Nqpppnl ("Napoleon", "Napoleon Edgeworth", "Nipple")The Protagonist of Twitch Plays Pokémon Platinum. He received the starter Pokémon Chimchar from Professor Rowan.
- The Ace: Despite his initial disliking of Pokémon, his final team was the highest level of any previous playthrough, proving that he is a skilled and dedicated Trainer.
- all lowercase letters: The name the mob inputted is all-lowercase.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: If his name really is Napoleon.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Averted. He's been through a lot of filthy situations. On Silent Tuesday, he got stuck in a marsh, dirtying him and his extremely expensive clothes.
- Break the Haughty: What some believe his storyline evolved into.
- Brutal Honesty: He said "No" when asked if he loved Pokémon.
- May be averted after meeting Cheryl. Possibly averted after the visit to the Footprint Doctor.
- Butt-Monkey: His unfortunate name combined with ending up with an unwanted Chimchar (then losing it shortly afterwards) has led him to be interpreted as this. It doesn't help that his character design and his name makes it look like he's trying to be dignified, while his nickname and monkey starter really aren't. See here◊ and here◊.
- The fact that he doesn't like Pokemon in a world completely defined by them doesn't help, either.
- Character Development: Even though he started off not liking Pokémon, this seems to be changing, if the visit to the Footprint Doctor is anything to go by. One interpretation says that he loved Pokémon when he was younger but has an aversion in the present out of guilt. His giving of the Poke Doll to Uxie has finally shown that he really does like Pokemon.
- Character Tic: Napoleon often flips his Trainer's Card in his hand habitually.
- He also obsessively checks how many casino coins he has, as if any have gone missing since 45 seconds ago.
- Classy Cravat: His jagged scarf is interpreted to be one.
- The Comically Serious: Many◊ interpretations depict Napoleon as this.
- Convenient Coma: There are many theories as to why Napoleon went into a coma on Route 216 on the 12th day, with some ideas that it's the effects of the Distortion World, the result of Cyrus winning, or the effects of being overworked by the Mob. Another speculation is that it's the work of Darkrai.
- Covert Pervert / Accidental Pervert: Appears to be either one or the other, having typed out two inappropriate◊ messages◊ thus far on his calculator and drawn something just as questionable◊. Whether this is a sign that he's not as prim and proper as he appears or the result of interference by the voices remains to be seen, although if his Embarrassing Nickname is anything to go by...
- The Dandy: He cares quite a bit about what happens to his clothes.
- Determined Expression: While leaving his Pokémon mid-battle to play the slots.
- Defrosting Ice Prince: If this is any indication.
- Determinator: Deconstructed. His fighting style is highly reminiscent of his gambling vice- no matter how many times he loses, he comes back around with the same lineup in the hopes that the next fight will lead him to victory.
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Nipple." "Nap-kins" when he was younger.
- Establishing Character Moment: Saying "no" when asked if he loved Pokemon colored the run and his character, setting the stage for character development.
- French Jerk: Seeing that this version of Sinnoh has been dubbed "Poke-Canada", he's more akin to a Quebecois Jerk in some fanworks. He has even been shown speaking French at points, and is speculated to be related to the very French host D.
- The Gambling Addict: Depending on who you ask. He does seem to like spending time in Veilstone City's Game Corner, though whether or not he is there to gamble or to dance is any one's question.
- Gratuitous French: Like Fantina, he will sometimes slip into French phrases in fanworks.
- Greed: A major flaw of his.
- Hates Being Touched: A trait often assigned to him by fanon.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners/Vitriolic Best Buds: With Pearl.
- Heroic BSoD: Implied during the 24 Hour down time when the chat was deactivated. The Sun Prophet Solaireon and a wild Sneasel were locked in a heated battle until Dialga supposedly froze time, causing Napoleon to have a mental breakdown from probable boredom. The Mob and his Pokémon are probably trying to snap him out of it while the wild Sneasel looks on in confusion.
- He could also be frozen solid, given the cold climate.
- He is hypothesized to have fallen asleep and is dreaming about the Stadium 2 stream, as well as simply abandoning his Pokémon in the middle of battle to go gamble.
- Jerkass: He lets Dawn do all the work in fighting Team Galactic, then takes the credit.
- Lethal Chef: He is incapable of stirring and doesn't have anyone to cook with, so he always produces the worst Poffins.
- Likes Older Women: One of the letters he writes◊ reveals this.
- Momma's Boy: He visited his mother for Mother's Day.
- After blacking out against Azelf, everyone thought they would get transported back to a Pokémon Center. Instead, Napoleon scurried back to his home, where Mom patched his Pokémon up.
- Napoleon Delusion: For the glory of the empire!
- Noodle Incident: Just how did he get stuck with the nickname "Nipple" anyway? Does it have anything to do with typing 80085 on the calculator?
- Not So Above It All: Unashamedly breaks into dance in the game corner.
- Only in It for the Money: According to one interpretation, he took up completing the national Pokédex for this reason despite his dislike of Pokémon.
- Phenotype Stereotype: Averted. Despite being of French descent, Napoleon is a brunet instead of the expected blond of "westerner" characters.
- Red Baron: Apparently known as "The Young Conqueror".
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Guy: A platonic example where he plays the Savvy role to Pearl's Keet tendencies.
- Serious Business: Averted. Napoleon's world revolves around Pokémon, but he really doesn't like them.◊ The fact that the voices are forcing him to be a Pokémon trainer probably doesn't help.
- The Stoic: More serious than the previous TPP protagonists, perhaps even surpassing Post-TPPR Red.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: Usually portrayed as somewhat handsome in addition to being (generally) older than a typical TPP protagonist, but he has quite the mouth on him.
- Troll: Some believe his slowness in completing his journey is to deliberately mess with Pearl.
- The Unpronounceable: His in-game name, nqpppnl.
- Vague Age: Initially, he's thought to be a Kid Hero, but thanks to his gambling vice some prefer to think of him as a teenager or young adult.
- Voice of the Legion: Apparently his voice evolves into this when he's really desperate◊.
- You No Take Candle: The content of his letters isn't necessarily grammatically correct.
Pearl ("PP", "Pearl Porter", "Pearl Gates")The rival of Napoleon in Twitch Plays Pokémon Platinum. Known for randomly running into Napoleon out of nowhere.
- Alliterative Name: According to one interpretation, the "PP" nickname was a shortened version of his full name.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Some say he's Twinleaf Town's resident loan shark, and apparently has some sort of enforcement on the town. Impressive for a kid who's usually shown running around like a madman and crashing into things.
- Butt-Monkey: Pre-run art showed him to be on the constant end of this to both Dawn and Napoleon. According to some lore, he's also a wanted man.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Downplayed from his characterization in the original games.
- Embarrassing Nickname: It's a bit hard for anyone to take you seriously when you've been nicknamed "PP".
- Dysfunctional Family: In some interpretations, it's implied Volkner served as Pearl's surrogate dad for a while since Palmer was constantly away. He also has an interesting way of bonding with his cousins.
- Foil: To Napoleon in some stories.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Napoleon.
- Keet: Pearl's quite the eccentric.
- Lightning Bruiser: Compared to Napoleon, Pearl is crazy fast in his travel methods and gym defeating streak. Not helping matters is that his endgame 'Mon are on power levels on par with (if not greater than) Red's.
- Money Fetish: Quite the large one, according to one interpretation.
- Mr. Vice Guy: Despite his obvious obsession with money, in-game he's a genuinely caring friend.
- Name's the Same: With Pearl of Pokémon Adventures.
- Nice Guy: Despite his debts, his potential ties to certain money-related groups, and his Money Fetish, he is probably one of the nicest characters in the game.
- Punny Name: Another commonly-used surname for him makes his name a pun on a particular term for Heaven.
- Red Baron: According to his "Wanted!" Poster, it's apparently "Pearl-eyes".
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Guy: A platonic version where he plays the Energetic role to Napoleon's Savvy nature.
- Serious Business: Debts. He will not let Napoleon off the hook about the one he owes.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Apparently, he is the only one in Sinnoh (or the ones he knows of) whose body is not ripped◊.
- Took a Level in Badass: Following his defeat at Jupiter's hands, Pearl was instrumental in defeating her and Mars and even fully healed Napoleon's team afterwards.
- By the end of the game, he and his 'mon can go toe-to-toe with Napoleon.
- "Wanted!" Poster: The reason behind it is unknown, but apparently he has one.◊ Some say it's because he has a gambling addiction.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Another explanation to his effeminate name (Albeit somewhat rarer, headcanon-wise).
DawnProfessor Rowan's assistant and the player character not chosen by the Mob.
- Action Girl: The most competent of the three.
- Badass Adorable / Little Miss Badass: Going from the games, is about her teens.
- Exposed to the Elements: Her outfit exposes her legs, and she has no problem with it, because the cold is for pussies.
- Modesty Shorts: Either wears biker shorts or a wrestling outfit under her coat.
- Real Women Don't Wear Dresses: Averted, for the most part.
- Wrestler in All of Us: It's her preferred way to catch Pokémon.◊
CyrusThe leader of Team Galactic and the main villain of the game, and quite possibly the most difficult evil team boss so far.
- Big Bad: It even seems that Cyrus is a Big Bad for, not only Napoleon and the entire Pokémon Universe, but is also a threat to the Mob, as he has formulated a plan atop the most difficult map in the game as of day 12, inside the most difficult realm to navigate, as well as forcing the Mob to take the very dreaded ledge to get to him, further hindering them. Cyrus has proven to be a test of courage and skill even for the Mob themselves.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Cyrus trounced The Mob at the Distortion World, resulting in their return to Hearthome, and their eventual ascension of the Mount Coronet Ledge a third time.
- Early-Bird Cameo: He is watching us◊.
- Mind-Control Conspiracy: Has now flipped the Reddit upside-down in addition to watching it. It seems Cyrus may be trying to control the Voices.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: On Day 7 he made it so that comments no longer appear for a time, and on Day 10 he made it so only mobile chat users can enter inputs. On Day 11, he made it so no commands could be entered at all.
- Mind-Control Conspiracy: Has now flipped the Reddit upside-down in addition to watching it. It seems Cyrus may be trying to control the Voices.
- Godhood Seeker: One interpretation of his intentions.
- I Choose to Stay: He decides to remain in the Distortion World in order to learn its secrets, so that he may one day come back and attempt to create the "world without spirit" that he desires. He then promptly disappears into the void, never to be seen or heard from again for the rest of the game and afterward. Unfortunately...
- Power Nullifier: He silenced the Voices.
- Took a Level in Badass: Demolished Napoleon in the Distortion World so badly that he ended up ejected from the dimension itself, and he made the Voices afraid of him. Cyrus didn't just take a level, he took several.
Nqpppnl's Team "The Court of The Sun"
- Aerith and Bob: There's '0"☀ ☀0☀☺ ☹, and there's Golbat.
- Flirting and Courtship: More so than any preceding gen there's been a lot of Shipping.
- Lucky Charms Title: Symbols are much more likely to be included in a nickname because of the number of them introduced in the fourth-gen. games.
- No One Gets Left Behind: During the coma of Day 12, Napoleon's Pokémon and the Mob never left his side, holding it out for him. After Napoleon got out of his coma, the Mob and his Pokémon were overjoyed. Maybe the Mob cares about its hosts after all!
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: Yes, even more than in previous generations. In fact, there are entire accounts specifically created to spam B to prevent the evolutions.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: While Sunshine is the smallest member of the party, Sunbrella, Solaireon, and 006 are all 3'3" or shorter and even Steve is only 4'3".
- The Team: Nearly a Five-Man Band, but there's not enough lore to know if Moonbat is intelligent enough to be The Smart Guy
- The Leader: Sunbrella, after Chimchar was released she carried the team through the early days and has consistently been the most reliable fighter
- The Lancer / The Atoner: Solaireon, the one the voices had the most mixed feelings towards, and the most brooding and angsty, as he's trying to break the Curse of Fire. Has since proven himself by sweeping at least one gym, and becoming the highest leveled member of the team
- The Big Guy / The Hype Man: Steve, as the defensive tank, a super soldier, and a man of a few words. He gets the crowd going.
- The Smart Guy: Moonbat is the most underleveled member of the team, but using guile and tactics, such as confusing his opponent and staying away from the direct fight, greatly helps him in carrying his weight.
- The Chick: Sunshine, the weakest fighter because of her inability to evolve, has a lot of shipping with The Lancer, and generally a positive attitude and is supportive of the team's endeavors.
- The Sixth Ranger: 006, the last member of the team, a special agent recruited late to help carry over water and rocky terrain. An outsider who incited a lot of controversy when she got with Solaireon.
- The Unpronounceable: Some of the team has names made out of symbols.
!☂!!☀! !:1 the Roserade ("Queen Sunbrella")
A female Roserade with Poison Point. Was instrumental in defeating Pearl's Piplup outside of Jubilife City. She is Lonely, likes to thrash about, and likes spicy food. In what can only be described as a miracle, she finally evolved into a Roselia on Day 4. After finding a Shiny Stone on Iron Island, the Mob used it to evolve her into her final form of Roserade.
- Badass Adorable: This one speaks for itself. Sunbrella has single-handedly carried the team on multiple occasions.
- Cool Loser: Despite taking down Gym leaders and Team Galactic members, when Napoleon entered her in a Cool contest she came in dead last.
- Convenient Miscarriage: She laid a Budew egg with a male Roselia, but it was taken away by the Daycare Man and eventually erased from existence.
- Dance Battler: Petal Dance, which is also a Dangerous Forbidden Technique. Shared with Cabbage the White from the Emerald run.
- Green Thumb: Budew is a Grass-type Pokemon, and used her powers to great effect against Roark and Pearl's Piplup.
- The High Queen: Often referred to as the queen by the mob given that she managed to make it to her final evolution.
- I Can't Dance/Performance Anxiety: During the Dance Competition of the aforementioned contest, she comes last (despite having Petal Dance).
- The Leader: Has finally taken her place as this after a lengthy time spent in the PC.
- Lucky Charms Title: Responsible for her nickname.
- Life Drain: Knows Absorb. This has allowed her to fight against much stronger Pokemon, like Roark's Cranidos.
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: Wasn't able to evolve into Roselia despite long being capable of doing so thanks to people spamming B every time she levelled up.
- Averted on Day 4 when a miracle provided by a Rare Candy allowed her to evolve into Roselia. And again on Day 10 when she evolved into Roserade.
- Poisonous Person: Her ability poisons those who come in contact with her.
- Standard Status Effects: Poison with her ability and paralysis via Stun Spore.
- Something About a Rose
- Spiritual Successor: To Zexy, a lonely team leader with roses. In addition, her trainer is also apparently French.
- Team Mom: Serves as one to the group especially to Sunshine.
Bronzong ("Steve", "Bronzonger", "Liberty Bell", "Captain America")
A Bronzong. It is Impish, often dozes off, and likes sour food. Evolved from Bronzor during the final hour of Day 10, while the main chat was broken and only mobile chat was accessible.
- Alone Among the Couples: Every other Pokémon on the team is shipped with someone, some way, some how. Bronzong, however, does not have anyone to be shipped with.
- Asexual: Bronzong is not attracted to any of its teammates because it has no gender.
- However, since Bronzong are normally able to breed with Ditto, biological sex might not have anything to do with romance.
- The Determinator: Held on to defeat Fantina's team with only 1HP left.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: It beat Giratina.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: As a Bronzor, moonlit as Captain America's shield from time to time.
- No Biological Sex: Much to the chagrin of shippers.
- No-Sell: To one of its weaknesses, Ground, thanks to Levitate. And naturally to Poison.
- Phrase Catcher: └(oѪo)┘ RAISE YOUR BRONZONGERS └(oѪo)┘
- Power Floats: A Psychic-type bell that levitates.
- Psychic Powers: Knows Extrasensory and Future Sight.
- Stone Wall: Fire is its one and only weakness and its defense values are excellent, but its attack is really, really lacking. On top of that, its nature increases Defense but reduces Special Attack (and all of its attacks are special...) This issue was reduced when it evolved, since Bronzong gets a pretty significant boost to offense.
- Super Soldier: Even though Shinx caught Pokérus, it was attributed to Bronzor. Since its early nickname was Steve anyway, it was too easy to associate it with Captain America.
- Those Two Guys: It's one with Moonbat, due to the two getting ignored by Voices quite a bit, and their lack of involvement in the shipping.
Golbat ("Moonbat", "The Count", "Dracula")
A male Golbat. He is Docile, somewhat vain, and happily eats anything. Evolved from Zubat on day 5, making him the first member of the team to evolve without the aid of a stone or Rare Candy.
- Big Little Brother: The lowest-leveled member of the party and one of two members who isn't fully evolved, but at 5'3", he's the largest member of the team.
- Blow You Away: Not only is secondary type but also has the move Air Cutter.
- Death Glare: The bat has Mean Look.
- Determinator: He survived a STAB Sunny Day Fire Blast from Pearl's Rapidash.
- Life Drain: Knows Leech Life.
- Love Interest: Possible, as Shinx (heartbroken from Solaireon's betrayal of her love) and himself fought together in the Resort Restaurant, sparking a shipping between two underevolved Pokémon that won't ever be let evolved, it seems..
- Our Vampires Are Different: In one extremely suspicious situation, Moonbat fainted immediately after being exposed to sunlight.
- Poisonous Person: Primary type.
- Razor Wind: Air Cutter and Air Slash.
- The Other Darrin: Sometimes mistaken for Happybat, who remains in the PC.
- The Power of Friendship: What is needed in order for it to evolve into Crobat.
- Those Two Guys: He's part of a duo with Steve, due to the two getting ignored by Voices quite a bit, and their lack of involvement in the shipping.
- Took a Level in Badass: Trounced both Lucario and Machoke in order to beat Maylene.
- Weak, but Skilled: He is only in his second form and he is the most underleveled member of the team, but he has extremely good moveset with absolutely no bad attacks, which helps him greatly in battle.
Flareon ("Sola(i)reon", "Sun Prophet/God/King", "Curse Breaker", "Ashbringer", "True Prophet", "Flame Jesus")
A male Eevee received from Bebe, who got him from Bill. Since the mob was able to acquire both the Fire Stone and Water Stone, they decided to let random anarchy inputs choose what Eevee evolved into, and ended up with a Flareon. He is Hasty, often scatters things, and likes sweet food. Believed by some to be a prophet of Old Amber.
- Expy: He's named after Solaire from Dark Souls, and even shares a possible background origin.
- However, some spell his name without the "i", which makes his name have the prefix "Solar" instead of a relation to this character.
- Foil: To Sunshine - while she was not allowed to grow up, he managed to evolve almost immediately after being received, and then shot up in levels while in Iron Island.
- History Repeats
- Lineage Comes from the Father: Saved gameplay data after Cynthia was beaten revealed that 006's egg hatches with Solareon's Rock Smash. Further testing showed that if Solareon and Sunshine had an egg, it would've inherited his signature move, Fire Fang.
- Love Redeems: A lot of people have actually been giving Flareon a chance, and let it stay on the team. So far it hasn't proven well, as it still only knows Eevee's moves, but only time will tell if he will truly be able to vindicate the legacy of the original False Prophet.
- Now it's looking more and more like he will, as he's grown to the point where he can access some of his most powerful STAB moves (Fire Fang and Fire Blast) and is overall second-strongest on the team.
- Now that Flareon has performed a perfect sweep on Candice's Gym, not even giving the Gym Leader a chance to retaliate, Flareon redeemed the actions of the False Prophet, and has ascended to Godhood as the Sun God.
- Mon Bites Mon: He learned Fire Fang, which has the added bonus of burning the opponent. As it is the strongest physical attack of his type that he can learn, it is considered his Signature Move.
- Playing with Fire: A Fire Type Pokemon, and knows Fire Blast and Fire Fang. Interestingly, he is the first notable Fire-type Pokémon used by Twitch who actually learned any Fire attacks stronger than Ember.
- Plot Armor: On Day 9 he was given an Air Mail, which protects him from being released/killed by the PC.
- Redemption Quest: Hopes to break the "Curse of Fire" that is said to have resulted in the releases of several beloved Fire-type Pokemon. That his actions may vindicate those of the False Prophet is an added bonus.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Unfortunately, as seen in Twitch Plays Pokémon Black, it is shown that his efforts to break the curse were all for naught. Tepig (the fire starter) ended up released along with the entirety of the original team.
- Of course some maintain that the "Curse Of Fire" is about releasing Fire starters rather than Fire Pokémon in general, some even pointing out that the Slugma and the Ponyta they caught which weren't released, and thus believe that Solaireon never actually broke the curse to begin with.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Unfortunately, as seen in Twitch Plays Pokémon Black, it is shown that his efforts to break the curse were all for naught. Tepig (the fire starter) ended up released along with the entirety of the original team.
- Save The Entire Pokémon Universe: When Flareon beat Cyrus in the Distortion World (or, according to the Mob, did most of the work), he stopped his plans to reboot the universe, thus basically saving the entire universe as we know it. Talk about vindicating the False Prophet!
- Second Coming / Spiritual Successor: Bears the likeness of the False Prophet from Red, though lore has established his personality as similar to Burrito from Crystal in that he seeks to redeem the mistakes of the past.
- Spell My Name with an "S": "Solaireon" or "Solareon"? Lore-wise, some believes "Solaireon" and "Solareon" are two different entity.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Between the debate of what Eevee should evolve into, to Flareon being the second coming of False Prophet to break the Fire Curse, to the love triangle arc, to becoming the highest leveled team member, once he joined he overshadowed everyone else in the lore. It's still debated whether he or The Leader Sunbrella should be officially seen as the signature mon of the run.
- Super Speed: Quick attack.
- Super Strength: Able to shatter rocks to pieces and move immense boulders.
- Took a Level in Badass: For a good while, Flareon wasn't all that useful in battle, being underleveled and having a poor moveset, most notably lacking a Fire attack. Learning Fire Blast was a good first step, but it was the training session with Riley that really did wonders, as he went from level 33 to level 50 in just a few hours. Learning Fire Fang, Strength and Rock Smash helped too, letting him take advantage of his huge Attack stat and giving him added utility in the field.
- Your Cheating Heart: Got intimate with Bibarel and produced a Bidoof egg despite his established relationship with Shinx.
- Considering the Day-Care Couple promote Pokémon Breeding, it may not have been willingly...
A female Shinx. Her nature is Hasty, she often dozes off, and she likes sweet food.
- Actual Pacifist: She lost all her damaging moves, so she was shucked into the daycare in hopes she will learn some there.
- Born Lucky: She contracted Pokerus and passed it to the rest of her team.
- Born Unlucky: Steve the Bronzong benefited more and was credited for the Pokerus spread over her, her love life is screwed over, and by the time the run first reached the Elite Four, she has developed an inferiority complex over being unable to evolve.
- Can't Catch Up: Evolutionwise at least. It's a topic of much depression.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Often gets depicted in lore as this.
- Cute Kitten: The mob certainly thinks so.
- Death Glare: Leer and Scary Face.
- Foil: A complete contrast to the last cat in the mob's party, the Communist Chairman Meow Zedong.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Many comics and artworks (including her current picture) depict Sunshine as having fully black hind paws. However, only male Shinxes have this trait. Females have blue hind paws.
- I Can't Dance: Does barely better than Sunbrella in a Smart Contest.
- Life of the Party: Partying like it's 10 PM.
- Getting cuckolded put a damper on her enthusiasm.
- Likes Older Men: It's generally accepted that she's the youngest member of the team, but she's in a relationship with Solaireon. Some fanworks that have multiple runs' Pokémon interacting have had someone get the wrong idea about Solaireon due to this.
- Love Interest: For Solaireon. After Solaireon and 006 got it on, leaving Sunshine heartbroken, it's possible that Sunshine and Moonbat might be falling for one another after the battle at the Resort Restaurant, but the thought was quickly dropped.
- Forgiven, but Not Forgotten: Solareon is still depicted as her interest in lore afterwards. However, it's likely now she's starting to become much more careful as opposed to what was considered unyielding faith before the Daycare incident.
- Lucky Charms Title: Her name consists of multiple sun symbols, which people interpret as her name being "Sunshine"
- Mood-Swinger: Often depicted cheerful, cute and endearing, using Scary Face, or outright violent, especially after the Day Care incident. The happy face and angry face in her name seem to indicate that bit of characterization.
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: Similarly to Sunbrella and the rest, her every attempt at evolution was thwarted by legions of B spammers. Unlike the rest, however, this persisted right through to the end of the run, being the only first-stage Pokemon left by the time the Mob defeated Cynthia.
- Nightmare Face: Despite being a cutie, she possesses one hell of a Scary Face.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: She is weaker than she should be due to her arrested evolutions. Stuck in a party of fully evolved mons and being forced to push herself beyond her limits just to convince the Voices to let her stay on the team, she feels herself to be worthless, especially when compared to Agent 006, who took her first love to boot.
- Shock and Awe: Used to know Spark, and later learned Discharge and Thunderbolt.
- Spiritual Successor: Hijinks had a hasty nature and the Truant ability which made it literally doze off in battle every other turn. Sparkles apparently dozes off during downtime only.
- Stepford Smiler: Has crippling self-esteem problems, but hides them behind a facade of her old childlike cheeriness, as she feels she can't conduct herself more maturely stuck in a juvenile form like she is.
- Sweet Tooth: Likes sweet food.
- Comfort Food: Would binge quite a bit when the Mob halts her evolution and immediately tries to blame her for being so weak and demands to box her.
- The Load: Although she's high-leveled, due to being unevolved her stats are horribly weak. This is the justification trolls give for preventing her evolution, ignoring the fact that their early b-spamming was what hobbled her stat growth in the first place, and wanting to see her deposited or released, with the added fact that Luxray is one of the worst Pokemon competitively and is also mostly useless against the Pokemon League, who have mostly resistances and immunities to Electric attacks.
- Tsundere: Type B. She appears cute and bubbly on the outside, but her moveset consists of stuff like Roar and Scary Face.
00 00 06 the Bibarel (Agent 006)
A female Bibarel caught to learn Surf, Rock Climb and Waterfall after another Bidoof that failed to evolve was ultimately released. She is Hasty and likes sweet food.
- Irony: The trolls took to Reddit proclaiming victory and the end of TPP. The most common response? "We caught a Bibarel."
- Karma Houdini: Though the blame for the Egg Scandal was initially all on her, it eventually subsided when she proved her usefulness during the Elite Four. The blame and burden of the egg was eventually shifted almost entirely onto Solareon, and she returned to the agency for more missions after Napoleon became Champion.
- Kavorka Man: Gender inverted, Bibarel's usual design isn't flattering, but she still managed to get on with Flareon.
- Making a Splash: Is not only her secondary type, but she also knows the move Surf and Waterfall.
- Overt Operative
- Passing the Torch: Was captured after Beta Bidoof was released on the 8th Day.
- Secret Agent
- Shock and Awe: After accidentally learning Shock Wave, which was meant for Sunshine.
- It didn't last for longer than an hour, when she leveled up and learned Hyper Fang.
- Superhero: When she learned Superpower, some proclaimed she is one.
- Took a Level in Badass: The mon caught for the sole purpose of being an HM slave -and ironically sparking that whole controversy with Solareon- ended up sweeping Flint with ease.
- Of course, sweeping Flint is a snap because of Bibarel's type advantage. It's when she all but destroys Lucian's team that 006 proves her worth to the team: giving them their first victory over the final member of the Elite Four, and earning their first battle against Cynthia.
- You Are Number 6
- Actual Pacifist: Upon hatching, her only moves were Growl and Charm, neither of which did damage.
- Attention Whore: Much like Marc knows the move Follow Me.
- Grounded Forever: Left in the daycare in favor of a Zubat due to its low level and pessimism over evolving into Togetic with the B-spammers. Further the mob is in agreement of evolving Roserade over Togekiss with the one pre-Elite Four Shiny Stone.
- Hero of Another Story: Fanart shows Togepi having her own story while in daycare, which Napoleon was only a small part of.
- Human Sacrifice: In order to obtain her, a Pokemon had to be deposited.
- Interface Spoiler: Her species and gender were revealed before she hatched by the stream interface.
____☺ .~ ♥ the BidoofA male Bidoof. He is Modest, capable of taking hits, and likes dry food.
- Com Mons
- Dead Artists Are Better: Back when he was in the team, he was just "the Bidoof". Now that he is in the PC, presumably never to return, he is being hailed as a hero.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He was deposited so the Mob could get the Togepi Egg from Cynthia, and the Bike. Without his sacrifice the game couldn't be continued.
- Took a Level in Badass: After a long period of being Cannon Fodder, he has leveled up enough to hold his own in battle, though he still is far from strong.
A the KricketotA Kricketot that found itself on Napoleon's team.
☺;;; ♥' the Zubat ("Happybat")A rather cheerful male Zubat.
Master Geodude the GeodudeA Geodude captured with the Master Ball.
Bidoof EggAn egg produced by Bibarel and Flareon whilst they were in the daycare together.
StarlyA female Starly. The first wild Pokemon captured by Napoleon.
BidoofA male Bidoof captured by the Mob on Route 201.
0 DB666K06 the Bidoof ("Satandoof)A female Bidoof captured on Route 201.
AA UU?↓↓☉ the ShinxA female Shinx.
AA the KricketotA male Kricketot.
60OGGOO6♀g the Shinx.A male Shinx.
StarlyA male Starly.
0♪ the BronzorA Bronzor.
ChinglingA male Chingling.
☹*011O0 the MedititeA male Meditite.
(unknown) the ZubatA female Zubat.
A2 2?♦♣☂♦♦ the GastlyA female Gastly.
GastlyA female Gastly.
- Only One Name: Averted for now, as the mob cannot decide which to name Croagunk.
MedititeA female Meditite caught at Mt. Coronet.
GravelerA female Graveller caught on Route 211.
MedititeA female Meditite.
FNRPVDUAX the MachopA male Machop.
BB Hpf~( the GeodudeA male Geodude.
StaraviaA female Staravia.
ChimcharThe female starter Pokémon chosen by the Mob.
- Foregone Conclusion: Immediately after choosing Chimchar, the Mob started taking bets on how long it would be before she got released.
- History Repeats: Haven't we seen Twitch release fire-type starters before?
- Playing with Fire
- Arguably in another sense too, considering what happened to the other two Fire-type starters.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: 11 hours in Chimchar succumbed to the curse of fire, and was released.
1 00RR0000 the Bidoof ("Oreo")A Bidoof whose name was an incomprehensible string of numbers. He was the first casualty of the run.
BidoofA nameless Bidoof released while attempting to withdraw Budew.
nppmwB9♢Im the Bidoof ("Nappaw", "Betadoof", "Second Bidoof")A female Bidoof that was caught around the same time as Bigdoof. She was a member of the team for days, but was released on day 9 in an attempt to PC swap her for a Bibarel.
- Com Mons
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: "Bidoof" is usually referring to ____☺ .~ ♥ , while this Bidoof is stuck being referred to as "second Bidoof" or "Betadoof".
- Passing the Torch: Second Bidoof took the role of... 'Bidoof on the team' after The Bidoof was deposited to make room for Togepi.
- Passed the torch to 006 after being released.
- Rule of Three: The third Bidoof Napoleon has released.
- The Unfavorite: Generally ignored by Napoleon in favor of the first Bidoof. After Bigdoof went into the PC, they realized they needed her for to use HM moves down the line.
Giratina (God of Antimatter, "Lord Giratina", "Discord", "President Giratina", "Satan Snake")
A mysterious Pokemon that resides within a world of its own: the Distortion World. It is said to be connected to Dialga, the God of Time, and Palkia, the God of Space, with itself being the God of Antimatter.
- Eldritch Abomination
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Because of the nature of the Distortion World and the apparent lack of Helix and Dome, it is thought of that Giratina is the gray area between Helix and Dome, representing a perfectly chaotic order.
- Graceful Loser: It opened a portal to the real world as a reward for being defeated. Although it would await in Turnback Cave after the Mob had defeated the Elite Four for another challenge, the stream shifted to HeartGold version before Giratina could be revisited.
- It is possible, however, that Napoleon might return to Turnback Cave after the Voices leave him to refight Giratina, and capture him.
- Sixth Ranger: If captured, Giratina could have proven to be instrumental in defeating the Elite Four, but the Mob was forced to defeat it due to having no Poke Balls, which were intentionally used on other Pokemon due to trolls spamming the Bag and using the Balls on Cyrus' Pokemon, wasting a turn.
- The Other Marty: Was to be captured with the Master Ball, until a Geodude took its place. While the capture of Giratina was still possible, although somewhat unwanted due to lore, the chances were really slim.
- Troll: It's also the god of trolling. Fitting, considering it's a snake and a certain other god of trolling shares such a serpentine motif.
Tropes applied to all:
- Horsemen of the Apocalypse: One theory depicts the four Commanders as these.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: Another theory, offered by the same person who hypothesized the above, suggests that Mars and Jupiter are the actual Mars and Jupiter from Roman mythology, taking the forms of human women.
Mars (The Bringer of War)A Commander of Team Galactic and Napoleon's first real challenge. Her signature Mon is a Purugly.
- Cats Are Mean: Her Purugly is a nasty piece of work.
- Fiery Redhead
- Lady of War / Red Baron: Nicknamed "The Bringer of War" by fans, after the movement from The Planets by Gustav Holst.
- Wakeup Call Boss: After defeating Roark without much difficulty, Mars stopped the team cold for hours.
Jupiter (Pestilence)A Commander of Team Galactic and Napoleon's second major challenge. Her signature Mon is a Skuntank.
- Lightning Bruiser: Her Skuntank is tanky, fast, and powerful, and has one-hit KOed the entire team several times.
- Meaningful Name: The planet Jupiter is a gas giant, and several gases are sources of pollution on Earth. In addition, skunks are considered pests because their spray leaves a powerful and foul odor in the air.
- Poisonous Person: Her Zubat and Skuntank are both part poison.
- Smelly Skunk: Her signature Pokemon.
Saturn (Famine)A Commander of Team Galactic, and the most loyal to Cyrus' goals. His signature Pokemon is a Toxicroak.
- Meaningful Name: He supervised the mission to bomb Lake Valor. This led to the water drying up, leaving the Magikarp within it without any water to thrive on, causing them to die by asphyxiation.
- Poisonous Person: His Toxicroak is Poison/Fighting.
Charon (The Renewer/Death)A Commander of Team Galactic and the head scientist. His signature, and possibly only, Pokemon is a Rotom.
- The Dragon
- Dragon Their Feet: By the post-game.
- Mad Scientist
- Meaningful Name: He is the fourth commander of Team Galactic. His title of "The Renewer" symbolizes how he attempts to revive Team Galactic in the post-game. He is also the newest member of Team Galactic to be added after the release of the original Diamond & Pearl, just as the movement of The Planets for which he is named is the newest one, created long after Gustav Holst's death.
- The Mole: One theory states that he was this to Interpol during the events of Firered.
- Shock and Awe: His Rotom.
- The Unfought: At no point can you fight him.
CherylThe Stat Trainer in Eterna Forest and the first that Napoleon met. Representing HP, she has a Chansey.
- Stone Wall
- Ship Tease: Some suggested shipping her and Napoleon. So far, there has come nothing of it.
MiraA girl lost in Wayward Cave and the second Stat Trainer encountered. Representing Special Attack, she has an Alakazam.
- Third-Person Person: Speaks in the third person.
RileyA mysterious man from Iron Island and the third Stat Trainer encountered. Representing Attack, he has a Lucario.
RoarkThe first Gym Leader of Sinnoh. Roark specializes in Rock-type Pokémon.
- Badass Family: Son of Byron.
- Dishing Out Dirt
- Spiritual Successor: To Roxanne, both being the first Gym Leaders of their regions, using Rock-types, and crushing the protagonist time and time again.
- Stone Wall: As always, the prevalence of Normal-type moves among the party makes dealing with Rock-type gyms rather problematic, usually dealing only Scratch Damage to Roark's Pokémon.
GardeniaThe second Gym Leader of Sinnoh. Gardenia specializes in Grass-type Pokémon.
FantinaThe third Gym Leader of Sinnoh. Fantina specializes in Ghost-type Pokémon.
- The Dreaded: The Mob has a notable hatred of Ghost-type Trainers because of the type's natural resistance to physical moves, and the frequency of moves like Destiny Bond, Perish Song, and Curse.
- The Maze: Her Gym in Platinum is like this. In the dark.
- Spiritual Successor: To Agatha, Morty, Phoebe, and Lorelei. She will likely be just as difficult to beat.
MayleneThe fourth Gym Leader of Sinnoh. Maylene specializes in Fighting-type Pokémon.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: She spars with Fighting-type Pokemon.
Crasher WakeThe fifth Gym Leader of Sinnoh. Wake specializes in Water-type Pokémon.
ByronThe sixth Gym Leader of Sinnoh. Byron specializes in Steel-type Pokémon.
CandiceThe seventh Gym Leader of Sinnoh. Candice specializes in Ice-type Pokémon.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Despite her Gym being a nuisance to get through, Candice herself was destroyed by the Mob's Flareon.
- An Ice Person
VolknerThe eighth and final Gym Leader of Sinnoh. Volkner specializes in Electric-type Pokémon.
The Elite Four in General
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: A man who has a presumably unhealthy obsession with bug-type Pokemon, an Earthbender that looks suspiciously like Queen Elizabeth II, A Fast Food Clown who uses fire pokemon, and a Psychic bookworm.
AaronThe first of the Sinnoh Elite Four. Aaron specializes in Bug-type Pokemon.
- Blackmail: Upon deciding that he doesn't want to work with Bill anymore in HeartGold, Bill threatens him and Bebe with being blacklisted from academia, as well as framing Aaron's mother for the drunk driving killing of a child if he decides to rebel.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Specializes in Bug types.
- Horrible Judge of Character: According to the lore he's being backed by Bill, unknowing of his true nature.
- Stone Wall: His Vespiquen has foiled numerous runs due to knowing Defend Order and Heal Order. If the mob isn't able to kill it quickly, they usually end up losing several party members to it.
BerthaThe second of the Sinnoh Elite Four. Bertha specializes in Ground-type Pokemon.
FlintThe third of the Sinnoh Elite Four. Flint specializes in Fire-type Pokemon.
LucianThe last of the Sinnoh Elite Four. Lucian specializes in Psychic-type Pokemon.
CynthiaThe Sinnoh Champion. Cynthia uses a powerful multi-type team with perfect IVs.
She reappears in Black 2, as the sole resident of one of Caitlin's private villas in Undella Town.
- But Thou Must!: Played darkly. Proceeding through the game required the Bike, but Cynthia wouldn't allow Napoleon to get one until he accepted her Egg into his party. Unfortunately for him, this required going to the PC and attempting to store one of his Pokemon.
- The Dreaded: Cynthia is notorious for being difficult to beat no matter how experienced you are, with her multi-typed team giving even hardcore veterans a tough time. To put in perspective how terrified The Mob is at the idea of facing her in unorganized Anarchy, they were already drawing up battle plans when they hadn't even reached Blaine, halfway through the previous game.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: She uses multiple types of Pokemon with wide move coverage, making them able to counter all of their weaknesses.
Looker ("David Tennant")A man with a strange manner of speaking and a bad tendency to yell out that he's an undercover member of the International Police.
BebeSinnoh's PC admin.
- Affably Evil: Unlike Bill and Lanette, she's being portrayed in lore as a genuinely nice person who just so happens to be in charge of the Eldritch Abomination that is the PC system.
- Agent Scully: Doesn't seem to actually believe in the Mob, believing the voices to be a medical condition, almost to the point of Flat-Earth Atheist.
- A Spot Of Tea: She seems to enjoy the drink.
- Hikikomori: She's a shut-in who prefers to video chat with important figures such as the Elite Four instead of attending social gatherings. Given that she's trying to find a way to control the PC, can anyone blame her?
- Make Way for the New Villains: Subverted when everyone thought she'd be the new Big Bad; she's actually on the good side and trying to fix the PC.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After giving away Eevee.
Pearl's EmpoleonPearl's starter, the one the Mob originally wanted for themselves.
RoseliaA male Roselia caught and deposited into the daycare during a daycare shuffle, and the father of Sunbrella's egg. He was erased when the game froze and was reset.
Missing NO. "Missingdonger"Doesn't actually appear, but a glitch that occurred made the Mob remember him.
- Black and Grey Morality: Two of Missing NO.'s sprites are of a fossilized Aerodactyl and Kabutops, both respectively being Amber and Dome, members of the Twitch Plays Pokémon Lore next to Helix. He could be seen as the end means of Amber and Dome, the two perhaps sharing a same fate.
- Continuity Cameo: Missing NO. did not appear in Twitch Plays Pokémon Red, but might have made a brief cameo in Twitch Plays Pokémon Platinum when a minor graphical glitch occurred.
- Lady Not-Appearing-in-This-Game: Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Let's-Play: Invoked by the Mob's cries when a graphical glitch appears on-screen, since it looks like Missing NO., but he is not actually there.
A trio of fairy-like Pokemon that represent aspects of the human spirit. Cyrus captures them in order to create the Red Chains to bind Dialga and Palkia, but Napoleon frees them, and they eventually return the favor by helping to break the Chains. This awakens Giratina, and they head into the Distortion World to guide Napoleon further. After Giratina's defeat, they return to their homes and await Napoleon's arrival.
UxieThe Being of Knowledge and Wisdom. It rests in Lake Acuity. Napoleon fought it and used a Pokédoll to flee from it.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Was given a Poke Doll by Napoleon, and it immediately took it and teleported away.
- Eyes Always Shut: Its eyes are never seen opened because anyone who looks at them has all of their memories erased.
- It Was a Gift: Rather than capture it, Napoleon decides to give it a Poke Doll after remembering what Uxie has been through the past few days.
- Sleepyhead: Due to its eyes always being closed, lore has interpreted it as taking a preference to sleeping.
MespritThe Being of Emotion and Benevolence. It rested in Lake Verity, and now roams Sinnoh after being encountered by Napleon.
- "Get Back Here!" Boss / Troll: It likes to tease, as evidenced when it runs away as soon as Napoleon encounters it.