Nanashi is a shut-in teenager. He has been living at his cousin's house ever since he stopped coming to school. His primary goal throughout the game is to make as many friends as possible while maintaining the 8bit world.
In 1beatheart, Nanase, who's already grown into a young adult, serve as Misane's assistant as he's aiding her in crime scenes, although Misane always lampshades how he's far more superior than her.
- Animals Hate Him: Noted in Hitohito's sidequest.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: In Kirara's sidequest, she briefly gives him a wig and hair clips and puts makeup on him.
- Big Brother Worship: He looks up to his cousin so much that he's calling him his brother.
- Catchphrase: Some form of "I'll do literally anything," as befitting his Extreme Doormat status.
- Covert Pervert: He often makes notes about a character's appearance, male or female.
- Chubby Chaser: He may be one, considering he told Azusa that he likes a little chubbiness on girls. Primarily for a bigger chest, though.
- Cry into Chest: With Misane, in a Good Ending exclusive scene.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: Minx sings the ending theme, "1BitHeart".
- Delayed Reaction: He has a few. The first one was after Misane revealed that she was from the future and the other was after she told him that she likes him.
- Driven to Suicide: In the Normal Ending, he will jump out of the building in order to stop his Future Self from changing the future.
- Extreme Doormat: He tends to let people walk all over him. However, he won't die or give his limbs away, even when asked.
- Freudian Excuse: It's implied that he may have been bullied at school. However, his cheerful demeanor makes it hard to confirm.
- Heroic Albino: Although he don't refer himself as a hero.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: He tends to beat down on himself quite a bit.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: All of his sidequests in between chapters features him befriending everyone that he's met.
- In-Series Nickname: His nickname is a fusion of "Yoshi" and "Nanase". Although in the future, he seems to stop using it.
- Yukinaga nicknames him "Nasshi".
- In 1BeatHeart, he mentions that due to his bad luck - people had come to call him "Nanash-ural Disaster".
- Kirk Summation: In the Good Ending, to his future self. He says that people are different, and that everyone's missing something... But that that's what allows people to find what they lack in others. His future self accepts his answer as proof that he's changed and calls it off.
- Leap Day: Was born on February 29th.
- Magical Eye: He has an automatic ability to perceive numbers in the world—for instance, he can immediately discern a person's weight and proportions. Since he can perceive numbers inside the minds of others, the use of a calculator program allows him to extend this to Telepathy and to insert thoughts into the minds of others. The cause of the power isn't ever explored.
- Manly Tears: In the true ending.
- Meaningful Name: His nickname is literally called "Nameless" in english.
- Mind Rape: What he does to Akashi during his sidequest. He wonders if maybe he went too far upon seeing Akashi's reaction to the "trauma".
- Nice Guy: He's the nicest guy in the game, even when he does some questionable things for friendship.
- No Sense of Personal Space: He tends to use his mind-reading abilities to know more about the person he's talking to.
- No Social Skills: Due to his isolation from society for four months and constantly being beaten down by other people. It's pointed out later in the story that the real cause is his Telepathy—he can always tell what people think and what they want, which kept him from ever developing the skills normal people use to understand others.
- Odd Friendship: Most of the characters he befriends are strange people.
- Perpetual Smiler: Most of his sprites show him smiling.
- Power Degeneration: It's pointed out that his constant Magical Eye perception will, in all likelihood, eventually overwhelm his brain and kill him.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Aside of it being his Color Motif, according to Misane, he wears pink underwear.
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: His behavior in the extra chapter suggests that he still remembers the time traveling eight years ago, though their friends appear to have forgotten Misane. It's possible that he's simply read the memories from her mind, however.
- Stalker Without a Crush: He and Misane go around Sunset Hill and Blue Sun Street, trying to learn more about Natsukage.
- Stepford Smiler: A very strong Type A.
- Tareme Eyes: Befitting his kindness and fragility. Both his present and (both versions of his) future self have them, originally—but in the Extra Chapter epilogue, there's a subtle shift to Tsurime Eyes, befitting his increased confidence and self-esteem.
- Teen Genius: Able to counter the Hackers' attacks with his own.
- Telepathy: Of sorts.
- Unusual Ears: His BitPhone looks like a pair of bunny ears.
A strange girl that woke up in Nanashi's futon. She reveals at the end of Chapter 1 that she's from 2230, eight years from the current time period, and she's here to save the past from a doomed future.
In 1beatheart, she's become a detective apprentice with Nanase on her side as an assistant to solve crimes.
- Anime Hair: She has a braid in the front, which loops through to her back. She also has an ahoge at the top of her head.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: The future Nanashi found her in a park when she was alone and depressed, so she was willing to even travel back in time if it meant helping him.
- Breakout Character: Aside from being a playable character in the bonus chapter, she becomes the main focus in 1beatheart. Not to mention that the novel adaptation of the game is told from her prespective.
- Catchphrase: Started from 1beatheart, in some form of "That... is the truth of this case!" every time she succeeded on solving the case.
- Deadpan Snarker: She occasually snark toward Nanashi's obliviousness.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Which they matched her hair colors.
- Kid Detective: She actively participates in the mysteries surrounding the game, even moreso in 1beatheart.
- Love Confession: Of the form of 'like,' leaving it originally ambiguous. However, the later chapters, Good Ending and extra chapter all make it increasingly clear that her feelings are romantic.
- No Last Name Given: She doesn't give her last name when introducing herself.
- Precocious Crush: She met Nanashi when she was in her early teens and he was in his early twenties.
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: When she returns to the future in the extra chapter, she still remembers everything that occurred in the past, even though their friends appear to have forgotten (with the seeming exception of Nanashi). She believes that she'll eventually forget, however.
- The Stoic: She maintains a vapid expression for most of the game.
- Time Travel: She's traveled 8 years from the future in order to help Nanashi overcome his self-esteem and prevent him from becoming his current future self that will unify the world by using one mind.
- Unusual Ears: In 1beatheart, she sporting cat ear-shaped bitphones in contrast of Nanashi's bunny-eared ones.
- When She Smiles: She express one when she's confess her feeling to Nanashi
- You Already Changed the Past: Towards the end of Chapter 3, Misane reveals that she has already changed the future by going to the past.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: It even matched her eye colors.
Mikado Aisaka/Future Nanashi
Mikado is Nanashi's older cousin and the creator of the Master Program. He has been able to maintain a healthy website ever since its creation. However, he soon discovers hackers getting into the system.
- Assimilation Plot: He meant to unify the world and establish world peace. However, he was going to accomplish this by using one mind.
- Big Bad: Hes the one behind the hackers.
- Big Brother Instinct: He's allowed Nanashi to stay in his apartment ever since he stopped going to school. He even designed his BitPhone to look the way he wanted it. Subverted as he's the adult version of Nanashi.
- Bishie Sparkles: It's kind of hard to see them, but they are there near his head.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He's cheerful and goofy, but also the creator of the Master Program.
- Misane reveals that Mikado isn't the original developer. It's also revealed that he's a part of the Hackers.
- Death Seeker: In light of his impending Power Degeneration, he decided to spend the rest of his life to create world peace... But he knew that the past Nanashi would likely oppose him, and even if he did succeed, he'd wipe himself out of existence in the process. Should Nanashi choose to kill him, as he does in the Bad ending (or in the Normal ending, by killing himself), he accepts it calmly.
- Foreshadowing: According to his Mutter info, he's eight years older than Nanashi and Misane says he's from 2230 (eight years from the current time period). Coincidence?
- Graceful Loser: In the Good Ending, when Nanashi rejects his plan and grows past him.
- HeelFace Turn: In the Good ending.
- Heroic Albino: His true appearance. However, the heroic part is a bit of a grey area.
- Human Note Pad: He tends to write on himself.
- Perpetual Smiler: There's hardly a scene when he's not smiling. Even when he reveals himself as part of the Hackers, he's still smiling pleasantly.
- Ret Gone: The Extra Chapter reveals that he vanishes from the time machine while returning to the future.
- Self-Deprecation: He doesn't like other people being called idiots, but he's fine with being called an idiot himself. Since he's the adult version of Nanashi, his self-esteem is extremely low.
- Stepford Smiler: He's a much stronger version of Nanashi since he never made friends in his timeline.
- Treacherous Advisor: He's the leader of the Hackers and Nanashi has been going to him for help throughout most of the game. He's not that treacherous either, but he shouldn't be trusted.
- Walking Spoiler: He's a part of the Hackers and he's from the future.
- He's also Future Nanashi, which officially explains why Misane wants the current Nanashi to make a lot of friends.
- White Hair, Black Heart: In his Nanashi form.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He instigates an Assimilation Plot to prevent a Bad Future he came from.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: While his goals don't involve hurting anyone, he did mean to bring world peace through forceful measures.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
Natsukage is Nanashi's first friend. He's a swimmer known for his aggressive swimming behavior.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: His older sister often views him as this.
- Headbutting Heroes: He and Akitaka constantly fight each other. Even when confronting Nomiya and Tobari, they end up beating each other up.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He acts aloof and rude, but he cares about his friends deep down.
- He even taught Miumi some Japanese.
- Kids Are Cruel: He used to be a bully when he was younger.
- Odd Friendship: With Nanashi and Yukinaga.
- Only Sane Man: He views himself as this.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Akitaka's red.
- Shirtless Scene: Has one when Nanashi finds him at the pool.
- Tsundere: Gets it from his sister.
- When He Smiles
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: He has purple hair with pink streaks.
Miumi Miclairno Mizuki
A close friend of Natsukage. For the first chapter, she goes around town, trying to help Natsukage.
- But Not Too Foreign: She's half Japanese. Her sidequest involves an exploration of Japanese food and culture.
- Girlish Pigtails: Has a pair of thin, wavy twin tails.
- Gratuitous Japanese: She often incorporates Japanese words and phrases into her sentences. Eight years later, once she's had more time to learn...
- Malaproper: ...she instead mixes up similar-sounding words now and again.
- Morality Chain: Has Natsukage on one.
- Mystical White Hair: Her bio states that she's albino, but she has lilac eyes instead of red.
- New Transfer Student: She was a new student at Natsukage's school. He decided to teach her Japanese since she didn't know one word of Japanese.
He first encountered Nanashi in Blue Sun Street by looking after Miumi. He works with his parents at their flower shop.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: It may be because he's still pretty young, but his BitPhone (which look like flowers) and his facial features make him look like a younger version of his mother.
- Early-Bird Cameo: He was seen attending to Miumi who was exhausted from chasing after Natsukage.
- Hacked by a Pirate: He was taken over by Kirai and was almost used to infect the park.
- Meaningful Name: "Haru" is Japanese for "spring" and he has green eyes.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He looks just like his mother.
A delinquent who frequently gets into a fight with Natsukage. In the Coco Alley chapter, he manages to stop Haruya from spreading the virus.
- Achievements in Ignorance: He unknowingly stopped the infected Haruya from spreading Kirai's virus.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Might be one for his older siblings.
- Book Dumb: He's one of the least smart characters of them all.
- Cool Mask: His mask is from his favorite movie. His friends/band mates also carry some souvenirs connected to the movie.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Youd be forgiven for thinking he was a hacker, given his intimidating design.
- Early-Bird Cameo: He first showed up in Sunset Hill and was seen arguing with Natsukage.
- Fiery Redhead: He'll start fighting someone if they start it. However, because he's in a band, he won't use his hands.
- Headbutting Heroes: There are times where he and Natsukage will fight. He claims that during their encounter with Hackers in Break Passage he has poor perception.
- Hidden Depths: He knows how to play the piano despite his tough exterior.
- The Immune: He's unaffected by Tobari's line-cutting. Unlike Nanashi and Misane, he's able to use his BitPhone without any issues.
- In-Series Nickname: His band mates call him "Akki". His older brother, Ryuuri, calls him "Akibo".
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Subverted. That's just his style.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Natsukage's blue.
- Sleepyhead: He sleeps almost anywhere.
- Shout-Out: His mask is probably one for Tokyo Ghoul.
- Tsurime Eyes
A talking Pomeranian-Shiba hybrid. She's Aira's traveling companion who sticks by her along the way. At the end of the Break Passage chapter, she and Aira will be staying at Nanashi's place.
- Dog Girl: Official artwork shows her as a human with dog ears. Chapter 4 reveals that Potete was experimented that her mind was switched with the dog.
- Early-Bird Cameo: She and Aira were seen in Coco Alley where Kirai was harassing them. Of course, they both got away before any interaction could begin.
- Mama Bear: Once she's found by Nanashi, she makes her primary goal to find Aira.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Potete's real name before the swap when she was a human is Eruno Kyouka (Kyouka Eruno in western Format).
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: She gets slightly offended/annoyed when Enri says that he doesn't want to get close to her.
- Talking Animal
- Team Pet: The only animal in the game.
- Vocal Dissonance: Don't be fooled by her voice. She sounds masculine, but she's really female. Chapter 4 clarifies that it's because her consciousness was swapped.
An android girl made by Kiri. She was briefly seen in Coco Alley where she and Potete were being picked on by Kirai. She and Potete get separated in Break Passage and Aira starts getting picked on by the locals.
- Brown Bag Mask: For the Break Passage and Sweet Beach chapters, she wears this. Afterwards, it comes off.
- Early-Bird Cameo: She and Potete were being harassed by Kirai in Coco Alley. She took off using her rocket boots before Nanashi could talk to her.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Pinocchio Syndrome: She wants to be more human. She even wanted to imitate Nanashi if it meant being more human.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: "Aira is. Normal! A normal. Human!"
- Robot Girl
- The Stoic: Because her father didn't work on her facial muscles very much before she left, she can't emote. This was the reason why she wore the paper bag in the first place.
- Super Strength: Since she's an android, this should be expected. She easily beats other fighters that have been augmented with the One Death Punch program.
- Terse Talker: Her sentences are mostly fragmented.
- Third-Person Person
Sakuma is Natsukage's older sister and owner of the Bitwave store.
- A-Cup Angst: She wears a bikini, but it's noted by Nanashi that she's flat-chested.
- Aloof Big Sister: Partially because of her Tsundere personality clashing with her brother's and partially because of her secret envy towards him.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: She and her brother share a sweet moment with each other when they awkwardly exchange birthday presents.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Part of her tsundere personality.
- Ms. Fanservice: She wears a bikini with an open coat over it.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Selective Obliviousness: She ignores comments that she doesn't like.
- Sibling Rivalry: A one-sided reason for her tense relationship with Natsukage.
- Tsundere: Type A.
- Trying Not to Cry: After getting into an argument with her brother, she tries holding back tears. It doesn't work.
- When She Smiles
- You Gotta Have Pink and Purple Hair: Unlike her brother, one half of her hair is pink with purple highlights while the other half is purple with pink.
A childhood friend of Natsukage and a fellow member of Sky-Sea-Run. He later gets hacked by Nomiya.
- Hacked by a Pirate: He briefly gets hacked by Nomiya.
- Keet: In contrast to Natsukage's mellow and Tsundere personality.
- The Nicknamer: He calls Natsukage "Orca" and Nanashi "Nasshi".
- Odd Friendship: With Natsukage.
- Opposites Attract: Apparently, he and Nanashi have nothing in common. However, they're still able to get along well.
A self-proclaimed mad scientist who experiments on people, mostly on muscle-based projects. He's the creator of Aira the android girl.
- Evil Laugh: His sprite bobs whenever he laughs. Sometimes, his eyes roll back as well.
- Foreshadowing: He made an android girl prior to the game, but she ran off after she was activated. Guess who becomes Nanashi's new friend later?
- Large Ham: Even in his Mutter messages, he has it in all caps and has his laughs typed in.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: One of the few male characters with long hair.
- Mad Scientist
- Mr. Fanservice: His coat is open, showing off his well-tone muscles, which he acknowledges, and a few scars.
A clerk of the Rat Ear store. He's very popular with his female customers.
- Beware the Nice Ones: If someone disrespects him, his customers or anyone he's close to, he will get serious.
- Brand X: He seems to think that friends and the term "ladies' man" are a type of brand.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: He acknowledges that he spaced out when he first meets Nanashi.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: He's unaware that he's popular with his female customers.
- Eyes Always Closed: He opens his eyes once a disgruntled customer starts acting violently towards him and another employee.
- Hidden Depths: He likes villains on TV and he knows martial arts.
- Nice Guy: He's one of the nicest guys in the game.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Signature Laugh: "Ehehe."
- Smarter Than You Look: He knows that BitPhones are built sturdy and shouldn't break easily. He uses this logic to suspect a customer of breaking the phone on purpose.
- Unwanted Harem: His female customers tend to fight over him.
The guide of the 307 Tour. She's often curious about life and other occurrences.
- Childhood Friends: When she was younger, she used to hang out with her friends, Sacchan and Yuu-chan. She even went to college with them, but their schedules make it hard to meet up.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: Nanashi gets worried about this when she gets on a swing in Twilight Park.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Hair Decoration: A black bow.
- Married to the Job: She's intended on focusing all of her attention on her job. Once she finishes her lunch break, she gets right back into work mode.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt
- The Stoic: She barely cracks a smile. Her sidequest involves her considering the aspect of smiling.
- According to her, she's always been this way. Part of the reason why she loves her job is being able to see people smile, even when she can't.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A novelist known for his famous works, "Gate of Rakshasa" and "Hirohime". His pen name is Kamomedai Akutamori. He's found at the 307 Tower near the elevator.
- Driven to Suicide: He hasn't done it yet, but he claims to want to jump off the tower.
- Expy: Almost certainly a reference to Akutagawa Ryunosuke, the 1920s author who wrote Gate of Rashomon, and later committed suicide.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: It's pretty clear that he may be suffering from depression and he doesn't feel loved by his fans.
- He had a childhood friend whom he dedicated his writing for. Ever since she disappeared, he lost the inspiration for writing.
- Ill Boy: He used to get sick frequently and was hospitalized as a result. That's how he met Sakura. He even establishes that he escaped the hospital just recently.
- Self-Harm: He tends to pick at his body when he's worried. It sometimes gets so bad that he has to be bandaged up.
- Sweet Tooth: He's noted for liking sweet things.
- When He Smiles: When Nanashi agrees to help him find Sakura Yunoki, he smiles.
An old woman who runs the Nemochi Shop.
- Anime Hair: Yes, even she has a weird hair style.
- Cool Old Lady
- Eyes Always Shut
- Ironic Name: "Yasune" means "child" in Japanese.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: She owns a tortoiseshell cat who's about as old as her. She takes in the kitten that Shizuko was taking care of after she passes.
Older sister of Shiroro and Kuroku. She's the owner of the Inari Drugstore.
- Big Sister Instinct: Has a pair of younger twin siblings, whom she looks after.
- Cool Big Sis: Becomes one for Miumi.
- Childhood Friends: With Hakuhi and Takamiya.
- Don't Call Me "Sir": While her biological sex is male, she uses female pronouns and prefers to be called "miss".
- The Matchmaker: Her sidequest involves Nanashi getting Takamiya together with Hakuhi.
- The Tease: She often flirts with with Nanashi, only to say "Just kidding."
- Transgender: Biologically male, but identifies as female.
The shrine maiden of the Komainu Shrine.
- Buxom Is Better: Nanashi notes her large chest during his sidequest with Shitara.
- Hair Decoration: Wears a red and white headband and hair ties. The ribbons are her BitPhones.
- Childhood Friends: With Shitara and Takamiya.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: A bit forgetful, which works against her.
- Taking Advantage of Generosity: Her sidequest involves her being taken advantage of by someone who claims to be a friend from middle school.
Shiroro and Kuroku Yakumo
Younger siblings of Shitara. They're often found in Twilight Park playing by themselves or with Nanashi on his sidequests.
- Annoying Younger Siblings: Shitara (playfully) calls them brats.
- Half-Identical Twins: One's a boy and one's a girl.
- Ironic Name: "Shiroro" is Japanese for "white" and "Kuroku" is Japanese for "black". But it's the white-haired boy who's named Kuroku, and the black-haired girl who's named Shiroro.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Shiroro is a girl and has black hair while Kuroku is a boy and has white hair. Nanashi even notes their difference in interests.
- Trickster Twins: Their sidequest involves making Nanashi sticking burs on people.
- Unusual Ears: Their BitPhones are shaped like fox ears.
A police officer located in Sunset Hill. Shitara later reveals that she and Takamiya grew up together and have known each other for years.
- Adorkable: When around Hakuhi.
- Anime Hair: His hair is mostly normal except for one lock that sticks out.
- Berserk Button: Don't take advantage of his friends, especially Hakuhi. He'll have you in cuffs before you can blink.
- Cannot Spit It Out: He's too shy to come forward with his feelings towards Hakuhi.
- Childhood Friends: With Hakuhi and Shitara.
- Childhood Friend Romance: He has always liked Hakuhi ever since they were kids.
- Luminescent Blush: When he gets nervous or embarrassed.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Police are Useless: Subverted. Nanashi does go to him for help every now and then.
- In Hakuhi's sidequest, he goes after a man who's been tricking her into giving him money.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Since he's a police officer, he can't show too much emotion.
Owner of Fuuraijin on Twilight Lane.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Feminine Women Can Cook: She runs her ramen shop all by herself.
- Meaningful Name: "Shiren" means "trial". Her sidequest involves her and Nanashi exploring new dishes for her ramen shop.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Has one on the side of her head.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She owns a ramen shop, so guess what she likes.
A young woman in her late twenties searching for a man to marry. Owner of Mitsukuni Books.
Owner of Spica. His parents used to own the planetarium. However, since their trip overseas, he's made it his own place.
- Freudian Excuse: He was born without the use of his legs, which causes him to envy his younger brother. The reason why his parents went overseas is so that they could help his brother study abroad.
- Meaningful Name: "Sora" is Japanese for "sky" and his parents own a planetarium. His name is written with the kanji for "heavens."
- Perpetual Frowner
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted.
- Self-Deprecation: He calls himself a good-for-nothing.
- Tsurime Eyes
- The Unfavorite: He feels like this.
A waitress at Cafe Lapin. She's known for her clumsy and nervous behavior.
- Alliterative Name: Rocca Rion.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: She trips over herself a lot. Her sidequest involves Nanashi helping her find ways of keeping calm.
- Hair Decoration: Wears various hair clips and a headband.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie
A baseball player found in Honey Park.
- Aborted Declaration of Love: He tried confessing to Tama, but he backed out and declared his love for sukiyaki.
- This is a play of words in Japanese. He originally started saying "Sukidesu" or some other variation of confession in Japanese, but he changed to "sukiyaki".
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Tama. Though like with Takamiya, he's too shy to say anything.
- Idiot Hair: He has an ahoge sticking out from his cap.
- Speech Impediment: He stutters when he gets nervous.
A mad scientist who has an obsession with dolls. She's found in Chidoll.
- Creepy Doll: Her residence is populated by a lot of them, even though they're not seen proper. She programs complex AI into them in hopes of making them like real people.
- Evil Laugh
- Foreshadowing: Similarly, Misato mentions adopting an android who later ran away. She also mentions naming her. Guess who becomes Nanashi's friend later?
- Large Ham: If reading her introductory quote doesn't communicate this, hearing it will erase any doubts.
- Mad Scientist: Just like Kiri.
- Rapunzel Hair: Only her bangs are long. The rest of her hair is short.
- Truly Single Parent: She has various dolls, which she brings to life and makes them her children.
- Unexpected Genre Change: Agreeing to help find her lipstick thrusts the player into a playable horror-esque level akin to Ib.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
Owner of the Rinata. She was the designer of Nanashi's school uniform of Mashiro Town.
- Rapunzel Hair: Reaches past her hips.
- Unusual Ears: Her BitPhone is similar to Nanashi's bunny ears.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
The gardener at Honey Park. He has a flower avatar named Hapitan on his shoulder, which has a pair of Cool Shades on.
- Curtains Match the Windows: He has violet hair and eyes.
- Elective Mute: His avatar, Hapitan, does most of the talking for him.
- He can talk, but he chooses not to. You can actually hear Moroku actually talking near the end of his friend event but it's a "Blink or you'll miss" moment for Nanashi.
- Green Thumb
- Hand Signals: He uses this when his avatar's voice box is out of commission.
- The Stoic
Owner of the Flower Bee and Haruya's mother.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Nanashi initially had no idea that she was Haruya's mother.
- Malaproper: Mixes up similar sounding words or expressions sometimes.
- No Sense of Direction: It's so bad that she ended up getting lost for one day and her husband had the police search for her. This is why her son does all of the deliveries.
- Spot of Tea
A member of Akitaka's band. He plays the drums.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Freudian Excuse: When he was younger, he was chased by a big dog. As a result, he's terrified of dogs.
- Future Slang: He uses terms like "yo" and "dude".
- In-Series Nickname: Asuto calls him "Erin".
- The Stoic: He barely emotes.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
A member of Akitaka's band. He plays the bass.
- The Determinator: His sidequest involves spending thousands of yen on a crane game to obtain rare Larikkuma merchandise.
- Fanboy: A great fan of Larikkuma, and enjoys its related merchandise.
- In-Series Nickname: Called "Asu".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Akitaka's older sister who works at WAC Berger.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: She does this to Nanashi when he tells her that a little chubbiness helps girls' chests.
- Bare Your Midriff: She doesn't wear a shirt in her artwork.
- Big Eater: She loves eating WAC burgers.
- Fiery Redhead
- In-Series Nickname: Akitaka calls her "Azu".
- Ms. Fanservice: Doesn't wear a shirt and has large breasts. Probably from eating so many burgers.
- Weight Woe: Her sidequest consists of helping her lose weight.
Akitaka's eldest brother. He's found in the Backstreet.
- Big Brother Instinct: Despite his gruff behavior, he cares about his younger siblings. During Azusa's sidequest, he shows some Tough Love by telling her to stop eating as much and then takes away her burgers.
- He takes on this personality with Nanashi as well.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He pretends to be this towards Kirara in his sidequest.
- Delinquent Hair: Most of his hair is shaved off except the mow-hawk.
- Fiery Redhead
- The Immune: He's unaffected by Nomiya's attempted virus. Must run in the family.
- Love at First Punch: With his girlfriend, Kirara.
- Mr. Fanservice: He doesn't have a shirt on and he wears a pair of ripped jeans.
- Sleepyhead: Like Akitaka, he'll fall asleep anywhere. He even gets consulted on managing sleep in Meru's sidequest.
- Tsurime Eyes
- Walking Shirtless Scene
Ryuuri's girlfriend and a member of his gang.
- Bare Your Midriff
- The Ditz: She's very pretty, but also very airheaded.
- Love at First Punch: She punched him after he saved her from another gang and after he asked her out.
- Rescue Romance: Not at first.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She's a part of Ryuuri's gang and she can throw good punches, but she also has long dirty blonde/light brown hair and wears high heels and stockings.
- The Unintelligible: She was already kind of hard to understand, what with all that gyaru slang she uses. But then she uses a mishmash of letters and symbols in one sidequest conversation and in her Mutter messages. The symbols can be barely made out to be intelligible Japanese, but it's likely a visual interpretation of heavily slurred speech.
A reporter located at the Yazuki Times. He originally lived in Coco Alley, but he was suddenly transferred to Break Passage.
- Cowardly Lion: He gets easily scared and offers to gives his money away.
- Exhausted Eye Bags: While not immediately obvious on his talk sprite, Yuuto's eye bags get commented on during his sidequest. It's mostly due to him being unable to sleep at night, due to the rowdy night owls. Nanashi notes that it looks like he pulled an all-nighter.
- Expy: He kinda looks like Ciel.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A man who dresses up like a Native American chief. He's located at the Arcade.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Dark-Skinned Blonde
- Hot-Blooded: He gets really frustrated when he repeatedly loses to "Kotaro".
- Sore Loser: He threatens to hit Nanashi if he beats him at another game.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
A virus-busting girl found at the Warehouse.
- Gamer Chick: She turns out to be Jin's rival, "Kotaro".
- Large Ham: "It liiives!"
- Playful Hacker: She messes with Jin for two reasons: To get him out of the arcade and to test her hacking ability.
- Signature Laugh: "Ufufu."
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Her interference with Jin's gaming was to get to him not to spend as much time at the arcade.
Kirai's older brother. He experimented on Potete prior to the game and swapped minds with her and a dog. To make sure she didn't remember what happened, he repressed her memories. He manages to counter Kirai's hacking with his own.
- Aloof Big Brother: He might be one. He at least noticed Kirai hasn't been home as often.
- It Amused Me: He keeps saying that he's amused and interested in what Nanashi has to say. He's even interested in the Hackers.
- Mad Scientist: In a way, maybe. The purpose of experimenting on the Potetes is to prove his theory that humans can be controlled. Of course he did this without either's consent.
- Multicolored Hair: Like Kirai, he has white hair with black streaks.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Again like Kirai, he's pretty arrogant about himself.
- Teen Genius: He is pretty smart, but he likes to brag about his intelligence.
A girl who wishes to be loved at any cost. She's found sitting on a bench in the streets.
- Blinding Bangs: Her hair covers the left side of her face.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She becomes one when she and Nanashi start "dating".
- Girlish Pigtails: Two little ringlets.
- Icy Blue Eyes
- If I Can't Have You...: She promises to do this if she suspects Nanashi of being unfaithful to her.
- Light Is Not Good: She wears a white outfit and has long blonde hair, and is a Yandere.
- Murder-Suicide: Is considering doing this to herself and Nanashi.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches her hips.
- Self-Harm: She threatens to cut herself if Nanashi talks to other girls and other boys.
- Shrinking Violet: She's kind of shy, but she's also very creepy.
- Shout-Out: A blonde girl who suddenly becomes attached to a boy she just met, threatens to kill him or any girls he's with and worships him like a god. Misa Amane much?
- She may also be one for Yuno as well since she doesn't want Nanashi around boys either.
- The Stoic: Her current piece of art shows her wearing a vapid expression.
- The Un-Smile: She gives a small one to Nanashi, which creeps him out.
- Yandere: Once she and Nanashi start "dating", she becomes overly attached, jealous of anyone Nanashi may be spending time with that isn't her, and is willing to kill anyone she perceives as a threat to her relationship with Nanashi. When she's befriended, she promises to love Nanashi for eternity even if he comes to hate her.
A party girl. She's found at Sorry Music Shop.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Her socks and sleeves differ.
- Idol Singer
- Meaningful Name: Her stage name isn't for show — she actually gets tummyaches from stress while performing, and takes medication to control it.
- Multicolored Hair: She has long blonde hair with pink and blue streaks.
- Rapunzel Hair: If her hair didn't curl at the ends, it'd drag on the ground.
- Stage Name: "Tummy Tummy Ache", which is an allusion to singer Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.
A narcoleptic maid. She's found at Lillian.
- Eyes Always Shut: For the most part, because she's sleeping. At most, she opens one eye a tiny bit.
- Rapunzel Hair: Tied up in a ponytail.
- Sleepyhead: She falls asleep even while talking with people.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A peppy girl. She's found in Little Berry.
- Alliterative Name: Sagara Sakuse.
- Chuunibyou: She thinks she has extreme supernatural powers and is being hunted by a seedy Organization.
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Head Pet: She has a pet bird on top of her head.
- Mismatched Eyes: Left eye is blue and right eye is gold.
- Sailor Fuku: Her outfit looks like this.
An energetic girl who likes to dress up like a witch. She works at Star Brink.
- Cute Witch: Intentionally dresses up as one, to appear "fortune-teller-esque".
- Genki Girl
- Rapunzel Hair: Her braids go past her knees.
- Say It with Hearts: Or rather, say it with stars ☆!
- Signature Laugh: "Eheehee."
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A cheerful and upbeat teen. He works at Fairytale Forest.
- Icy Blue Eyes: This might imply he's cold to certain people.
- Overprotective Dad: He apparently doesn't want Nanashi to hang out with Misane. Yet, given the eight year gap between them in this scenario, it makes sense for him to be worried.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has the same hair colour as his daughter.
A possible Yandere cook.
The first Hacker Nanashi and Misane encounter. He's known for creating the viruses. He briefly takes over Yukinaga and tries to infect Misane and everybody else in 307 Tower.
- The Dragon: To Big Bad Mikado.
- Expy: His design and mannerisms are reminiscent of Sho Minamimoto from The World Ends with You.
- Just One Little Mistake: He accidentally calls Natsukage "Orko" instead of "Orca".
- Large Ham:Nomiya: Ya better show me a whole yotta-fun next time!!! If you bore me again, youre packed!! Zipped!!! DELEEETEEEEEED!!!!!
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: He wears a red bandanna and a black outfit.
- Young and in Charge: He's the second youngest team member and he's the leader. Although, this may have been a cover for Mikado.
The second Hacker found located in Coco Alley. He's seen trampling on the flowerbed and harassing Potete and Aira. He's known for handling the program internals. He attempted to use Haruya to infect the flowerbed in Honey Park.
- Bratty Half-Pint: He disrespects just about everyone he encounters.
- The Brute: Hes the most aggressive of the hackers.
- Creepy Child: He apparently takes delight in the thought of annihilating the human race. Keep in mind, he's ten.
- Multicolored Hair: He has white hair with black streaks.
- School Is for Losers: He dropped out of grade school, claiming that none of the subjects would help him in life.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Crosses into Bratty Half-Pint territory. He gets this behavior from his older brother.
- Strong Family Resemblance: With Izuchi.
The third Hacker in the game. He posed as the owner of Cafe Lapin.
- Apologetic Attacker: According to Tobari, he's responsible for sending out apologies.
- Brainy Brunette: He has to have some brains if he's a Hacker.
- The Evil Genius: In comparison to the others.
- Evil Uncle: He turns out to be Rocca's uncle. However, his plans didn't involve hurting her at all.
- Friendly Enemy: Nanashi notes that Kotora was the only one who doesn't seem outright hostile, or antagonistic towards the allies.
- Just One Little Mistake: He claims that he heard about the flower trampler from Chino even though he said that he heard about the trampling from Haruya.
- Nice Guy: He seems to be the least evil of the bunch.
- Parental Substitute: Possibly trying to be one for Kirai.
- Token Good Teammate: Nanashi even calls him the sole conscience of the hackers in a Mutter conversation.
The fourth Hacker in the game. She's known for cutting the line to the Master Program and sending viruses. She's found by Akitaka in Break Passage.
- Affably Evil: After giving Nanashi and his friends a hint about what they're doing, she tells them that they should pay. When they say that they don't have money, she tries sending viruses. While smiling in a friendly way.
- At Least I Admit It: She's the most honest of the group. However, she will keep her lips sealed regarding detailed information of the Hackers.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita
- Evil Redhead
- Eyes Always Shut: Her right eye, anyway.
- Nice Hat
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: She claims that what they're doing isn't really evil. Rather, she makes it look like the protagonists are misguided by their intentions.
- Perpetual Smiler: Probably gets it from Mikado.
- Token Girl/The Dark Chick: She's the only female Hacker. At least as far as we know.