- Better on DVD：As exemplified here, as expected of Ashi Productions, the series had moments of being Off-Model when it originally aired, but thankfully this was fixed on the home video releases where the animation is much more consistent. For those wondering, we got the home video version with the more consistent animation when the series was being released in the US.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The series used to be surprisingly popular in Latin America, where it was broadcast in the legendary anime TV channel Locomotion.
- Ho Yay: Christian's admiration towards Crane is tinted with this. He even refers to Crane as "the Eve to my Adam" at one point.
- Les Yay:
- Episode 8 may as well be called "The Les Yay Episode." In addition to Uzura the Schoolgirl Lesbian confessing her feelings to Hibari, there's also Hibari and Tsugumi pretending to be dating and Uzura grudgingly admitting that they make a cute couple. And then Suzume uses her gadgets to make the two faux-lovers embrace each other, prompting them to say things like "I can't control myself!" Finally Suzume unleashes "Phase 3: The Grand Finale Fanservice Climax" which compels Hibari and Tsugumi to kiss, although Uzura stops them at the very last second.
- Hibari and Tsubame aldo shows some romantic subtext. In 21 Tsubame blushed when Hibari compliments her.
- Moe: Every single character.
- Older Than They Think: The show predates Puella Magi Madoka Magica in several of the elements which made it famous. The turn from lighthearted magical girl show to darker Mind Screw, the five main characters having color and personality themes matching Madoka's to a ridiculous degree, the entity which grants them their powers being more sinister than it looks... One can comfortably think that Madoka is this series's Spiritual Successor.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: Quite a lot, similar to Neon Genesis Evangelion. For example, there's a MacGuffin called Metatron, the Five-Man Band of girls are referred to as the Anima Mundi, the powered armor suits of Takashi and his gang are all named after Biblical demons (Astaroth, Asmodeus, Beelzebub, and Lucifer), and when we see Crane in the present day, he has white wings and is strung up on a cross, and resides in a space fortress called Primum Mobile.
YMMV / Cyber Team in Akihabara