Born Of Heaven And Hell is a being whose parents are from Heaven and Hell or its equivalent. Largely being part angel or God/Deity, and demon/Devil. They may be referred to as a Nephilim. This may be justified when Fallen Angels or Ascended Demons are involved.
More often than not they will be portrayed as an Anti-Hero thanks to the contradiction of their very being; while they may want to do good (Heaven), their actions would be seen as violent or destructive (Hell).
May face the brunt of the Half-Breed Discrimination from both species. If they are lucky they may be left alone. However, they may be targeted for death for either being born or fear their hybrid nature would make them more powerful. If not, they may actually be accepted by one of the groups. Though, they will feel uneasiness about their hybrid nature.
A Fusion Dance or a case of one gaining attributes of the other can accomplish the same effect.
Most likely the end result of a literal Angel/Devil Shipping.
- Urd of Ah! My Goddess is half-god, half-demon. In fact, her parents are the series' versions of God and Satan. Her hybrid nature also caused her Angel's, World of Elegance, hair and wings to be part white and black. She is also self-conscious on her hybrid nature.
- Guri from Love Tyrant. She a daughter to God and a female demon. Her appearance is a mixture of angel and demon with black angel wings and fangs. She also gets white and black stripe horns and black bat wings as a demon while as an angel she gets a halo and white angel wings.
- Rage of Bahamut: Genesis has Amira. She is a nephilim. Half of her is an angel, but on the other half she is not a human but a demon. Still, she looks like an ordinary, if very pretty, human girl.
- Hellboy is an artificially created example. He was originally born from the union of a human witch and a male demon, but somehow got his right hand replaced with a massive stone hand—which came from a Hyperborean statue infused with the creative magic of the Archons.
- Preacher: Genesis (an entity as powerful as God) was created by a male angel impregnating a female demon, the resulting child escaping from containment and implanting itself within Jesse Custer, giving him the power to force anyone to do his bidding as long as they understand English (a literal Word of God). Its entire creation was orchestrated by God (who already feeds on the love and faith of humans despite his making the Earth a Crapsack World), who wanted the love of a being as powerful as Himself.
- PS238 has Malphast, the child of a male angel and a female demon (who represent Order vs. Chaos). He's apparently the first, and nobody's quite sure of the extent of his powers.
- Witchblade itself was a union between the Angelus which represents light and looks like an angel and the Darkness which represents dark and looks more demonic. Its creation was so it could act as a balance between its parents.
- The titular character from Little Nicky is revealed to be the son of not only the Devil but a female angel, which is why he's a nice guy who does enjoy darker things. He is well-liked by both the denizens of Hell, with the exception of his half-demon brothers, and Heaven. He also has the ability to travel to Heaven or Hell after "death" on Earth, which requires him to do something good (Heaven) or bad (Hell) beforehand.
- In High School DXD.
- Akeno and Rossweiss are a variation of this. The former is a Fallen Angel while the latter is a Valkyrie who became reincarnated devils for Rias Peerage while obtaining their original powers along with gaining devil powers.
- Issei (part devil and dragon) would have children with all his girls, including Akeno (Human/Fallen Angel/Reincarnated Devil), Irina (Human/Reincarnated Angel) and Rossweiss (Valkyrie/Reincarnated Devil).
- Momo Kyun Sword. It's revealed that sisters Momoko and Onihime were children of a Celestial Maiden and Oni.
- A Most Unlikely Hero. Angelisians and Daemons are alien species that are similar to angels and demons respectively. Alex Ryker is part Angelisian and Daemon which explains his Destructive Savior tendencies.
- The Mortal Instruments:
- Faeries are the offspring of angels and demons, and as one character puts it, they have the cruelty of demons and the beauty of angels.
- Tessa Gray, the protagonist of the prequel series The Infernal Devices, is a Warlock (part Shadowhunter and a Eidolon Demon).
- Jonathan Morgenstern is a shadowhunter, who is also largely demonic through Valentine's experiments. Lilith even claimed that she sees him as her own child, for she has given her blood to Valentin to make Jonathan the one he has become.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Whistler is the product of an Interspecies Romance between a pure-blood demon and an agent of The Powers That Be (basically an angel, although not depicted with wings). The Powers and the demons banded together to kill his parents for their transgression, but the Powers spared Whistler to serve as an agent of balance.
- Dungeons & Dragons:
- Concordant Killers are powerful outsiders that are part celestial, part fiend. They care only about honing their combat skills to perfection and feel no compulsion to either good or evil, and are sometimes employed by gods or similar entities as mercenaries.
- Infernals, described in the Epic Level Handbook, are the offspring of Gods and Demons/Devils. They take after their non-divine parents.
- The main character Bayonetta herself is a variation as her mother was an Umbra Witch with connection to the demons of Inferno and her father was a Lumen Sage who are aligned with the Angels of Paradiso. Being female, she was raised as a witch and shows no particular affinity for the heavenly side of her ancestry.
- Darksiders and Darksiders II features the Four Horsemen, last of a race of half-angel, half-demon Nephilim.
- A Fusion Dance example in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth with Mastemon who is a fusion of Angewomon and LadyDevimon.
- The ancestors of humans in the Diablo series are half-angel half-demon hybrids called the Nephalem. In Diablo III, it turns out your character is the first of the new Nephalem.
- Sicily from Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness is a demon-angel despite the fact that her brother Laharl is a Demon-Human. This is due to their human mother, who was pregnant with Sicily at the time of her Heroic Sacrifice, refusing the chance to become an angel and gave it to Sicily instead.
- Dm C Devil May Cry turns Vergil and Dante from Half-Human Hybrids into half-angel, half-demon Nephilim. They are both hunted down by Mundus' demon army partly for their father betraying him and because Nephilim can kill demons.
- Super Paper Mario: Luvbi is the daughter of Queen Jaydes of the Underwhere and King Grambi of the Overthere, though she isn't actually their biological daughter.
- Sisters Lisianthus and Kikyou of SHUFFLE! are half God (father) and half Demoness (mother). Primula is a genetically-engineered hybrid of half-Goddess and half-Demoness