- Fiery Red Head: Becomes quite literal once she starts learning Cald fire magics
- Healing Hands: Practices Naroom healing magics. Later learns Cald healing magic too.
- Playing with Fire: Lives in the Cald for awhile after her adventure with Barak in the Core.
- Space Elves
- Theme Twin Naming: While not a twin herself she shares one with her Caldling cousins Eryn and Karyn.
- Ambiguously Brown: like all other Underneathians
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: like most other Underling males
- Dishing Out Dirt: Calls himself the Digmaster and King of Tunnels
- Dumb Muscle
- Heroic Build
- Lantern Jaw of Justice: In the later card art
- Muscles Are Meaningful
- Mushroom Man
- Shout-Out: "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!"
- Space Elves
- Super Strength: In the video game he threw Tony Jones to the top of a two story tower with one hand and rammed down a locked metal door.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Has never been depicted with a shirt in any part of the franchise
- Aliens are Bastards
- Alien Invasion
- Bad Boss
- Bizarre Alien Biology
- Exposed Extraterrestrials: Some of them
- Fantastic Caste System: Each possesses a unique physiology. AGA's make up the lower caste while the upper castes are the GOH's and KEW's
- Eliwan Through Alien Eyes
- Octopoid Aliens
- Species Loyalty
- Starfish Aliens
- The Right of a Superior Species
- The Xenophile
- What Could Have Been: Would have been the primary antagonists of an aborted videogame Magi-Nation: Invasion
A list of characters in the Magi-Nation animated series Magi-Nation.
Tony Jones is the first character we're introduced to in this show and one of our main characters. Seemingly a normal American high school student, Tony finds himself magically transported to the Moonlands to stop an ancient evil. He and his friends must travel the moon and collect the MacGuffins to do it.
Tony is a main character in the video game and the card game. But he's a different character here.
- Adult Fear: Tony's is deeply afraid of losing his grandfather, who was ill in the first season.
- A Boy and His X: Tony with his dream creature Furok to the point that he'd risk the quest to save him.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Blond in the cardgame, brunette here.
- All Take and No Give: How Tony treated Gazean in his second appearance.
- Befriending the Enemy: Tony's the one who proposes that they do this with Chur in Allegiance Lost
- Curtains Match the Window: Tony's brown hair and brown eyes.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Tony sometimes has prophetic dreams.
- Famous Ancestor: Spencer Jones, Sir Anthony, the boy comes from a long line or warriors and heroes
- Heroes Want Redheads: Gets teased about his crush on Trup'Tika.
- Hypocrite: Tony at times, especially during the second season where he got on the others about getting distracted from their quest when him wanting to save his grandpa was a big enough distraction that the Cald hyren refused to join them on their quest for it.
- Lost My Appetite: Really didn't want to eat Styla's home cooking. Mostly because it was moving.
- Never My Fault: Is willfully ignorant of his own distractions.
- Parental Abandonment: Tony's parents are not mentioned at all.
- Raised by Grandparents: Spencer is the only adult relative of Tony's in his life.
- Snark Knight: Even managed to use his snark to ease some tense situations.
- So Proud of You: Gets one from Sir Anthony, Spencer, and Furok.
- Taking Advantage of Generosity: Does this occasionally, most notable during Gazean's second appearance. Also never returned Halstead's blastgloves after borrowing them.
- The Chosen One: With a prophesy to defeat great evil and everything.
- The Chosen Many: It's revealed pretty quickly that he's not the only Final Dreamer. Compounded that his family line has been summoned to the Moonlands to fight evil for generations.
Edyn is another one of our main characters as well as the one who kickstarts the plot and gets Tony summoned to the Moonlands early. Edyn is the group's spellcaster, though it takes awhile before she gets good at it.
- Action Girl: Edyn's not shy about getting in the middle of a fight, even tackling enemy magi.
- A Girl And Her X: Edyn and Ugger have the closest Magi/dream creature bond of the trio, Ugger has many pet names for Edyn including "sweet pea of the forest and essence of all leafy goodness".
- Ambiguously Brown
- Anime Hair: A ridiculously huge perfect ponytail and huge partially face obscuring bangs that never get messed up.
- Badass Bookworm: Kicks all kind of tail, loves books, and practically grew up in a library.
- Black Magician Girl: Edyn has many offensive spells and she likes to use them.
- Daddy's Girl
- Darkskinned Redhead
- Fiery Redhead: Edyn has quite the temper and a strong stubborn streak that lead to her and Tony butting heads in the beginning.
- Garden Garment: Edyn wears a skirt made of living leaves. Belts of living vines are common accessories.
- Green Thumb: Knows a few spells for manipulating plants
- Missing Mom: No mention of any.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead
- Snark Knight: Snarks as much as Tony
- So Proud of You: Gets one from Orwin.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: Edyn was not a fan of Ust's training methods.
- Rapunzel Hair: Edyn has a giant ponytail that hangs down to her midback that has a lot of volume.
- Redhead in Green
- Tank-Top Tomboy
- The Chosen One: Her destiny is to be the leader of the master spellcasters.
- The Chosen Many: One of three magi chosen to be the Final Dreamer.
Strag is the last introduced member of our heroic trio. He's a Shadowstalker, an elite warrior who hunts down shadow magi. Compared to his friends, Strag is level headed and rather quiet.
- A Boy and His X: Strag with his dream creature Freep.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Anime Hair: Two toned, chunky and evocative of dread locs but actually a mushroom cap.
- Badasses Wear Bandanas: A tan one that matches his shirt.
- Bag of Holding: Strag's enchanted gauntlets. He stores all of his animite and relics in them.
- Becoming the Mask: In order to find the Bograth Dreamstone Tony, Edyn, and Strag infiltrate a training camp of shadow magi. Strag tells the others that they have to stay in character every moment lest they be found out. Several hours later his friends start to question if he's still acting. The next day Strag is ready and willing to burn down the huts of innocent villagers and attack his friends after they accidentally blow their cover.
- Berserk Button: Having to work with shadow magi, especially Agram. Anyone harming his family and friends. Wanton destruction of relics.
- Close to Home: Strag seriously looses his cool when Agram tries to turn him into a shadow magi again.
- Curtains Match the Window: Strag's purple mushroom and purple eyes
- Distressed Dude: Out of the three, Strag has been kidnapped, injured, and mind controlled the most.
- Drunk On The Darkside: Once pretended to be on the darkside so hard that he managed to grow fangs. Due to his bloodline connection to the Core he is easily corruptible by Void energy.
- Infamous Ancestor: Agram
- Fangs Are Evil: Has these as a shadow magi
- Heroic Build:The kid is built like a small brickhouse.
- Hope Bringer: Becomes one for the Underneath.
- It's Personal: Strag is not happy with Chur after the business in the Underneath. Also his feelings about Agram all the time.
- Genius Bruiser: Strag is and incredibly muscular teen trained to be a warriors and also quite knowledgeable in tracking, battle strategy, ecology, history, relics, and many other things.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Strag's Piercing Howl Relic is a necklace made of the fangs of several powerful dream creatures that grants its user the howl of whatever fang they touch.
- Manly Tears: After reuniting with his father and when he finds out how the Final Hyren needs to be summoned.
- Mr. Fanservice: Several shots indicate that Strag's this
- Muscles Are Meaningful: Strag is noticeably stronger and heavier than Edyn and Tony.
- Mushroom Man: Like all other Underneathians, Strag has fungus hair as well as fungus incorporated into his clothes and body.
- Nature Hero: Strag lives entirely outdoors after leaving the Underneath and is very serious about protecting the environment.
- Purple Is Powerful: A very very powerful magi. Technically Agram's heir.
- Psychic Powers: His Moonsense that grants him clairvoyance.
- Scarily Competent Tracker: As part of being a Shadowstalker
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: Unless its really really cold
- So Proud of You: Gets one from his parents. He really needed it.
- The Ace: Strag is the champion of the Magi-Dream Creature League. Has the most dream creatures, so many that he can afford to turn down Underneathian creatures who want him as their magi. Can sprint faster than Tony, who is a trained runner. He has also one shotted a minor OlympusMon once without using a dream creature.
- Rousing Speech: Delivers one to all of the Underneath, its especially effective since he brings the missing guardian hyren.
- The Chosen One: Chosen by Chiroptera to save the Underneath.
- The Chosen Many: One of the three magi chosen to be the Final Dreamer.
- The Corruptible: Is especially vulnerable to becoming a shadow magi.
- Hunter of Monsters: Strag and his fellow Shadowstalkers. For Strag it's definitely personal and he has a hatred so strong for Shadow Magi, he's loathe to form truces with them even for the greater good.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Really wants his dad's acceptance.
- You Are What You Hate: Strag hates shadow magi so much because he knows how easily he could become one and how good he'd be at evil.
- Your Approval Fills Me with Shame: Agram's praising of Strag's temper.
Orwin is the leader of Naroom and Edyn's father, though it's never directly stated. He is well respected across the Moonlands and went on many adventures in his youth.
- A Man and his X: Orwin with his dream creature Shirdor. We may not have gotten to see much of their relationship, but you can't refer to another sentient being as "magnificence personified" without a lot of respect and pride.
- Action Dad: Has fought alongside Edyn in battle
- Adult Fear: Orwin's reason for not wanting Edyn to be an adventurer in the first place is that horrible things might happen to her.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Brown in the toon and white/grey in the cards.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Badass Beard: Sports a nice well trimmed goatee and mustache combo.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: He is turned into a Shadow Magi by Korg and Zed using Strag's Allegiance Relic and a Willingness Spell. He is this way for four episodes until he is restored by the Final Dreamers and the other council leaders.
- Composite Character: Of Orwin and Edion from the cards.
- Dragon Rider: Orwin's primary Dream Creature is Shirdor, a dragon like dream creature whom he often uses as a steed.
- FaceHeel Turn: He is forcefully turned into a Shadow Magi by Korg and Zed when they use the Allegiance Relic they stole from Strag, as well as a Willingness Spell. A few episodes later, he is restored by the Final Dreamers and the other Magi leaders.
- Old Retainer: Retains the ability to kick tail even 60+ after an adventure filled youth.
- Over Protective Dad: Especially in the beginning he's rather against Edyn adventuring and sounds near hysterical when Edyn tells Agram that she's the Final Dreamer
- Papa Wolf: Is very protective of Edyn and her friends.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Is willing to listen to suggestion and even defers to the Final Dreamers for certain matters.
- Staff of Authority: Orwin's staff which later turns out to be part of the Realm's Honor relic.
- So Proud of You: Eventually gives one to Edyn.
- The Mentor: To Edyn, Tony, and Strag.
Evu is a good friend of Orwin and takes his place as Elder if he cannot act in his duties. She is Edyn's main teacher in the art of spellcasting as well as being a master spellcaster herself. Evu doesn't fight often but when she has to she is a force to be reckoned with. In addition to to her spells, Evu is a great healer and knows a lot of lore.
- Cool Old Lady
- Gender Flip: Male in the cardgame
- Never Mess with Granny: Evu is no defenseless old woman. If you mess with her you'll have to deal with her Corillian Titan.
- The Mentor: To Edyn
- Trickster Mentor: Evu's idea to teach Tony that he's not stuck in the shadow of his grandfather is to put a spell on the Book of Elders, rendering it useless. Then sending the team to the bottom of the ocean, having Tony be publicly humiliated by a belligerent merman, and let a Kaiju be freed from its can.
Spencer Jones is Tony's grandfather. In his youth he adventured with Orwin and Evu. He is well remembered for his heroics and still has many friends and fans in the Moonlands. There are many statues and reliefs of him in the Deeps of Orothe dedicated to his defeat of the Cawh
- A Man and his X: Was this with Freep in his youth and the two of them are still good friends.
- Badass Mustache: Sports a full mustache and kicks tail.
- Canon Foreigner
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Tony inherited this ability from Spencer.
- Famous Ancestor: Comes from a long line of warriors who helped the Moonlands.
- So Proud of You: Gives one to Tony.
Shimmer is a good friend of Orwin's and one of the few Arderialites who's accepting of outsiders. She teaches at the Wind Academy and specialises in wind magics. After her first appearance she becomes leader of her realm. Like Orwin, Shimmer is a fair leader but if the will of her people is against something she will act to serve them.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Blow You Away
- Giant Waist Ribbon: Nice and flowy, and common Arderial fashion
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Much easier to reason with than her people, and willing to consider evidence and change her mind if wrong.
- The Mentor: To the Final Dreamers, as well as her students at the Wind Academy
Bo'Asha is the leader of The Weave. She's a warrior that takes defending her realm, especially its capital city seriously. In her first appearance she came in conflict when the Dreamers tried to collect the Dreamstone which she and her people had been worshiping as the Precious Haz-Mai.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Cargo Cult: Was in one that worshiped the Dreamstone of the Weave.
- Green Thumb: Control of the grasses of the Weave.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She respects our heroes and enjoys working with them.
- Warrior Monk: Bo'Asha praised the virtues of the Precious Haz-Mai while kicking the Final Dreamers' tails.
Inara is Strag's childhood friend, who stayed behind in the Underneath after Strag left.
- Action Girl: She's only second to Strag as the most powerful magi from the Underneath. In her second appearance, she lead the resistance against Chur's rule in her homeland and disguised herself as a gladiator to rescue defeated gladiators.
- Always Second Best: To Strag but she doesn't seem to mind
- Canon Foreigner
- Dark Action Girl: As a shadow magi
- Honorary True Companion: To the Final Dreamers
- Rebel Leader: Lead the rebellion against Emperor Chur
Gazean is a Weave architect who works deep under The Weave. He is well meaning but can become obsessive in his hobbies.
- A Man and his X: Gazean and his dream creature Bladella.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Canon Foreigner
- Curtains Match The Windows: Light purple hair and eyes
- Fantastic Nature Reserve: Gazean's hideout under The Weave is one. In it he has dream creatures and plants from every region as well as a few magi.
- Green Thumb: Controlling the grasses of the Weave to capture creatures and build devices.
- HeelFace Turn: After being talked down from his plan to save the biota of the Moonlands
- Honorary True Companion: By the time of his third appearance
- It's Personal: The reason he starts hunting shadow creatures.
- Mind-Control Device: Gazean owns one and uses it to control wild dream creatures and magi. It works by placing a magic grass bracelet or band on the target that syncs them up with a control switch.
- People Zoo: Used to own one for conservation purposes
Strag's strict father Strom and his sweet mother Styla. Strag's relationship with his father became strained after he quit playing in the Magi-Dream Creature League. Their relationship got worse after Chur took over the Underneath and Strom became Chur's right hand man. Their relationship got better after Strag learned that his father was helping the hyren stay safe.
- Adult Fear: Styla and Strom are both worried about what the shadow magi might do to Strag if they capture him.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Canon Foreigner
- Family Honor: The reason behind the strain on Strom and Strag's relationship. Strag quitting the Magi-Dream Creature League while undefeated brought the the anger of the town on the family, making life difficult for them. Not only that but Strag's job as a Shadowstalker and his quest to stop Agram is seen as dishonorable due to their blood relationship.
- Happily Married
- House Wife: Styla
- Identity Amnesia: Strom's punishment for betraying Emperor Chur and trying to free his people.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Strom truly loves his son and would disown him for not obeying him. He also can be rude and very dismissive of outsiders.
- Manly Tears: Strom after being reunited with his son and having his memories returned.
- Mushroom People: Like Strag
- Open-Minded Parent: Styla supports Strag no matter what.
- Over Protective Dad: Strom would fix matches where the loser gets enslaved in harsh mining conditions to keep his son safe. Even against his son's wishes.
- Save Your Deity: Strom hid Chiroptera to keep Emperor Chur from getting his hands on her.
- So Proud of You: Strom gets one from Strag. He really needed it.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Strom with his father and grandfather
- Reasonable Authority Figure: As Emperor Chur's second in command, giving people the option to not be enslaved in the mines and have a chance to earn their freedom. Later becomes the leader of the Underneath.
- Rebel Leader: Inara handed the position over to him.
- "Well Done, Dad!" Guy: Strom after Strag decides that he wants nothing to do with him anymore after finding out that Strom had become Chur's right hand man
Trup'Tika is a nice Orothian girl that the Final Dreamers meet on their first trip to the Deeps of Orothe. She's a big fan of Tony's grandfather and quickly makes friends with Tony, Strag, and Edyn.
- Action Girl: Apparent in her second and third appearances. Given a weapon, she leads a slave revolt on a pirate ship where she had been held captive.
- Canon Foreigner
- Girlish Pigtails
- Honorary True Companion: To the Final Dreamers.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: She's a magical blue skinned alien with fin ears who can shapeshift her tail into a pair of legs for walking about on land.
Halstead is a Nar Wanderer who rescued the Final Dreamers when they tried to travel to Nar to contact Orwin.
- Heroic Build
- Honorary True Companion: To the Final Dreamers and always ready to assist them when they're in his neck of the woods.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: Halstead has a similar build to Strag and we get to see him climb up and ice wall with no equipment while racing a giant centipede-like creature.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps
Tony's ancestor who is a medieval knight. Sir Anthony serves the kingdom of Middleton by the Sea and was not happy when the Guardian Hyren of Naroom kidnapped part f the kingdom. The laziness and complacency of his people also got on his nerves.
- Ambiguously Brown: He's not far from Edyn's skin tone and as far as we get to see with his kingdom, it's fairly historically accurate since it contains more than a few non-white individuals.
- Canon Foreigner
- Grey Eyes: Strong willed and ideals first kind of person.
- Horseback Heroism
- So Proud of You: Gives one to Tony as well as knights him.
Venkma and Nelfab are a nice Bograthian couple who live outside of the capital. They are farmers content with their living situation and very kind to outsiders. They assisted the Final Dreamers during the wererodent infestation in Bograth and they knew Edyn's Bograthian great uncle.
Ranger Dex is a Naroomi who works to protect his realm and others from Agram's attacks. He's a prominent member of the Magi Resistance and seems to enjoy working with the Final Dreamers.
- Racelift: Naran in the cards/fiction noticeably not in the toon.
- Trickster Mentor: Loves to teach his students how to come up with creative solutions rather than teaching them stronger spells.
Agram is an ancient and powerful magi who was magically sealed in The Core for spreading chaos and trying to take over the Moonlands.
- Big Bad: Leader of the shadow magi and lord of The Core.
- Big Ham: The man loves showing off his evilness. He even tricks the heroes and their allies to coming to his lair just to have an audience.
- Blind Seer: Agram gave up his sight for the ability to enter people's dreams. He doesn't seem to be much impaired by his blindness for the most part.
- Cleavage Window: Rather distractingly
- Dream Spying: Agram gave up his eyesight for the ability to enter dreams.
- Evil Gloating: He loves to have an audience for it
- Evil Laugh: Gets a lot of use
- Evil Old Folks
- Evil Sounds Deep
- Femme Fatalons
- No Brows: Lost his after becoming a shadow magi
- Pragmatic Villainy: Is very against anyone destroying the Moonlands because he wants to rule it.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When he regains his eyesight it's revealed that they're this color. He's also much more dangerous when he can see.
- Really 700 Years Old: Didn't age a day since he got sealed
- The Corrupter: Judging from the looks and behavior of the bulk of his forces, his preferred targets are teens.
Two bumbling shadow magi. Zed is smarter than Korg but only by a little bit. They are literally his worst minions.
Chur is a shadow magi from Kybar's Teeth. He's competent, intelligent, and dangerous for a shadow magi.
- Adaptational Skimpiness: He lacks a whole pant leg where his female counterpart still had one.
- Bare Your Midriff: To better show his abs
- Because I'm Good at It: One of Chur's reason for wanting to become a shadow magi again after Agram turned him into a regular magi as punishment.
- Bread and Circuses: How Chur rose to power and kept it in the Underneath
- Devil in Plain Sight: As Emperor of the Underneath
- Evil Gloating
- Excessive Evil Eyeshadow
- Fashionable Asymmetry: His arm and leg bands
- Fur Bikini: The best way to describe his outfit
- Gender Flip: Female in the cardgame
- Good Costume Switch: To much a more covering tunic and tights.
- Good Feels Good: To his dismay.
- I Gave My Word: Why Chur still decides go through with his plan to save Tony's grandfather that would wind up with him becoming evil again even after Tony tries to dissuade him from it.
- It Amused Me
- Living Clothes: The fur tail on Chur's bikini bottom often moves against gravity, like an actual tail.
- Mr. Fanservice: Based on some of his poses
- Pragmatic Villainy: Is very willing to work with others to accomplish his goals. Including working with the good guys.
- Sissy Villain
- Spikes of Villainy
- Staff of Authority: Chur wields a magic staff that he channels his spells through, he's also Agram's second in command until Mercenair takes his place.
- Terrible Trio: With Ashio and Warrada
- The Dog Bites Back: Chur ends up striking a blow to Agram's plans for abandoning him.
- The Dragon: Before getting replaced by Mercenair
- Tragic Villain: After the events in Allegiance Lost.
- Tyrant Takes the Helm: Chur as emperor of the Underneath.
- Ungrateful Bastard: In his first appearance and gradually became more grateful the more the Dreamer's helped him.
- Zettai Ryouiki: C grade
Ashio is a shadow magi from The Weave. Like Chur, he's powerful and dangerous but not very smart. Ashio is effectively Agram's third highest ranking minion.
- Dreadlock Warrior
- Evil Gloating
- Giant Waist Ribbon: A big grey one wrapped tightly around his lower torso.
- Gold Tooth: Has one.
- No Brows
- Sleeves Are for Wimps
- Rapunzel Hair: Ashio's cords must weigh a ton.
- Ungrateful Bastard: After Tony shows him how to remove leeches.
- Terrible Trio: With Chur and Warrada
Another one of Agram's top minions. For most of the series she doesn't talk. When she finally gets to be the main villain of an episode its revealed that's she's rather intelligent
A huge three-eyed shadow magi who shows up infrequently.
A shadow magi from Nar. She's a relic expert who doesn't seem to own any dream creatures.
A bounty hunter who works for Agram. He enjoys stealy dream creatures, especially from those he finds unworthy of having them.
- Canon Foreigner
- HeelFace Turn: Has one after being befriended by Tony and having his life saved by him.
- Gentleman Thief
- Mind-Control Device: Uses a control relic to make other people's creatures do his bidding.
- The Hunter Becomes the Hunted: Twice, he first gets on the bad side of the Paradwyn hyren and later is hunted by the shadow magi.
- You Have Out Lived Your Usefulness: He was not happy to find this out from Ashio.
A councilor from Arderial who hates outsiders. He secretly aligned himself with Agram's forces and caused trouble for both his realm and Naroom. He has many followers who embrace his bigoted ideas.
Furok is a very old and very powerful dream creature. He is well respected in the Dream Plane. Furok was the only creature that Spencer could magine in his youth and Spencer passed his animite down to Tony.
- Alternate Animal Affection: Furok nuzzles.
- Animal Chick Magnet: Tony's Heppeswip joined his team just to be close to Furok.
- Catchphrase: "Let the fur fly!"
- Fangs Are Evil: Develops large tusks as a shadow creature
- Mighty Roar
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Furok looks like a bear mixed with a moose.
- Non-Human Sidekick: To Tony. Formerly to Spencer.
- So Proud of You: Gives one to Tony on his improvements since he came to the Moonlands
- Your Size May Vary: Consistently has this problem.
Ugger is and energetic and sweet natured Naroomi creature. He enjoys spending time with his magi and has many pet names for her.
- Adaptation Species Change: This Ugger is a Naroom creature, while in the source material Uggers are Core creatures.
- Catchphrase: "Timber!"
- Green Thumb: Can merge with trees to become larger and stronger
- Planimal: A rhino and leaf critter
- Non-Human Sidekick: To Edyn
- Not Quite Flight: Ugger is capable of this in environments with very tall plant life by using his vines to swing around.
- Vine Swing: Ugger can use his vines to get up and around quickly in the forest or among the super sized grasses of The Weave.
Freep is a scrappy little Underneathian dream creature who loves to fight.
- Barrier Warrior: Uses mostly energy shields in battle. Often as projectiles.
- Catchphrase: "Who's noggin needs knockin'?"
- Everything's Better with Spinning: His shellsaw attack.
- Hot-Blooded: Is very enthusiastic about fighting and teamwork and competitions.
- Miracle-Gro Monster: Temporarily while on an island with a messed up magical field.
- Non-Human Sidekick: To Strag
- Retractable Appendages: The whole turtle package
- Turtle Power
Rokreeper is a fusion of Furok, Freep, and Ugger used to fight Agram after his escape from the Core.
Shirdor is Orwin's primary dream creature. He accompanied the magi in his adventurous youth and continues to fight by his side in the present day of the show. Orwin describes Shirdor as magnificence personified.
A cowardly feline from The Weave that becomes one of Edyn's creatures. The Dreamers encounter Drowl at the junction between the Weave, Naroom, and Paradwyn and save the creature from being attacked by Weave grass. Though Strag gets captured in its place.
The Guardian Hyrens are extremely powerful creatures that are found in each realm. They protect the Dreamstone of their realm from falling into the hands of the unworthy and protect the creatures and people who live in their realm.
- Blow You Away: The Arderial hyren in particular. Winged hyrens can also use this.
- Fusion Dance: To form the Final Hyren, pictured.
- Gaia's Vengeance: The hyrens while protecting their realm.
- Giant Flyer: All of them except for the Cald hyren who's a non-mobile volcano and the Orothe hyren who's a giant squid-like creature.
- Guardian Entity: It's even in their title.
- Green Thumb: The hyrens of Naroom, Paradwyn, and the Weave.
- Krakenand Leviathan: The huge squid-like Orothe hyren
- Make Me Wanna Shout: The Core hyren
- Magma Man: The Cald hyren
- Monster-Shaped Mountain: The enormous Cald hyren
- Olympus Mons: Are much more powerful than ordinary dream creatures. A few like Chiroptera are even worshiped as gods.
- Our Dragons Are Different: The hyrens. Best examples, the guardian hyren of The Weave is a green anthropomorphic chicken, the guardian hyren of Naroom is a winged plant-cat, the guardian hyren of the Underneath is a bat-wyvern, and the guardian hyren of The Deeps of Orothe is a giant squid-like creature. The guardian hyren of Paradwyn is a giant manticore. The Dream Plane hyren is a shapeless spirit that takes on the form of whatever the thoughts are of those who encounter it.
- Physical God
- Physical Religion: The Underneath hyren, Chiroptera, has one based on her.
- Sea Monster: The Orothe hyren
- Secret Test of Character:All of them like to give these and they are not happy if someone breaks their rules.