Outside the reveal trailer, nothing else has been revealed about the game since, though both Nintendo and PlatinumGames would assure fans that development was progressing smoothly at various press events throughout 2019 and into 2020.
The game provides examples of:
- Bad Moon Rising: The regular blue-gray Bayonetta moon is shaded into a blood moon at the trailer's beginning, not quite matching the hue used for the Bayonetta 2 moon during battles with demons.
- Fog of Doom: The fight in the teaser trailer takes place in a slippery, foggy void.
- Motifs: Between Bayonetta's hair ribbon, the villain's attack, Bayonetta herself, and the Bayonetta 3 logo, the teaser trailer's central motif is "splitting."
- Off-Model: The Beauty Mark on Bayonetta's face is missing in the announcement teaser.
- OOC Is Serious Business: You won't see a shred of Bayonetta's usual confidence and sass in the teaser, where her expressions during the Witch Time barrage show she knows she isn't going to win.
- Purple Is the New Black: An attack in the trailer, possibly Bayonetta's, has a purple-and-black motion trail palette with similar detailing to the Scarborough Fair and Love is Blue palettes.