Got an awful tear!
Took a little nibble from my derriere!
I will get you in ze end, dog!
You'll regret you bit me, chum!
Ooooh, I am so irritated I got bitten in ze bum!"
Animals are one of nature's beauties of the earth. Some are cute and cuddly while others can be rather shy. However, there's this kind of animal, the biting kind that can literally bite you on the butt if you're not careful.
This breed of animal is what's known as a Butt Biter; they can be dogs, cats, pigs, ferrets, any other animal you can think of. The next time you come across this type of animal, beware.
Often results in the butt-biter making off with a piece of trouser fabric, leaving a hole behind through which Goofy Print Underwear may be visible. A much less violent variant is someone getting their pants pulled down by a biting animal, often while attempting to escape.
Usually happens to men, but women are not immune to this.
Compare: Animals Hate Him, Rump Roast, Shot in the Ass and Thumbtack on the Chair. Is likely to cause a Pain-Powered Leap. Has nothing to do with Beavis And Butthead, even though one of Butthead's favorite insults was "buttmunch."
- The famous Coppertone sunblock dog.
- A Lucozade NRG UK advert from 1995 has a hyped up Desmond the Dog do this to the straight-laced female presenter! Her large buttocks are implied to look very tasty indeed.
- Not really getting bitten, but JP from Digimon Frontier gets pinched in the butt by a crab.
- ˝ Prince has this happen to the main character in the first chapter. First with a flesh-eating slime, then with a wolf. It quickly becomes his Berserk Button.
- Happens to King Dedede near the end of that episode of Kirby of the Stars with the Dedede dolls as a result of one of said dolls being bitten by a mole shortly after being buried in the ground as an attempt to prevent it from menacing anyone. Dedede then proceeds to thrash around, causing the doll to attack the innocent one last time before Kirby swallows the doll, causing Dedede to for some reason fly off into outer space and fly past a planet shaped like him.
- In the manga Fullmetal Alchemist Den (the Rockbell family dog) bites Heinkel's butt when he believes them to be intruders upon seeing them threatening Winry (believing her to also be an intruder). In the anime, it is Darius's butt he bites. The whole thing is just a comical misunderstanding.
- A dog does this to Shinobu in Love Hina. What makes it worse is that this is after she had already failed some tests at school. The same dog also bites Keitaro earlier on in the manga.
- In an episode of City Hunter, a guard dog bites Kaori, ripping the seat of her pants.
- In an episode of Doraemon, when Nobita accidentally kicks a can onto a dog, the dog chases him and bites off the seat of his shorts.
- Believe it or not, Chris actually fell victim to this trope once, at the end of the Moses episode of Superbook. Chris tried pinning the blame for breaking his father's vase on his dog Ruffles. Ruffles, not taking too kindly to being his scapegoat, began chasing after Chris, until halfway down the stairs, when she clearly looks like she just bitten him on the rump.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Jim Cook's companion crocodile Karen bit Kenzan and Shou on two different occasions.
- Early in Eyeshield 21, Monta falls victim to this from Cerberus. After that, he has a discussion with Sena about joining the football team, and decides that he's not ready to give up on his dream of becoming a baseball player just yet. As he gets up to leave, Sena calls out for him to stop... not because he's still trying to convince Monta, but because Monta has a huge hole in the seat of his pants (underpants too, even).
- In the Korean animated series Dooly the Little Dinosaur, a dinosaur take a bite out of a wicked witch's backside, exposing her underpants to the villagers she was threatening, before being chased by the monster.
- In Japanese children's series Bottom Biting Bug/Oshiri Kajiri Mushi this is the entire premise of the show, as well as a rare example of the butt-bite being an entirely positive experience. As the DVD text describes, "when bitten by a Bottom Biting Bug, people with hunched backs will have their posture corrected, depressed people will start to laugh, and people who had no confidence will suddenly become self-assured - those bitten are cheered up until they seem like entirely different people".
- In one episode of Pokémon, the group enters a cavern where they are attacked by a group of Noibats. Amongst the things they do is one of them biting Clemont's butt.
- De cape et de crocs: Justified in that the main characters are a wolf and a fox, and are tied up. This even leads to a sadly-untranslatable Double Entendre: the others are using various puns based on what body part is being attacked (forehead, eye, throat, the guy getting bitten stops short of saying he's being sodomized).
- In the Nintendo Power comic of Super Mario Adventures, both Mario and Luigi, while trapped inside of a haunted house, had to deal with BUM-BITING BOO-BUDDIES!!!
- The Bzz Fly in The Smurfs comic "The Black Smurfs", who causes Smurfs to turn black by biting them in the tail. Also the purple fly in the Animated Adaptation counterpart "The Purple Smurfs", although there the actual butt-biting is never shown.
- This is the favorite move of Dogmatix, Obélix's pet dog, from the Astérix comics. Since he's very small, he also has no trouble clinging to the butt he's biting, which usually results in the subject (most often a Roman) running around while yelling.
- Tintin. On several occasions Snowy saves the ass of his master by biting someone else's.
- Catwoman: In her When in Rome miniseries, she got chased by some dogs and ended up bitten in the ass by one of them, getting the seat of her catsuit ripped off. Unfortunately for her, she wasn't wearing any underwear, giving readers a view of her buttocks.
- Calvin and Hobbes: Pictured above, Calvin got bitten by a fish while he was out fishing.
- Happens to Rat in a Pearls Before Swine strip.
- During one series of Popeye sundays, Wimpy got an Angry Guard Dog attached to the seat of his pants after trying to steal it's owner's ducks. Not even sending it to the dry cleaners would remove the dog. Wimpy walked through an alley full of strays in hopes the biter would let go and play with the other dogs, only for those other dogs to start biting too!
- In Dennis the Menace, Gnasher does this to the postman. One story revealed he had a collection of ripped seats from blue uniform trousers.
- Garfield: The October 10, 1983 strip has Jon put a rubber hot dog in Garfield's food dish and get bitten on the butt in retaliation.
- This Bites!:
- Soundbite's Establishing Character Moment; Chapter 1 ends with him chewing on Cross's ass.
- After joining the crew, Lassoo chomps Usopp on the rear in retaliation for some of his actions against Lassoo during Usopp and Chopper's battle with Lassoo and his former owners.
- Merry in her child form; she bites Garp hard enough to leave marks and rip off his shorts.
- Disney Animated Canon: Happens in multiple films.
Napoleon: Now you go for the tires, and I go right for the seat of the problem.
- Aladdin: Implied to have happened. We see Prince Achmed with a bite off his pants, and then we see Rajah the tiger with fabric on his mouth.
- The Aristocats: Edgar is attacked by angry guard dogs Napoleon and Lafayette, who bite off the seat of his pants. They even discuss it beforehand:
Lafayette: How come you always grab the tender part for yourself?
Napoleon: Cause I outrank ya, that's why!
- Brother Bear: Early on, a dog tied to a post bites Denahi on the butt while he flirts with some women.
- The Jungle Book: During the climactic battle, Shere Kahn bites Baloo in the butt. Unlike most examples, this is absolutely not played for laughs.
- The Little Mermaid: Max the sheepdog actually takes a bite out of Vanessa's behind right before she reverts back into Ursula.
- 101 Dalmatians: During the scene when Pongo and Perdita break into the house to rescue their puppies, they get into a fight with Horace and Jasper. During said fight, Pongo does this to Jasper.
- Mulan: During the bathing scene, Mulan is trying to keep her cleavage hidden from the boys and Ling's getting uncomfortably close when he yelps, saying something bit him. Mushu pops out of the water a moment later, prompting all three boys to flee out of the water, thinking he's a snake. As Mulan is leaving, Mushu expresses how disgusted he is, how she owes him, and that he's not biting anymore butts.
- Madagascar: Alex does this to Marty in the first movie when his wild instinct start to appear.
Marty: You're biting my butt!
Alex: [looks down] No I'm not.
- Disney's The Prince and the Pauper: Pluto gives Pete a bite on the rear end.
- The Road to El Dorado: Tulio is bitten in the rear by a jumping piranha in the "traveling the jungle" montage. He also claimed to suffer the same treatment from Altivo the horse.
Tulio: Yow! Your horse bit me in the butt!
- The Mask. While wearing the title item, Milo the dog bites one of Dorian Tyrell's mooks on the bottom.
- Another Jim Carrey movie providing an example is How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, where Max does this to persuade The Grinch to save Cindy Lou in the post office.
- In Inspector Gadget, Brain the intelligent dog bites the evil Dr. Claw, ripping off at the same time his blue boxers (no nudity, it's a Disney movie).
- Disney, once again, with one of the dogs from Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco tearing off a dognapper's underpants.
- It happens to Skinner and Le Pelt in both movies based on 101 Dalmatians.
- In the Disney independent film The Duke, a dog takes her revenge towards her owner by biting her bottom.
- The sorceress played by Kathleen Turner in A Simple Wish gets bitten on the bum by her own assistant, changed into a dog earlier in the movie.
- The Three Stooges: Even Curly wasn't immune to the bite to the seat of his pants from a US Marine Corps bulldog in the movie Higher Than a Kite... especially when a picture of Hitler was stuck on Curly's butt!
- In many of the Our Gang-Little Rascals film series, the kids' pet dog would not hesitate to even the score with any bad person with a well-placed bite to that person's tush!
- A zombie attacks a cheerleader by biting her on the ass in Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave.
- In the Surreal Horror film Hausu, Mac's decapitated head bites Fanta in the rear.
- In City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold the main characters are told a story of some guy who got bitten by a rattlesnake while taking a crap. Later Phil thinks he's been bitten, and after much deliberation Mitch prepares to suck the venom out only to see that Phil just sat on a cactus.
- In Extinction (War of the Spider Queen series), a warrior told how an upstart mage of his House once tried to "teach him his place" by polymorphing into a riding lizard and saddling. This didn't quite work as planned, in that the transgressor was unable to sit for some time, blaming it on a "riding accident".
- In The Dresden Files book Changes, Mouse the Celestial Foo Dog of the titular wizard threatens the Leanansidhe, Harry Dresden's Faerie Godmother with this if she does not behave. Lea actually seems a slightly taken aback.
- In the Discworld novel Jingo, Angua, a werewolf, mentions having bitten someone on the bum.
- When discussing becoming a bird or a fish in Dr. Franklin's Island, Semi says that she would like to be a great white shark and bite Doctor Skinner's bum. Bite it right off.
- Defied in The Silver Sword. Jan wants to set Ludwig the dog on an official who is determined to see that all refugees in the area are sent home, saying he wants to see the dog bite a hole in the man's trousers. However, Ruth restrains Ludwig until the man has gone.
- Xena: Warrior Princess is bitten on the arse by Ares's dog in the episode "Old Ares Has a Farm".
- In the David Lynch/Mark Frost soap-opera On the Air, a dog bites the large backside of the angry assistant of an actress.
- The unlucky Raven from That's So Raven gets her booty bitten twice during a costume party.
- Power Rangers Samurai: During the Megazord battle with Eyescar, he has a grip on the Claw Battlezord, using it as a Human Shield (so to speak) against the Samurai Megazord. Cue the summoning of the Sharkzord, which runs around behind him and chomps him on the backside so he'll let go.
- Heartland Wrestling Association's El Piranha, who became WCW's Shark Boy, and his many, successors. It is unwise to place your butt in their faces.
- Vince McMahon once ordered Hornswoggle to kiss his ass. Hornswoggle bit his ass instead. Out of spite, Vince claimed it still counted as kissing his ass, as his lips still made contact with his butt.
- In Conker's Bad Fur Day, Conker mounts a Raptor and uses it to actually bite chunks out of a giant caveman's butt. It Makes Sense in Context.
- In Mickey Mania, Pluto gives Pete a bite on the rear at the beginning of the final boss fight, just like in the cartoon it's based on (see below).
- In Fossil Fighters Frontier, your sidekick, Nibblesaurus, has a habit of biting your friend Nate in the butt. At first, it happens because Nate taunts him, but it then becomes the defining characteristic of their relationship, such that Nate actively encourages Nibblesaurus to bite him.
- In Slightly Damned young Iratu was shown latching onto Seymour Sinclair's posterior in a flashback arc.
- In one Girl Genius installment, Agatha comments on the propensity of large spiders to run up your leg and bite you on the butt. Though the one actually seen in the comic goes straight to webbing up its chosen victim and perching on her head with knife and fork at the ready.
- Sunstone's Alan playfully does this to Anne when they finally get together. It's more of a kinky love bite than anything else though.
- Blitz of Road Rovers often does this to the bad guys. Hearing him brag about gets a LOT of wry looks from the others.
- Many times in Looney Tunes, MGM Cartoons, etc. Often the dog will hang on for a very long time, like hours.
- Hanna-Barbera has two dogs known to follow the trope: Muttley and Precious Pup. Dino from The Flintstones also had been known to give a nip or two to Fred's behind from time to time
- In the Tex Avery cartoon "Three Little Pups", the wolf is bitten in the butt by a bulldog. He goes to a changing screen and hangs up his pants... with the dog still attached. A few scenes later he walks by the screen again, and the dog is still there! Wolf tells him...
Wolf: Okay, break it up son. Jokes over ya'hear?
- One Rita and Runt short from Animaniacs is a parody of Les Misérables, and has a character who'd been bitten break into song about it (lyrics shown).
- It happens in some Woody Woodpecker cartoons, generally to a dumb dogcatcher or the mean-spirited Miss Meany.
- In the Rugrats episode "The Smell of Success", the bully that has been bothering Chuckie and Tommy the entire episode gets knocked backwards into an anthill by Chuckie's sneeze. The ants crawl down the back of the bully's shorts and bite his rear end, prompting him to run off.
- Referenced on The Simpsons
Homer: Lisa, remember that postcard Grampa sent us from Florida of that alligator biting that woman's bottom?
Bart: Oh, yeah, that was brilliant!
Homer: That's right, we all thought it was hilarious. But it turns out we were wrong: that alligator was sexually harassing that woman.
Bart: And the dog in the Coppertone ad? Same deal, Dad?
Homer: Well, that's kind of a grey area.
- Besides the aforementioned purple fly, there's also the Japanese slumber bug in The Smurfs Season 9 episode "Papa's Big Snooze".
- Tuff Puppy: Dudley Puppy not only is an animal, he bites his butt himself!
- This happens to Mr. Bogus in the third act of the episode "Bookstore Bogus", after a giant bug bites him in the backside, and tears off a piece of his painting jacket.
- Ed, Edd n Eddy:
- In an episode, Kevin is hypnotized into a monkey and bites Ed on the rear end.
- In another episode, when the aforementioned episode is recalled, Ed brings up the time Kevin bit him on the rear and Eddy demonstrates by biting Ed on the rear as well.
- In Wakfu season 2, during "Le Rush" in Rushu's world, Sadlygrove is bitten in the butt by one of the 666 minor demons the heroes are fighting.
- Phineas and Ferb: In "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!", Suzie Johnson sics her poodle on Candace, and he does this.
- In one episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, Gary bites Squidward's rear end, and Mr. Krabs' in the end.
- Wild Kratts: Happens to Zack in the Gila monster episode.
- In the 3-2-1 Penguins! episode "The Green-Eyed Monster", the titular monster delivers a bite to Midgel's rear end.
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers has Plato, a police dog known for his "crime bite", which involves him biting a criminal in the backside. However, he only appears in the story arc which explores the origins of the Rescue Rangers.
- In My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Superintendent Wolverine constantly threatens this to the other characters, to the point his Catch-Phrase is "Do I need to bite you on the buttocks?"