Engrish (coming from the Japanese pronunciation of "English") can refer to any broken, mangled English speech from non-native speakers, including:
- Asian Speekee Engrish: When the English language is butchered by speakers of East Asian languages.
- Japanese Ranguage: The tendency of the Japanese to mispronounce "L" as "R" and vice versa.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: A mistranslation that comes from translating a word into the wrong meaning.
- Translation Train Wreck: A mistranslation so bad that the original meaning is no longer recognizable.
- Gratuitous English: Oddly implemented English inserted into a work that isn't originally in English.
- Intentional Engrish for Funny: Deliberate usage of incorrect English for humor.
- My Hovercraft Is Full of Eels: An attempt at speaking another language results in mistranslated sentences that mean something else entirely.
- You No Take Candle: Misuse of English grammar.