open/close all folders
Loopers - The Mane Six
Twilight SparkleThe Anchor of the land of Equestria, Twilight Sparkle is one of the most proactive Loopers when it comes to helping those less experienced to herself, to the point of enforcing the fact that Equestria is a Sanctuary Loop. First Looping Bearer of the Element of Magic.
- Action Mom: For Nyx.
- The Archmage: She is probably the most versatile magic user in the multiverse, with only Lina Inverse, Ranma Saotome and Harry Potter as likely rivals. Others may be stronger or more skilled in specific magic forms, but if there's a magic system in use, she's probably dabbled in it, and is likely to be fairly good at it.
- Asexuality: Twilight's first suggested to be asexual in Loop 69.14 when she says to an unAwake Celestia (who's very much attracted to her) that "I'm pretty sure I'm straight. Or possibly asexual." Then again in Loop 76.7 when "Rainbow Dash" (actually a disguised Chrysalis) is attempting to romance her. In Loop 156.1, Chrysalis comments on this, stating that "the looping Twilight is pretty decently set into a low-libido low-romance mindset to the point of identifying as asexual", and Twilight herself firmly states that she's asexual in Loop 158.4.
- Atrocious Alias: During a Loop in Berk, went by the name of "Twit".
- Berserk Button:
- Improper research, as Voldemort found out in one of her early Loops.
- In a more serious fashion, Loops that force excessive levels of darkness / cruelty on their inhabitants will get her truly riled up.
- In later loops, the destruction of her tree, which keeps happening almost no matter what she does.
- Cool Big Sis: Comes across as such to many Loopers younger than herself.
- There is a odd situation in this case with the Princesses of Equestria, in that even they don't know how to classify Twilight's position within their family, due to her being Nightmare Moon's mother.
- Deadpan Snarker: Especially when in mini-me Loops.
- Emperor Scientist: Has spent more than a few Loops as a Princess, and is still very dedicated to science.
- Fate Worse than Death: Generation 3.
- Later replaced with Eiken.
- She also had an encounter with a version of Queen Majesty, from Generation 2. We don't know the details, but it apparently wasn't pretty.
- For Science!: Spent several Loops inventing different political movements (and getting banished to the Moon for it) just so she could write a thesis.
- Good Is Not Soft: Like all the Equestrian Loopers, she will go well out of her way to help anyone who needs or wants it, but she will not tolerate violations of the rules she set up to keep Equestria a safe loop.
- Improbable Weapon User: The list of things she's used to defeat Nightmare Moon is incredibly long, but in one instance, she apparently used a ball of yarn.
- Mama Bear: Whether she's actually Spike's mother or sister-figure depends on the snippet, but all the same, hurting him is a bad move. And that goes double for Nyx.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: In all the Princess Loops (where she and one other Equestrian Looper replace Celestia and Luna), she hasn't yet gone mad and been banished to the moon.
- Once messed with an un-Awake Shining Armor's head for all the times he'd forgot to tell her about his wedding.
- When she switched places with Sombra, she haunted him for his horrific behaviour towards Spike.
- Has avenged her tree by pranking her fellow Loopers who destroyed it, be it on purpose or accidentally. She even pranks Sleipnir, her Admin, since he once destroyed her tree to deal with a bug. She's also taken her frustrations over it out on Tirek, since he's the one who started it all.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Pretended to have one in some Loops, though this eventually tapered off. As "Eternal Twilight", she makes it... well, eternal twilight, with the sun and moon frozen as they are in the evening, and claims to be taking over Equestria because she doesn't feel Celestia or Nightmare Moon are fit to rule.
- Warrior Therapist: Having lived for a great deal of time by now, she's understandably quite powerful. She's also willing to help other loopers out with their problems, and managed to get SkyNet looping by talking it into a HeelFace Turn and turning it into a viable anchor candidate.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Was afraid of snakes, so naturally the Loops kept putting her in situations involving them, including replacing the Trope Namer himself. It came to a head when she replaced the Hogwarts basilisk.
- You Can't Fight Fate: No matter how hard Twilight tries two facts of her life remain unchanged; her cutie mark will remain the same, and her library will be destroyed when Tirek comes calling. Both aggravate her no end. Especially the latter.
ApplejackFirst Looping Bearer of the Element of Honesty, and the first Equestrian to activate after Twilight herself.
- Can't Catch Up: Genuinely feels she's not as skilled or interesting as the rest of her fellow Loopers despite all evidence to the contrary.
- Cool Hat: Still got it, and she's learnt skills from Indiana Jones on how to keep it on her head in extreme weather conditions.
- Dishing Out Dirt: A highly skilled Earthbender, due to an Avatar Loop replacing Toph. How skilled? She managed to terraform Tatooine.
- Living Lie Detector: Comes in handy if you've got a Time Lord trying to prove he's who he says he is.
- Not So Above It All: Compared to most of her friends, Applejack isn't given to mad ideas or pranks, but even she's messed with Flim and Flam's heads on occasion.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Spends a Loop in Middle-Earth pretending (for the benefit of non-loopers) she can't speak. And whenever anyone notices, she just says something a horse would actually do, which somehow convinces the Hobbits nothing's up. To be fair to the hobbits, Aragorn and Gandalf were both helping cover for her.
- Super Hero: Aside from being one of the Power Ponies, she also replaced Wonder Woman once.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Pretended to have one in some Loops, though this eventually tapered off. As "Hard Truth", she made it impossible for anyone to lie.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Is very afraid of seaponies, after a Loop where they dealt with some Xenomorphs, and their disturbingly cheerfully trigger-happiness in general.
FluttershyFirst Looping Bearer of the Element of Kindness, and one of the earliest Equestrian Loopers.
- Action Mom: For Leman Russ (along with the rest of the Primarchs), of all beings, due to a Warhammer 40,000 loop. He calls her 'Little Mother'.
- Fluffy Tamer: As per canon. Once managed to tame Voldemort's basilisk.
- Friend to All Living Things: Just like in canon but Up to Eleven. She looped into the How To Train Your Dragon and Pokemon loops and literally had virtually every tamable creature lining up be her partner.
- Good Parents: To Leman Russ. She did such a good job of raising him that it got him looping and the other Primarchs are just as caring to her as he is.
- Mama Bear: It doesn't matter if her adopted son Leman Russ could quite literally chew up anything that threatens him and spit it right back out, hurt him and you.will.pay.
- Morality Pet: To the Primarchs of the Warhammer loop. She serves as their Parental Substitute and even the rowdier ones are supremely devoted to her.
- Really Gets Around: Mentions that she's had several one loop stands.
- Ship Tease: She and Link did the deed one time when they were both wolves.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Flying Hatred (who tends to be reminiscent of what Galadrial would be with the One Ring), though she doesn't like using it. Later on she mixes it with her vampony skills as well.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: She's become good at this one, due to D&D loops as a Druid.
Pinkie PieFirst Looping Bearer of the Element of Laughter and one of the earliest Equestrian Loopers. The god of parties, dedicated to bringing laughter to every universe she finds.
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: During a Loop where she replaced Hermione, Snape and Professor Umbridge hospitalized themselves trying to read Pinkie's mind.
- Actually explained. Her thoughts are actually faster then light, and she can think backwards in time. Which explains Pinkie Sense. Trying to understand it caused Twilight's head to explode. At least twice.
- Beware the Nice Ones: The reason she got Slaanesh's job? Slany tried to read her thoughts, and in return Pinkie shredded its mind until it turned itself into a cupcake. Pinkie then proceeded to eat the cupcake. Apparently it was chocolate frosted.
- Break the Cutie / Break the Badass: Had a horrific Loop where she had a psychotically violent sister, whom she turned to stone. The narration states that afterward is one of the first times in untold ages that Pinkie's wanted to be alone.
- The Dreaded: In the Warhammer Loops, and the Mass Effect Loops. Her just being around causes Sovereign to turn tail and run.
- Eldritch Abomination:
- Spent one Loop as Pinkiel, Angel of Parties. She managed to thwart instrumentality single-handed.
- During her first Warhammer 40k loop, she threw such a massive party for the Eldar Empire that they turned her into the Chaos Goddess of Joy and Celebration, and she has tended to take on that role in later 40k loops. Slaanesh refers to himself as her 'brother on the throne'.
- Fate Worse than Death: A lot of villains seem to consider being near Pinkie this, starting as early as the second chapter of the MLP Loops, where one of Voldemort's horcruxes exploded rather than stay near her.
- Fun Personified: Take regular Pinkie Pie. Now give her all the abilities the Loop can grant. Know fear, and you're done.
- Two of the titles she has been granted in the Loops are "Chaos Goddess of Parties" and "Fun Lord of the Sith".note
- Godzilla Threshold: Pinkie Pie is a weapon of last resort in dystopic loops. In one instance she managed to take over a 1984-esque Equestria all on her own.
- Me's a Crowd: Can pull this off in Warhammer 40K Loops, as well as in her normal loops using the Mirror Pool.
- Mr. Fixit / Walking Techbane: Manages to be both at once, making a code that by any and all logic should never work, designed to take down mad A.Is, replacing the standard logic gates of "AND", "OR", and "NOT" with things such as "I Suppose", "Whatever" and Apple Bloom's favourite, "Surprise Me". And yet it works, both in practice and in execution. Just don't expect anyone to be able to explain what happens. It just involves pink. Lots of pink. And in one instance created a self-aware A.I. that called her "mom".
- Noodle Incident: How'd she become Bowser's college roommate?
- Physical God: She's replaced Slaanesh in Warhammer 40k loops several times. She still uses it to throw never-ending parties.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Pretended to have one in some Loops, though this eventually tapered off. As "Party Pink", she basically throws never-ending parties.
- Too Spicy for Yog-Sothoth: Eldritch abominations are no match for Pinkie.
- She replaced Slaanesh in one of the Warhammer loops. Not by looping in as him, but by causing his mind to shred itself until he thought it would be a good idea to turn himself into a cupcake. Which she then ate. And she ascended fully by throwing an Eldar Empire-wide party.
- Reapers flee in terror from her.
- The Borg tried to assimilate Equestria. Pinkie assimilated The Borg.
Rainbow DashFirst Looping Bearer of the Element of Loyalty, and one of the earliest Equestrian Loopers.
- Berserk Button: In her earlier Loops, the very existence of Lightning Dust was one. She eventually got over it.
- Faster-Than-Light Travel: Has been able to travel at warp-speeds. Sometimes while carrying heavy objects.
- AVIATRIX ADVENTURER: When she was Rainbow Tryggvassen.
- Hidden Depths: Secretely writes novels under the pen name of "Iris Drake". Trixie claims one of her early novels was formulaic.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: Once decided to do... something to irritate Starscream (yes, that Starscream). He eventually retaliated by making her life hell the next time he passed through Equestria.
- Soul Jar: In one Loop she was one of Voldemort's horcruxes. The Elements fixed that one.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Pretended to have one in some Loops, though this eventually tapered off. As "Danger Dash", she constantly pranked people until they couldn't take it anymore.
- Super Speed: She ascended to Alicornhood by flying way faster than the speed of sound.
RarityFirst Looping Bearer of the Element of Generosity, and one of the earliest Equestrian Loopers.
- Damsel out of Distress: Can more than hold her own against a full-grown dragon without resorting to Alicorn-mode.
- Evil Laugh: Is perfectly capable of doing one if she so chooses.
- Happily Married: With Spike, eventually. Awkwardness tends to ensue when they attract the attention of their non-Looping versions.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Spend a Loop as a government official just for the heck of it.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Has spent stints as Nightmarity. It's left a small taint of darkness, which comes in handy during the Mega Pony Loop.
- She's also been "The Fashionista!", who forces everyone to wear fashionable clothes whether they want to or not.
- Tailor Revolt: In universe, Rarity's response to being hired by Darth Vader to create a cape capable of inducing terror was to do so... while having it decorated with cute bats.
Loopers - Pre-Crash
Following the Awakening of the last of the Mane Six (first seen in Loop 1.14) and prior to the Crash (in Loop 45.11), a total of seventeen additional Loopers and three pseudo-Loopers came online. These are their profiles.
Angel BunnyPure evil, in the form of a fluffy little rabbit.
- Cluster F-Bomb: After a long time of holding in his feelings about his fellow Loopers, he takes advantage of being able to speak by swearing badly enough to crash the Loop.
- The Emperor: He's taken this role a few times, such as becoming absolute ruler of the United Kingdom of Great Bunny and North Irelapin in eighteen months, or running an empire of ten rabbit warrens out of Fluttershy's cellar.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Fluttershy's the only one that likes him in the slightest. Big Macintosh actually praised Nightmare Moon when she banished Angel to the moon one Loop.
- Henshin Hero: Thanks to a Fused Loop with Kamen Rider Gaim, he can become Armored Rider Black Baron. His default form is Carrot Arms (that Loop used vegetable-themed Lockseeds rather than fruit-themed ones), and a Parsnip Arms has been mentioned.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Uses his subspace pocket to store his weapons.
- Improbable Weapon User: Carrots. Lots and lots of carrots. Reinforced carrots which he can throw with a lot of force.
- Jerkass: Looping has done nothing to change this for him. If anything, he's spent the Loops finding more and more ways to be an unrepentant dick.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He does genuinely care for Fluttershy, and made Twilight Pinkie Promise never to tell a soul, Looping or otherwise, when she figured it out.
- Pet the Dog: His actions to help out Fluttershy. He even spent one Loop as a living good-luck charm for her.
- Token Evil Teammate: For every Equestrian Looper. He's even spent a Loop as a Sith Lord.
- The Usurper: Zecora, in her "Alicorn Sisters" Loop, believed he'd become this for her when she returned after a thousand years on the moon. Subverted when she finds out he was just serving as her regent.
- The Voiceless: As the above example proves, this is a good thing.
Apple BloomApplejack and Big Macintosh's younger sister, and one of the three original Cutie Mark Crusaders. Third Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Magic.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Her cutie mark talents tend to be for engineering at a higher tech level than the Equestrian baseline. Now that she knows what her mark is, she can usually trigger a basic crafting cutie mark, but she would never have found her talents without some high-tech Fused Loops.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Most of her cutie marks revolve around it, and it's how she managed to become an Alicorn.
- Promotion to Parent: In some unseen Loops she replaced her parents and Granny Smith. The fact that once those Loops ended she went back to being a regular un-marked filly hurt badly.
- Screw This, I'm Out of Here!: When asked to go over Pinkie's Program, Apple Bloom distracted Twilight with puppy-dog eyes, then ran for it, not to be seen again for the rest of the Loop.
- Southern-Fried Genius: She's probably the most technologically inclined of the group (Twilight tending to concentrate on arcane matters), and still maintains her Sweet Apple Acres attitudes.
- Wise Beyond Her Years: Has spent her many Loops acquiring skills no foal her age should naturally have.
Berry PunchOriginally the town drunk, Berry began Looping for no clear reason, but has since made every effort to sober up and improve herself. Her lifetimes worth of bartending have given her an impressive grasp of chemistry. Second Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Laughter.
- The Alcoholic: Started off as one, until she began Looping.
- The Bartender: Helps Big Macintosh run his bar whenever they're both Awake. She's got far more skill mixing drinks than he does. This includes being able to take Nightmare Moon down by giving her one drink. When she finally ascends, she does it by making something capable of intoxicating Discord.
- Beta Couple: With Discord, eventually.
- Mama Bear: Is willing to risk violent Ditzy-induced beatdowns to ensure her daughter Ruby Pinch's safety.
- Multiple-Choice Past: Sometimes she's Cheerilee's sister, sometimes she isn't.
- No-Sell: Dangerous liquids (like Applejack's potato cider, for example) won't affect her. Even more impressive since the potato cider blinded Twilight, killed Philomena, and made Discord burst into flames.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Hers was done entirely by accident - she used all six Elements while drunk. When she returns as "Spiked Punch", she declares that "The happy hour shall last forever!".
Big MacintoshApplejack and Apple Bloom's older brother.
- The Bartender: Opened up a bar for resident Loopers to frequent.
- Berserk Button: Reading his mind appears to be one.
- But Not Too Bi: One Loop mentions that if he Awakens later than usual, his unAwake self was usually in a relationship with Fluttershy, Cheerilee or Caramel (a male Earth pony). His baseline self is romantically involved with Sugar Belle though, and as a Looper, however, he shows no interest in either gender.
- Celibate Hero: His looping self is opposed to romance of any kind.
- The Chessmaster: Spent several Loops managing this, before Twilight Sparkle caught on because he was being too subtle.
- Mundane Utility: He typically only uses his fire powers to melt and remake the glasses he uses at the bar when they're damaged.
- No-Sell: Managed to ignore CelestAI, and lock her out of her own system.
- Not So Different: CelestAI tries to claim this. He shuts her down, ignores her and shuts off her access to him, even after what's implied to be several hundred attempts.
- One-Winged Angel: He eventually gains the ability to become an "internalized" alicorn - his typical Earth Pony magic, plus all the magic of a unicorn and pegasus, but none of the physical traits (meaning no wings or a horn).
- Playing with Fire: Has access to dragon's fire, though he typically only uses it for mundane purposes.
- The Quiet One: He's more talkative than he used to be, but as he points out, silence is still his forte.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: He killed a changeling in one Loop, and he's regretted it ever since.
CadanceCelestia and Luna's adoptive niece, Twilight's sister-in-law, Princess of Love and ruler of the Crystal Empire (most of the time).
- Break the Cutie: In the Slavequestria Loop, she woke up married to King Sombra, who was still ruling the Crystal Empire, and far worse, Shining Armor had never met her, didn't know who she was, and was married to Chrysalis.
- Happily Married: Naturally. Sometimes in their early Loops she and Shining would disappear for years because of this, much to Twilight's frustration.
- Harmless Villain: When she and Shining Armor tried playing evil for a Loop, their idea was simply to kidnap the other and disappear for years at a time.
- Mama Bear: Becomes this after Flurry Heart is born.
- The Matchmaker: Is known for matchmaking in much the same way as Awake!Trixie is known for explosions (That is to say, dangerously obsessive).Cheerilee: I've never been married.(A good portion of the room ducked for cover while trying to drink. Cadance rockets into Cheerilee's face)Cadance (Wedding-obsessed Alicorn of Love mode: ACTIVATE!): WE MUST FIX THIS!
- Obfuscating Insanity: Her obsession with marriage turns out to be one. It had been genuine at first, but when it wore off she enjoyed the humour of it, and played along with everyone else's expectations, until she finally got bored of it.
- The Power of Love: An incredible thing, when backed by a Star Sapphire ring.
- Ship Sinking: Becomes a literal one-pony version of this in one Loop. With a cannon, and an actual ship.
- Stepford Smiler: One particularly long snip implies she is actually hurt her friends and family never noticed she'd gone insane, but that she tries not to dwell on it.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Pretends to have one sometimes, known as "Loving Evening". She basically kidnapped her husband and took off for a years-long honeymoon.
CelestiaTwilight's mentor, ruler of Equestria and Princess of the sun.
- Other Me Annoys Me: It's worse than "annoys". A lot of monstrous alternate Celestias crop up, including the one from Slavequestria, Molestia, Conversion Bureaus, and Celest-AI.
- Parental Substitute: Twilight admits that she sees Celestia as a second mother to her.
- The Prankster: Still got this, though some of her fellow Loopers tend to out-prank her.
- The Power of the Sun: She takes advantage of this to go surfing on the surface of the sun.
- Screw This, I'm Out of Here!: Has developed a tendency to hand power over to Twilight Sparkle, or her sister, or any Looper she can find, then take off to go surfing. Often on the sun.
- Taken to extremes in one Loop, where she sent all of Equestria to the moon, just so she could go surfing.
- In another, she appointed two new alicorns and moved to the sun after Luna left for the moon, intending to return to Equestria only when her sister did.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Has had one in some Loops, such as Blazing Sun or Infernal Blaze. And this is even before her canon version of Daybreaker began appearing.
ChrysalisQueen of the Changeling hive. Second Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Kindness.
- The Atoner: The Loop she was first Awake for was the "Slavequestria" Loop, with her thinking her baseline actions were All Just a Dream. After she realized the truth, she became this.
- Beta Couple: With Trixie.
- The First Cut Is the Deepest: Her Shining Armor was the first pony she ever saw as more than a future snack. Even after all her Loops, she still misses him, and finds being around his Looping counterpart awkward.
- Happily Married: In her first Loop, with Shining Armor. The fact that Looping Shining is happily with Cadance hurts her no end, even after she gets together with Trixie.
- Hive Mind: A common trait of the Changelings as a whole. Thus, when she is Awake, it tends to cause a little confusion amongst the hive.
- Multiple-Choice Past: Since Chrysalis doesn't have a defined origin in-show, her origin and biology tend to change on a Loop-by-Loop basis. She's more annoyed by it than anything else.
- Other Me Annoys Me: She's disgusted and annoyed by her un-Awake self's actions.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Predicts, accurately as it turns out, that her un-Awake self would eventually try to kidnap Flurry Heart.
Diamond TiaraOne of the CMCs' classmates, and an honorary Crusader herself. Third Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Generosity.
- Character Development: The fact that she finally gets some is what allows her to start Looping.
- Determinator: Diamond Tiara's cutie mark doesn't mean that her special talent has anything to do with jewelry. It means that mentally, she's harder than diamonds. Among other things, she achieved alicornhood by telepathically no-selling Sombra so hard that it broke the entire Crystal Empire free of his enthrallment.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Tends to end up as this whenever she's in the military.
- Heroic BSoD: Takes have Spoiled Rich set in as her baseline mother pretty hard, especially since most versions of her mother in Loops prior were genuinely loving.
- Hidden Depths: As it turns out, she's actually a surprisingly capable leader when pushed into a corner.
- I Hate Past Me: She has repeatedly expressed annoyance at her Unawake self (due to being a brat for so long), and stated once that she wished she'd have a "Mini-Me Loop" so she could "biff [herself] in the snoot".
- Multiple-Choice Past: Exactly who her mother was tended to change, sometimes with her being absent, or dead, or insane, or Screwball. Then, eventually, Spoiled Rich shows up, much to her dismay.
- Psychic Powers: Gained as a result of a Babylon 5 Loop, and later proved key to her achieving alicornhood.
DiscordSpirit of Chaos.
- Beta Couple: He eventually ends up in a romantic relationship with Berry Punch.
- Calvinball: Invented a bizarre card(?) game named "Chaos" (what else?), which makes literally no sense whatsoever (at least to us, the readers. It does seem to have some rules in-universe, however vaguely). It's become a popular way for some of the Loopers to pass the time.
- Fate Worse than Death:
- Being the only Alicorn in a country of Draconeqii, or worse, being given... responsibility.
- The end result of his 'Great Elevator' prank was being subjugated to it himself, but with all the of the strange floors being replaced by boring, monotonous ones.
- The Prankster: Just don't ask him to prank on the fly. He's bad at ad-libbing.
GildaGriffon friend of Rainbow Dash. Second Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Honesty.
- Art Attacker: Courtesy of an Ōkami Fused Loop, Gilda can use the Celestial Brush. It's become such a part of her that it eventually allowed her to ascend into a Higher Griffon, with her snake-tail Grizelda holding the brush when needed.
- Brutal Honesty: Her Element of Honesty manifests as this. It eventually let her fend off an attempted Mind Rape from Grogar.
- Elemental Powers: Copied the Judgement attack during a Pokemon loop and can change its type to achieve different elemental effects. She can also use Bolt Strike, an electric-type attack.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Her Looping self mellowed out considerably earlier than in baseline, proving to be this in the process.
- Klingon Promotion: Is quite used to this, as it was how the Griffin Empire normally worked until the Griffin lands were stabilized in canon.
- Multiple Head Case: After becoming a Higher Griffon, she has a snake, named Grizelda, in place of a tail.
- Mythology Gag: She's had "Grizelda", which was her name in the original story pitch, as a surname more than once. It later becomes the name of her snake-tail.
- Power Copying: Spent a loop in the Pokémon anime as a Smeargle, which let her copy, among other things, the Judgement attack from Arceus, the Recover move, and Zekrom's Bolt Strike attack.
- Shock and Awe: She knows Bolt Strike, an electric-type attack.
- Split Personality: Grizelda split off from Gilda when the latter became a Higher Griffon, and exists as a separate being within Gilda's mind whether they're in that form or not. She compares them to Yami and Yugi early on, though those two were more a case of Sharing a Body.
- Unexplained Accent: Often speaks with pronounced Britishisms. That in these instances she is being written by Saphroneth, who is British, might have something to do with it.
- Unusual Euphemism: Has used "Oh, fiddlesticks and fish-fur." as a swear.
LunaCelestia's younger sister, Princess of the moon.
- Cool Big Sis: Declares herself Nyx's sister.
- Depending on the Writer: Her speech patterns tend to vary from Loop to Loop. The Anachronic Order doesn't help. Curiously enough, in her first Loop she spoke perfectly normally.
- Flowery Elizabethan English: Sometimes.
- The Prankster: How she revealed she was Looping, by managing to out-prank the already Looping Mane Six.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Per canon, her identity as Nightmare Moon. Though sometimes, the motive differs, such as when she wanted eternal night just so she could properly age the moon after turning it into cheese.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Again, sometimes.
Nyx SparkleA tiny alicorn created in a magic ritual designed to bring back Nightmare Moon that went wrong, who was adopted by Twilight Sparkle. Third Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Honesty.
- Canon Foreigner: Doesn't exist in the show. Nyx came into existence courtesy of a variant Loop based on Past Sins.
- Fun Size: Compared to Luna. Twilight even refers to her as Luna's "smaller, fuzzier half" in one Loop.
- Happily Adopted: By Twilight and, to some extent, Luna (who views Nyx as a little sister).
- Happily Married: To Leman Russ, eventually.
- Head Pet: Spent a couple of Loops replacing various others, including Puu, Ryo-Ohki and Diana. Her next Loop back in Equestria, she manifested as a rabbit and spent the Loop riding around on Twilight's head, with her permission.
- Interspecies Romance: With Leman Russ, Anchor of Warhammer 40,000. He's nominally human (though he's been pretty much every species of pony out there); she's a pony. Doesn't stop them.
- Loophole Abuse: Normally Loopers can't have children who don't exist in baseline. Since Nyx is considered by the system to be an offshoot of Nightmare Moon, she's become able to Loop.
- Older Than They Look: Looping aside, Nyx could look older. She just chooses not to, preferring the simplicity (and free ice cream) that comes with being a child. In a Yu-Gi-Oh Loop, Tristan notes she sounds far older than she looks when she talks about her origins.
- In the Five Princesses Loop, Twilight tells Nyx to look the same age as her "siblings", which surprises the other Cutie Mark Crusaders, since they thought she'd just been growing slower than them.
- Palette Swap: Luna claims Nyx is this to her in at least one Loop.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: She's really good at them.
ScootalooRainbow Dash's honorary younger sister, and one of the three original Cutie Mark Crusaders. Third Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Loyalty.
- Abusive Parents: A common trend with her Loops, though the exact nature of the abuse varies. Scootaloo's gotten to the point where it's just annoying for her. Eventually averted when her past starts firming up and it's determined that the abusive versions were aberrations.
- Ace Pilot: What she tends to be.
- Family of Choice: Genuinely views Rainbow Dash as a sister figure (and sometimes substitute mother), and moves in with her more often than not.
- Flying on a Cloud: How she ascended to alicorn, reshaping Cloudsdale so it could fly safely and keeping it from collapsing all by herself.
- Multiple-Choice Past: Her family background is sufficiently variable (and too often unpleasant) that she keeps prepared-in-advance adoption paperwork ready in case she needs to move in with Rainbow Dash or Twilight. Eventually, her past does start shoring up, introducing her to her aunt Holiday and Holiday's marefriend Lofty; the season 9 expansions see her finally meeting her baseline parents.
- Parental Neglect: Eventually became the norm for her, with her parents being too busy with work and instead leaving her in the care of her aunt Holiday and Holiday's marefriend Lofty.
- Running Gag: Comparisons to a chicken are almost inevitable for Scoots, though it doesn't come up too often. She eventually decided to take the term back for herself so it wouldn't bother her anymore.
Shining ArmorTwilight Sparkle's older brother, Cadance's husband.
- Barrier Warrior: Use of this ability allowed him to ascend into Alicorn status.
- The Brigadier: Replaced the Trope Namer once. Cadance was the Doctor. Apparently it was "interesting".
- Happily Married: To Cadance. His non-Awake self was once happily married to Chrysalis instead (in her first loop Awake), causing no end of awkwardness when they both found out.
- Harmless Villain: His idea of villainy was kidnapping an already Awake Cadance and going on a second honeymoon. Twilight felt it was best to leave the two alone for a while.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: His fake evil identities include Dashing Armor (who kidnapped Cadance and went on a long honeymoon) and Sundered Armor (who was so bored that he faked crimes to give himself more work to do).
- Tempting Fate: Just narrowly stops himself saying that a hypothetical situation would never happen, before he and Cadance look around the room just in case. Later on, it happens anyway.
SpikeTwilight's number one assistant and honorary son/brother. One of the first to activate after Twilight and the other canon Bearers. Second Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Loyalty.
- Berserk Button: Actually managing to harm Rarity will likely set off Spikezilla.
- Flight: Due to working out his dragon magic, he was able to grow wings. Eventually, his gaining them became baseline.
- Happily Married: With Rarity, eventually.
- Kaiju: He can assume a giant form, nicknamed Spikezilla.
- Large Ham: Tried it out for one Loop.
- No-Sell: As a dragon, poison gases don't work on him.
- Sizeshifter: Like in canon, Spike can grow or shrink in size. Since becoming a Looper, he's gained control over the ability.
- Warrior Monk: He's a Jedi thanks to his formative Loop, and one of the few Loopers from outside the Star Wars branch to remain a true lightsider rather than a Gray Jedi.
Sweetie BelleRarity's younger sister, and one of the three original Cutie Mark Crusaders. Third Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Laughter.
- Elegant Classical Musician: Doesn't get more elegant than helping to sing a world into existence. And redeeming Melkor.
- Pony of Mass Destruction: Not that she has any interest in being one, but it's an unavoidable side effect of her talents:Pinkie Pie: Nevertheless, you have sung a song of creation. That means you can do the opposite. You can sing the song that ends the world.
Trixie LulamoonTraveling showmare who became a rival of sorts to Twilight, and later her friend after activating. Second Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Magic.
- Apocalypse How: Has a tendency to cause these, which usually leads to Eiken Loops.
- Beta Couple: With Chrysalis.
- Mad Scientist: More emphasis on the mad, but she does know her chemistry (especially the parts related to explosions). Twilight mentions that some of it's an act.
- Odd Friendship: She actually gets along well with Statler and Waldorf as a result of a Muppet Loop where she replaced Fozzie, and made them disappear as part of her act. They were so happy about it, they sent her flowers before every show for the rest of the Loop.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Is infamous for this, no matter which Loop she's in, though she's tried to work past it and return to her roots as a stage performer after a Muppet Loop where she suggested of her explosion-heavy acts, only to learn Gonzo had suggested the exact same thing the week before.
- Too Dumb to Live: Her love for bigger and bigger explosions tends to blind her to things like safety, or restraint, and frequently kill her and crash the Loops. She's pretty blasé about it, though.
Pseudo-Loopers - Clover the Clever, Private Pansy and Smart CookieThree of the six founders of Equestria, they became soul-bonded to the original three Cutie Mark Crusaders as the result of a chaos spell during Nightmare Night and are now considered Pseudo-Loopers, unable to manifest in Loops unless their respective partners (Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom) are also there. The trio most commonly manifest through the Crusaders' Intelligent Devices (though they remain connected to their partners even if their physical forms are somehow destroyed), and effectively serve as spirit partners for them.
- Magic Wand: Their Intelligent Device forms serve as this for their partners.
- Parental Substitute: They once served as this to Scootaloo in their own time period, with their mutual parental love for her being the spark for the Fires of Friendship.
- Spirit Advisor: Serve as this for the original trio of Cutie Mark Crusaders.
Loopers - Post-Crash
During an early attempt to bring the Mega Man Loops online via jumpstarting it with a Fused Loop, an unknown threat surfaced. In its attempt to escape the branch, it caused a catastrophic systems Crash that destroyed the Fused branch at the conceptual level in the process, triggering a full reboot of all Loops currently in progress. As a result, to help stabilize things, nearly every branch had at least one new Looper activated; Equestria had these four.
CheerileeTeacher at the Ponyville schoolhouse, activated as a result of the Crash, and the fourth Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Generosity.
- Badass Teacher: Don't mess with her students - after her Looping experiences, she can intimidate even an unAwake Discord.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Took to studying everything she could find, in order to be able to fill her role as a teacher by being able to give courses on every subject in the multiverse.
- Multiple-Choice Past:
- Sometimes she's Berry Punch's sister, sometimes she isn't.
- Thanks to the comics, there's a recurring variant where she has a twin sister, Cherry Blossom, who works as a professional wrestler.
- Ship Tease: It's implied she has or had some feelings for Big Macintosh, but he won't ever act on them, so she doesn't bother following up on them.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Due to a variant Loop based on the comics, where she has a twin sister who's a professional wrestler, she's picked up a few wrestling techniques for combat.
Mayor MareMayor of Ponyville, activated as a result of the Crash, and the fourth Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Loyalty.
- Badass Bureaucrat: Ascended to alicornhood by using this to the Vogons destroying Equestria (with a little time-travel and some help from Twilight Sparkle). Once managed to subdue Nightmare Moon with bureaucracy in one Loop. And in a The Dresden Files Loop, she Replaced Charity Carpenter and carried out that character's canon role in invading the Nevernever, a Spirit World that's described by Ivory herself as being "one of the most dangerous in the multiverse. It's right up there with Percy Jackson's version of Tartarus." All to save her in-Loop daughter (an unAwake Scootaloo, filling in for Molly Carpenter). Her fellow Loopers are awed and treat this as a reminder of why they shouldn't underestimate her.
- Multiple-Choice Past: Sometimes she's actually called Mayor Mare, sometimes it's Ivory Scroll. She apparently prefers the latter.
- Paper Master: Gained it from a loop in Naruto as Konan.
- Psychic Powers: A mild version, due to an unseen Loop as a Jedi. She retains enough telepathy to use it for communication.
Silver SpoonOne of the CMCs' classmates, and an honorary Crusader herself. Started Looping because of the Crash. Third Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Kindness.
- Alchemy Is Magic: Amestris-style alchemy and Xing-Style alkehestry are among her specialties thanks to an early Loop there.
- Baleful Polymorph: Thanks to a glitch in her code after she first became a Looper (due to The Crash), Silver Spoon is rarely the same species two Loops in a row. It's not as much of a problem for her after she becomes a Draconequus, since she can just turn into whatever she wants to be.
- I Have Many Names: Her name tends to change based on what her species is. The word silver is usually in there somewhere.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: After becoming a Draconequus, which helps her deal with her species glitch.
- We Used to Be Friends: Spent a while angry with the Looping DT. She eventually gets over it.
ZecoraZebra witch-doctor, activated as a result of the Crash, and the second Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Generosity.
- Depending on the Writer: She doesn't necessarily always rhyme.
- Lethal Chef: Not in the traditional sense, but she did once make a replacement of the MMMM (the ZZZZ) that contained too much sugar for Pinkie Pie to handle. Yggdrasil only knows what it did to anyone else.
- Out of Focus: She tends to appear the least out of the Looping characters, generally on account of her rhyming speech.
- Rhymes on a Dime: As it turns out, Zecora goes an extra mile on this. Even her business cards rhyme.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: In her "Alicorn sisters" Loop, she had one, named "Thorny Vines", born when ponies feared nature and tried to destroy it.
Loopers - Post-Heartstrings Crash
When a non-Looper performed an experiment in the Equestrian branch, it triggered a smaller Crash that, while it didn't destroy any Branches, somehow forcibly activated her as a Looper. As with the previous Crash, a total of four Equestrians (the experimentor and three others) were activated as Loopers to help stabilize things and counteract the effects of this Crash, though all four suffered from varying glitches as a result.
DitzyBrought into the Loops by Lyra's stunt. It caused her some nasty glitches for a long while, which doesn't help with Ditzy's already-present weirdness. Otherwise she's one of the most cheerful ponies around. Fourth Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Kindness.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Anyone who replaces Luna Lovegood counts as this, though Awake!Ditzy is usually more together than the average.
- Friend to All Children: By helping calm a couple of frightened foals (along with tending a wounded Cheerilee), she became Equestria's fourth Looper to earn the Element of Kindness.
- I Have Many Names: Her name seems to be different in each Loop. Aside from Ditzy, examples include Bright-Eyes and Derpy.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Apparently the only Equestrian Looper to never get an evil alternate in any known loop.
- Inexplicably Awesome: Even before she began Looping, Ditzy had a tendency to be just plain weird. Not even the Admins are actually sure what exactly her deal is.
- Mama Bear: Attacks Berry Punch when she starts insulting Ditzy's parenting skills (deliberately, after a previous instance of this from Ditzy).
- Mike Nelson, Destroyer of Worlds: Some of the time, her cutie mark is for Entropy, meaning that she destroys everything she touches. Even when it's not, her Cute Clumsy Girl tendencies cause havoc.
- Multiple-Choice Past: How she got her Cutie Mark, as well as what the mark means, seems to vary in each Loop as well.
- Nice Mare: She's genuinely one of the friendliest ponies out there.
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: Has the Dreaming Glitch, which means that she can remember loops she wasn't awake for. She also takes it to another level by being able to access all her varied talents from across the loops, including alicorn ascension (from a loop in which ascending to alicornhood was incredibly easy, to the point where basically everyone was an alicorn and hiding it from Celestia to avoid being given political responsibility).
- Trademark Favourite Food: Muffins!
- Unwanted False Faith: In her Princess Loop, after being sent to the moon one of Twilight's students started a Derpocalypse cult, believing she would return and overthrow Twilight Sparkle. Ditzy is actually angered by this one.
- Walking Disaster Area: Once got put on the moon because it was either that or let Equestria run up expensive repair bills. Once there, she practiced her disastrous type of magic so much it managed to trap Twilight Sparkle by accident.
LyraA mint-green unicorn who caused a mini-crash and accidentally set herself to Looping, along with three others. This had some... effects on all four of them. Fourth Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Laughter.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Usually it's humans or seaponies, but sometimes it's Changelings. Since Bon-Bon isn't yet Looping, and is also subject to Multiple-Choice Past, she sometimes feels the need to hide her Changeling nature from Lyra.
- Five Mare Band: Is this all on her own, between her five personalities.
- Fusion Dance: Her "Lyra Heartsong" ascended form was created by fusing together all five of her personalities in a loop where they all had their own bodies, and incorporates elements of all five. It also only lasts as long as all five personalities are in Harmony with each other.
- They later find out that they can shuffle around who contributes what, giving her a wide range of potential Heartsong forms.
- Magic Music: She eventually ascended to alicornhood by using music to harmonize her personalities and merge with an entire set of alternate Elements.
- Multiple-Choice Past: She started herself looping by crashing a loop, which resulted in a glitch where she gains more loop memories than usual. Her attempts to deal with it eventually caused her to gain multiple personalities, each of which dealt with a different set of loop memories: Unicorn Lyra, who gains most of the 'normal pony' memories, Seapony Lyra, who gains memories of Lyra being a seapony, Human Lyra, who gains memories of Lyra being a human, and Thief (the version of Lyra who crashed the loop and started the whole mess), who gains the miscellaneous memories. She later added a Sweet Roll personality... somehow.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Managed to cause a loop crash by herself, due to some bad technology, a magic portal and her obsession with humans. This is also what brought her online as a Looper.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Quite aside from her multiple personalities, her "Thief" personality (which processes miscellaneous memories), ends up as this all by itself. "Cyborg Ninja Changeling" is the most common combination.
Sunset ShimmerThe fourth and final pony brought online by Lyra's actions. Awoke after a Loop where she and Twilight had made friends years before the events of the series. Her first Loop was a fused one, which scrambled her memories. It was a long time before she returned to her home Loop. Fourth Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Magic.
- The Atoner: After she Awakened, she swore to never become what she was in baseline ever again. She's still worried she might go mad with power if she ever ascends to Alicorn, which is why she hasn't done so yet.
- Cool Car: After a Back to the Future Loop, she owns a personalized flying DeLorean. (Sans the baseline version's flux capacitor, which allows time travel and is therefore Read-Only.)
- Cool Sword: Tends to wield a Keyblade in battle.
- Combat Pragmatist: Some of her journal entries show that she has shades of this, usually involving a helping of Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?.
- Family of Choice: Due to their close friendship and her Multiple-Choice Past making it hard for her to bond with any of her "birth" families, she's come to view Twilight as a sister. Twilight has no objections to this.
- She also cares for Celestia, and for some of the Loopers whose families she Looped in as a member of, in a familial way.
- Henshin Hero: One of the powers she picked up during her Traveling period was that of Kamen Rider Meteor, second Rider of Kamen Rider Fourze (with the Meteor Driver customized so she can transform without the M-BUS satellite), though she rarely uses it afterward.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Compared to most Equestria Loopers, due to her long series of Fused Loops when she first started Looping, meaning that she picked up a lot of things.
- Master of None: She isn't a master at any of those things, however, due to lack of time Looping.
- Master Swordsman: Is a true Keyblade master, and thanks to advice King Mickey gave her, she's got similar abilities to the Lingering Will in terms of shapeshifting her Keyblade.
- Not So Different:
- Admits to an un-Awake version of Nightmare Moon that she used to be like her.
- One Loop points out to her that by brainwashing humans en-masse and forcing them into bodies not their own, her baseline self wasn't much different from a Conversion Bureau. Shimmer is utterly disgusted by this, and more-so when she's given an Element of Harmony for it. Said Element is later handed over to her other Loopers to be destroyed.
- Unstoppable Rage: In one serious instance of Dog-Kicking, Trixie and Chrysalis pranked her by making her think Sci-Twi had started Looping. Sunset wasn't happy, and ended up banishing them to Mars.
- Wandering the Earth: Or multiverse, as the case may be. The glitch that caused her Awakening has made her similar to Blues in terms of experiencing more Fused Loops than normal.
Vinyl ScratchOne of the Loopers activated by a colossal glitch Lyra triggered that got fixed immediately. However, Vinyl herself wasn't so lucky, and had a few glitches to deal with in her early Loops. Fourth Equestrian to become a Bearer of the Element of Honesty.
- Cool Shades: She's got a collection of sunglasses from throughout the multiverse.
- Elegant Classical Musician: Has tried her hoof at being this on more than one occasion.
- Friendly Neighbourhood Vampire: Has been a vampire on at least one occasion.
- Hidden Depths: She likes using shades she got from Kevyn Andresayn to look at background radiation. It's soothing.
- Multiple-Choice Past: Vinyl's history with Octavia tends to shift a lot. On one occasion, she and Tavi were Lyra's kids.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: In one Loop she caused a famous Equestrian band to break up before they'd even formed by playing some of their music to them.
- The Power of Rock: Not only can Vinyl weaponize sound at building-shattering levels, her mastery of rhythm is infectious enough that she can leave crowds of people helplessly dancing along regardless of how much they want to stop.Vinyl Scratch: You can run, but you can't hide! You won't be able to stop head banging until the reset by the time I'm done tweaking your inner beat!
- She's also gotten into a shred-off with Slaanesh and held it to a draw, helped Steven Magnet redeem Nightmare Moon with a ballad (he had vocals, she had instrumentals), and accidentally nuked Ponyville with an experiment involving a mountain-sized lump of Wakandan vibranium and rock concert speakers.
- She Rocked The Universe. Literally.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Vinyl plus Disaster Area equals supernovae. Yes, that's a plural. Also, an angry slideshow from Twilight entitled "What Vinyl Did".
Loopers - The Crisis
Shortly before the conclusion of the season 9 expansions, at the start of (in one case) and the Loop after (for the other two) the event known as the Crisis Across Infinite Loops, a forced activation program caused every loop to be at risk of gaining new and potentially villainous Loopers. The only way to prevent this was to kill anyone that the loopers did not want to see looping; Equestria succeeded in this goal, and as a bonus, received three new heroic Loopers in the process. They are:
Flash SentryA spiky blue-haired student, guitar player and all-around nice guy at Canterlot High School, he was Sunset Shimmer's ex, who befriended and developed something of a crush on Princess Twilight during the events of Equestria Girls. He activated as a Looper as a result of the Crisis Across Infinite Loops, shortly before the conclusion of the season 9 expansions.
- Cuteness Proximity: Early on, he has to restrain himself from squeeing at the sight of the younger (physically) Equestrian Loopers, due to how cute they look (he manages by picturing their human counterparts, who are just a few years younger than him). He also considers pre-Cutie Mark Twilight to be adorable; luckily, she takes it as a compliment.
- Hopeless Suitor: For Twilight. When they have a private talk during his first Loop, he admits that Sunset's told him he needed to get over Twilight, and Twilight herself admits that while she may have had a bit of a crush on him in the past, she's just not interested in romance most of the time. Unlike most examples, it ends peacefully when they settle on being friends, which he's willing to accept.
- Instant Expert: He was able to fly as a pegasus in his first Loop, just by watching Rainbow Dash demonstrate how to do so.
- Vertebrate with Extra Limbs: As a pegasus, he has four legs and two wings.
Starlight GlimmerHaving originated as a major villain with a hatred of Cutie Marks in season 5, she eventually reformed. She later naturally activated as a Looper, with her first Awakening coming shortly before the conclusion of the season 9 expansions, in the same Loop as the Crisis Across Infinite Loops.
- Beware the Superman: In one Loop, she invoked this on Equestria for Cutie Marks, by tricking ponies into thinking at the Princess's (and Twilight's) own Cutie Marks had turned on them because they were so powerful, thus getting everypony else (except for an underground resistance) to give up theirs as well. She was eventually defeated and banished to Tartarus for her crimes by a disgusted Nightmare Moon.
- Missing Steps Plan: One Loop had her replace Pinkie Pie. And that was her entire plan.
- Noodle Incident: At one point, she apparently tried ambushing Twilight via time-travel and hitting her over the head with a bag of clams.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Unlike the aforementioned Pinkie Pie replacing, her attempt to imitate Applejack is bad. Really bad. She's the wrong height, the wrong build, her horn is still visible, she's done nothing to disguise her eyes (which are blue, instead of Applejack's green), and her accent is just plain awful. Then she responds instantly the minute Twilight calls her "Starlight". The real Applejack (who was Awake and managed to escape almost immediately) had told her not to bother with it.
- Villainous BSoD: In an incident where her time travel spell takes her forward rather than back. She's booted back out of the portal in the Troubled Fetal Position, muttering "future" to herself.
ThoraxA changeling who defected from Queen Chrysalis after the wedding of Shining Armor and Princess Cadance, he eventually made friends, ousted his former ruler and convinced the other changelings to share love instead of stealing it, leading to their transformation into colorful, more solid forms and his own into a changeling monarch. He activated as a Looper as a result of the Crisis Across Infinite Loops, shortly before the conclusion of the season 9 expansions.
- Intergenerational Friendship: While his physical age compared to them is uncertain, as a Looper, he's billions of years younger than his closest friend Spike.
- The Marvelous Deer: His Changeling King form resembles an antlered adult male deer (or stag, as in "stag beetle") with wings and the ability to use magic.
- Nice Guy: For a changeling, he is surprisingly kind to everyone, and he shares this with the rest of his people after he transforms for the first time, every time he can. He's learned to balance it with assertiveness though.
Nightmare MoonPrincess Luna's dark alter-ego. Usually the first villain faced in the MLP Loops, and her defeat is a rite-of-passage for many visiting Loopers. Needless to say, even when Luna or Nyx aren't awake she tends to show up a lot.
- Catchphrase: "The Night shall last forever." She almost never gets further than that before something happens to her.
- The Chew Toy: The Loopers enjoy finding increasingly ridiculous means to defeat her.
- Enemy Mine: During the Slavequestria Loop, she allied with her sister against the Loopers.
- Even Evil Has Standards: One Loop she banished Angel Bunny to the moon before getting down to business.
- Starter Villain: She's the first major villain faced by Equestrian loopers.
- Villain Decay: Usually played straight, assuming she's not just an Awake Luna messing with everyone. Nightmare Moon tends to go down pretty easy.
SombraDespotic former ruler of the Crystal Empire. Has a thing about crystals.
- Always Chaotic Evil: Near every version of Sombra is an unrepentant dick. Except that time he replaced Ditzy.
- Bratty Half-Pint: In the Villainous Crusaders Loop, Lil' Sombra takes Diamond Tiara's place as the local spoiled brat.
- Catchphrase: "Crystals."
- Depending on the Writer: Often, but not always, tends just to say "crystals". Some Loops make him more garrulous.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Tends to speak in all-bolded font.
- Laser-Guided Karma: One version of Sombra took Twilight's place, and was outright abusive toward Spike. Twilight decides to haunt his ass for it.
- Villain Decay: Twilight mentions that getting blasted by the Elements tends to do a number on his mind. On the rare occasions that he retains his full faculties, he's scarily competent.
- Unholy Matrimony: A great many of Loops before Chrysalis started Looping had her and Sombra marrying. Chrysalis herself is weirded out by it when she finds out about this.
TirekMagic draining centaur. Destroyer of libraries.
- Baleful Polymorph: Absorbing Pinkie Pie's magic quickly turns him into another Pinkie Pie.
- The Chew Toy: As with Nightmare Moon, the Loopers find increasingly silly ways to defeat him (though they do take him somewhat more seriously than Nightmare Moon, since he actually does put up a fight more often than not). Case in point, the Loop where he was a robotic magic-draining centaur... and Twilight easily kicked his aft with a sandwich. (Specifically, a six-foot party sub.) Also the one where he was defeated via being run over by a herd of giant bunnies.
- You Can't Fight Fate: No matter what Twilight does, Tirek's actions will wind up destroying her library.
Tirek SunstarEncountered in the Mega Pony Loop, a mix of Tirek and Sunstar. Very hammy. And on fire.
- Composite Character: Of Tirek, and Sunstar from Mega Man, physically. He's got a few extra personality traits that don't belong to either.
- Evil vs. Evil: At some point, he fought an evil version of G2's Queen Majesty (the canon version is already a case of Good Is Not Nice, showing zero mercy to evildoers and punishing them via turning them to stone or other inanimate objects, and sometimes leaving them aware of their new status). Twilight, who's also fought Majesty, is alarmed at what Majesty could've done that would've made this guy an improvement.
- Knight Templar: He's of the "purify evil through FIRE" mindset. And his idea of what constitutes evil is skewed to begin with. This is eventually explained as being the result of a dying curse from Queen Majesty.
- Light Is Not Good: Inherited from the original Sunstar, who was an ancient sun-based super robot made as a weapon and wanting to destroy everything.
- Meaningful Name: Sun. Star. He's incredibly hot to the touch, to the point where an un-Awake Luna loses a hoof touching him.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He was sealed away in some ancient ruins. Defeating the Stars accidentally woke him up.