Main Characters (Gon Freecss | Killua Zoldyck) | Hunter Association | Zoldyck Family | Phantom Troupe | Chimera Ants | Kakin Royal Family | Other Characters
Kakin Empire / Hui Guo Rou Royal Dynasty
The Kakin Empire is a wealthy country ruled by Nasubi Hui Guo Rou. It's located in the middle of the Azian Continent and it underwent a considerable economic growth that made it one of the wealthiest countries in the world. The Royal Family consists of Nasubi, his eight wives Unma, Duazul, Tang Zhao, Katrono, Swinko-Swinko, Seiko, Sevanti and Oito, and their fourteen children together. The Kakin Empire are the main sponsors of Beyond Netero's expedition to the Dark Continent, thus forcing the Hunter Association and the V5 to participate; the V5 in particular has to accept the Kakin Empire into their ranks, thus forming the V6 and as such, finally starting the journey to the Dark Continent, an endeavor involving thousands of people crammed up in a single gigantic ship, which is proverbially a pressure cooker ready to blow.
During the trek towards the Dark Continent, Nasubi announces a Succession War between the Princes of Kakin in order to determine the heir to the throne. The princes undergo a Nen ritual to imbue them with a Nen Beast in order to give them an even playing field, though they have no control or awareness of their respective beasts. The princes are informally divided between the Elder and Younger princes, on which the former have the logistic and manpower advantage regarding their resources for the war. What's more however, once the ritual starts, none of the princes can refuse participation as the Nen ritual likewise is a contract based power. Once they (unwittingly) agreed to it, it was pretty much kill or be killed.
The succession war involves the elimination of the rest of the princes in order to be considered the true heir, though not all the princes are aware of this. Each of the princes' retinue in the expedition consists of 15 guards personally chosen by the elder queens, which include members of the Hunter Association; however, the retinues also include assassins, moles, and normal bodyguards who are unaware of the situation; as such, the younger princes have either a few or none of the 15 bodyguards appointed by their own mothers.
The Royal Family
Nasubi Hui Guo Rou
Ruler of Kakin and patriarch of the Royal Family. A publicly jolly person, Nasubi is actually a ruthless man who makes his children fight for the throne's succession.
- Abusive Parents: Sweet Jesus. We have ourselves one hell of a bastard father on our hands here. Seriously, telling your children, including an infant, the equivalent of, "Oh hey, kill each other and the last one standing succeeds me"!?! Just because you are bound by a barbaric and arbitrary tradition? You will never be Father of the Year.
- Battle Royale: He enforces a succession war on his children. His older sons and daughters have been preparing for it for most of their lives, while the youngest are shown to be utterly unprepared for it.
- Big Fun: Puts on a jolly façade when making public appearances.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Nen beasts imposed on him and his offspring qualify as this. Even with considerable manpower and a proverbial arsenal, the Nen beasts indeed level the playing field for the succession war; as such, baby Woble has as much chance of becoming king as Benjamin or Tserriednich. Of course, the only problem is that they cannot willingly control the Nen beasts, so there's that.
- Equal-Opportunity Evil: In spite of the order they were born, Nasubi's sons and daughters have been provided an equal playing field in the form of their Nen Beasts; these serve as both a protector and a handicap, as the Beasts cannot be used to harm other princes or their Nen Beasts, but they can kill the hell out of the princes' retinues. Nasubi, however, has not been particularly egalitarian regarding the man resources that the princes are allotted to, as the Elder Princes have considerably better manpower and political backing than the younger ones.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Invoked and played with. He is shown to be mournful and lamenting of the assassination of Prince Momoze, but he states that the deaths of his children serve a necessary evil to a goal that is paramount.
- Fat Bastard: Nasubi is an obese man and seems to be cold-hearted to the point of being ruthless, since the rules he dictated in order to choose his heir allow, if not encourage, his children to kill each other.
- Gonk: He has an obese figure with slit eyes.
- Hidden Depths:
- King Nasubi survived his own succession war to become the only Prince of Kakin of his generation, and later became king. (Warning: the following link is NSFW) His Guardian Sacred Beast◊ is a reflection of his own nature as a man of indomitable lust and ruthlessness, hiding it all behind a jolly disposition.
- As revealed in chapter 371, the deaths of his children serve an ulterior purpose other than the succession war, as he has caskets ready for 13 of them. He even states that Momoze, the first victim of the war, is not really "dead" as her body is placed in her casket.
- Nipple and Dimed: His absolutely vile Nen Beast marks an incredibly rare example of a Shonen Jump manga (a medium aimed at junior high and high school teenagers) depicting breasts with highly detailed teats; likely, the only reason Togashi is able to get away with this is because they belong to an inhuman creature. Don't expect the anime to ever let this design aspect ever see the light of day should the Dark Continent go into production. (And if you try reading the manga in front of your friends and family and happen to stumble upon that thing and they see it and question what you're looking at, don't say we didn't warn you... just tell them it's the brainchild of someone's nightmares... yeesh...)
- Pet the Dog: He may be forcing his children into a violent succession war but he turns down the request by Camilla to make it an absolute requirement that the last one actually alive will be the inheritor of the throne. That he doesn't simply default the war into an outright death match between his children is surprisingly kind of him.
- Punny Name: Transliterated from Japanese, Hoikōrō means twice-cooked pork. Dude looks like a hog already...
- Additionally, "Nasu" means eggplant, which his hair makes him resemble.
- Royal Harem: He has eight legal wives, who gave him 14 children.
- Rule of Symbolism: He has a painting of Saturn (Chronos) devouring his children in his room. It's even focused on in a panel when he's talking about Karma/the sacrifices neccessary to become King.
- He states that the last surviving prince will inherit the throne. When Camilla and Zhang Lei ask him the details of what this entails, he leaves it open to interpretation.
- When Halkenburg requests to be removed from the succession war, Nasubi cannot help but smile at the notion that Halkenburg thinks that he has the option to quit.
- Verbal Tic: Hoi!
- You Can't Fight Fate: King Nasubi pits his 14 sons and daughters in a succession war against each other in order to determine the only rightful Prince of Kakin. This is purportedly a tradition that goes back to the first king, and it's the traditional way of the Hui Guo Rou family of weeding out the bulk of heirs to the princedom itself. He flat out tells Halkenburg that there is no way to escape this war.
Oito Hui Guo Rou
The eighth (and youngest) wife of Nasubi, initially a poor Kakinian girl that was chosen by the king. Wobble is her only daughter and she holds very little influence within the court, all of this meaning that her chances for survival are beyond thin. Despite this she is willing to do whatever is necessary for her´s and her daughter´s survival and to do so she hires the services of hunter Kurapika Kurta, who has his own reasons to chase after the Hui Guo Rous...
Due to the circumstances of Woble being a toddler, Oito is the other important target Kurapika needs to protect.
- Action Survivor: Oito is not a person of violence at all nor is she ambitious like the princes or several of the other queens; but circumstances have forced her to participate in the backstabbing royale that is the Succession War.
- Adult Fear: She is responsible for the most vulnerable of all the Princes of Kakin in a Succession War filled with carnage and backstabbing. She also becomes a firsthand witness to the murder of Prince Momoze, being left anguished and broken at the fact that she could not protect even a young girl like her.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Not moron or a badass per se, but she is definitively far more competent that one would be forgiven to assume she is only an Extreme Doormat at first glance. She does not appear to be any different than the other queens: a trophy wife to be used by Nasubi. In reality she was able to play Kurapika of all people and so far has shown to be able to work with what she got (which isn't much) and be an asset for Kurapika's plan.
- Deadpan Snarker: On the rare moments when she is able to calm down a little bit between the constant peril, she has a surprisingly dry sense of humor.
- Empowered Badass Normal: As a consequence of Kurapika's plans, she was awakened and her aura was opened, making her suitable to learn Nen. She even uses a Manipulation technique that Kurapika stole for recon purposes. Mind you, she is still on the very basics of Nen learning and Kurapika believes that she will be a slow one, but she is now capable of seeing the Nen beasts, which is an asset on itself.
- Mama Bear: She is in a desperate situation but will do anything to ensure the survival of her daughter. She also cares about her step-children, as she immediately called for help when Momoze was attacked, crying bitter tears and blaming herself when she learns that help came too late.
- Punny Name: She's the eighth wife of Nasubi, and fittingly, she's named "Oito" (which is Portuguese for eight).
- Rags to Riches: Initially just a poor girl whose life became the stuff of movies when the king of her country noticed her. But then...
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: When Oito uses "Little Eye" to spy on the other princes, she sees how Momoze is about to get killed by an unknown assailant. She immediately yells out and urges everyone in her room to call the guards to intervene. Kurapika asks Oito to calm down and not reveal to Benjamin's guard, Babimyna, that she can use Nen, but she rejects this and doesn't care about their plan, causing Kurapika to reluctantly follow her orders. When it turns out that they were too late, Babimyna asks Oito why she called for help, as there was no personal benefit from doing so. Oito proceeds to chew him out for not understanding that she simply wanted to save the life of someone, regardless of the succession war. Babimyna then removes his En from the room and gives Oito more privacy, noting that their presence stresses her out.
- Big Brother Bully: The older the prince, the more resources they have at their disposal. Benjamin, who is the oldest, has the most resources in the war available to him, with spies and assassins hidden among every bodyguard group of the younger princes. This is really dangerous, since he's a No-Nonsense Nemesis. This doesn't seem so bad, except it goes hand in hand with the following trope.
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: The older the princes are, the more insane they seem to be. Ben, Camilla, and Tserriednich are three of the oldest princes, and are easily the most unstable of them all—this is bad, since those three have some of the best resources for winning the war at their disposal. This perhaps has something to do with Children Are Innocent, as many of the younger siblings haven't been exposed to the harsh realities of the world like Benjamin or Zhang have.
- Cain and Abel: Circumstances have resulted in a scenario in which only one of the princes may survive- dead, or alive.
- Guardian Entity: The Nen Beast Parasites level the playing field for the war, as they essentially given Nen powers to the princes without them knowing. They look absolutely horrific.
- Gender Is No Object: While there is clearly many things wrong with the Kakin Royal Family gender inequality is not one of them. There is an equal number of male and female princes vying for the throne and their position is determined by the order of their birth and their own accomplishments rather then their sex or which one of King Nasubi's wives gave birth to them.
- Non-Indicative Name: Even the women are called "princes".
- Our Monsters Are Weird: All of the Nen Beasts except Kachou and Fugetsu's are positively bizarre, ranging from strange giant Mix-and-Match Critters to nondescript floating shapes to nightmarish, repulsive, borderline NSFW abominations.
Benjamin Hui Guo Rou
First Prince of Kakin and son of Nasubi's first wife, Unma. He is the full brother of Tserriednich and the Deputy Military Adviser of the Royal Army of the Kakin Empire.
Benjamin is a passionate, military-minded individual who is capable of making informed, rational decisions and being very respectful of his men. This makes him a Reasonable Authority Figure to his men, but this mindset belies a cruel and cold-hearted individual who believes in striking down all who oppose him with lethal force.
- All Your Powers Combined: He receives the abilities of the soldiers who swore loyalty to him and died.
- Animal Motifs: He looks and acts like a lion heading a pride, with all the viciousness that it entails.
- Arch-Enemy: His first order of business when he's informed of the succession war is to have a loving conversation with Tserriednich, promising to murder the hell out of each other. No lost fraternal love there.
- Cain and Abel: He intends to kill all his siblings to become king, but he especially has a problem with his full younger brother, Tserriednich.
- Dirty Coward: Invoked. The guards that he assigns to the rest of the princes are instructed to kill whomever they feel like killing as long as they set up a scenario where they "acted in self-defense".
- The Dreaded: His ruthlessness is so well-known that an attendant to Woble outright refused to answer him on the phone because she knew he was already prepared to kill everybody among that group without even talking to him.
- Empowered Badass Normal: The first of two princes that has been thus far confirmed to be capable of using Nen.
- Four-Star Badass: He is not afraid to get his own hands dirty. In fact, he wishes to kill all of his siblings personally.
- Gonk: He looks and has the size of a lion; fittingly, his first appearance shows him wrestling a lion.
- Hot-Blooded: He takes his duties as the First Prince of Kakin very seriously. His sister, Camilla's, arrogance and conceit piss him off so much that when he leaves the banquet, he rips off his suit and wishes to kill his siblings immediately, starting with his younger brother, Tserriednich.
- Oh, Crap!: He has to halt the attempts on the rest of the princes when he realizes that the Nen beasts are way more dangerous than he thought. He still sends guards to shadow the princes, though.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Though he is irascible and merciless, his bodyguards are entirely loyal to him and consider him an excellent leader. As chief of the military, he also has complete control over the bodyguard assignation to the rest of the princes, being able to send his own followers to spy on them as assigned bodyguards. However, he doesn't have this authority over Tserriednich, which both preoccupies and irritates him to no end.
- Rated M for Manly: His very first appearance has him wrestling a lion. Followed by snapping its neck in his biceps with a gush of blood from its mouth.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Benjamin is hot-blooded, impulsive and prefers shortcuts, but if he is offered enough information and alternative points-of-views from his advisers, he will take his time to think it over and make sound judgments and decisions. Being both flexible and stern, he is implied to be A Father to His Men and has the Undying Loyalty of his soldiers, as for instance Vincent was immediately willing to kill himself when he was captured by Kurapika, so he could not betray Benjamin. Their loyalty goes so far that those who swore loyalty to Benjamin serve him even in death, by transferring their powers to him after they died.
Camilla Hui Guo Rou
Second Prince of Kakin and daughter of Nasubi's second wife, Duazul. She is the full sister of Tubeppa, Luzurus and Halkenburg.
Camilla is a Spoiled Brat of a prince, being a Daddy's Girl since she was young. Despite this, she is passionate about winning the war, even if her intelligence (or lack thereof) and spoiled nature cause her to become Her Own Worst Enemy.
- Achilles' Heel: Once you figure out how her ability works, you just need to not deal a fatal blow to her. This is exactly what Furykov does, when she attempts to kill Benjamin, as he merely breaks her arm and disarms her.
- The Beautiful Elite: Aesthetically, Camilla is a considerably beautiful woman. Psychologically, not quite.
- Costume Porn: She is always immaculately dressed.
- Counter-Attack: Camilla's ability is a counter-type and requires her to be dealt a fatal blow and kill her to activate it.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: At first, one might think she's recklessly stupid and won't last for long in this war. Turns out she's reckless because her Nen can ressurect her and she has a whole plan behind the scenes to basically curse all her siblings. Subverted, however: her blatant lack of intelligence makes her harmless to say the least, no matter her skills.
- Death-Activated Superpower: Her Nen ability activates when she is killed by somebody else. It takes the killer's life force and uses it to resurrect herself. It goes further than just her though. Camilla has an entire military group of 13 people, one for each of her brothers and sisters, who have been trained to inflict a Dying Curse on their designated prince when they kill themselves.
- Death Is Cheap: Because her ability will steal her killer's life force and give it to her, so she can resurrect herself.
- Death Is the Only Option: Her ability only activates when she dies, so she tries to bait people into killing her and then takes their life to resurrect herself. It abuses the effect that Nen can get stronger after one's death, but once you figured out her ability, you can take countermeasures. It's also rather obvious that she baits you into a counter attack, as she deliberately shuts off her own aura with Zetsu, making her even more vulnerable than normal people. Other than that, she doesn't display any other notable abilities besides her aim with her gun, and she is quickly captured and imprisoned by Benjamin's men once she runs out of bullets.
- Ermine Cape Effect: She is shown to dress in regal fashion in all her appearances.
- Hidden Depths: Camilla is one of only two princes who actually already developed Nen before the Succession War began. Considering her immature behavior, this is rather unexpected.
- Idiot Hair: One of her hairstyles is cowlicks galore, and Camilla's not too bright upstairs.
- It's All About Me: Ideally, she wants her siblings to volunteer to die for her. Because she for some reason thinks she should be king.
- Jerkass: She is extremely selfish, narcissistic and conceited.
- Logical Weakness: Her Hatsu is only triggered when she is killed. Naturally, the opponent would simply have to not kill her to incapacitate her, and since she hasn't developed her Nen for any offensive capability, she has few means to fight back.
- Politically Active Princess: She is one of the Senior Princes, granting her status well above the younger princes in terms of influence and power.
- Spoiled Brat: Being refused something makes her very angry. She also shows absolutely no respect towards her elder brother, Benjamin.Camilla:: Unbelievable...!! There's something wrong with this world! Cammy has to change it herself! Wanting something doesn't make it come true! It's just not fair!!
- Statuesque Stunner: Camilla is a tall and physically beautiful woman.
- Third-Person Person: Constantly referring to herself as "Cammy" only makes her look even more immature.
- Womanchild: She is the oldest daughter of the family and the second oldest child overall, yet she talks and thinks like a freaking preschooler.
Zhang Lei Hui Guo Rou
Zhang Lei Hui Guo Rou is the third prince of Kakin and the only son of his father's third wife, Tang Zhao Li.
A rational and diplomatic individual, Zhang Lei is logical almost to a fault. He places great importance on intel, and refuses to act unless he has all the information necessary.
- Affably Evil: Polite enough to allow Kurapika to come to his room to discuss Nen and Nen Beasts and would prefer not to bloody his hands by killing off the other Princes, but prideful to the point that he would not wait on any other Prince and would readily kill them if he is forced to.
- The Chessmaster: Zhang Lei is definitely not to be trifled with because he is chillingly calculative and shady.
- Gonk: A mild example. He's not ugly, per se, but he's got a very chubby face like a stereotypical monk with medicinal burns above his eyebrows, so he does look pretty unusual.
- Membership Token: His response to finding out his Nen beast produces coins is to give those coins to trusted people when he becomes King. After all, since they are Nen coins, they are one-of-a-kind, and can't be forged due to the aura. Of course, we don't know yet what those coins ACTUALLY DO, so the jury is still out on if this is a good idea.
Tserriednich Hui Guo Rou
Fourth Prince of Kakin, and second son of Nasubi's first wife, Unma. He is the full brother of Benjamin.
Tserriednich is, in a few words, a complete and total psychopath. A Mad Artist turned Up to Eleven, Tserriednich is dead set on completing the war and remaking the world in his twisted image. Of all the princes, he is easily most dangerous as a winner, lest he become The Caligula.
Tserriednich is the current owner of the last Kurta tribesmen eyes, which are part of his personal collection of horrors. As such, he is the main objective of this arc's Revenge Mission for Kurapika.
- The Ace: As of chapter 366, it's shown that Tserriednich is a prodigy when it comes to learning Nen. His rare talent is shown when Tserriednich tries the water divination test which reveals that he's a natural Specialist.
- Antichrist: Tserriednich seems to be paralleling the biblical Anti-Christ as he has begun to unconsciously develop a specialised nen beast that looks monstrous while having the numbers 666 arranged on its chest. Tserriednich is horribly evil and seeks to control and dominate the world. He has great power and potential as a nen user, and gains the ability to see the future and force others into illusions of the vision he just saw while he changes destiny and alters the outcome. Either this is a coincidence or Togashi really really likes christian religious horror (what with the fallen angel motifs with the Phantom Troupe and the whole chapter black saga from Yu Yu Hakusho).
- Beauty Is Bad: He is one of the more handsome princes of Kakin, but don't let it fool you. He is also a mass murderer and sadist, and his status grants him the resources to get away with it.
- Berserk Button: Liars. Tserriednich makes it clear that the one thing he hates most in the world are people who are dishonest to his face, and is more than willing to mutilate anybody who deceives him. Theta ends up taking a huge risk of pissing him off by feeding him disinformation about Nen. His Nen Beast embodies this, being a Living Lie Detector that punishes liars by inflicting Body Horror for each lie they tell until they can no longer be considered human.
- Chekhov's Gun: Tserriednich being imparted a Nen Beast via the ceremonial jar sheds some light on an aspect that would later on prove important: The prince has no knowledge about Nen, as he seemed unable to see the spirit emerge from the jar and place a seed in his mouth. It later turns out that while uninvolved Nen users can see the beasts, a Nen user like Benjamin cannot see his own beast. However, when Kurapika reported Nen Beasts on the ship, Tserriednich immediately got curious and now wishes to learn Nen.
- Collector of the Strange: Collects human body parts.
- Combat Clairvoyance: Tserriednich naturally develops an ability that grants him a vision of the future of up to ten seconds, when he enters Zetsu and closes his eyes. Furthermore, people around him are affected by an illusion of his actions that were shown in his vision for these ten seconds when he opens his eyes again, allowing him to change the future accordingly.
- Dodge the Bullet: Tserriednich can do this not because he is extremely fast, but because he has Combat Clairvoyance coupled with illusions that trick people into thinking he is still moving the way he foresaw in his vision. He tricked Theta into believing that she successfully shot him, while he saw it coming and got out of the way in time.
- The Dreaded: This guy is the one prince even his own bodyguards fear taking control. And when the prospect of a murderer figuring out how to use Nen, let alone a Nen Beast, comes up, it equals pure pandemonium.
- Evil Genius: Learned how to use Nen alarmingly quickly when Theta was attempting subterfuge in the hope he'd screw it up.
- Faux Affably Evil: While he appears dignified and sophisticated at first glance, he's actually a sociopath with a hobby for killing people and collecting their body parts.
- Four Is Death: Is the fourth prince in line for Kakin's throne and the most amoral and sociopathic of the lot whose first scene involves the aftermath of him violently murdering two women in his room before asking for more.
- Locked Out of the Loop: His bodyguard Theta realizes right off the bat that Tserriednich must. Not. Learn. About. Nen. Because if he does, God help them all. So she does all she can to muddle the truth and only tell him what she thinks will appease him without revealing how to use it. Unfortunately, Tserriednich figures it out on his own.
- Logical Weakness: He develops an ability that lets him see 10 seconds into the future and also force others that were part of the illusion to see the vision he saw after cancelling the ability. This means that he can see what you will do 10 seconds into the future and then he makes you see what he foresaw you doing while he can alter the actual events while you are trapped in his illusion. This could very well be considered a Story-Breaker Power but for the fact that he has to engage Zetsu and close his eyes which, without a good strategy, makes it Awesome, but Impractical for a combat situation as your opponent isn't going to wait for you to close your eyes and activate zetsu plus it only works if Tserriednich's concentration isn't broken. He has to develop the ability more for it to be useful in an actual fight.
- Further, it's only 10 seconds into the future which means that, in order to avoid trouble, it has to be a danger he could avoid within a 10 second time span. If he's near a powerful bomb than it's unlikely that he can save himself as it would take more than 10 seconds to get away from a bomb to minimum safe distance.
- His future sight is also of the active veriety, not passive. It's the opposite of Spider-Sense in that he has to conciously look for danger. It won't let him know if he's in harms way unless he activates the ability.
- The portion of the ability that draws people into the illusion of the future he saw or are involved in only works on them. An inanimate object like a bomb isn't going to be fooled by an illusion and only the viewer's perception of time is affected not time itself. This may also include people who attack him from a distance like a sniper or someone using a detinator because a minimum distance or the degree of involvment hasn't been established for who is affected by the illusion.
- Mad Artist: As he puts it, he seeks "art, produced by youth with a future put in an extreme situation". He calls it a "synthesis of the arts", and sends his men out to bring him intelligent women to torture and skin.
- Master of Illusion: People around Tserriednich will see his actions that he foresees in his vision in the next ten seconds after he cancels his Zetsu and opens his eyes again. Theta is the first victim of this, when she attempts to kill Tserriednich with a shot to the head. As he foresaw his death, he dodged in time while Theta was led to believe that he was dead.
- Monster Misogyny:
- In his first real appearance in chapter 345, he is seen with two women, who were invited over to his hotel room. One page later he is seen taking a shower to wash off blood on his body and complaining that the women that were sent over were uncultured swines.
- In chapter 348, a woman is seen being tattooed in Tserriednich's room, while her arms are restrained. In the next chapter, the tattooed skin of a human's back is seen framed in the background, which implies that after the tattoist was done with his work, Tserriednich killed and skinned the woman.
- Nightmare Fetishist: HOLY JESUS. The things he does to people to satisfy his thirst for murder as scenery are downright satanic. In fact, this guy would be right at home with the Phantom Troupe.
- Number of the Beast: The nen beast Tserriednich is creating has the numbers 666 arranged in a circular pattern on its chest. Further proof of Tserriednich's evil nature.
- Odd Friendship: Is reportedly good friends with Halkenberg, who otherwise seems to be the most morally upstanding of the princes.
- Passed-Over Inheritance: As the inheritance of Kakin is kill-or-be-killed, Tserriednich is one of the most serious contenders for the throne in spite of being fourth in line, as per his conversation with Benjamin.
- Portent of Doom: When Tserriednich took the water divination test, the water boiled and smelled atrocious. This shows that he is not only a natural Specialist, his aura and nature are definitely malevolent. Even when some of the more evil characters like the Chimera Ants took the divination test, none of them got a reaction nearly as ominous. Given that a Specialist can create an ability that can do or be just about anything coupled with Tserriednich's personality, something really bad is going to happen soon.
- Serial Killer: His targets are intelligent women. People who do not share his cultural interests, he compares to pigs and monkeys that he merely dissects.
- Superpower Lottery: He's won it. First, he's a Nen Specialist. Second, he has an astonishing talent for learning Nen, mastering the four basic principles of Nen in one week even when his teacher was actively trying to slow down his progress. Thirdly, during his training he managed to conjure a second Nen Beast in addition to the one the ceremony granted him. And worst of all, he has Combat Clairvoyance, which gives him a serious edge in combat as soon as he masters his Zetsu.
- Villainous Crush: Seems to have developed one on Theta after her unsuccessful assassination attempt.
- Wicked Cultured: Such that he gives off Hannibal Lecter vibes. He prides himself on his knowledge of various subjects, including (but not limited to) philosophy, mythology, physics, and soccer. He also expects the same intelligence from others, and uses it as a basis of determining whether they're a person or not.
Tubeppa Hui Guo Rou
Fifth Prince of Kakin and second daughter of Nasubi's second wife Droiselle. She is the full sister of Camilla, Luzurus and Halkenburg.
Tubeppa is a researcher at heart, fascinated with science and discovery.
- Doing Research: She is first shown in a laboratory mixing chemicals. She seems to be a lady of science.
- Emperor Scientist: Well, she IS a potential candidate for being King. Currently trying to understand Nen via Science, and her Nen Beast is essentially her own personal chemical lab (provided she has a lab partner that she can acknowledge.)
- Gonk: She looks like a steel-jawed man in drag.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: She is markedly masculine-looking.
- Not So Above It All: In spite of not being among the Elder Princes and having higher pursuits, Tubeppa is shown to be wholeheartedly embracing the succession war. Though she has declared her intention to spare all her younger siblings.
Taithon Hui Guo Rou
Sixth Prince of Kakin and the only daughter of Nasubi's fourth wife Katrono.
The leader of her own personal Cult of Personality, Taithon is unconcerned with the war and would rather focus on spreading her religion to all.
- Gonk: She looks like a fatted-up caricature of an Asian noblewoman.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: Not as pronounced as Tsubeppa, but her chubby round face is quite mannish.
- Love Freak: Grossly obsessed with love and peace. Even her religion is syrupy like her.
- Meaningful Name: Her book is named after herself, which is supposed to be a manifesto of love and happiness. Humorously, scanlators incorrectly interpreted the translation of her name's approximation from raw Japanese characters as "Tyson" until a clarification popped up in the source material.
- Naïve Everygirl: Taithon couldn't harm a fly and is a promoter of love and joy... She has no idea how dark and screwed up the rest of her family is or what she's even got herself into, or that her Nen beast, which she's been told is a pile of "fairies", is actually some freakish spawn of an orfice belonging to something.
- Womanchild: Constantly squealing about love, wears a teeny tiara on her head like she's playing dress-up, and sings silly songs, but looks like a grown woman. Odds of her surviving the succession war are... sucky.
Luzurus Hui Guo Rou
Seventh Prince of Kakin and first son of Nasubi's second wife Duazul. He is the full brother of Tubeppa, Camilla, and Halkenburg.
A stoner artist, Luzurus is surprisingly concerned with the war, but his lack of foresight means his planning often backfires on him. Luzurus is guarded by Basho of the Nostrade Syndicate under Kurapika's leadership.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: The older princes (at least Tserriednich and Benjamin) consider him a complete idiot.
- Afro Ass Kicker: Mixed with a male example of Girlish Pigtails; two big tufts of hair sticking off the sides of his head like fuzzy Q-tips.
- Cut Lex Luthor a Check: In one scene Luzurus talks with one of his men about how they could use the mixture he is smoking to safely detox drug addicts, lessening the risk of them dying.
- Didn't Think This Through: He hired assassins to board the ship, but none of them got past Kurapika's test, as they had murderous intent from the beginning.
- Erudite Stoner: Very frequently seen smoking a hookah. However, he doesn't get high in a self-destructive manner or breathe in things that poison the body over time. He uses different combinations of gentle drugs to encourage inspiration when he paints and is a very lax person with intelligent concerns about addiction.
- Nice Guy: He's chill and easygoing about life, typical of a stoner. He even takes the news that there's a Nen Beast lurking around him surprisingly well.
- The Slacker: Compared to the rest of the princes, Luzurus is not very "princely" and didn't do his homework regarding the succession war.
Sale-Sale Hui Guo Rou
Eighth Prince of Kakin and the son of his father's fifth wife Swinko-Swinko.
A fat, hedonistic pig, Sale-Sale wants nothing more than to enjoy the cruise in peace.
- 100% Adoration Rating: An acknowledged risk with Sale-Sale's Nen beast since the smoke it spreads will eventually cause all who inhale it to adore Sale-Sale which in turn creates miniature versions of the Nen beast that can spread more smoke to others. Therefore it's entirely possible that Sale-Sale's Nen beast could spread to all of Kakin and cause all of its people to become devoted to him.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Says he has a plan to change the world despite being urged to change himself. Subverted after Sale-Sale dies, Tserriednich reveals that his big plan was to perform a "shitty rap" at the next banquet.
- Delinquent Hair: Sports a pompadour, and just look at the way he behaves. He's totally self-indulgent and he's darned proud of it, taking right after his polygamous father.
- Fat Bastard: The most rotund and sedentary Prince, lying around his room like a heap of dough. One of his honeys even uses him as a bean bag chair. And he disgusts his bodyguard, who is left speechless, even though the worst we've seen him doing is being a hedonist and not a killer, sadist, torturer and similar things which some of his siblings regularly engage in.
- Fatal Flaw: His hedonism and sloth. Despite participating in a bloody succession war Sale-Sale is content to laze around in his bed all day with nothing protecting him other then his guards and Nen beast. Ultimately Sale-Sale is killed because he forgoes any plan to improve himself or his guards so, once his Nen beast is destroyed, he's made quick work off by one of Benjamin's private army.
- The Hedonist: Sits around on his pampered patoot all day? Check. Total slob? Check. Gorges himself on food and drink and spends all his time playing with knives, women, and even sex toys? Multi-checkaroo! We have a winner!
- Hookers and Blow: This hedonistic pig couldn't care less about the succession war as opposed to lying around unclothed in a pile of vice and food in the company of scantily-clad chicks, blasting his music and having an underwear dance party.
- A Lady on Each Arm: Always surrounded by an entourage of women.
- Momma's Boy: His mother scolding him gets him to take things more seriously and to reassure her that she can trust him to have a plan.
- Non-Action Guy: Sale-Sale is one of the least active participants in the war. Similarly enough, his Nen beast, while it has a powerful ability, has no means of self-defense. Predictably, when one of Benjamin's men destroys his Nen beast, he dies not long after.
- The Pig-Pen: His room is an ungodly mess, and he sits around in his underwear. Even his ghastly Nen Beast is a reflection of his repulsive nature. Heck, he litteraly spend 90% of his lifespan in the arc naked in his bed. Even when his mom comes to scolds him.
- The Slacker: He doesn't appear to be taking the succession war seriously, as his mom even has to scamper him out of bed and get serious.
Halkenburg Hui Guo Rou
Halkenburg Hui Guo Rou is the ninth prince of Kakin and the second son of his father's second wife, Droisulle. He is the full brother of Camilla, Tubeppa and Luzurus.
Halkenburg is easily the nicest of the princes, being a democratic leader. His Magnetic Hero personality means many people flock to his rule, making him arguably one of the best candidates to win the war despite being the 9th prince in line for the throne.
- The Aloner: Kurapika speculated he suffers from angst and alienation, and that he is a difficult person to deal with, as later confirmed by Oito.
- Armor-Piercing Attack: Halkenburg's Nen arrows can penetrate any defense the target can put up. However, if the incident with Shikaku is any indication, the arrows don't "pierce" armor as much as Halkenburg can prevent the armor from forming the moment he's selected his target.
- Badass Bookworm: He studied physics there and also won archery world championships.
- Beware the Nice Ones: When he realizes that there is no way he can escape participating in the war after his failed attempt to assassinate his father and his own Nen Beast preventing him from committing suicide, he decides the best way to change the kingdom is to win the war and become king. Benjamin immediately makes Halkenburg a top priority target when he realizes Halkenburg is playing to win.
- Blessed with Suck: Halkenburg has the best manpower and support of the younger princes, as Oito surmises that they will have to rely on him to try to change the rules of total annihilation that the succession war entails. The problem is that the older princes are notoriously keen to the idea of killing each other and becoming the sole crown princes... and they're considerably more powerful than he is.
- Driven to Suicide: When his attempt to assassinate his father to end the war fails due to his father's Nen Beast, Halkenburg tries to shoot himself in the head to escape the war. His own Nen Beast grabs the bullet before it can hit him.
- Grand Theft Me: His Nen ability gives him the power to do this on behalf of his subordinates. He essentially takes their spirit and fires it as an unblockable Nen arrow into an opponent. The subordinate's spirit then takes over the foe's body.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Halkenburg once noted that Tserriednich is the only prince of Kakin he accepts. The guy who loves to torture and kill women.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: To defy the succession war, Halkenburg tries to shoot his father, which fails because of his father's Nen Beast. When he tries to shoot himself, it also fails because his own Nen Beast catches the bullet.
- Magnetic Hero: Halkenburg is described as a Determinator who usually keeps his resolve to himself, but instantly draws people to his cause in group discussions. And those who don't follow him willingly can be made to follow him, by taking their wills away and putting the spirits of his subordinates in.
- Martial Pacifist: Realizing that he has no other choice but to fight, Halkenburg "awakens" and is now determined to win the succession war. Benjamin immediately views Halkenburg as the top priority target then.
- Oh, Crap!: When he realizes that he cannot quit the war as he intended to.
- Only Sane Man: Halkenburg is the one person who is thoroughly disgusted with the idea of taking part in a bloody succession war and would rather retire to his ready room and plan ahead for the future, while the other Princes either are lost in their own worlds, horrendously naïve, innocent lambs, or downright evil.
- Opt Out: Halkenburg hated the idea of partaking in the succession war and asked his father to let him concede.
- The Paragon: According to Oito, Halkenburg is the prince the younger princes will have to rely on if they are to survive. Even when he is difficult to deal with, he is the only prince that has shown initiative outside the established order of Kakin.
- The Straight and Arrow Path: Subverted. Halkenburg is proficient in archery, but actually does use a gun. His Nen ability however allows him to shoot unblockable Nen arrows.
- Super Toughness: Every Nen user can protect themselves with their aura, but Halkenburg is especially tougher because he governs the aura of his subordinates too.
- To Be Lawful or Good: Halkenburg wants to end the monarchy of Kakin, but to do so, he must become king. The only way to become king, however, is to win the succession war, which means Halkenburg has to kill his siblings. Kurapika and Halkenburg's subordinate, Yuhirai, see how self-contradictory the prince is and fear what might happen if Halkenburg's morals clash with his Nen Beast's will. Which is exactly what later on happens. Halkenburg tries to prematurely escape the war by first trying to kill his father and then himself, with both attempts failing. Seeing that there is no other alternative, he resolves to fight, which instantly turns him into Benjamin's priority target.
Kacho Hui Guo Rou
Kacho Hui Guo Rou is the tenth prince (princess) of Kakin and the daughter of her father's sixth wife, Seiko. She is the older fraternal twin sister of Fugetsu.
A Jerkass teen with a serious mood problem. She used to be friends with her younger sister Fugetsu, but the circumstances of the war have driven them apart. Both her and Fugetsu are guarded by Melody of the Hunter Association under Kurapika's leadership.
- Affectionate Nickname: Her sister, Fugetsu, calls her Ka-chin/Katty.
- All for Nothing: Her entire plan to escape with her sister was futile from the very beginning.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Kacho's first scene with Fugetsu is her berating her sister for acting overly familiar, when they are supposed to be at war against each other. However, Melody figures out that Kacho acting like a Royal Brat and Jerkass towards her servants is just an act. Their Nen Beasts' abilities are linked to both sisters. Kacho intended to flee with Fugetsu from the start, but when that plan fails, she makes sure that Fugetsu is safe first. Kacho's Nen Beast then takes her form after Kacho died, protecting Fugetsu in her stead.
- The Beautiful Elite: Kacho is one of the prettiest Princes of Kakin.
- Beneath the Mask: Kacho is snobby and acts like a jerk towards anyone, even her own twin sister, but Melody early on notices that she is trying to fool herself with this act. She is not cruel, and her only wish is to escape with her sister.
- Big Sister Bully: She is markedly cruel towards Fugetsu when she's not in the spotlight.
- Big Sister Instinct: Kacho gets Fugetsu to safety first, when both try to escape the ship and are about to get killed. Her Nen Beast is also intended to keep Fugetsu physically and emotionally safe after Kacho died.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: At first glance she seems to be this, but the truth might be even stranger as seen below.
- Chekhov M.I.A.: For some very unsettling reason, her Nen Beast refuses to appear. Melody has a field day imagining why and if it could prove antagonistic by itself should it actually manifest from some unknown trigger. Kacho's Nen Beast never makes an appearance until chapter 383, because it remained formless until Kacho's death. Her Nen Beast is linked to both twins. If one of them dies, the Nen Beast will take the form of the deceased twin, to stay by the living one's side until death.
- Cruel Twist Ending: The story builds up to the first banquet, when Kacho and Melody plan to distract the guards so Kacho can flee with her sister and escape the succession war. It initially works, but when the two sisters try to flee on their boat after leaving the ship, they are suddenly attacked by something and Kacho urges Fugetsu to open a Portal Door, closing it once Fugetsu gets through the door. Fearing the worst, Fugetsu cries for her sister, but an unscathed Kacho momentarily opens the door and the two make it back to their room. The narrator then explains the abilities of the twins' Nen Beasts, with Kacho's Nen Beast only triggering its ability when one twin dies, revealing that the Kacho who is with Fugetsu is actually her Nen Beast and Kacho, with Dies Wide Open, lies dead on their life boat.
- Death-Activated Superpower: One of the twins has to die before Kacho's Nen Beast will take the form of the deceased to protect the other sister.
- Evil Twin: She is Fugetsu's fraternal twin who treats her sister as if she were trash. Subverted, because it's an act. She is actually a nice person and loves her sister very much.
- Guardian Entity: This is the case for all Nen Beasts and their princes, but Kacho's Nen Beast deserves special mention because it is designed to take the form of the twin that dies first to protect the other. Kacho dies in chapter 383, so her Nen Beast takes Kacho's form to protect Fugetsu.
- Hidden Depths:
- In chapter 366, it's shown that Kacho used to be very close to Fugetsu, and Melody speculates that she might be trying to force herself to go through the succession war in spite of herself. She later gets into coattails with her guard Melody in order to flee from the ship with Fugetsu.
- Kacho's bratty behavior makes it all the more surprising that she manages to communicate in secret with Melody (with morse codes) and hatches a plan to escape the ship. Unfortunately, she didn't account for the possibility that a prince trying to flee the battle would spell certain death.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Kacho is behaving vile and atrociously to scare away people, because there's a part of her that is very opposed to participating in the succession war. It seems she doesn't want anyone to view her weaknesses, lest they pounce. Melody also figures out that acting like a jerk towards her servants will make said servants want to support her sister more. This is exactly what Kacho apparently wants.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Kacho is extremely important to Fugetsu. Fugetsu breaks down in tears when she thinks her sister died, and as Fugetsu herself notes, "I'm fine as long as I have you." Thus, Kacho's Nen Beast's ability "Without You" note ensures that it stays that way, as it takes Kacho's place to protect Fugetsu after Kacho died.
- Motifs: Her bodyguards and her servants are all unconventionnal character designs at best, Gonk at worst.
- Royal Brat: Almost any word that comes out of her is an insult or complaint directed at her mother, siblings or servants. This is partially an act though, she wants her servants to support her sister, Fugetsu.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Her priority seems to be to flee the boat together with Fuu, and she's asking Melody to facilitate the means.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Played with. She is the opposite of her twin, Fugetsu, though it's implied that a great part of it is Kacho faking it.
- Tender Tears: Just as Fugetsu does while thinking of her, Kacho tears up when thinking of Fugetsu.
- Theme Naming: "Kachou Fugetsu" is a classic Japanese calligraphic saying.
- Twinmaker: Literally. Kacho's Nen Beast is initially formless and only takes the form of the twin sister that dies first.
- We Used to Be Friends: Kacho and Fugetsu used to be inseparable. Then the succession war happened and their close bond went asunder. Or not. Kacho still deeply cares for her sister and would do her utmost to ensure her sister is safe.
Fugetsu Hui Guo Rou
Fugetsu Hui Guo Rou is the eleventh prince (princess) of Kakin and the daughter of her father's sixth wife, Seiko. She is the younger fraternal twin sister of Kacho.
A kindhearted and gentle young woman, who has no idea what the war is about and wants nothing to do with it. She, like Kacho is guarded by Melody.
- Affectionate Nickname: Kacho calls Fugetsu Fu-chin/Fuu-Fuu.
- The Beautiful Elite: Just as beautiful as her twin, though an entirely different kind of beautiful.
- Butt-Monkey: Kacho treats her like an idiot.
- The Drag-Along: It's implied that she has this kind of relationship with her sister Kacho, Fugetsu being The Load.
- Hartman Hips: For lack of a better term, she has "childbearing hips".
- Nice Girl: Not much is said about her other than being an awful lot nicer than her twin Kacho. By her conversation with Kacho, it seems that she is one of the few Princes that has not prepared her guard for the succession war.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Fugetsu transporting herself to the lower levels of the ship not only ends up revealing that she has a non combative teleportation Nen Beast, thus making her a prime target for assassins, but also gets her placed under 72 hours of intense scrutiny which inadvertently complicates Melody's plan to sneak her and Kacho off the ship.
- Oh, Crap!: Her reaction to Kacho's not-so-kind words towards her. She actually has to regain her composure for the cameras.
- Portal Door: Her Nen Beast is a gigantic ceiling worm that allows her to travel anywhere she wants through it.
- Sacrificial Lamb: Fugetsu is the only younger prince that didn't recruit bodyguards online, and it's assumed that she's sharing them with Kacho alongside the bodyguards that the elder queens assigned to the younger princes. She's among the least prepared of the princes and a serious candidate to go down early.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: The opposite of Kacho, both in terms of looks and personality. Kacho has fair hair, Fugetsu has dark hair. Fugetsu is timid, quiet, polite and dresses rather masculinely, while Kacho is very loud, bratty, rude and dresses very femininely. They pretend to get along, but their first "private" moment reveals that Kacho is even mean to her twin. Though this is just Kacho's facade. She acts the Royal Brat to make herself a target and ensure her sister gets the support of both their servants. The two actually truly get along well and are best friends.
- Sibling Team: Right at the start of their journey to the New Continent, Kacho makes Fugetsu team up with her to kill the other princes and win the war. Fugetsu's Nen Beast's ability is also a mutual cooperation type. Fugetsu can open the door and decide the departure, but only Kacho can decide the portal's destination. If one twin were to die, the ability would become useless. Except for the fact that Kacho's Nen Beast ensures that this doesn't happen because it will replace the deceased twin. Both of their Nen Beasts are mutual cooperation types.
- Tender Tears: While reminiscing the halcyon days she spent with Kacho.
- Theme Naming: "Kachou Fugetsu" is a classic Japanese calligraphic saying.
- We Used to Be Friends: Fugetsu is shown crying and embracing a photo featuring her and Kacho, suggesting that they used to be closer before the succession war became an issue.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: She dresses in a rather masculine manner during the departure to the Dark Continent. It does not diminish her femininity.
Momoze Hui Guo Rou
Momoze Hui Guo Rou is the twelfth prince (princess) of Kakin and the daughter of her father's seventh wife, Sevanti. She is the full sister of Marayam.
Momoze is a classic example of the beautiful princess—kind, elegant, and good with words. She hates the war, and removes herself from it at the beginning. Momoze is guarded by Hanzo of the Hunter Association under Kurapika's leadership.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: She gets killed by an unknown assailant, who seizes the opportunity that her Nen beast drained her unconscious to suffocate her in her sleep; this is, after she dismisses her concerned guards and arguing that she can take care of herself.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Her Nen beast pesters its target by asking "Are ya free?" over and over until the target says they're free, in which case the beast mind controls them and makes them kill everyone nearby.
- The Cutie: She's a gorgeous young girl.
- Ermine Cape Effect: She dresses and carries herself like a classic princess.
- Kill the Cutie: In glorious spades. Among the Princes, Momoze was one of the nice and endearing ones. She's also the first one to go in the succession war, proving how brutal it will be for all involved and that nobody among the offspring is safe, not even the kind children.
- Nice to the Waiter: She's an exemplary princess towards her servants and retinue.
- Ojou Ringlets: A feature of her hairstyle.
- The Only One: By her inner monologue, she thinks that her mother and brother are not taking the succession war seriously and cannot count on them in the first place. It's also apparent that she's the youngest Prince who will voluntarily fight the succession war, as the two younger princes after her are too young to realize what's happening.
- Princess Classic: As there is no major development regarding her, her appearance alone suggests this.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She intends to at least go down fighting in the succession war and she laments that neither her mom nor her brother are ready for it, nor they should take part on the fighting.
- Rule of Glamorous: Alongside Camilla, she's the only other female Prince of Kakin that sports this appearance.
- Sacrificial Lamb: Of course one of the nicest and most innocent children is struck down first...
- Slain in Their Sleep: Her Nen Beast attacked Kurapika's comrades, leaving her exhausted and tired after a lot of her aura was consumed. She is killed by one of her bodyguards, who uses their opportunity to kill her while she lays asleep and her Nen Beast cannot protect her.
- Tempting Fate: As stated in Be Careful What You Wish For, she dismisses her personal guard and laments that her brother and mother are unprepared for the war; just hours later she's suffocated in her sleep by an unknown assailant.
- Too Dumb to Live: A ruthless succession war where practically every bodyguard is trying to murder somebody the second they let their guard down? Nah, let's just go to bed with relaxed protection, shall we? Aaaaand she ate pillow in her sleep.
- Wise Beyond Her Years: She is calm and collected regarding the succession war, as she is savvy enough to understand the gravity of the situation. Unfortunately, this still doesn't save her from being killed by her own bodyguards.
Marayam Hui Guo Rou
Marayam Hui Guo Rou is the thirteenth prince of Kakin and the youngest son of his father's seventh wife, Sevanti. He is the full brother of Momoze and the youngest male prince.
An extremely young boy. His mother therefore stays by his side. Marayam is guarded by Biscuit Kruger of the Hunter Association under Kurapika's leadership.
- Babies Make Everything Better: He's barely past toddler age.
- Bit Character: He has no development and mainly serves to illustrate how out of depth the younger princes are regarding the succession war. His nen beast, mother and bodyguards are more prominent in the story than him.
- Dragons Are Demonic: Marayam's Nen Beast is a Chinese dragon, and steadily growing bigger. It actually looks tame and normal compared to the other bizarre Nen Beasts.
- Mama's Boy: His mom dotes him and he rarely spends any time away from her.
- Sacrificial Lamb: Averted. He initially looks like he'll be one of the first princes to die due to his youth and lack of interest in the succession war, but he lasts longer than several of his siblings thanks to his mother's over-protectiveness and an extremely ferocious Nen Beast.
- Space Master: His Nen Beast is capable of warping space around Marayam, making it very difficult for outsiders to get close to him. It's also constantly growing, and vicious towards strangers.
- Skewed Priorities: He is more interested in his pet hamster than his regal duties.
Woble Hui Guo Rou
Woble Hui Guo Rou is the fourteenth prince of Kakin and the daughter of her father's eighth wife, Oito. She is the youngest Prince of Kakin overall, a baby still. Woble and her mother are guarded by Kurapika Kurta of the Nostrade Syndicate under collaboration with the Hunter Association.
- Babies Make Everything Better: Subverted. Being a baby, she is the most vulnerable of the Princes and a ripe target for assassination; added to the problem, she is just as dangerous as the rest of the Princes when her Nen Beast manifests itself.
- Doomed Protagonist: As a baby, she has basically no means of defense whatsoever, yet she's supposed to defend herself just like the rest of the Princes.
- Evil-Detecting Baby: Can sense ill intent in people around her and will cry, such as the example with Vincent below. Inversely, Woble can also detect genuine desire to protect her and Oito and will reach her arms out to them, like with Kurapika.
- Woble's Nen beast was also able to detect and kill the bodyguards who were planted by the other queens.
- Gut Feeling: The moment the Royal Guard Vincent shows up at the door, Woble starts to cry, leaving her mother puzzled. It then turns out that Vincent was not a guard or a spy but an assassin. She stops crying when Kurapika, with his scarlet eyes revealed, promises to protect Woble and Oito and asks for their trust.
- Sleepyhead: She is almost always asleep in Oito's arms. This has two aspects attached to it: first, she is a baby at arms; second, her Nen Beast drains energy from her to exist. When she wakes up and reaches out to Kurapika, it implies Woble trusts him to keep her and her mother safe from harm.
- The Unseen: Her Nen Beast. Among all the ones among the Princes, hers is the only one yet to make an appearance, and the most mysterious.