List of characters in Love Tyrant. Beware of spoilers!
The male protagonist.
- Amazon Chaser: Akua suggests he likes strong women.
- Blessed with Suck: While having a harem of ultra powerful attractive girls would be normally awesome, all of them are crazy and he has to deal with their insanity on a regular basis.
- Butt-Monkey: The guy never wanted to be part of any of the nonsense Guri brought to his life.
- Chick Magnet: As the protagonist of a harem anime, this goes without saying.
- Curtains Match the Window: While not as noticeable, he has blue eyes too.
- Deadpan Snarker: He often has a dry wit.
- The Generic Guy: There's nothing totally special about him. In Guri's words he's 'kinda boring'.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: He gets angry very easily and with minimal provocation.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: The guy just wanted a normal relationship, then he met Guri and his crush turned out to be a yandere. He was already in a rather weird relationship with Akane to begin with.
- Innocently Insensitive: Sometimes acts this way around Guri or the other girls.
- Iron Butt Monkey: By virtue of the Kiss Note, he cannot die from being stabbed.
- Meaningful Name: Half of his surname means love.
- Nice Guy: The poor guy tries to treat his harem well despite the fact that they're crazy.
- Oh, Crap!: Whenever Akane goes into yandere mode and uses her kukris on him.
- Pals with Jesus: One of his haremettes is God's daughter.
- The Straight Man: Identifies himself as Guri's Straight Man.
- What Does She See in Him?: As with most harem protagonists, most onlookers wonder how someone average like Seiji could possibly attract people like Akane, Yuzu, and Guri.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Yuzu calls out Seiji when his refusal to answer Guri's feelings of doubt turns her into a demon.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Since Guri is part of his harem, he's immortal. That said, he can still feel pain.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His hair is blue.
An irresponsible cupid.
- Amusing Injuries: Akane tries to kill her very often, causing this but barely inconvenience her.
- Became Their Own Antithesis: Near the end of the series, thanks to Seiji not properly conveying his feelings to her she becomes a cold, workaholic, surprisingly-intelligent demon. Heck, even her color scheme inverts (with her hair becoming an example of Light Is Not Good by way of White Hair, Black Heart, and her clothes having a "Dark Is Evil"-styled Evil Costume Switch).
- Bi the Way: When she recreates the harem with a magic cell phone, she's the one that, happily, swears Yuzu in with a kiss and was practically love struck when Akane kissed her.
- Born of Heaven and Hell: Is actually God's daughter with a demon mother. Her appearance is a mixture of angel and demon with black angel wings and fangs. She also gets white and black stripe horns and black bat wings as a demon while as a angel she gets a halo and white angel wings.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: She's into games and manga, and likes dressing up often. Her default clothes happen to be a cosplay outfit.
- Deuteragonist: She's one of the main causers of the plot, and one of the two Myth Arcs is her learning about love (with Seiji acting as her Cloudcuckoolander's Minder in the meantime).
- Expressive Hair: Her Idiot Hair moves in accordance with her mood, like wagging when she's curious.
- Idiot Hair: A strand of her hair sticks up.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: As Akua notes, Guri is too unambitious and careless regarding "liking" Seiji, and out of the harem, she's the only one who doesn't show that she is indeed in love with him. It's implied that it's not that she doesn't, but rather that she lacks both the knowledge to express it and introspection regarding her own feelings; learning about love happens to be the whole reason she's at the human world in the first place.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Intermixed with Genki Girl, Guri is wastefully enthusiastic about everything she does.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: She accidentally writes Seiji's name in her notebook at the start of the series.
- Non-Human Humanoid Hybrid: The daughter of God and a demon.
- Physical God: Not only is she a cupid, she's God's actual daughter.
- Rapunzel Hair: While not noticeable at first, her hair reaches all the way to her butt.
- Supernatural Is Purple: One of the signs she's supernatural.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Her accidental writing of Seiji's name in her Kiss Note sets the whole plot of the series in motion.
- Warts and All: Despite Seiji being short-tempered, stubborn, insensitive and pretty boring she doesn't hate him and in the end she admits that she loves him.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Her arc revolves around her trying to figure out what love is. She eventually figures out it's not just about loving someone, but having someone love you back as well.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Guri's typical outfit includes a pair of ruffled short shorts.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Most of the couples she writes in her notebook are male x male, which are not always picture-perfect like the trope suggests (just imagine two old guys vehemently and surreptitiously frenching each other on live TV). Of course Aino and Korari are horrified by this.
- Yuri Fan: BL isn't the only kind of forbidden love Guri is into. She even teases Akane with the possibility.
The school idol. She's in love with Seiji and will react very violently when any girl gets near him.
- Ax-Crazy: Akane goes absolutely nuts wielding kukuris whenever she gets jealous of Seiji's relationships with other girls.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: She fell for Seiji when he said she was kind, even though he was blinded at the time. This meant he truly meant it, and wasn't influenced by lust.
- Boobs of Steel: Her rack is impressive and is a terrifying fighter.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: She has done some superhuman feats and isn't stated to have any special powers compared to Yuzu.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: In Akane's language, having a regular conversation with a female equals cheating and thus Seiji cannot approach any woman for their own sake.
- Curtains Match the Window: Red hair and eyes.
- The Dreaded: Seiji reasonably fears her rage.
- Emotionless Girl: How she was before she met Seiji.
- Everyone Has Standards: Not even Akane can bring herself to brutally murder a pregnant woman. She also outright referred to Shikimi as a psychopath.
- Fiery Redhead: She's a redhead, and she has a fiery passion for Seiji.
- Gainaxing: Does this often and for comedic effect, her breasts bounce in a very exaggerated and unnatural manner.
- Knife Nut: Her Weapon of Choice is a pair of kukris she dual wields.
- Kukris Are Kool: Uses kukuris. She can store at least six of them somewhere on her person, and pulls a few out of hammerspace when attacking.
- Last Lousy Point: She would have killed Guri several times already other than the fact that because of their contract, Guri can't be harmed by anything Akane does to her (not that Akane could in the first place, as Guri is a divine being).
- Love Makes You Dumb:
- Her jealousy of any girls being near Seiji makes her completely blind to many situations around her. Shikimi even argues that love also made her a weaker fighter.
- In Chapter 44, when Seiji is accidentally turned into a five-year-old kid thanks to a magic potion, she automatically assumes that Kid Seiji is Seiji's illegitimate son despite the fact he aged down in the same room as her and everyone pointing out the kid is Seiji. She eventually figured it out.
- Meaningful Name: Rather appropriate for a Fiery Redhead to have a name that has the word red in it.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: Akane's first solution is any problem is use her kukrises on them.
- Single-Target Sexuality: She loves Seiji and only Seiji.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: She despises Guri for obvious reasons.
- Tritagonist: Co-Tritagonists with Yuzu, as one of the Myth Arcs has to do with their backstories, and family backgrounds.
- Villain Protagonist: of the Tritagonist variety.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Any harm that comes to Seiji will be met with her wrath. Two robbers found this out the hard way when they just grazed Seiji's arm with a bullet; Akane promptly beat the crap out of them.
- Yandere: She draws knives on people, including Seiji, at the slightest provocation. When she found out that the cupid's contract made them both unkillable, Akane proceeded to stab Seiji quite a bit for being a "homewrecker."
- Accidental Kiss: She wanted to kiss Akane but she tripped and accidentally kissed Seiji.
- Barrier Warrior: She can make barriers.
- Bi the Way: She later develops feelings for Seiji as the series goes on.
- BrotherSister Incest: She's in love with her half-sister.
- Girlish Pigtails: Yuzu usually has her hair in huge, curled pigtails, fitting her properness.
- Hypocritical Humor: She hates stalkers despite being a HUGE one for her half-sister.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Yuzu wears tights with her school uniform, and she comes from a high-class family.
- Rescue Romance: She begins to develop feelings for Seiji after he protects her during a robbery.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She starts showing feelings for Seiji when he Took The Bullet when a robber tried to shoot her. Seiji's genuine good nature continues to charm her as the story goes on.
- Stalker with a Crush: Her usual schedule includes stealing Akane's trash... Yuzu has a rather unhealthy obsession with Akane which includes also includes having a sex doll resembling Akane and even looking forward to bathing in the same bathwater as her beloved half-sister.
- Tritagonist: Co-Tritagonists with Akane, as one of the Myth Arcs has to do with their backstories, and family backgrounds.
Seiji's little sister.
- Alliterative Name: Akua Aino.
- Big Brother Attraction: Loves her brother but because they drifted apart, she gets annoyed with him.
- Curtains Match the Window: Like her brother she has blue eyes to go with her blue hair.
- Punny Name: Her name is pronounced "aqua," which is the same as her hair and eye color.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Some sources spell her name as "Aqua".
- Tomboy: She ditches cute and sweet things so she can get Seiji's attention.
- Tsundere: Leans most to the harsh side.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has blue hair, just like her brother.
A teacher. He has a crush on Mari.
- Teacher/Student Romance: It'd be hard for his feelings for Mari to be more obvious than they already are.
The Class Representative of Seiji and Akane's class.
- I Will Wait for You: She had every intention of waiting for Kusunoki-sensei to confess to her, and she wants to wait for her to graduate and get a good-paying job, since teachers don't have a good salary.
- Teacher/Student Romance: She is fully aware of Kusunoki-sensei's feelings for her and she returns them.
Guri's boss who regularly takes over the body of the Aino family cat, Blue.
- Beast with a Human Face: The family cat Blue will have his face on it when he possesses it to interact with the cast.
- Beleaguered Assistant: Constantly urges Kami-sama to take his job more seriously.
- Brown Note: His third form causes the souls of anyone who sees it to leave their body.
- Eldritch Abomination: He is a divine angelic being in the "classical" sense, meaning that he's not a pretty sight to behold in any shape.
- Nice Guy: He is, alongside Seiji, the nicest and most straightforward character in the series, other than looking rather disturbing.
- Shapeshifter Default Form: His true form is a Flying Face with 6 wings.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The dub spells his name as "Coraly".
The current ruler of Heaven.
A former Cupid and friend of Guri. She looks like an overweight Gyaru Girl.
- Babies Make Everything Better: She's pregnant by the time she's introduced.
- Brought Down to Normal: She wants to live a normal life with her currently-developing child, and surrenders her cupid equipment to Guri.
- Fat Girl: She's rather pudgy.
- Servile Snarker: To Kami-sama. She is not afraid to berate him when he isn't taking his job seriously.
The current ruler of Hell.
A sociopathic penguin obsessed with Akua.
- Ax-Crazy: He has a serious obsession with Akua and he's willing to hurt anybody who gets in his way.
- Everything Is Better With Penguins: Not with him and everybody fears him.
- Feathered Fiend: An evil, violent bird.
- Meaningful Name: One of the most evil characters in the show, who takes the form of a penguin, is named for a Great Prince of Hell that usually takes the form of a bird (though usually an owl or raven, instead of a penguin).
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: His villainy is played relatively straight compared to Akane's Yandere tendencies. That said, his entire goal is to forcibly mate with Akua.
- Stalker with a Crush: His obsession with Akua is because he wants to mate with her.
- Took a Level in Badass: Played for Laughs. After he's beaten away by Akane at the beach, he went and trained hard, so much that he gains a six-pack.
- The Voiceless: Technically, although in the anime we hear his thoughts. The characters interpret what he's saying based on his eyes (apparently).
A cousin of both Akane and Yuzu, and an enforcer for both of their mothers. She has the ability to create webbing out of nowhere to bind enemies.
- Alliterative Name: Shikimi Shiramine.
- Beauty Mark: Has a small one on the right side of her mouth.
- Big Bad: While she works under the mothers of Akane and Yuzu, she is the most direct antagonist to Seiji and his harem. At least until she decides to join the harem.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Pink hair and dark pink eyes.
- The Dreaded: Everyone except Guri is terrified at the prospect of having to deal with her. While Akane is not particularly afraid of her, Shikimi is indeed a stronger fighter than Akane by the time she's introduced; this poses a problem not only to Akane herself, but also because it puts Seiji in considerable harm.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Her pupils are heart-shaped.
- Faux Affably Evil: Flirty, friendly but outright insane. She enjoys stealing or tarnishing things that other people cherish.
- To put it bluntly, both Guri and Shikimi start off as asocial self-centered jerks that cause no end of trouble to the people they focus on. However, whereas Guri is Innocently Insensitive and an ultimately well-meaning Cloudcuckoolander, Shikimi is explicitly sadistic and lacks any empathy whatsoever.
- Interestingly, this is the key of both of their Character Development: the more Shikimi tries to bring Guri down to her level with a new scheme or Breaking Speech, the more Guri ends up pulling her up to hers in the resolution when someone else — usually Seiji — proves a different point than the one Shikimi was trying to make, teaching both girls to be better people.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: Beneath those spectacles lies a cold, manipulative person.
- Freudian Excuse:
- Shikimi is a Tyke-Bomb whose sadistic psychopathy was tolerated, even encouraged, by her caretakers because it makes her an useful Psycho for Hire. However, she was never treated as anything better than what she was and mostly remained ignored in silent contempt until the time there was an use for her and her skills. The latter made her a twisted example of an Attention Whore who seeks out the hurting looks she gets from people when she takes away their "important thing" from them.
- This is also the reason why Shikimi targets Seiji in the first place. While growing up, the person Shikimi wanted to acknowledge her the most was Akane, whose unwavering stoicism represented a challenge to her. That is, until Akane's feelings for Seiji entered the equation and Shikimi saw in him the leverage she needed to get under Akane's skin.
- The Heavy: After her appearance, she functions as the most prevalent recurring antagonist to the main characters for a time. It is partly due to her manipulation that Guri gets corrupted into a demon.
- Honey Trap: Disguised as a student, she seeks help from Seiji (after stealing Guri's love phone and give her the wrong meet up time), lure him into an abandon house to trap him in order to make love with Seiji.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: When offered the post of Maou or Demon Overlord, the local version of Satan, some demons remark that she is much more a demon than they are.
- It Amused Me: Shikimi's main motivation to do anything on her own cognition.
- Knight of Cerebus: Before her, most chapters focused on episodic shenanigans and comedy. Shikimi's appearance marks a slightly more serious tone and greater development into the backstories of the main characters.
- Lack of Empathy: Shikimi really doesn't care about the feelings of others. She only does things for attention and her own amusement.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: She tries to get into the harem, but Guri doesn't let her because, unlike Guri, Akane, Yuzu and Seiji, Shikimi does not love.
- Love Redeems: She promises to clean up her act in exchange for becoming part of Seiji's harem. While it only happens in the final episode of the anime, in the Manga, so far she been doing a good job.
- Manipulative Bastard: A Consummate Liar that enjoys manipulating people very much.
- Master of Disguise: Shikimi can disguise herself so well that others don't realize it's her until it's too late. She uses it often.
- Megane: The only girl in the group who wears glasses.
- Morality Chain: If Guri is the Morality Pet that got Shikimi to be less evil, then Seiji is the Morality Chain that makes it harder for her to retrace those steps. Unlike Guri who's too much of a Cloudcuckoolander for it, Seiji tries to be as accepting of Shikimi as he can while remaining clearly aware of how dangerous she is and without compromising his own moral compass. Little by little his opinion of her becomes more and more important to her, to the point that in later chapters Shikimi is genuinely afraid of making him hate her when she accidentally (for once) caused the latest snafu with the demons.
- Morality Pet: Deconstructed. Guri is this to her, by virtue of being the only person that actually enjoyed being around Shikimi for any length of time at the beginning, but this also prompted her to be a Poisonous Friend to Guri who wanted to nudge her down the Slippery Slope.
- Odd Friendship: For some reason, Guri seems to enjoy her company whenever they're together.
- Psycho for Hire: By the right people. She is so dangerous, she is transported to her assignments in chains.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Subverted. While her natural hair color is pink, she quickly proves to be not so sweet.
- Sleeps in the Nude: Is revealed to do this when she and the other girls sleep over at Seji's house.
- Sociopathic Hero: For a given value of "hero" once she joins Seiji's harem.
- The Tease: She is beautiful, showy, clingy, titillating and dangerous as hell.
- Third-Person Person: Shikimi sometimes slips into this pattern of speech.
- The Unfettered: Shikimi does not follow any real moral or ethical codes. Even commands from her superiors might get ignored due to her whims.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Has no clue how to understand her own feelings when Seiji works his harem protagonist magic on her.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: She does. Vehemently.
Yuzu's personal attendant and chauffeur assigned to her by her mother, Ameisha. Despite the fact that he is supposed to report on Yuzu's actions to her mother, he often is forced into helping Yuzu stalk Akane.
Akane's mother and matriarch of the Hiyama family.
- Curtains Match the Window: Like her daughter, Suo had red hair and red eyes.
- Lady of War: Very calm and elegant. Often berates Shikimi for her vulgar nature.
- Mind over Matter: Apparently has some kind of telekinesis with which she can control swords.
- My Beloved Smother: Despite all appearances, Guri claims that Suo loves her daughter and wants to prevent Akane from making the same mistakes she made.
- The Stoic: Hardly expresses any emotion.
Yuzu's mother and matriarch of the Kichougasaki family.