir actually stressed him out because the thought of running a kingdom and disappointing Silver Clock terrified him. And while he doesn't blame his mother or his sister for superseding his claim to the throne, due to his disinterest in ruling, he was rather heartbroken to learn that regardless if he wanted to rule or not, they were quick to reject and dismiss him as a royal and as a person because of his sex. It's deconstructed in that his feaer of failure and responsibility made him eschew hard work in favor of making his own life easier, which both frustrated and disappointed his mentors and friends. Fortunately, both Luminiferous and the Church of the Stars would help him grow out of this behavior.
- Living Legend: It's noted in his entry that after leaving his childhood kingdom to travel with Luminiferous as his students, stories and legends about him would pop up throughout the Third Age, telling of a lavender-pelted pegasus stallion who would resolve conflicts all over Equus and manipulate the skies themselves. It's what later led to Sparkling Wing meeting Queen Dazzleglow in the Fourth Age post-Ascension, having heard of said legends and was interested in his potential role in breaking "The Cycle".
- Magic Hair: Post-Ascension, his mane and tail became ethereal, resembling wispy, dark purple clouds. It's rather appropriate, since he's the Alicorn god of Weather.
- Magnetic Hero: He's escribed as such in his entry. As a mortal teenager, he was rather infamous for having an interracial entourage, which included Griffon and Yak nobles and princes, and an elderly commoner stallion named "Whizzbag". And after he became an Alicorn, he continued down this path, attracting people to him with his words and defusing conflicts all over Equus. Justified, as he had the social skills and silver tongue required to be this trope, and is also a natural empath.
- The Magnificent: Known as "The Royal Unifier" due to his background as a Prince, and his uncanny ability to unite hostile factions, countries, and even individuals with his natural empathy and silver tongue.
- Making a Splash: It's mentioned that he can summon rain with his weather magic to use for water-based attacks. But due to being a Martial Pacifist, he generally doesn't do it unless he has to.
- Martial Pacifist: He's described as such in his entry. He's a skilled weather mage and has the potential to become even more powerful, but because of his compassionate and empathetic nature, he doesn't like doing more than is necessary, and thus sticks to defensive/support roles if he has to fight, unless the situation requires him to be on the offensive. Even the idea of killing someone with a physical weapon sickens him, so he always carries a Simple Staff.
- Meaningful Appearance:
- His purple mane and tail transformed into ethereal, wispy clouds. This is to represent his weather-based magic, his pacifistic mindset, and his sometimes shallow and lazy personality, making him a literal example of the saying "head in the clouds".
- His Cutie Mark depicts two sapient beings embracing each other in a sunny meadow, though it magically changes depending on who sees it - his Cutie Mark shows two ponies when in Pony-dominated countries like Equestria, while in Griffon countries like Griffonstone, his Cutie Mark shows two griffons. This represents his talent as a diplomat and peacemaker, as he doesn't favor one race over the other.
- Meaningful Name: Sparkling Wing indeed has wings that sparkle. It's rumored in-universe that the sparkling effect both his wings and pelt have is the result of a partial Crystal Pony heritage.
- Momma's Boy: Like his character inspiration, he was very close to his mother, Queen Silver Clock, and wants nothing but the world for her. Despite having every right to do so, he doesn't blame or resent Silver Clock for superseding his claim to the throne despite her high hopes for him, as she was only keeping up appearances for her subjects and he was disinterested in ruling at the time. Notably, when Luminiferous got angry at the kingdom ruining his potential because he was born a royal with the wrong sex, Sparkling Wing begged him to be lenient with his mother, which he did. He also kept his promise to her to write home while he was away, and when he Ascended and wrote her a letter about it, Silver Clock started crying out of proud joy.
- Nice Hat: His entry describes him as wearing a red wide-brimmed hat with feathers.
- Not So Different: In-Universe, Dazzleglow notes that his Brilliant, but Lazy personality was something Princess Stitching Time once had - Sparkling Wing would use his magic to goof off despite his intelligence because deep down, he was terrified of taking on responsibility that he thinks he's not ready for, and fears failing people's expectations of him, no matter how ridiculous they might be. Presumably, Stitching Time did the same thing for the same reasons until she was forced to grow out of it through proper teaching.
- Parting Words Regret: The last time he saw his younger sister, Queen Rising Sun, alive was when he argued with her over her choice to wage war against her Griffon neighbors. Rising Sun would die a few days later in said war, leaving behind her daughter and heir, Queen Obsidian Star.Prince Sparkling Wing: Sister, listen to me, please! You don't have to do this! We can still make peace with the Griffons, even if their leaders don't want to!
Queen Rising Sun: I have to do this, brother! I've tried advocating for peace like you did many times, and still, they won't listen! Even your acts of diplomacy didn't work on those feathered dunderheads! The only thing that will get to them is war!
Prince Sparkling Wing: This isn't right! The only thing that will come out of this is a vicious cycle of violence, death, and suffering!
Queen Rising Sun: You are a naive fool to think that all problems can be solved with mere words of placation, brother! This foolishness has gone on long enough! It's time those disgusting interlopers learn their natural place in this world, for the good of our people!
- Physical God: As an Alicorn, he is this, despite being one of the younger members of the Church. Notably, he is skilled with weather magic, a powerful empath, and can empower mortals and forge temporary bonds that allow them to share each other's abilities based on how deep they trust each other.
- The Power of Friendship: As the Alicorn god of Unity, he can invoke magical bonds between two or multiple people that strengthen and allow them to use each other's abilities. However, the potency of the bonds depend on how deep the recipients' trust is with each other.
- Purple Is Powerful: His entry describes him as a lavender-pelted Alicorn with dark purple hair that became wispy clouds after Ascension. He's a god with powerful empathy and weather-based magic, and can empower other people through their bonds, though he normally doesn't like doing more than is necessary.
- Reality Ensues:
- During his argument with his younger sister, Queen Rising Sun, she points out that he was a "naive fool" for thinking that all problems can be solved with "mere words of placation". While she expressed this out of sheer frustration towards their diplomatic failures with the Griffons, she does have a point in that some problems can only be resolved with force if necessary. Unfortunately, Rising Sun would die in the Pony-Griffon wars a few days later before either sibling could make amends.
- Even though Queen Silver Clock, loved her son very much and believed that he was destined for greatness, the high expectations she set for Sparkling Wing as royalty and her heir to the throne put him under incredible stress, terrified by the thought of disappointing his mother. The birth of his sister, Rising Sun, was a great relief to him and thus he doesn't blame her for making him supersede his claim of succession in her favor. However, he still wanted to be acknowledged in some way other than being a ruler, and when he learned that his own subjects didn't want to accept him because he was born with the "wrong" sex, he felt rather upset.
- As Golden Scepter and Luminiferous had noticed, Sparkling Wing is a very talented and charismatic pony, capable of great feats of diplomacy and leadership that bring people together. However, his fear of failure in general caused him to eschew his responsibilities in favor of goofing off. It's noted that Golden Scepter would scold him many times for indulging in mere "parlor tricks" instead of being what he's supposed to be.
- Robe and Wizard Hat: His Iconic Outfit is a red sorcerer's cloak and, like his character inspiration, Jushtin Butterfly, a a red wide-brimmed hat with feathers. This combined with his white staff makes him resemble the ancient mages, wizards, and sorcerers of past Ages.
- Seers: Inverted; he has what he calls "Diplomatic Recalling", which is the opposite of Crystal Prism's "emotional foresight" in that it allows him to look into the past through people's emotions. A notable use of this involved helping two feuding noble Bitalian families unite by showing them the root of their ancient grudge and the potential consequences of their actions, thus saving the families' heirs, Lord Cerulean Heart and Lady Sweet Song, from running away and committing suicide together just to escape their families' hatred. Luminiferous was left rather surprised and proud with his student afterwards.
- Shock and Awe: It's mentioned that he can summon lightning with his weather magic for quick, precise strikes against his enemies. But due to being a Martial Pacifist, he generally doesn't do it unless he has to.
- Simple Staff: His primary weapon is a white staff that he carries with him at all times. Because he is sickened by the thought of killing someone with a weapon, a non-lethal weapon like a staff suits his defensive/support purposes by blocking attacks, as well as tripping, pushing away, and redirecting opponents.
- The Social Expert: He's described by his entry as having a "silver tongue", which allows him to charm people to his side, befriend people from multiple races, and defuse conflicts. Being an empath helps significantly, too.
- Spare to the Throne: Because the kingdom he grew up in was matriarchal, he was never intended to be king, even though his mother, Silver Clock, wanted him to succeed her. When Rising Sun was born due to Silver Clock caving to pressure that she should bear a daughter, Sparkling Wing's claim of succession was automatically superseded in favor of his sister. Silver Clock deeply regretted ruining her son's potential for the sake of pleasing her subjects, and her realization that Sparkling Wing would fade into obscurity if he stayed home was what made her plead for Luminiferous to take in Sparkling Wing as his student. The rest was history.
- Supernatural Floating Hair: His entry describes his mane and tail as ethereal, resembling wispy, dark purple clouds.
- The Unfavorite: Subverted; even though tradition deemed him as such due to being born a royal with the "wrong" sex in a matriarchy, Silver Clock loved both him and his sister, Rising Sun, and deeply regretted ruining her son's potential for the sake of pleasing her subjects. Notably, she pleaded for Luminiferous to take Sparkling Wing as his student, knowing that he would fade into obscurity if he stayed home. When she learned through a letter that her son became a god, she cried out of proud joy.
- Warrior Prince: Despite not technically being royalty anymore, since he was superseded from his family's royal line of succession and left home to learn under Luminiferous, he still kept his title as a Prince. He's also a powerful and capable fighter and mage, but he prefers diplomatic solutions and is sickened by the thought of killing, so he mostly fights in defense/support unless warranted.
- Weather Manipulation: As an Alicorn god of Weather, most of his magic is based around this. He usually generates clouds to transport non-winged sapient creatures away from war zones and make hiding places for his allies for surprise ambushes, but he could also create miniature twisters and weaponize thunderclaps by having his clouds filled with rapidly-expanding heat, magic or otherwise. He can also summon rain for water-based attacks and lightning for quick, precise strikes, but being a Martial Pacifist, he normally doesn't go on the offensive unless the situation warrants it.
- What the Hell, Hero?: It's noted that Golden Scepter would often scold him whenever he caught him doing "parlor tricks" with his powers, as he feels that his student is wasting his potential instead of becoming the royal diplomat and leader that he's supposed to be.
- What You Are in the Dark: While he was heartbroken by his subjects' rejection of him as a royal due to being born with the "wrong" sex, he doesn't blame or resent his mother and his sister for taking away his claim of succession despite having every right to do so. Notably, he still loves them like family even though they have their disagreements.
- Winged Unicorn: What he eventually became, after spending several years helping people and defusing conflicts all over Equus.
- With Great Power Comes Great Perks: As part of his Brilliant, but Lazy shtick, he often used his powerful magic to goof off whenever he's faced with difficult situations. This got him scolded many times by Golden Scepter, who wants him to act like the the royal diplomat and leader he's supposed to be instead of doing mere "parlor tricks". Fortunately, the benevolent influence of Luminiferous and the Church has largely curbed this behavior.
Golden Scepter, the Radiant Emperor
Princess Amicitia Sparkle Equestria, the Spark of Friendship/Princess Twilight Sparkle, the Bearer of Magic
Princess Nete, the Scholarly Insight
Prince Star Cut, the Prince of Teaching
- See his folder entry here.
Princess Grizelda II, the Heart of Griffonstone
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Morality, Sound, Defiance
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
"If we are to defy something, it must be for a cause that is morally sound. For example, should we defy the ruler who refuses to follow cruel, ingrained traditions out of compassion and ethics? Or should we defy the ruler who commits great atrocities behind honeyed words and noble intentions?"
Princess Grizelda II (her entry here) is a Celestial Griffon goddess of Morality, Sound, and Defiance, and is a surviving daughter of Queen Grizelda, the Storm Breaker.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Celestial Griffon goddess who embodies Morality, Sound, and Defiance.
- Noble Bird of Prey: As a Celestial Griffon, her bird half is a Crowned Eagle with aurora-cloaked wings. She's also a benevolent and pacifistic individual who despises wars, racism, and irrational hatred, and seeks to encourage morals and virtue in people as a goddess of Morality.
- Screw Destiny: Weaponized. As a goddess of Defiance, her powers are similar to Luminiferous' in that she can defy fate and break things that bind people to a specific fate, such as prophecies and those who possess Doom-related powers such as Surtr, the Jotunn god of Doom and Destruction.
Princess Happyglow, the Princess Of Music
Divine Classification: Ascendant
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Princess Starglow, the Princess of Joy