Sharkcrap11 a random guy from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
. There is a consensus among people who know him in real life that He's somewhat crazy... Something he neither confirms nor denies
Was born at the tail end of the 80s, and thus is a member of Generation Y/The Millenial Generation/whatever you wanna call it, and thus grew up with a lotta the stuff that was popular in the second half of the 90s
(yes, I used to listen to
the Backstreet Boys
as a kid.) You know, Sailor Moon
, Cardcaptor Sakura
(though sadly, the version I watched as a kid was the dub
), Dragon Ball
, Tiny Toon Adventures
, Pinky and the Brain
Has been a fan of My Little Pony (Friendship Is Magic
only, though- he'll never get to liking the old shows...) for almost a year now. But he doesn't like the term brony...
Is a big fan of Anime and Manga (favorites are Neon Genesis Evangelion
, Haruhi Suzumiya
, Cardcaptor Sakura
, Dragon Ball
, Sailor Moon
, Fullmetal Alchemist
, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
and Mahou Sensei Negima!
), as well as Sci Fi
... Yes, even Stargate Universe
). Also, likes a lotta Western Animation
as well. And Superhero stuff- actually, I just like a lotta stuff in general. Hence the attraction of this place
... :P His favorite movie of all time, however, is Apocalypse Now
Has taken courses in Sound Engineering
, and is a huge fan of most types of music with the exception of most modern Pop and Rn B
(with Lady Gaga
being one of the few non-Guilty Pleasure
examples of such he'll listen to), Gangsta Rap
, Modern Pop Punk
(but not the older Emo
stuff from the 80s/90s), and some of the less melodic Black Metal
and Death Metal
bands (but the more melodic or experimental bands are often good)... In short, he listens to a LOT of music (he has over 600 C Ds
and the collection's still growing, though more slowly these days...). My favorite bands are (deep breath) Pink Floyd
(my all-time favorite, incidentally), The Beatles
, King Crimson
, Nine Inch Nails
, Marilyn Manson
, Skinny Puppy
, Front Line Assembly
, Alice in Chains
, Pearl Jam
, Led Zeppelin
, Black Sabbath
, Monster Magnet
, A Perfect Circle
, Smashing Pumpkins
, Faith No More
, Jane's Addiction
, Living Colour
, Red Hot Chili Peppers
, Rage Against the Machine
, Linkin Park
(the first two albums, mostly), Judas Priest
, Iron Maiden
(the early stuff only), DreamTheater
, Wolves In The Throne Room
, The Clash
, The Sex Pistols
, Minor Threat
, Black Flag
, Dead Kennedys
, Sonic Youth
, The Pixies
, My Bloody Valentine
, The Jesus and Mary Chain
, Cocteau Twins
, The White Stripes
, The Black Keys
, The Roots
, Beastie Boys
, A Tribe Called Quest
, De La Soul
, Public Enemy
, Massive Attack
, James Brown
, Sly And The Family Stone
, Bob Marley
, Peter Tosh
, The Specials
, The English Beat
, The Mars Volta
, At The Drive In
, Sunny Day Real Estate
, Jimmy Eat World
, Talking Heads
, The Police
, The Smiths
, The Grateful Dead
, Jefferson Airplane
, Quicksilver Messenger Service
, The Moody Blues
, The Cure
, Siouxsie and the Banshees
, The Sisters Of Mercy
, Fields Of The Nephilim
, Diary Of Dreams
, Gang Of Four
, Joy Division
, New Order
and Depeche Mode
Actually, forget what I just said- the list just goes on and on
Has his own band/music-related project(s) he's working on. Progress is slow
, but it is still happening...
Hates so-called Hipsters with a passion, though he likes a lotta movies starring them (Scott Pilgrim
comes to mind). Also hates emo teens
, Twilight (seems like most people do) and Justin Bieber
(he's a disgrace to my country- but I don't post hate mail on his facebook or anything, unlike some people I know...). But then again, neither of those last two is aimed at me...
. Likes alla the stuff mentioned above, and more. Reads a lot, which seems unusual for someone his age these days. Does not like math.
Though his one brother does. Was raised a mormon
, though is currently (and not likely to stop being anytime soon) Agnostic. Is either an Anarchist or a Left-Libertarian.
Is a Conspiracy Theorist
and a borderline Crazy Survivalist
, but not a Right Wing Militia Fanatic
- he DOES NOT like
racism or Nazis
, unless the latter are villains in fiction who get killed unpleasantly.
Owns a Super NES
, an NES
and a Game Boy Advance
. His favorite games are The Legend of Zelda
(A Link to the Past
is his favorite, but he likes them all.), any Super Mario Bros.
or related game, the Sonic series
, Mortal Kombat
, Age of Empires
, Age of Mythology
, Chrono Trigger
, Secret of Mana
III, but I don't play World Of War Craft
due to time/money issues) and Rogue Squadron
His favorite animals are ferrets, opossums and sharks
. Admires Henry Rollins
greatly, for his music and for pretty much everything else. However, he's not generally prone to hero worship.
Has started (or helped start) the following pages:
Tropes that apply to this troper include:
- Abhorrent Admirer: has had several. Reacts in pretty much the usual way.
- Above Good and Evil: well, not so much above it as more to the side...
- Action Survivor: managed to survive and escape a gang fight (no, he wasn't a member of either side) without getting injured and without retreating quickly.
- Adorkable: those few girls who have shown any interest seem to think so... He isn't so sure he likes that.
- All Men Are Perverts: I'm a man. I am also a pervert. No further comment...
- A Man Is Not a Virgin
- Anti-Hero: Probably Type IV, though may edge off into either Type III or Type V depending on his mood and the situation.
- Armchair Psychology: sometimes falls into this, though he tries to avoid it.
- At Least I Admit It: says this a lot. He freely admits to not always living up to his own principles. Unlike all those people who don't. Saying this makes him feel more special than he probably is.
- Basement-Dweller: well, above-the-garage dweller, anyways, but the basic principle's the same.
- Beware the Nice Ones: not usually too unpleasant to anyone who is nice to him, but to people who aren't...
- Beware the Silly Ones
- Brilliant but Lazy: Is rather smart (or at least, is pretty sure he is...). Is also rather lazy/apathetic.
- Canada, Eh?
- Catch Phrase: "If at first you don't succeed, give up or cheat". Words to live by indeed...
- Chaotic Neutral
- ChaoticSelfish: not outright malicious, but not exactly hero material either. He's just trying to live his life without too much outside interference...
- Chaotic Stupid / Stupid Neutral: Sometimes borders on one or the other (or both) of these.
- Character Tics: twitchy foot when restless/bored, chin stroking, headscratching and several more.
- Cloudcuckoolander: borders on this at times.
- Child Prodigy: Was very intelligent and hard-working as a kid today, on the other hand...).
- Coat Cape: wears this 90% of the time he wears a coat...
- Conspiracy Theorist: likes talking about them and has several books on the subject, but only actually believes in a handful of the ones currently out there. Does believe in a few he's made up himself, however...
- Consummate Liar: well, he thinks he is... In practice, not always. Or even all that often...
- Cool Loser
- Cool Shades
- Crazy Awesome: well, when he's awesome he is. He's just slightly crazy the resta the time.
- Crazy Survivalist: borderline case, as he does have a few items stored away just in case. No guns or anything like that though (I just stick to food and water). Is NOT a Right Wing Militia Fanatic though, unlike many examples of this trope.
- Creepy Awesome
- Creepy Child / Cheerful Child: was some weird combination of these when younger: was usually rather happy, but often said weird/creepy things and knew a lot about things that aren't exactly childlike.
- The Couch: spends a goodly portion of his time here.
- The Cynic
- Deadpan Snarker
- Disproportionate Retribution: is a firm believer in this sometimes being the best way to prevent future conflicts.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Anyone who tries to show him pity gets brushed off, politely at first. If they persist, they get yelled at or hit.
- The Eeyore: sometimes approaches this, especially when he's in a bad mood.
- Funetik Aksent: borderline case, as he tends to write the way he talks in real life, unless he's writing an essay or something else that requires grammatical accuracy.
- Geek: let's be honest here, he's on TV Tropes. And he likes all the stuff mentioned above...
- The Glasses Come Off: Used to wear Nerd Glasses all the time as kid. Now only wears them when reading. Of course, his eyesight has improved as he's gotten older.
- Grey and Gray Morality: his perception of the world.
- Guile Hero
- Hates Everyone Equally / Equal Opportunity Offender
- Heroic Neutral
- Hidden Depths: usually fairly cheerfully cynical, but can be rather dark and brooding sometimes and does like a lot of fairly intellectual things. Also, in spite of his (relative) lack of personal skills, is good at reading people and understanding people's motivations.
- Hipster: Hates them, but may actually be one. At least he admits it. That makes me better than those others...
- Hollywood Atheist: averted. While not exactly a free of issues, any unhappiness he may feel isn't caused by his lack of belief in a God. In fact, he's generally become much happier since he stopped caring about such things...
- Hollywood Homely: not completely ugly, but not exactly supermodel material either, so he fits.
- Hollywood Dateless: notable subversion in that he actually IS dateless, and has never dated in his life.
- Hypocritical Humor
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: acts like a Smug Snake (and loudly proclaims how awesome he is) but really has pretty low self-esteem, as other entries here indicate.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: is smart (or at least hears he is, and believes it some of the time), but has always been pretty isolated.
- It's All About Me: sometimes acts this way. It's gotten him into trouble in the past...
- Jade-Colored Glasses: very much so, though he's often a cheerful cynic... He only broods about it sometimes.
- Jerk Ass: well, some of the time, anyways. Mostly, however, is a...
- Lazy Bum: often, but not always.
- Lean and Mean: a not-quite villainous example.
- Limited Wardrobe: Zigzagged. While he does like his camo pants and band t-shirts, he wears non-music-related t-shirts as well, and he has several different pairs of camo pants, plus a few non-camos.
- Loners Are Freaks: Is a loner. May or may not actually be a freak, but many people who don't know him think he is.
- Loser Guy: Has never been on a date...
- Memetic Outfit: has come to be associated with band t-shirts (especially Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin) and camouflage pants, even though he doesn't wear them all the time (just a sizable amount of the time).
- Metal Head: Sorta. Metal isn't the only type of music he likes though, and he doesn't have hair as long as the stereotype.
- Misanthrope Supreme: though he's not out to harm anyone. He just Hates Everyone Equally.
- Mistaken for Gay: has happened (the one doing the mistaking was a girl who didn't know him very well both times) with both him and his brother and him and his best friend Alex. However, [[Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today? he's very straight.
- Mr. Imagination: spends a lot of time somewhat detached from reality.
- Mr. Vice Guy
- Nakama: with his friends in real life. He prefers quality to quantity when it comes to friends.
- Nerds Are Virgins
- Nice Guy: when he's not being a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Nietzsche Wannabe: is a big Nietzsche fan, though not as nihilistic or extreme about his views as some others he knows are. Mostly, he's just really cynical.
- Noble Demon
- No Social Skills: well, not none, exactly, but finds it difficult and stressful to interact with new people, and sometimes says things he shouldn't.
- Occidental Otaku: a borderline case, though he has other interests as well...
- Pragmatic Villainy: to those who think he's a Jerk Ass, anyways.
- Psychotic Smirk: his default expression, though it's more smug and/or devious than outright psychotic.
- Pyro Maniac: enjoys playing with fire and fireworks/firecrackers, though he just sticks to melting old action figures and army men and such. Also, he's a big believer in fire safety and being careful about such things. But he still likes it...
- Real Men Hate Sugar: AVERTED, big time. He loves it. And he considers himself to be a real man (well, to the extent that anyone can be). Though he also loves grease and salt.
- Record Producer: what he hopes to be someday. He's studying sound engineering right now...
- Reluctant Psycho: knows something's wrong with him, admits it and has mixed feelings about it- sometimes he embraces it, sometimes... not.
- Screwy Squirrel: sometimes.
- Self-Deprecation / Heroic Self-Deprecation: blurs the line between the two.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: sometimes does this too. Mostly speaks in an odd combination of very informal pronunciation and mannerisms with the occasional long or obscure word thrown in. Unlike some people, he knows what most of the long words he uses mean.
- Silly Rabbit, Idealism Is for Kids!
- Silly Rabbit, Romance Is for Kids!: came to this conclusion some time ago.
- The Slacker: Very much so.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: far to the cynical end, though he's often pretty cheerful (and sometimes rather smug) about it. He likes rubbing his cynicism in.
- Smug Snake / Know-Nothing Know-It-All: occasionally acts like a bit of a narcissist and like he knows more than everyone else, though only occasionally. Usually gets taken down a peg pretty quickly.
- Sociopathic Hero: YMMV, though.
- Sophisticated as Hell
- Stepford Snarker
- The Stoner: Not so much, but back in the last year or two of high school...
- Surrounded by Idiots: he feels this way in real life pretty often, and sometimes says this word-for-word.
- Sweet Tooth
- Third-Person Person: at least, while writing this article.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chinese food, especially Sweet and Sour Chicken.
- Trickster Archetype: enjoys messing with people's heads sometimes, though not in an outright evil or malicious way.
- The Unfettered: subverted. Makes his own rules (which don't always make sense to anyone else...), but has rules nonetheless...
- Verbal Tic: "Eh?", "I dunno" and "and shit/and stuff".
- What Is Evil?: is a firm believer in moral relativism/existentialism, though he still believes most "evil" things are unpragmatic and thus pointless.
- Wild Card
- The Woobie: some people think so, anyways.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: his major complaint about society (and the source of most of his cynicism) is that most people fail to live up to their potential (he thinks everyone has it) or uses it to do questionable things (like pursue money or power, or just to cause harm).
- Yuri Fanboy: though he doesn't think Het Is Ew like some others do. He tends not to be big into the whole killing off characters who get in the way of your favorite pairing thing. Actually, for the most part, he's not too big into shipping at all (he believes there's more to most works than that).