The main character of the anime, she is a typical girl who is not good in academics, but has a pure and trusting heart. Her Pata-Pi is Densuke, a simplistic winged one whose only word is "Pi!" It transforms into the Diva Aphrodite.
- Alliterative Name
- All-Loving Hero
- Childhood Friends: With Suzume.
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- The Ditz
- Genki Girl
- Goofy Print Underwear
- Hair Decorations
- The Heroine
- Magnetic Hero
- Ordinary High-School Student
- Pink Means Feminine
- The Power of Love: Firmly believes in this and bases her actions around it.
- Thinks Like a Romance Novel: Her wish is meeting and falling in love with a fairy tale prince and live Happily Ever After with him. Her Character Development is essentially to get rid of that mindset, usually via Be Careful What You Wish For.
- Town Girls: The Neither to Suzume's Femme and Tsugumi's Butch.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
Hibari's classmate who is her best friend. She is intelligent, mature, and even comes from a wealthy family. Her Pata-Pi is Francesca, an equally intelligent multitasker whom Suzume improves to be "the best." It transforms into the Diva Hestia.
- Alliterative Name
- Childhood Friends: With Hibari.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Towards Hibari.
- Hair Antennae
- The Lancer
- Proper Lady
- Proper Tights with a Skirt
- Town Girls: The Femme to Hibari's Neither and Tsugumi's Butch.
- Verbal Tic: "Oh me my," "that you say," and "that it is."
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Tsugumi.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A girl with an aggressive attitude. She has a mixed martial arts and professional wrestling background, but she aspires to be a singing star, just like her idol, Hatoko Daikan'yama. Her Pata-Pi is Tetsuro or Tetsu for short, an equally aggressive one who has built-in microphones whenever she has the urge to sing, and a camera. It transforms into the Diva Athena.
- Action Girl
- The Big Gal
- Fangirl: Of Hatoko Daikanyama.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Her proper debut has her defeating homunculi bare-handed.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Her parent often fight each other, and fight their own daughter.
- Idol Singer: Wants to be this.
- Martial Arts and Crafts
- Ore Onna: She uses the aggressive-masculine pronoun of "ore" to refer to herself.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She's tough, practices mixed martial arts and wrestling and uses masculine pronouns. With all this, you wouldn't expect that this girl wants to be an Idol Singer.
- Town Girls: The Butch to Hibari's Neither and Suzume's Femme.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Suzume.
A girl from Osaka who aspires for money and would do anything for it, though she has hidden depths and is smarter than she appears. She is the only girl to know about the Pati-Pis transforming without a demonstration, as she gained information from her grandfather. Her Pata-Pi is Billiken, a futuristic version of a piggy bank and counting machine. It transforms into the Diva Amphitrite.
- A-Cup Angst: She wants to have bigger boobs for Gold Digger reasons and stuff her bra in consequence.
- Demoted to Extra: In the movie.
- Disappeared Dad
- Fake Boobs: She wants to have bigger breasts for Gold Digger reasons and consequently stuffs her bra to appear bustier than she really is.
- Good Bad Girl
- The Idiot from Osaka: She's actually quite smart, but exemplifies the stereotype otherwise.
- Insistent Terminology: She calls her Diva Amphitrite when the other girls generally call them by their Pata-Pi names. She breaks this in the finale, calling it Billiken.
- Kansai Regional Accent: The English dub gave her a Southern accent.
- Money Fetish
- Smarter Than You Look
A mostly stoic girl with a very twisted view on friendship and no concept of family. Brought up by Cigogne as a special catalyst for the return of the Primum Mobile, she is isolated from society all this while. Hibari befriends her and will later either straighten or change those views. Her Pata-Pi is Petit-Ange, who is pink-colored and not very bright. It transforms into the Diva Erinnus.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Her hair is pale pink in the anime, but it has a more of a blueish tint to it in the movie. That's likely because the movie was animated by Production I.G instead of Ashi Productions.
- Broken Bird
- Cloning Blues: She's Crane's clone.
- Creepy Child
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Dark Magical Girl: Brought as Cigogne's personal enforcer, she curbstomps the Cyber Team in her very introduction and remains as a dark, solitary character until Hibari insists on befriending her. This happens to be Tsubame's first contact with the concepts of friendship and family, whose incomprehension causes her a Villainous BSoD, but Hibari's kindness straightens the trouble and allows her doing her much needed HeelFace Turn.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Emotionless Girl
- Happily Adopted: By Hibari's family.
- HeelFace Turn
- Mega Twintails
- No Social Skills
- Opposite-Sex Clone: Of Crane.
- The Quiet One: She usually remains unsettlingly quiet.
- Purple Eyes
- Rei Ayanami Expy: A rose-haired, pale-skinned young girl with an eerily stoic and quiet behavior who is actually a clone and eventually warms up thanks to the main character. Bonus points for both Rei and Tsubame being voiced by Megumi Hayashibara.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She fits almost none of the tropes associated with pink hair, but she becomes more of a sweetie as time goes on.
- Sixth Ranger
- The Stoic
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality
- Tyke Bomb
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: She's puzzled at the concept of love, which makes it shocking for her to see a loving family like Hibari's.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is pale pink, nearly white.
The shady and mysterious principal who seems to watch over the girls and their Pata-Pis and knows everything about them.
- Big Bad: Until it's revealed that Crane is the true Big Bad.
- Bishounen: As Christian Rosenkreuz.
- A God Am I
- Karmic Death: He goes out via Rapid Aging.
- Scary Shiny Glasses
- Really 700 Years Old
- Unwitting Pawn: In Crane's Evil Plan.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
The "Black Prince Shooting Star". He is the fourteen-year old "son" of Washuu and a clone of the White Prince. He has a resemblance to him and is admired by Jun, Miyama, and Hatoko to the point that he manipulates their emotions.
- But Now I Must Go: After realizing that he cannot oppose to his father because of being continioned to be loyal to him.
- Cloning Blues: He is Crane's clone.
- Evil Counterpart:
- To Tsubame. They're both clones of Crane and both angst about finding love and about their loyalties. While Takashi chose to please Washuu, Tsubame found no solace in assisting Cygogne. They're also puzzled with the concept of love.
- Their responses to the above are also vastly different. Tsubame's response to discovering love and friendship was to have a breakdown, get over it and befriend the Cyber Team. Takashi associated love with loyalty to Wasshu, failed at it and left the town.
- Replacement Goldfish: Of Crane.
- Teen Genius: He was able to construct prototype Pata-Pis at the age of nine.
- Turned Against Their Masters: After realizing that he was a Replacement Goldfish for Crane Bahnsteik, Takashi has a Villanous Breakdown and attempt to turn against Christian by attacking the Cyber Team girls by himself, but cannot bring himself to finish the job because he was conditioned by Christian into loyalty. He takes it pretty bad and leaves the town, since he cannot do anything to stop Christian.
- Princely Young Man: At first he presents himself to Hibari and the Sybil Team this way. However, he's actually a Deconstruction of the trope. He seems at first like a sweet, charming boy worthy of being the target of Prince Charming, but eventually proves to be a selfish, cowardly, childish, and manipulative whose only redeeming trait is his Undying Loyalty towards Washuu. And in the end it turns out he was conditioned this way, making him pitiable.
- Put on a Bus: He leaves Akihabara and is never seen or heard from again. In a credits scene, he is seen in a train along with a younger, blue-haired clone of Tsubame.
- Undying Loyalty: To Washuu. Since he is a clone, turns out he is conditioned this way.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: His fatal flaw.
- White Hair, Black Heart
The Sibyl Team
A trio of women who passionately long for "Black Prince Shooting Star" and go out to steal the specially designed Pata-Pis to please him.
- Beauty, Brains and Brawn: Hatoko is the Beauty, Miyama is the Brains, and Jun is the Brawn.
- HeelFace Turn
- Hopeless Suitors
- Large Ham: All three of them.
- Love Makes You Evil
- Love Martyrs: To Shooting Star.
- Terrible Trio: Invoked by the Big Bad.
Jun Gotokuji/Blood Falcon
Miyama Soshigaya/Death Crow
- Expy: Is pretty much a slutty and more confident version of Cocoa◊ from the Lamune & 40 series, both are voiced by Sakiko Tamagawa and both obscure◊ their beauty◊ with Opaque Nerd Glasses
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: A running joke inherited from the Lamune & 40 series
- The Quiet One: When not attacking the girls.
- The Smart Girl
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple hair, in her case.
Hatoko Daikanyama/Dark Pigeon
- The Ditz
- Evil Diva: Well at first anyway
- Evil Redhead
- Girlish Pigtails
- Idol Singer
- Zettai Ryouiki
An old acquaintance of Washuu who also knows about the Anima Mundi. He acts as Tsubame's "father" who brings her to Tokyo.
- The Dragon
- Herr Doktor: Has a Germanic accent.
- Parental Neglect: He's the closest thing Tsubame has to a father figure, but their relationship has no love.
Washuu's secretary. She is fanatically loyal to him and would die for him. She gets the chance to fight the girls by donning a Diva suit made by Washuu and commands the Diva army. Her Diva is Harpuria.
The mysterious "White Prince" who gives Densuke to Hibari. He often appears in her dreams an is the target of her many fantasies.
- Big Bad
- Boy of My Dreams: Hibari has seen him in her dreams several times. He sends "messages" to people through their dreams from his satellite Primum Mobile, where lives in suspended animation.
- Broken Pedestal: To Hibari and Christian.
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon
- Light Is Not Good
- The Man Behind the Man
- Manipulative Bastard
- Older Than He Looks: He's actually 126 years old.
- Prince Charming: How Hibari sees him.
- Restored My Faith in Humanity: Hibari and the girls do this for him.
- Stepford Smiler
- Teen Genius
- Walking Spoiler
- White Hair, Black Heart
A girl from Hibari's school who is absolutely obsessed with flat-chested girls. Her Pata-Pi is Enoken.
- Anime Hair: Would you expect anything less from a character designed by Tsukasa Kotobuki?
- Ascended Extra: She has a more prominent role in the movie, while also taking Kamome's place for most of it
- Petite Pride
- Schoolgirl Lesbians
- Stalker with a Crush: To Hibari, Kamome in the TV series and Tsubame in the movie.
- The Team Wannabe: She learns that Densuke can transform by plain ol' stalking Hibari all the time, and tries to pose as the sixth chosen girl just to get Hibari to notice her.
Kamome's grandfather. Kamome generally learns anything about Pata-Pis from him as he was once a part of Rosenkreuz's secret scientists' society. He is a pervert who peeps at girls' underwear now and then while watching out for the girls from afar.