The Father Figure of the Japanese Voice-Acting Industry, Ken'ichi Ogata (born March 29, 1942) is a male voice actor from Tagawa, Fukuoka Prefecture.
Some of his most notable roles have been as Genma Saotome of Ranma ½, as Leo and Liger Shishioh of The King of Braves GaoGaiGar, Professor Hiroshi Agasa of Case Closed, and more recently, as Gran Torino of My Hero Academia.
The work in which he voiced the most characters was in the Super Robot Wars series. He used to work at Aoni Production and now is working at Production Baobab.
Kenichi Ogata was born to Japanese comedian Kenichi Enomoto. After graduating junior high school, Ogata studied cooking, and then went to high school, where he aimed to be a comedy performer, and worked for some theatrical companies. His voice acting debut was in Mazinger Z, and has been voice acting since.
He is known for his unique soft voice, but also for his astringent and villain roles, and has an established reputation for his role in Tensai Bakabon.
So, if Osamu Tezuka is the god of anime, then Kenichi-san is the god of seiyu? Well, that's a joke.
- Akio Kano in Devils' Line
- Aku Aku in the Japanese version of the Crash Bandicoot series
- Arsalan in Tokyo Afterschool Summoners
- Azaka in Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki
- Beloukas in The Rising of the Shield Hero
- The Brain in the Japanese dub of Animaniacs and spinoff Pinky and the Brain
- Bunta in Gaiking
- Chongara in the Arc the Lad series
- Ebisumaru in the Ganbare Goemon games and TV anime
- The Elder in Star Wars: Visions (The Elder)
- Flange Doozer in the NHK dub of Fraggle Rock
- Mr. Funiyoshi in the Japanese TV dub of Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Genma Saotome in Ranma ½
- General Bat in Getter Robo
- Genryusai Shinobibe in the Mashin Hero Wataru Series
- Doktor Cosmo in Mashin Hero Wataru
- Dowarutar in Mashin Hero Wataru 2
- Gil the dog in Ruin Explorers
- Girigiri Oyaji in Lightning Legend: Daigo no Daibouken
- Gran Torino in My Hero Academia
- Hiroshi Agasa in Case Closed
- James Shirogane in The Wonderful 101
- Professor Jordan Perry in the Japanese dub of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
- King Dedede in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
- Dr. Kuseno in One-Punch Man
- Leo Shishioh, Liger Shishioh, and Pasder in GaoGaiGar
- Myoga in Inuyasha
- Ousama Megid in Kamen Rider Saber
- Wattson and Charon in Pokémon: The Series
- Santa Claus in Gintama
- Sehir Halil Pasha in Shoukoku no Altair
- Shamisen in Haruhi Suzumiya
- Shimazu Yoshihiro in the Sengoku Basara series
- Tiramisu in Fresh Pretty Cure!
- Victor the Securitron in the Japanese dub of Fallout: New Vegas