aoooo ("Ao(-chan)", "Aurora", "Aoi")The protagonist of Twitch Plays Pokémon HeartGold. A young girl from New Bark Town. She chose Trapinch as her starter.
- Achilles' Heel: Ladders.
- all lowercase letters: The name the mob inputted is all-lowercase.
- Ambiguously Bi: She gets shipped with Joey, Sabrina, and 4 (whatever 4's gender is).
- Bad Liar / Consummate Liar: Some stories suggest that she made up the fact that she was a werewolf. How much people believe her depends on the story.
- Break the Cutie: Some interpretations of Kenya's release is her breaking down. Even in game, the chat froze shortly after Kenya's release with lore pointing that she fell into a Heroic BSoD.
- Character Tic:
- Ao, like Napoleon before her, often flips her Trainer Card.
- She has an obsession with trees that borders on the fanatical.
- She also repeatedly checks her Fashion Case.
- Listening to the Radio and rapidly changing stations.
- Contrasting Sequel Main Character: To AJ, as while he was on a journey to kill the gods, Aooo is on a journey to restore them.
- Cute Little Fangs: She's often drawn with these, especially when agitated—appropriate due to her oft-mentioned wolf-based nature.
- Delayed Reaction: Ao rarely picks up her phone on the first or second ring. She often fails to answer phone calls entirely because she'll enter a new location or go to the menu before the new inputs to click the phone are registered. Missed calls from Joey usually causes riots among the Mob.
- Dishing Out Dirt: After reaching Ecruteak, the party has always been at least 4/6 Rock and or Ground type Pokemon. Her team has more-or-less stayed Ground/Rock past the Elite Four.
- The Fashionista: Ao loves her Fashion Case and checks it frequently.
- Heroic BSoD: After losing Kenya.
- Humanoid Abomination: Looks fairly human, but has various powers that imply she's not of this world.
- The Illegible: Ao's trainer card has some sort of chickenscratch on its signature area. Made fun of here.
- I Have Many Names: The Mob is still at odds as to what her 'real' name is.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": It has been suggested that, if her birth name is Aurora, she absolutely despises it. Which is why she primarily goes by the names 'Aoooo', 'Ao', or 'Aoi'.
- Intercontinuity Crossover: In Lavender Town, Ao-chan is thought to have seen a temporal imprint of Red, who was talking to a child about ghosts. According to this interpretation, when Ao-chan reached out to touch Red to see if he was real, the child spotted Ao-chan's hand, and mentioned it to Red as a ghost's hand.◊
- Also according to this interpretation, Bird Jesus has the ability to see the future, or at least, apparitions of it, as he was startled to see the translucent forms of Ao and Vibrava appear behind them.
- Invisibility: Has this ability, since sometimes the game glitches out and hides the character sprite.
- Little Bit Beastly: Sometimes depicted with wolf ears, fangs, and a tail.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After releasing Kenya, she just stares at a wall for a couple of minutes.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Said to be a werewolf, due to her name and the fact that she hails from New Bark Town. It's played for cuteness (see Little Bit Beastly) more so than horror.
- Played for laughs when it's hypothesized that she only acts like a werewolf because she likes wolves that much.
- Some attribute the recurring glitching of the game to her werewolfness. Whenever there's a sprite glitch, the chat erupts with howls.
- Pals with the Pantheon: Aooo has at one point or another had an incarnation of Skull, Armor, Root, Dome, and Helix fossils on her team.
- Perpetual Poverty: Ao's been losing her money more easily than she earns it, either by losing battles or by buying things she doesn't need (and sometimes then tossing those items). She also buys things, then sells them back at half price.
- Meaningful Name: In Japanese, one of her possible names (Aoi) can use the character for "mountain". Given that Alice has taken Red's place at the end of the game, she's bound to climb one.
- And if her name is Ao, then she's technically the new Blue.
- Missing NO.: Due to the game experiencing graphical glitches rather often, Aurora is sometimes shrouded in a blocky mess of pixels that resemble the infamous MissingNO. glitch. Because of this, it's often assumed that the Mob is taking the form of a Missing NO. in this run.
- The Movie Buff: If one can get anything from this, it seems that she likes horror movies, mainly werewolf and giant monster movies. This may be reflected in her naming and the fact that she has had a Larvitar and Groudon.
- Red Baron: "The Werewolf Woman of Johto".
- Simultaneous Arcs: If Copycat is to be believed, Red gave her the toy Pokédoll three years ago. Likewise, AJ's arc takes place three years after Red. Therefore, Ao and AJ's arcs take place around the same time.
- Temporal Paradox: If this is true, and Alice is indeed on Mount Silver, then Alice is either a time traveler, or FireRed does not take place in the future.
- Verbal Tic Name: If Ao is her real name, it's likely it's based off of a howl.
- The Unpronounceable: Subverted. While her name is fairly pronounceable, no one's exactly sure how to pronounce it.
- Walking Wasteland: She can cause the world around her to glitch uncontrollably.
- Wild Child: If not one now, then a former one.
Ao's rival, a red-haired boy from New Bark Town. He stole his first Pokemon from Professor Elm, hates Team Rocket for their weakness, and is revealed to be Giovanni's son. His starter is an Aipom... or rather, was; it would seem that 4 had since replaced his Starter with Houndoom, which he proceeded to replace yet again with a Kricketot.
- Ambiguous Gender: Fans are split on whether 4 is a boy or a girl. Though the scale seems to be tipping in favour of the fairer sex.
- Dark Is Evil: His second starter is Houndoom, a Fire/Dark type.
- Embarrassing First Name: Was almost named "♀".
- Four Is Death: Quickly became associated with this after his naming. It could also explain why he was almost named ♀, since the "death" reading of 4 is "shi." Maybe the police officer thought Ao was saying "she" instead.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: His sprite features one (albeit, hard to make out) over his right eye.
- Hypocrite: He chastised Ao for being a thief after she threw a Fast Ball at his Oddish.
- Light Is Not Good: Dresses in white according to his character sprite. He's... not a pleasant person to be around.
- Olympus Mons: Possesses a Registeel, which he used against Clair and Lance during his tag battle with Aoooo at the Dragon's Den.
- One-Letter Name
- Replacement Goldfish: Given that his name is '4' and Giovanni's son was named Silver in Twitch Plays Pokémon Crystal, the implications are pretty horrifying.
- He replaced his Aipom with Houndoom when the game was re-randomized, and then again with Kricketot.
- Shout-Out: Due to his name and appearance, 4 could be a reference to Quattro of Yu Gi Oh Zexal, if not the character himself.
- His team's typing changed to the Ice-type, which is somewhat reminiscent of Rio Kamishiro's Ice-themed deck from the Zexal series, whom Quattro is often paired with.
- Sinister Scythe: Sometimes depicted with one in fanart◊, due to his association with death.
- Villainous Crossdresser: Because 4-chan was almost named ♀, some people are claiming that he's actually a crossdressing girl, possibly made to crossdress in order to emulate the original Silver.
- You Are Number 6: Well, number four, anyway.
- You Gotta Have Red and Yellow Hair
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: 4 replaced his Aipom with Houndoom when the game was re-randomized, and his Houndoom with a Kricketot after it was re-randomized again.
ProtonThe first executive Ao encounters. He's known as the cruelest man in Team Rocket.
- The Mole: Some lore has interpreted him as a double agent for Bill, not really allied with Team Rocket.
PetrelThe second executive Ao encounters. He is a master of disguise...whose disguises never seem to work.
ArianaThe third Executive Ao encounters and the only girl of the group. She used a Masquerain, a Volbeat, and a Shuckle.
ArcherThe final Executive Ao encounters and the interim leader of Team Rocket. He used a Chinchou, a Magnemite, and a Magnezone.
Tropes applying to all leaders
- Blatant Lies: Of course, since the leaders' dialogue about their Pokémon types don't change with the randomizer.
- Combat Pragmatist: Bring out healing items when their Pokémon's health get low.
- Meaningful Name: Their names have all been changed to match their gym's typing.
- Signature Move: Averted for the most part - due to the randomizer, there's a very small chance the leader will actually give a TM to the player that matches a move used during battle.
- Took a Level in Badass: If Aoooo manages to get any of their phone numbers and battles them again, they'll have higher-leveled Pokémon.
Falkner was given the Pokemon Nidoran(Female) and Shellos. Because both Pokemon knew Aqua Jet, it is commonly interpreted he runs a water-type gym. According to lore, he gives trainers the Jet Badge.
- Curtains Match the Window: His redesigned sprite has kept his hair and eye color.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Because Falkner was fought after a randomization but before the Streamer changed to the correct randomized ROM, Falkner was a typeless Gym (though both of his Pokémon gain the Ground-type upon reaching their final evolutionary stage). This led to the interpretation that he was supposed to be either Water- or Ground-type, but he screwed up his party.
- Signature Move: Aqua Jet is seen as this, to the point of his gym being themed off it.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Following the third randomization, Bugsy was given a themed Gym of Ground-types. His ace is a Mamoswine, and he was also packing two Wooper. According to lore he gives trainers the Powers Badge, though Neolith, Hole, and Fossil have also been proposed.
- Adventure Archaeologist: With an...
- Adventurer Outfit: Sprite wears one.
- Cheerful Child
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: He had a Mamoswine on his team in his gym battle when a Swinub normally evolves at 33 to a Piloswine (and Piloswine to Mamoswine after another level-up while knowing AncientPower).
- Dishing Out Dirt: Uses Ground types.
- Phrase Catcher: His Wooper: 卅(◕‿◕)卅 WOOP WOOP 卅(◕‿◕)卅
- Signature 'Mon: Mamoswine.
Whitney was given the Steel-type, despite all her trainers using Psychic/Steel Beldum and Bronzor. Whitney used a Magnemite and Steelix. According to lore she gives trainers the Magnetic Badge.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: From pink to pale green.
- Badass Decay: Not only did Whitney lose her signature 'mon Miltank due to the randomizer, her Pokemon were easily defeated because of Aoooo's newly-acquired Groudon. This incident is what began the arguments among the Mob whether or not to box/release Groudon.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: She didn't stand much of a chance against Groudon, who completely demolished her team.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Uses Steel types.
- Genki Girl
- Mistaken Identity: Often mistaken for Jasmine, considering she essentially stole her type and 2/3 of her Pokemon.
- Recurring Element: Of course, "GUYS, WE NEED TO [X] [Y]".
- Sore Loser: After her team was curb-stomped by Aoooo's Groudon, she (understandably) threw a fit and refused to yield a badge for a while.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Her new sprite keeps her shorts.
- Zettai Ryouiki: And her socks.
Morty was given a Rock-type team. He used Geodude, Omastar, and Onix. According to lore, he gives trainers the Rock Badge.
- Blackout Basement: His gym was so difficult to traverse in anarchy mode due to the narrow pathways (Aoooo only went so far as battling the first trainer before falling into the pit) that that's where democracy was implemented for the first (and curiously, last) time.
- Clone Jesus: His party included an Omastar. It ended about as well for this one as the original Lord Helix.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: Has Omastar, which would normally evolve at level 40.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Uses Rock-types.
- The Dreaded: Not the battle with him, but his gym. The Mob knew from the beginning that they could only navigate the maze in Democracy, and when the time came, it took several Democracy modes to get through.
- Fossil Revival: How else does one have an Omastar on his team?
- In the Hood: His outfit replaces his Scarf of Asskicking with one.
- Badass Mustache
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: His Heracross.
- Masked Luchador: What he has become due to the randomization.
- Meditating Under a Waterfall
- Stout Strength: Still a Fighting-type leader, though his Pokémon have still been randomized so he no longer has a Primeape or Poliwrath.
- Graceful Loser: Unlike the other two female Johto gym leaders, she handed Aoooo a badge immediately after her defeat and was quite good-natured about it.
- Hair Decorations: Blue now instead of orange, and bearing a resemblance to Dragonair's orbs.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: Her primary typing.
- Mistaken Identity / Named After Somebody Famous: Her nickname suggests either, since she was given Dragon-types.
- Signature 'Mon: Altaria, if only because it's the only fully-evolved Pokémon on her team, and Ao's Pokémon has had the hardest time fighting it.
- Sincerest Form of Flattery: The artist of Jasmine's sprite confirmed (sort of) that she's wearing a sky-blue version of Unova gym leader/champion Iris' outfit, without the "floaty sash thingies".
Pryce was assigned to Poison-types. He used an Oddish, a Toxicroak, and a Nidoqueen. According to lore he gives trainers the Poison Badge.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Had his white hair dyed a bright, almost acidic green.
- Bring It: His pre-battle portrait.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: Has a Toxicroak in his lower-30s team, despite Toxicroak normally evolving at level 37.
- Eyepatch of Power
- Frictionless Ice / Slippy-Slidey Ice World: His gym floors.
- Poisonous Person
Clair has been reassigned a dark-type gym. She used Honchkrow, Sneasel, Sableye, and another Honchkrow. In the tag battle with Lance, she used a Sharpedo, Weavile and Darkrai.
- Accidental Truth: KingdomXathers, the creator of the sprite shown here (as well as most of the other sprites on this page), stated that when he had decided to add a Darkrai motif to Clair's costume, it was just to make it look cool, despite her not owning a Darkrai in her initial Gym Battle. Fast-forward to the Ao & 4 vs Lance & Clair Tag Fight, and lo-and-behold, Darkrai was, indeed, one of Clair's Pokemon.KingdomXathers: "DAMMIT, I SWEAR I AM CLAIRVOYANT!!!"
- Badass Cape
- Combat Pragmatist: Like all gym leaders, she heals her Pokémon when their health gets low. Also, she has a Sableye that knows Grudge.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She's arrogant and kind of a jerk and uses Dark-type Pokémon, but she isn't outright evil, and she does apologize later.
- Nice Hat
- Olympus Mons: Used a Darkrai alongside Lance's Raikou in a double battle rematch with Ao and 4.
- Signature 'Mon: Honchkrow, perhaps because she has two. Later on, the role shifted to Darkrai.
- Sore Loser: She wouldn't give Aoooo the gym badge after defeat. Instead, Aoooo had to take a test in the Dragon's Den, though she received a "Dratini" from the deal.
- Uncatty Resemblance: Her new costume takes elements from the designs of Honchkrow (the hat), Sableye (the various gems on her hat, dress and earring) and Darkrai (the cape and the hair).
Will was randomized to Ground-types. He used a Quagsire, a Steelix, a Hippowdon, and 2 Nidoqueen. His post-Kanto rematch team consists of 3 Steelix, a Donphan, a Camurupt and a Nidoqueen.
- An Ice Person: Will's Steelix knows Ice-Punch, despite having neither ice nor arms.
- Dishing Out Dirt
- "Arabian Nights" Days: Some art depicts him wearing a turban from this era, due to his new typing being ground.
Koga was randomized to Psychic-types. He used a Medicham, a Hypno, a Claydol, and a Slowbro. His post-Kanto rematch team consists of Xatu, Girafarig, Gardevoir, Lunatone, and Uxie.
Bruno was randomized to Flying-types. He used a Pidgeot, a Gligar, a Beautifly, a Dodrio, and a Noctowl. His post-Kanto rematch team consists of Fearow, Gliscor, Scyther, Altaria, and Masquerain.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: Subverted with Scyther and Masquerian, as they're not a big threat - being Bug/Flying-types, they take 4x damage from rock and thus lose half their HP to Stealth Rock.
- Blow You Away
- Continuity Nod: In randomized FireRed, he was a Normal-type trainer but with a Zangoose with Aeroblast and a Pidgeotto. Here, in the first Elite Four run, he lee with a Pidgeot, and his team was mostly Normal-Flying.
- Jobber: Continuing with TPP tradition, Bruno proved to be the easiest Elite Four member to beat yet again. He's considerably harder when fought during the post-Kanto rematches, but is still fairly easy, especially since his Gliscor is unable to affect Xatu, which makes him send it in only to immedietely switch it out again, causing its health to slowly be depleted by stealth rock every time a Pokémon is defeated.
Karen was randomized to Rock-types. She used a Nosepass, Rhydon, Aggron, and two Aerodactyl. Her post-Kanto rematch team includes Armaldo, two Omastar, Kabutops, and Relicanth.
- Evil Counterpart: To the Mob. She used many Fossil Gods in both of her teams.
- Fan Nickname: "Dark Helix" for her Omastar.
- Pals with Jesus: Uses Aerodactyl, God of Neutrality, and true form of the Old Amber. In her rematch, she uses Omastar and Kabutops.
Lance was randomized to Electric-types in the champion battle. He has Luxray, Electivire, two Electabuzz, and TWO Raikou. In the tag battle with Clair, he used a Jolteon, Electabuzz, and Raikou.
Brock was randomized to Ice-types. He had two Sealeo, a Mamoswine, a Glalie, and a Delibird.
Misty was randomized to Fire types. She used Flareon, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, and Entei.
- Oh, Crap!: The chat's reaction when she sent out...
- Olympus Mons: Her Entei.
- Playing with Fire
- Pyromaniac: In Red and Crystal, Misty was a fairly ordinary, unremarkable Water Gym leader. The Voices changed that. By FireRed, constant calls for her beating had affected her sanity, turning her into an unstable, poison-obsessed head case. In HeartGold... began the arson.
Lt. Surge (Lt. Swarm)
Surge was randomized to Bug types. He had a Scyther, a Scizor, two Pinsir, and a Ninjask.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The only relatively small bug on his team is Ninjask - the rest are around five feet tall.
- That One Level: His gym puzzle took the Mob hours and hours of wandering and checking trash cans. They had such trouble with it that even the normally aloof Streamer snarked at them for doing so poorly.
Erika was randomized to Electric types. She had a Minun, a Rotom, a Raichu, and a Lanturn.
Like her FireRed incarnation, Sabrina was randomized to Normal types. She used a Clefable, a Kangaskhan, and a Noctowl.
- Ho Yay: Has been increasingly shipped with Ao since the latter got her number.
- Brought Down to Normal
Janine was randomized to Grass types. She used a Cradily, a Sceptile, two Sunflora, and a Wormadam.
Blaine was randomized to Psychic types. He used a Wobbuffet, an Exeggutor, and a Gallade.
Blue was randomized to Flying-types. His team consists of Gyarados, Jumpluff, Xatu, Pelipper, Articuno, and Moltres.
- Blow You Away
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Red had originally caught Zapdos, so of course it would be fitting for Blue to try and one-up him by catching the other two Legendary Birds.
- Legacy Character: Considering that this is the randomized version of the events of Crystal, Blue could just be Green working under a different name if he hasn't committed suicide by HeartGold. It could also explain away his sudden competence boost in battle.
- Pals with Jesus: Has two Legendaries as the strongholds of his team.
- Primary-Color Champion: It'd be a more fitting pun if he was still the champion of Kanto, but in his sprite image he's got cool blues for his shirt and reds and yellows for his pants.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Blue used Articuno and Moltres for his battle. This allowed him to finally win a fight against a player character without beating on an already weakened team.
A ("Red", "Alice")
The protagonist of Twitch Plays Pokémon FireRed. Three years after becoming Indigo League Champion, she now resides atop Mt. Silver. She uses Red's name for the battle.
- Anti-Villain / Hero Antagonist: She's this if you interpret her as being unwillingly forced to help her father and to fight Aoooo.
- Appropriated Appellation: She used Red's name for the fight.
- Bold Explorer: One interpretation is that Alice, being a Science Hero, is exploring Mt. Silver for research purposes and has no antagonism towards Aooo what so ever.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: One suggestion as to why she is fighting Aoooo.
- Daddy's Little Villain: Bill's, if she's become evil.
- The Dragon: Might be this to her father, Bill.
- Dragon-in-Chief: Naturally as Bill can never actually be fought.
- Explosive Leash: This is one suggested reason why she has to fight Aoooo.
- FaceHeel Turn: From protagonist of FireRed and host of the Mob to their opponent atop Mt. Silver. While Red was fighting for himself, Alice was fighting for Bill.
- Gone Horribly Right: Using Democracy, the Mob easily beat the randomized FireRed with one of the strongest teams ever conceived. Now, in a run without Democracy, they have to fight it. At 20 levels higher than they originally were. And all of their current Pokemon are weak to Water attacks, which is what the majority of the team has.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Suggested as the reason she is on Mt. Silver; not because she actually has any actual dislike towards Ao, but because she sees it as the only way to oppose Bill.
- Legacy Character: Takes up the name of Red during her Mount Silver battle.
- Olympus Mons: She has a Mew.
- Previous Player-Character Cameo: In the tradition set by TPP Crystal fighting Red's team from TPP Red, TPP Randomized HeartGold is pit against randomized TPP FireRed's team, complete with custom female trainer overworld and battle sprites. The name wasn't able to be hacked however.
- Recurring Element: Like Red before her she opens up the fight by using a Legendary Pokémon, Mew, and her last Pokémon she uses is a Flying-type with a connection with one of the Fossil Gods, Altareon.
- Rogue Protagonist / Sudden Sequel Heel Syndrome: If you interpret her as The Dragon for Bill.
- Took a Level in Badass: Her team is 20 levels higher then when they were at the end of FireRed. Obviously she hasn't been slaking off in the time after she became Champion.
- True Final Boss
- World's Strongest Trainer: Alice's Pokemon are in the 80's and the typings are much more varied then Aoooo's current team. Not to mention Slaking, who was already the strongest mon the mob ever had, and almost all of her Pokemon have Water attacks.
aoooo's Team ("The Wolf Pack", "The House of Lords", "The Pantheon")
- Achilles' Heel: Grass-types. Aoooo's team is usually composed of Rock-, Ground-, and perhaps one Water-type, so better hope there's no Grass gym leader of Elite Four member.
- With the addition of Xatu and Noctowl, ice-types—which 4 is happy to exploit.
- Aerith and Bob
- Dishing Out Dirt: After reaching Ecruteak the party has always been at least 4/6 Rock and or Ground type Pokemon. While they thought this would be an Achilles' Heel, it ironically turned out useful when Lance was randomized to Electric types.
- God Slayer: The whole team, if only because of the randomizer, has been defeating Uber and legendary Pokemon on this run.
- Making a Splash: 5/6 of the team know at least one Water-type attack
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Kenya the "Spearow" turned out to be a Groudon. An uber class legendary was on the team before they even had their third badge. Later, Groudon left in the daycare and was then released.
- The Team: Because of Kenya's release and a lot of PC Shuffles, only four Pokemon, one of which was released, were considered core members of the team by the time the Elite Four was first challenged. Over the course of the E4 and Kanto a full team of six developed.
- Power Trio
- The Leader / Idiot Hero: Vibrava, the starter. Simpleminded best friend and aspiring werewolf to aoooo.
- The Lancer / Friendly Sniper: Sudowoodo, the reliable level headed fighter. Also carries around a sniper rifle but never uses it.
- The Smart Guy / Badass Bookworm: Xatu, a hyper intelligent Psychic type Shiny who surprisingly puts in good hustle and once favored wrestling moves.
- Three Plus Two: The Gen IV Stadium Gods both joined during the Elite 4 runs
- The Big Guy: Bastiodon, Lord Armor. A Defensive Tank that swept Karen's team in the winning E4 run
- Tagalong Kid: Rampardos, Lord Skull. Consistently the lowest leveled, but after awakening his inner strength (evolving 30 levels late) it could even surpass the main heroes and the de facto Big Bad Stalinking in power.
- Big Good: Omastar, Lard Helix. Widely believed to be the reincarnated Lord Helix from TPP Red.
- The Big Guy / Gentle Giant: Kenya the Groudon, special mention to the Pokemon embodiment of the land (or at least Africa) that's used to deliver mail. Was released after the eight badge was obtained.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Everyone else on rotation a few became fan favorites through the lore: Diamondback (Ekans), a rattlesnake wearing diamond armor; SunSlash/CrabSlash (Sandslash), a porcupine that can summon intense sunlight and might have crab pincers; Avatars of the Root, and Dome fossils; 3G (Larvitar), a tech whiz baby dinosaur; Hacker Cat (Skitty), a Playful Hacker; Isaac (Jigglypuff), a dragon-slaying cream puff; and many more. What the hell?
- Power Trio
(as Vibrava) Arena Trap - prevents foes from leaving battle, though those unaffected by Ground-type moves are immune to this ability.
- Always Accurate Attack: Swift.
- Berserk Button: Critical Hits, when she was a Trapinch, which instantly max out her attack whenever she's hit by one.
- Call-Back: The Mob was immediately reminded of the Trapinch said to be Bill's in Twitch Plays Pokémon Emerald. Lore did not embrace this, and now typically regards any connection between the two as a coincidence.
- Death Dealer: Considering her use of Trump Card, she may count.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Ground-type and has Bone Club.
- Double Entendre: Is it any surprise that the mob is calling it 'Vibrator'?
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Has had Hammer Arm since the beginning.
- Earthquake Pokémon: Knows Magnitude, and it is from here the nickname 'Vibrator' stems - said vibrations range from harmless to lethal
- Irony: As a Trapinch, she normally would've had Arena Trap, and it'd be replaced with Levitate when she evolved. As a Vibrava, she gained Arena Trap.
- Lucky Charms Title: A single comma.
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: Finished the run at level 86, a full 41 levels after she would have normally evolved into Flygon.
- One-Letter Name: Or rather, one-symbol name.
- Our Dragons Are Different: A bug-like dragon that is also Ground-type.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: She's the only one left of the original six and saw them all leave.
- Signature Move: Hammer Arm and Trump Card.
- Spiritual Successor:
- To Katie in Crystal for being a female dragon that wears a bow.
- Also to Lazorgator in Crystal, for being the starter Pokemon that survives releases and team swaps while remaining loyal to her trainer and her team.
- Also to ATV in Red, for being a winged insect that is the "normal" of the team. Unlike ATV, though, who is a dragon slayer, Vibrava actually is half-dragon.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Subverted. In some fan arts, she wears a bow but, unlike Katie from Crystal, she wears it as a bow tie.
- Took a Level in Badass: Has become a Vibrava with an Ability that might prove to be quite helpful when the time comes to catch the Legendary Doge.
- Tsundere: 4's Aipom used Attract on her. What is the first thing she does upon falling for him? Hammer Arm.
- You Will Not Evade Me: Arena Trap keeps most opponents from fleeing.
A the Sudowoodo (Treesus, Sniperwoodo, Sudo))A male Bonsly caught at Mt. Mortar. Later evolved into a Sudowoodo. He is naïve with a sturdy body.
- BFG: It's proposed that Rock Wrecker is some sort of giant gun, like a railgun or bazooka. Or a howitzer◊.
- Cold Sniper / Friendly Sniper: The Mob can't decide on which, though he's leaning toward Friendly.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Doesn't really do much sniping (though he snipes the Alice's last pokemon with it).
- Dark Is Not Evil: Before it was replaced with Wring Out, he had Night Shade, but he is on the side of good.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Rock Wrecker. It deals enormous damage, but the user is vulnerable on the next turn.
- Used as the final blow against Altareon.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Only has one Rock move (Rock Wrecker), but it's a painful one...
- Easy Amnesia: Learned the move Amnesia while in Clair's Gym. Shortly after, he forgot it for Surf.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Was taught Strength.
- Life Drain: With Pain Split. However, given the Mob's lack of control, he can also end up hurting himself. The move was later replaced.
- Making a Splash: Knows Surf. Somehow.
- Messianic Archetype: Considered this to some, especially with his nickname, Treesus.
- Name's the Same: As Ace the Raticate from Crystal, the protagonists from Emerald and FireRed, and the Kricketot from Platinum.
- One-Letter Name
- Super Strength: Strength, obviously enough.
xxr♂ ♦ the Xatu ("The Oracle," "Stare Jesus," "Doot Doot")A Shiny Xatu caught in place of the Red Gyarados at The Lake of Rage. She is Bashful and likes to run. The third Pokemon in TPP history to reach level 100.
- Blow You Away: Flying-type and knows Fly.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: Because of her shininess, she sparkles whenever she's sent out.
- For Science!: As seen here.
- Genius Bruiser: Xatu are usually known for their brains more than their brawn, but this particular Xatu is a hustler who's not afraid of getting down and dirty with her enemies.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Back in Crystal, the Mob wanted a Xatu so badly they resorted to wasting Poke Balls on Will's Xatu, which was demolishing them at the time, despite knowing full well it wouldn't work. Now, in the remake, they finally caught one! And it's Shiny!
- Lucky Charms Title
- Mad Scientist: According to Bill-Sanctioned Shenanigans, she is a German mad genius who built a Red Gyarados robot.
- Making a Splash: Was taught Whirlpool.
- Nonindicative Name: Her name contains the male symbol, although she's female.
- Phony Psychic: This Xatu primarily relies on physical moves and has the ability Hustle, indicating that she might be a conwoman. "I see a lot of broken bones in your future!"
- Not-So-Phony Psychic: However, she can also legitimately use Future Sight and Mist Ball.
- Platonic Life-Partners: If the diamond in her name is anything to go by.
- Psychic Powers: Psychic-type bird with Future Sight and Mist Ball, though she later forgot Future Sight.
- Secret Art: Learned Mist Ball, a move normally exclusive to Latias.
- Spiritual Successor: To Solaireon. Xatu broke the trend of fainting shinies, much like how Solaireon broke the "Curse of Fire".
- The Unpronounceable
- Wind from Beneath My Wings: Knew Defog when first encountered and caught; it was replaced with Whirlpool.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Knew Vital Throw before it was replaced with Fly.
Bastiodon ("Lord Armor," "Helicarriodon")A Bastiodon caught on Victory Road.
- Airborne Aircraft Carrier: A big metal thing that can learn Surf and Fly. So far he's only learned Surf, but he's been compared to the Helicarrier from The Avengers.
- Breath Weapon: Flash Cannon works like this for Bastiodon (at least if the anime is to be believed).
- Dishing Out Dirt: Rock-type and used to know Stealth Rock.
- Extra-ore-dinary: Steel-type with three Steel-type moves, though two were replaced.
- Light 'em Up: Flash Cannon works by focusing light and firing it at the opponent.
- Magnetic Weapons: Knows Magnet Bomb. With added PP, even!
- Making a Splash: With Surf.
- Stone Wall: Almost literally. Even the high-attack Stalinking had trouble putting a dent on him.
- Trap Master: One of his moves was Stealth Rock before it was replaced with Surf.
6♦j the Rampardos ("Lord Skull", "Master Skull", "Our Lord and Master", "Ghost Rider")A Rampardos caught on Route 36 as a Cranidos with the Master Ball. He has a Rash nature and is highly curious. He evolved climbing Mt. Silver after a close loss to A.
(as Rampardos): Flame Body - If this Pokemon is hit with a Physical move, there is a chance the opponent will be inflicted with the Burn status.
- Curiosity Killed the Cast: May be the reason why he was caught.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Rock-type and used to have Rock Slide and Rock Throw, although he learned the Ground-type Magnitude.
- 11th-Hour Superpower: Evolved after Alice had already been challenged multiple times.
- Glass Cannon: Rampardos can dish out an obscene amount of physical pain, but he can't really take hits all too well.
- Heroic Resolve: His evolution may be due to it. You could say he became quite hot-blooded.
- Irony: His initial ability made the rain advantageous to him, but his ability as a Rampardos instead is affiliated with fire.
- Magikarp Power: Although Lord Skull was caught at Level 13, he is a potential Game-Breaker because his Attack stat is the highest in the entire game. Higher than even Stalinking. Because of this, the Mob wanted to grind him and hopefully evolve him, which they succeeded at.
- Making a Splash: Waterfall and Surf.
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: He reached level 60 before he evolved - twice the level he would usually be.
- Physical God: He's a Fossil Pokemon, and he was caught with a Master Ball. What more proof do you need? Plus, he has one of the highest Attacks of all Pokémon, albeit all the rest of his stats are lackluster.
- Playing with Fire: His Flame Body ability has a chance of causing a burn.
- Put on a Bus: Was deposited in the daycare due to the Mob running out of patience grinding him. The Mob came back for him, though, and he stayed on the team.
- Random Effect Spell: He knew Metronome.
- Spiritual Successor: To all of the previous fossil gods, as well as Stalinking from FireRed in terms of having an obscene attack power upon final evolution.
- Also to Archangel AA-j, since he is a possibly divine entity caught in a Master Ball. It's the first time ever since Red that the Master Ball is not wasted in trainer battles or on completely worthless Com Mons.
- And also to Kenya himself. He is a divine Pokemon received as a gift, left in the daycare with intentions to retrieve him, and is normally weak to water but received an ability which makes water advantageous.
- Wreathed in Flames: His Flame Body ability allows him to do this, hence his nickname "Ghost Rider".
Omastar ("Lord Helix", "Lard Helix," "L@rd Helix")An Omastar caught in Kanto. He is quirky and mischievous. The second Pokemon in TPP history to reach level 100.
- Achilles' Heel: Since Helix only knows water type attacks, he is completely defenseless against any Pokémon with the ability Water Absorb or Dry Skin. Also, Grass types are to be avoided like the plague since they resist his moves and can hit him for 4X damage.
- Adipose Rex: This incarnation of the most respected god in the TPP pantheon has put on some pounds.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: Helix currently has four STAB attacking moves, and most of them work with his high Special Attack: the extremely powerful Surf, the good if a bit inaccurate Muddy Water, the even more powerful Water Spout (as long as he has high health at least), and the decent Water Pulse which can confuse.
- Breath Weapon: Hydro Cannon.
- Came Back Strong: If you interpret his defeat in Crystal to be his death. He's back, and even stronger than before.
- Can't Catch Up: For all his divine nature, he was initially one of the lowest leveled Pokémon in the group. However, the mob did its damndest to avert this trope for the beloved deity, putting him in the front of the party to grind. In the end, he successfully managed to grow stronger, catch up, and surpass the rest of the team in levels, becoming worthy of his divine name. Now he is Lv. 100, the second Pokémon in TPP history to do so, and best of all, his movepool is full of powerful STAB moves that work with his great Special Attack.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Used to know Rock Polish, Sandstorm and Rock Blast, but forgot all of them.
- Drop The Crabhammer: Somehow learned this powerful attack normally usable only by Pokémon with large pincers, replacing Rock Blast. Later it was itself replaced with Muddy Water.
- 11th-Hour Ranger: Joined too late to be of use against the Elite Four and Lance, but just in time to join in the Kanto arc.
- Grimy Water: Learned Muddy Water, a powerful move which can reduce an opponent's accuracy.
- Heartbreak and Ice Cream: After being defeated by Lazorgator, this comic postulates he drowned his sorrows in a ton of ice cream.
- Kevlard: His Thick Fat ability gives it extra defense against ice and fire moves.
- Making a Splash: Knows Water Spout, Crabhammer, Water Pulse, and Surf.
- Mighty Glacier: Endowed with stellar Special Attack, but pretty terrible Speed. Rock Polish helped overcome that until he forgot it.
- The Pig-Pen: Considering his eating habits and his Muddy Water attack, it seems like this incarnation of the Helix is not very big on personal hygiene.
- Scratch Damage: He only takes 1/8th damage from Fire attacks due to a Rock/Water typing and Thick Fat. Ice as well, to a slightly lesser extent (1/4th damage).
- Second Coming: To the original Lord Helix.
- Stout Strength: Thick Fat provides the Stout. Level 100 and 4 STAB moves provides the strength.
- Take a Third Option: There was some division on whether to call Helix Lord Helix or Lard Helix. The '@' symbol looks like a combination of 'a' and 'o'.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Hamburgers◊ - how else did you think he got his thick fat?
- Wave-Motion Gun: His Hydro Cannon is so powerful he has to take a rest after using it.
SmoochumA Smoochum who hatched from the Mystery Egg. She is Adamant and proud of her power.
- An Ice Person: Ice Punch.
SkittyA female Skitty. ("Hacker Cat")
- Body Horror: Her attacks upon capture were Spit Up, Growl, Fury Attack, and Wring Out.
- Exact Words: She said she'd transport Zigzagoon to a land of lactose-free ice cream. That land turned out to be the South Pole.
- Playful Hacker: With her being deposited in the PC, and with her ability being Download, fanon has her able to create a Hacker Cave inside the PC.
☀ΔΔ the Croagunk ("Croapatra")A female Croagunk.
- Honey Trap: Her ability is Cute Charm, and her nature is Naughty. She gained a reputation for being the team seductress]] fairly quickly.
cccdeccccc the Gloom ("Codec", "Deception")
- Blessed with Suck: Apart from Truant, Slow Start is pretty much the worst possible ability for it to have.
- Hacker Duel: Tried to install autorelease software onto the PC - thankfully, Hackercat's firewall kept him contained while she removed the installation and started erasing his 'naughty bits'.
- Second Coming: Is seen by some to be the released Cabbage from TPP Red.
- Came Back Wrong: But he is only level 5, came at a time where the mob had a party full with Kenya in it - And may or may not be brainwashed
- Trojan Prisoner: In the Hackercat comics, Gloom is seen as a (possibly brainwashed) agent of Bill who was put in the PC - depending of your view of Kenya's release, he might be the one responsible.
63AAIAACC! the Jigglypuff ("63", "Jiggles", "Isaac", "Dragonpuff")Ao's second Pokémon, a male Jigglypuff with a bashful nature, but he is mischievous.
- Breath Weapon: Knew Dragonbreath.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: The mob is already mistaking it for a girl despite its gender being a guy.
- Excited Episode Title! / Lucky Charms Title
- Living with the Villain: He's already been connected to the Dragonborn, Slayer of Dragons for his ability to Dragon Shout. He was also the second Pokemon on the team after a starter-type destined to evolve into a dragon.
- Rule 63: Immediately the mob started to shout this the minute it was put into the commands.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Was given a thong◊ to help differentiate from the girls.
- The One Guy: The only male Pokemon among Ao's original 6.
☺ ☀((GG6W the Diglett ("Diglight")A female Diglett with the Multitype ability. She is careful and strong-willed.
PoliwhirlA male Poliwhirl caught after a PC shuffle.
85G52 2♦ the Ekans ("Diamondback")A male Ekans caught in the Safari Zone.
- Breath Weapon: Solarbeam.
- Can't Catch Up: Underleveled compared to the rest of Ao's team, and thus spends most of his time fainted.
- Lucky Charms Title:
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: He knows Smog, Sludge, Poison Tail, and Solarbeam.
- Poisonous Person: Poison-type and has three damage-dealing Poison attacks.
- The Scapegoat: To some for the release of Kenya.
"SunSlash", "CrabSlash", "Kenyaslash"A "Dratini" found in the Dragon's Den. She is timid.
- Blessed with Suck: Her Drought, although it makes life easier on some other team members, makes her Crabhammer, a normally very powerful Water-type move, very weak.
- Can't Catch Up: Currently underleveled compared to the core members of the party, and may never catch up.
- Combos: Her Drought is actually kinda useful because it dramatically reduces the power of Water-type moves, which the team is extremely weak against due to an overabundance of Ground and Rock types. In addition, Diamondback knows Solarbeam.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Ground-type with Mud Bomb and Mud Shot. She used to have Sand-Attack and Bone Rush, too.
- A Handful for an Eye: Had Sand-Attack, which throws sand at the opponent to lower Accuracy.
- Heal Thyself: Knows Wish.
- Irony: She has a normal Groudon's ability, and was obtained right after Kenya the Groudon was released. For added irony, she knows Crabhammer, a Water type attack. Which is weakened in strong sunlight. Which Drought causes.
- Making a Splash: Knows Crabhammer.
- Replacement Goldfish: To Kenya, both being Ground-type Pokémon gifted to Aoooo by a NPC. She's also a literal replacement because the Mob had to deposit someone before she could be acquired, and it just happened to be Kenya.
- Spiritual Successor: To Flamesplash, the Sandslash from the FireRed run, who was also given to the player by a NPC.
Shuckie the Noctowl (Saxton Hale, Strix)The "Shuckle" received from a man in Cianwood. He is Relaxed and likes to run.
- Disability Superpower: Strangely for an owl, he seems to be deaf. At least he makes good use of it.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Knows Smellingsalt and Comet Punch.
- Irony: Owls are usually known for their very good hearing. If this one's Ability is anything to go by, however, it is apparently deaf.
- Making a Splash: Was taught Whirlpool, somehow.
- Recurring Element: With Comet Punch, continues the trend of punching birds in randomizer runs. This one, however, fights the good fight.
- The Owl-Knowing One: Subverted. Given that his favorite tactic is to just punch the tar out of his enemies, intelligence might not be his strongest suit.
- Took a Level in Badass: He gained nearly 20 levels while in daycare and is now on par with Xatu, Vibrava, and Sudowoodo.
Lileep ("Lord Root")A Lileep caught on Victory Road.
2 0 the Ariados ("Ariadome 2.0", "Lord Dome 2.0")An Ariados caught on Victory Road. Seen by some as the second coming of the Dome Fossil.
AA330000 the Bronzor ("Suicune", "Bucky", "Winter Bronzonger")
The Legendary "Doge" of Water, representing the North Wind. Upon his awakening, he takes an interest in Ao and his Pokemon. After being encountered several times, and after Ao had defeated the Elite Four and journeyed to Kanto, he appeared several more times before finally choosing Bill's cottage as their place of battle. It was revealed that Suicune was randomized into a Bronzor, and it was captured inside of a Quick Ball.
0 0K033K the Phione ("Ho-Oh", "iPhone", "z33k")A legendary Pokemon known as "the guardian of the skies". Using the Rainbow Wing, the Kimono Girls were able to summon it to the top of the Tower of Commons.
It is revealed that the randomized Ho-Oh was actually Phione, a Pokemon that results from another legendary Pokemon, Manaphy, breeding with a Ditto. It is an imperfect DNA clone of the original that cannot evolve into it. Disappointed at the so-called legendary not actually being "legendary", they fled from it. Much later, the mob returned and successfully caught it.
- Leap of Faith: Because running off the top of Bell Tower isn't exactly easy to do, some believe Ao-chan performed one to get away from Phione.
Sunflora ("Articuno")Found deep within the Seafoam Islands behind a number of ice puzzles, Articuno took two attempts to reach, and ultimately turned out to be a female Sunflora, which was caught on the first capture attempt.
TNN _ _ FRXF the KoffingA Koffing caught in the Safari Zone.
GeodudeA Geodude caught in the Safari Zone.
FNKKNFAnother Geodude caught in the Safari Zone.
MisdreavusA Misdreavus caught soon after Gloom was received.
- You Will Not Evade Me - Has Shadow Tag.
SeelA Seel caught soon after Gloom was received.
P11H0:):)D the PiplupA female Piplup captured inside Mt. Mortar.
- Making a Splash: Her type is Water.
VulpixA Vulpix caught inside Mt. Mortar.
'Lord/Lady Seedot' the SeedotA female Seedot caught in the Union Cave. It knows the move Judgment.
AHHHH 088 L 2 the GulpinA Gulpin caught on Route 27.
A 644 X__rr the PinsirA Pinsir caught at the Bug-Catching Contest. He won Ao first place.
SmeargleA Smeargle caught on Route 42.
MudkipA Mudkip caught on Route 42.
"'_☀##'" the BronzorA Bronzor caught on Route 42.
"0_0UU" the TogepiA Togepi caught on Route 42.
Victory Road PokemonA Banette, 2 Sunflora (00 and jR), a Shuckle, a Hippopotas (0570), a Flaaffy (00050 .), a Spiritomb, a Raticate, a Slowpoke (P) and a Ariados (6L2Z6I3Z22) all caught on Victory Road.
E the WeedleA female Weedle caught at the Bug-Catching Contest. He won Ao first place.
;♦—△ 4 the BagonA male Bagon caught in the Tohjo falls.
MetangA Metang caught on Route 26.
OK 2LLPKNA the LinooneA male Linoone caught on Route 26.
LoudredA male Loudred caught surfing outside Vermillion City.
GF the LoudredA female Loudred caught surfing outside Vermillion City.
000 ♀ 1 the MeganiumA female Meganium caught surfing outside Vermillion City.
s the LoudredA female Loudred caught surfing outside Vermillion City.
7 78 the HoppipA female Hoppip caught outside Vermillion City.
(Unknown) the GoldeenA female Goldeen caught in the Rock Tunnel. It was nicknamed but it is unknown what it was nicknamed.
G Gllg o the SnoruntA male Snorunt caught in the Rock Tunnel.
6 MG G 0C the GastlyA male Gastly caught in the Rock Tunnel.
0G00GC0 G the IllumiseA female Illumise caught in the Rock Tunnel.
G the IllumiseA female Illumise caught in the Rock Tunnel.
3GG g hhg the KrabbyA female Krabby caught in the Rock Tunnel.
GastlyA male Gastly caught in the Rock Tunnel.
GGNGGNGGN the SwinubA male Swinub caught in the Rock Tunnel.
G G the CacneaA male Cacnea caught in the Rock Tunnel.
GI the ElectrikeA female Electrike caught in the Rock Tunnel.
RGRG G the VoltorbA male Voltorb caught in the Rock Tunnel.
_ 0 _ _ _ _ _ _ 00 the GastlyA male Gastly caught in the Rock Tunnel.
GG _ G _ G _ G _ G the GoldeenA female Goldeen caught in the Rock Tunnel.
_ _ G the ParasA female Paras caught on Route 10.
_ K _ GGK ♀ _ 0 _ the KirliaA female Kirlia caught on Route 10.
GeodudeA female Geodude caught on Route 10.
G _ _ _ ( _ the PoliwagA female Poliwag caught on Route 10.
343__gqg_3 the ZubatA female Zubat surfing outside the Power Plant.
(Unknown) the GeodudeA male Geodude caught surfing outside the Power Plant. It was nicknamed but it is unknown what it was nicknamed.
NatuA female Natu caught surfing outside the Power Plant.
3#! # R the PidgeyA female Pidgey caught around Cerulean City.
pgggG&4 the ParasA male Paras caught on Route 10.
MLI GPPJG the NatuA male Natu caught surfing outside the Power Plant.
22GG2G G the GeodudeA female Geodude caught surfing outside the Power Plant.
NatuA female Natu caught surfing outside the Power Plant.
GGINOIQQQI the StunkyA male Stunky caught surfing around Route 12.
ClamperlA male Clamperl caught on Route 11.
330330Δ0QQ the EkansA female Ekans caught in place of Snorlax.
AAOL_AO_ the BonslyA female Bonsly caught on Route 11.
_ the LedybaA male Ledyba caught in Diglett Cave.
NidoranA male Nidoran caught in Diglett Cave.
YA[Angry][Delta]#HYA the ParasA female Paras caught in Diglett Cave.
WeedleA male Weedle caught with an Ultra Ball.
000 00ff the WynautA female Wynaut caught at Mt. Moon.
000MAJF the MismagiusA male Mismagius caught on Cinnabar.
ClefairyA female Clefairy caught on Cinnabar.
ALELAAC XC the ClamperlA female Clamperl caught surfing around Cinnabar.
TododileA male Tododile caught surfing around Cinnabar.
D H KKOXPO the WynautA female Wynaut caught at Bell Tower.
OSOK 33 JOR the ZubatA female Zubat caught at Bell Tower.
ShinxA female Shinx caught at Bell Tower.
ddd the CaterpieA female Caterpie caught surfing outside Dragon's Den.
OBIXI 8___I the NatuA male Natu caught at Route 45.
IIGOOIRRI the ChinchouA male Chinchou caught at Route 45.
IHHOIOOE the CuboneA female Cubone caught at Route 45.
010N__0R0 the KadabraA female Kadabra caught at Route 45.
_00 the WigglytuffA male Wigglytuff caught at Route 45.
CuboneA female Cubone caught at Route 45.
000 0 the ChatotA male Chatot caught at Route 45.
GravelerA male Graveler caught at Route 45.
GravelerA male Graveler caught at Route 45.
A001 000 the NatuA female Graveler caught at Route 45.
03O the TeddiursaA female Teddiursa caught in place of Lapras in Union Cave.
QuilavaA Quilava caught in Union Cave.
PidgeotA Pidgeot caught in Union Cave.
AAMLNUPPF the AbraA female Abra caught in Whirl Islands.
3 3033PPPE the BaltoyA Baltoy caught in Whirl Islands.
33B334X333 the MantykeA female Mantyke caught in Whirl Islands.
A 3333 K 3 ZZ☃ the VibravaA female Vibrava caught in Whirl Islands.
313k-3r i the SpinarakA male Spinarak caught in Whirl Islands.
KKK 3 R33kk☃ the ShuppetA female Shuppet caught in Whirl Islands.
333S☃☃ ☃@* the NatuA female Natu caught in Whirl Islands.
SpinarakA Spinarak caught in Whirl Islands.
33S3X3S3 ☃ the SpinarakA female Spinarak caught in Whirl Islands.
3 B3t33f 3 the SpinarakA female Spinarak caught in Whirl Islands.
3G6L53 G53 the NatuA male Natu caught in Whirl Islands.
SpinarakA Spinarak caught in Whirl Islands.
VibravaA male Vibrava caught in Whirl Islands.
3___333_T3 the SpinarakA female Spinarak caught in Whirl Islands.
BaltoyA Baltoy caught in Whirl Islands.
HoppipA female Hoppip caught in Whirl Islands.
DratiniA female Dratini caught in Whirl Islands.
0000 the CuboneA female Cubone caught on the Seafoam Islands.
NX Tfqq__ the ShinxA male Shinx caught on the Seafoam Islands.
M uu the ArbokA male Arbok caught in Cerulean Cave.
BarboachA female Barboach caught in Cerulean Cave.
00*g the WynautA male Wynaut caught in Cerulean Cave.
CarvanaA female Carvana caught in Cerulean Cave.
3600G60Z03 the VigorothA male Vigoroth caught in Cerulean Cave.
0 the MinunA Minun caught in Cerulean Cave.
☀ ☀☂☂ the RoseliaA female Roselia caught in Cerulean Cave.
BOO OO 1 O the GeodudeA male Geodude caught in Cerulean Cave.
O V OOXO the RoseliaA female Roselia caught in Cerulean Cave.
LumineonA Lumineon caught in Cerulean Cave.
BeedrillA female Beedrill caught in Cerulean Cave.
0_2 the FloatzelA male Floatzel caught in Cerulean Cave.
03333 the NinjaskA female Ninjask caught in Cerulean Cave.
ExeggcuteA male Exeggcute caught surfing outside the Power Plant.
0_00__U the KirliaA male Kirlia caught on Route 9.
A the PrinplupA male Prinplup caught on Route 9.
00 the RattataA male Rattata caught on Route 9.
A the ParasA female Paras caught on Route 9.
0xo the ScytherA female Scyther caught on the Seaform Islands.
(♂ the SeviperA male Seviper caught on the Seaform Islands.
ScytherA male Scyther caught on the Seaform Islands.
ScytherA male Scyther caught on the Seaform Islands.
. the WhimsurA male Whimsur caught on Route 11.
NidoranA male Nidoran caught on Route 11.
StarlyA female Starly caught on Route 11.
ParasA male Paras caught on Route 11.
30 the ParasA male Paras caught on Route 28.
6 the CastformA male Castform caught on Mt. Silver.
030310 the GardevoirA female Gardevoir caught on Mt. Silver.
GardevoirA male Gardevoir caught on Mt. Silver.
AlakazamA male Alakazam caught on Mt. Silver.
i~@ the CastformA female Castform caught on Mt. Silver.
4 the TentacoolA male Tentacool caught on Mt. Silver.
pA the MagnetonA Magneton caught on Mt. Silver.
C Bp the VictreebelA female Victreebel caught on Mt. Silver.
BanetteA female Banette caught on Mt. Silver.
SharpedoA female Sharpedo caught on Mt. Silver.
GranbullA male Granbull caught on Mt. Silver.
CastformA male Castform caught on Mt. Silver.
AK 3 M_(symbol)z(symbol)(umbrella)d the DrifblimA female Drifblim caught on Mt. Silver.
1LC33DEII the DrifblimA female Drifblim caught on Mt. Silver.
00055♀FF 3 the ElectivireA male Electivire caught on Mt. Silver.
D the PorygonA Porygon caught on Mt. Silver.
663 the ScytherA female Scyther caught on Mt. Silver.
ParasA male Paras caught on Mt. Silver.
XQ_ the GlaceonA male Glaceon caught on Mt. Silver.
EXXQXCCA the SeadraA female Seadra caught on Mt. Silver.
000000)(sun symbol)(sun symbol) the DrifblimA female Drifblim caught on Mt. Silver.
EK 0"(sun symbol)(sunsymbol)(sunsymbol)..(sunsymbol) the NidoqueenA female Nidoqueen caught on Mt. Silver.
Kenya the GroudonA "Spearow" obtained from a guard north of Goldenrod City, who gave it to Ao so she could deliver it to his friend on Route 31. Groudon is Hasty nature and proud of its power.
According to popular interpretation, he returns in Black 2, now unrandomized, close to Heatran's location. CLY catches him using a Master Ball.
- The Ace: It's a Groudon, what else would one expect?
- Achilles' Heel: Grass-types and Flying-types. The Hoppip line is deadly to him.
- Back for the Dead: He was released shortly after his triumphant return to the team
- But Now I Must Go: One common interpretation for him permanently leaving the party.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Was abruptly released in Blackthorn City right after they beat Clair but before they could go to the Dragon's Den.
- It Was a Gift: From a random guard, for the purpose of mail delivery.
- Making a Splash: It learned surf, somehow.
- No-Sell: Its ability completely negates the biggest weakness Groudons have, water.
- Not Zilla: The mob refers to it as some kind of Godzilla monster.
- Olympus Mons
- Put on a Bus: Stored in the Daycare due to being an EXP sponge as well as being disobedient due to being obtained in a trade.
- The Bus Came Back: The Mob agreed to a treaty that it would be retrieved as soon as Jasmine was defeated and Team Rocket disbanded. Shockingly, the truce was upheld, and Kenya has made a triumphant return, until it was released. He eventually turns up in the Unova region and is reunited with the Mob once again, this time in a Master Ball.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: One interpretation of its release, all caused by Aoooo's reluctance towards the guard's task, losing a majority of mail, and not allowing Kenya to do its job by keeping it in the daycare.
- Shout-Out: Some players associate the Ground-type's mailman-like nature to that of the Courier from the game Fallout: New Vegas.
- There's also much fan art with Groudon singing the Mail song when he delivers mail.
- Spiritual Successor: To Crystal's LazorGator, and also to FireRed's DJ Stalinking (because of similarly high stat totals), Karl Marc (due to being received from an NPC) and pre-evolution Hyperbug (because his ability makes him immune to what would normally be a weakness).
- Story-Breaker Power: It is a top tier legendary acquired very early in the game that is immune to one of its weakness. What did you expect?
- Superpower Lottery: In a world where any Pokémon can have any ability, most of which are useless... it got Water Absorb.
- Too Cool to Live
- Unstoppable Mailman: There's art showing Kenya as a mailman. Considering the way Ao got it, there may be some truth to this. Though maybe not the best 'Mon for the job...
M__☹♦❢❢❢ the Banette
A youngster who has Ao's phone number. Like his Crystal incarnation, he trained a "top percentage" Rattata when he was first encountered, but it later turned into a Spearow due to the randomizer settings being changed, and later a Bonsly due to yet another randomization. In his first rematch battle he used a Haunter, in his second he used a Dragonair, and in his third he used a Bibarel, although he still boasts about his top-percentage Bonsly.
- Call on Me: The mob always suggests calling him for advice or directions.
- Phrase Catcher: "Call Joey!"
- Shameless Self-Promoter: As demonstrated by the above quotation, he loves talking about his "top percentage" Pokémon, which is currently a Bonsly.
- Took a Level in Badass: He sure grew a pair when he shows up with his Dragonair.
Dark Helix "Bill's Grandfather", "Darth Helix"
- The Anti-God
- Eldritch Abomination: In this comic, Bill reveals that Dark Helix is not actually a Pokemon, but an extradimensional creature poking into the Pokemon universe that took on the form of an Omastar.
- Enemy Without: To Lord Helix.
- Evil Counterpart: Again, to Lord Helix.
- Greater-Scope Villain: According to one Reddit post, describes Dark Helix as being the cause of everything.
- Shadow Archetype: This reddit topic postulates that Dark Helix is this to Lord Helix.
Ace Trainer Gaven
An Ace Trainer on Kanto Route 26.
Fire Breather Walt ("Heisenberg")
A fire breather on Johto Route 35.
Poké Maniac Brent
A Poké Maniac met and battled north of Mahogany Town. He says he's a fan of Bill and occasionally calls Ao to talk about him.
A group of five kimono-clad women from Ecruteak City. ao has to fight all of them in quick succession to gain access to Ho-Oh.
- Boss Bonanza
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Moreso than in the original. Here, they all have completely unrelated yet strong Pokémon as opposed to the Eveelutions of previous games.
Phione ("Ho-Oh", "iPhone")See above.
Raikou and Entei ("The Legendary Doges")
The Legendary Doges of Lightning and Fire. Strangely, they remain unaffected by the Randomization currently occurring in Johto. Ao encountered them randomly in the wild, but she found that capturing them is not an easy task, as they flee on sight. Their Roars are loud enough to strike fear into the hearts of even the strongest-willed Pokemon, but even though the Randomization did not change their appearance, it may have changed their latent abilities, including their Roars.
During the final battle with Lance, it is revealed that he has tamed TWO Raikou, and uses them to battle Ao. He later used a Raikou during his tag battle with Clair.
Likewise, it is revealed that Entei was tamed by Misty in the same manner. After Misty is defeated for a second time, Entei returns to Johto, seeking out Ao for reasons known only to himself. Hers, however, would be the last human face he would ever see, as he lost his life to a Surf from Lord Helix.
- Cowardly Boss: They will run away as soon as they are encountered.
- Troll: Both of them, due to the above.
- Killed Off for Real: Entei is ultimately killed by a Surf from Lord Helix.
- Playing with Fire: Entei
- Shock and Awe: Raikou.
AA330000 the Bronzor ("Suicune")
LatiasHalf of the Eon Duo, Latias currently roams the Kanto region. Aoooo has yet to encounter her.
Sandshrew ("Lugia", "Lord Shrewgia")
Hidden deep within the Whirl Islands lies Lugia, a legendary Pokemon known as "the guardian of the seas". After acquiring the Silver Wing in Pewter City, Ao went to capture it. Upon arriving, it was revealed that Lugia has been randomized into a female Sandshrew. As with Phione, the Mob was heavily disappointed. Only this time, they killed it instead of fleeing.