All spoilers regarding the Skywalker Saga and The Clone Wars are unmarked. Examples relating to Disney's EU can be spoiler-tagged if deemed necessary.
Tropes specifically applying to the characters based on their appearances in Star Wars Legends can be found here.
A formerly unimportant sector of the Outer Rim, the Lothal Sector became a hotbed of Imperial activity following the Clone Wars. It was ruled by Imperial Governor Arihnda Pryce, who faced stiff opposition from a rebel cell active within the sector called Phoenix Squadron.
Lothal Sector worlds with their own pages:
A remote planet with hot, dry weather and rocky terrain with giant coral structures and caverns dotted throughout the landscape. It was home to the ancient Bendu creature and was once listed on ancient maps from Lothal. On the eve of the Galactic Civil War, it was chosen by rebel cell Phoenix Squadron to be the location of their base, called Chopper Base, until Imperial discovery caused them to evacuate due to the destruction of the base and the surface world during the Battle of Atollon.
- Artistic License Biology: Real life coral can't live outside of saltwater.
- Conveniently Close Planet: The last episode we see it in on Rebels reveals that Atollon is relatively near Lothal, and has been recorded as such in ancient Lothalian star charts. Incidentally (or not, considering Lothal's Mysterious Past), the Bendu lives on Atollon, and AP-5's search through the database just so happened to find Atollon as the best pick for a secret rebel base.
- Meaningful Name: An atoll is a ring-shaped island made up of coral, encircling a lagoon. Atollon has giant coral structures.
- Mysterious Past: The ancient people of the Lothal Sector had it listed on their star charts. Also, we don't know why the Bendu chose to live there or how he got to Atollon in the first place, never mind the entirety of his own past.
A temperate world located near Lothal. Garel was the site of a battle between Phoenix Squadron and the Empire. During the fall of the Empire, a rebellion on the world led to its liberation.
- Noodle Incident: According to the Rogue One Visual Guide, there was a high profile attack on Garel by the Rebel Alliance. Since Lothal is also listed in the same sentence as being subject to one—presumably the Battle of Lothal in Rebels Season 4, it can be assumed that the Battle of Garel has something to do with that. According to Admiral Statura's backstory and Word of God on what the future of Zare & Merei may be, there was a resistance on Garel. Statura's description is vague on whether or not it worked.
A weapons manufacturer on Garel, Wabo attempted to strike a deal with the Empire to sell illegal T-7 ion disruptors to them.
- Arms Dealer: He runs a weapons manufacturing business, and sells his weapons to the Empire. His products include highly lethal and illegal weapons like the T-7's.
- Humanoid Alien: Has the basic human shape, but distinctly alien features.
- The Unintelligible: While he understands Basic, he only speaks Aqualish, thus making a translator droid necessary when he meets with Minister Maketh Tua.
Propaganda Bureau Chief Janyor of Bith
Born at least 14 decades before the beginning of the First Order-Resistance conflict, Janyor was a renowned Bith painter, poet, and sculptor from Garel. Originally a fervent propaganda artist for the Republic during the Clone Wars, he initially supported the Empire but eventually became disillusioned and was sent into exile, causing him to support and join the Rebellion, which would soon become the Rebel Alliance.
- Broken Pedestal: At first, he thought the Empire was a force of good, but he realized he was wrong and came to support and later join the rebels instead.
- Famed In-Story: He's a famous artist, and the people who wrote the in-universe book of Propaganda got him to write a foreword, talking about how he's seen art be done and treated throughout the last hundred years, so he must really mean something. Sabine and Lando are fans of his work (or at least the latter is familiar with it).
- Old Shame: He's not proud of the propaganda pieces he made for the Empire.
- Lieutenant Yogar Lyste on the Lothal Imperial Garrison page.
- Admiral U.O. Statura on the Resistance page.