For convenience, students (i.e., the majority of the cast) are listed with their graduation year.
Kent ThomasClass of 2010.
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: When Jessie enters the picture.
- Author Avatar
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Claire, until they get to know each other better and it stops.
- Berserk Button: Don't call him "Birdman."
- Big Brother Instinct: Develops one towards his half-brother Tyler.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Frequently, to little effect.
- Geek Physiques: Tall and skinny, and his lack of muscle compared to his father is frequently noted.
- He Cleans Up Nicely
- The Hero
- I Am Not My Father
- I Am Not Handsome
- I Can't Dance: In "The Dance," he explains that he's perfectly okay with slow dancing, but when it comes to carefree, "loose" dancing, he's way out his element.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Before he met Tom.
- Momma's Boy: Given what his father is like, you can't exactly blame Kent for being emotionally closer to his mother.
- The Movie Buff: Hence his skills in comparing peoples' appearance to famous (and not-so-famous) actors.
- Nature Lover: Birding is one of his primary hobbies.
- Non-Idle Rich: Doesn't actually have a job yet, but is genuinely uninterested in his father's wealth.
- Rule-Abiding Rebel: In-universe: following the rules is his rebellion, against his corrupt parents.
- Secretly Wealthy: He tries to hide this from Holly so she'll like him as a person, until Claire finds out (leading to bad results for her relationship with Jimmy) and Kent decides it's better to just not worry about it anymore.
- Sixth Ranger: A late addition (fall 2006, when he met Tom) to Rick's clique.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy
- White Sheep
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?
- You Need to Get Laid: Rod insists Kent is too uptight, and believes this is one solution.
Holly SnowHalf-Australian (from her father's side), half-American (from her estranged mother's). Class of 2010.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Dates Milo for a short time despite being generally immune to his charms, but this was due mainly to sour relations between herself, John and Kent at the time, and Milo was well aware of this fact.
- Berserk Button: Don't mention her mother. Just don't.
- Brainy Brunette
- Catchphrase: Not exactly, but she has the occasional soft-spoken "Ew."
- Daddy's Girl
- Girl Next Door
- Important Haircut: Trims her hair between seasons 2 and 3.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Meaningful Name: Quite possibly the most Christmas-y name ever, appropriate for a girl born two days after. Lampshaded, of course.
- Missing Mom: Who went back to her hometown of San Diego after the divorce. Until The Bus Came Back.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue oni to Claire's red.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: In "The Crush," this is how she is when she first notices Kent.
- Daughter Of A Whore: Though Pam wasn't a prostitute (just an unfaithful wife), this is just the same a Berserk Button for Holly, and the quickest way to insult her is to make a comparison between them.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Claire's tomboy.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: Kent compares her eyes to those of Alexis Bledel, his celebrity crush, and subsequently the rest of her body before the comparison starts getting old and becomes a point of annoyance among them."It's getting old. We can stop mentioning who I look like now."
- Why Did It Have To Be Bunnies?
Claire ZielinskiHolly's best friend, also from a broken home. Class of 2010.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Rusty, and then later with Kent and especially Milo.
- Daddy's Girl
- Disappeared Dad: Though he still sees her during the holidays and some summers.
- Everything Is Big in Texas: Originally born in Houston before her parents divorced and she moved to L.A. with her mother. Insulting the state is one of her Berserk Buttons.
- Love Martyr: Becomes one as her relationship with Jimmy slowly disintegrates.
- Pirate Girl: For Halloween in "The Sin", anyway.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red oni to Holly's blue.
- Secret Keeper: Briefly in "The Twist." When told she can only reveal Kent's secret to one other person, she tells Jimmy, not Rusty as Kent had been hoping, and the rest is history.
- Later on, becomes one for Milo when she steals his phone and discovers he is bisuxual after talking to some of the many one-night stands whose numbers he's retained. This time, it stays a secret.
- She's Got Legs: So says Jimmy in "The Cross," but this was mainly an attempt to get on her good side (she's a ZZ Top fan).
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Holly's girly girl.
- Tsundere: Type B.
Russell "Rusty" GuitierrezHolly and Claire's friend. Class of 2010.
- Beard of Sorrow: Grows one after being suspended from school for fighting with Jimmy at the winter formal, when he's already depressed from Claire kicking him out of the group for being too jealous of her relationship with him. He nicknames it Harry.
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dogged Nice Guy: The patient type.
- Fun T-Shirt: Frequently.
- Meta Guy
- Parental Obliviousness: Remarkably unaware that he's a drug dealer.
- Phrase Catcher: "Thank you, Rusty."
- Plucky Comic Relief
- Stoners Are Funny
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: In love with Claire since they first met in kindergarten.
Thomas "Tom" FraserKent's best friend before he met Holly. In a relationship with Oriel Richards, and in a band with her and Kristen, in which he alternates (with Oriel) between guitarist and keyboardist. The oldest of the original circle led by Rick, and the one who introduced Kent to them. Class of 2011.
- Beware the Nice Ones: If you mention his deceased mother in the wrong light, prepare for a unnerving change in Tom's behavior.
- The Big Guy: Of Rick's clique.
- The Confidant
- Gray Eyes
- Long-Distance Relationship: His girlfriend lives an hour away in Long Beach.
- Missing Mom: She was killed by a Stalker with a Crush from her high school days when Tom was three.
- One Head Taller: Than Oriel.
- The Quiet One
- The Stoic
- Stoic Spectacles
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Or girlfriend, as it were.
- Victorious Childhood Friend
Samara PearseClass of 2010.
- Alpha Bitch
- Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Has this attitude towards Claire, and to a lesser extent everyone else as well.
- Berserk Button: If you insinuate anything bad about her dead sister or any of the rest of her family, she will make you regret it. Also, Aerosmith.
- Break the Haughty
- Brooklyn Rage
- Brutal Honesty
- Deadpan Snarker
- Drowning My Sorrows: Cuts school to get drunk on the anniversary of her late sister Hannah's birthday. Jimmy is quick to take advantage of this.
- Hates Everyone Equally
- Hey, You!: With few exceptions, refers to everyone by a nickname, a la Dr. Cox. (Kent = Bruce Wayne/Batman, Holly = Ozzie, Claire = Tex, Rusty = Cheech, Tom = Lucky, etc.)
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Type B.
- Informed Judaism
- It's All About Me
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Jerkass Has a Point: Frequently.
- Knight In Sour Armor
- Large Ham
- The Nicknamer
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: In "The Cross," after Cameron breaks up with her, except that by "good" she means "perfect," and thus her search is doomed to fail.
- The Rival: To Claire, although only Samara sees it that way.
James "Jimmy" AllenClaire's boyfriend at the beginning of the series, and later Sloane's until the end. Class of 2010.
- Batman Gambit: Pretending to be The Matchmaker in order to manipulate his way into Samara and then Sloane's pants.
- Believing Their Own Lies: Eventually his mere suspicions turn into full-fledged delusions that Kent and Claire actually hooked up.
- Big Bad
- The Corrupter
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Believes Claire to be in love with Kent. Not that he doesn't have any evidence.
- Domestic Abuse
- FaceHeel Turn: Can be pinpointed to "The Twist," when his jealousy of Claire and Kent combined with her unwisely telling him Kent's secret makes him pull a Scarpia Ultimatum to end the couple's longstanding celibacy, lest he tell everyone what Kent doesn't want them to know.
- For the Evulz: Usually everything fits into his grand plans somehow, but occasionally he'll do this; for example, making Stacey go Off the Wagon in "The Charm."
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Guess why.
- From Nobody to Nightmare
- The Generic Guy: He starts out this way before...
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope
- Karma Houdini: For the longest time.
- Like a Son to Me: Eventually manages to win Rod's approval where Kent never could.
- The Loins Sleep Tonight: In a bit of karmic irony, his drug addiction begins causing this problem, and Sloane leaves Jimmy for the same reason she left Scott.
- Love Makes You Evil: If you could call his feelings for Claire "love."
- Manipulative Bastard
- The Matchmaker: Subverted, when he uses this guise to sleep with Samara and then Sloane after claiming to help the former get back together with Cameron and to improve the latter's relationship with Scott.
- Mr. Fanservice
- The Resenter: Hates Kent for supposedly stealing Claire's affections from him.
- Rival Turned Evil: See above. It's a one-sided rivalry, though.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: And often described as such, where it serves more as a synonym for "bland" than as much of a compliment.
- Would Hit a Girl
- Your Cheating Heart: At first, frequently suspected of this despite the lack of any proof. Eventually turns into reality, with Faith, Samara, and Sloane.
Michael "Mike" AndersonClass of 2012.
Milo BarnesA transfer student from Jacksonville, Florida who moves to the neighborhood in the fall of 2008. Was supposed to be class of 2009, except he fails to pass most of his classes and has to repeat his senior year and graduate with the class of 2010.
- Ambiguously Bi
- Beauty Is Bad
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Claire.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Seems to be part of his appeal to women.
- The Casanova
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: The reason for his moving to California to live with his aunt and cousin.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Nobody really enjoys hearing his countless sex stories, but they tolerate him anyway.
- The Gambling Addict
- Handsome Lech
- The Hedonist: It's this lifestyle - and the frequent absences from and poor performance in school it causes - that forces him to be held back a year.
- Likes Older Women: They aren't his only targets, but he particularly enjoys seducing women older than himself. For instance, on his first misadventure with Rusty, they skip school and head to Cal-State LA so Milo can have sex with college girls. It helps that he looks a few years older than he really is.
- Military Brat: His father worked for the Navy.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Mr. Vice Guy: Smoking, gambling, promiscuous sex...
- Nephewism: His mother had already been dead for years when his father died in an accident, requiring him to move in with his Aunt Susan.
- Phrase Catcher: "Damn it, Milo!" Usually when he sleeps with a girl that other people think he shouldn't (or couldn't) have.
- The Pornomancer
- Really Gets Around: And how!
- The Slacker
- Third-Option Love Interest: For Holly, when relations between herself, John and Kent turn sour. It doesn't last.
- Troubled, but Cute
- Walking Shirtless Scene
- Would Hit a Girl: He's rather horrified to discover this about himself when Holly refuses to have sex with him.
- Younger Than They Look: Another factor in his unnatural ability to seduce so many women.
Caroline "Carrie" BellTom's cousin, the daughter of a famous movie producer. Class of 2007.
- Brainy Brunette
- Celibate Hero
- Classy Cat-Burglar
- Good with Numbers: A math prodigy, hence her major at USC.
- Hero of Another Story
- Stage Magician: She makes things disappear both covertly and professionally!
- Virgin Power
Michael Trent BowmanRoger and Diane's son. Class of 2012.
Rosalyn BurnsKent's childhood friend, the daughter of another rich family. Class of 2008.
- The Ghost: After much talk, she finally makes her first appearance in "The Counselor," in which she enlists Kent to accompany her at a school dance.
Richard "Rick" CandlerThe de facto leader of his own circle of friends. Class of 2012.
- The Corruptible
- The Friend Nobody Likes
- Handsome Lech
- Heroes Want Redheads: One of his defining characteristics.
- Hero of Another Story: Benefits, which starts several years later, in which he and Kristen get married.
- I Call Him "Mr. Happy": Little Richard.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Lady Killer In Love: When he meets Veronica, largely due to her being the only one to tolerate him at the time.
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- Kavorka Man: Straddles the fine line between this (due to his repellent personality) and The Casanova.
- Messy Hair: "An adventurous man needs adventurous hair," as he says to justify it.
- Pet the Dog
- Really Gets Around: Eventually.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist
- What the Hell, Hero?: When Mike violates The Bro Code by dating Iris sometime after her breakup with Rick, Rick decides to respond in kind by seducing Mike's ex-girlfriend Cassie and sending him the video of the act. Needless to say, Rick is severely punished for this and ousted by all his friends. However, not long after he's beat the odds and found a new friend, Rick becomes the victim of another seduction of sorts by Jimmy and things start to go even further downhill... .
- Your Cheating Heart: Subverted when he and Iris mutually agree to break up just as he and Mila start developing an attraction.
Emily CandlerRick's little sister. Class of 2015.
- Fangirl: Of Justin Bieber and Disney Channel KidComs, and not subtle about it.
- Girl Next Door: For Nathan.
- Tagalong Kid: Along with Nathan.
Jack DawsonNo, not that one. Class of 2009.
- Chick Magnet
- The Movie Buff
- Put on a Bus
- Unfortunate NamesKent: "Your name is Jack Dawson?"Jack: "I know. I've been getting shit for that for years."Kent: "Doesn't help that you kind of look like Leo DiCaprio."Jack: "No, it doesn't."
Joshua "Josh" GoldsworthyOne of Holly's closer friends from outside the main circle; in a band with her, where he plays the guitar and drum and she sings and plays the keyboards. Class of 2009.
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: When he was dating Stacey.
- Agent Scully: Unlike his sister, believes in mundane explanations for things.
- Big Brother Instinct: With Holly and Mila.
- Big Brother Mentor
- Chick Magnet
- Just Friends: With Holly, despite rumors to the contrary.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!
- Put on a Bus: Upon graduation, leaves for UC Santa Cruz with Vanessa.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: He's great at this.
Mila GoldsworthyJosh's little sister. Class of 2012.
- Agent Mulder: Unlike her brother, is quick to believe in fantastic explanations for things. Cites the Haunted House next door (which has never had any long-term owners) as evidence.
- Annoying Younger Sibling
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The brunette among Rick's love interests.
- Fangirl: A Twilight fan, but she thankfully manages to keep some restraint. Ships Jacob/Bella, and hates Breaking Dawn.
John Gomez-CavanaughA transfer student from Santa Marta, Colombia to the neighborhood in the winter of 2007. Class of 2010.
- Expansion Pack Past
- Gratuitous Spanish: Lampshaded, most notably by Samara, who nicknames him Dora.
- Just Friends: With Stacey.
- Latin Lover
Shane GrayLex's boyfriend for much of 2008. Class of 2009.
- Beard of Evil: Sports a prominent goatee.
- FaceHeel Turn
- Hidden Depths: He's a hacker.
- Jerk Jock: Quarterback for the high school football team.
- Put on a Bus: First to college. Then to prison.
- Smug Snake
Iris GreeneRick's girlfriend. Class of 2012.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The redhead among Rick's love interests.
- The Chick: Among Rick's clique.
- Cool Big Sis
- Girl Next Door: Literally, for Rick.
Nathan GreeneIris's little brother. Class of 2015.
- Tagalong Kid: Along with Emily.
Skylar HansenJimmy's best friend. Class of 2010.
- The Atoner: After Jimmy cons Skylar into providing him with an alibi for the night he murders Cameron.
- False Confession: After finding out that it was John who sent the anonymous tip to the police about Jimmy's (possible) involvement in Cameron's murder, Skylar takes the heat for an unknowing John and tells Jimmy (despite having earlier denied it) that it was he who tipped them off. Jimmy seems to take it rather well, but it turns out he's just biding his time (see below).
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Finally makes a full HeelFace Turn when he takes the blame for John's actions.
- Redemption Equals Death: After taking the heat for John, his fate is sealed.
Rowan HarveyClass of 2010.
Alexander "Alex" Isaac HayesWould be class of 2013, but high test scores push the date a little earlier.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Isaac
- Mr. Fixit
- The Short Guy with Glasses: Albeit without the glasses.
- Teen Genius
- The Smart Guy: Within Rick's clique.
Alexis "Lex" HummelClass of 2009.
- Amazonian Beauty
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The beauty of Holly's dance classmate trio.
- Bi the Way
- Middle Child Syndrome
- Put on a Bus: Upon graduation, leaves for CSU Bakersfield.
Brooke HummelClass of 2007. Lex's older sister.
- Best Known for the Fanservice: In-universe example: all anyone outside the Hummel family seems to care about is the fact that she works as a stripper in Vegas.
- Cool Big Sis
Tyler HummelClass of 2012. Brooke and Lex's younger half-brother. Also the child of an affair between Rod Thomas and Vivian Hummel, and thus Kent's half-brother as well.
- Straight Gay
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: Shunned by Rod due to his homosexuality, but otherwise well-loved by the rest of his family.
Cassie JaegerClass of 2012.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The blonde among Rick's first three love interests.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
Jessica "Jessie" KellehanA transfer student from Detroit, Michigan who moves to the neighborhood in the fall of 2008. Becomes the drummer of Tom, Oriel and Kristen's band. Class of 2010.
- Bi the Way
- Brainy Brunette
- The Cheerleader: But genuinely averts the stereotype, as she is smart, kind and monogamous.
- Crisis of Faith: Struggles with one through most of the second season, due first to her wannabe Rock & Roll lifestyle and then her bisexuality, both of which are at her odds with her Mormon upbringing.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Sexually Active Today?: As part of her rebellious streak, she claims to have had sex before, but in reality she's still a virgin, and stays that way the course of the series.
- I Have No Son!: When it's revealed she's been lying to her parents about her lifestyle, she is kicked out of the house and forced to find her own place.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Her feelings for Claire have this air about them.
- Seemingly-Wholesome '50s Girl
Scott KimbleClass of 2010.
- Break the Cutie
- The Loins Sleep Tonight
- Murder the Hypotenuse
- Never Suicide
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Kent/Claire. Part of the reason Jimmy comes to hate him.
Vanessa LewisJosh's largely unseen girlfriend. Class of 2009.
- The Ghost: Finally makes her first appearance in "The Valentine".
- Put on a Bus: Leaves for UC Santa Cruz with Josh.
Cameron McCarthySamara's boyfriend, for about two months in the fall of her sophomore/his senior year. Class of 2008.
- Am I Just a Toy to You?: His reasoning for breaking up with Samara, after she treats him this way in her quest to be the best.
- Beard of Sorrow: Grows one after the breakup, despite his antagonism towards Samara.
- Sacrificial Lion
- Stout Strength
- What the Hell, Hero?: After the breakup with Samara, he wants revenge - by means of hijacking the school news feed. This never happens, though, because instead Jimmy comes to him with other ideas, which are again subverted when he chooses to help Cameron get back together with Samara - which turns out to be part of Jimmy's plan to sleep with her, so that doesn't work out either.
Stacey MilanoClass of 2009.
- The Alcoholic
- The Cheerleader
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl
- Life of the Party: The reason Josh broke up with her.
- Ms. FanserviceHolly : "I'm just saying, through no fault of her own, when skin needs showing, Stacey's often the one to oblige."
- Put on a Bus: Upon graduation, leaves for UC Santa Barbara.
- Off the Wagon: She is turned to the drink again after several weeks of sobriety when Jimmy demeans her For the Evulz in "The Charm."
Kristen QuigleyOriel's "best" friend, and the bassist of their band. Class of 2011.
- Anything That Moves
- Ethical Slut: Doesn't believe in emotional commitment.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: She and Oriel have known each other since childhood, and Kristen's father, as a musician himself, has a nice in-home studio that's perfect for the band to practice. Really, she didn't become a problem until her first time.
- Good Bad Girl
- Hero of Another Story: Benefits, which starts several years later, in which she and Rick get married.
- Hidden Depths: For all the trouble caused by her sex drive, she turns out to be a pretty good singer/songwriter. Of course, this only intensifies the love-hate relationship she has with her bandmates.
- Nobody Loves the Bassist
- Really Gets Around
Oriel RichardsTom's girlfriend, who lives in Long Beach. With him and Kristen, the core of a rock band, for which she is the singer and alternates (with Tom) between guitarist and keyboardist. Class of 2011.
- Brainy Brunette
- Eternally Pearly-White Teeth: Justified, given that her mother is a dental hygenist.
- Face of the Band: In-universe.
- The Ghost: For a long while. Makes her first appearance in "The Charm" as Tom's date at the winter formal.
- Little Black Dress: In "The Charm," her introduction, at the winter formal.
- Long-Distance Relationship: With Tom, who lives an hour away.
Sloane RiversScott's girlfriend, later Jimmy's. Class of 2010.
- Corrupt the Cutie
- Deliver Us from Evil: Although her seeking out Rick while Jimmy is away was already an attempt at a HeelFace Turn, getting pregnant by him seals the deal.
- Excessive Evil Eyeshadow: After Jimmy has converted her to his side.
- Fallen Princess
- HeelFace Revolving Door
- Redemption Equals Death
- Your Cheating Heart: Cheats on Scott with Jimmy. Later, cheats on Jimmy with Rick.
Tina SimpsonOne of Milo's many trysts, who becomes a recurring character through season two and three after she gets pregnant with what she claims is his child. Class of 2009.
- Alpha Bitch
- The Cheerleader: A classic example: dumb, mean, and somewhat promiscuous.
- Dumb Blonde
- Your Cheating Heart: Despite being married to the father of her child, she cheats on him with Milo because she really wants to have his baby.
Melanie SmithClass of 2010.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The brawn of Holly's dance classmate trio.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Fiery Redhead
- Lipstick Lesbian
- Statuesque Stunner
- Suddenly Sexuality
- Team Chef
Dana SouthOriel's cousin. Class of 2007.
- Author Avatar: A gender-flipped version.
- Brainy Brunette
- Distaff Counterpart: To Kent, and the two of them become aware of this rather quickly.
- Gotta Catch Them All: An avid birder, like Kent, but even more so.
- Hero of Another Story
- Nature Lover
- Third-Option Love Interest: For Kent (who is himself a Third-Option Love Interest for her at the time), when Tom and Oriel try without much subtlety to set the two up.
Nicole Sullivan.No, not that one. Class of 2010.
- Shipper on Deck: Like Scott, ships Kent/Claire.
Veronica TaylorNo, not that one. Class of 2012.
Adam VegeranoClass of 2011.
- The Corruptible: In his introductory episode "The Charm," he is bribed by Jimmy to insult Stacey and get her back in the drinking habit. After several weeks of this, he makes a HeelFace Turn in "The Remedy"/"The Collision".
- Must Make Amends: In "The Dance," he asks Stacey out in an attempt to do this. She insists that he prove himself before she accepts, which he manages to do.
- Punchclock Villain: Pretty much the only reason he continued to berate Stacey for so long was the money Jimmy was paying him to do it.
- Put on a Bus: To Albuquerque.
- Redemption Equals Sex: Notably for Stacey, their Glad-to-Be-Alive Sex after Cameron's murder in "The Dance" is completely sober.
- Temporarily a Villain
Terra VerbinskiClass of 2010.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: The brains of Holly's dance classmate trio.
- Brainy Brunette
- Closet Geek: Secretly a Star Trek fan, until the 2009 film makes it cool for her to be open about it.
- Hero of Another Story: Along with her older sister, a main character in a Superhero sequel series set in Chicago.
- Nerds Are Sexy: See above.
Ashley WhiteClass of 2011.
- Dark Mistress
- Gold Digger
- Love Father, Love Son: After several months of being with Rod, she starts to lust after Kent instead, seeing him as the younger, sexier version of his father. Kent is too disgusted to make reciprocation of those feelings possible.
- MayDecember Romance: With Rod.
- Naked First Impression
Faith WilsonJimmy's childhood friend from Lincoln, Nebraska. Class of 2008.
- All Love Is Unrequited: With Jimmy, until the two of them take the opportunity to fix that when he visits her at Thanksgiving.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Twice. First, she shows up in California in the summer of 2008, having followed Jimmy's casual suggestion to move there, and after hooking up with Skylar, who like her has become disillusioned by their mutual friend, she is framed for his murder. A year and a half later, she's released from prison and joins Kent, Claire and the others to help take Jimmy down once and for all.
- Ethical Slut: Though we never find out exactly what her ethical excuse was.
- Really Gets Around: Until she consummates the UST she had with Jimmy.
- SexFace Turn: Of a sort: following her encounter with Jimmy, she renounces her promiscuous ways.
- Took a Level in Badass: A year and a half in prison for a murder you didn't commit and a grudge against your former childhood friend will do that to you.
Roger BowmanThe high school drama teacher.
Diane BowmanRoger's wife, and an English teacher at the high school.
Rebecca ClarkAn attorney and past liaison of Rod's, whom he directs to Jimmy to provide him with a strong legal defense for his crimes.
Robert FraserTom's father, an English professor.
- Badass Bookworm: Teaches William Shakespeare to college kids, stopped a murderous Stalker with a Crush from harming his family.
- Papa Wolf
Samuel "Sam" GreeneIris and Nathan's father, a police officer for the Glendale Police Department.
- Black Sheep: Married into a family of redheads, where he is the only one with brown hair.
- Fair Cop
- Friend on the Force
- Heroes Want Redheads: As mentioned above.
- Revenge Before Reason: After a while, Jimmy's status as a Karma Houdini becomes too much for Sam, and he tries to arrest Jimmy without a solid case against him. This mistake gets him killed.
Marcus GutierrezRusty's father.
Sandra GutierrezRusty's mother.
Mark SnowHolly's father, a veterinarian.
- Awesome Aussie
- My Dad Can Beat Up Your Dad: A literal case, when, after his daughter is insulted at Thanksgiving dinner by Rod, he takes the discussion outside - and loses.
- Kindly Vet
- Land Down Under: Originally from Melbourne.
Pamela "Pam" SnowHolly's mother, a photographer, long estranged until she returns suddenly for Holly's 17th birthday.
Roderick "Rod" ThomasKent's father, CEO of men's clothing franchise Roderick & Company.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive
- Dirty Old Man
- Even Evil Has Standards
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Tyler's biological father.
- MayDecember Romance: With Ashley.
- Meal Ticket
- Overprotective Dad: See below.
- Papa Wolf: Even if his reasoning is misplaced.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Sexist and homophobic.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!
Gina ThomasKent's mother.
- Blonde Republican Sex Kitten
- Evil Parents Want Good Kids: She does more than her husband does, anyway.
- Gold Digger
- Mama Bear
- Sexy Secretary: To her own husband. Not a point of pride.
- Stuffed into the Fridge: As a message from Jimmy to Kent.